Reviews of Grange Langham Court Hotel 4 stars

31-35 Langham Street, Westminster Borough, London, W1W 6BU, United Kingdom

#572 of 977 hotels in London

it's getting more and more annoying that the images/pictures on websites share NO resemblance to the room you get. On this occasion the pi$$ was taken a bit too far and I was about yo walk until the room on the site became available.

Air conditioning worked as the pub opposite was so loud I could not have the window open

When booking it asked if it was for a special occasion, I said yes it’s for a birthday could you do something nice. Didn’t get anything unfortunately, would have been a bonus to our weekend.

Very small room and shower. I reserved a single room and the room size was literally the size of the bed. No room to put my luggage.

Good location, next to cafes and grocery

"Double" room doesn't have enough room in it for a standard 4ft 6 double bed. Though I was travelling on my own, so it was ok, if two people were there a 3/4 sized bed wouldn't be very pleasant. Whilst I appreciate the lovely old building brings some restrictions in room sizes, if you can't fit a double bed in, you can't rent it as a double room

Friendly staff

• Executive Twin Room

Bathroom was so small we had to have the shower screen open a certain way to use the loo and had to open it the opposite way to get in and out of the shower. Frustrating. Beds were standard singles and very little room to move around the room.

Location was fantastic. Very close to Oxford Circus and Regent St.

The size of the room, the shower was absolutely awful and not practical in any way. The room was unbelievably hot with no air conditioning. We had to have the fan on all night as well as the window open. We originally booked the Hotel as booking. Com site said it was pet friendly. When I reserved the room I received an email from the hotel telling me that pets were not allowed. However, we went ahead with the booking as the hotel was close to the Theatre and we were assured that this was a great price. When we got to the Hotel my husband noticed that the room was now £35 cheaper. The Hotel would not discount the room and even went so far as to say “had you booked directly with the hotel, you would have got a far better deal and with Breakfast “ we were not happy about this but I did not want to cause a fuss.

Bathroom was clean but a bit cramped, although adequate for a single night. Car parking opportunities are not very convenient.

Staff were very helpful, bedroom clean and the bed super comfortable. The hotel is in a good position for the purpose of our visit. Good value for this part of London.

I would have rated the hotel much higher but for one terrible thing.. The bed was possibly the most uncomfortable one I have ever slept on! I was in room G3 and I think the bed is actually a large sofa bed or is folds away when they want to open an interconnecting door to make it into the lounge area of a suite?.. I barely slept.

The Hotel is a great location looked nice inside and out with great high ceilings

No bar fridge. With our room being at the lower ground, it was really disappointing that the lift was not working. We had to carry our heavy luggages up & down the stairs. The temperature difference between the bedroom & the bathroom was huge. The bathroom was very cold!

Internet connection & location were good. Staff were friendly & helpful.

The shower could’ve been cleaned. The cupboard which keeps the kettle and cup in wouldn’t open properly so I couldn’t use it as I would’ve had to break the cupboard door to get it out to use it.

The room decor was nice. The bed linin was amazingly comfy.

Double room could have been a little bigger and bathroom up dated in style. Bed was very hard . Had no view as frosted glass into back yard. The blind was broken , curtains worked fine. Breakfast was served in the Bestro area . Breakfast was either continental or something off the breakfast menue. It was ok , again Bestro area could be up dated. Service was ok.

On cheking in at front desk staff Friendly , helpful and polite .

I was not told the lift wasn’t working before booking and was placed in a room in higher floors. The room felt like a closet or a dorm room, the furniture was in bad shape, and more importantly the room was freezing my entire stay! The toilet smelled like sewer back flow. Will NOT book there ever again, which is too bad because the location was handy. I was surprised they didn’t offer me anything for the lift being out of service. Overall mediocre experience.

Location. Staff is kind

The room was too small, and the elevator did not work during our stay (in my opinion, most of the time the hotel doesn't have a proper elevator).

the location is very good

Broken lift and our room was on top floor Faulty plug in bathroom sink Dangerous kettle in small cupboard

Location to tube and Oxford street Staff helpfulness

Nice place. Staff excellent. Cleanliness great. Bathtub dangerous as it is high and one needs to be careful not to slip. Not enough surface space in room to accomodate items. Location great.

Beds extremely uncomfortable! (Very firm) Bathroom very small, head up against wall when on toilet!

Great location and good value for city central hotel

Lift was out of order. rooms small. room door on stairs so loud bang in night where someone had slammed door on staircase

Very clean and great location

Room was tiny, someone else was in my booked room before it was changed. Lift was broken. There was no option to turn heating up in the room, a very cold draft filled the room from the window pane and bathroom.

The lift was out of order yet they still put me in the single room which was on the fourth floor. They could have put me in a double that was more accessible.

Great location friendly staff

Room was supposed to be ready early (It wasn't and was pre-booked) Also, I told them about mobility issues and they tried to put me in a 3rd floor room with no working lift. The room was "Part" disabled friendly meaning it had bars and rails in the bathroom but no way for someone like me on my own to get in and out of a bath and there was no separate or accessible shower so I had to wash from the sink which wasn't what I wanted at all. Nice place in all and the staff were lovely and even got a piece of cake for my birthday (what the trip was for) The disabled access rooms need updating urgently

Was no bath tab though the website said it does at the point of booking. Elevator was broken - we we actually locked in. Staff’s Poor English level

Excellent location

The lift stopped working on first morning of stay and I was on the 4th floor! However, I was moved to a first floor room on my request. The breakfast was disappointing and expensive. Although there was plenty of everything the hot self service food was not hot and I could not eat it. However, the cold food, fruit salad and cereals were very nice.

Location excellent. Rooms clean and comfortable.

Staff were excellent. The area was really pretty. He decor of the hotel was of a really high standard. Lovely luxury experience. Super cozy for a January weekend away.

The rooms are tiny for the price. We also had several issues with the bar staff during our stay which was impacted on our experience at the hotel. I have stayed in other Grange hotels previously and found them amazing for location, room size and staff so was left disappointed after our stay here.

The hotel is in a good central location and very clean.

• Executive Twin Room

Our executive room was quite cold. Single beds small and very close together. Didn't shower as bathroom too cold.

Location very good, quiet. Staff very good. Very clean.

The double room we stayed in was very small. There isn’t much space to do anything but sleep. There’s no area to put your suitcases unless it’s on the floor and that’s the only floor space available between the wardrobe and the desk, blocking access to the wardrobe, heater and window. The bed was very firm and flimsy, as were the pillows. The toilet paper and tissues are very bad quality! For the price of the hotel, I expect a little better. We booked an airport transfer service through the reception and it never showed up. After waiting an hour, we needed to get in a cab instead so that was pretty disappointing and could have meant we missed our flight, but luckily we didn’t.

The hotel is in a nice quiet street not too far from major attractions like West End and Oxford street. It’s easily walkable to plenty of cafes, shopping and public transport.

My shower slow not much water would cum out and my bed was very low found it difficult cause of my c section to bend down

Staff were very helpful as a had a newborn baby

We were placed in an underground room - very unpleasent. Our card keys never worked - at least the staff agreed to change them without even asking any questions. I guess because this happens a lot. The bedsheets were dirty and only on the 3rd day were they changed after we asked for this - the room was cleaned but the bedsheets were kept the same... Tiny room - really no place to move...

The staff were very helpful and nice.

The elevation didn’t work properly for the entire stay, room was smelly when we first arrived, tiny lobby, extremely small room, no space to walk at all.

Good location, good price.

old elevator, too much tables and stuff in the lobby and lounge area, need to be more airy by opening curtians and changing the old furniture, need to be more secured with the main gate (bell at night or only room keys), my room with a bad view and you need to remove the extra weird looking bed and just leave it for a couch or more space since the room is tiny. There was a weird static recording sound in the room(room 307) that happens every 15 mins. *What can you do to improve:* Add complimentary water bottle Include slippers Include Bathrobes Add plugs next to the bed window very old and not working Put AC Include better TV options Make the sheets and towels smell good not like vomit Have a bell boy availble to help with the luggage Train your staff at the reception on how to speak and not answer by ' i dont know', the young indian lady with eyeglasses at the reception seemed lost.

Good lobby smell, newspaper is a plus but should have better selection. Staff are nice but need to be more smiley and welcoming

Staff where not that helpful, I asked for water received cloudy tap water, rooms are awful to what your paying for below standard at best. Bathrooms are awful. The lift looks like something out of a 1970 doctor who episode. Walls are so thin you can here everything that's going on in the hotel.

It was close the the club I went to for NYE

Rooms were tiny, even after being upgraded to an executive suite. The rooms didn’t seem to be spotless when we first arrived. The curtains had rips in them. The lift was broken when we first arrived and then didn’t actually work properly the entire time we were there. And I could hear the room next to ours alarm going off each time they snoozed it at 6am

The staff were lovely. My partner had mentioned we were staying for my birthday and they upgraded us, and brought cake and drinks to our room after we had checked in.

Lift broke down - no notices to say to had done, no apology when being informed that we had to walk up to 4th floor. £24 for breakfast is insane.

Location. Good bed.

• Executive Double Room

This hotel is very tired and in need of serious updating. The reception area was cramped and untidy, the tiny lift wasn't working properly, the room was small with old furniture and dirty carpets. Someone had been smoking in the hallways and the room smelled of smoke. I could go on. Very poor value for money.

From the outside the hotel looked lovely.

• Comfort Triple Room

Room was a little small but honestly for the price didn’t really bother us

Comfy bed, lovely and clean. Location was perfect for shows and shopping. Food was tasty and staff polite.

Our room didn't have a great view, the window looked out onto the alleyway and bins. The hotel hallways were too hot for me. I understand the weather has gone cooler but the heating was on at full blast.

Location is great, just off Regent Street and close to Oxford Street. Bed was lovely, so comfortable. Bathroom was lovely and included a bath and complimentary shower gels, shampoos etc. Staff were brilliant, really helpful and friendly.

• Executive Double Room

Breakfast was less than mediocre with very little on offer at a later time.£16 Continental £24 English seems quite steep for the quality and quantity.

The rooms were clean and well appointed. However for an "executive suite" it was very, very small. Tiny bathroom and shower even by London standards.

We were allocated a room on the ground floor. These evidently have very low beds as they are also used as fold up beds, not very good for the older folk. There was no curtains or blinds in bathroom onto the main road. The kettle was dangerous, leaked and dripped everywhere.

The hotel is in a great location. Looks fabulous from the outside.

The hotel is a short walking distance to oxford street. There are lovely restaurants around the hotel. It is a comfortable hotel and the room was clean. I liked the historic charm of the hotel. The location is perfect for shopping and dinning.

I left my mobile charger and retuned within 6 hours but it was gone and could not be located. There seemed little the staff were able to do to assist.

Quiet and comfortable. Good WiFi. Tasty breakfast.

Check in was laborious and bathroom tiny

Location was superb! Very central and walking distance from oxford street, Covent Garden and soho. Lovely restaurants in the vicinity and easy access to tube

Left hotel room at 9.30 but struggled to get through corridor as 20 + bin bags full of laundry were outside room doors. This should be done after check out time of 11.00 as this is unsightly and potential issue in the event of fire drill.

Rom to small!!! Staff in the receipton did not seem to know details and could not explain how to handel the question of breakfast and how to pay. The following morning we were ask to pay 18 pounds insted of 13. À big discussion took place!!

Nothing special about the hotel

Room too small for a couple and very little storage. No bar fridge was inconvenient and a bit disappointing. Bathroom shower door was terrible and hard to use.

Very clean. Had an elevator and staff were very helpful

• Executive Double Room

I worked in London for about 3-4 years. Sometimes I had an apartment, and when I didn't, I always stayed at the Langham Court - by my choice.... maybe 4-5 months in total. I recently met friends in London this week, and suggested the Langham Court, and we all happily and comfortably stayed there. They had booked at a Fleet Street hotel, and I convinced them to change - they took my advice and booked with Grange Langham Court. Your current breakfast prices are too high - I suggest you lower them by about £

Its London so Higher prices & smaller rooms.

We came from Heathrow, via the Heathrow express (20min) to PAddington (25GBP rtn) then black cab to the hotel (16GBP). You could do it by Tube and walk just as easier and cheaper. Not much staff interaction after check-in. Rooms clean and tidy. Small but well designed bathroom. Comfortable beds. WiFi was OK. Was in Town for a party and meeting friends so didn't spend much time at all. So didn't try any food or other services. Great Location, easy access to Oxford street and that it has to offer. Explore the backs street Great Bars and Restaurants.

We were in a basement room that opened onto the street and it was very noisy at about 4am for 2hrs. The room was very small and the bathroom tiny. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a small shower before.

I don't have anything negative to say about the hotel. Rooms are a little on the small side but that is common in central London.

Very clean hotel. Super central to shops, restaurants and theaters. We were allowed leave our bags with the as we were a few hours early for check in and we were also able to leave our bags at the hotel after check out. I would recommend this hotel as it was also very quiet and no noise disturbance. Rooms were furnished with shampoo, conditioner, body lotion etc and tea and coffee. Good choice Hotel.

Check in took twenty minutes. They put me down as Mr not Miss. TV in the room didn't work and we asked twice for them to fix it, they didn't. Ordered a bottle of wine from room service. Took over half an hour to arrive and they bought the wrong bottle to us. No hot water in the evening either.

Bed was really comfy. Slept very well!

There was no air-con which caused me to wake up in the night from heat as it had been a hot summers day.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room service food was amazing

There was not much space at the bottom of the room to get by, the bed pretty much touched the desk/chair so we had to squeeze by, not a problem tho just something to keep in mind if you are a big person!!!

Room was nice and clean, comfortable bed, very quiet. We enjoyed our stay.

1. Room was very small, tiny bathroom. No room for luggage. 2. Payment in advance for everything. I gave my credit card at the check in, why asking advanced payment?? 3. Noisy housekeeping in the morning.

Courtesy of the staff (reception)

Such a comfy bed with convenient plug sockets and a USB charging port on the dresser just in case, lovely bathroom with great lighting. When I ordered room service and mentioned my allergies everything was dpuble checked and they even rang back just to check it over before they made it, food was delicious and decently priced as well.

• Executive Twin Room

No air conditioning in the rooms so difficult to sleep in hot July.,

The fact that they were willing to provide bar food on return from concert around 11:00 pm, pleasant service in the small cosy bar/lounge area. Found hotel peaceful

Fabulous hotel in a great location. Just near enough to the hussle and bustle but far enough away so that you wouldn't know it! We stayed in a twin room and we're pleased with the size of the room for two people. Decor was lovely and beds were very comfortable. Staff were brill. Would stay again and would recommend.

Size of the room was toooo small !! The pictures on site are misleading. V noisy at night due to several pubs around. Had to keep window open as there was no a/c. Fans were not efficient. Garbage cans emptied late night around the area so basically no escaping the noise

Location !!! Safety!!

No aircon equals no sleep! Bed was tiny and for an upgraded room it was so small, this was nowhere near the standard of other evenly priced rooms. I think you need to look at the sister company's in Hong Kong, they have been amazing you guys really need to update that place asap. We will not be returning and advised others not to as well, last year we where in the Hilton and it was fantastic!

No air conditioning and it was a very hot weekend. There was a fan in the room which really helped, but it couldn't be placed near the window, so the air was still fairly warm. Also the kettle was awkwardly positioned - the base was wired into the wall and the lead went up through a cupboard. This meant you had to pull out a shelf to sit it on top of, and the shelf wasn't flat, so the kettle was boiling away precariously on a tipping shelf. It didn't fall but was a bit worrying, and wouldn't be great for someone with any difficulty using their hands. The bath was very deep and having short legs was a challenge to step out of - inadvisable for anyone frail. The drinks at the bar were very expensive - cheaper to walk outside to a pub, so the bar wasn't very popular - they could do with slightly reducing the prices to encourage more guests to use it. The lift was extremely small - 2-3 people could stand in it at most, and it was incredibly claustrophobic to use - after using it twice we decided to walk up the stairs (and three flights in hot weather was uncomfortable). In the morning there was noise very early on from dustcarts and traffic, and without air conditioning we had to sleep with the window wide open. The road isn't a big one but there were some people on motorbikes and in cars who drove really quickly up it, so watch out when crossing over.

The shower was very powerful and could be as hot as you liked. The location was great - 15-20 mins to the heart of London. The staff were really friendly and helpful at check-in and check-out. The bar area is very nice. The bed was comfortable. The TV had channels in all sorts of languages as well as Sky. The area seemed lively with a number of restaurants, cafes and pubs around.

The bed was the sort that can fold up against the wall so is basically a mattress on the floor - very low to get in & out of.

We booked a standard room but were upgraded to a premier room on arrival which was a nice surprise. The location is very good- a quiet road just off Regent Street so no noisy traffic during the night despite being on the ground floor at the front of the hotel. Can't comment on the food as we sorted ourselves out.

• Executive Double Room

Maybe deserved it's rating when it was built, but with no visible signs of any renovation or improvement to bring it to a modern day standard, it is a very poor hotel.

The TV did not work on arrival. Room somewhat small. We had booked 2 rooms the 2nd room toilet flush did not work originally, also the radiator fixings had come away from the wall, without anyone touching them.

The central location just off Regent street, in easy walking distance of tourist spots.

Petra, the Staff member on reception was excellent. She was helpful, organised and proactive. Extremely professional with obviously very good customer services skills and common sense.

Very helpful reception staff. A super location, Oxford st and Regent's Park a five min walk away. Very good bars and restaurants nearby..a very smart hotel.beds v comfy.toiletries great.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

The hotel has no air condition- lucky for us the weather was great... Room is not very big

Great location- minutes from Oxford Circus Very helpful staff- helped us to weight our luggage The hotel in general and the Room specifically were very clean

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

We were given a disabled room which had a very tiny sink in the bathroom just big enough to was your hands but st knee height which made for interesting use,

Elevator did not work, had to climb six flights of stairs for three days. It was apparantly to complicated to fix. Rooms are properly sized for smurfs.

• Executive Double Room

The room was called "executive double room", but was in fact really small. That´s fair enough, but the bed was not more than 140 cm, which is too small for two adults. The bed was also extremely hard. Unfortunately for this hotel, there was a heat wave in London during this weekend, and the rooms were not equipped with either ventilation nor AC. So there were insanely hot in the room. The room was equipped with a table fan, but even with the fan on and the window open the temperature was around 25 degrees in the room.

The staff was friendly, and the location was perfect. Short walking distance to Oxford Circus underground station, Oxford Street and Regent Street.

• Executive Double Room

The room was tiny,, more like a single. We were only there for one night and are small in stature but would have struggled had it been for longer. Nevertheless the room was tastefully decorated and had everything we needed (except perhaps aircon?)

The location is perfect.

Rooms small, stayed in a basement room 8 very noisy as staff room was opposite, no air con so had window open, quite noisy

Close to palladium and shops

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Don't dine in here, it's too expensive and not good...

Loved it... Everyone of the staff was really kind and nice, location is just three blocks away from the Oxford Circus tube, all the stores and shopping area are two blocks away and there are several Tesco's close by... Perfect stay!

Our bedroom was very small and the bathroom tiny.

The hotel is in a good position for central London and within walking distance to central London attractions such as Oxford street, Piccadilly, Leicester Square and the Embankment and many theatres and museums.

I had requested an early check-in (only an hour before normal check -in time) we were left for nearly 2 hours in the lobby - just off reception, and kind of forgotten about. We were asked if we wanted to be transferred to a sister hotel in Holborn I said I didnt due to all the amazing things I had planned in the area, so the lady said she would be back in 5 mins - 40 mins later a coach load of people were checking in and our day was cut shorter because I had to go looking for the lady who was dealing with us, eventually we were able to check in. The continental breakfast was pretty standard but you should be allowed a pot of tea in the morning, not just one cup.

The beds were very comfy, felt safe - I loved the pillows, the shower was hot and worked (something which we always find to be a problem) and for two sisters staying together, it's great that we had loads of mirrors and plug sockets! I knew I booked an amazing location but seriously this is the best location for EVERYTHING I had planned. Tea and coffee and biscuits were replenished everyday and our shower condiments were as well which was lovely. Staff were friendly - especially the cleaning ladies :)

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

We had a room on the lower ground and it was very noisy first thing in the morning when the staff were moving about preparing breakfast etc

Friendly polite staff

The people at the reception could have been more friendly, not a smile in sight, and talk a bit louder as I had trouble hearing them. The rooms (with twin beds) was very very small, 2 people had trouble moving around the same time, and no place to have your suitcases as there was no room.

The room was clean and quiet and the hotels location is perfect.

• Comfort Triple Room

Rooms too warm and fairly small but suited our purpose, would not recommend for younger families

Beds very comfortable. Lovely quiet location but excellent for sightseeing and central to all key areas. Staff friendly and polite

Browse Grange Langham Court Hotel traveller photo gallery