Reviews of Great Northern Hotel 3 stars

Station Approach, Peterborough, PE1 1QL, United Kingdom

#7 of 14 hotels in Peterborough

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Clean, decent-sized room.

The bed was a little on the hard side. Shower pressure a bit like standing under a watering-can but the water was hot. Only one power point available, some distance from the desk.

Clean, decent-sized room. Waiting staff in the evening and at breakfast were excellent. Food was good, in the evening and in the morning, with some interesting things on the menu. The pillows were terrific. Room lighting was good. Despite the location, I was not disturbed once in the night. Room temperature was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Perfect for what we wanted.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Cereals were very confusing. Firstly they were provided in dispensers which had a "wheel" to be turned at the bottom to allow them to drop in to the bowl - this type of dispenser also breaks up the cereals so that the customers end up with a bowl of crumbs! Secondly which one is which?! There were three almosti dentical cereals. One was cornflakes, one appeared to be Frosties, and the third could have been Crustynut - all unidentified. If someone has a nut allergy this could be extremely serious! See recent press etc! The staff seemed to know but were not always present - they do have to fetch cooked breakfasts from the kitchen. Thirdly NO LIFT! Both my wife and I are in our 60s and suffering from age related problems. The receptionist managed to move us from the second floor to the first floor to reduce the amount of stairs we had to climb. She also asked the porter to carry our heaviest case up.

Hotel was very convenient for the station. Could hardly have been closer! Parking excellent! We had driven from Sheffield to Peterborough on Wednesday night to spend the night in the hotel. This allowed us to catch a morning train to London Kings Cross as we were having a cruise along the Thames Estuary on the Paddle Steamer Waverley. There were many trains to Kings Cross and return so we didn't have to worry about times. Arriving back at 2200 we literally walked off the station into the hotel and in to bed!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

disappointing
    • Deluxe Double Room

a hotel of this quality should have A LIFT WE FOUND THE STAIRS VERY DIFFICULT BUT AT LEAST THE STAFF CARRIED OUR CASES . VERY DATED ROOM FURNITURE IN NEED OF A REFURBISH MENT RELUCTANTLY WE WIL NOT RETURN AS THE LOCATION NEAR TO THE STATION IS PERFECT.

the excellent staff

BEWARE THE STAIRS
    • Deluxe Double Room

BEWARE THE STAIRS! being a listed building (they tell me) means they can't put in a lift - makes it tough when they put one on the top floor, and even with staff help, it's tough going to get your gear all the way up. My room overlooked the carpark and noisy, service loading area.

Position, position, position - if you are travelling by train, it doesn't get any better than this. Friendly, helpful staff, great cafe, good bar. Rooms are good, linen perfect, all round a very pleasant experience. Terrific restrooms, nice ambiance, there are a few faults, but I'll save them for next section.

The size of the room and the location

The receptionist was rude The tv had hardly any channels so couldn’t stay in and relax The carpet was slippery and sister fell down the stairs Construction work

The size of the room and the location

Relaxing, very comfortable hotel stay, a wander through Peterborough, sight seeing and shopping.

No complaints.

I really enjoy rail travel and I have changed trains at Peterborough over many years. There are few stations with a hotel so close both to the station and town centre and I have wanted to stay for some time. It was a real treat. The hotel is traditional and relaxed and an encouragement to go to Peterborough; easy train travel, a visit to the Cathedral, shopping, and back to the hotel for dinner. Then watch the last train to York leaving.

There was no handrail in the shower/bath or anti slip...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There was no handrail in the shower/bath or anti slip mat in bath/shower. Cord on light over bed too short. light switch for bathroom on the wall outside so that if someone uses the bathroom at night when it is dark any other occupants in the room get woken by the light shining from the bathroom when the door is opened.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Don't let me put you off
    • Deluxe Double Room

Well over priced for the stay and breakfast was extra

Nice old style hotel keeping most of the original features, room was fine, free parking for guests could not say much else as I got there too late to explore

Everything you would need for a city break
    • Deluxe Double Room

The location. the room it was in the town the room was basic but clean the shower was very good. As most hotels me and my wife have visited. The shower is never very good but this time I would say it was a good. the hotel has everything you would need for a city break and a good price

Great promise. But poor experience
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom very poor. Underpowered shower with poor flow and shower head. Flush inadequate for WC. No lift had to lug case up 2 floors

Location was very good

Would not consider using the hotel again
    • Deluxe Double Room

No toiletries in the bedrooms, not even a bar of soap

Helpfulness of the staff in going to a local supermarket to obtain gluten free bread as there was none available in the hotel

A really lovely hotel, room, food and staff. Highly recommended
    • Luxury Suite

It was our anniversary, when the chef found out he made us a lovely desert on the house with happy anniversary spelt in it. All of the food was exceptional and the staff were fantastic.

The staff go above and beyond
    • Deluxe Double Room

First room that I was put in wasn’t clean at all notified staff about this and got moved straight away

The staff was the main thing for me on this stay think there names was Tracey and Michael they went above and beyond

OK but not brilliant.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I was informed that a wedding was planned in the hotel, but music pumping out until midnight immediately below the room was not what I had expected.

Check in was painless and room was well presented

The photos make this look so much better than it really is.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I was very disappointed with this hotel. The photos make it look far nicer than it is. The room was rather barren and functional, it was too hot because the window barely opens and it was also quite small and narrow compared to other rooms I've stayed in at that price point in Peterborough. The bed wasn't very comfortable and the bathroom was rather like one you would find in a hostel. The staff were cursory and the bar area felt like the waiting room of a train station. I wouldn't ever choose to stay here again. I booked at The Bull, on a later date, for the same price and it was exceptional by comparison.

The location was convenient for the station.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Enjoyed our one night stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

Didn’t find Peterborough great but hotel fine.

Friendly reception and bar staff, also helpful. Room and bed were fine and comfy. Everything we needed in the room.

Nice cheap and comfotable hotel
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Only 2 issues, it was very warm in the room there is no airconditioning.. also there is no lift, but they helped me with my luggage

The room was very clean..the staff were very helpful and friendly... my burger in the bar was excellent i recommend it.

Not good value for money. Much better places available for same fee tbh. 5/10
    • Deluxe Double Room

Fan in room was broken and had red tape stuck to it to as a failed repair, TV had very poor signal couldn't get half the channels, no face towels in room, very noisy party two floors below are room Base music was ridiculously loud till about 1 am.

Hot chocolate was very nice.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

• Deluxe Twin Room

There is no lift so with luggage it is difficult. There is no fridge and no air conditioning. Apart from the location I cannot think of anything positive about the 3 star rating. It doesn't feel 3 star to me facility wise.

A decent hotel that is worth staying in but marred by the heat during my stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room

As background I stayed on one of the hottest days the UK has had in a long time, my negative points are clearly largely owing to this and I've included the below rather verbose explanation as to why I marked so negatively for comfort. On a winters day I'd have probably rated excellent in this category. The room was like a sauna, I'm not a fussy Brit who can't take the heat, I work and stay in the tropics with no air conditioning and never have I been so hot, this owing to zero air flow. There was no fan in the room (I was told (nicely) on exit this was my fault as I could have asked for one) which probably would have solved the problem so perhaps this was down to me (but I didn't know this was an option - i did look in the wardrobe, etc)? The railway and street outside were very loud and I slept very, very poorly, again having the window open owing to the lack of air flow was of likely the cause of this. The shower was poor creating very little pressure and the wait for breakfast (around 30 mins) was a too long. Overall I felt for the price paid what I got was not the best value though as noted I'm sure my lack of sleep contributed largely to this feeling.

Parking was very easy I found the place well, as signposts are in place. I received a warm welcome at reception. Breakfast was decent (despite the wait). The place retains a classic feel without being overly tired. To location was excellent (though this was also in part a negative).

Convenient for railway station but not so good if you want a quiet stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is a good example of a railway hotel but that means many of the rooms and bathrooms are old-fashioned. The hotel could do with a make-over and redecoration. The bathroom (no bath) was enormous but the shower was very small. My room faced north and overlooked the bin area. There was some noise in the early morning from here! In my room you could hear the station announcements - only good if you really like railways and trains!

The hotel is very conveniently located next to Peterborough Station. It is also close to Waitrose. Parking is good and the hotel allowed me to overstay a couple of hours. The room was comfortable.

Present enough will definitely use again

Load of men in bar area very loud and language terrible felt bar staff was letting it get out of hand .

Near train station most staff lovely .everything is close to hotel. Lovely sitting out area

In normal weather this hotel is fine, when it’s hot forget it !
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was incredibly hot with just an old noisy fan to keep cooler. Being at the front of the hotel having overlooking the station entrance meant windows open was very noisy.

Vegetarian breakfast good, obviously cooked to order - so...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room was exceptionally hot, opening windows meant it was noisy - as very close to the railway station.

Vegetarian breakfast good, obviously cooked to order - so allow a bit of time!

Miserable.

See above.

I was in room 215, directly overlooking the train station. If the room had air conditioning, which it did not, that might have been fine as you could have closed the windows, but I had to sleep with the windows open as it was so warm. I got virtually no sleep due to the trains. Never again for me, no matter how low the room rate!!

I wanted a hotel close to the train station.

I wanted a hotel close to the train station. Didn’t realise just how close this hotel was but it was absolutely perfect. The room was very clean and we had the option of bath or shower. Breakfast was also very good.

Great hotel, excellent staff but attention to detail is a must in this industry .....
    • Deluxe Double Room

Car park undergoing renovations, barrier not working so took long time to locate member of staff to let us out the car park. Silly little things that just did not lead to overall fantastic experience.

Great location, friendly staff but not enough staff so you will have to wait for service.

Very suitable for my visit.
    • Deluxe Double Room

BATHROOM VERY POOR - floor tiles cracked and the cracks looked dirty. Enamel bath badly chipped and the chips painted over and starting to go rusty. Should have been replaced. For the price per night I tfelt that breakfast should have been included and not an extra.

Room very comfortable,

enjoyable, great stay for a stop over, will do again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

the room we had was on the second floor no lift, good for your exercise; the room was very hot, could do with some aircon.

The location of the hotel was great; staff very helpful.

Disappointing end to a hard day
    • Deluxe Double Room

It is run down, no net curtains on the windows meant that you had to close the curtains to get dressed, no privacy as rooms always looked out onto publica areas. No lift, no aircon, windows could only be opened a little, hence on the hottest day of the year so far it was a miserable night.

The hotel is very well located in Peterborough, the facilities seems okay but we didn't use the as they were over priced (Restaurant and Breakfast) however it was very handy for our needs.

• Deluxe Double Room

Past it’s prime , useless shower, No toiletries, No airco so room was stiflingly hot , cupboards glued shut, No fridge or ICE machine , uninterested staff, No lift , altogether dissapointing

Food in bar was fantastic.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room was too warm. Needs air conditioning for summer months. I couldn’t sleep

Food in bar was fantastic. Great value three course meal deal of the highest quality

We use this hotel many times and are usually always satisfied.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We stayed in room 231 and there was only one bedside cabinet. The extractor fan in the bedroom didn't work.

Friendly staff, good location and comfortable bed.

Excellent from start to finish
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The welcome at reception was very friendly and professional, the room was clean and very well presented and the food was amazing. Dinner was exquisite and breakfast was substantial which made our stay wonderful. Thank you.

Pleasant stay spoiled by lack of lift to get to all rooms.
    • Deluxe Double Room

NO LIFT and all rooms above ground floor. This was not obvious when I booked. Must unpleasant to have to slowly and painfully climb the stairs. Breakfast very expensive.

Staff very pleasant and rooms comfortable.

Handy location for town and station
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Scaffolding works outside our room from 06:15 am until 09:45 ! Without warning . I think that to describe the room as a “ superior twin room “ was stretching the imagination a bit . It was fine but fairly standard .

Handy location for town and station

Staff and check in was great.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Needs a plumber really badly. No water pressure and hot water from both taps?? No extraction from bathroom

Staff and check in was great. Location is excellent. Okay value for money. However one of the better deals in peterborough.

• Deluxe Double Room

Shower had a faulty thermostat only produced scalding hot water. Had to move rooms. Long delay on breakfast waiting 20mins before anyone came to take our order.

Convenient location for a stopover
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Because it is a listed building there is no lift so ask for help with heavy suitcases.

Great location for a stopover. My adult daughter and I stayed here following a very delayed journey from Scotland and we could not face any more travelling. So pleased that it was available at the last minute and so convenient. It has an air of shabby chic about it but it is an historic building so this is to be expected. But the room was comfortable, the bathroom clean and the breakfast quite palatable.

Excellent we would stay again
    • Deluxe Double Room

there was a wedding the Sat night we were there they closed the hotel restaurant in order to cater for the wedding which meant we had to go and find somewhere to eat. The bed was not comfy we could feel the springs :(

Food was hot service was excellent, good choice of food

Fine old railway hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

As accessible and centrally located as you can get - across from the rail station (but not noisy) and next to a very good grocery store. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable.

Fabulous location. Easy to see sights and at train station
    • Deluxe Double Room

The commercial waste vehicles collecting very very noisily below my room(at least 4)between 04.00-06.00 Friday morning. Possibly not under hotels and possibly not for the hotel

Friendliness of staff. Closeness to train station and cafe facilities I could use once checked out whilst awaiting my train

Usual excellent stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

Slow service re the evening meal. The food suddenly appeared after I inquired what was happening after a 40 minute wait. The staff were very apologetic and a very fair discount was given. Other than that our stay was as usual excellent

The room was very good and the food was excellent

Location (next to train station) was excellent.

No lift.

Location (next to train station) was excellent. Hotel was pleasant, although lack of a lift made carrying luggage upstairs difficult, especially for elderly travelers.

Never stay again beware if you complain it’s independent and the manager who offered a breakfast is
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Shower did not work window would not open here trains all night stairs only got no refund manger offered a breakfast I’ve took it further under consumer act 2015 and trading standards are aware

Car park and location near by shopping

Pity about the food which was too 'cheffy' - all style and not enough substance
    • Deluxe Double Room

Female receptionist doesn't say 'please' and 'thank you'. I had three meals in the restaurant/coffee shop. My Fish,chips and mushy peas was disappointing. The peas were ordinary frozen peas and there was salt over it. I avoid salt as do many health conscious people. My brother's Steak and ale pie had very little meat and was served with roast potatoes which we do not consider appropriate.

Nice bathroom with efficient shower and reliable hot water. Bed very comfortable with super clean white bedding. Tea, coffee,hot chocolate and biscuits good quality and plentiful. Some staff friendly and helpful though seemed to be overworked in the restaurant - they were busy in the coffee shop so I didn't see enough of them at breakfast.

Perfect for train travellers. Excellent breakfast.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bed in my room was a little too soft for me. And the pillows too big.

The breakfast was excellent. And the staff in the breakfast room too. I came and left by train, the hotel is 10 meters from the station, just on the opposite of the hotel. Short way to the center, a visit to the cathedral is recommended. The room is big, so is the bathroom. Quiet. I could hear the announcements from the train station, but that did not bother me at all. I would choose this hotel again if I come back to Peterborough.

Great location!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not really a dislike, more a general concern and down to the age of the building most likely: the toilet had a slow flush. Not a problem for us but just a concern.

Great location! Step off the train and can fall straight into bed. Close to town and not long to Nene railway Amazing staff. Beautifully maintained, keeping to its origional era but also modern touches. Breakfast was really nice. We will definately look at staying again if/when we come back

Good value hotel for the price, friendly staff and clean rooms
    • Deluxe Double Room

Parking was in short supply, and i had to park in the multi-story across the road until the car park had cleared from commuters after 6pm, when I then had to move my car into the hotel's car park.

Staff friendly and helpful. Easy location for P'boro station and walking in to the city centre. I requested a upper level room facing away from the train station which was what I received!

Offered a bed for the night that was comfortable. But the bathroom let the hotel down.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Shower didn't work properly, the taps were stiff and the rain shower was more like a trickle. There was little in the way of bathroom toiletries apart from a set dispenser in the shower and a bar of soap. Poor. The area around the hotel needs a good clean and paint. The hotel is clearly tired and needs refurbishment.

Staff were welcoming. Location is 10 yards from Peterborough station across the road. And there is a large Waitrose nearby.

Lots of pillows, larger room than expected and it was 10...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lots of pillows, larger room than expected and it was 10 second walk from train station, but quiet inside. I was traveling late in the evening from Edinburgh to Stansted airport for early flight and Peterborough had best hotel price and easiest to get on and off the train. The hotel was a nice surprise.

Excellent breakfasts (2) the only meals I had.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

For an elderly person such as myself I would like to see a lift, and more grab handles in the bath when taking a shower. Too slippery underfoot.

Excellent breakfasts (2) the only meals I had. Convenience for the station. Staff very pleasant and helpful.

Very enjoyable stay,first time visiting Peterborough and would recommend your hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

I always have a problem sleeping in hotels but managed to sleep every night I was here because bed was comfortable, lovely and big , bathroom was also lovely

It was fine but a little disappointed. Staff was great though!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

One thing is preserving the old style, another is having such outsated everything! Upgrade guys. It doesnt feel like Ive walked into last century but it feels like walking into a lack of means to restore or update. Also— PLEASE CHANGE THE MUSIC PLAYING EVERY MORNING IN THE EATING AREA... just terrible anf the same every day! Couldnt stand starting my day with that. Also you could rrally improve your continental breakfast hhoice and set up.

STAFF was great and helpful

A few things could be improved but overall we had a good stay.

The options available at breakfast varied and generally did not live up to the publicity No sign of freshly baked bread, no voghurt one day.. The toaster did not work. The disco was amazingly loud! We were disappointed with the attitude of the reception staff when we were leaving. We pointed out that we thought we were being under-charged and were accused of being rude.

The situation of the hotel is excellent. The room was comfortable and spacious.

Very good service, great food

Room was single glazed and we had to endure various loud noises from 1 till 7 am however,not the music on Saturday which the hotel texted us about. The bathroom was tired needing attention e.g. the washbasin and its faulty plug. No floor lift.

A good hotel public areas but superior room was tired especially the ensuite. Staff very helpful and willing to help. Noisy room being located facing rail parking and over staff kitchen area. Deliveries also had effect on sleep the room being single glazed. However, this was once a very nice bedroom in need of a little T.L.C. still worth returning to hotel.

well below par
    • Deluxe Double Room

We had two rooms. The shower did not work in either of them. The bar prices were higher than most other hotels I have used. Car parking is difficult as you have to fight for space as it is a local authority pay and stay car park although you get credit from reception for each night you stay. This did not work so well for us as we caught a train early in the morning and had to pay £7 when we returned. We only used this hotel because it was near to the railway station. It has very few other redeeming qualities. Next time I will book somewhere else and have a longer walk.

We booked as we had an early train in the morning and it is directly opposite the rail station

The welcome and care of all the staff is quite outstanding,...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The welcome and care of all the staff is quite outstanding, from the reception to the room cleaners. For the city centre location it is remarkably quiet and peacefull.

Nice place for an overnighter to Peterborough I would stay there again
    • Deluxe Double Room

Although staff were attentive while serving it took a while for the service start 15 Mins wait in the bar for a pint., not saying it was terrible the staff were friendly and professional

Extremely convenient for the train station, room was comfortable and although it looked over the train station there was very little noise

Hoping for shower cubicle .
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Hoping for shower cubicle . In en suite instead of shower over bath . With just mixer taps next time i make sure it cubicle . As i def would stay again

Okay for one or two night stop over, £97 a night is a bit steep considering the age of the hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Shower was terrible, plumbing needs updating, lighting in bedroom poor, no hand soap near sink had to use one over the bath, pillows and bed need replacing.

Food, staff, cleanliness and location very good, room 219 was a quiet room, which was good as I am light sleeper and considering ver close to railway station

• Deluxe Double Room

I had to get a train just after 8am. I checked out and went for breakfast just after 7.25am. Met by waitress and ordered full breakfast and toast. Got toast & coffee 7.45am. At 7.50am waitress asked again what I had ordered. Came back at 7.55am to say won’t be long. This was a disgrace. The waitresses were walking about with plates of food asking who had ordered this and that. I was catching a train and didn’t have time to wait so told the waitress and left at 8.56am. Complained to reception but had no time to discuss. I went to meetings having had a half slice of toast and half a cup of coffee. Couldn’t withhold breakfast payment as they took payment on arrival. Please arrange a breakfast cost refund. I was one of several guests complaining.

I wish of home to a premier inn
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was very poorl maintained, mainly small issues like the chest of drawers being wedged shut with screws... the towel rail broken .. the toilet roll holderfalling off. The tv was too small to be so far away from the bed. The shower is badly designed.. you can't regulate it before you get in, otherwise you get soaked and freeze or burn and the water goes everywhere. The bedding finished it for me. The quilt filling was all bunched on some parts and missing entirely in others. I was cold... and no extra blankets are provided... the pillows were solid.

Staff were very welcoming. .. and the room was clean.

Stayed overnight for a wedding reception room was spacious, comfy and clean
    • Deluxe Double Room

Shower was very hit and miss . The hot water pressure was very high compared to the cold and it was virtually impossible to get a nice shower temperature you either got roasting hot water or freezing cold. Other than that the room was good

Comfy bed. Good size room.staff were all pleasant. Bar prices not unreasonable for a hotel

We like Peterborough and the hotel suited us.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

We were only informed 5days before our visit of a disco on Saturday night and had to ask to be put in a quiet room. Wedding guests should be allocated rooms over the ballroom not other visitors

We liked the location

Good return visit.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I like this hotel, having stayed here some 4 times. Staff here are always friendly and helpful and it is literally across the road from the train station. Breakfast here is always good, as is their varied evening menus.

Just won't go there again
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Party at one am. Quietened at our request by staff, but which restarted after they'd gone. Full car park upon my return to the hotel at about 10 am after taking my wife to hospital for a routine admission (for 7 am).

Pleasant
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room had lightbulb out above main mirror and the only bin was in the bathroom, a bit awkward when making tea as had to take t bag into the bathroom

Friendly staff good location breakfast very good

Best value for money I've had for a long time.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Difficult to get in late at night

Best value for money I've had for a long time. A fantastic place if you want to tumble off the train into bed and even had a bath tub!

Overall really nice hotel - staff especially friendly which is hard to come by nothing was a problem
    • Deluxe Double Room

Shower very weak and barely any hot water. Bit noisy as by train station.

Amazing staff, very friendly. Very clean and spacious rooms and reception area e.t.c.

It was a welcome and comforting place to stay after a sudden change of plan.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The shower temperature was impossible to control and hot water came out of the cold water sink tap.

My request for early check in was granted which after non stop travelling for over 30 hours was much appreciated.

An excellent hotel with excellent staff and facilities
    • Deluxe Double Room

The only thing I missed was a kettle in the room so I could make an early cuppa.

Nothing was too much trouble. All the staff were helpful, polite and courteous. I arranged for some flowers to be delivered there and the reception staff were happy to accept them on my behalf. I asked if we could check into our room an hour earlier and the room was ready for us on arrival. Would recommend this hotel to anybody

we were paying cash,then told when we had got there if...
    • Deluxe Double Room

we were paying cash,then told when we had got there if paying cash we would need to pay £50 deposit on top and provide id! none of this was mention in booking extremely disappointed we had to find somewhere else!

great hotel, friendly staff, good location and excellent value for money.

it was all great

great location, free parking and walking distance from town. didnt hear any trains despite proximity to station. staff very helpful and friendly. fantastic breakfast . would definitely recommend to others and would definitely come back. perfect for an night out in Peterborough. went to Prevost -fantastic too!

Slightly disappointing
    • Deluxe Double Room

Because of the nature of my work I had to book my room well in advance and have subsequently discovered that I probably paid at a higher rate as I believe they operate a 'flexi' tariff. Personally I felt that there was insufficient 'little extra's' to warrant the cost I had to pay for the room. I would have expected complimentary toiletries and breakfast to have been included for the amount I was charged - a reward because I booked well in advance! The Bar area was rather somber and poorly lit and as a single female traveler I did not feel comfortable sitting in there for any length of time

The room was clean with a design in keeping with character of the Hotel. The furniture was of a good quality and design. It was a comfortable temperature with well appointed radiator thermostat. For a city centre Hotel, next to the mainline station my room was quiet. Decor in the Dining room was very pleasant