Reviews of Great Western 3 stars

Cliff Road, Newquay, TR7 2NE, United Kingdom

#13 of 43 hotels in Newquay

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Service was excellent, staff always friendly and helped...

Bigger bed

Service was excellent, staff always friendly and helped advise trips and transport options. Hotel was always clean and well kept. Food was great and good table service.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Convenient for travel on train or car.
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing. It suited us well.

Convenient for travel on train or car. Pleasant has you walk in and greetex well. Receptionist explai ed every thi g clearly. We didn't eat there as went to party and meet up with family next day on leaving for breakfast. But stayed there before and food was very good.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Great staff value for money fantastic premium room with the most amazing sea view

Premium room with sea view excellent value for money. The hotel looked tired in places especially the corridors but staff location and room I stayied in was fantastic

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Staff were really helpful and friendly.
    • Standard Twin Room

Asked for parking when first booked with booking.com. Was not aware that you had to contact the hotel and reserve. Was informed this was stated on confirmation email but is not. There is a free car park literally a few minutes away for free rather than £5 in hotel car park.:)

Staff were really helpful and friendly. Really nice clean hotel perfectly positioned by beach.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

We would stay here again, great location for all beaches and amenities.

Room on second floor, not a problem, but was like a rabbit warren trying to find it, quite confusing, room a big on the small size.

Food good, view great, location great, staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Reasonable for the price. Might have paid a bit more for a nicer room if we had been offered it.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was pokey and not well designed. Floor creaked all the time. TV had nice picture, but sound was so distorted it was often completely inaudible. Bath anti-slip mat was dirty.

The breakfasts were good and the strange way of paying for it actually saved us money. Staff were friendly. Lovely views from the dining room. Sadly not from the room.Nice fluffy towels but only one hand towel between us.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Very comfortable, excellent value for money, great staff, will definitely be staying again!
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

No ironing facilities, or trouser press in room, and shower was a bit weak - and could have done with a longer shower(husband is 6'1"). Otherwise all ok! Everything alse was good to excellent.

Stunning view of the beaches and rugged coastal scenery from bedroom. Very comfy beds! Staff were very friendly and welcoming! Food was great, service in the bar and restaurant area was fast, friendly & accurate. Wish we could have stayed longer! Nice selection of teas, coffees, hot chocolates, etc in bedroom.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Bed was lovely and comfortable, and good location.
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

Floor boards were very creaky because of this we were woke up early every morning. The sink kept getting blocked and the shower had no power. Service was very slow in the restaurant.

Bed was lovely and comfortable, and good location.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Excellent position for Newquay town. Cheap and cheerful basic accommodation, using offer.

Noisy being at front of hotel if windows open. Blue light switching on for heated towel rail 4 times during the night!

Cheap and cheerful. Comfortable beds and good shower.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Central location, close to railway station if needed, God’s...

Central location, close to railway station if needed, God’s choice of restaurants near, also onsite restaurant. Friendly and helpful staff. Parking close.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Beautiful sea views
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

It’s our third stay here and this time it was disappointing, don’t get me wrong it’s a lovely hotel and the premier rooms have beautiful views but it could do with maybe spot checks on the housekeeping side as our room although having a beautiful view was let down by the thick dust on the skirting boards, the mirrors and windows were grimy and also grim around taps in bathroom.

Beautiful sea views

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

A marvellous 2 night break from London.

Can't think of anything!

the truly amazing view from the bedroom of the Ocean and the beach. I'll come back! Plenty of power points in the bedroom The staff were relaxed and efficient It truly is 2 minutes walk from the train station

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Good location near the beach and train station

The ceiling creaked a lot from the guests above and the vegetarian breakfast takeaway bap was terrible value as it was basically bread with no filling.

The staff were friendly and I loved having a takeaway cup provided so I could take a coffee out with me. The room was a good size and had 2 beds

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Great location, good choice of gins and lovely staff!
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

Our window didn't close properly in the bedroom and the window sill was cracked. The shower was broken too.

Great location, good choice of gins and lovely staff! Lovely view from our window.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Okay, not worth the money

View from our bedroom (stated online sea views) yet we had a view of the side of the building with a loud fan humming all day and night! We had no WiFi in the room unless you stood by the window Food wasn’t great for the price!

Bed was comfy, and views were amazing from the diner

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Lovely weekend stay shame about the weather
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

Room was very clean and warm staff were very friendly and nothing was to much trouble ,breakfast was good and food in the evening and the sea view from the bedroom was well fantastic

Very good weekend.
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

A bit of a maze inside but not that bad.

Very close to everything , Lovely sea view and room nice and clean And bed was comfatble we came on train so very handy for station normally spend a fortune on taxis not this time rate 5 star will stay again.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

All the food options were on the large side..a plain stand alone sandwich option would have bean appreciated.

The views from the bar the friendly staff

Our stay at the Great Western

Carrying suitcases from the lift was a struggle up and down narrow staircases.

Liked the friendly staff. The stunning view from the bedroom and the location was perfect.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Location was excellent.

Double room was rather small with large window which had little privacy as we over looked the road.

Location was excellent. Views in lounge and dining area in particular. Reception staff were amazing, bar and waiters were also first class for a pub chain.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Wonderful stay!

A bit pricey!

We had the room with view and it was extremely nice. Walkable from train station and to the town centre. Excellent options for food and activities. Very satisfying experience.

Fantastic value hotel within easy reach of everything
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

The blue light on the wall which kept us awake too much. Very creaky floorboards and walls very thin so noise was an issue

Staff were very friendly and the restaurant had good menu

Not happy with our treatment at this hotel

Our sllep was disturbed throughout the whole night by a repetttivr noise which came from outside our window at the rear of the building - the noise continued until 6.30 am and a t 7 am the niose from the kitchens strated rendering sleep difficult. We were told by the Manage that "this room was sold cheaper because of this" which is not satisfactory. We were made to sound like second class guests by this comment. The manager also said that other guests had not complained which is hardly the point. She offered us a discount off future bookings but we will not be going back

Great choice for a wedding venue really enjoyed our stay the...
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

Great choice for a wedding venue really enjoyed our stay the staff were excellent, our room 227 was very clean the bed was comfortable and the view was outstanding we are coming back in December xx

Lovely location, lovely staff
    • Premium Family Room with Coastal View

Maybe the room could be aired before occupancy, as it was a little stuffy.

The staff were lovely, friendly and helpful. I noticed an unpleasant smell when I entered my room and had to open my windows. I did report this, when I went down for my evening meal and was offered an equivilent room on the floor below. I said I would see how I went, as the smell was mainly only noticeable near the entrance to my room and being a large room, didn't seem to permeate the rest of that room. I chose to stay in the same room, though noticed the the smell persisted whenever I re-entered the room. I reported this again on leaving. It didn't afect my stay and the staff took notice and have said they will look into it. I would have liked other options available for a hot breakfast, but to be fair, there were plenty of cold options on offer also. The room had a side view of the sea and was wonderful, as was the view from the windows in the large resturaunt. There is ample parking nearby, but please note that parking (limited) on site needs booking ahead of your stay.

I loved how close we were to literally everything, pubs,...

The bed could have been slightly more comfortable, nothing major I mean I still had a decent sleep. Didn’t like that I had to pay extra for the car park, I’m sure it was around £5 a day. I wish there was more staff around the hotel, don’t get me wrong there was always someone on the reception even at 4am and plenty of people behind the bar but would have been nice to see some staff around the hotel

I loved how close we were to literally everything, pubs, clubs, shops, restaurants, bakeries and activities. The view in the restaurant/bar is amazing, it was so lovely to go down to breakfast and admire the view. We honestly had such a great experience at the great western and would 100% return. Special thanks to the bar staff who were extremely friendly and helpful and to the cleaner who found my passport that I left behind in the draw and to the receptionist who rang me straight away and informed me about it, luckily we hadn’t left the area as I live over 5 hours away!

Friendly staff, tasty and well priced food.
    • Premium Family Room with Coastal View

The hotel would benefit from a paint job - it looks somewhat shabby, particularly the exterior. The beds were too soft for my liking.

Friendly staff, tasty and well priced food.

Clean and comfortable.

Have to reserve parking spot. We had to park on the next street. Our room wasn’t cleaned even though we put a sign on the door asking for it to be cleaned.

Clean and comfortable. On the beach front. Nice bar/restaurant downstairs.

Very enjoyable stay
    • Premium Family Room with Coastal View

The beautiful coastal view is slightly obscured by the flat roof in room 119.We will ask for one of the rooms with a full sea view next time we stay.

Large very pleasant and comfortable room. The sea views from the restaurant and the garden are wonderful. The staff on reception are very friendly and helpful as are the bar and restaurant staff. The location is great. We like this style of dining ..unhurried and relaxed..or you can just have a drink and you feel comfortable to stay as long as you like to watch the sun go down.Its lovely here.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Lovely hotel , perfect location to the beach and the shops...
    • Premium Family Room with Coastal View

Think 8.95 and £5.95 for breakfast was a little high Was lovely but not work the money Check in wasn’t until 3 , even if your room was ready wasn’t allowed unless you paid more money

Lovely hotel , perfect location to the beach and the shops and restaurants around The hotel was by 2 beaches with in minutes walk x

Would have been better but lovely hotel

When checking into our hotel we were told our shower was broken and a plumber would be fixing it. Evening come and no fixed shower was offered another single room which was on another floor at the opposite side of the building was inconvenient for us. would not offer another double room so we could shower for the price we paid I wasn’t very happy that no alternative could be arranged.

Lovely hotel in a lovely location with lots to do.

• Premium Room with Coastal View

The shower was hard work to use and the heating valve was broke and the heating came on making the room horrendously hot first thing in the morning. for the price we paid this wasn't great value for money

Great location. staff friendly and room was clean. Brilliant view from the room and the room was a good size.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Centrally located which was ideal for us as we didn't...

My room faced the main road and not the fantastic sea views from the back of the hotel, but we were out most days so it wasn't an issue really. The hotel main lobby and lift areas could do with a bit of a refurb.

Centrally located which was ideal for us as we didn't have use of the car for the 2 nights we stayed and is a challenge in Cornwall where most people drive to get around. So I was especially grateful for the assistance of the fantastic reception staff who helped me work out a realistic itinery of stuff for us to do for our short stay of things local in the area based in travel routes etc. We managed to get some bike hiking and kayaking and a cinema night squeezed into the stay which was ideal for my teenage son. Restaurant food was decent and reasonably priced. We had a nice lunch there on our first day.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The hotel is in a great locations and the rooms are very spacious.

The WiFi didn’t work that well. No parking available so we had to park a mile away.

The bed was very comfy and room was very spacious. A nice range of teas. The hotel is in a fantastic location for restaurants and bars and is right on the beach.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Me & my partner stayed here for 3 nights and cut our...

Me & my partner stayed here for 3 nights and cut our trip short due to the smell from the room we was staying in. I believe the smell was from the drains and was at one point so unbearable it woke me up and decided to leave very early in the morning.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The sea view from the restaurant is very nice.
    • Standard Twin Room

The only thing we could see from the windows was ... a wall at about only 4 meters. The room was noisy, a ventilation noise even more loud when the windows were opened so it was hard to ventilate the room or get some coolness from the outside without being disturbed by the noise .

The sea view from the restaurant is very nice.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Excellent, all round winner for a family. Book Parking in advance by email if mobility issues.
    • Premium Family Room with Coastal View

The very limited reserved parking out front should be advertised solely for mobility issues/blue badge holders initially. Clearer instructions as to nearest parking and likely current prices would be ideal.

The staff were amazing. Family room with seaview excellent, one double bed & two single, sea view and late breakfast! Amazing sea views, play area better than pics, Food delicious. Book parking email asap

Very poorr standard for the cost
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

Better standard room for the cost

The room was vert poorly decorated wholes where old fixings were not repaired poor tv reception not up to Best Western standard have stayed with your group before

TERRIBLE HOTEL...

the room was really bad, double room was to single bed together, terrible room view was on the roof of the hotel entrance not tidy at all, mark on carpet and wall, on the ceiling there was a massive water stain. In all the room you have one plug. THE ROOM WAS 77£ + ALMOST 9£ EACH FOR THE BREACFA+ PLUS 5£ OF PARKING ( NOT IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL) The public area are a public pub, doesn't look really clean and tidy and was busy. Stair and corridor look like 1 star old hotel. We paid for extra breakfast: the breackfast is in the pub where on the table there is still menu and stuff from the night before, not even put the essential staff for the breakfast (like sugar), the windows not clean, you can see the mark from someone lay down on te glass. The Buffet: cereal, basic ( not good quality) orange and apple just, butter, thick ham, one kind of cheese , bread, jam, some cut fruit, was really small. You can order full english breakfast: 1 egg, 1 sausage, 1 hashbrown, beans, 2 mushroom. Coffe ( french press). The delivery 2 time dirty cups, the first time i ask to change them ... the came back with the same cups just rinsed ( was cold and wet) and the waitress had the hand wet and dirty from the coffee and left al the dirty stuff out the cup... I ask to change again, they send again the same cup just a bit more wet. the milk jug left on the table al the mark of milk and ground coffee on the table. I work in the hospitality and if delivery so dirty stuff on the table for me means the back of house is really messy and not clean. we found a hair on the plate but they say was par of the egg... i Ask the refund, the gave to me, and trust me the manager is not really friednfly. In the and we went to the reception for the check out, we complain about room and everything, she said they didn't know was in that condition the room ( the house keeping are blind?), the refund the breakfast.

I have just like that you can have a sea view

overall good value for money,can be recommended
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

quantitiy ob breakfast, breakfast expensive,live- music not to everyone´s taste and going until 10 pm and disturbs sleep, if one wants to go to bed earlier

location next to beach, close to shops,close to public transport,quietness of rooms, except live-music, see below

Peaceful, stunning views and lovely memebers of staff....would 100
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

I think the 10.30am check out is way too early/ a bit stingy as most hotels I've visited around and outside of the UK have a standard 12:00 checkout, where you can pay extra to stay till around 2pm usually. I felt that £15 extra to check out at 12:30 was excessive. In addition to this, I think that parking should be included free in the price, for definite! We paid £432 for 3 nights which I think was quite a lot, it wouldn't be much to include parking for that price. All in all we paid an extra £30 just to park and check out slightly later....this should be included in the price of the hotel (as is the case with many hotels I've stayed in before)

Our room (231) had stunning views and the lady at reception was very helpful with all/any requests we had. The location was perfect and the restaurant had an amazing singer on the Friday night - I believe her name was Daisy Clark, definitely book her again! Seriously talented young lady :-) The room was cleaned very well each day too.

One night stay in Newquay

The receptionist was rude and unhelpful. The room was dirty and smelt. We had a room at the front of the hotel so we overlooked the main road!

Would defiantly come back here. Already tried to re-book for the same week next year!

Parking was a pain. I reserved a spot for the week that I frequently struggled to park in as it is such a cramped space, if there were other cars in their slots too, you’d struggle to manoeuvre into your space.

Spacious rooms, location is fantastic, very central.

Lovely lady on reception - Joesine? (Sorry for the spelling)...

Lovely lady on reception - Joesine? (Sorry for the spelling) really made a huge difference to our stay and really appreciate all the help she gave us with booking additional locations. Big star from us. Great location

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Average

The size of the room was very small couldn’t even move around. Wasn’t happy that for £440 breakfast or anything wasn’t included when we got there. Very over priced for what it was and we will not be returning.

Location and view.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Great Western, Great Location! I'm booking already the next stay!

We wanted to see something else too, so we've been sent to Padstow by a lovely receptionist, however let me tell you, Padstow is nothing compare to Newquay!! It is busy, small and also has boring/overpriced shops with an absolutely average beach. Takes ages to go there, rather than staying where you already are and enjoy the city! It's not the receptionist fault, we just didn't like it. Stay at Newquay!!!

Lovely hotel, lovely staff (including reception, restaurant and house keeping with Linda),- but the greatest thing is when you go outside from the restaurant. It is an amazing view to the sea from a high rock. The beach is easily reachable in 5 mins!! If the water is low you can walk all around the neighbour beaches too. Absolutely loved it! No other hotel has this great location! Everything was settled, no hidden costs, everybody was very very nice! Highly recommended!

Very disappointing

The staff on the front desk had no knowledge of the things to do in the local area and couldn’t even tell us which bus we needed to catch to get to places I think it very poor that the staff had no knowledge of the local history or places of interest such as museums and tourist locations We asked for some information and was advised someone would get back to us but never did We weren’t advised that we could purchase a £12 daily bus pass and spent £30 in one day it was a bus driver who noticed we were paying too much!!! On check out we were advised that there was a book in reception with all the bus time tables in it and yet not one member of staff had mentioned it and had to google information which I think is very poor. When asked what Falmouth had to offer we were advised that it had a huge new look shop... that wasn’t the information I was looking for... things to see and do there any nice restaurants etc When asked about the local history staff said they didn’t know and would have to google it!!! On the return journey to the airport the taxi driver gave us a full run down of all that we had missed out on and the rich history the area had... I was extremely disappointed and felt I had wasted my money and my precious vacation time... I work very long hours and in a very pressured environment and was really looking forward to my break but I have left Cornwall with a feeling that I didn’t enjoy the break at all and I’m not sure I would return or recommend it to family and friends...

The hotel was clean and the views from the restaurant were beautiful The food was lovely and the service was good and staff were friendly

Awful, would neither stay again or recommend to anybody.

Everything.

Nothing, the staff were very unhelpful, our room was floor to ceiling with mould, and we were not offered our money back when we were unable to change rooms either.

The location was great, right in the heart of town centre...

We booked this stay 2 months in advance and when we arrived in the hotel, late in the evening, we were told that we were given disabled room with wet room and we can’t have a different room because the hotel is fully booked. However we can have a refund which wasn’t a viable option for us. Nobody has informed us prior to our arrival so no regular shower or a bath after long 9 hour drive. The room was furnished to a low standard with small uncomfortable double bed and a single bed next to it. There was no air conditioning and the bathroom was equipped with all disabled access so sink etc was to my knee height. Also breakfast options were very poor so only had a tea in the morning and went out for better food. Overall very disappointing stay for £250 for two nights.

The location was great, right in the heart of town centre and overlooking the beach. Also liked the fact that our parking space was reserved so didn’t have a problem finding our space when we arrived.

Great view of sea,
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

Can't really fault it in my experience, but if I had to pick a point it would be how long the water drains away in the shower .. as it fills up the bath and slowly drains away...

Great view of sea, Room 115 lovely very clean and big, Inside and outside eating/drinking

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The hotel has a great restaurant which serves a range of...
    • Standard Twin Room

The shower was difficult to control the temperature and wasn’t very powerful

The hotel has a great restaurant which serves a range of dishes. We found it difficult to find nice restaurants in Newquay so we were happy to stay in the hotel. The hotel allowed us to leave our luggage off early and on the last day kept it until it was time for us to go to the airport

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Amazing views!

We pre booked parking when we made the booking only to find out when we arrived the carpark was full and we then had to spend a lot more money at the train station parking for 2 nights until they were able to find us space for the remainder of our stay.

Amazing views!

Enjoyed our stay but wouldn't have done if we had stayed in our initial room.
    • Standard Twin Room

Original room checked into was small, pokey and the view was overlooking a roof into another room. There was an extrator fan from the kitchens on the roof which was really loud. After requesting a move to another room we were moved to a better room away from the noise.

Friendly, helpful staff. Clean room. Great location.

Will be back at the same hotel if I happened to be at the same area.

Lacking of parking facilities. Though provided, a charge was imposed.

Everything provided met my expectation; breakfast should have been provided, on a charge of course.

1st night our room was a bit small, the bed was...

1st night our room was a bit small, the bed was uncomfortable and the wardrobe looked like it was about to fall on us. We reported the wardrobe straight away. the next day we had someone come to sort out the wardrobe for us. when we mentioned the bed to reception, they checked their availability and upgraded our room to one which had a more comfortable bed and was a bit more spacious for both of us. the staff were most helpful and accommodating.

Will be going back
    • Premium Family Room with Coastal View

I have Nothing to complain about

Very good Hotel in the heart of Newquay very friendly staff breakfast very nice. bed is a vis spring so very good sleep staff could not help you enough.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Excellent! Very impressed.

My partner and I stopped here for 4 nights. We were highly impressed with the cleanliness of the room! No noise/disturbance during the night, only the odd voice or shout from outside as our room was near the front of the hotel. Excellent location overlooking the beach and only a 5/10 minute walk into the town. Food was delicious and the staff were friendly and sociable. I highly recommend this place, both for couples and families! FYI, make sure you rebook parking it’s only £5 a day, we did this and it saved us the hassle of having to find somewhere to park, £5 is a great price compared the car park charges.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Very welcoming, sea view central hotel

Our room had a large,fresh coffee stain on the carpet. and on spare pillows in wardrobe? ? but got cleaned up quickly once we notified staff. . .Also the scatter cushions on bed smelt abit 'manly'. .so put them away in wardrobe. . .

The friendly,welcoming staff. .Very helpful. .The AMAZING sea view. big windows that openêd wide. .lovely,soft towels and bed. .Extreemly clean bathroom. . So close to ÊVERYTHING. .PERFECT for beach,shops,nitghtlife, bars, resturants. .

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Perfect location and pleasant staff

Parking an issue (see earlier comment).

Position of hotel is second to none. Room small but had everything we needed. Propmised 9and paid for parking) but when we arrived we were told none available and advised to park up the road in a car park which DOUBLED ITS PRICES OVERNINGHT!

Best hotel for babies and kids

Absolutely perfect if you have a baby/toddler. We had the bridal room which is more expensive, but if you are going for a few days or over a week and you have a baby/toddler you will need the space. The room was very clean, bathroom was amazing with bath and shower. Its on the beach and is a great location if you want to wonder the highstreet. Everything was walking distance from the hotel so once we parked out car we ended up not moving it for 5 days. We walked to the aquarium, playing area, bouncy castle land, the beach, and the high street. Food downstairs is very expensive but we had so many great restaurants walking distance that offered take away services, most dinners we grabbed a bite and jetted of back to the hotel to have dinner in our huge room. Breakfast is lovely and kids get to play in a train area while you enjoy the view of the whole beach and sea and they are so accommodating ating to babies as we had to warm bottles for our one year old and store milk and they were so helpful.

Weather was brilliant and location

The location was perfect. The room was at the side of the building with poor views into other hotel guests rooms. And air conditioning unit running early hours. Room are dated. The whole place needs a facelift.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Lovely spacious modern room with great views.
    • Premium Family Room with Coastal View

Shame it wasn’t a buffet style breakfast as it’s nice to just help yourself. Not much options for kids.

Lovely spacious modern room with great views. Pleasent surprise 👍

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Nothing good.

Very, very dirty room. It was very hot in the room and could not open the window. Bathroom very dirty. At night everyone was drunk at the ground floor. Noise place at evening.

Nothing good.

.Dissappointed
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

Bed was very uncomfortable far to soft ,ended up sleeping on floor! Restaurant was over priced, decided to add the new prawn skewer to my steak dinner at a cost of £4.00 it worked out £1.00 a prawn for tiny prawns you would buy at lidl at £ 2.00 a bag of forty. Would not return to this hotel. Waste of money both for the room and the food.

Friendly staff

Dreadful. Put me off returning to Newquay again.

Dirty room, towels and bedding not changed all weekend. Requested sea view and got the view of the bins smelt great under our window and the staff having their cigarette breaks. Banging of the bottles going into the bins and doors slamming at all hours. Smallest room I’ve ever stayed in was not ideal with my 6.5ft boyfriend. Parking cost £25 for the weekend over the road as they only have reserved parking that wasn’t advertised to us at the time of booking.Very overpriced rooms and restaurant. Not was you expect for £360 for 3 nights for just a room.

great location

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

very nice hotel staff amazing food very good expencive but cooked too perfection.

the room size was very small and hot and our views from room were poor but very clean and modern and beech 5 mins away.just a shame we couldnt see it from our window.:(

the views were great the scenary was breathtaking inwould deffo come again...

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Lovely sea view right on the beach every one was so friendly...
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

The breakfast wasn’t included in the price

Lovely sea view right on the beach every one was so friendly and the parking was excellent even though we paid extra to park

Comfortable in excellent location.
    • Superior Double Room with Coastal View

Car parking limited.

Busy hotel. Food service was good,room was excellent,location excellent. The staff were helpful and friendly in all aspects. The only negative is the car parking is limited and you need to book it when you make the hotel booking. Will stay again.

Great position and amazing view

Even though the property was quite nice and that they had quality furniture in the rooms and they had nice bathrooms, there were some details that needed uptating in the rooms, like cracks in the walls.

The rooms were quite big, they had nice furniture and really nice bathrooms. The staff was nice. The location and the views were amazing and the hotel is extremely close to the beach.

Amazing

We had a fantastic stay. No complaints about the hotel at all. Staff are amazing. The only thing was the size of the bed because we are used to a superking but no fault of the hotel.

Will be returning ASAP.
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

Nothing the hotel could have done better, that area of Newquay does look a little tired and has possibly the worst chip shops in the country, but as I say nothing the hotel can do about that.

Booked this hotel last minute for a week in July, after a long journey we were arrived to find a great room (superior) a great hotel with a fantastic location. The staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble, the meals were excellent and all with great views of the Sea. What more could you ask for?

Wished I could stay forever .
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

The up an down the stairs an corridors to our room .. could easily get lost ..

The sea views were amazing . Location great the staff were lovely always willing to help. Great sleep for the whole wk with comfy bed an the sound of the sea .

Great location and fantastic views
    • Standard Twin Room

Great location, fabulous views - we stayed in room 222. It was the last stop on the latest stage of walking the South West Coast Path and a great way to finish.

Perfect location and hotel, would recommend!

Would be great if rooms were dog friendly!

Rooms were a great size and the location was fantastic! Beach cliff top bar out the back was stunning! Would def stay again!

The room had beautiful view and beach was only few steps...
    • Premium Room with Coastal View

Room was quite far from reception , there was no facility like swimming pool and hot tub , if you want are only up for view , it was nice spot , also was struggling for parking

The room had beautiful view and beach was only few steps away