Reviews of The Gresham Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

116 Sussex Gardens, Westminster Borough, London, W2 1UA, United Kingdom

#716 of 977 hotels in London

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

The room was clean and comfortable.

The lack of Air Con in the middle of one of the hottest heat waves in a long time made the room a bit uncomfortable at night and leaving the window open, while solving the heat issue di lead to a lot more noise coming in from the street. Especially the nearby loose manhole cover!

The room was clean and comfortable. and the staff were very helpful. I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

A dive but in a good location

I was in the basement and the window looked out onto a walkway so needed curtains closed. Bed uncomfortable. Extraction fan didn’t work in bathroom, no space to put baggage. Very run down. In need of TLC

Location and price

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Would not stay again

Cleanliness 🤨 Shower was a joke Don't bother using the lift 😂

Rooms small not very clean.black hair in cup and one in saucer and shower! Neither of us have black hair.. lil Carlton of milk was also dirty.. just overall needed a good clean.. One plug point! Shower botched up job! Either too hot take your skin off..or too bloody cold!! Don't bother using lift 🙄 we were taking guesses to how many times it would take for the room key to work.. I.hooe thus review is helpful I only wish I'd looked into the hotel before booking!

Gresham Hotel

Our view from the room was looking at a brick wall. When I booked the room in December 2017 I was asked if was for a special occasion and I put down for my wife's birthday but this was irrelevant as nothing was done to make it special.

Location and breakfast

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

I expected better for the price

Not really a vegetarian breakfast option and cheap bread to toast yourself in a toaster that takes five minutes to get even slightly toasted by which time there is a queue of people waiting. Rooms were basic and that is generous.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

All in all it was what we expected. 😊

More power points, didn't like having an extension lead.

Comfy beds, clean (small) bedroom, bathroom very small as was the shower but as a 2-star hotel it was fine.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Excellent value, great staff

Nice room, first floor, small balcony! Did the job. Great price on a busy day in London and the young lady on the front desk was very pleasant and helpful at check in. Would recommend and book again! They really helped me out when i was in a tight spot and struggling to find a room! Many thanks, Kevin

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Comfortable for a short stay.

Very small room but OK since only sleeping there. Rooms need up dating-paint job, faucet handles, etc. But clean enough.

Comfortable for a short stay. Conveniently located.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

It fitted our purpose and was all we needed, iwhen we go back to London we will certainly use it.

Bed was a bit hard for us, but that's all.

The position was good for the buses the 36 and 23 go down Sussex Gardens and Paddington Station for tubes and trains. Excellent value for money, there was everything we needed in the bedroom. There was plenty to eat for breakfast. It's not 5 star but you are not paying 5 star prices.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Overall I would consider staying there again.

No AC .....a fan helped, but !

Quiet Location close to Paddington Station Small but clean and efficient room Good breakfast Good value for London area

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Clean basic hotel v close to Paddington Station. Handy if you have an early flight.

Main overhead light not working but there were other lamps in the room

Handy location close to Paddington Station. Small basic room on third floor with a kettle and tea and coffee. fortunately there is a lift so you can take your luggage up. Helpful staff. Left early so can't comment on the breakfast

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Could do better!

Breakfast was advertised as being open till 10am at the weekend. I arrived at 9.50 and all had been packed away. I asked if I could have a croissant or coffee or anything? And was told bluntly that I should have arrived earlier! Pretty annoying as I had got up especially & could have had an extra hour in bed! I complained at reception but although staff were polite, they didn't offer anything. Ironically it still wasn't 10am. They had no answer to that observation!

Room, bed etc as expected. Location excellent.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Nice friendly little place to stay

Nothing stands out to be fair, lift a bit awkward as not much room. They do tend to bring your cooked breakfast out pretty much as soon as you sit down which is a bit annoying when you've just got your cereal or toast. They don't tend to have any fruit or yogurts either but all in all not a bad breakfast.

Very friendly staff, they will do anything for you, couldn't fault them

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Location, the breakfast was not bad, what I didn't like...

I know that it is very tough to find in London center a non expensive large room, but I have to say that this hotel is very old and the rooms are very tiny, even we stayed in a triple room. No place for luggages. The worst thing was after we have arrived the receptionist checked for the lift and said that it is not working. We were on the third floor and it was very hard to carry all luggages. The day after the lift was fixed but extremely old and slow. The day after there were a very nice lady at the reception.

Location, the breakfast was not bad, what I didn't like was the instant coffee.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

A budget hotel well located for Paddington Station and Hyde...

Shower was a bit tired with a broken door and some of the decor could do with a spruce up!

A budget hotel well located for Paddington Station and Hyde Park. Very nice breakfast

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

The staff was very kind, the room was big for four of us and...
    • Family Room

It was summer and the air conditioner was broken and could not be used. Even if they gave us fans, the air conditioner should be replaced or we are moved to another room.

The staff was very kind, the room was big for four of us and clean, and the location that near to bus and train station also restaurants.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Outdated

Everything is shabby. Single room is so tiny, if you place your suitcase on rack, you won't be able to open a wardrobe. The mattress was awful - bowed on the right side. Bathroom has wall mold and a shower embedded into the wall, no shower cap is provided.

Serve English breakfast, room has tea facilities

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

• Family Room

While I wouldn’t call it dirty, it certainly could use a good deep cleaning. Also one of the 3 beds in our room was slanted and uncomfortable. There was an AC unit built into the wall but it didn’t work and the weather was very hot for London. The room was stuffy and hot at night.

Great location. Close to rail, bus, and easy walk to Hyde Park and popular sights. Good basic facilities. Hot breakfast. Very helpful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Staff friendly and helpful but otherwise just adequate

The size of the room. I specifically criticise the tea/coffee making facilities. The electric cord/lead was not long enough to operate on a surface other than the floor - safety issues. The kettle was too tall to be filled under the tap.

Friendly,efficient and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Great location,helpful & friendly staff. Comfortable & in a great area.

Stayed for 5 days late May in a room with little room & no fridge. Stayed one night in transit & had a good sized room with a fridge. I understand the difficulty in pleasing everybody but the Fridge would have made an enormous difference to our initial stay.

The full English breakfast is delivered quickly and to one's choice. Toast & cereals,jam,butter,honey,indivual cheese choices are plentiful. A great way to start the day.Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Good location, small but clean rooms.

No A/C so had to open windows. Normally that is fine but we were on bottom floor by the street and everyone stood outside the window and smoked. Room smelled like smoke if we left windows open when we left. Would have given higher rating if not for the smoke.

Close to Paddington station which made traveling the city very easy. Room was clean. Breakfast was provided.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Very disappointed!

We booked 6 months ahead of our stay. We were dumped in an underground room, floodlight shining into the room, and staff walking past our window. Not at all what booking.com advertised!

Nothing, really

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Supplies the basic requirements.

The first night we stayed we had to ask for another room that was quieter. The inhabitants in the room above were walking around a lot and the ceiling to our room creaked with every footstep. The staff were very helpful in finding us another room and we were able to rebook it for our return visit on our way home too.

Supplies the basic requirements. Beds were comfortable enough.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Pity about the Breakfast.

The breakfast was really poor. Tinned fruit, sachet Nescafe coffee and a single option of English Breakfast. My wife would have taken any egg bar fried, but fried was the only option. A pity because with good breakfast, this would have been a totally different experience.

Great location, just a few minutes walk from Paddington Station.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Never again !
    • Family Room

If you're thinking of booking here... Do yourself a favor and don't ! We were located on the 4th floor, the lift stopped working at 9pm so I had to lug a toddler up 4 stories. I was assured that in the morning it would be fixed because we had to check out. It was still not working and we had to haul all our lugagge down with help from one person. The attitude of the lady at the desk was ridiculous! She said "this happens". Thankfully they helped my mother who has arthritis with her lugagge later on the day after I told them clearly that she would need to be helped with the suitcases. Breakfast was badly planned ! It was houseful and the staff couldn't cope. Most people complained of the rooms and left unhappy.

There are some nice restaurants in the area.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Terrible, very disappointing. Have stayed nearby hotel with similar rating, this was overrated.

Received email confirmation we would have same room for two nights (separate bookings), not done, believe we were given an inferior room on check-in. Shower door would not shut, bathroom sink damaged, one channel on TV only.

Big plus when booking was that the property had a lift. Actual room provided was not accessible by the lift but staff assisted us with our 20kg baggage.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

the location is great.

The room is beyond tiny, and needs an make-over. Would be good if the hotel offered breakfast earlier than 7.30 as many people are traveling and need to check out.

the location is great.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Convenient and good value in a property which has retained character in a fast developing area.

For the price I paid there was very little I would ask to change.

The location is perfect for travelers who need access to Paddington Station. The area is full of character and in the summer you are greeted with gardens full of flowers. There are plenty of great places to eat and drink.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Good but too far away

The hotel was a lot further away from Leicester square where we needed to be. The description said the hotel was a lot nearer.

The hotel was clean and good value

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Meets one needs for a clean Hotel in London.

Beyond their control, loose manhole cover made a lot of noise when vehicles rolled over it.

Closness to Paddington Station, good food nearby. Staff very courteous, establisment old, room was small, but clean. Met my needs for the two nights I stayed.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

Adequate for a very short stay.

Poor choice of food at breakfast. You could have a full English breakfast with fried eggs but they were unable to provide Scrambled eggs. The dining area provided was very small and overcrowded with queues at start of meal time.

awful

the room was hot and had a duct outside of the window that kept me awake all night, the shower did not work at all. terrible experience I woke up for work feeling worse that before i went to bed.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

posh location, convenient if you are only one night between two planes in Heathrow, very small

I know about these cupboards-as-a-room that you find in the Center of London, but it is always amazing what creativity they have to try to fake a hotel room from a less than 5 square meter space :-(. Even is it's clean and clear, it's still a bit difficult to feel comfortable in such a sueezed volume. These one was a must: it was not even possible to open my suitcase!

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Tiny hotel rooms..

The room was so tiny our luggage did not fit. There was no a/c, the elevator was tempermental and small, there was no place to plug in to recharge our phones. We checked our 15 minutes after checking in.

Location seemed good. Staff was okay with our leaving.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Perfect

It was really nice, clean. Super luggage room. We had very clean room, we got clean towels for next day as well. Super breakfast we got. Excellent place and staff. Helpful. They did my check in for flight as well. Perfect. Thanks a lot! We come again!

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

It fell well below my expectations, and I will not recommend this to a friend.

The website was misleading as far as depicting how small the room was. It is VERY small. Including the shower. I’m pretty tiny, and could barley move around in the shower. The bed was uncomfortable, there is no air conditioner, and I had to use ear plugs to get any sleep with the traffic outside, and the sketchier characters of the neighborhood yelling at all hours of the night.

The staff is friendly, and ensures someone is at the front desk 24hrs. The location is also very convenient.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Hotel very central in London

Most of staff were very helpful and dealt with the problems in the room fairly promptly but some staff require further training in customer service or language skill

Hotel very central in London

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Clean and quiet in central location

Only size but that is to be expected with the price

The room was very small and dated but clean and quiet which was great because of its central location

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Very comfortable and homely.

View wasn't great (backs of other terraces) but I wasn't bothered since I didn't book the hotel for it's views. Bathroom fixtures were old and needed replacing but despite that everything was very clean.

Close proximity to Paddington Station. Comfortable bed. Cleanliness of linen and towels. Lovely full English breakfast. Luggage storage after check-out.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Good location for a short stay, but room for improvement

breakfast (full English + toast) was saturating, but quite dreary, a bit more variety would be nice (and freshly brewed instead of instant coffee); the showers need updating (although it's nice that the bathroom had mixing taps); there was a lot of street noise coming in through the old windows day and night (we had a streetside room); Wifi was easy to use, but unfortunately working only sporadically in our room

the location in a nice street near Paddington Station and Hyde Park is perfect and the main advantage of this hotel; there is a lot of more expensive hotels in this area, this one is good value, overall you get everything you need for a short stay in London; personnel at the reception was friendly and the house in general is quite charming

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

So easy to get to from Paddington Station and a great location

It would have been incredibly hot and stuffy in rooms without opening windows. The room was very small.

It was good to have a room with a big window to slide up so we could get out on the narrow balcony

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

this hotel is fine for one night,many other guests had just arrived in the U.K. and were going on t

bit of a bun fight for breakfast like a united nations meeting,however we all mastered the toaster eventually !!!

we had a very small room,but it was just for one night before going on to cornwall so it didn't bother us.the local area is very busy 2 good pubs and restaurants and shops abound.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Location is very good, very close to Paddington underground...

Very small room, apparently smaller than advertised online. Smaller-than-expected bathroom.

Location is very good, very close to Paddington underground and railway stations. Very good bus connection for London Luton airport. Good quality neighbourhood. Just a stroll to Hyde Park. Nice staff. Very clean towels and sheets.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Excellent location.

The beds were extremely uncomfortable and resulted in days of back pain.

Very clean and really friendly staff. Excellent location, just around the corner from Paddington station.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

The room was very small and the table was over the bed a...

See above

The room was very small and the table was over the bed a little. The headboard wasn't attached so everytime you moved it hit the wall. Fan was available which as good because it was hot. The kettle cable was very short and I only found an extension cable on the last day. Also shower water too hot and tried everything and could not adjust it. They said they would sort it but it didn't appear they did it. It was very clean and close to Paddington with plenty of buses restaurants etc.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Good price but very basic comfort

Sheets were only folded on the bed - the bed wasn´t made up the shower was tiny and very old the lift was dodgy and didn´t always work

Helpful staff gave me toothpaste which I had forgotten.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

I enjoyed the stay at this hotel.

The room was a little bit small, but comfortable.

I liked the kindness of the receptionists and the location in this area nice and easy to find. The underground line is straight to Piccadilly Circus and King Cross.

Will return.

Nothing was bad. A small bathroom - but fit for purpose and that's ok for one night.

Perfect for our visit to shop, theatre visit and meet friends, then head off back to Devon from Paddington,

Location is excellent.

Poor rooms for single travellers. Poor value for price charged. Breakfast was an absolute shambles; needs to be set out better to allow guests access without crowding.

Location is excellent.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Pleasant stay at this hotel

WiFi was really poor. Sometimes impossible to download the slightest data.

Location was really convenient. Breakfast was good! Staff was helpful and polite. Small rooms but typical English.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

The service was excellent.
    • Family Room

The service was excellent. Could not have done more. The room was excellent. Looked just like the pictures. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. The room was spotless. Even to the complimentary drinks ie tea and coffee, no cost was spared.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Good Location, handy to catch bus into city and plenty of...

Only problem was the very small shower room which was a bit claustrophobic.

Good Location, handy to catch bus into city and plenty of bars and restaurants within a few minutes walk. Bedroom good location at the front of the hotel. Good cooked breakfast and helpful and friendly staff. Our second visit to this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

A bit expensive but clean and central hotel

Expensive for what is offered. Very small room Under average breakfast which should definitely be bettered Very bad tea Only soluble coffee available

Good location Clean room Kettle available in room Well-designed and practical bathroom

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Great location but room which we stayed in was very unsafe.Would not stay again

The room was very small.windows were not double glazing so could hear everything on a busy street.The tile in the bathroom was broken so when you step outside you can cut your feet.There was no sockets to plug phone chargers in to,one extension lead which I’m sure was not safe.The bathroom had not been cleaned for some months.I could go on but was not anything like what was on website.Management should inspect all there rooms as I’m sure they can’t be happy to give this to customers.

Great location.staff we’re friendly.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Breakfast was good!

It was hot, no air conditioning so had to keep window open so lots of street noise plus risk of bugs because no screens on windows. Also, there was no place for our group to play cards. They would not let us use room downstairs to play cards even though it is only used for breakfast.

Breakfast was good! They got us glasses so we could drink wine before going to dinner!

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Perfect base for a busy few days

The staff were very accommodating. I couldn’t sleep in one room so they kindly moved me to another. The location is great and the facilities were good value.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

A huge disappointment! Definitely NOT a 3-star. Not worth the price!

Oh boy! The facility was horrible! The single room had no air flow (AC unit); no screen on the window so that bugs could (and did) fly in; the exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work; the coffee/tea pot had to be set on the floor to work because the plug wasn't long enough; the bed was extremely worn out and sloping; the location was noisy, especially with having to keep the window open for air; the weak shower had mildew; the elevator buttons didn't all work to get to the ground floor. I didn't have the breakfast because I had to catch a flight.

The staff were friendly and got me into the room an hour or so before check in time. There was a hair dryer in the room (my USA dryer would not work even with adapter / converter. The location is very convenient to Paddington station. It seems safe enough. Outside looks nice, but inside the room is dreary and claustrophobic. Second photo is not property (can't delete it).

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

The breakfast was kinda like out of expectation, thought it...

The room is small and with a corridor-view window. Cannot receive WiFi in the room and the heat was shutted down sometimes then turned on again. Why?

The breakfast was kinda like out of expectation, thought it was just a normal breakfast with roasts and cereals, but in fact they have English breakfast, which was quite tasty.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Great location, good value for money

Really really small room, the cupboard had space for hanging clothes, but not for shirts, sweaters, etc. The window was dirty, looking onto back sides of other buildings. The breakfast was quite poor, English breakfast not very tasty and the only alternative was toast, butter and jam. The entire hotel is quite narrow, which makes it a bit difficult to navigate, the elevator is old and very slow. But, as far as I know, that is the case in most central hotels in London.

Great location, 3 min walk from Paddington station, with a few cafes, restaurants and exchange offices nearby. The staff was nice, kind enough to meet my payment requirements. The room was kept clean.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Good for a night stay,though tough for longer stay

Guess if u pay this amt,its only fair u dont get spacious rm. No complains

Breakfast is as expected,nothing to shout about,acceptable for the price I paid. Staff generally helpful,all requests met We reached hotel early,about 8am. No room available,which of course is only expected. Staff kind to let us leave luggages at luggage room. When I informed the female staff we wont be having breakfast the next morn as we need to leave by 6.30am,she invited us to have our breakfast immed. Much appreciated.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Dungeon room close to Hyde Park

Very overpriced for type of room. Avoid room 205, every person in the hotel has to walk down the open stairs directly outside your door to get to the basement breakfast room, having tramped across your ceiling first! Room was in the basement with no outside window, scruffy bathroom with broken toilet seat, damaged sink and a light bulb out, claustrophobic room which was airless, lots of noise from a laminate floor above in the foyer which made it seem if people were tap dancing all night, tube noise which rumbled on to the early hours as room was in the basement, uncomfortable sloping bed and crap pillows. Breakfast was very average and small with no choice, you basically was told you were having an English breakfast as you came into the room and was presented with one cheap sausage, a spoonful of value baked beans, half a tomato, over cooked bacon (1 slice) and a hard and greasy fried egg, to wash it down you could have PGTips tea( best part of stay), coffee or UHT orange juice (yuk). Clearly this is a very budget hotel with delusions of grandeur! It is nothing like the photos! You can’t even say it is cheap and cheerful! Personally I would say, find a local Travelodge or save up your money for a proper hotel chain such as Radisson. Will we return? Errr definitely not!

They used PG Tips tea bags rather than cheapo ones

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

No complaints.as expected for the pice.all good.

Room was small.no chair/s.lack of tea/coffee selection.no complimentary biscuits.

It met our expectations.hotel was clean and tidy. Staff were polite.breakfast basic but adequate.hot water and shower very good.location very good.bus service very close by.amenities close by. For somewhere to stay briefly for a couple of nights this was fine for the price.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Clean, very convenient, staff were pleasant and professional.

The room isn't spacious, absolutely fine as a place to sleep but perhaps a bit cosy for an extended stay.

Clean, very convenient, staff were pleasant and professional. Tea and kettle in the room and cooked breakfast available in the morning. Having a lift available was helpful for luggage

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Budget hotel, clean and easy to find

Chaos in the breakfast room, free for all with all the food, kept running out of utensils and plates.

Comfy bed but small, had everything required in a bedroom, lovely shower. Clean room

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

• Family Room

The wi-fi signal did not arrive in the room, but the reception area worked well.

Family room for 4 people very large. Beds very comfortable. Great cleaning and housekeeping. Room with oven and electric kettle with teas and coffees available. Breakfast satisfactory. Great service at the reception, especially the Brazilian Raquel who was very friendly. Great location, right next to Paddington station. From the airport we went by subway to the station without any difficulty. We walked to Big Ben, passing Hyde Park and other sights.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Great Hotel. Would recommend for any short breaks in London.

There was nothing that could have been done to make it any better.

Lovely Hotel would stay again in good location close to Paddington station to get the Heathrow Express and also the underground to access all locations in London. Very clean and comfortable would recommend to my friends.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Don't bother

Most of the staff were grumpy bar one receptionist. The room had no big light. Breakfast was no variation (and only two cereals. Cooked breakfast tiny. Breakfast staff stared at us, it felt very awkward being a gay couple. Left luggage was not secure

Left luggage was available, comfortable bed . The jam at breakfast was lovely

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Leaving was the best part

Room far too small and we were told we had the biggest room far too hot and the fan was in an unsafe place it was lucky I didn't fall off the chair trying to reach it Couldn't sleep and cancelled our second night there

The location was good

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Good price, great area

The mattress in my room was very soft and it's definitely time to replace it. Would have preferred to be able to remove the shower nozzle, but that said, the shower was good. The room is tiny, and if you're in the back there is no view, but for this price, it was a deal!

The hotel is in a very good area very close to Paddington station. Very much appreciated the coffee/tea in my room as well. They offer an "English breakfast" which includes beans, sausage and eggs, plus toast and a cereal - quite adequate. The price for London was very reasonable.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

The hotel was adequate and clean but the room was small for two people.

The bed didn't have much back support and the springs were creaky. We had to leave quite early in the morning and breakfast was not available as takeaway so we didn't get to take advantage of included breakfast.

Good location near Paddington in a safe area. The room was adequate and clean. There was a lift to take upstairs. We spent only one night on our way out of England and this was fine for us for the price.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Ideal hotel for a short stay in london, I would use it again.

The room and bathroom were a little small. There are no electric sockets near the bed, I needed to charge my phone overnight and also use it as a clock and alarm and reading book, it wasn't a major problem. We were out most of the time.

The location was ideal, close to the station and with bars and restaurants within walking distance. Ideal base for visitng London. Staff were very friendly & helpful. The breakfast was nice so it was all good value for money. We were only there 2 nights to watch out daughter run the marathon.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Nice location, but room for improvements.

Very cramped room and bath. I booked a double room to have som space for work, but there was hardly any floor space, and the desk was too small to get work done. It was warm during day and night, and no A/C. Worse, with open window (necessary) lot of noise from the street as well as long periods of helicopter disturbance early in the morning, which didn’t allow much sleep. A fan was provided, but also noisy. In the bath, only bath gel and shampoo in small plastic bags (try to open them when you have wet fingers). Breakfast was simple but adequate, but only instant coffee available.

Great location, close to transport. Workable WiFi and nice staff. Fridge in the room. Clean room and breakfast room. Bed quite comfortable.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

I didn't expect much from this budget hotel and was still badly disappointed

My room was in the basement, the corridors full of laundry bags to negotiate, noisy, with no daylight and a bathroom that was grubby and a sink that was clogged with 'food' of some description and backed up every time the tap was used. Wi-fi reception was so poor as to be useless, a bank of electricity sockets were not working and my single bed (I booked a double room...) was uncomfortable. I skipped the breakfast and went to an excellent nearby cafe. I cannot recommend this hotel.

The location of the hotel cannot be faulted - close to all necessary amenities.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Highly recommended!!

Small bathroom

Easy access to paddington station and nearby shops and restaurants, clean and highly cooperative staff.Moreover the hotel had a lift which was a plus

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

Not a great experience but the breakfast was great and the staff were friendly.

I had the smallest hotel room in the world and had to move the bed to get into the ensuite. The wifi didn't work at all anywhere in the hotel and a number of guests experienced the same issue. People were throwing things down the stairs until 1am and everytime anyone went up or down the stairs, it sounded like the bedroom ceiling was coming in. A terrible night's sleep.

The breakfast was great.