Reviews of Hartsfield Manor 4 stars

Sandy Lane, Dorking, RH3 7AA, United Kingdom

Short but very comfortable
    • Single Room - Annex

Only small gripe was couldn’t seem to get any decent spray from the shower and no cold water from it either - needed when the weather is so hot......but I poss missed something I needed to adjust....? Plus no milk for my coffee.

Cool and cosy room with very comfortable bed. Lovely hotel and gorgeous location.

The beautiful Manor.
    • Double Room - Annex

Having booked simply because it looked like a lovely, old, English Hotel I was really upset that upon arrival we were put up in the annex part which was separate from the building. Wasn’t notified about this as I would have booked somewhere else. I was really hoping to stay within the actual building itself but instead was in a completely different one that was horrifically modern. I also found out that one of the guest from the same wedding who were in the actual Manor House, paid way less for two than what I did and was then put up in the annex. They should really notify people.

The beautiful Manor. Unfortunately only got to see the reception part as was put up in an horrifically modern annex separate from the building.

Impressive hotel.
    • Double Room - Annex

However, on closer inspection. It was quite dusty and stained carpets throughout the room and hallways to the top of the hotel. There were lots of rough chipped off edges but we were were fine with this. What we wasn’t best pleased about was the staining on the beds. I was unfortunately quite ill the night we stayed with a migraine so didn’t get to explore. The duvet was tucked into the side of the bed, I managed to get it out and when I woke in the morning, there was green snot stains on the bedding, where I wouldn’t have seen had I not untucked the bedding. No best pleased and did dampen the whole experience as it felt so unclean sleeping there.

The first impressions are fantastic. Beautiful Manor House, lush surrounding gardens and decent sized rooms. The rooms were spacious and the little touches e.g molten brown toiletries, tea/coffee and dressing gowns were very appreciated.

Too short, but lovely.
    • Double Room - Annex

Beautiful manor house. The grounds are very pretty to walk around, and we were upgraded to a room in the manor house which was lovely.

Size of room.
    • Double Room - Annex

Size of room. Due to a wedding bein on while we were there there we were unable to get any food during the day even though it clearly says that sandwiches are available !!

I'd have been better off at a Premier Inn

See above

Nice location but I was moved to a 2nd floor room with no lift (and I find stairs v difficult as my knees are dodgy) - the alternative was a walk to the 'annex'; the room was small, stuffy and airless; the bath had not been cleaned; the bathroom bin had not been emptied; room service was minimal and eye-wateringly expensive; a clock somewhere was 'beeping' (rather than chiming) the hours all night - waking me regularly on the hour. Room rate was more than advertised on the website. Ambience was more like a conference centre than a small luxury hotel. I would neither stay there again nor recommend it.

We really enjoyed our stay at Hartsfield Manor.
    • Double Room - Annex

I understand that watching TV on a night away is not a top priority but when we did want to watch, the TV signal was very much like watching a jigsaw puzzle - reception was VERY poor. On another note, and not to be funny, but the mattress was very bouncy, and this made for a very disrupted night's sleep as we both woke up when one of us moved or turned over during the night.

We really appreciated the size of the bathroom facilities for our room. The room was clean, neat and very welcoming. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was first class and such a wonderful variety of breakfast items to choose from.

Beautiful place, nice staff
    • Double Room - Annex

Breakfast was an extra cost on top of the room cost which seemed a little stingy given the hotel wasn’t cheap to stay at. Also the room was very hot and didn’t appear to have air conditioning

Good breakfast, comfortable room and nice staff. Lovely grounds and a decent bar. We were there for a wedding and the food was very nice.

Not somewhere we will visit again.
    • Double Room - Annex

Just about everything was poor. Slow drinks service. Bed too small for two people, bedroom dusty, unable to have a cold shower, décor dated. Unwilling to provide poached eggs at breakfast ..."no, not today". Too few staff available.

The location is nice with a couple of good local pubs within walking distance. We chose the Red Lion which provided an excellent evening meal (we chose this because our lunch at the hotel was pretty uninspiring).

Extremely comfortable room and facilities were excellent
    • Junior Suite - Main Building

In other hotels, a debit card can be used to prepay/authorise a certain amount to be able to charge to the room. I had to go to reception for both the bar and the restaurant to pay by card. Needs improving

Extremely comfortable room and facilities were excellent

Service, location and parking
    • Double Room - Annex

Your Menu could be more varied. As a very frequent traveller one tends to find a ordinary approach to food across the board in most Hotels. A missed opportunity as I tend to eat in restaurants in the area. I have stayed in your Hotel for 11 days in the last 4 weeks. Noticed one Sat that the Arkle Manor was fill yet your restaurant was empty - as an observant traveller this normally indicates that the locals do not frequent your establishment as it is perceived to be for guests only. Staff should also be in attendance in your bar without having to ask at the reception desk all the time for service. Otherwise a good establishment

Service, location and parking

Nice and chilled.
    • Double Room - Annex

Only complaint if I was to be petty was that the room was too hot for me, heating on constant, (but I wear shorts in the snow)

Didnt spend too much time here as travelled up for a wedding, but the time we did we really liked. Beautiful property. Our rooms patio was part of a forest type setting. I would absolutely come back and stay here again.

Far Too expensive considering I was put in the annex building which compares to a 1970’s block of fl
    • Double Room - Annex

The annex and breakfast was not included. At nearly £80 for the room a breakfast which would cost to buy about £5 should be included.

Not a lot really. Standard hotel room for this day and age. Nothing special.

Lovely if a little cramped in the room.
    • Double Room - Main Building

It is not necessarily a dislike, but we felt the £149 price was a little much given the relatively small room and lack of bath.

Nice appearance and setting

Room was very comfortable, staff were very nice and lovely...
    • Double Room - Annex

I went for the full English, it came out with everything plonked on top of eachother. Was very surprised with it considering everything else was perfect for us.

Room was very comfortable, staff were very nice and lovely location, however breakfast wasn't great.

We loved this hotel!
    • Double Room - Annex

We loved this hotel! It was stunning, the bathroom was huge, the bedroom had a great big TV, the staff were extremely friendly (especially after a long late drive in the snow) which all made this hotel exceed my expectations!

Would definitely go back
    • Double Room - Annex

Was a little slow no one reception when we arrived, no one around to show us where to have dinner, and we had to look for a member of staff to show us where we were to go for breakfast other then that we were very happy.

Staff were very friendly and welcoming The carrot soup was absolutely amazing:)

Comfortable,smart beautiful area and professional staff
    • Double Room - Annex

Wifi was very poor so unable to get anything done at night on laptop that's all really

Great value for money I would of paid more for what I got but it's beautiful, friendly staff ,foods amazing !

Amazing
    • Junior Suite - Main Building

I stayed in room 18 in the main building so much space and bed was amazing I didn't like anything on the menu in the restaurant so a member of staff (male) asked the chef if he could do me steak and chef agreed so helpful and the meal was amazing

Great, the lodge was a lovely little bonus.

Nothing. Lovely place

Put in the lodge as there was a problem with the water heater in the block but this was a major bonus. Beautiful room, lovely bathroom

Disappointed although food was good
    • Double Room - Annex

On arrival I was booked in the 'annex' which I did know about when I originally booked; it is referred to on the website as being a short distance away from the main building; in fact it was located at the bottom of the drive by the road entrance, at least 400-500 yards from the hotel itself; the room whilst being well furnished was not clean with cobwebs and other debris in several areas; the phone and radiator were particularly dirty and there was no hot water; a Manager Jon came over and took photos and a request by me to be moved to the main hotel building was agreed.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

All the charm of an old Manor but all the mod cons of modern...

No lift - 2nd floor room

All the charm of an old Manor but all the mod cons of modern accommodation. The bed was really comfy and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

It was a very comfortable place, I would stay again
    • Single Room - Main Building

The reception desk was a bit slow

The bed was very comfortable and the room itself was very nice. It had a hi-tech TV as well as a great view from the window

You won’t be disappointed here!
    • Double Room - Annex

Nothing. Loved it. Will try to go back our next anniversary!

Beautiful views, large manor with high ceilings. Decked out for Xmas. Massive TV. Great bathroom. Excellent lounge areas for hot totties, really attentive staff. Very nice breakfast.

Beautiful old manor house hotel in a stunning location
    • Double Room - Annex

We were disappointed that after booking in we were directed to the annexe which is a completely different building and experience to the main old building. We hadn't realised this would be the case. Nevertheless we were very comfortable

Beautiful old building in a stunning location. Very warm. Great views. Huge TV and bathroom, comfy bed

A comfortable and relaxing stay in a wonderful location.
    • Double Room - Annex

The accommodation block whilst comfortable was beginning to show its age along with the business facilities and could do with updating but this did not detract anything from our stay. Not all food on the bar menu was available which was disappointing.

The house and grounds were excellent and the setting perfect. Breakfast selection was extensive, plentiful and well cooked.

Fantastic hotel with great staff!
    • Junior Suite - Main Building

The restaurant didn't open until 7pm so we were restricted to having dinner in the bar (with young kids who couldn't wait until 7pm). There wasn't a lift, which was fine for us but might not have been ideal with a baby.

Gorgeous hotel, lovely room and bathroom and very comfortable beds. The staff were very friendly. I will definitely be returning.

Due to the items mentioned, the beautiful building and surroundings were somewhat spoilt.
    • Double Room - Main Building

Lack of cleanliness in our room, dead insects around the corridors, restaurant was closed without any prior notice given and noisy pipework in our room kept us awake most of the night!

Excellent view from our room and the surrounding areas are beautiful.

Fabulous.

A longer stay.

The staff were friendly, helpful and extremely courteous. The room was beautiful - number 30 and far exceeded our expectations. The peace and tranquillity of the whole hotel was a delight.

Lovely overnight stay.
    • Single Room - Annex

The receptionist when I checked out made me feel as If i was trying to leave without paying for breakfast as I had thought it was already paid for on my card . Better communication around this would have been good as otherwise my stay was very nice.

I was able to stay in the main house as I was checking in late which was great. Smooth check in. Very nice breakfast for an additional amount. Good room with everything I needed and comfy bed.

Very pleased & would stay again
    • Double Room - Annex

A second bottle of water in the room.

Very good value for money, warm welcome, beautiful setting, clean room & bathroom, good breakfast, friendly staff all round. A very lovely stay xx

Pleasant stay. Staff were very friendly.
    • Single Room - Annex

Room was rather disappointing, very small and the corridor outside very narrow which meant you could hear very easily outside noise.

Bed was comfy, breakfast was good.

Excellent venue let down by staff communication problems, would stay again but would eat somewhere e
    • Double Room - Main Building

Very poor bathroom lighting, none to illuminate mirror. Restaurant very disorganized 2 hours for a 2 course dinner.

Nice parkland setting, Comfortable bed.

Romantic, relaxing, and very lovely.
    • Double Room - Annex

It is worth mentioning that I liked everything about this hotel except for the roads that gave us access to it, very windy especially if you are not used to driving on the left. I do have to say the drive was worth it...smile

This hotel is a beautiful English Mansion, with lovely gardens and views. Beautiful if you want to experience old English living. We were in the annex part which is very nice and strolled over to the big house for a drink... smile

The perfect location for a short stay to get away from it all.
    • Double Room - Main Building

More shower power, water pressure was a little low

Spacious and well appointed room with a very comfortable bed and a huge flat screen television overlooking the gardens; large modern bathroom too. The setting and location were both excellent in close proximity to many country villages and walks.

We enjoyed every moment

Can't think of anything.

The staff were possibly the best we have ever come across - always friendly and helpful. The catering for the wedding reception, and the service thereof, were first class. The location was excellent - the epitome of rural England. Although there was a raving disco on the ground floor (our party!) we didn't hear anything of it on the first floor.

Clean hotel but overpriced.
    • Double Room - Annex

My room smelt of bleach as soon as I opened it. My key card didn't work first of all too. There was a spider in the bath. I was in a separate building to all of my friends too who were staying in the main building. The masseuse was on holiday and part of the reason we ended up picking this hotel to stay in was because we wanted a massage. We consequently had to go elsewhere.

Comfortable bed, good food in the morning, good tea bags and kettle facilities. I had a ground floor room which opened up to the woods at the back. It had a table and chairs outside and was really beautiful.

Very nice but expensive and out of the way. Cold incomplete breakfast.
    • Junior Suite - Main Building

Even though vegetarian sausages were on the breakfast menu they were not available according to the chef, the food that did come came late and was cold. They forewent the £3 tray charge. The rooms are well sound proofed by the bathrooms are not. As this venue is predominantly used for weddings, this means that the thump thump thump of music til 2 in the morning is a killer. If you do not drive the venue is down country lanes, and the only local pub is down a couple of lanes with no paths. Very expensive. £180 for a night, and no pool.

The staff were very nice and the location is stunning. The junior suite was very large and comfortable.

Sleepless
    • Double Room - Annex

Noise Very poor lighting in the room Very noisy, when all of the extractor fans are running it is like being on an industrial complex. Another noise starts at 6.00am. It last for about 10 seconds and is followed by a clunk. There's then a 10 second gap and then it continues.

Good based and comfortable
    • Double Room - Annex

Rooms were a little dirty and they had cancelled our booking when we arrived lucky they had a room but it wasn't the one I had booked

Molton Brown toiletries and good tea in the rooms. Breakfast was nice too.

A complete farce, having to sleep in a dirty room ruined what should have been a relaxing weekend.
    • Double Room - Annex

the room was dirty and very badly maintained. It was certainly not the standard you would expect from a 'Manor House Hotel'. I have been in Motels that were cleaner and with a caring staff. Would not recommend it to anyone, Stay in the Red Lion down the road.

If those issues are sorted, the rooms are perfect so would stay again
    • Double Room - Annex

No answer when phoning reception, no paper delivered although it had been ordered the night before Phone in room not working to call reception so had to use mobile and no response anyway

Nice clean rooms

Lovely comfortable stay in a manor with beautiful gardens and views
    • Double Room - Main Building

Maybe more outdoor furniture and tables to take advantage of the beautiful views.

Beautiful property in a lovely setting. My room was very comfortable and with every modern convenience despite being in an historic manor. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was excellent. Lovely pub and historic church walking distance from the manor.

I felt that the stay was spoilt due to noise and lack of staff to cover the number staying
    • Junior Suite - Main Building

The grounds around the building needed looking after. Grass and hedges cut. There was a wedding at the venue which was not mentioned when I phoned the hotel. Poor restaurant and food not the best. Loud music till earlier hours jsituated below the room. No information regarding meal times or bar time in the room. It was a tired hotel!!!

The location was very good and the views stunning

Not up to scratch
    • Single Room - Main Building

There was loud music from a wedding until midnight, despite the full price of the rooms. I don't think other customers should have to pay full price when that is the case. I had to move rooms twice due to issues with cleanliness. I was eventually moved to a cleaner room and given a discount, but it was not the situation I expected! Other friends of mine also staying in the hotel (we were staying there the night before another wedding at another location) also had troubles.

Beautiful venue that needs to think about value.
    • Single Room - Annex

There was rubbish in my bin when I arrived, which was not ideal. And breakfast was an extra £10 - considering the price I paid to stay there, I would have thought it would be included.

Despite booking a single room, the room was more of a double. And the staff were friendly and helpful.

Stunning location!

Breakfast was not included in the price which was disappointing but due to there being a large group of us we were offered a discount per head so this was appreciated. Our rooms were not based in the main house, we were out in an older building which wasn't very pretty and meant we were out of the main action of the hotel.

Stunning building, very clean and comfortable, staff were very helpful. Quiet location tucked away, beautiful grounds.

Beautiful main building and grounds, rather poor annexe, hideous basic services.
    • Double Room - Annex

Tried to extend my stay by one night by e-mailing the hotel. No reply so telephoned later. arranged the extra night for £98. On arrival this changed for an instant payment of £139. It took X2 representations to reception to fix it. Room was not clean, many dead flies on the window cill in bathroom. X2 scatter cushions on bed stank of body odour. Bedside table missing, tablelamps dodgey and loose, too dim to read by No heating to towelrail in particular which meant the towels reamained damp after the 1st morning, Wardrobe (Rather small, no drawers) contained a previous guest's shirt hanging up and a damaged coathanger. Televison start up was random with crucial AV button outlined on the instructions missing from either of the 2 remotes. Sound quality awful.. telephone dismantled on arrival. Toiletries not replenished neither were tea/coffee sugar biscuits etc despite call to reception which was subsequently ignored. Breakfast variable. 1 small cup of tea from the teapot was all with no offer of top-up of hot water. We were in the annexe which was a fair way from the carpark. This venue should be added to my personal collection of Beautiful Hotels scandalously let down by poor basic service (The Grand, Scarborough; The Royal, Whitby) At least here the staff were NOT rude!

Position, Main Building, Grounds

Booking.com rip off!
    • Double Room - Annex

We stayed in the annex which quite frankly was grim! When we opened the door into the room we almost fell on the bed. The bedroom was pokey, badly furnished, carpet looked grubby, glass table dusty, inside of cupboards dusty, tea mug stained, bathroom out of date, bath enamel scratched. The buffet breakfast was very average. Service was poor and we didn't like sitting on enormous round tables that seemed to be catering for 12 people. For a one night stay £130 was over priced. We discovered that other guests were paying £65 per night. Next time I book a night in another hotel I will book direct avoiding the huge extra charge through Booking .com. We felt it was a complete rip off.

Don't believe the photo's
    • Double Room - Annex

Very dissapointing. At first when you drive up to the Manor it all looks beautiful and grand The receptionist has an attitude which isn't very customer friendly, greeting us by saying 'do you wanna check in?' Not even 'Hello' The signposting isn't great, a few of us couldn't even find the reception Once you check in, you are then directed back outside the manor to these Horrible Butlins type shacks which is definitely not in keeping with the Manor Dinner is only served between 7-9pm, I ordered steak, asked for it medium rare and what I got was a very chewy piece of meat We wasn't informed about breakfast, or given details about the local area etc After dinner we decided to explore the Manor, and unfortunately there wasn't much historic features left, everything had been modernized which was such a shame. Overall very disappointed. I paid to stay in a beautiful Manor and get the full experience, however that wasn't the case. This place is misleading, the photos don't show the full picture, pardon the pun

The only redeeming factor was that our room opened out to the grounds

Promissed a lot but was a disapointment.
    • Double Room - Annex

In front of my room were empty glasses. I mentioned that at the reception but the next day these where still there. The mirror in the bathroom was dirty. When I checked in I asked to put on the invoice the next day the company details. I left my business card. The girl said no problem. The next day when I paid the invoice was on my name. The guy at the desk told me he could not change it in the system and needed to do it hand written.

Nice building and location although I stayed in the anex building which is ugly compared with the rest.

Horrible Receptionist named Anna arrogant who charged me twice & forgot to reserve the room
    • Single Room - Main Building

Checking was bad due to Anna whom I had to wait for as she wasn't a the reception. Then she checked me in and then asked me to charge the amount for the room + extra 35Pound in case of other expenses. I had to argue with her that the room was paid through booking.com but she wanted a bank statement when it is paid through my Credit Card. Even though I showed her the payment on my phone she wanted me to send her a statement by email. Then she handed me the key to the room, I walked upstairs with my luggage to the room only to find out that they were the wrong set of keys, so I had to go down again with my stuff and up again. And guess what? there was no Wifi in my room to be able to work quietly so I wanted to call but the phone also didn't work. I went down, and I said I need to be transfered to another room and she acted annoyed and asked me all kind of questions with a rude tone: "Did you touch the pillow?", "Did you sit somewhere?", "Did you touch anything?" all of these questions to tell me we don't have a room available for you but I knew that was a lie cause she handed me another key at the begining. It was a very bad checkin and I recommend their manager to educate her and give her a warning for such a bad behaviour towards customers. Last but not least, I asked her that tomorrow I have a workshop at the hotel, and my colleagues are coming and staying at the hotel so we will be a group checking in. She said she doesn't see the reservation and asked to me talk to the event manager tomorrow. I think she should have checked it herself after such a bad checkin. Next day, I asked for the event manager but she wasn't here and the receptionist didn't do anything about it until the group showed up only to find out that the meeting room were reserved but not any of the rooms even though we had a confirmation from the Hotel.

Meals and location

Home away from home
    • Single Room - Annex

Air con would be good in the room. Noisy groups on both nights I stayed which staff apologised for.

Loved the room, teas and toiletries. Love the coffee point which suits me as I sometimes work from my room instead of the office. Staff very accommodating and friendly. The hotel and grounds are beautiful with great wildlife. I have stayed here a few times and will be returning.

Great Nature and old nice Manor but only reachable by Taxi and make sure your room is in the manor
    • Double Room - Annex

The room was not in the manor and I had to walk outside more than 5min to reach my room for checkin, breakfast and checkout. Plus Wifi connection isn't that good over there and the side view is on the parking so no privacy. TV Cable System is outdated.

the nature, the manor, the garden and the breakfast

Good for purpose.
    • Double Room - Annex

The first room (the lodge) we were allocated was very cold, dirty and shabby. We were moved (lucky as they were fully booked) and the second room was a lot warmer. However two out of three lamps had their bulbs blown, a dirty mark on the sheet and again the room was very shabby.

The grounds were lovely.

Not what was expected
    • Double Room - Annex

Bathroom shower not working, no air conditioning, windows don't open enough, overly hot and too uncomfortable, No recompense despite having to move rooms. Wedding party in next morning taking over hotel made things uncomfortable to stay around and feel like intruding. Should have been warned of this at booking. Tried taking money for room twice despite booking an paying via Booking.com

Lovely building, nice location, nice grounds

Wow factor but due to staff lack personality
    • Junior Suite - Main Building

Hartsfield certainly has the Wow factor, but it lack personality from its staff, just arrived after an overnight stay for my 45th birthday my partner emailed the hotel twice saying "we were there to celebrate his birthday" and didn't get a response from the hotel !! We stayed in rook 118 (Junior suite) it was impressive at first sight massive bathroom. Went to have a shower turn it in and the water came out scorching hot, took a while to adjust to the correct water temperature - notice there was no bathrobes so rung (0) and got through to someone, who said we transitioning and I don't think the bathrobes have been delivered she said not to worry I find out and get back to you ( she never rung back) Bed was lovely and comfortable and the views over the gardens where impressive - Breakfast went down at 9 am parts breakfast look worn abc over cook - but it was pleasant dead on 9:30 the curtains were drawn which I Presumed you want allowed anymore. Now the heart of the the hotel is it staff which I have to say felt like they didn't want to be there, one fact is they couldn't be bothered to respond to a email - and Smiles don't cost anything - and there was no real welcoming no offer to take up bags etc - it just lacked something we stayed at many of the DeVere hotels like the Grand Brighton - and they i'm in Preston because they personalise your hartsfield Manor was lacking this.

Lovely location, noisy wedding!
    • Double Room - Annex

Bar area and restaurant very noisy as there was a wedding party going on. Would like to stay in the main building next time, although maybe that would have been really noisy due to the wedding.

Large bedroom and bathroom. Grounds lovely.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Amazing location, friendly staff, quite corporate
    • Junior Suite - Main Building

Food was ok generally, breakfast got very samey over 5 nights. However staff and kitchen were very happy to make a la carte options for you. Buffet was just a bit boring. Lots of tinned fruit unfortunately.

Beautiful location. Comfortable

Luxury that did not live up to expectations
    • Double Room - Main Building

We were disappointed with the the level of luxury we had expected to the point that my husband did not want to have breakfast and we would have booked to come back had we enjoyed it because we need to come back to gatwick in July but we have decided to go to the premier inn instead . The car park was dirty and needed a good clean . We were unable to stand up in the shower.

The building and grounds were stunning to view . When we asked for a fan because the room was very stuffy on one of the hottest nights staff were able to find one.

Delightful setting and a lovely building.
    • Double Room - Annex

Delightful setting and a lovely building. Was in the annexe Room 40 which has a small patio - very pleasant on a warm evening. Housekeeping very good. Bed and pillows comfortable. Bathroom - squeaky clean with good shower and towels. Breakfast - poached eggs on request - perfectly done. Brownie point there. Breakfast offering overall good. Will definitely stay again if opportunity arises.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Excellent bar food and restaurant food.

Read above

Excellent bar food and restaurant food. Wonderful leafy location away from it all set in a lovely old building. Decor in rooms somewhat dated. Two remotes for an old analogue tv with a set top box was average. Particularly when so few stations were attainable. Hot and cold water very hard to manage in shower/bath.

The weather was warm but the room had no air conditioning.

The weather was warm but the room had no air conditioning. The temperature of the room made sleeping very difficult. They provided a very small fan but I would advise against staying there when it's hot.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The hotel is good bed very comfortable and location good .
    • Double Room - Annex

There is on thing that you should look into is that my husband has to eat gluten free food so that means he cant have breakfast or dinner which is a shame .

We both love the location of the hotel and the service is very good.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Such a shame ....

Very tired and unclean

What a shame, this hotel could be beautiful given its location and building. Sadly it is very tired and unclean. On arrival I had to request a room change due to what appeared to be make up on a pillow case and a very dusty room, with what I can only describe as grime on the telephone. The bar area furniture is worn and dirty, the gym very disappointing and the equipment covered in dust and apparent stains from previous use! All this said the food was resonable breakfast being lovely. The reception staff took time to see if I knew the hotel but possibly lacked that extra mile, and the bar staff, restaurant staff were great.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

nice venue & would recomd for a wedding party.

as bove

We stayed in room 39, bed was a small double which was a squash as my husband is 6ft 5in & 25 stone. Room was also very hot as we stayed on hottest day of year so far for a family wedding on 26/05/17.

Beautiful grounds. Annex needs to TLC
    • Double Room - Annex

I think the cost for a room not in the building itself was high as the room needed a bit of tlc and probably air conditioning. The room was hot even with windows open. The manor itself is beautiful and the grounds are lovely. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was fab but to pay £125 for a room that was not up to expectation it was a bit of a let down.

Breakfast was lovely.

Secluded hotel. Average quality
    • Double Room - Annex

Got locked in bathroom because handle was broken and had to wake the whole hotel up for help. Had to almost destroy the door.

Secluded but noisy due to wedding.

Lovely building and grounds, could do with some oomph...
    • Double Room - Annex

Only one person on reception so almost 10mins to check in despite there being no Q. Room 39 (in the annex) was small, no bedside lamp (it's on a desk out of arms reach...no good for bedtime reading!). TV use required fiddly arrangements with a digi box, bed was a very small double....

Setting lovely, breakfast great (I went to breakfast at 8:45 as I hadn't been told of a time range on check in and it suited me, only to find no scrambled eggs...no bother..within 5 mins an individual bowlful of scrambled arrived, courtesy chef!).

A truly memorable stay
    • Double Room - Main Building

The pillows were far thicker than what I'm used to, perhaps having some Thinner/different pillows in the rooms may help.

Everything in our room was in pristine condition, it was also full of surprises and extra details. The scenery was gorgeous from the view of our room and there wasn't an imperfection in sight. The staff were very helpful and welcoming to me and to all who came through the door, they're very eager to help you. Our bed was wonderful! I had an amazing nights sleep.

Frustrating.
    • Double Room - Annex

Standing around while staff have a chat,more than once, unable to get wifi, staff unhelpful , being put up in the outhouse when we were lead to believe we had booked the Manor, a room smaller than a holiday inn room,need I go on , not to be recommended.

Breakfast was very nice. Not much else.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Horrible experience

See above

Could have a bath or shower not working ... did mention this nothing offered .. asked if breakfast could've paid for yes it could but full for breakfast so no breakfast...arrived at 10 pm asked for the so called room service for a sandwich not available. So just water before bed !!!! What a horrible place to stay .. oh also we photographed and told the night mangered there where mice in the drawing room to which he open the garden door . We shall be writing to the owners with a full report plus pictures.

Peaceful location, quiet and clean hotel
    • Double Room - Annex

There were no contact numbers for room service so I ended up calling the hotel from my mobile to ask the RS contact number. I was rushing out at breakfast time and didn't have time for my full English so wanted to grab some fruit. Not much on offer unfortunately.

I was in the annex section and pleasantly surprised with my own private piece of garden, with a small terrace area to sit in. Very peaceful and quiet which is what you need after tackling the M25.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Nice location but the venue is very over priced for what you recieve, needs a good clean
    • Double Room - Annex

Pricing is for 4 star yet the out building we stayed at was that of 2 star, it needed a good dust and clean, although the bathroom was very good, the landing and hall way were of a poor standard. They should also ask the customer if they could take an extra £25 per person rather than just taking it as a matter of course, Thought this to be very rude and was not sure whether or not that was legal?

The surrounding scenery, it was beautiful

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Room was very nice and a good size, the staff where...
    • Double Room - Annex

The TV in the room didn't work very well, the curtains didn't close all of the way and it had big patio doors so the passers by could see in. The door lock didn't work properly so I had no key for the room and had to get the receptionist to let me in my room each time.

Room was very nice and a good size, the staff where excellent.

Browse Hartsfield Manor traveller photo gallery