Reviews of Hatters Liverpool 4 stars

Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, L3 5SD, United Kingdom

#58 of 73 hotels in Liverpool

Based on 3890 hostel reviews

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Shower door did not shut. I did not appreciate not being told that it was a mixed bedroom. The kitchen was very gloomy and dirty water was often on the floor.

Lovely big well lit bathroom . Staff were helpful except for one woman.

• Single Bed in 14-Bed Dormitory Room

nothing, a quick, helpful check in, I left my bag and was off to my gig...when returning later I had my chippie supper and up to kip....checking out was easy too, name and room number when returning the key

great location, I caught the bus from Readshaw Street (bottom of the road) to my gig out of the City centre; got breakfast in Wetherspoons and walked to the Coach Station for onward travel

• Single Bed in 14-Bed Dormitory Room

Room can be a little hot but nothing to big to complain.

It's my first time in an Hostel and I sincerely loved it, I hope all hostels are like this one, linen and shampoo/body wash included, all was clean and staff are friendly. They even have a suggested tour according your time with a nice big map so you can do it by yourself. Even wifi is good in the room.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Really central location, very clean and the most amazing staff. They managed to switch off an alarm in a nearby abandoned ex-industrial space which was on all night.

• Double Room - En Suite

Went for a coffee and the kitchen was a mess. The next morning it was clean and tidy as housekeeping was there.

The room and shower room were very clean. Bed comfortable and white linen looked fresh. White towel , soft.

• Twin Room - En Suite

You do have to remember its a hostel so its basic . You get what you pay for. Disappointed that the breakfast used to be included and now isn't eith the only option being a full cooked breakfast. Our friend who didn't eat breakfast wasn't allowed to come in and sit with us.

It was very clean with white linen and towels. Good location for both town and the Georgian quarter . The building itself is interesting. You can take your own drinks into the bar area but there's no bar as such . There s a communal kitchen that was messy the first day but clean in the second day - guess that depends on people clearing up behind themselves

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Bedroom was very small. Not enough plug sockets. Bathroom very dirty, shower didn't drain probably so became disgusting after a minute or two. Thick layer of dirt on base of shower. Very dusty floor behind beds.

Great location, nice communal areas.

• Double Room - En Suite

The only thing I didn’t like was wen I put my dirty towels outside my room they took them away but never replaced them with clean ones and wen I came in I went down to reception to get clean ones they were going to charge me for clean ones I went I don’t think so

I would recommend this place to everyone I know the staff are nice and friendly I would go back 🙂

Check in was chaos. Staff unhelpful and unable to deal with a busy premises. They rushed check in which meant our two-night stay was cut down to a one night stay on the system so locked out of our rooms on the first night. Although we were booked for two nights, they ended up double booking our room meaning we had to switch rooms on the second night. Checkout was a similar experience. As I was the lead booker, I asked to double check if everything was settled on check out and was told a blunt 'no'. This lack of assistance and attention to detail means I have now been over charged on my card by around £200. This means another few days of chasing them for repayment. By all means stay here but don't rely on the staff for anything!

Location was great for us as a party of friends. Easy access to Liverpool town centre.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I was staying for 3 nights there. Towels were changed, but I feel floor hasn't been cleaned every day.( It was quite dirty and dusty )

Location is amazing, everything around 15 mins max walk, nice garden area and big kitchen. Staff was very welcoming!:)

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

It’s not that comfortable and it has not a single locker in the rooms for your bags or luggage, so you just have to leave it there hoping that your roommates are kind enough to not steal anything.

It’s a big old building si it has that feel. The staff are really kind. Except for the house keeping manager who couldn’t wait 5 more minutes for the dryer.

• Single Bed in 14-Bed Dormitory Room

I have nothing I could improve at this point.

I cooked for myself, both breakfast and supper, the kitchen was clean, tidy and had everything I needed. The staff were friendly and helpful. I had trouble getting my keycard to work at the beginning, but they were all quick to show me how to use it correctly, and were very pleasant even when I must have been the hundredth clueless guest that day. The 8 bed female dorm was quiet, airy and with a good size toilet and shower room. I would definitely go there again when I am in Liverpool.

• Double Room - En Suite

Since my last stay the tea and coffee has vanished from the rooms ! The all inclusive continental breakfast has been replaced by a mediocre cooked breakfast costing £5.00. This doesn't match the photographs being used to promote the breakfast, which show fresh fruit and a big croissants. No real vegetarian options. Bring in the mushrooms and tomatoes!

Hatters is essentially a backpackers hostel that offers private en suite rooms. This was my second stay in the Liverpool hostel. It's a very relaxed place to stay. Facilities are basic but it is spotlessly clean and beds are reasonable. Staff and friendly and helpful. I had requested a room at the back, away from Street noise and I was given one that met my needs. It's a great location for the University and sight seeing in Liverpool. It's a good place for independent travellers and those of us who used to backpack in the 1970s ! Avoid weekends when it will probably be full of drunken stag parties. Rooms at the back overlook a derelict building site, but are quieter that the rooms on the road side.

• Single Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The shower was a bit of problem -- there was no way regulate water temperature and it was necessary to keep hitting the knob to maintain flow. There were two computers, but sadly neither was working.

The location was excellent, very close to the Roman Catholic Cathedral and Liverpool (Anglican) Cathedral and convenient to many fine restaurants and city center. It was very quiet, beds were comfortable, and self-cater kitchen was large and well-appointed.

• Single Bed in 14-Bed Dormitory Room

Many awful things: 1. the 14 bed dorm was shamefully dirty when I arrived and they never cleaned it during the 3 nights I stayed there, it was very stuffy/smelly and in the basement of the building. 2. when I booked it, the breakfast was included and it still showed it on my reservation, but the receptionists (not sorry at all) quickly dismissed me saying that now they charge 5 pounds for it, ignoring completely what was shown on my reservation (unbelievable!). 3. The bedside light was broken, the beds made creaking loud noises, there were no curtains and no privacy at all. 4. Another guest loudly snored and talked in the sleep for the whole night, which made it impossible for me to sleep (and I was even wearing earplugs), so I went to the reception and asked to be moved to another dorm, but they offered me to sleep on a couch in the kitchen area. So basically I paid 29 pounds per night for a dirty dorm with no breakfast, and even ended up sleeping on a couch. Sleeping on the street is probably a better option for the same quality of sleep and it saves you a lot of money!

Only the location. Anything else was awful.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Dorm Beds aren’t the most comfortable in the world, but the purpose of the stay wasn’t to get a 10 hour luxury sleep so that was fine

Its in a perfect location and reasonably proced

• Single Bed in 14-Bed Dormitory Room

The bed is the baddest I ever slept, the mattress sags in and I feel like I’m in the mattress. I can’t move my body! And also, because the window can’t open (the window is very high and I didn’t see anyone to open it), there is strange smell in the room. Compare to another hostel in Liverpool, this one is more expensive but worse experience.

Good location, Staffs here are very helpful and hostel also has kitchen&garden, private bathrooms and toilet

• Single Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Would stay here AGAIN.... but....when I went to the counter to check-inn, I had no entrance without paying with a creditcard. This was not mentioned by the booking. The woman behind the counter had no sympathy and did refuse me to sleep, althought I had a booking confirmed of 4 days. Lucky I had a friend who did the booking and she called with the hostel-manager and sended an e-mail with creditcard details, so later I could come back to stay. The woman who helped me at my first visit, didn't show for those days, but the other deskworker was excellent and very friendly.

The people with how I stayed in the room, where very quiet by coming home in the night, so it was no problem to be in a room with people you don't know. The Hostel is in a perfect place to visit City Center, excellent location. The hostel has everything you expect in a hostel. Would stay here again.

• Double Room - En Suite

It took half an hour for us to check in because we kept being given faulty key cards and there was only one person on reception who was checking in a large group. There really needs to be more staff as one person can’t deal with everything at once. The large group were a group of 32 young boys who were put in the rooms surrounding ours. They were shouting and slamming doors until around 3am and up making noise from 6am so we hardly got any sleep. I appreciate that the hostel can’t control guests’ behaviour, however perhaps they shouldn’t put other guests right next to a large group of kids. Probably just bad luck that we got that group next to us but wouldn’t pay £100 to stay there again.

The room was fine for a hostel- clean and the bathroom was nice and big. Great location for exploring Liverpool

• Single Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

We had 3 nights in the property over the champions league final weekend. The first 2 night were great as we were allowed out in the courtyard and drink and meet new people .... What staying in a hostel is all about. But in the champions league final night they wouldn't let anyone out in the courtyard.... Except a group of 4 girls. Not fair. The rooms were also roasting. Could do with air-conditioning.

The staff were excellent... Except the the security guard who wouldn't allow us out the back. The location was excellent. And the people we met was great.

• Twin Room - En Suite

Staffs attitude to our included breakfast. Tried to tell us it wasnt included and had to provide evidence inspite of booking before new policy was introduced

• Twin Room - En Suite

Thought we'd paid for breakfast but it was an extra £5 for a cooked breakfast. Even then unfriendly staff were unwilling to cook anymore at 9.40 despite breakfast being advertised until 1000hrs. We paid for breakfast elsewhere both mornings. Very basic rooms.

The only thing going for the property is a very good, central location. I won't be coming back any time soon.

• Double Room - En Suite

Your web-site indicates the price includes free breakfast, but we were told we would have to paid £5. When you have a group of students who though breakfast was included, were not very happy.

• Twin Room - En Suite

For the price of £238 for 2 people for 2 nights, Hatters was way overpriced. Luckily I had my email confirmation stating breakfast was included otherwise another £5pp for breakfast was required.

Staff were very helpful regarding my oversight of having no photo ID.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

It was advertised as having a breakfast included, but they insisted that was not the case. It had been advertised as having all female dorms, again untrue and I had to share with men. The bedding seemed clean but the mattress and quilt were filthy. I was bitten by something during the night which made me ill and had to seek medical attention, I am now on very strong antibiotics to help recover. People where allowed to run up and down the corridors shouting and banging on doors, this went on all night. Staff were unfriendly and unhelpful and very hostile. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. Nothing advertised for this booking was true. If this is the only place you could stay in Liverpool, then I would recommend not going to Liverpool.

Absolutely nothing.Staff spoke broken English or no English at all. Dirty, unsafe and very unfriendly.

• Double Room - En Suite

Price for the double room is way too much. Over 100 pounds for an old, small room that serious needs some painting is way too much for what you get. It was a bit dirty, with a strange smell in the bathroom.

Location is central, everything within walking distance.

When we arrived there was confusion over the payments, I had to show proof of payment

Low cost, if you want a cheap no frills type accommodation then this is fine, it was clean and tidy

• 4 Bed Private en-suite

The bedroom was awful. Definitely below our expectations and completely different from the pics showed on their website. The room was really dirty, too small and aesthetically unpleasant. Two bunk beds in a hole. Bad value for money.

The common area.

• Double Room - En Suite

No curtains/ blinds in bathroom. I felt very uncomfortable. Very thin walls, banging doors and noisy neighbors with screaming babies makes for poor sleep quality.

The cost and location . Also the bed was reasonably comfortable. Although the duvet cover was torn.

• Triple Room - En Suite

That breakfast was not included, and if we bought breakfast it was same price as everywhere else, but very poor standard. You has to pay for clean towels, and there was´t cleaning in room during our stay. The room was very little, so for 3 persons in 5 days it is below expectations and the standard, I have experienced at Hatters 2 years ago.

• Double Room - En Suite

Instead of charging £170 a night with no parking no breakfast...the view should be no more than £40 a night for the room no decor and tiny shower room....disgusting.

Disgusting for £170 a night was like a council estate from bedroom window.

• Twin Room - En Suite

The beds were quite uncomfortable and the price difference from one of the nights being £58 and the other being £145 was pretty ridiculous considering it was the exact same room and facilities both nights.

Location was good and near the centre of town so we could walk pretty much everywhere.

• Twin Room - En Suite

We would have appreciated being directed to/ told about the extra facilities like the kitchen and garden on check in. Some hooks on the door or wall in the room on which to hang coats and bags would have been helpful- 3 of us in a small space with belongings was a squeeze!

The beds were clean and comfy. The breakfast was delicious and unhurried even though staff were clearing up towards the end.

• Double Room - En Suite

Shower awful. No hair dryer. No iron. Bed uncomfortable woke up with bad neck. Loud people next door. Looked out onto a abondoned site with homeless people living in it.

Not a lot. Big bathroom

• Double Room - En Suite

On the Friday night it was very noisy with people coming in at all hours, running up and down, shouting at each other. The doors to the rooms were hard to open and very noisy.

I did not have breakfast. The room was adequate for the money. It was central to where I wanted to go.

• Double Room - En Suite

Very cold...heating only on for a short time and room freezing in UK Spring ...I’m guessing they extend heating in winter which must be baltic

Location is perfect, well priced, no frills but it’ll do!

• Single Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The bed was small and not enough lockers available to store all luggage and belongings.

Excellent location in the city center. Very nice and helpful staff

• Twin Room - En Suite

i didnt like being kept at reception for prof of idea ...as i uk person why would i be carrying my passport . as a vision impaired person i wouldnt have a drivers licence . i was having chest pain at the upset and my PA was getting angry at they couldnt see how ill stressed it was making me , as someone on a walking frame i think some respect would have been nice , serving the next person BEHIND ME WAS VERY RUDE AND UNCARING !!

bright sunny bathroom ...for 35 for twin room with loo and shower was great value

• 8 Bed Private en-suite

I had changed my card details and no sympathy received by host. Also, no where on booking dot com did it say the room must be paid in full as it was over 6 people....this coupled with an unhelpful member of staff at the host was so frustrating.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

no outlets close to the bed, poor free breakfast, faulty lock on the door, small lockers, no padlocks at the lockers (you must bring yours).

nice place, good position, nice garden, good price, lockers in the room, magnetic key card.

• 8 Bed Private en-suite

Everything, the place is a shambles.....the homeless people living down the street are living in cleaner conditions, the rooms are disgusting, the sheets are minging, the shower is a joke, the matress's on the bunks were about an inch thick making it almost impossible to sleep, the place needs shut down

Checking out

• Single Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

The staff here are not very friendly or helpful. A couple of staff seemed to argue over who was gonna check us in when we’d already been waiting at the empty counter for about 10 minutes. We also waited around for a walking tour that was supposed to start at the hostel and no one thought to mention it meets somewhere else now.

This hostel is great. Plenty of space in the dorms and well setup. The only thing missing is enough power sockets - all backpackers have devices to charge when they’re down for the night - this should be the minimum standard. Facilities are plentiful and well looked after.

• 4 Bed Private en-suite

The light in our bedroom was broken so we only had the light for the bathroom. We were only provided with one pillow and would have to pay for extra. Apple and Orange Juice machine didn’t work for breakfast.

Good value for money, quick trip and decent for the price. Breakfast was good especially being free. City centre so great location.

• Single Bed in 14-Bed Dormitory Room

Needed to buy a padlock to use lockers. The wifi kept disappearing on my phone. The usual hostel issues of lights left on and noise. Beds could benefit from a curtain for those who with to sleep. There were no plug sockets near my bed so was unable to leave phone on charge at night. The luggage room wasn't monitored at all so I worried about leaving my case on there.

Free breakfast was simple but substantial. Good value overall. Good location. Very clean. Nice decor. Staff helpful. Pleasant bar and restaurant in hostel.

• Twin Room - En Suite

They don’t enforce their own rules about ‘breach of the peace being a chargeable offence’ as no one gives a damn!

It was a great location and very close to the town which was walking distance. The only issue we had was that in the rooms on the back of the door, there was a very clear message stating breach of the peace would be a chargeable offence of £50. At 5am, we were woken up by our neighbours and their guests screaming and shouting in the halls/rooms. This went on for about 30 minutes and not once did anyone intervene. This thoroughly ruined our sleep.

• Double Room - En Suite

No heating, and the bathroom window wouldn’t shut I know it’s not Hatters fault but the view from the window was like a bomb site

The bed was comfy, you had to be down for breakfast at 7.30 to get the crossiants!

Can’t think of any.

It is perhaps the cleanest or at least one of the cleanest hostels I have ever stayed in. The bathroom are well maintained and I could see that the staff take pride in their job and I am so extremely pleased with my choice of hostel. Excellent location. Walking distance to Lime St station. Near to a number of good and reasonably priced food outlets which are opened till wee hours in the morning. Wifi connection is very good.

• Double Room - En Suite

It was extremely noisy on the first night. Some heavy drunk and aggressive people roamed half of the night in the corridor and nobody cared about this. The hostel has a very strange luggage policy - it is permitted to live one's bags only until 6 PM.

The hotel is located in an old beautiful building. The beds are very comfortable and the free breakfast was good. The location is perfect, very close to the main attractions and the pub district.

• Double Room - En Suite

Well it was a wet day with the weather so I went to put my coat on the radiator and i think it would still be there drying as the radiator didn’t work (I thought it might be on a timer) lol If you want a good night sleep take a face mask and ear plugs as it doesn’t quieten down by the room till they go for breakfast

Only managed to get a coffee as everything else had been eaten by the time me and the wife got down at 7 . 45 (asked member of staff is there any more) and at 8.30 still none so we decided to check out

• Single Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

Overall I liked everything! The staff was polite, the rooms and common areas were quite big and the breakfast was ok for the price of the hostel! The bed wasn't that cofortable for me but i when you are tired you will definitly be able to sleep. A big positive thing about the hostel was its location - in the city center.

• 6 Bed Private en-suite

bar was closed on our visit but not important when with children

The way we were welcomed and made to feel welcome was a real bonus after a long day with the children . The children were made more than welcome and the beds clean warm and comfortable. breakfast although we were running late the staff went out of their way to make sure the children and myself were well fed . great value outstanding service

• Single Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

Bar was almost always empty besides breakfast, some staff didn’t seem interested at all, on the last night my floor smelt unbearably bad, bed was so noisy every time I moved.

Easy access and booking, included breakfast and wifi, one of the girl staff was absolutely lovely and really helpful.

• Double Room - En Suite

The room decor was tired with plaster starting to peel of the wall. Needs a bit of TLC in places.

Location is excellent close to Liverpool town centre. The Continental Breakfast is good value. Hatters has an nice quirky feel in a character building.

• Twin Room - En Suite

The dorm room for 4 was unbelievably cramped, dirty and old...greatly in need of a refurb. The bed linen was clean however. Okay...between 4 people we only paid an average of £35 pp per night each, but to charge £140 per night for that room is a joke.

Decent location. Cheap parking opposite.

• Single Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The shower's some not working and a bit warm the morning but the day or evening's no problem with shower.

I liked this hostel, Staff were very friendly and nice. Breakfast's good. the bed was comfortable. I would like to go there again.

• Double Room - En Suite

Breakfast could have been served until 10.30-11 as we didn’t have chance to try the breakfast as it was very early for us.

The overal atmosphere was lovely, felt comfortable and safe. The room was a good size with a nice view!

• Single Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

I had a great week at Hatters. Very good location, clean and confortable rooms, I always used the kitchen where I met sweet people. Thanks to Manuel, who gave me very good advice on the city and to make my stay even better !

• Single Bed in 14-Bed Dormitory Room

Full with drunk people during the weekend. Someone spilled beer all over my bedroom floor, told the staff at front-desk, he said he could do nothing. Few choices on breakfast and the juice dispenser was always broken. There’s a lift but it doesn’t reach every floor especially the one I stayed at. I’m allergic to cat but there’re 2 cute cats there, pet them anyway. It costs you to leave luggage.

I love the location that is close to the station and bus stops. Tesco express is just minute away, and you can use the hostel kitchen. Town is in walking distance.

• Double Room - En Suite

It was very much a hostel as it was slightly rough round the edges with the doors being so creamy they woke me up as close to my room and having things like slightly scratched paint and wardrobes and desk

I’m a wheelchair user so need a very accessible room and when I first opened my room it was a oh no moment cause it wasn’t right for me I couldn’t get to the bathroom or anything the woman at the desk straightaway found a accessible room that was perfect! It was quirky and fabulous!

as above

Breakfast and localisation was ok.. but my brother who was with me had problem with the other guests - drinking in the room... and it was not fair .. I liked it .. although my neighburs were also a little noisy after the night .. (maybe ear plugs should be in the price included ):)))

• 4 Bed Private en-suite

Very small sleeping room with bunk beds, but fine if you are just sleeping there. No car park but have a all day multi-storey car park over road.

Very cheap accommodation. Staff very friendly and helpful, my daughter took ill and they were very helpful in locating and directing me to a walk in centre. All the facilities you need. Washer, drier, iron. Free hot drinks throughout the stay. Pool table. Nicely decorated.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The only thing I disliked was the shower room and bathroom in the room - doors did not go all the way down to the floor so no privacy and no hangers in the shower - they could do with some refurbishment.

Loved this hostel! The Victorian building is amazing, like stepping back in time. Excellent location right in the city centre and within walking distance to everywhere. Included breakfast was a wonderful surprise (I did not notice Booking informing of it been included) and, although the breakfast room was super busy, breakfast selection was very fair.

Bed needs a new mattress. Fire alarm went off, management of procedure was haphazard and quite worrying. Nobody seemed to know what they were supposed to do.great location, great staff

Easygoing atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff.

• 4 Bed Private en-suite

The 2 showers in our room where not the best. Other than though everything else was fine

Was basic but had everything we needed. Beds are comfy and had a great sleep

• Single Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

I stayed in Hatters for one night on a weekday. Good location, friendly staff, storage room for luggage was ideal, bed was comfortable, very good value for money, breakfast facilities were available and looked good too. Would recommend to a friend and would stay here again.

• Single Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

There was no bar even though they advertised that they had a bar, the room was dirty, the mattress was the worst I have ever slept on, limited power sockets in the room to charge phones, staff weren't very helpful regarding local recommendations.

Location, check out time

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Room mate kept waking me up by shaking the bed every time I fell asleep, until I moved into another bed. Some people need to learn more about hostel life before staying in one.

Convenient location, good price, suited my needs for the visit.

• Twin Room - En Suite

The girl with blonde hair on reception wouldn’t check us in early (5 hours until check in) even thou we had an early flight & I requested it, after another girl with braces seen us on the chairs half asleep she checked us in after an hour of waiting thank god. shower head was broke, the staff just nocked and opened our room door without waiting after nocking? I could have been getting dressed and he just opened the door? needs more plug sockets, cetipied on the floor crawled on a towel we had left down in the floor at the shower :o !

So central !!

• Twin Room - En Suite

The property was lovely, staff was outstanding and very nice, made us feel very welcome and it was very good value for money, room was clean and bed was so comfortable, free tea and coffee there wasn't a single thing wrong with this place loved it!

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I booked a female dorm but was told that they didn’t have any female dorms

It was cheap and when there was a mix up with my room they made sure I was given toast and jam by the night staff at 4am

• Single Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

Dormitories- I know it is very cheap but as my first hostel experience in a city I did not know what to expect. For me it looked like a prison. I was cold in the night too because of the quilt.

Breakfast and the communal areas.

• Twin Room - En Suite

Our shower didn’t work so had to use a shared one, we also had a member of staff come in our room no notice or knock at 10 am and at 11.02 am we had staff rushing us out our room checkout was 11? Also the staff did not seem interested in you and were rude.

Hotel was cleaning and really close to everything.

• Single Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

I wish breakfast was optional, it was super basic, but because it was included in the price you felt inclined to have some. Would have been better off spending a £3 in a shop. Also, the ensuite bathroom in room 020 needs redecoration asap, the lock on the toilet door is broken and it takes ages for the hot water to come in the shower (it will though, be patient!).

The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The bed was clean and fairly comfy I must say. The kitchen is fully equipped and looks new (no oven). The location is amazing, you are right in the city centre!

• Single Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Great Experience. Perfect location. You can easily walk to everywhere over Liverpool. Staff are great and welcoming. Hostel is so clean. The hostel looks like a fancy castle from the inside which gives a great feeling. Small accessible garden to relax and enjoy a smoke or a drink or to have a little chat with friends. Free breakfast. Great value for money. Luggage room to keep your luggage if you arrive before check-in time. Would definitely stay there again.

• 4 Bed Private en-suite

We were four in a room and didn't have much space where to move around. Beds are not comfortable since we could feel the mattress springs in our back when lying down.

Being very close to the centre is a very positive thing. Very good breakfast and helpful staff.

Browse Hatters Liverpool traveller photo gallery