Reviews of Heatherbank B&B

9 Church Hill, Camberley, GU15 2HA, United Kingdom

#4 of 11 hotels in Camberley

Based on 182 B&B reviews

Lovely, comfy interesting place thats close to Camberly and has bags of character.
    • Twin Room with Bathroom

Being told that my Diet needs were deemed Disgusting, and as being an athlete I was told. "Oh you're one of those are you". But i get this a lot from the normals, so am used to it. But on the flip side we were given some massive Marrows and my partner hung out with the owners and had a great time. Mum said the food was good too, it was a shame I couldnt partake this time. But next time I will.

The entrance was fabulous. Large ornate plants, wood carvings and a building that looked like it belongs in a movie. Absolutely stunning, lots of friendly animals running around and was impressed by the mass of exotic plants.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Heatherbank

Nothing to not like

Everything. Very nice house! Lots of character and friendly, welcoming atmosphere. Walking distance to town. Perfect location for our needs

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Quirky - but breakfast was good!
    • Twin Room with Bathroom

There were echoes of the seaside boarding houses of old - notices everywhere requiring you to take your shoes off at the front door, turn the taps off fully, don't put anything in the loo etc! And I think it would be well to make clear that there are free-roaming (though inoffensive) animals around. My granddaughter is scared of dogs, for example, and we were not aware of them until we arrived. And I'm not too sure about the implications of someone sitting at the breakfast table with a full-grown parrot on his shoulder!

Very clean, comfortable bed, items in room replenished regularly. Very good breakfast and useful off-road parking. Friendly hosts.

Beautiful grounds and rooms

Friendly owner and beautiful home and grounds. 6 minute walk to town centre where you can find some lovely pubs and places to eat. Beds very comfy, had a lovely sleep.

Good stay met my needs

I was somewhat alarmed at sharing my breakfast with other guests at the same table but, for many years, I haven’t been at ‘boarding’ lodgings!

comfortable bed excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Heathbank B&B

Parking and entrance could have been clearer in the dark. While understanding the rule about no shoes, some warning at booking would have been appreciated.

Large room with lots of space, bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. Good choice of items to eat and full English was cooked to perfection. Accommodation was clean and well presented.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Excellent in every respect
    • Twin Room with Bathroom

Directions via sat nav to the property.

On site parking. Friendly host. Comfortable and clean room. Excellent breakfast. Walking distance to Camberley.

An unusual but endearing stay.

Having to wear their slippers !

The hostess was most welcoming,and if you like animals this is the place for you. Very sweet dogs,and 3 cats,only two of which we espied. Breakfast was hearty and good. The garden is somewhat wild,but a joy. The TV in our room was a monster,about 54 inches or something like ? The only downside was the lack of interesting eating places ,nearby.

Great B&B and ideally located if staying over for the Farnborough Airshow

Although I did not have an issue with parking it was apparent that If all persons staying have a vehicle you may need to park on the road opposite, but this is very easy and still very close to the house so should not cause any difficulties.

Although it was a shared bathroom it was only with one other person and I had no issues with access and it was always clean. The room was a great size with lovely large windows looking out onto the garden.

Loved it!😀

I was able to park ok but I can see that parking could become an issue at times.

Lovely hosts. Quirky building with furniture fitting to its age.Excellent breakfast.

Very convenient to leave the car and go by train to Royal Ascot and recover overnight afterwards.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Finding the entrance from the road is quite tricky. The building is round the back with no road frontage. At breakfast time we had 2 dogs running about and a parrot on the back of a chair, which wouldn't suit everyone.

The location was good for transport connecting. The rail station in Camberley for going to Ascot racecourse is just 8 minutes walk. The bedroom was spacious and clean, the breakfast excellent.

Fantastic, quirky, friendly, little B&B with incredibly welcoming owners. I recommend!

Mary, the owner, absolutely made our trip, she was so welcoming, friendly and bubbly. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful, and nothing was too much to ask. Her animals are all very sweet. The important thing to remember is this is not a hotel, it's a couples home, which is also their business, and should be regarded as such. We had a very comfortable stay, and will definitely be coming back again for Ascot next summer. A real home away from home. We loved it.

A very comfortable stay and the proprietors were very nice.

We liked everything, the only improvement would be an en suite bathroom.

Character, not ultra modern. No en suite. however bathroom is dedicated to the room, and it was very large. There were some “ beasties” around which We really liked. Basically a parrot and a wee dog, very cute but obviously, probably not to everyone’s taste. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. All in all very pleasant, and relaxed.

Basic but perfectly adequate. Quirky, comfortable and quiet. Good food and no fuss.

Quirky, original and refreshingly different. Had everything I needed and didn't bother with the unnecessary. No fuss just good basic comfortable accommodation and a lovely breakfast.

I had a few surprises, but overall I would go again, because I was comfortable and B&B was only £50.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The property is on a busy, though pleasant, tree-lined road. I had a little trouble at first with the on site parking, because the owner's husband runs a gardening business from the same address. It also seemed I could only check in between certain hours, whereas I was of course expecting an open door and a manned reception desk. There were animals around, but they were friendly.

My single room was absolutely fine for my one night stay, and breakfast was fine - I was asked what i wanted and she cooked it. Lovely to be able to walk easily into the shops. It's an old characterful house in established, though haphazard gardens, which also seemed to offer self catering flats, unless I misunderstood the signing at the entrance.

Friendly great location and breakfast
    • Twin Room with Bathroom

Great location to walk to local pub for food and great location for Sandhurst where we were visiting owners friendly and chatty and lots of pets

A straightforward B&B, but a comfortable, welcoming and good value stay

The property is not very easy to find even using the complete address in a sat nav It needs a big sign at the top of the drive (if local planning regulations will allow). I am quite tall and the quilt on the bed was not really big enough, leaving my feet sticking out if I moved. The TV was old and no radio that I could find. Didn't really bother me for the time I was in the room, but may be minus point if it's important to you. My room was not en-suite. It's a long time since I stayed in a place where I had to share a bathroom. I hadn't picked up on that when I booked, but reviewing the information when I got back, it is there, I had just missed it. The shared bathroom is, however, very good with a nice deep bath. I will take a dressing gown the next time I go!

Friendly welcome and shown to my room, which was large and furnished with separates, non-matching, but everything one needs (caveated by my negative comments). Slightly eccentric could be a description of the property, which is a large rambling house, with a free roaming cat in addition to a dog and parrot. Good sized, attractive garden with amazing carved trees. The bed was comfortable, although I would have preferred a bigger quilt. Breakfast is communal, all around one table, which worked well, but you may not like if you prefer individual tables. Usual selection of fare (no porridge), well cooked and presented, with the bonus of excellent home-made marmalade. I have stayed B&B many times in hotels in the Camberley area and I wish that I had found Heatherbank before. However, if I were staying with my wife, I would have to go for the en-suite room, although that is twin rather than double.

Easy to check in, very accommodating and a great nights sleep
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Lovely property. Very well maintained with a beautiful bathroom and a clean, tidy room. Lovely selection of teas/coffees etc in the room and a very nice area. Mary was very accommodating with regard to an early breakfast and very friendly.

A marvellous experience
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The vehicle access needs trimming back a little to improve visibility

The owners are wonderful. A home from home. Lovely atmosphere and check out the amazing sculpture from a tree in the back garden.

kind people, but place is too old and need to be refreshed

The rooms are not well isolated and as a result, you have cold air entering everywhere. You also have the very strong noise of the busy road from 6 am. This needs double glazing. The beds are small and the blanket super small. Finally, the shower did not work on the second morning. Despite all the kindness of the host, this cannot lead to a good review.

Nice person running the place, it is clean. good breakfast

Good for short stays.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Although my single room was a good size the radiators where very small and where only Luke warm. So the room was quite cold most of the time.

cooked breakfast was hot and tasty.

nice breakfast but people skills and common sence needs to be applied by owners......

booked on business card and funds only transferred on day of travel, owner told me I had broken the law and committed an offence with booking with no funds on card "complete nonsense" but she still took the funds on the day, its not really great customer service when they try to embarrass the customer after 30 seconds of meeting them, the gate has to be opened/closed every single time you access the property, I caught my fingers on it once and my daughter caught hers on it twice.... electric gates cost less than a grand to install a motor, damp on ceilings and taking your shoes off anytime you access the property is a pain, carpet shampooing or darker carpets are a obvious option,

nice breakfast, nice dog in the property, decent shower and bath "shared"

Weirdest BnB ever. Animals galore including a parrot.

Signs and notices all over the house and room with details of rules. Owner not especially friendly or welcoming.

Good breakfast, handy for Camberley.

John and Mary are fab. I'd recommend Heatherbank to anyone. I may be returning there next year.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom. Also, the internet was a little slow when I was there.

It is a great place to stay. Perfect location - very centrally and easy to find. Incredibly helpful Mary and John. The pets - super cute, especially Toby - the dog. Great reasonable price and yummy breakfast with a choice for vegetarian.

Nice short stay and a good location, close to town.

We booked it through the website and it told us it was B&B, however once confirmed the website then told us it wasn't. It was the websites fault not the house owner.

The home owner was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Very poor accommodation, no facilities, over priced.
    • Single Apartment

Poorly furnished, everything needed maintenance, even front door. Take off shoes in entrance doorway, even though owners dogs and cats can run in and out and run around in our room. Towel change or room cleaning or bed linen was an extra charge (very expensive). No breakfast was available to us, during our stay of one week in August 2017.

Brilliant

Extremely Clean very large room and bathroom, and absolute lovely surroundings

We didn't have food, the room and facilities were excellent could not fault it. Thank you Mary xx

A lovely and characterful B&B
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

A lovely and characterful B&B within walking distance from Camberley's main train station. I had a spacious and comfortable single room where I got a good night's sleep, and the tasty 'Full English Breakfast' in the morning was a good starter to the day. The whole place has a homely feel to it which made me feel welcome and comfortable. I enjoyed my one-night stay and would stop here again.

Home from home

Would prefer ensue but never had problem about using shared facilities. Always available when I needed them.

Very friendly owner. Good breakfast plenty of choice. Comfortable beds. Like home from home. Good lication would book again.

Inexpensive but not a good value.

There was no elevator to our room on the second floor so getting our luggage to our room was a challenge. The toilet was broken and the hot water in the shower ran out. There was a switch at the electrical outlet to power the TV but no related instructions. There was no air conditioning and it was hot in the room.

The owner was pleasant and polite and the landscaping was attractive.

Pleaseant B&B with amusing parrot!

Had forgotten we didn't have en-suite, but shared bathroom wasn't too much of a problem.

Welcoming hostess, sizeable room with enormous TV & comfy chairs too. Interesting to have the parrot join us for breakfast!

Lovely friendly B&B with some quirky features and very welcoming hosts

Just the fact that it wasn't ensuite but that was clear from the advertising

The facilities were fine and a lovely big room, just that it wasn't ensuite although, for us this time it didn't really matter as the person sharing our bathroom left at 7am each morning!

Bed was comfortable
    • Single Apartment

No breakfast provided in a bed and breakfast? Owner was not helpful. Bins not emptied 3 days. Towels damp 3 days. Not permitted to wear shoes inside. Signs everywhere treating us as children. Poor experience.

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Friendly, well-run B&B with a lovely breakfast.

Whilst the bathroom was overall very clean, there was noticeable mould on the shower-head and in the shower cubicle.

Friendly owner, clean room, nice bedding, very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Nice and friendly hospitality. Good place for short or long stay

The bathroom is equipped well but outside the room.

Lovely hospitality by the family owns and run the b&b. Nice English breakfast. Good size room. The bathroom is equipped well but outside the room

Better than a hotel!

Comfy bed, tea/coffee facility in the room always topped up, complimentary sweets and biscuits! lovely owner,very comfy and relaxed, beautiful house

A fantastically quirky bed and breakfast!

We loved how unusual the bed and breakfast was. It was a beautiful home in stunning surroundings and the owners were very friendly and welcoming. As animal lovers, we thoroughly enjoyed being around the cats, dog and parrot!

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

The breakfast is fantastic.

No real warmth from the owner who came across very terse from arriving to providing breakfast .. Wardrobe mirrors were full of dust . Bath was not clean . I disagree with the owners dog being at the breakfast table . But , that's just my opinion. Be ready to take your shoes off several times ( but slippers are provided) 🙄 which ,as opening the gate and closing the gate to the property become very annoying . Not for us. But for Camberley I would say 1* but add an extra fort the breakfast !

The breakfast is fantastic.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Good surrounding private garden , nice to be woken with bird song.

Splash marks on wall near toilet , original windows in poor condition and unable to close properly but has sliding secondary glass but drafts.

Bed was very comfortable.

A little gem of a B&B
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Slightly difficult to find when you drive past first time but take it slow, you'll find it.

This is truly a little gem of a B&B and you really are made to feel most welcome. This is an old converted very large house and the bedroom and bathroom were very spacious and comfortable. The pet 'collection' is unbelievable. This is a B&B with it's own unique personality with owners to match. After a stay here, I went to work in the morning (late!) with a spring in my step. Thank you for a lovely stay in a unique B&B that is anything but the bland, faceless run-of-the-mill hotels that I normally stay in. Thank you !

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Short but sweet stay:)

There was a Small chawawa dog that came next to my seat whilst having breakfast, this was uncomfortable for me, although he/she was cute.

The Room was Lovely with a Tray of Goodies. I was SO pleased to see the little sweets were Vegetarians/ Halal! Well done:)!

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Beautiful house with a lot of character

It was just a little bit too much of mix with the private stuff of owners - but then it could be an advantage for many travelers as it is indeed a very nice house. Also, I did not realise at the time of the booking that bathroom facilities are shared, however the bathroom are big and beautiful.

Beatiful house with a lot of character, big rooms, really good quality bedding and duvet. Free WiFi.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Great budget stop near the M3
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Signage off the main road is very poor at night but a quick phone call put me right.

This B&B has a dog and cat to which I am dangerously allergic. With no fuss I was upgraded at no extra charge to a pet free part of the house. Friendly and considerate management really did save the night -thanks. Breakfast at communal table was good and entertaining. Good value stop.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Outstanding place.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

If you're there for the Sovereign's Parade at Sandhurst, you're in for quite a walk.

It was clean, warm, and very homely. Mary was so very welcoming and accommodating. It was a very comfortable stay.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Lovely comfy stay in beautiful old house

Being next to the breakfast room and near the dogs cage wasn't ideal as I was woken up by talking and a squeaky dog toy outside my door in the morning but I was getting up earlyish anyway so not a huge issue.

Very friendly couple who run it with a lovely little dog and 2 friendly cats (I'm animal mad so this was a bonus!). Comfy bed and nice breakfast in the morning.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

lovely stay, made welcome and nothing to much trouble, the...

lovely stay, made welcome and nothing to much trouble, the breakfast was perfect, very good value for money, a great atmosphere and a relaxing place to stay.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Lovely Victorian house.

Lovely Victorian house...comfortable rooms and furniture...fine breakfast

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Close to where I needed to go!

Close to where I needed to go!

Good value.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Couldn't open the window in my room which was very stuffy.

excellent breakfast

Excellent place to stay

Rooms are very spacious and clean...and the hosts very excellent nothing was ever a problem

A good place & nice people.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

A good place & nice people.

Ideal short stay B&B suiting our requirments.
    • Twin Room with Bathroom

Fairly noisy from traffic.

Nice friendly owners -- good food -- interesting quirky property.

The staff were so friendly.

The staff were so friendly. Really looked after us.

Would love to return

Breakfast excellent. Beautiful house. Easy to find from train station Spotless rooms

Happy

Not keen on sharing facilities, but accepted that for the price charged.

I liked the friendly family atmosphere and the proximity to the town

Definitely an interesting find!!

The hospitality, the breakfast and the menagerie !!

Clean and spacious room

Clean and spacious room

Quirky

Hard to see off busy road,tight parking spots.

Well maintained and quaint,

Good comfortable stay
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Good breakfast, friendly welcome. Nice and close to camberley central

It was a lovely well run B&B
    • Twin Room with Bathroom

There was nothing I didn't like

It was a lovely well run B&B

Fab B&B for great price

Nothing x

Friendly people, beautiful gardens, lovely house. Good price, fab breakfast!

A very pretty B&B

The room I stayed in had a separate WC and shower room which was communal.

The property was quirky and pretty and very well kept.

Breakfast with a parrot on the owner’s shoulder was a first.

Room was not en-suite but then it wasn’t claimed to be.

Breakfast with a parrot on the owner’s shoulder was a first.

Good

Bed is squeaky

Great place to Stay, John and Mary were lovely.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Great place to Stay, John and Mary were lovely. Great breakfast though I over shot it 2 of my three days there. Recommend it

Thanks very much its was a good weekend.

Parking needs improving

Location is perfect as the area is quiet with a fantastic view of trees and sound of nature.

Cosy room.

Cosy room. Excellent English breakfast and lots of options to choose from.

Our stay was for one night only, good nights sleep.

Attending a friends birthday celebration close to Heatherbank, pleased with location and accommodation.

Lovely place to stay, big room. Staff was friendly!

Bathroom was outside, but it was a lovely bathroom

Room was lovely and big

Enjoyable

Having to share a bathroom

Homely place

Great place would recommend

Great little place good location fab staff x

Clean and tidy, nice breakfast but hard to find (even for local taxi drivers)

Being asked to remove your shoes at the door. Sharing a breakfast table with 5 other people. No en- suite facilities!

Nothing stands out

nice and warm

front door is not so obvious while driving by

room is clean and tidy

A great place. Would like to go back.

Bed very comfortable. Hosts very welcoming. A lovely experience