Reviews of Hillview Lodge 3 stars

33 Newtownhamilton Road, Armagh, BT60 2PL, United Kingdom

#6 of 10 hotels in Armagh

Based on 157 B&B reviews

Really kind staff

The room is just under the roof, could be so hot in summer

Really kind staff Confortable room Fridge in the room Good shower Nice views from the breakfast room Good breakfast (freshly cooked, fruit, juice...) 5 minutes driving from Armagh

Had the best time ever, it was like home away from home - terrific host.

Everything was excellent.

10/10 Room was large including large ensuite, breakfast beautifully cooked, location excellent to make as base as everywhere was within driving distance, including 1hr 20 min to Dublin. Host was excellent, also had access to washer and dryer which was handy as we stayed for a week. Also had access if wished to the golf driving range on property. Lots of parking. Felt like home away from home. Beautiful country views with 5 mins to shopping town. Would highly recommend this property.

Comfortable clean and warm

Very happy with the place, clean and warm and comfortable, owners were very friendly and helpful, would def go back and would recommend no hesitation at all

Really enjoyed my stay

Everything area was good

The welcome and hospitality were really excellent. Breakfast was delicious-well cooked and presented. The choice of food was amazing.

Fabulous!!

The staff were exceptionally nice wel coming and accommodating. The facilities were great and the breakfast delicious. Could not fault it and would highly recommend staying here.

Full of Irish hospitality and comfort

Fabulous welcome , owner helped me bring my things from the car even though I arrived almost an hour after the latest check in, plenty of parking, as I was arriving late I was allocated the disabled room at the front of the property so I wouldn't disturb anyone, the room had two double beds in, huge bathroom, very nice furnishings. The breakfast was fabulous , the owners couldn't do enough for you, great selection of breads , pastries, cereal, followed by a wonderful made to order Irish breakfast , Friendly, affordable,

Would recommend this place to family, singles or couples alike.

Gary was extremely friendly and couldn’t have been more helpful with directions etc. Breakfast was fresh and tasty with the added bonus of real tea ina teapot with real milk in a jug.

Everything!

Nothing. Everything was perfect!!!

Everything!! Just a super place to stay. Freedom to come and go. Very comfortable and clean. Close to Armagh. Breakfast was excellent. Owner Gary, a super guy. He couldn't do enough for us. Thanks so much. We will be back for sure.

A home from home.

Nothing - everything we needed was there.

The room was cosy and spacious and the owner made us feel so welcome by encouraging us to linger over breakfast which was freshly prepared and very tasty. The view from the room and the sitting areas was so relaxing.

Orchard county delight

Gary is a superb host and makes the best eggs for breakfast ever!! (His own, free range). Excellent location to visit the sights in Armagh City and also easy access to Belfast and Dublin

Fantastic place.

Fantastic place. Gary was just great. My car wouldn't start on a frosty morning, Gary went and for some jump leads and got it going. I will most definitely be returning to Hillview in a few weeks.

Great pleasure to sleep at so nice places :)

I would highly recomend this hotel to travelling businessman or families with children. Very nice people happy to help in every minute from your arrival to departure. Rooms are very clean, big and comfortable. Breakfast on your wish, FRESH EGGS :) I will definately come back :)

Armagh City Marathon Stay!

The owners are naturally friendly and chatty. They were also very accomodating and went beyond what I would expect to make our stay more enjoyable liek leaving some food out for early departure on 2 mornings and lifts. Their recommendations for evening meals were also spot on. I would definitely go back. It is about 1.5 miles from Armagh City but Taxis are plentiful and cheap and owners very helpful too. Recommend!

Beautiful B&B

Nothing comes to mind.

I was made to feel very welcome from the moment I arrived by the lovely chap who checked me in. The B&B is spacious, clean and comfortable and I enjoyed my breakfast, with lovely views out of the dining room.

Wonderful

The only thing we didn't like was that we had only booked one night and had to move on to another area

Everything about this property was beyond our expectations

I would recommend it to anybody.

nothing there I didn't like.

nothing was too much trouble if you needed anything it was there without any problem . except for jump leads lol. as my car wouldn't start the morning I left.. I knocked the door before 7.30 to ask for help and. they tried everything that could be done to start the car . would definitely go back again when visiting. lovely people , guest house and food .

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Pippa and Glenn were very friendly and hospitable and even...

My room felt like a generic motel room, with little character. The pillows were flat and not very soft, and the bed overall was nothing special. I would have preferred a duvet rather than an oversheet with a couple of blankets, as these never stay together all night, and the blankets are not great for allergy sufferers. A few more toiletry amenities would have been nice, at least a box of tissues and some sort of bath gel or soap for the shower (there was a dispenser, but it was empty, so I used the hand soap from beside the sink).

Pippa and Glenn were very friendly and hospitable and even did my laundry for me for free, which I really appreciated. Five stars to them for going the extra mile by providing that service. The location was nice and quiet, just outside Armagh overlooking a golf course. Parking was easy and the wifi was good. Unlike many B&Bs they take credit cards (although I ended up paying cash anyway because I'd exchanged too much local currency). Breakfast was decent.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Everything about my stay was great!

NOTHING!

Everything about my stay was great! The owners were warm, friendly, accommodating yet left you independent of conversation and interaction when desired - an amazing intuition to the lodger' needs. I have never stayed in such a clean and comfortable place! The expensive hotels could not compete with the cleanliness or warm friendly atomosphere! I love walking and this facility is a beautiful 1km + walk to town where I could relax with a lovely meal, glass of wi e and savor my trip experiences. This place will be the envy of the B&B world as these young owners grow this business! Lovely!

Lovely place and lovely people with an excellant breakfast to go with it

A very warm family run business that makes you at home straight away. They could not have been anymore helpful and would recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the Armagh area.

Staff were incredibly welcoming and were very...

Staff were incredibly welcoming and were very flexible/supportive such as being willing to let me have an earlier breakfast and even giving me a lift into the city centre. A fantastic breakfast as well!!

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Very enjoyable stay at Hillview Lodge.

It would have been very helpful if we had been given directions to the B&B as we had some difficulty finding it in the dark.

The breakfast was delicious, cooked exactly how we asked.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Wonderful

Warm welcome by very friendly wonderful hosts. Good location, serene and quiet, lovely views, plenty of free parking. Hearty breakfast with beautiful sunrise views. Clean comfortable warm and large rooms. A bar fridge was even provided. What more could one ask for? My second time staying at Hillview Lodge and will again the next time in Armagh. Wishing every success to Glenn and Pepe.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Great out-of-town situation.

Wide views also imply very windy when it blows. Need to be careful with doors.

Very friendly reception; room with plenty of space and storage. Good breakfast. Wide views over golf range and countryside.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Brilliant choice for overnight stay.

Bed comfy, shower brilliant. Pippa and Glen made us very welcome. Supplied Gluten free for breakfast, very much appreciated. Would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Special accommodation with a great view

The managers were excellent. Their attention to every detail was perfect We would love to stay here again. Great local knowledge and good dining reccommendations close by.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Hill view Highly Recommended

We liked everything about our stay here. The owners couldn't do enough to ensure our comfort and enjoyment during our stay. I'm a vegan and my partner's a veggie; we were treated to a fry up with Linda McCartney sausages. I couldn't ask for more. We'll definitely be back. Thanks again 😃

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Superb Irish Charm

The hosts Alice & Dermont are very friendly, welcoming and shared a wealth of knowledge about the area. The lodge sits pretty in sweeping 360 degrees views over crop-filled fields and grazing livestock. So, so relaxing! The rooms are comfortable, very clean with traditional decor. Plus, you wake up to breakfast made with fresh, local produce: delicious... The owners went out of their way to make us feel welcome, even cooking us breakfast when we needed to leave a little early. We would not hesitate to recommend staying when visiting Armagh. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Quiet B&B 5 minutes outside Armagh.

Very quiet location. Welcoming hosts. Golf driving range to rear - basically a field enclosed with high nets, but totally unused while I was there. Excellent full breakfast served.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Extraordinarily friendly owners, and a great base for a wide area

The owners were so friendly! They went the extra mile and beyond - when we were setting off to walk into town (about 2 miles), Glen immediately offered us a lift, and even offered to pick us up after our evening out

Warm hospitality!

The owner was warm, friendly and a great hostess. Her breakfast was fantastic!

Close to both country and the city

This is about a mile from the city centre with nice views of the surrounding countryside

Great friendly b and b staff were amazing room as perfect...
    • Family Room

Great friendly b and b staff were amazing room as perfect and the food was lovely

Central to our destination clean friendly

Central to our destination clean friendly

Perfect

Highly recommended

The host was extremely helpful and friendly. Given a choice of rooms. Great breakfast. Lovely views from dining room area. Spotlessly clean.

Very quiet and the owner couldn't do enough for us even...

Very quiet and the owner couldn't do enough for us even dropped us into town for a drink

Very relaxing stay in lovely surroundings would recommend it to anyone

I don't know of anything that we didn't like

Lovely situation very friendly people very good breakfast

breakfast excellent

breakfast excellent host was a pure gent as helpful as he could be

I was up in Armagh for a funeral and the facilities were excellent for me.

—-/

The welcome Gentleman, owner, who was so available to help.

The owner was really engaging and pleasant.

I could not fault the facility and the cab was cheap and fast to the town centre.

The owner was really engaging and pleasant. Very helpful also.

Very pleasant.

Views from house and very friendly host Gerry.

It was great and I would encourage any of my friends and family to stay. The hosts were so nice too

It was a bit dated

The bed and the breakfast!!

A pleasure to stay at Hillview Lodge. Armagh is beautiful. We will be back!

Very friendly hosts, quiet and nice location, clean and comfortable. Excellent breakfast with nice view.

Rainy Armagh

Graham was lovely, very friendly and helpful. He cooks a great fry up.

Comfortable accommodation and very friendly hosts

Very friendly hosts, comfortable beds, good Ulster fry for breakfast.

very comfortable and restful environment

under new management some rooms are being renovated

beds were very comfortable. breakfast was well prepared. staff were very welcoming.

Good room, good food, good people.

Good room, good food, good people.

The location was very convenient to town, but far enough out...

The location was very convenient to town, but far enough out to be quiet. The owners were very nice.

RTeally welcoming and friendly.

RTeally welcoming and friendly. Felt like I was making friends! Info about where to eat at Emb ers was spot on. Thanks

very friendly and helpful

very friendly and helpful

Girl at reception was extremely helpful and very pleasant.

Comfortable bed and good breakfast

Good location, excellent staff and enjoyable breakfast

N/a

Good location for my visit to the area, good food and staff were excellent

Well appointed with wonderful views.

Well appointed with wonderful views.

friendly and welcoming

friendly and welcoming

Good value

Seemed sort of generic

Very clean

Welcoming and comfortable
    • Family Room

Receptionist was very welcoming. Room very comfortable

disappointing

I booked this for my mother and father they stayed in it in previous years they were very disappointed as it had became run down

Visit to Armagh

Nice relaxed atmosphere

Very comfortable accommodation.

Very comfortable accommodation. Very friendly, helpful people.

Excellent accomodation

Very friendly staff. Rooms comfortable with everything thats necessary. Even had a fridge!

Satisfied

Everyone was good

Very friendly made you. Feel really welcome would recommend to friends

great friendly and comfortable place to stay

great friendly and comfortable place to stay

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Brilliant

It's has beautiful views and very peaceful and perfect setting

Would stay a

Staff friendly. Peaceful but still near town. Breakfast cooked to order.

Staff friendly & Helpful

Staff friendly & Helpful

Clean & secure.

No curtain on window so was woke up very early in the day.

Clean & secure.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Very friendly owners

Very friendly owners

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Friendliness of Glenn and Pepe.

Friendliness of Glenn and Pepe.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

OWNERS WERE VERY HELPFUL AND THE BREAKFAST WAS EXCELLENT

OWNERS WERE VERY HELPFUL AND THE BREAKFAST WAS EXCELLENT

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

great value for money .

great value for money . easy parking abd quite location

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Enjoyable overnight stay in Armagh.

Pleasant and welcoming hosts. Clean,confortable and spacious rooms.enjoyable breakfast (bacon was Fantastic!!!). Definitely will be back!

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Would have been better if I bought my clubs with me as there is a driving range on site

Nice big double bed and perfect poached eggs for breakfast

Browse Hillview Lodge traveller photo gallery