Reviews of Hilton Bath City 4 stars

Walcot Street, Bath, BA1 5BJ, United Kingdom

#23 of 31 hotels in Bath

• Double Hilton Guest Room

Maid did not replace empty tissue box. Instead she: 1. replaced the metal top; 2. put my glasses face down on the metal top; 3. took my personal face cloth that my glasses had been resting on.

Comfortable bed.

• Deluxe Family Double Room

My son was sick but after ringing both room service and customer service for more than an hour with no one answering I had to bring my sick son down to reception to book room service. Breakfast had various things unreplenished. Parking is not free and expensive

The location is convenient and central.

Not like coming home Bath is lovely City

The Hilton Bath Spa is a brillant hotel friendly staff , clean and breakfast are really good ,my wife and I always here when we visit Bath it a must

• Deluxe Family Double Room

The cost of the room for a single night was £232... I appreciate that it was Fathers' Day on the Sunday and perhaps there was some event taking place in the city, but seriously, there is nothing about the hotel that justifies such a high price for a single night, especially when the previous weekend was priced at £89. That said, it was one of the cheapest options available in Bath for that particular weekend... so this comment is not aimed at the hotel directly.

Helpful, amiable staff when my 8-month-old became unwell. Much appreciated.

• Twin Guest Room

The hotel itself spreads along horizontally, it took us a long walk from elevator to get to our room as we are almost at the end of building. At our checkout, only one front desk staff was available which she has to perform the job of concierge. We had a train to catch and having only one staff at the front desk and concierge does not help at all, we waited long until she was finished with quite a queue of guests at front desk before being able to get our bags out from concierge lock room.

The location was not too far from train station. The neighbourhood has quite a lot of nice restaurants and Waitrose is just 2 mins walk from hotel.

• Double Hilton Guest Room

Seagulls squawking most of the night but that’s not down to the Hilton Hotel. Bath is plagued with Seagulls, the Council need to do something about this serious problem.

Efficient and businesslike, room was very suitable for our two night stay and very close to the attractions of Bath. Parking was underground and not expensive for a city centre as there was a reduction for Hilton guests. Overall just right for us.

• Double Hilton Guest Room

Only thing was I couldn’t check in till 4pm. That seems a little late, especially when you’re only staying one night.

Excellent location, close to city centre, pubs, restaurants and sights

• Twin Guest Room

I noticed on other reviews that the decor for this hotel had been criticised and was expecting the worst, but it was absolutely fine!

The staff were all wonderfully friendly, welcoming and very helpful - that in itself made our stay a positive one.

• Large Double Room with Sofa Bed

Dead pigeon outside hotel entrance when we arrived - still there when we left the following evening !!

The discounted parking facility and location. Pleasant hotel with a good location.

• Twin Guest Room

When on arrive we were told different things with regards to changing the card details that was used to secure booking. We had three rooms booked and the same guy told one room that the card couldn't be changed. For him 10 minstue later to tell the other room it could be. He tried to back track and say he didn't say that even though there was five people standing there and heard. Then on check out a lady checked two rooms out said we can use different cards and split the payment between two cards. Then the thrid room went to check out and was delt with the same guy as on arrival for him to say no you cant slipt on two card and its to much hassle. I would say you need to retarin a few of your staff so they know what the policy and procedures are. Another thing would be the rooms the bathrooms were not the cleaners with long black hair on the floor which was none of us as we all blonde and dead flie on the floor.

• Cosy Double Room

For the price of the hotel I was expecting more don’t get me wrong I wasn’t expecting golden toilets and money for toilet paper but I’ve stayed in other Hilton’s and they were a bit more high end where as this Hilton felt like I was in a premier inn especially the rooms!

Situated in the heart of bath city so easy to get out and explore without having to get taxis and buses etc

• Double Hilton Guest Room

The bed had noisy springs and was rather hard. The £50 deposit should be instantly refunded and not take up to 5 days. Neither the thermostat nor on/off tap in the shower had visible markings.

The location is excellent for walking around the centre of Bath.

• Cosy Double Room

Room was clean enough but needed a deep clean (dirt under glass worktops), parking was advertised on the website but not upon arrival so we ened up driving around for 10 mins before getting out and asking the hotel (it is actually in the short stay carpark below the hotel and you get a discount off the overstay fee!)

Beds were very comfy and the location was perfect for us.

• Cosy Double Room

The room was noisy - something clicked in a couple of times. The wifi was poor and the breakfast was far too expensive. There should be some facility for guests to have just a cup of tea and a croissant. We went to Waitrose next door to buy what we needed, one of our party had a very hard bed and asked for an extra protector to be put on the mattress to make it softer .This did not materialise whilst he was out and he had to call housekeeping late in the evening to bring him one.

The location was good and the staff were helpful

• Double Guest Room With River Avon Views

Hotel looked scruffy and drab from the outside, in need of some TLC cleaning to give the property some 'kerb' appeal. Room small and windows hard to open and close. Technical problems in the kitchen meant no poached eggs where available for breakfast.

Location close to all amenities. Concierge on duty was very attentive on arrival and departure, he took the time to help our party with our 8 items of baggage 👍

• Cosy Double Room

Sorry to say that it isent the name worth! This hotel was so dirty out door no flowers cigerets all ower among other things like glases and botles as a welcome to Bath cant be waht a hilton normaly stands fore!

• Cosy Double Room

Asked for romantic decorations in the room and it was done alot more then required and wife loved it. Everything is very near to the hotel only 15 min walk to bath spa.

• Deluxe Family Double Room

Not enough staffs for the luggage pickup and delivery. We wait about 30mins for sending our luggage to the lobby.

The Staffs are very nice, and help me to take care my child while I am busying.

• Cosy Double Room

There is nothing to dislike about this hotel

The hotel is in the perfect location, the room bright, clean and a very comfortable bed with Tea/coffee in the room and was given more when asked for. Although the hotel doesn't have its own car park there is one next door and through the hotel you get a very good rate. We have booked for the Christmas market in November.

• Double Hilton Guest Room

Room was very dated. Bed was really uncomfortable, taps in the bath were difficult for us to use, perhaps as we haven’t seen these before. Requested foam pillows as a pre order but never received them. Had to ask again for them. When we received them they were too flat any way. Very noisy internally. Doors. Talking, ...

It was very close to all the attractions It was clean. Water was hot.

• Twin Guest Room

I booked the Hilton because I have come to depend on a certain standard of Hilton Hotels. I usually know what I am getting. This one sadly is dated. I booked a twin was given a double. Took advantage of the upgrade (at a cost of course). Was told the room I was given was an upgrade, and it wasn’t. Had to wait till gone 5pm to get the key! Because wrong room wasn’t ready!! TV in room was missing most of the channels, when I asked for it to be looked at they changed the remote. But still missing most of the channels. The bathroom had been modernised but the finer detail to cleanliness a bit lacking. The rubber around bottom of shower screen didn’t look too clean, just a little thing I know but I could have been a secret shopper!! We only stayed 2 nights on a short break but sadly I have now lost faith that I will get what I pay for at the Hilton which is a shame.

Local to City with easy access to places of interest The breakfast was plentiful, and fresh. We did meet some helpful staff. Bath is a nice place to go for a short break.

Nothing. They spoilt my holiday

This is the worst hotel service I have experiences in my entire 17years of travelling regularly. First I regret they are using the name Hilton, as it should be a 1 star hotel. It was unclean, smelled, towels not left in the room to use, food horriblly presented. Worse of all if you called the reception to sort the problem, sorry you are on your own as they never pick up. I just used Hilton in Luxembourg and I will rate them 9 out of 10 but bath is (- 10). And very respectful shame on the entire management of that hotel in bath city- Hilton Bath city Hotel

• Cosy Double Room

Location was fab and parking was perfect.

We booked the Hilton as all the other Hilton hotels we have stayed at have been lovely but when we arrived we were disappointed that we a very very small room with a very small bed ! It looked more like a large single bed! The restuarant where we had our evening meal was ok apart from the windows looked they hadn't been cleaned for a year as they were covered in bird poo. So sat eating dinner while looking out the window covered in bird poo. The food wasn't half as good as what we have experienced in the Hilton before I had the beef which was dry and the mash potato was runny. I felt the cocktails were so overpriced in the bar area as well. Location was fab but the hotel is not of a standard of other Hilton hotels we have stayed at and overpriced.

• Deluxe Family Double Room

Needs a complete refurbishment. Carpets in rooms makes them stuffy, a bit smelly and dates the hotel considerably. Beds were small and uncomfortable. Tv reception was awful. Breakfast was very underwhelming. Staffed by students who appeared not to have undergo much training (considering they are representing the Hilton brand).

Bathroom was best feature. Location very good although the hotel seems completely over-reliant on this to sell rooms.

• Large Double Room with Sofa Bed

The booking as received by Hilton was incorrect - they didn’t receive details of our child being booked on. The sofa bed wasn’t set up. It took 2 phonecalls to reception and it was almost midnight before any bedding for the sofa bed was brought up. Not great ;(

The looks and cleanliness

For the name of the hotel and place of wheresearch it is, it didn't look as clean on the outside and it looked to outdated on the inside.

• Large Double Room with Sofa Bed

Bad staffs upon check in and awful no help with our four big luggages, long trip and flight of stairs from and to park garage, madness as dangers! Those women showed no care. No free parking at all, paid expensive, nearly 20 pounds! No thanks, won’t come back to that terrible service, the front lobby!!! Bright sunshine thru windows at breakfast, hardly enjoyed the first morning

• Double Hilton Guest Room

* Kerb appeal of the hotel was tatty, the Hilton group need to update and up their game for the price , the pictures we see online and in brochures are old images. * Bring your own pillow unless you like feather lifeless pillows * Noisy room, listened to a drilling noise intermittently throughout the night, my one night stay with a lye-in was disturbed by workmen drilling/scraping/banging in the room above.

Very central location, was easy reach of the main attractions

• Large Double Room with Sofa Bed

No parking without big price tag Room in need of new decor Shower screen leaked and black staining to plastic seal Toilet dirty on arrival Pull out sofa bed was very uncomfortable due to metal bars and big gap behind head of mattress Tea and coffee facility poor..2 tiny packs of milk and sugar not enough for a cup each on arrival let alone if wanted any in the day Considering there were 3 of us there were only 2 bath towels too

Enjoyable breakfast buffet Lovely choice of pastries Friendly staff at hotel Huge king size bed ok Pull out sofa bed..not so good Decent view from room although windows filthy and covered in bird poo Good location although no parking unless want to pay £17-50!

• Double Hilton Guest Room

The bed was very uncomfortable - neither my partner nor I slept well at all. There was also an intermittent noise coming from the air con unit all night which also kept us awake which we reported to reception upon departure. Quite disappointing considering the amount paid for the room.

Good location, very central, close to good restaurants, bars and sights

• Large Double Room with Sofa Bed

Poor choice of in room movies. No mini fridge in room. poor selection of cereals at breakfast. Room never serviced before 4pm. Television reception hit and miss with all channels.

friendly restaurant staff. Good location for the city.

• Cosy Double Room

Noisy pub across the road playing music until 1.30am; tiny room; sink grubby and stained; WiFi expensive (12.99) and not available in public areas as advertised; food and drink very expensive and very poor quality

Convenient for town centre

• Double Hilton Guest Room

Breakfast a bit hit or miss. Cold tea & messed up order. Air con a bit noisy.

Room large & clean. We had a disabled access room. Location perfect to discover Bath.

Maid service didn't get to our room until 4pm

Make sure you book the breakfast at check-in to benefit from the reduced price of £12 pp. We were able to park in a secure carpark next to the hotel for a flat fee of £18 for the entire stay. It meant not using our car but most of the sites are in walking distance and parking is difficult to find in Bath so you on better off on foot or public transport.

• Cosy Double Room

breakfast is a missed opportunity - rather few choices and main emphasis on full English, which wasn't looking very appetising. but, from the crowd at breakfast it seems they cater for older tourists rather than for health-obsessed professionals. Rather small bathroom and bathtub, which isn't that comfy to use. Hilton keeps pushing their HH membership rather too much. Now they promote their app, which will also be a door key. And then they'd spam me on the phone all the time, no thank you vm.

24h reception, which I had to use; very attentive staff who checked me in over the phone and the key was waiting, all as promised. very comfy bed.

• Cosy Double Room

We had a car to park but were not given enough information about the charges , when we left our charge was £75!!! The very kind very efficient Corsierge sorted it for us and we paid £17.50. We should have been more information when we registered.

Excellent staff. Very helpfil

• Double Hilton Guest Room

The restaurant in the hotel provided a good breakfast, however very poor evening meal and this needs to be addressed. We had no mini bar in the room and no bottled water.

• Twin Guest Room

The window in the first room we were shown was nailed down & did not open. We were given a room with a tilting window instead which was a bit better - this meant we were on a different floor to our friends - not as convenient - also we were a long way from the lift! Not a great view either! But staff were really lovely which balances out the negatives!

Very pleasant helpful staff - particularly Matthew the concierge & one of the girls at the desk - short dark hair- unfortunately missed her name!

• Twin Guest Room

The appearance of the outside of the hotel really doesn’t fill you with great expectations when you arrive. Inside is lovely but outside could use some attention. Also the seagulls outside our bedroom were rather annoying as they constantly made noises during the night. We had no disturbance from other guests during our stay just the seagulls!!

Housekeeping staff were very friendly especially the male cleaner who checked our room, he was very nice and professional! Staff at reception were also very nice and always greeted us as we walked in!

• Cosy Double Room

thought we was booking something very special with the Hilton the bathroom was dirty they did not come to clean our room one day

the location of the hotel

My Room

Room quite small although double. View of main street. Not a pretty view. Hotel had no curb appeal. I could have benefitted with a chair in the room. Breakfast mediocre. No entertainment.

• Twin Guest Room

I don't know what I expected, but was a little disappointed in the room itself. The beds were of real quality, comfortable and clean with lovely linen. However the carpet ,although appearing new and of good quality really needed a good shampoo. the bathroom also although appearing to have been recently refurbished had some nasty cracks in washbasin. Plus amenities such as milk cartons weren,t replaced. Lastly the net curtain had some large dirt marks on it, this was not in view but slightly behind curtain which all proves lack of regular inspection.

All of the staff were tremendous, they had obviously been chosen to reach Hilton Standard which they did. However their helpfulness was genuine. I have a disability and they went out of their way to accomadate this.

• Twin Guest Room

I was traveling with a disabled friend and I requested a room near the lift because she tires easily. Instead our room was a maze walk away from the lift. Fortunately we had rented a wheelchair for her so that this was not a huge problem, but I was disappointed that my request was not honored. Also we remained at the hotel for 3 nights and our trash was not removed at any time during our stay. When I finally put the bin outside the door, it was removed so that we didn't have a bin to use on our last night. This was a problem since my companion used Depends and I had a nasty cold. I was quite angry about this.

The hotel was in an excellent location and the parking was convenient to the hotel. It was warmer and sunnier than we expected when we were in Bath and I appreciated coming back to the hotel to find cold drinks waiting for us.

New Bed Re-organise breakfast

The bed in room 127 creaked and clunked at every movement. Had a very poor nights sleep. Breakfast was a poor experience, the coffee machine overflowed the mug? Couldn't find the bread? not all items presented for the cooked breakfast.

• Cosy Double Room

There was no chair in the room. Strange.

It’s right in the heart of Bath, and the staff was incredibly helpful. Even offered to print some tickets for us, as they don’t have a business center to print them ourselves. I know the rooms and bed are a little small, and parking is expensive, but, it is so close to town. Like 200 yards away from 2000 year old Roman ruins. Any other mainstream hotels that close for the price? Bath is also a great central location to Stonehenge, and even a quick drive down to Isle of Wight. There is a grocery next door too, with good prepared food and wine. Save money by getting food there and enjoy the great location.

• Double Hilton Guest Room

The biggest problem was that someone was calling our room every our until 4:30am, for at least 10 times! We complain to the reception and they said nothing. We went to the hotel to have a relaxed weekend, I’m pregnant, stressed and couldn’t sleep all night because someone was calling the room.

We like the building and room service

• Twin Guest Room

Very poor service from receptionist. She refused to print my airline boarding card from the internet. She informed me it was company policy. A nearby hotel printed the boarding card immediately on being asked.

All good

• Large Double Room with Sofa Bed

The hotel was quite old and dated which isn't a problem, however the TV in the room was ancient and had lines going across all of the channels. I came back to my hotel on the 2nd day around 3pm and my room hadn't been serviced - I would have expected the bed to have at least been made by this time. I appreciate they may be busy at the weekend, however this hotel is quite expensive I feel for the facilities / décor etc.

The location of this hotel is great, it is right in the centre of bath and within walking distance to most sights. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was clean.

• Twin Guest Room

No free Wi-Fi £10 deposit for an umbrella. £10 extra charge to check in before 4pm even though the room was ready at 1pm Windows in the restaurant were covered in seagull poop!

Good location and good value

• Cosy Double Room

Amazing staff, It was my Mum & Dad’s Diamond wedding and they made such a fuss of them. 1st Class location with parking near by, unusual in Bath. Only let down was I left my jacket in the room. When I arrived home I rang with a description (blue blazer, gold buttons with a yellow handkerchief in the top pocket; pretty specific I thought?) and was told they had it. I arranged for a friend from Bath to collect it only to be told later that they didn’t have it and it was a similar jacket that had been found earlier..... Made it an expensive trip. Still I heartily recommend the place :)

• Large Double Room with Sofa Bed

Too few lift. Long long walk to the room. Aging carpet.

Excellent location. Not far from cathedral and Roman Bath. Next to Waitrose. Friendly reception. Convenient public parking underneath the hotel.

• Twin Guest Room

The interior of the hotel could have been a bit brighter and therefore more welcoming. The colours were all rather sombre. Unfortunately we had no view from our bedroom window just a flat rather untidy roof area to look onto. BEWARE tripping hazard into bathroom - a dangerous slightly raised wooden entrance

Bedroom rather small lovely pictures but the decor was a bit dark for our liking.The beds and bedding were very comfortable and the pillows were unbelievably comfortable. All the staff were very friendly and helpful didn't rush us at all.

• Twin Guest Room

Had to wait to check in even though had text in morning saying all ready. Also it was a massive trek to the room from the lift . Hard work for disabled partner. View fron room was over a weed strewn gravel roof. Was unable to access wifi. Didn't recognised my name or room number! Luckily didn't need to use the wifi for anything important.

Was able to park outside as partner disabled. Location excellent for what we wanted to do.

• Cosy Double Room

I booked a cosy double...which should have been called a claustrophobic double! It was very small and the decor was really dated. I would have expected better from the Hilton and for the £200 per night price tag. I would say it was below par even when compared with a basic room at Travel Lodge. This we could have overlooked but the smell was the worst. The room had an unpleasant smell...similar to that of stale cigarette smoke and the bed linen was heavily creased like it hadn’t been pressed properly. We did phone reception and ask to be moved but it took a good 40mins to be told there wasn’t another suitable room...despite me offering to pay for an upgrade. The only solution offered was for House Keeping to refresh the room, which we accepted. However after returning to the room after dinner it did not smell any different at all...not even the faint smell of air freshener, so unfortunately I am led to believe it didn’t happen. That said the room was quiet and the bed was comfortable....but I would not return.

The location is perfect for a weekend stay. Easy walking distance to everything. The dining area is lovely, overlooking the river and the buffet breakfast was excellent...the food was hot and fresh with plenty of choice.

• Double Hilton Guest Room

We had a doubt about the possibility of staying 3 adults and 1yr and 3yr old kids at a double guest room. We called the hotel and they tried to sell us an additional room without reassuring us if we might have problems on our arrive. They told us they will call us later to confirm either it was ok or not and never received that phone call

Pretty much everything!

The room wasn't what we asked for - not enough beds for 3 adults. The sofa bed was unbelievably uncomfortable. There was a huge piece of broken glass on the carpet by the door as we walked in. We were not offered any kind of refund - just some drinks tokens as we were leaving to check out of the hotel... pointless! Appalling.

• Double Hilton Guest Room

Only one pay station upon leaving car park, bit tedious but we got there!

The French receptionist was extremely helpful and the bed was much better than the Hilton Newcastle we stayed in recently!

• Double Hilton Guest Room

Windows are filthy outside - was a view out there somewhere and I paid £10 for it! Shower was not very clean, grouting is mouldy in parts and lots of dirt around edge of shower - hint use a toothbrush and bleach to get to hard to reach areas - take a look at a Premier Inn shower sometime. Unbelievably no free WiFi in the room. Which century do you live in? Over £100 per night and no internet! I refer you again to Premier Inn. Compared to them you are not value for money.

Lovely view. Comfy bed. Good shower. Kettle etc Location good. Good breakfast.

• Cosy Double Room

We found one dirty towel on our first night and after we came back once the room had been made up the following morning, found black marks on the bed and a cream like substance on a pillow. The staff were helpful in the fact they gave us fresh towels and changed the bed sheets but you expect the cleanliness to be better in a 4 star hotel

Great location to explore Bath. We didn't use any of the facilities as we made the most of the location

• Twin Guest Room

Twin Room far too small and alot smaller than our last stay, no room really to turn round in room 242. No chair, no-where to stand case stand and get by easily. Check in at 4pm now too late to be useful. Love the location but if the Hilton is not good value will think again for next trip.

Hotel staff in restaurant very good indeed and very friendly and attentive. Love the location.

Our room had a very low ceiling in certain places in the room. We hit our heads several times. Apart from this we were happy with our stay.

The room was comfortable with a big bed and nicely furnished. The breakfast was excellent. Location was good - a short walk to the Abbey and Baths and nearby a large Waitrose.

• Double Guest Room With River Avon Views

Few things to note; Parking is £17.50 for the stay. We stayed for one night and this is a tad excessive. Wifi - £12.99 for one night! As a Hilton I would expect this to be complimentary. The room itself was worn and outdated with the wall paper falling off and mould in the room. Toiletries - Non existent. Coffee - Only Decaf in the room.

The location as good.

• Twin Guest Room

Phone at side of bed could do with a good clean ! Some staff could be friendlier.Think everyone think if you stay at Hilton it is 5 * bit disappointed.view from room was awful a very dirty outlook.

Room staff were excellent we had food in our room .

Location was central

Check in at 16:00, arrived at 15:45 and my room was not ready... I was then told to wait for another 45 minutes after I asking several times why the room was not ready yet. When I was finally told that the room was ready and went up to my room the cleaner was still going through his rounds! My room was not rclran had a smell and had to open the doors and windows to get the smell out. This is the worst I have seen of The Hilton hotel standard. Checking out at 11:00 is also unreasonable time to check out if one is expected to check in after 16:00? I was given a voucher for a drink... house wine. This was a joke.

• Double Guest Room With River Avon Views

The bathroom or rather the shower room was bit small with the toilet pan squeezed between the shower screen and the wall and the toilet roll holder fitted on the floor level 😂

The location was fantastic

• Double Hilton Guest Room

Staff were outstanding. Reception and concierge who helped us on several occasions were very interested and helpful. Delicious, iced, flavoured waters available free in reception very good touch, especially on the hot day.Location also very good, breakfast great.

Our deposit was taken out of the wrong bank account instantly.... and when asked on check out to please put it back swiftly as that account was being used for the mini break..(daughters 21st/and by taking out the deposit had taken this account into overdraft..) it still hadnt gone in 24 hours later!!!.

Everything was very good

• Double Hilton Guest Room

Very nice room, wonderful views over river, BUT there was too much dust...........everywhere... bedside tables, drawers etc. It would not take too much effort to put this right. The television was appalling.

Great quality breakfast. Excellent sausages and bacon. Great choice of full English and continental.

• Twin Guest Room

I was charged twice for the room and had to wait a while for this to be resolved. I had to involve my Bank also. I seemed to spend an awful lot of time at reception with queries.

• Double Hilton Guest Room

The hotel was ideally located, only a short walk to the city centre, had a car park next door and was easily accessible. The staff were friendly and the room was clean and tidy.

• Large Double Room with Sofa Bed

The room was supposed to be a family room, however when we arrived the sofa bed had not been made, there were only two, cups, two glasses and two towels. We called down to ask that this be rectified and we had to wait over an hour for this to be done and even then the housekeeper had to change the duvet cover he brought with him because it was dirty. The television reception was also poor. It was just not the standard we expected of the Hilton.

With all the issues that we had I am pleased to say that we were offered a discount on our stay. The location of the hotel is perfect for central Bath.

• Double Hilton Guest Room

Staff could have been more courteous. They were very impolite.

There were hairs in the bathroom when we arrived in the room. We informed the staff on check in and the refused to believe us. It was only when we showed them photos of the offending hairs that they even considered re-cleaning the room. My partner also had her watch stolen by the cleaning staff after accidentally leaving it in the safe upon check out. We informed the hotel that it was left there around 4-5 hours after leaving. however they were adamant that no watch was found.

• Double Hilton Guest Room

Having to ask them to reset clock twice, gave up in the end. Also it was our 30th wedding anniversary as stated when booking, and not once did any member of staff acknowledge that.

• Cosy Double Room

No in-room internet or wifi access without an additional fee. Prices in hotel restaurant and bar extremely high. Only instant coffee available in room, 3.80 pounds ($5.25) for one cup of regular coffee downstairs.

Very comfortable bed, concierge very helpful.

• Large Double Room with Sofa Bed

Overpriced for the two rooms we had for our family of 7. Requested our two rooms to be close and they were on two separate floors.

Good location and parking was underground onsite, and discounted from the full rate.