Reviews of Hilton Bracknell 4 stars

Bagshot Road, Bracknell, RG12 0QJ, United Kingdom

#8 of 15 hotels in Bracknell

Really good!
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Problem initially with first receptionist re using a changing room and room not ready. However a supervisor sorted it straight away and everything was great after.

Breakfast was great!

Parking lot is spacious
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The facilities are old and worn down. Rooms small. Breakfast includes a lot of sweet stuff and as a parent you will be struggling not to have children eat chocolate on white bread drinking juice with lots of sugar. Pool is occupied by classes some Times.

Parking lot is spacious

Location was very good for families with a car going to...
    • Two Double Bed Deluxe Room

Evening restaurant: service was very poor and a lot of dishes on the menu were not available. Despite restaurant being nearly empty on the night we were there, it took over an hour to get our main courses. Pool facilities: Kids not welcome in the pool before 8am or after 7pm, which was not mentioned anywhere when booking. Most families staying in the hotel are tourists who are visiting places such as Legoland and other such family friendly tourist attractions, and are, more than likely, not getting back to the hotel before 7pm. Felt kids were not really welcome by Staff (apart from one lovely man on duty in the mornings) or other adult swimmers, who insisted on staying in the general swimming area of the pool while doing lengths despite having their own section of the pool to swim lengths, and made smart or rude comments about kids in the pool. I actually had to notify Staff about one woman who was extremely rude but Staff did nothing.

Location was very good for families with a car going to Legoland, Chessington, Windsor or Hampton Court palace playground and maze. Breakfast service and selection was excellent. Good prices on kids meals in the restaurant. Nice welcome packages for kids upon check in and in restaurant.

Room too hot noisy against a main road but spa nice
    • Double Guest Room

As above room soooo hotv

Didn't have air con as advertised as I went with my sister to recoup after a minor op.When phoned reception couldn't understand me repeated myself three times to say no air conditioning .He said "I fix" 5 mins later a maid handed me a fan !!! Asked if this is the air-conditioning ?She apologised speaks no English.

Leisure facilities were really good, comfortable beds, large...
    • Two Double Bed Deluxe Room

Leisure facilities were really good, comfortable beds, large room, could order room service 24 hours, staff friendly and welcoming and breakfast was a great choice of foods

Clean and an ideal location for Ascot races and Windsor,...
    • Double Guest Room

Clean and an ideal location for Ascot races and Windsor, with taxi access very satisfactory. The only criticism I have is the stair areas need decorating, with the main praise being the excellent breakfast.

Good location and breakfast
    • Twin Guest Room

The guy who checked me in wasn’t to helpful but I was listening to the 2 other girls on check out and they was really helpful and explained everything to the people they checked in,

The facilities and location,

Short convenient stay for family gathering.
    • Twin Guest Room

Never stayed at this location before (may do in future). It met my expectations and requirements. It is close, and therefore convenient if visiting certain members of my family who fed me.

Let down
    • Double Guest Room

The bar was ridiculously slow, took 20 minutes at least to get our drinks if we got them at all! It took over an hour for the room service to deliver 2 cocktails, and when I called to reception to let them know that I'm not willing to pay for the tray charge after an hour waiting, all they could say was "well, I'll speak with the manager and see what we can do about it". The room was more or less fine, though the bathroom door had holes at the bottom, the shower had really low pressure, barely good for anything. And as an added extra they double charged me for the dinner. I expected much more from a Hilton.

The restaurant staff was really lovely and accomodating despite of being really busy.

disappointing
    • Double Guest Room

My room was really hot and didnt have air con. I had asked reception for a room with air con but none were available, so i was given a fan. As you are not able to open the windows it was incredibly uncomfortable and I was unable to sleep. I did tell reception on check out that my stay had been uncomfortable due to the lack of air con but they werent interested. The hotel alo had no ouside seating area which was a real shame

The bed was nice and big

Unfortunately I will think twice about using Hilton as a gluten free diner I have to think of my hea
    • Double Guest Room

Julie on reception told me there were no facilities for gluten free diners , for breakfast she told me I could only have potatoe waffles . I asked if anyone could go across the road / even me to buy gluten free breakfast items . She declined and I told her I have been to Hilton many times and never been catered for a gluten free diner. I became very upset about this and it overshadowed my perception of the hotel. The dining staff did all they could to make me happy and even said she was wrong as they do cater for gluten free ..

Suitability for local town centre

Good value great facilities in a good location

All was good

This is a great value place to stay given the facilities and the price of a room. We were in a small room which was perfect for one night.

It was a good price with a name I recognised next to the...
    • Double Guest Room

The front desk staff are not helpful and lack customer service. I can't think of one crazy thing I asked for and yet it all seemed too much work or not possible. Taxi from airport cost me 108gbp as they didn't bother to tel me they will book for me not to take Heathrow can. I had to check in early which I requested 2 times in advance as I was flying 7am and out the next day 8am. Still seemed a hassle. No laundry service for something I needed. For me being tired and in for 24 hours ordering room service and paying for a room and drinks at bar. I am a money making customer, it would make sense you service that client your best not like I am a burden.

It was a good price with a name I recognised next to the venue I needed to be at.

Great location and staff were very friendly but food service was extremely disappointing
    • Two Double Bed Deluxe Room

We had 2 meals in the hotel in the evening and both were disasters. The first took over 3 hours which with 6 children in our party was far too long, the gap to dessert was excessive and the ice cream extremely melted with 2 options sold out as well. The 2nd night we ate in the bar area, we ordered starters and mains and they all came out at the same time!! We also deliberately ordered crispy chicken strips with the carrot and cucumber dip for the children as often hard to get vegetables in a hotel and it came out as chicken nuggets and chips. When you have travelled all the way from Australia to see family this is not the kind of food service you expect in a Hilton hotel, very disappointing especially for 2 meals.

Great location and swimming facilities

We stayed in a Marriot hotel the previous weekend which was better in pretty much every aspect.
    • Double Guest Room

Swimming pool was too cold and often seemed to be roped off for use by outside group activities

Most of the staff, especially at reception were very good

Disappointing, and poor value.
    • Two Double Bed Deluxe Room

We stayed at Royal Ascot weekend. The rooms were twice the price they usually are. The Reception area was full of guests who were drunk. No extra space in terms of bar area had been made available for those guests. It was difficult to check in as we were being fallen on by drunk guests. The hotel staff did nothing about this. One lady guest was arguing loudly with Reception staff about the air con in her (short) pyjamas! Staff did not offer her a quiet space. The mini bar was empty- so we could not get a drink anywhere- as downstairs bar was rammed. In the morning 9am the corridors had trays of food in them- no one had removed them by 9am left over from night before. I discussed this with staff the next morning- who agreed this was the case.

We like the super delux rooms with two double beds.

It suited my need where it is. Very tired.

See above

Very tired. Staff ok. Room clean but dated. Didn't get room tidied until nearly 4pm on the Saturday afternoon after I had been out to my luncheon which I found really bad as I was very tired. Tried to charger me for fresh milk. Miserable night staff on the Monday having to let me and another visitor in after mid nite., obviously not happy having to open door. Overall not that impressed I've been in much much better hotels for less.

Not up to it's previous visits
    • Two Double Bed Deluxe Room

There was an old blood stain on the duvet cover! The bathroom was not in good repair. The toilet pan had a chip in the china, the shower was very scaled on the stainless steel and the sink gurgled when other people must of been using their showers. The breakfast was not very good in that the bacon wasn't very nice, the eggs were cold and hard. Used to really enjoy the breakfast at the hilton but this time very disappointed.

Good location.

Good location but the service to customers not universally excellent
    • Double Compact Guest Room

Service left a little to desired . Ordered a meal with my wife . Was a shame I had to remind the staff that my wife’s food had not been delivered and mine was half finished Food should always arrive together and no credible explanation

A very nice hotel with lovely staff and a comfy bed.
    • Double Guest Room

We would have liked some face flannels. Also, upon checking in, it was surprising that when we arrived at 3.10 our room was not ready and it was supposed to be available from 3pm, so after a 2 hour drive we had to wait another 15 minutes or so, and we had to buy a couple of soft drinks and a packet of crisps from the bar, to pass the time.

It was great that the bed was nice and long, as we are fairly tall, and it was a hot night so appreciated the width too and it was very comfy. We liked the adjustable lights next to the bed, so you can read without annoying your partner. The hairdryer worked well although it's not near a mirror. Little things like a box of tissues, a bath mat and a non slip shower mat were much appreciated too. We loved the swimming pool.

Disappointing standard from a Hilton - expected more
    • Double Compact Guest Room

We booked a compact room but really wasn't up to Hilton standard - more like a travel lodge... First room had a bad drain smell and toilet took ages to re-fill. Second room didn't have bad smell but was small and same issue with toilet fill. Hotel is next to busy dual carriageway so noisy traffic through the night

Staff were pleasant and courteous

Everything I expected from the Hilton except from the staff st reception who were shockingly rude
    • Double Guest Room

Staff were argumentative at reception put me in a twin room when we had booked a double... then proceeded to tell me I was wrong until I showed him the booking confirmation and they eventually put us in a double room with no apology

Beds are great

The staff were very friendly and helpful.
    • Double Guest Room

The bed was uncomfortable.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Some of the hotel is quite dated and needs a refresh. But the rooms and bathrooms were clean. Our bed was rather uncomfortable and 'noisy'. Generally all ok.

Easy to get to, easy parking, good bar food and the...
    • Double Compact Guest Room

Despite telling staff several days before checking in that we would be a late check in, we had an unsatisfactory room. We really felt like it was the last room at the inn! Hotel was full, so couldn’t change on the first night. I spend a very uncomfortable night squashed against the wall !

Easy to get to, easy parking, good bar food and the restaurant was very good.

A very enjoyable stay in a good quality hotel.
    • Twin Guest Room

Overall there was nothing I didn’t like

The check in was slower than expected as there was only one member of staff. For the price of the hotel I would have expected a better range of toiletries plus more tea bags and even a biscuit !

Overall it was good
    • Double Guest Room

The reception and bar area are all one so whenever a crowd came in to check in you were surrounded.

The staff were very helpful throughout our three day stay

Reception staff were very welcoming .
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Room smelt musty , view into other rooms and a brick wall from window . Hotel looked and felt very much like a Travel Lodge. Restaurant was pretty poor. Couldn’t book an evening meal for 6 as said they were full, had to eat in bar area while the football was on , not a very nice ambience!!(The bar food was very good) Restaurant was half empty all evening.When asked why it was empty but we couldn’t sit in there , they said they had no staff !! Hotel is pretty tired and a little shabby , have stayed in better hotels for less money

Reception staff were very welcoming .Room was clean and comfortable , bed was fine, but room not really worth the money . Breakfast was nice but staff not very attentive.

Poor bedroom facilities and size of the room was...
    • Double Guest Room

Size of the room and scruffy poorly kept hotel.

Poor bedroom facilities and size of the room was unacceptable for a double which was stated. Very poor and not worth the amount of money paid. Very scruffy and disappointing stay.

Don't like anything about last weekend

Didn't like the fan in the bathroom It was on constantly Hardly get any sleep. Also the staff at reception was under trained and incompetent. On arrival at the hotel I paid for my rooms using a debit card. On checking out I was asked to produce my debit card again, which I questioned because I've checked my account a few hours before and found that the payment already left my account. I tried telling reception that this was unnecessary but she demanded that I hand my debit card over again. I checked out Sunday 17/06/18. On Monday 18/06/18 I logged into telephone banking and found that my account was overdrawn in excess of £179.95 by Hilton hotel. I contacted the hotel and was told that reception has taken the payment by mistake. It is now Saturday 23/06/18 and I and still waiting for a refund. I am very disappointed because of this, I've had 3 unpaid direct debit this week and 3 late payment charges. Very frustrating, I went for a weekend break because it was my daughter's 13th birthday. We've recently lost her mum to cancer, my daughter strangely born on the same day as her mum, so we normally celebrate a birthday double. We needed to get away just to relax a bit instead I've had one of the most stressful week for a long time. Definitely wasn't worth it, should have gone some where else or stayed at home. THINKING OF STAYING AT THIS HOTEL. BE CAREFUL

Don't like anything about last weekend Just wanted to forget about my weekend break

Close to ascot race course and convenient but that was only...
    • Double Compact Guest Room

Old dated and given disabled room, pricey for what you got

Close to ascot race course and convenient but that was only good thing about it, bar was poorly staffed and had a 15 min wait for a drink as no one at bar.

Not up to expectation for the price
    • Twin Guest Room

Very tired in parts stairways and room and bathroom very small and in need of an upgrade not worth the money didn’t live up to other Hilton hotels I have stayed in before. Windows very dirty

Good and staff very good

I won't be going back hotel or recommend if things aren't put right.
    • Double Compact Guest Room

A few problems. The room was dark and dingy. Already reported this to staff at this hotel before checking out but still waiting to hear back from Chelsea about the bad experience that l encountered with housekeeping staff etc. Although breakfast was fine except for the scrambled eggs. It was completely dried and over cooked. No sky tv in an upgraded room! Room was cramped with too many furniture. Minimal is better. I can only comment about the room l stayed at. No bottled water in an upgraded room! I expected more..

The only thing that l enjoyed very much was the king size bed as it was very comfortable apart from that nothing else inthecroom l stayed. It would off course be nice to stay in another upgraded room just to see what it'll be like but l doubt it if my complaint isn't dealth with promptly. I am member of Hilton Honours and have stayed in other Hilton hotels in the past which l had really enjoyed and had also written a fantastic review for them after my stay. Thank you.

Comfy beds, good tv, nice breakfast, good parking, foyer ok.
    • Double Guest Room

Tiny drab rooms - really dated, expensive bar food £17 for a curry, shower not very strong, basic room not worth cost.

Comfy beds, good tv, nice breakfast, good parking, foyer ok.

We stayed 1 night as it was our wedding day hotel its self...
    • Double Compact Guest Room

We was seated for breakfast and as it was a buffet style we both left our table to get food. On return from getting food in that short space if time they had seated other people st our table so we had to move. This need to be improved so they know who is sitting where and the staff need to communicate more.

We stayed 1 night as it was our wedding day hotel its self was lovely and word go back.

Excellent value for money, comfortable stay, amazing breakfast & very good location for Legoland.
    • Two Double Bed Deluxe Room

View from room wasn't great but understand can't be great from every angle of the hotel. Hotel restaurant was on the expensive side.

Breakfast was brilliant, so much choice and everything was so fresh and lovely - best hotel breakfast we've ever had. Room was very spacious and beds were huge and so comfortable, really good television also. Room was so clean and plenty of towels etc.

Generally enjoyable
    • Twin Guest Room

Bathroom door creaked/squeaked One of beds sloped down at outer edge - had obviously been sat on quite a lot. There were no biscuits with the tea

Pleasant stay,expensive bar.
    • Double Compact Guest Room

Got charged £32 for 2 double Gin's with Ginger ale,we only had the 1.If you have a room opposite the main road and have the window open,good luck with your sleep,really loud.

Well designed hotel,nice comfortable seating area near the bar.

6.0
    Disappointing and very expensive
    • Double Compact Guest Room

The exorbitantly expensive bar prices I hate being ripped off which is just what happened, £10.80 for a large glass of average rose wine is absolutely ridiculous and they wanted to charge £31.00 for a bottle.

Not Much

Not a value for money

Staff was uncommunicative. The hotel has UK power sockets and although they are 4 star hotel they don't offer you an adapter but they are selling it for 5£. Furthermore, they charge wi-fi 9,99£ for 3 hours use, unless you are a Hilton Honors Member. I was there for two nights and every time I passed through the hallway, there was some dirty dish from the room service.

Nice
    • Double Guest Room

The bathroom was rusty around the drain they didn't replace the complimentary bottle of water and there was no fridge in the room which wasn't happy with

The food was good staff were very friendly and everything else was lovely I would stay there again if i needed, they had the best hash browns I've ever had.

Great Location, Clean Hotel, Lovely breakfast! But if youre ona budge
    • Double Compact Guest Room

There was a huge mishap with my payment card and payment was taken 3 times, also a random unauthorised payment by the hotel too. I was very upset when this happened and it left me broke whilst on our trip (myself and a 9yr old). The staff at the time did nothing to resolve this and said they werent authorised to, so that night we didnt eat! The following morning during check out, there was a handover note with mine and other customers names on, which obviously wasnt for my eyes!! It claimed I had started an argument with staff etc which wasnt true, very bad customer service for allowing me to see this and also that of the lady behind the desk who snatched it away. What I will say is the lady at check in went above and beyond the day before. I did eventually get reimbursed the full amount I had paid by Hilton but it took over a week and has put me off staying there again unfortunately.

Location is brilliant, we were visiting Chessington which is a 25 min drive away and also Coral Reef which is less than a mile down the road. The room was small but clean and very comfortable. The check in staff were lovely, as were the restaurant staff.

Uncomfortable
    • Double Compact Guest Room

Room was way too hot air conditioning kept cutting out. Shower was appalling, like being peed on by an infant. Luke warm with an inconsistent aim. The name Hilton used to Come with respect. I’ve stayed at better primer inns.

N/a

Not up to the standard of Hilton Hotels.
    • Double Compact Guest Room

We booked a double room and the amount of space that we had in the room was ridiculous. We could only get in one side of the bed and there was not enough room to move about.

Meals eaten in the restaurant on both evenings were well...
    • Double Guest Room

Meals eaten in the restaurant on both evenings were well presented and most enjoyable. Service by waiter/waitress was polite, friendly and helpful.

We will not be staying again!!!
    • Double Guest Room

The room was too small, with little storage space and was quite cramped. The bathroom was also small and the rail over the bath restricted the shower space and we are not big people! We were on the second floor and the stairwell was dirty and the carpet badly worn!

Check in was slick and staff were generally helpful. The breakfast was above average

Good hotel let down by a poor nights rest.
    • Twin Guest Room

The uncomfortable twin beds which were not up to standard.

The twin beds were NOTComfortable and would benefit from replacement. Every time we turned they were creaky and just uncomfortable to sleep on. As such this has affected all the relevant ratings because of your bed is uncomfortable and subsequently you don’t sleep it spoils the day ahead. Shame as the hotel was well placed and staff and other facilities fine.

Value for money
    • Double Guest Room

Only a double bed instead of king size. Bottom of bathroom door was damaged

Facilities such as pool, room service, bar & restaurant were very good. Tv was huge - bigger than the bed!

Super clean, lovely hotel. Would highly recommend!
    • Two Double Bed Deluxe Room

Only one downside; breakfast is expensive at £15 per person (children go free at moment though) so recommend you secure a price with breakfast already included. Very minor point!

Restaurant staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Very child friendly too.

A convenient hotel. Overpriced, in my opinion. Could do with some better reception staff.
    • Twin Guest Room

On arrival, I was disappointed to be told by a receptionist that the hotel was fully booked. I went back to my car to book a hotel on Booking.com, only to find that the Hilton had rooms available. That particular receptionist had left reception when i returned to to the hotel, luckily for him.

Helpful staff, Southhill park literally a 5 min walk away so...
    • Double Guest Room

The spa facilities were really nice. But if your a couple trying to relax just be mindful it is family friendly so we had a lot of children playing in the pool.

Helpful staff, Southhill park literally a 5 min walk away so really nice for the sunny day we stayed.

Good food, nice room
    • Double Compact Guest Room

Took 45 minutes to sign in and staff tried to charge us for breakfast even though I had an email confirming we had paid for it! They said it wasn't on their system which caused us a lot of embarrassment with our guests.

Good food, nice room

Dog friendly not
    • Double Guest Room

They charged £25 for the dog to stay and did not even offer a bowl. Air conditioning was noisy but could not open a window

Location is excellent and the place quiet

That I emailed a week before seeing if I could check in...
    • Double Guest Room

That I emailed a week before seeing if I could check in early as needed the room to get changed as was going to the races , to arrive and be told no room was ready so had to go next door in the gym changing rooms to get sortred .

Very good - would stay again but would be wary of bar prices and would not contemplate room service
    • Double Compact Guest Room

Prices of drink. A bottle of prosecco £34 seems excessive then finding out there was a £5 tray charge to bring to room is, to me, excessive.

Comfortable, clean, staff very good

Had a wonderful time
    • Double Guest Room

Stayed in the king size deluxe room which was spacious with a large screen tv, iron, ironing board & tea making facilities also bed very comfortable. Breakfast was hot & plentiful can't rate facilities as we didn't use them.

We arrived at 10:30 for an early check in as pre agreed.
    • Double Guest Room

We arrived at 10:30 for an early check in as pre agreed. Only to find they didn’t have a room ready for us. We had two rooms requested close together and early check in. The reception staff were very rude and had NO customer care skills at al. We had a taxi collecting us at 11:30. We was told by reception to just wait in the lounge and they will arrange the rooms to be ready. We sat in reception for TWO hours with not the offer of complimentary beverages or food for the inconvenience. Just after 12:30 an hour after I have told my taxi to leave, I approached reception to ask what’s going on. The guy said yes your rooms are ready. I asked why have I had to come to you. He said can you not see we are very busy. I replied and I’m paying towards your wages my friend show a bit of respect to the customer! He gave me my key and I paid in full my bill ( why you ask ) because I wanted just to get out and go to Ascot for the races where I have now missed my first race. Yeah cheers for that I said. To my annoyance the other room was not ready and he said why can’t you and your guests get ready in your room. I said is that how it works? This is ridiculous. He said I will arrange your guest luggage to be moved to the next room. My guest declined this as she has medication and didn’t want it touched. He said that when we return from the races her room will be ready as it has now been allocated to her. We returned from the races at around 22:30 only to find he had let the room that he allocated out and given my guest a box room two floors below. Obviously he had gone home by now. The night reception was also rude and refused to speak to us. No night time manager was on duty so I spoke to the night supervisor who was very help full indeed. She arrange a room close by and gave the sharing guest a complimentary room to herself. I’m still waiting for an apology from the day team and an apology from the night team.

Great location as it is near to the business area's but...
    • Double Compact Guest Room

Air conditioning was noisy and I couldn't turn it off, otherwise, the room would be quiet hot. Hotel meals expensive.

Great location as it is near to the business area's but opposite the hotel is a really nice park for walking or jogging. Loved the full gym access on site, breakfast had a lot of choices.

Rubbish
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

was not told that kids had to be with an adult in the pool, so I had a very disappointed little girl! That was Not able to go into the pool, (Which by the way can swim better than me! ) It Cost £13 in the bar for a large vodka, coke and crisps, £15 for a kids breakfast AND we had to pay for wifi! Just a utter disgrace! mainly for business people I think that do not have to pay for it!

It was clean, great facilities.
    • Double Compact Guest Room

Spa treatments - should have full body massages for couple. Had to go central London in the end.

It was clean, great facilities. Not to sure about the spa treatments. They weren’t really appealing to me. Sainsbury’s 30 sec away, town is close by with loads of food places. It was my boyfriends birthday and I asked for upgrade on a room, I got an upgrade. I asked if they could do something to the room whilst we weren’t out and they put balloons and cake with ‘happy birthday’ with chocolate. Didn’t moan that we were late checking out. Staff and people in the hotel very friendly. Even cleaned our room when requested.

The room was well laid out and clean, aswell as the bathroom.
    • Twin Guest Room

The mattress was uncomfortable for me, causing me to wake up with back ache every morning.

The room was well laid out and clean, aswell as the bathroom. We put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door throughout our stay and the room wasn't touched by staff, which is what we wanted. The breakfast was fantastic, with a wide variety of hot and cold options at easily navigatable stations.

Overall a stay that was good value for money and fully met my expectations
    • Double Compact Guest Room

The TV only worked intermittently and some channels were unavailable. This needs attention.

The room was fine and met my expectations. I was told on the first night I was in a quiet part of the hotel and this was very much the case. This may well be because i had asked for a quiet area previously and this had been logged, in which case that is excellent customer service.

We decided to stay at the Hilton after the price for two...
    • Double Compact Guest Room

We decided to stay at the Hilton after the price for two nights was just the same as the price for two nights at a local premier inn, and that was without breakfast included. Staff were really friendly and welcoming on arrive and in the mornings when we went for breakfast. We didn’t really spend much time at our hotel apart from at night when we were in bed, and when we were having breakfast, however we were pleasantly surprised with the size of our room and how luxurious it felt! The Hilton was just in the right place to make all the local amenities accessible, making our first stay in Bracknell, easy sailing and we saved money on taxi fare. Over all, we really enjoyed our two nights at the Hilton Bracknell, and if we ever find ourselves in Bracknell again, would not hesitate to book there again.

The bed in the room we changed to was an appropriate size...
    • Double Compact Guest Room

the Rate for both visits was excellent but the bed on our original visit was not an appropriate size for two adults

The bed in the room we changed to was an appropriate size for this class hotel where on our previous visit we had a 4'6" bed and other than here I cant think of the last time i had one of those in a double room!. t

Enjoyable on the whole but room for improvement in the restaurant.
    • Double Guest Room

We ate in The Larder and ordered chips and salad. We were not advised you had no chips so a bowl of onion rings was put on the table instead. Not quite the same and why not advise you had no chips. A while later chips were being served to other diners, all seemed very odd. The salad that was ordered was nothing like it was described on the menu. Not a tomato in site, a pile of leaves, something that none of us could work out what it was, not feta and again why not advise you had run out of things. My plate was removed while still eating but had lost the will by this time so let it go. When mentioned the bill was adjusted but I would rather of been advised of problems so we could of had a meal we all enjoyed which I am afraid did not happen.

Great bed and pillows, good night sleep which was great.

Great value for money
    • Two Double Bed Deluxe Room

It was quite noisey but I guess that was because there were a lot of guest with children on my floor

Great value for money. Room was very nice & the bed was super comfy.

Nice friendly staff & lovely lobby & coffee lounge but the room quality wasn't worth that money.
    • Double Compact Guest Room

The room was tiny & extremely expensive for that size room. The bathroom was clean but I really hate shower curtains in hotel bathrooms. The shower head was new but there wasn't a lot of pressure & the hot water was only just hot enough at it's maximum...has health & safety put a max temp on it or something? I could see a lot of dust around & under the lip of the tv stand on the table while I was sitting working at the desk next to it which was off-putting

The staff were really helpful, the lobby area was spacious, comfortable & the wifi worked without any problems. I didn't use the restaurant but it looked nice. I really liked the online chat service via the Hilton wifi home page - I could check the checkout time with reception without leaving my room.

Quiet getaway location with pool facilities, etc, however, it was a £10 to £15 taxi ride to town.
    • Double Compact Guest Room

The rooms were quite small. I stayed in a central IBIS Hotel the night after my weekend stay and have to say, the room size was significantly larger!

The breakfast was nice

Bed was harder than a concrete floor but full marks everywhere else.
    • Double Compact Guest Room

Bed was horrible, very very hard and creaky. Had a terrible nights sleep. Water in the shower was just above luke warm. Hilton don't offer points if bookings are made through booking.com.

Charlotte at the Front Desk was easily the friendliest front desk person i've ever dealt with. Gym facility was a little small but equipment was very good. Breakfast staff were also very friendly, and food was very delicious. Ample Parking. WiFi was great. Room was spotless. Towels were so soft!

Disappointed
    • Double Compact Guest Room

The checkin was not good. I wasnted to pay cash and it wasn’t explained to me that I had to pay on arrival. So they have taken my cash payment and the money out of the bank 😡

Arrived after midnight, but the desk was unmanned, despite...
    • Double Compact Guest Room

Arrived after midnight, but the desk was unmanned, despite being advertised as "24 hours". It was an understandably late hour, but I would have expected a bell to alert staff. I called out, but no response. I finally tried to phone the hotel, while I was standing there, but no response. A man finally emerged from "out back" to check me in. I travel constantly for work, and other hotel chains offer a far easier check-in when you are arriving in the middle of the night. There is always at least a bell to alert staff you have arrived.

Not bad!
    • Double Guest Room

Room wasnt cleaned when we returned at 4pm on afternoon. Staff wouldn't turn over TV to watch footy even though the other match was ended and nothing further on channel.

Wet room fab for husband.

Our last visit to Hilton Bracknel
    • Double Guest Room

The hotel was NOT dog friendly and the pool was often full of people doing classes leaving little room for swimming. There were no public areas which the dog could sit and they charged £25 A night for the dog. Our room was cold as heating wasn't working and our room was not cleaned one entire day so not very good.

I liked the pool and the room we had

It was average
    • Double Guest Room

The pillows were super uncomfortable! The bar closed at 11:15pm because there wasn’t enough trade, yet there were 4 members of staff behind reception doing nothing! We asked if we could get 2 glasses of wine , the chap behind reception came back with 2 glasses and proceeded to charge us for the most expensive £17 , for 2 glasses of wine, in a Hilton!! And the. We never received our change from a £20 note! So it became £10 per glass! Totally unacceptable!

Very good.
    • Double Compact Guest Room

The only slight negative was that the duvet in my room felt like it was a bit too old as it was very compressed and thin. The duvet also didn't fit the cover that it was placed in so there was quite a lot of excess material. So I tended to get tied up in the cover when moving around in the bed.

I received a personalised text from staff member asking if everything was ok with the room and again later asking how my stay was going so far.

Great staff very helpful
    • Double Guest Room

Couldn’t sleep the night as there was loud sounds coming and the bed was very noisy would also make loud sounds if there was any little movement

Great staff very helpful