Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol North 4 stars

Woodlands Lane, Bristol, BS32 4JF, United Kingdom

#34 of 48 hotels in Bristol

5.7

• Double Guest Room with Two Double Beds

The restaurant staff had not had sufficient training, the white wine was put on the table without a cooler, the label was not shown to us, no mention of trying the wine and none served. The appetizer did not appear, also no bread was offered with the meal at any stage. The delay between starter and main course was quite lengthy, the delay between finishing the main course was so long we got up and left. Totally inadequate service Twice during our 3 day stay the key did not work when returning to our room in the afternoons. So had to be given other key cards. Suggest they use budget to train staff and not waste it on cookies that were also not a available

Beds were comfy

• Family King Guest Room

food is plain, bland and expensive for what it is.

very thoughtful staff - unusual in my experience of this type of hotel, room size, bed size, able to eat outside

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

The only problem for me was the bed was to hard for my liking .

the staff were very friendly and nothing was to much trouble ,had a problem with a faulty iron staff changed it immediately and we were given a complementary drinks voucher for the inconvenience. You had a good choice for breakfast had a evening meal the price being average for a restaurant.

• Queen Guest Room

I was overcharged. I travelled there with 2 couples, we all booked with Booking.com. no extras My dad +1 paid £74.## My brother +1 paid £94.05 I paid £105.05 WHY

• Double Guest Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that the co2 alarm went off and then the staff come and took the alarm out witch made me feel unsafe ...the beds needed changing as the sheets was dirty

The staff

Nothing :-)

Stayed for 2 nights. Extremely clean & tidy, good facilities and spacious rooms. Staff went above and beyond..! Receptionists, bar staff, cleaners, breakfast staff & even maintenance were so polite and helpful. Breakfast was a good selection and really yummy. The new veranda outside was a bonus as we had such lovely weather. Good place to chill and unwind with a glass of wine. Will be returning very soon.

• Queen Guest Room

Breakfast average -choice of alternative hot would have been nice.

Room extremely comfortable, especially desk! Nice temperature in room. Room service very quick. Great convenient location and easy to park. Free cookie on arrival and super-helpful staff. Quick check out

• Queen Guest Room

The pool is often packed with children. The WiFi is connected with servers that keep interrupting navigation with annoying adverts. Although it ticks all boxes, the hotel is actually fairly basic.

Don't expect to have to pay to park or for Wi-Fi in the room. £5 per night parking and a whopping £15 a night for Wi-Fi in your room.

Breakfast buffet was good, and bed was comfortable.

• Queen Guest Room

The mattress on the bed could have been better.

I stayed with my daughter, we liked our room, big and spacious with good bathroom facilities. We had an iron and ironing board in our room too. Unfortunately the bed was very uncomfortable and the mattress was very squeaky, but overall we were happy.

• Queen Guest Room

Clean, comfortable and professional. Wonderful place to live if you come to Bristol. Delicious breakfast and fantastic bar, they have a huge screen in the bar.

• Family King Guest Room

(Room 127) There were many hairs in my child's bed. The carpets were filthy and soiled, I kept my shoes on while in the room. The window net had a couple of brown stains on it. The room looked like it needed a deep clean. I didn't feel relaxed in it at all. It was grubby. We were also given a bill for £10 parking and £29 charge for a breakfast we hadn't had. I had to ask reception to remove it which they happily did. I had booked a deluxe family room and when we arrived the receptionist offered to change the room because the children would be 'best in a bed rather than on a sofa bed'. A large party of people arrived after we checked in and I later wondered if we'd given up our room for their convenience. We would not stay in a Double tree Hilton again. We thought that being a Hilton the standards would be better. The reception area was lovely and the pool good too. I can't comment on food because we ate out.

That it had a swimmimg pool.

• Family King Guest Room

I had to sleep one night on the sofa bed and this was not a good experience !!!! At Breakfast time staff didn’t smile a lot it felt sometimes we were rushed to eat and leave.

Most of the Staff was very friendly and fantastic with our children.

• Family King Guest Room

Nothing to mention during our short stay

Fresh warm cookies on arrival were delicious and breakfast was brilliant- huge choice and very tasty. The kids loved the pancake machine!! Rooms were clean and facilities a nice bonus.

• Queen Guest Room

The fact that I was charged twice for the room and a fifty pound holding deposit which still has not been refunded after five days of being overcharged.

The stay was excellent

• Queen Guest Room

Dated and tired room in places. Bath plug didn’t work. Reception staff friendly on check in but not after. Went to bar overnight and had wrong drink poured and not experienced barman.

Breakfast and hotel facilities were excellent. Room was tired and dated but good for our use

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Meeting room did not have audio included and we had to pay £25 extra at the last minute - should be included automatically at a hotel of this stature

Food was very good

• Family King Guest Room

The room was ideal and the bed comfy. An ideal location for my business meetings on the Aztec West Business park. Although you have to pay for parking £5 a night is OK. Just make sure you pay for it at the reception and do not use the car park ticket machines.

• Family King Guest Room

Location was to far out be wary when booking through booking.com as I only booked this one as the pic said it was in middle of city centre and the pic matched only when we got to the property they told us we were in the wrong hotel

Swimming pool for the kids

• Queen Guest Room

I was however disappointed that we had to ask waiting staff for coffee. This was 3on 12th May. Saturday morning. So we choose to eat else where. The waiting staff could see that we did not have coffee. She served the table next to us and the other people in the dining room. When I ordered coffee my partner said to her 'DON'T YOU SERVE BLACK PEOPLE..She replied what?. He said you heard me. I

Full English breakfast .Great variety to choose from thoroughly enjoyed my stay the checked staff were excellent curtious and polite. We ordered 2 meals from room service which was excellent and staff were curtious happy and smiling. Overall my stay was most pleasant and I would love to stay again.

• Family King Guest Room

Swimming pool.lesspns half roped off to small for customers the space left terrible

The swimming pool was a disappointment half of it was roped off for swimming lessons so no room for customers really bad

• Queen Guest Room

Only down fault was our breakfast was slightly cold and was not a great deal of option for the price and that it cost £35 for our dog to come along I think it is a steap price when he is so well behaved and house trained I know all rooms need a deep clean after animals have been in but having to pay £35 would put me off as have never had to pay so much at other places. But I wouldn't say they where faults maybe things just to be improved but overall amazing :)

We where down from Scotland to watch the Badminton Horse Trials we booked this hotel. Our room was upgraded free of charge with free cookies which where amazing! The room and bathroom was perfect very clean. Along with home comforts of the bigger TV and coffee.

• Queen Guest Room

See comments about using the pool.

We liked everything, the staff were great. We asked for interconnecting rooms in advance as we wanted to make sure our children have their own space and that was all sorted. They even gave a bday card and a lovely piece of chocolate cake with happy bday written in the side when they realised it’s my bday! Lovely touch. We would def stay again. The kids loved the pan cake machine at breakfast the best . The only slight criticism would be the use of the pool. Our oldest son who is a confident swimmer was not allowed to use the pool after 8pm which we didn’t realise so he was disappointed as he was looking forward to a swim in the evening. Also when we then went in the morning to use the pool half the pool was used for a 1:1 swimming lesson which makes it very difficult to swim in the other half as there quite a few people trying to swim. It would have been nice to have been told that’s all then we could have come back another time. Apart from that it was absolutely perfect!

• Family King Guest Room

The sofa bed was a little bit uncomfortable as the mattress was lumpy.

The staff were brilliant with our children, especially the reception staff and the lovely gentleman from housekeeping. The pool was lovely and warm. Breakfast was great, the children gave the pancake maker 5stars!!

• Family King Guest Room

Perhaps pool could be cleaner and one of the days in our stay ladies changing rooms smelled of urine. Would be nice not to be walking through the reception to get to the stairwell to your rooms, too open in everyone's eyes to be walking past people enjoying their evening drink, especially if you are just wearing your towel perhaps as bathrobes aren't provided.

Asked for extra pillows and they were there on our arrival. Chock cookies on arrival, nice touch. Staff friendly and not in your face, was feeling free and comfortable, nobody bothered us.

• Queen Guest Room

Building and rooms are so outdated. Whole place needs a huge revamp. Not worthy of the Hilton name. £220 I paid for 1 night which is ridiculous given that the hotel is not central London but the middle of nowhere with basic facilities at best. For example small combined shower with bath that looks like it was made in 1970s.

Staff were very friendly

• Queen Guest Room

Nowhere to get a drink on arrival, had just done a four hour journey and was told the bar was closed at 10.30, think you should offer a drink to guests arriving late. Wasn't impressed

Did the job I needed it for but didn't live up to expectations.

• Queen Guest Room

Everything about our stay was great but the breakfast could be improved on. The bread laid out was cheap sliced white or wholemeal (although there was a nice loaf of raisin bread, but this was sweet so not necessarily to everyone's taste with breakfast), the croissants were hard and the cooked breakfast was mediocre. Good selection though. Smoked salmon would be nice and some vegan options!

The room was huge, bed comfy and the pool was great - at last a swimming pool that's actually warm! We'd definitely come back for the leisure facilities. Nice bar area too.

• Double Guest Room with Two Double Beds

as a single dad with 3 older kids we weren't allowed to have a family swim - even when speaking to the manager - this is really frustrating

Great breakfast and friendly staff - the bonus cookie on welcome was awesome!

The comfort of the bed was abit hard for us and remote for TV didn't work properly

From the time we walked in it was a great experience.The receptionist (Boh) was wonderful.Very efficient helpful smiley.I used to be an air hostess and have stayed in a lot of hotels but she is probably the nicest I have dealt with thank you

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Better heating in the room facility to perches chocolate or snakes.

The staff were helpful and friendly , the room was a little dated and the heating for the room left a lot to be desired, Also it was in the middle of industrial sites which meant there were no other facilities. ie shops etc.

• Queen Guest Room

TV! More breakfast options would be good.... Vegan options and another dairy alternative other than soya.

The TV was very hard to use. Definitely needs updating. Everything else was great.

• Queen Guest Room

Wi-Fi constantly kicked me off and charge for Wi-Fi in rooms meant it was difficult for me to get any work done. Bar was busy with champions league football the second night and servers struggled to cope. Bar food is overpriced for what it is.

Friendly staff, clean premises, relaxed bar area

• Double Guest Room with Two Double Beds

When I left, my credit card transaction was made, but no-one actually said goodbye or thanks- it was just a very impersonal end to the stay, the rest of which had been excellent.

, thoughtfulness of hot cookie on arrival and gym facilities, ease of parking

• Queen Guest Room

Some local members of health club using pool were extremely rude to my family. I think the hotel needs to remind them that hotel guests pay a lot of money to stay and use hotel facilities.

Good breakfast. Comfortable bed. Good access to Bristol.

• Double Guest Room with Two Double Beds

Because we only had a one night stay we didn't see or find anything that we didn't like

It was excellent for what we needed for travel purpose for a one night stay for a family of 3

The leisure facilities were very good all included with the price. More than many other hotels! Breakfast was also a good spread! Free hot cross buns on reception on arrival on Good Friday were also a very nice touch :)

• Queen Guest Room

The rooms were smaller than I had expected, breakfast was good but not enough waiting staff

The staff were great, friendly, really helpful and couldn't do more to help. Excellent customer service

• Family King Guest Room

Alarms went off in the rooms at 2am and had to call reception. Heating went to hot setting and couldn't be turned down and the engineer just pulled the alarm panel off to stop alarm and clearly looked at my wife's breasts. Unacceptable both pulling alarm panels off and looking at women in that manner!

Easy to get to and clean, and nice touches with Easter eggs and shower gels.

• Queen Guest Room

- Bed was really creaky and could feel the springs through the mattress. Not the most comfortable nights sleep.

- Rooms were large and clean. - Use of pool and gym included in stay if you wanted.

• Queen Guest Room

Attempt at charge at end of stay although full account settled upon arrival Charge for car parking, little but really at an out of town Hotel with large car park, and no adjacent areas avalible?

Freindly staff upon arrival but disapointed rooms on different floors

• Double Guest Room with Two Double Beds

Was clearly a business hotel rather than a leisure hotel (but didn't really matter).

Good place to stop over (very close to the M5 motorway) on way to visit family. The kids loved the cookies on arrival and the staff were really welcoming. The kids also loved the swimming pool. My wife was gutted we didn't realise Cribbs Causway shopping centre was so close until we were leaving. Shame :-)

No decaf tea in room

Fabulous dinner, lamb rump, spinach, carrots and dauphinois potatoes. Lovely swim in the pool. Good nights rest in comfortable room and super breakfast.

• Family King Guest Room

Disappointed that despite taking additional cost against card for expenditure in hotel then couldn't book drinks or food at the bar against the room !! Also my Wife ordered breakfast on arrival but this did not get put on the system and the lady in the restaurant in the morning was actually quite rude to us about it and more interested in this and managed to forget to bring us our tea for the table until I complained to one of the other ladies. Finally when I did order food in the bar they managed to also not pass this to the kitchen and I waited in the end over an hour for a sticky toffee pudding which in the end I got a refund for.... This is a shame as we stayed at the hotel about 6-12 months ago and the service was excellent.

Convenient location and good standard of hotel at a reasonable price.

It was an ok hotel

The room was ok but the curtains were hanging of the curtain track and although reported nothing was done to repair the problem NOT GOOD

• Double Guest Room with Two Double Beds

Check-in. Officious. We were told that we had to pay £5 to park at the hotel. We were told we had to pay over £12 for wi-fi in room. We were told that we couldn't just walk in to the restaurant. We had to book. All bad first impressions.

Friendly staff in bar area. Nice big beds.

• Family King Guest Room

They shouldn’t be allowed to charge for the sofa bed, my children slept really uncomfortably they were terrible. Even though I phoned at mid day to say I wouldn’t be booking in until 9pm the room was not set up for 4 people. I just expected more from a double tree Hilton

Good breakfast, pool nice.

• Queen Guest Room

Towels were quite thin. Noisy extractor in bathroom and no other light source so not conducive to a relaxing quiet bath! Also was woken in the early hours by people talking in the corridor and opening/closing fire doors.

The lounge area in the evening is a great place to relax with a drink. The pizza was delicious. Bed was comfy, nice duvet set and pillows were good. The Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries were just enough for one night but good quality and smelled great.

• Queen Guest Room

In the morning on 3 occasions, staff kept coming into my room without knocking when I was in bed, this is not a nice experience as some of these were men. Service at dinner: waiting to be served, not told until ordering what food had run out, waitress unfriendly.

Check in service

• Family King Guest Room

Just after few minutes in the room, the room cleaning staff came into the room without knocking, and later at the evening (which i find very odd) our room was cleaned despite we’ve put the sing on the door to not to do so. It was quite disturbing. Room service, as much as it was polite, mixed the order. On plus side they didn’t charge us for it. Breakfast was average, scrumble eggs we’re very bad, pastries we’re stale. Hotel itself was nice, but staff, as much as polite and nice it was, seem to do mistake after mistake. They seem to be confused about everything and not very good orientated about what is going on. Little mistakes but happened all the time makes you doubt the 4 star quality of the hot l. As many hotels I’ve being into this on was by far the most unsettling.

The room was very nice and bed was big and comfortable. Restaurant meals were very tasty on the evening. And the swimming pool was lovely and warm.

• Queen Guest Room

The staff at the hotel were amazing, checking in was exceptionally friendly, bar staff were fantastic, even the staff around the pool area reception were lovely and friendly. breakfast staff didnt really exceed expectations they just sat us down and that was it. No explanation of what to do, what kind of facilities were available, we found our own way. Food in restaurant was very good, we would definatley return.

• Family King Guest Room

The "hot plates" for food must have been stored in the freezer. They were, literally, ice cold. A rather silly mistake for a four star hotel.

The staff. An example: natalie. She always had a big smile and made every guest feel special.

• Family King Guest Room

Had to pay for car parking. Room was cold but bathroom was freezing, we had to put towels on the tiles so that we could walk on them as they were so cold.

Friendly check in staff, good bar lounge. Beer reasonably priced.

• Queen Guest Room

it is ridiculous to advertise wifi as free as a banner headline and then point out you have to pay for it in the small print. if i had known you had to pay £15/day for wifi would have gone to a normal property. this is very backward

• Queen Guest Room

Clinical waste yellow box in female pool changing rooms didn't have a sealed lid therefore dirty needles were exposed. Should be sealed and changed weekly.

• Queen Guest Room

Location is pretty poor, but that was my mistake and I should have done more research.

The welcome cookies were very tasty & a nice touch. The room was clean and beds very comfortable.

• Queen Guest Room

Minor issues with the hot tub in the pool which meant it was unusable for long periods of time mainly in the evening

Clean smart rooms, located in a great place not far from the city centre as well as many places on the outskirt great place to stay for shopping weekends.

4 star hotel :-)

5 pounds car parking or 24 depending on the customers face i belive, that they claim at check out, and are a rape off , because you park in the hotel parking lot, no heating in rooms, jacuzy works only when they want not even in a friday evening. view was exeptional i can watch in another 5 apartments acros a small garden :-0

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Spa facilities were brilliant. Breakfast was very good and everything was there, even pancakes. Staff were more than helpful. I even left my coat in my room and they had it posted back to me. Excellent!

• Queen Guest Room

Had to switch rooms because of faulty bathroom facilities, otherwise all good. Not happy to have to pay for car parking I believe it should be free for hotel guests

Friendly staff and ease of access from M5 motorway

• Queen Guest Room

Could hear doors slamming most of the night & early morning, you could hear the surrounding rooms when they flushed their toilets! You could hear the cistern filling up afterwards!

Alex on reception was very helpful

• Queen Guest Room

No smoking area to sit and have a cuppa, I did not enjoy getting up in the morning and having to stand outside with my cup of tea in the rain. I would not use this hotel again for that reason alone. £5.00 parking I don't think guests should pay but it was cheap compared to other Hilton hotels

lounge area to relax, rooms as expected, accessible from the motorway for trip into Bristol

• Queen Guest Room

Towels, etc. were basic and not soft/fluffy. Only enough bath/shower gel etc. for one use so had to use soap instead. Took over half an hour to exit hotel car park after conference ended which was frustrating.

The room was a good size. Bed was comfortable. Nice bed linen and pillows. Tea making facilities were a plus. Pleasant smelling toiletries. Helpful staff (I had forgotten my deodorant and was kindly lent some by the lady on reception!)

I liked the hotel, it is just quite far away so better with people who have a car. But no complaints: room was nice, staff was really helpful, everything went smoothly.

• Queen Guest Room

The double bed was not a real double bed and only just big enough for 2 adults as long as you don’t move whilst in the bed The WiFi was appalling The shower is in the worlds smallest bath which was too narrow to stand up in properly and was not really very safe. To turn on the shower you had to stand in the bath lean under the shower to turn it on and get blasted with freezing cold water. The water in the shower was luke warm so not very nice in the freezing cold weather Our room was not cleaned on our first day although we had the sign on the door and saw plenty of staff near the room when we left and returned, all rooms nearby were cleaned The TV had a fuzzy picture and the channel choice was very poor We have stayed in Hilton hotels before and this hotel is definitely not up to the Hilton standard

The duvet on the bed was fantastic, staff were friendly

• Queen Guest Room

Service was suspect, not enough staff in the restaurant, the lady at the reception of the gym/pool was quite miserable, not very friendly at all. The pool is unusable, it is about 2ft deep at one end and probably less than 20ft long, plus half of it was closed off for swimming lessons until 8pm, probably because only children can use it! The wifi is rubbish, plus it appeared to be 'restricted' to certain websites. No free water in the rooms. Would expect more from Hilton for the price paid, not quite up to the standard expected in modern hotels. Will stay at the Aztec across the road next time.

Comfortable large rooms, location is great right on the motorway junction.

• Queen Guest Room

That I had to leave. The weekend was over to quickly

The fact I was able to take my pet with me. Breakfast was complete, lots of choices. Luxurious with my pet and family.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

the room was very basic. no bottled water/ very basic range of drinks (no peppermint or de-cafineated teas) My room was opposite a cleaning cupboard and the leaning staff were petty noisy in the mornings.

The gym and pool was nice. staff were friendly generally

• Queen Guest Room

The bed was quite creaky and disturbed my sleep through the night. Not keen on shower curtains would prefer a glass screen

Clean, quiet comfortable. Gym and pool we're nice additions. The bar was reasonably priced.

• Family King Guest Room

Easy to get to with parking outside. We got our parking off parkopedia which is half the price of the hotel on the day, however make sure you have proof of purchase, as we were questioned about it.

• Queen Guest Room

I was concerned that the water from the shower in the wet room didn't appear to drain very quickly and was approaching the bathroom door and the carpet beyond.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was large (I think this was an assisted person room) and very clean.

• Queen Guest Room

Reception and Accounting IT system. Staff needed to check and re-check that I had asked for a late check-out and that breakfast was included in my booking. It all worked out OK, but I could have done without the hassle. I tried several times to telephone the hotel to warn them that I was going to be late, but could not get through. One of the problems may have been the number on my booking confirmation, which was not answered -- and which may have been the wrong number or an old number, since I found another number on the Hilton Hotels website which was answered by the hotel's automatic system but, after I had pressed the appropriate number (press 1 for ..., 2 for ... etc), led nowhere.

Night staff managed to cope well with my very late arrival. Good room, even if quite a distance from the entrance, reception and breakfast/dining room.

• Family King Guest Room

Not sure there was anything we didn’t like!

We had a really lovely time, we made use of the pool twice a day before and after we adventured out for the day. Staff were really lovely. The cookies were a very kind gesture.

• Queen Guest Room

Bed was noisy walls were thin, I was woken up by next door coughing and moving about at 5.30. The location was in an industrial estate and this cost £89!!!

The pool facilities were excellent

• Queen Guest Room

First time I ordered room service I was not aware they charge £5 extra for the service. All the other times I made the call, they informed me of the charge.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Especially a lady called Bou. They were happy to provide to any request and nothing to complain about.