Reviews of Bromsgrove Hotel and Spa 4 stars

Birmingham Road, Bromsgrove, B61 0JB, United Kingdom

#4 of 5 hotels in Bromsgrove

6.1

Good, value for money, hotel.

Bathroom a little small, and would have preferred a walk-in shower as bath was deep to step up into safely. Although shower was good.

Staff very helpful and pleasant. Food really good. Good standard of cleanliness. I will definitely book again.

Excellent stay, better than expected. Will stay again.

Paying extra for parking- maybe just change price of room? £50 is still reasonable.

Great rooms, bed very comfortable. Everything you need in rooms, iron & tea & coffee. Food also excellent, breakfast & dinner better quality than expected and reasonably priced. Staff very friendly.

Very relaxing before our son's graduation - with other family members

My bed was a little hard but everyone else in the party were happy with theirs.

Very relaxing before our son's graduation/ enjoyed the time in the pool/breakfast very good/everyone slept very well.

Value for money (but spoiled by unexpected car park charge)
    • Standard Single Room

I HATE being stung for unexpected parking charges on arrival. It's nigh on impossible to get to this hotel without a car, so £5 on the agreed overnight rate to arrive by car is a rip-off (a la budget airlines). I stayed here when it was a Hilton and the bathroom was a bit 'tired' then.Things could do with a bit of an upgrade.

Breakfast was good and hot. Not obvious where to find things at first (cereals are behind some tables, tes & coffee round the corner) but the selection was good.

Disappointing - wouldn’t stay again
    • Standard Twin Room

The bathroom in the twin room we were given was filthy. We had to ask for another room, so poor start. Although the hotel has parking it is at £5 per night extra. This wasn’t immediately obvious when we choose the hotel on booking.com The breakfast (which we paid a higher room rate for, so that it was included) was very poor. So we asked to cancel the following mornings breakfast but they wouldn’t agree to a refund for this, so we simply decided not to have it anyway (although we had still paid for it), since it was so poor on our first morning. We went down the road and had croissant and tea at Waitrose instead. The swimming pool (which had been an attraction to first booking this hotel) had to be paid for as an extra, rather than being included for paying guests. So, all in all - disappointing.

Beds were comfortable.

The staff were lovely and very helpfull
    • Standard Twin Room

The Bromsgrove Hotel and Spa was lovely everything you could ask for and they made my little dog so welcome will definitely be back again in the future

Comfortable & relaxing ruined by of lack cleanness & hygiene standards with hidden cost for parking

We stayed in room 203 My phone battery died I don't have a watch The clock in the room was wrong my (1hr behind from when clocks changed) getting us thinking we're ahead of schedule but ran over check out time Cleaners banging (not knocking) on door to service room long before check out around 8am Unexpected parking charge which used to be free for paying guests when it was the Hilton, this really has an impact on price when especially when a couple (who sharing a room) arrive in 2 different cars The cleanness & hygiene standards of the bathroom needs a lot to be desired there was Hairs all over bathroom floor & toilet seat soiled underneath The TV screen looked dirty & the coffee & tea tray provided coffee for one person in a double room & cups were dirty Didn't complain but won't be staying again felt we left the room cleaner than when we first walked in which is a shame as I feel the standards have dropped with the price of the room & parking cost increases days rate (it's in the country side off a motorway nobody is walking in)

The room is a good size & bed is comfortable room was well ventilated Beautiful property & location Having its own resident cat is a little treat for cat lovers adults & children alike

Friendly staff but a very average hotel, a bit overpriced

Decor was a bit tired and dated , no air con in the room Car parking was extra at £10 per night Didn't use the restaurant for evening meal as menu very average, found a great Indian restaurant a 10 minute walk away

It was convenient for where we needed to be

Great value, convenient location.
    • Standard Single Room

Charging for parking seems wrong in this type of location. My bed had seen better days and was definitely past it's best.

Convenient location, staff were friendly and the good sized room was clean. Excellent value through Booking.com on this visit.

slight improvesments needed!

Didn't like the fact that at 3.30 in the afternoon the corridor was still cluttered with dirty glasses and empty bottles and was nor cleared away until after 6.30 pm. Disappointed that the receptionist did not explain where the dinning room was or offer the chance to book a table. Didn't like the squeaky bed.

Appreciated the cooling fan available in the room

Has potential but could be better managed.

I ordered room service for a bottle of wine which took over an hour to arrive. I did call back to double check they'd received the order and they kept saying "It's coming". The next morning when checking out, despite there being 3 bars, I found it very difficult to find somebody to serve me a bottle of water. It's advertised as a Spa hotel, and whilst I had no intentions of using the Spa facilities as I was travelling to see family, I was underwhelmed at the state of the bathroom and cleanliness of the rooms. The grouting was a bit gross and it just looked a bit worn down. The Wifi was extortionately priced. Granted I wasn't expecting The Ritz with a butler on hand 24/7 but what I do expect when paying around £70 for a nights stay is basic cleanliness, basic customer service and Wifi. Whilst there were no particular staff members which made the experience unpleasant, I felt it was the lack of staff in general which was the problem.

The Garden area was a nice sun trap which was an excellent place to enjoy a cold drink in the sunshine.

Worst Hotel I've ever been to

Everything apart from room costs extra. Only Hotel all week where we had to pay parking. 2 days for one night.. we had to search for our room. Only option on the menu was a carvery which we don't like so had to go elsewhere and pay more parking... also costs £7 per day per person for Wi-Fi.. need I go on. Avoid this place if at possible. No personal service just staff working for a wage...

Absolutely nothing to like about this hotel

Poorly run hotel, don't stay here unless you have to.
    • Executive Double Room

Staff that were less than truthful Having booked and paid for an executive room been given a standard room then refused a refund. Limited unapertising menu Charge for parking car £5 Expensive WiFi Appears to be badly managed with poorly trained staff. I would only stay here again if forced to.

Breakfast but at £15 plus should be good.

Great place and location

The fact you have to pay for parking although you are a hotel guest.

Great rooms, very clean and comfy beds. I take my dogs and great grass area to give them a stretch of legs. Just off the motorway, so very convenient.

Very unhappy customer
    • Standard Family Room

Booking an executive room and receiving a standard room I was told no refund applicable, several staff were untruthful concerning how the mistake was made, and blamed booking.com for their error, suggesting that I book direct with hotel in future. I book all of my stays with booking.com who offer a superb service , I shall be taking out a County Court Summons to obtain refund from Hotel. I do not drink alcohol but hotel had run out of zero alcohol larger. The set menue for dinner was so limited that I left the restaurant and had a steak at the steakhouse across the road. I Can only conclude very bad management on part of the hotel. I am a frequent traveler at home and abroad, this is the 1st complaint I have made with any hotel. The breakfast was expensive but excellent. They charge 5 pounds to park car. I must not forget to mention uncollected beer , bottles and glasses outside entrance. I would not recommend this hotel under any circumstances, in fact I am visiting Bromsgrove again tomorrow and will choose an alternative hotel.

Room very clean and tidy bathroom shower area very clean good bed breakfast very good cleaning staff

Carpets in rooms outdated toilet area tiles skirting seals around Bath and washing ares not enough hand rails for disabled flat roofs and gutting around all areas req cleaning paint work around all areas reg a repaint on the hotel outbuilding looks outdated carpets in all areas worn badly hand rails to all areas in side could do with a painting.

Clean rooms breakfast ok

Disappointing - former Hilton hotel nowhere near as good as it used to be.
    • Standard Twin Room

1. Receptionist told us NOTHING - she might as well have stayed silent, she gave us so little information (I'm used to being told if I can charge things to my room card, what time breakfast is, how I can get a table in the restaurant at night, what times it's open, etc). 2. The bathroom was supplied with tiny amounts of toiletries, sufficient for a single pixie to use. There was only 1 hand towel. There was NO bath mat - very dangerous to step out of the bath on to wet tiles. The bathroom was festooned with someone else's hair. 3. The dinner menu was not on offer on this Saturday night - instead, it was a "buffet". The 'antipasti' turned out to be some hideous salads in strange sauce. The buffet allowed only one 'choice' of main item (dished out by a member of staff, so not really a 'buffet' as such) and then basic vegetables - at two courses for £16 it was a poor meal indeed. Charging for car parking is a liberty, frankly.

Good sized room, two double beds.

Staff were very pleasant, very clean hotel with a very nice...

Wedding was on during stay, we were placed directly outside the garden where the party was taking place. Very loud, struggled to get to sleep until party finished around 0200.

Staff were very pleasant, very clean hotel with a very nice room.

Arrived to be told that our booking was cancelled.

Arrived to be told that our booking was cancelled. No reason given. Just cancelled I checked our booking on here and it was still booked. Charged for parking which was not made clear when booked. Disappointed in the lack of communication from hotel.

This was a fantastic work event and

The staff on reception needed additional help dealing with guests as they were swamped with only one on duty which was unfair on them and resulted in standing waiting for longer than I felt necessary. The man who checked us in was very polite and helpful but seemed flustered and could have done with some help. Our WiFi was included in our group deal and yet the same man who checked me in said he was unable to issue us vouchers for the WiFi and would only be able to get sorted in the morning. We all use our internet for working so this was a bit frustrating. Some periodic deep cleaning of the rooms especially the bathrooms would my only critique but I'm very fussy but it was evident that a regular clean had taken place and I felt the room was of good order.

Staff were all very friendly and helpful. They did their absolute best while understaffed. Room was lovely and big.

The location was good with easy access to m42 & m5.

It was like going back in time, notices on windows saying to lock them but no key available, the bathroom door was for stick insects only otherwise had to stand in bath to close it! They charged for parking in a non-city centre location, big notices saying dont bring any food or drink into hotel, only 1 out of 6 lamps in room worked, tv remote didnt work, breakfast menu limited & not well cooked, large tubs tubs of jam etc just left open by toaster for anyone (including flies) to dip into, room keys not working resulting in long walk back to reception & wait for ages to get key re-programmed - overall a disappointing hotel

The location was good with easy access to m42 & m5. Towels were nice & white & fluffy

Total enjoyment

We had room 115, which I believe has not been updated, it was a little bit old and dowdy. But clean and tidy.

General layout downstairs is really lovely. Open plan, yet, plenty of places to sit with friends. Bar meal was excellent.

Definitely NOT value for money.

Highly inefficient booking in experience - 1 member of staff and a queue of 6 people! Staff who looked miserable - no welcoming smile. Bar staff who couldn't even say 'can I help you' or 'thank you'. This hotel is tired and dated. Bathroom left a lot to be desired in terms of cleanliness and function.

The convenience to the place I was working for two day

I wouldn't hurry back here

You have to pay for parking. You have to pay for wifi No complimentary biscuits with the tea/coffee (small things matter) I wanted to order food from the restaurant and eat in the bar area, a matter of a few metres, but was told very distinctly that No it can't be done and that If I wanted to eat in the bar I would need to order from the bar menu. Surely all the food comes from the same kitchen? Be careful when you book to make sure of the daily room rate.

The access to the gym and pool is an added bonus

Convenient location but that's it. Depressing.

Bland with a capital B. Staff were devoid of life. Bar area had atmosphere akin to an old folks' home. Bathroom grubby with 'hairs' on floor. Bed and bedding was basic and cheap. Fish & chips in bar area was surprisingly ok but took 45 minutes to arrive. Don't expect any sleep due to the nightly door slamming competition in the corridor.

Errrmmm... The hotel cat! :)

Comfortable Stopover

Bathrooms were small, door entrance is cramped. Marble door saddle was slippery.

Great Breakfast, plenty selections, comfortable patio area, easy check in.

Staff are really friendly and helpful and everywhere is...

Food and drinks were expensive and paying a fiver a day for the car park wasn't great.

Staff are really friendly and helpful and everywhere is clean and tidy

You win some you lose a little more
    • Standard Single Room

1. Pay for parking when i requested free parking on search 2. Staff - you have to go hunting for them if its on reception or at the bar, they wonder round. 3. No plug sockets in room, they have covered them all up. 4. Bed was like laying on a plank of wood it was so hard.

The location is great for a stop off up north. Also the price on booking.com is great.....thats it

just about bearable
    • Standard Single Room

hairs on the bathroom floor and in the bath pillows were like bricks room was a bit smelly and very cold restaurant was closed so only doing bar snacks in front of the large football screen

Good for a overningt stay, quality rooms but could do with a few tweeks on the breakfast food side.

Paying for parking where there is plenty of space. I didnt use any other facilities apart from the hotel so as a guest I feel it should be included. Others using the Spa, pool etc as day visitors should pay a resonable amount. Breakfast expensive. Although a good selection the quality could have been better. The coffee dispensing machine was awful broken and should have been scrapped.

Good size rooms easy access and parking, easy to find reception, communal lounge and bar. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Never stay here again ..£10 for 2 cars and 20 mins free WiFi ..rip off

Being charged £10 for 2 cars to park overnight which is a rip off. Free wi-fi lasts only 20 minutes ...should be stipulated on booking.com Noise...lots of!!

Grounds are nice room big

Cleanliness poor, bathroom and toilet not up to standard, hair in bath plug hole lots of hair.... toilet not clean enough hair and dirt on it.. Definitely let it down just need a bit more attention to detail..

Grounds are nice room big

we arrived during the evening - took a while for someone to...
    • Standard Twin Room

we arrived during the evening - took a while for someone to come to reception to book us in Car parking is not free on site - yet this is not town or city center

Short & Sweet

Nothing, I wouldn't change a single thing about my stay.

The staff were so friendly & nice, the room was clean and spacious with a nice view and very little outside noise.

Convenient locality, very reasonable cost for accommodation and ideal for one night stay

Check in process was quick and easy however the priority appeared to be registering my car registration number and paying for the car park!!! I didn’t use pool facilities because I was disappointed to find out that there was an additional fee to be paid.

Convenient locality to where I needed to be early on Monday morning. Easy check in process. Quick to check out following morning

Excellent hotel and very good value
    • Standard Twin Room

Parking charges should be made clearer

Excellent facilities and very comfortable beds. Bathroom spotless and room very quiet. Did not use the spa or have breakfast as only an overnight stop.

The room was very spacious and airy and the breakfast made up for the uncomfortable bed!

The bed was uncomfortable and noisy so every time you rolled over it creaked. There were several stains on the carpet which looked unsightly.

The room was very spacious and airy.

average.

The unacceptable meanness - any hotel that charges residents to park when not in a town centre or near an airport doesnt deserve my custom. It is a poor practice. Even worse is they actually only publish a premium phone number so I have to pay a premium to call them then to wait on hold for ages. NOT GOOD and very mean.

The location was good

Everything was an extra. Wi-fi was charged per device and the free lobby Wi-fi didn’t work. The car parking signs reminding people to pay and about parking disputes were numerous and oppressive.

The location was good

Great stay, welcoming staff

The location of the hotel is great with a few local restaurants and scenic places to have a walk. Staff were welcoming and check in/out was dealt with swiftly also we were greeted with a well presented room.

not great
    • Standard Twin Room

free wifi - what free wifi ? i asked about the wifi and was told that its £7 per device. Bathroom tap fell off in my hand when turning on sink tap. fee for parking even though you are staying there :(

comfy bed. nice big room

Comfortable no frills accommodation.
    • Standard Single Room

It was old and a bit delapidated. The sealent had mould growing in it. When I wanted to have a bath the water temperature would not warm enough to have a luxurious bubble filled bath. But over all it served its purpose to shower and brush teeth etc

Nice pressure. Good temperature bathroom

Great location and can't go wrong for the price.

Can't think of anything.

Massive room, didn't need to go out for a walk. Great to have a proper bath too. Wish I'd been there longer to explore other facilities.

The choice of breakfast when I finally realised where...

Staff were sparce, when we wanted to go for breakfast it was ages before someone came to seat us. We wasn't explained to about all the options at breakfast and it wasn't topped up very well. The pillows on the bed were very uncomfortable and the bathroom was very out dated. It also wasn't great that we had to pay for parking either!

The choice of breakfast when I finally realised where everything was. There was great range of cereals, fruit and cooked breakfast. Just could be kept on top of more.

Not as good as owe first stay......

We have stayed there before the hotel is a nice place the only problem there was, there was a wedding there on Saturday and it was vary noisy with kids and adults running up and down the corridors until two / three in the morning,,, they have two wings in this hotel so i suggest to keep the wedding guest all together and not mix them with the other customers. thanks John..........

The facilities are very good and clean, staff are friendly, and the breakfast is great. thanks John....

• Standard Family Room

Room stunk of smoke Had to move rooms late at night with 2 small children The tv did not work in the 2nd room Rooms were tired and dated

The pool and gym are decent

Tea and coffee making facilities are always appreciated.

The bed was creaky and TV was not facing the bed or the chairs. Parking spaces were narrow with mis-leading signs about the cost and no pavement to reception. Most of the gardens were blocked off and those that were available no smoking was allowed.

Tea and coffee making facilities are always appreciated. Bar prices are comparable to local pub prices

Expensive & worn
    • Standard Single Room

Pretty old furnishings & well worn. Parking cost extra £7, got to watch what 'parking available' really means. Overpriced for the level of presentation. Breakfast bowls and glasses were dirty, and coffee from a machine was awful and not hot, not hard to do dripper coffee, not worth £10 Internet only in lobby

Only close to where I needed to go

Location, room size, comfortable bed, good restaurant,...

Pay for car park and £14 per day wifi is a very antiquated attitude towards what a hotel should be providing for business travellers. Much competition in the area - these could be deciding factors.

Location, room size, comfortable bed, good restaurant, friendly staff and at the right price

An enjoyable stay - the happy hour in the bar was a good idea and the bar food was excellent.

The shower/bath slip mat needed replacing as it was brown on the underside and had obviously been used many times. Unfortunately the TV stopped working on the Saturday morning and the engineer could not get it fixed until the Monday. The light went out over the washbasin also on the Saturday evening and again could not be fixed, we were offered another room, but decided against that. Also the toilet was difficult to flush.

The hotel was nice - the room we had was very spacious, had two double beds and was very quiet and in a nice position on the first floor. Good tea and coffee making facilities, more than adequate room in the wardrobe with lots of hangers. Towels were lovely - thick and fluffy and very clean. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean.

It was ok

charge for wifi £7 per device which is terrible. £5 parking for the car park. If your staying in the hotel the parking should be free. Room located next to Gym which at 10pm there was loud music

Nice big rooms, lovely reception area

Change hotel name to ‘Noisy Doors’

1. Car parking charges, makes no sense as it’s mikes from anywhere where non guest parking would happen. 2. Every guest room has no door seal and so the self closing doors make a loud noise when they close as wood hits wood. Only hotel I know that has no door seals. 3. Reception failed to tell me an urgent parcel had arrived for me even though I asked so after checkout (it arrived the day before) I had a 2 hour round trip back to hotel to get it.

Dog friendly - I only stay at Pet Friendly hotels.

Stayed befor3 and all was good this time it’s a thumbs down don’t know what’s happened but defiantly

The parking situation, the bathroom was mildew , the bed was very cranky

You pay for parking with no real way of knowing ifs it’s gone through judging by what people say I would rather pay more for the room in the first place the room was tired the bed creaked and the chairs were broken also the corridor was noisy I have stayed here a lot and never had such an experience it’s put me off coming back

Very pleasant

Surcharges to park and use the spa facilities where disappointing however the overall cost including these was still good value for money.

Clean and tidy, good facilities and close to the motorway

The property was very clean and the rooms were spacious.
    • Standard Single Room

My only annoyance with the hotel was that I was unaware of being charged for parking until arriving. Also the WiFi was only available for two 20 minute blocks after this it was then 7 pound per 24 hours

The property was very clean and the rooms were spacious. I got this on an offer rate which gave me fantastic value for money

Good but would never pay full price

Internet connection/wifi is rubbish and you have to pay extortionate rates after 20 minutes, hit and miss whether you are asked to pay for parking, the hotel is pet-friendly which is great but there is a resident cat in the reception called Hilton and it's a ruddy nightmare with a dog! We weren't told so the first I saw of the cat was my dog flying under the wedding display table! Shower/bathroom is old. Totally overpriced most days until weekend when you can stay for £35-£45 usually - I wouldn't pay over £50 for it. no chance.

Bed very comfy, having stayed there a few times now there is a consistent standard, late check out is nice too. Pet friendly and generally laid-back. Breakfast is good. Rooms are spacious and have always been clean. Garden view is nice and room service good.

Nice comfortable place but parking and wifi charged as extras

Car parking charged extra to hotel at £10 per night Free WIFI in foyer lounge only, charged extra in bedroom Electricity suspect in room, lights and TV went off when things plugged into some sockets

Room size, View over garden, Comfortable bed

The hotel seemed half closed. Restaurant shut. Spa shut. Dim lighting in the lobby. The next morning at check out it was all lit with music etc - what a difference

Good big room

As above
    • Executive Double Room

Charge for internet in rooms is off putting and somewhat out of step with most hotels these days. I did not notice this charge when booking and as a rule will never book a hotel without free internet in rooms. This will stop me staying here again. Has a slightly outdated feel about the place.

Comfy room.

This is an excellent quiet place to stay and the location is easy to find
    • Standard Single Room

Room 203 did pick up some noise from the air conditioning units outside but I was to tired to worry about that after a 12 day shift

When visiting Dad I stay here. The location is great and very quiet with no road noise. The hotel is very good for access as it's mostly on the level. Great restaurant and good service

The room was bigger than expected.
    • Standard Twin Room

The bathroom needs updating and get rid of the carpet under the hand basin. There were cards to hook over the door handle, if you required the room to be serviced. We didn't use this yet, found on return that staff had been in the room.

The room was bigger than expected.

A pleasant cost-effective stay in a place that has now slipped from its erstwhile distinction
    • Standard Twin Room

Lots of noise from corrirdors, from wedding guests - who are allowed to run up-and-down the long passageways to let off steam. The spa & pool facilities were available *but* at an extra cost - so we didn't use them. The coffee shop was never open and the bar was rarely serviced [I think they're running short of staff.] The restuarant was mostly empty and stopped serving at 9pm. And the only free wi-fi is is in the main lounge (20 minutes)

Lovely big room with two huge beds, good dressing table & wardrobe area. Our room was cleaned and refreshed every day of our stay by attentive cleaners. An efficient check-in procedure made us feel welcome.

Won't be returning
    • Standard Single Room

Charged for on-site parking at £5/night on top of room price. Bed was not set up correctly, head board was lower than foot. mattress sloped in all directions from the middle. No red button service on the TV . 5 little milk cartons in room with 3 coffee one cup sachets, no biscuit. No alarm clock/radio in room. No bath mat for bathroom floor. All in all for this price range (don't forget the £5 add on!), I have not stayed anywhere worse than this. Never again

The shower was OK

Staff need sorting out

Noisy in the evenings. Asked for lower ground room and got one above it. We had a meal in the restaurant and they didn't even ask us if we wanted a drink. We called them over and asked for water. They eventually came with a jug of water with no glasses and didn't return with any. During breakfast on the first day I asked for decaf tea. I was told to go to the coffee bar and get it there. On the Sunday I asked for decaf tea and they sorted it out. Basically, Saturday staff need training or sacking, Sunday staff were fantastic. Receptionists were fantastic on all days too.

The rooms are nice and big

good functional gym.
    • Standard Single Room

rooms are big but maintenance is not upto the mark. In todays day and age they are charging 15 quid for day's internet per equipment. that is something i have not seen anywhere else

good functional gym. very large lobby.

Exellent for my needs. I didn't use the Spa or Fitness Centre hence the score
    • Standard Single Room

Hearing Dogs barking when people walked along the corridoor.

Lovely comfortable ground floor room for elderly traveller, friendly staff. Affordable for single traveller.

4.5
    Massively underwhelming

Property overall looking a bit tired. Bed very uncomfortable with just a wooden plank under the mattress. Water pressure useless. It took half an hour to run a bath and having a shower was a joke.

Buffet breakfast was ok.

This was advertised as a 4 star hotel and definitely was not.
    • Standard Twin Room

This was advertised as a 4 star hotel and definitely was not. No drawers to place clothes that would not hang up in the wardrobe, no chest of drawers or bedside cabinet. The tea making facilities were basic - no biscuits as would be expected of a 4 star hotel. wifi in the room cost extra and the toilets in reception were dirty - one of 3 was blocked. finally despite pre-paying for the room at a guaranteed firm price I was charged an additional £5 / day on check in. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

School report would read Could do better

Greeting by staff at breakfast was abysmal. Took room number from us then just said "find a table". No staff waiting on table to help, you had to find them. Coffee from machine which wasn't working properly. The table on which the machine sat was covered in used tea bags, water, milk etc; looked like the Somme on a good day. Chef/cook needed lessons on cooking breakfast. Glad we didn't pay £15 per person for it.

Room was OK, although bathroom facilities had seen better days. Young lady behind the bar on Friday night was excellent, couldn't do more to help.

Everything I need

To learn that any tip left for staff that is signed to your room goes directly to Britannia Hotels and the hard working front line staff don't see any of it

Good food and coffee

Breakfast could have been better, waited five minutes for...

Breakfast could have been better, waited five minutes for staff to realise we had arrived and seated us at our table, which was dirty hadn’t been cleaned since the people before us

Very poor and shoddy
    • Standard Twin Room

Bugs and insects in the bed room, staff mostly rude and very unhelpful, dirty crockery, disorganised staff, inability to allocate family rooms to families. Hotel manager could not even keep promise to call after we had complained.

Reception team on Thursday were initially helpful

Time to escape a busy work life

The cleanliness in certain areas ie the bar area and dining area

The bed was very uncomftable. The toilet in the room didnt work even after being repaired. The staff were friendly and helpful but certain areas were not very clean.

Felt cleaner going in than leaving after a spa and shower
    • Standard Twin Room

Lots of things but cleanliness was the worst and the changing rooms in the so called spa were toe curling. Smelly and what I imagine a prison in Turkey would be like. Room was not hoovered in years, hairs all over toilet and bath, bath Mat!! Had mound, sink was all chipped and you paid for parking for the privilege of staying on the set of holidays from hell.

Cheap but not cheerful
    • Standard Single Room

Dreadful food. Surly staff. Parking charge of £5 not made clear when booking. Lack of lift not made clear at time of booking

Location handy for motorways. Nice rooms