Reviews of Hilton Cambridge City Centre 4 stars

#8 of 31 hotels in Cambridge

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Just ok
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Small room and beds , have stayed before as a group of four Friends and had a lovely big room with big beds ! Not enough towels or mugs for the amount of people staying , had to ask for more !

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

b&b was good but The view outside the room was terrible.
    • King Guest Room

The view outside the room was terrible. The room without windows was rather stuffy. If I had known before the reservation, I would have been better.

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Not good value for money. Poor check in staff training.
    • Executive King Room

Very inexperienced staff. Very slow check in , gave a room key with somebody already in the room which is very unprofessional, did not check carefully the booking information, gave a wrong room, gave me a room with extra bed while I did not ask for....The breakfast at the executive lounge was insufficient, very slow refill and little choice of food there.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The location is perfect.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Came with my parents for leisure and chose to stay 3 nights in Hilton, in mid day liked to take snap but hearing drilling noise, another day (in Friday)in afternoon heard 4 times fire alarm ringing , I called reception and they said it's testing which maybe finish now. There are many lines in phone connecting to guest service, housekeeping, maintenance...I understand how busy receptionist is , as all the lines were picked up by reception. Sometimes called many times nobody answer .

The location is perfect. The breakfast is good , but the sausage is very dry. receptionists are very friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Everything was perfect the only complaints i have are that...
    • Queen Guest Room

Everything was perfect the only complaints i have are that the lift was far too slow either get a second lift or speed up the one thats already there!! Breakfast the next morning was a disaster, there was 2 of us for breakfast yet we were placed at a table that was only set up for one person the layout for the breakfast could be more clearly labelled as i had to ask where the tea making was as it was on the far side of the kitchen and had not seen it. Due to the table only set for one person i asked the waitress for another cup so that both of us could have a cup of tea i felt shocked at the force she used to put the cup on the table almost felt like she nearly threw it onto the table. The glass of orange we were giving when we arrive for breakfast was absolutely delicious.

Central location, comfortable room
    • Queen Guest Room

Fire alarm going off twice just before midnight and no hot water in the morning as the boiler had been switched off.

Central location, comfortable room

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

It was our first and last stay in this hotel chain
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

The fire alarm set off twice and no procedure for false alarm was in place, there was no communication from the hotel to the customer or apologies.in the morning I had to take a cold shower because there was a general issue that I only learnt when I call the reception. Again no communication from the hotel to the customer.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Location very good for restaurants. We found it was ideal for getting to the places we wanted.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Fire alarm went off twice between 10.30 and 11.00!

Cooked breakfast could have been a little hotter. We had two double beds for three people. The person sleeping ‘in the middle did not have a bedside table.

standard for what I would expect form a Hilton hotel
    • King Junior Suite

Been more aware of cleaning of bathrooms and repairs if required.

Hotel was fair however the bathroom toilet had leakage round base which I took photos of and reported to reception. I have not added these to this report on the hotel as would not be a good advert.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Great location hotel not as good as expected
    • Queen Guest Room

Room was quite small, Curtain let light in around edge early morning. No drawers for clothes, No night bathroom light. No mini bar in room. Reported broken bath overflow on first night, never fixed. £25 per night to park car.

Location is excellent for walking around town

Great location but unfriendly staff
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Staff not very friendly Ordered room service but food was delivered cold Really bed smell of cigarette smoke all night in our room

Beds very comfy Breakfast was lovely Perfect location Valet parking

Wedding weekend in Cambridge.

Nothing I could fault.

Easy walk to sights around town. Quiet room. Extensive breakfast menu. Helpful staff. Valet parking cheaper than using nearby car park oneself. Close to Pembroke college for wedding.

Deception
    • King Guest Room

The TV source was not on. I called the technician, but after 15 minutes I cancelled it, since no one showed up. There is no gown in the room, so you have to dress up again for the coming of a technician, who eventually does not show up. The clock is not set at this right hour (it is switched off actually) and you have to fight to figure out how that works. The window does not open and the air-conditioning took a while to finally start. I had asked for a 'nice room', and I was given one with a view on the atrium (how claustrophobic). My request to have an external view was OKed with no smile. 349 pounds. Wow

The breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

I enjoyed my stay in spite of one or two irritations.
    • Queen Guest Room

My main problem was the lack of shelf space in the bathroom so that there was nowhere to put my own toiletries. Also the holder for the hand towel was broken and there was no attempt to repair it.

The staff were very helpful particularly looking after my walker and my car. The room was quiet and comfortable, and the breakfasts excellent.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The room was a good size and the bed was comfy.
    • King Guest Room

Our room service breakfast order was interpreted incorrectly and when we called down to sort it, room service didn't answer, so reception sorted it out. The room service lady then called back and was impolite.

The room was a good size and the bed was comfy. We had room service, of which the food was good. The location was good, close to the centre, to shops and to separate parking (not using the valet)

Location is excellent.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

I contacted the hotel’s Reservation to confirm that I would be arriving a day late due to unforeseen travel changes but I was happy to pay the full amount. I was told that a note would be placed on file and that there would be no problem. On arrival I was told that my reservation has been canceled because I was a day late and that there was no note on my file. After escalating to the Reservations Manager, my booking was “reluctantly” reinstated. Needless to say, this left a very bad taste!!

Location is excellent. Reception staff (Julianna) was very helpful.

Would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone else without hesitation.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

The service was excellent during breakfast and the Concierge service also. Reception staff were very quick and efficient. The bar staff were not as good but the bar prices were slightly lower than we had experienced at the Hilton Doubletree in Amsterdam, so that was a bonus.

Bed was extremely comfortable.
    • King Guest Room

Bed was extremely comfortable. Cleanliness excellent. Breakfast a little disappointing as cooked breakfast self service food was only warm and not hot which I would have expected. Breakfast selection of foods good.

Excellent stay
    • King Guest Room

Lift being repaired so only one working but not a major issue.

Fantastic location- easy to walk everywhere. Great to have valet parking for the car. Very comfortable, clean room. Friendly, helpful staff who were welcoming and professional. Excellent breakfast selection and delicious dinner in the evening in the restaurant. Would recommend to anyone.

Perfect location for a short stay
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

It doesn't really look or feel like a Hilton (a local friend said it used to be a Holiday Inn or a Premier Inn, which makes more sense). It's perfectly fine, especially for a short stay, but it doesn't feel like an upmarket brand hotel. We had a view of the lobby roof and lots of internal windows i.e. no view of Cambridge itself.

It's in a perfect location right in the city centre, and breakfast is nice with a good selection of hot and cold food and also a 'free from' table. The room we had was comfortable and the bathroom was well equipped and clean. The guy who handled our valet parking was very nice and helpful. It's good for a short stay.

The breakfast is very good.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Parking need to pay.Complimentary mineral water not provided.Toiletries insufficient

The breakfast is very good. Location of the hotel is very strategic.

Bad and disappointed

I hate the low standard of Hilton nowadays compared with years before. The rooms are poorly decorated and needs to update! The food in breakfast bar was not good. Charge so much and offer so little, soon Hilton will lose your customer base. Hilton aiming to become holiday inn standard?! Please save your brand name before too late!

I love the front desk staff. That is all. They were helpful.

Fantastic venue.

Nothing to report.

It's location was our main reason for booking this hotel. The hotel its self was well above what we expected. Staff very helpful, room clean and comfortable. We will be booking this venue on our next trip to Cambridge .

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Lovely breakfast, staff were helpful
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

We asked for a glass of house white wine at the bar but was given the most expensive glass which was twice the price.

Lovely breakfast, staff were helpful

Very central
    • King Guest Room

Very disappointed we we unable to access any TV, Sky Sport in particular and we were not advised about this at check in. We also requested help with the in room safe twice but no one came.

Room was very comfortable, especially the bed. Amazing breakfast. Most staff friendly and helpful, especially the lovely lady in the executive lounge and the concierge guys. Great central location.

very good, many thanks, good design, friendly staff, very helpful ,

entrance escalator

bed pillows super , bed comfortable, bath light for night excellent, staff super friendly, struggled with my breakfast, the breakfast staff was very friendly but I struggled to find my porridge and how to make it

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Very close to city center

I booked two rooms and when I checked in, I was informed that the two rooms are close to each other ( one room was ready the other wasn’t) I told the receptionist I have to go to the airport My family flight about to arrive. When I come back to the hotel and I checked in for the other room, I told her is the room are close to other room. She surprise me and said no it’s not but the are in the same floor. I said you workmates told me that they are close to each other she said I don’t know what happened ( what a great answer)

Very close to city center

Stayed at hiltons before. Very disappointed with size of room for price.
    • Queen Guest Room

The room was very small. Nowhere to hang full length dress and no drawers for underwear. Air con was a little noisey but worked well.

Staff. Air con. Breakfast. Comfortable bed.

Lots of money for en avarage hotelroom with no open window!
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

The windows are closed! And we can get fresh air just through the airco! I hate that! There were no adapter at the reception! And it costs lots of money.

I liked the rich breakfast! Good location!

Great location and helpful staff.
    • King Guest Room

It does not have any identity of Cambridge, it could be a Hilton anywhere in the world.

Great location. Reception staff helpful and very reactive to requests. Friendly and helpful concierge. Room was fine.

Ideal for a short stay.
    • King Guest Room

Car parking is in a nearby car park and there is a charge but valet parking is available.

Couldn’t ask for a better location near to the majority of the colleges and town centre - all within walking distance plus a wide choice of places to eat.

Great location, well maintained hotel with friendly and efficient staff.
    • King Junior Suite

Buffet breakfast a little disappointing - otherwise we liked everything

Great central location. Decent sized nicely furnished bedroom. Pleasant and efficient staff. Executive lounge access during the early evening is a nice touch.

Disorganized hotel unlike under the name of Hilton
    • Executive King Room

The reception never took the phone. I had to call because the TV in my room didn't work. I've tried to make many calls from around 5 pm till 8 pm but they didn't answer. I even made a outside call and the reservation staff transferred my call to the reception desk but they still didn't answer. They didn't answer the guest service, too. They only answer the room service and the reservation.

They brought water.

Great city centre hotel
    • King Guest Room

Great location in city centre, close to shops, bars and restaurants, very clean, lovely furnishings and staff couldn’t do enough for you. Oh valet parking was great too.

Not for people with limited mobility.
    • Queen Guest Room

Really disappointed that at check in the hotel had not registered our email requesting an accessible room with walk in shower. My parents (85 and 94) were with us and were quite worried that there was no room for them. The first member of staff clearly did not believe that I had sent the email and was not willing to help us. Thankfully a manager (Pawel?) stepped in as I was scrolling back through two months of emails to find it! He gave us a room and provided a bath hoist so we were able to stay. This experience left a bad taste and I have emailed the hotel but have had no reply. There are only two rooms here with walk in showers (and I had booked in March so they obviously get booked up well in advance). The hotel's location is central - a requirement for limited mobility. However its pretty standard for the price. But though the price is high, there's a £25 per day parking charge for a car -again a requirement for people with limited mobility.

Central Cambridge location.

very enjoyable cambridge is a beautiful compact city
    • King Junior Suite

the cost of the parking but in a city centre only to be expected

the location was excellent staff very helpful the use of the executive lounge was very useful & the valet parking was very convenient in a city centre if we were staying in cambridge again would stay here

Great hotel. Very central. Awful view!
    • Queen Guest Room

The view from window was a brick wall which obscured the view completely and made the room very dark.. there was no indication on booking that this would be a possibility

Lovely room and bathroom

Perfect location, great service
    • King Junior Suite

The hotel did not have my reservation, made through Booking.com 2 days prior, when I arrived. Staff were professional, friendly and helpful in resolving it.

Perfect location for an easy walk to the centre of town. Shops and restaurants close by. Staff were very helpful.

Mostly good, would like the prices cheaper so I an stay more often :)
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Homeless sleeping near hotel. Some rooms are noisy from people out for the evening and people selling river Cam boat trips. Also a bit tight on t bags etc depending on who is on reception.

Area, Breakfast, Staff, and beds and sheets clean and comfortable.

Nice hotel but really poor service.
    • Queen Guest Room

Room had bits and pieces missing. Reception staff really poor; while standing in a queue waiting for them, they just chatted amongst themselves for ages and then decided to serve someone who just arrived rather than someone from the queue. Bar staff were the same.

Nice pleasant hotel in the centre of Cambridge

Family visit - convenient for shopping, visiting colleges and dining with family and friends.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

I'd have liked to have an opening window but we could still see the sky.

We loved the convenience of having the concierge park our car. The reception staff were very polite and helpful. Our room was clean and having two double beds was economical for the family, staying together. The air conditioned bar has a lovely view of historic buildings and the staff were very friendly and efficient. The breakfast was varied, well cooked and we didn't have to wait. We loved the glass roof in the reception area. The hotel is convenient for walking, near shops and the Fitzwilliam Museum. And the cleaning staff were very efficient - all done during breakfast!

On the whole, feels more like a Travelodge than a Hilton.
    • Queen Guest Room

Rooms don't have a fridge/mini-bar.

Good selection of SKY TV channels Great location in Cambridge town centre Staff very helpful, but sometimes needed a few prompts/reminders

The hotel itself was nice.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Staff is polite, but useless (with a few that actually knew what they were doing). There was no water in the room when we arrived. The bartender in the lobby bar, had dificulty putting a few different items on separate bills, so in order to expidate the service I made him put everything on one tab again and I had to pay my friends bill as well as mine. My friends attempted to order room service, but the phone for ordering was disconnected, they had to call from an outside line the lobby, and the lobby recived the order, the food never made it. On the other hand, room service woke my young son at 10pm to ask me if I had ordered room service. I said “no” and they simply hung up on me without apologizing for the late call. Also, my silverware that was set up on the table for breakfast was covered in orange oil.

The hotel itself was nice. comfortable beds. Very good breakfast buffet. Close to everything. Nice restaurant.

Didn’t feel loved
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Reception tried to set my price higher. The corridor smelled damp. Bathroom was basic but fine Wasn’t clear that parking was charged on top - just a note on the ticket - £25. Breakfast buffet was poor, recent stay in premier inn was better. Cold mushroom and egg, fried eggs available but cooked in a batch. But the Location is fabulous!

Breakfast staff were friendly

Clean, quiet and comfortable.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Parking is expensive. They valet park your car for you in the public car park behind the hotel, which costs £25 per night. This isn't particularly clear when booking.

Clean, quiet and comfortable. Lovely staff. Great breakfasts, (£16 extra, but children are free).

booked this hotel last minute as normal hotel unavailable. Will definitely be back....
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Clean, contemporary hotel in excellent location. Customer service excellent. Staff friendly, courteous - without being over the top. There's a nice relaxed feeling about the place

We expected better from a Hilton hotel.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

There was an issue at check in & I have subsequently been charged twice. I was also informed at check in that my room included breakfast (I’d booked room only) so on checking with another member of staff later that day, was informed breakfast was not included. I would have been annoyed if we’d had breakfast & then been charged extra. When the room was tidied after night one, we were also left with insufficient toilet paper, the TV didn’t work & we had to call maintenance & one of the few hangers in the wardrobe fell to pieces when we tried to hang clothes on it. Very poor considering the amount we paid for the room. We expected better from Hilton.

Central location & everything we needed was within walking distance.

Disappointing staff
    • Queen Guest Room

The parking is advertised as 'Parking onsite - no reservation required'. The barrier wouldn't open to the car park for ages. When it did the car was parked, and I enquired at reception as to why it didn't open. The receptionist wasn't at all friendly and said that the parking is valet only, and then requested my keys. I declined and we checked in as normal. Next day the park was full with lots of double parking - including mine blocked in. On checkout, another equally rude receptionist spent ages trying to work out my bill. Turned out I had been charged for 3 nights car parking rather than 2. This hotel used to be brilliant. Sadly now it's just too difficult. Won't be staying again.

Location is great. Rooms are clean.

Disappointed with the room considering the £396 paid for two nights stay.
    • Queen Guest Room

The bedroom was small and the bathroom was tiny with inadequate space for toiletries. The views were awful. The windows could not be opened.

The entry into the hotel, the lounge area and dining area were lovely. Modern and comfortable. We were disappointed with the size and design of the bedroom considering the price.

Location and valet parking was nice.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

The adjoining room (used by other guests) needs to have better sound dampening because when our neighbours came back at 3 am for a chat it woke us up and was very irritating (not other guests fault, they weren’t talking loud!) a standard thin door is not sufficient between rooms.

Location and valet parking was nice. Breakfast was excellent, didn’t use the bar but the hotel and room were generally great

Expected better housekeeping services given that it’s the Hilton
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Rooms were not cleaned even by 4pm. When we complained and called housekeeping, we came back to find that only the bathroom had been cleaned, the bed was not made.

Breakfast staff were friendly and remembered what we like.

Smart dressed staff
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Homeless people next to the hotel and groups trying to sell boat hire on the river outside. Snobby people very rude and demanding thinking they are A listers

Smart dressed staff

Staff were helpful.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Standard Hilton Expensive compared to other hotels Hate not being able to open my window!

Staff were helpful. Breakfast amazing Right in the centre of town so easy to get out.

Awesome Hotel! In the very centre of Cambridge city.

Nothing at all!

Awesome hotel! Every conceivable amenity to hand. Staff friendly and very professional. Bar staff excellent. Breakfast....plenty of gluten free food available. Room very comfortable. Slept like a baby given that proper sound proofing seems to have been used between rooms and between floors.

Hotel in great location for Cambridhe
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Checked in at 5pm and our room wasn't ready- after talking to manager etc we managed to get a suitable room. Parking was expensive Room over priced

Comfy beds Nice room Tea and coffee making facilities Clean Great Location

The best place to stay in Cambridge, central, clean and great staff.
    • King Junior Suite

Absolutely nothing. Amazing place and location.

The staff were incredible- very friendly and helpful. We booked an executive junior suite for me, my sister and our children. We had a sofa bed made up and put in an extra bed and no extra cost. We didn't realize this gave us access to the executive lounge with a fantastic breakfast bar and drinks, canapes and snacks through the day at no extra charge. We spent 2 hours in the lounge at breakfast eating, playing chess and chatting and there were only 3 other people in the lounge having breakfast all morning. It was a Tuesday hence it was quiet. It was brilliant and ended up being excellent value for money as we had breakfast and snacks thrown in with the room.

It was a great place to be in walking distance of the Fitzwilliam, the river and the market.
    • Queen Guest Room

Electronic key kept not working. This should probably have been sorted out after the second time I went to get it reset. In all I did this five times over two days.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Loved breakfast and dinner menu. Room comfortable (though I do prefer to be able to open windows). We've added it to our 'let's go back if we can' list.

Perfect city break base
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Bed was very VERY squishy/soft - not to my personal taste. Would have been nice to have just a small fridge in the room.

Excellent city centre location. Lovely rooms. Nice bar. Superb breakfast. Staff couldn't have been friendlier but didn't cross the line into annoyingly fake 😊

Excellent staff - but our stay was let down by slowly resolved electrical / mechanical issues
    • King Guest Room

There were a couple of issues which made the stay less comfortable. My mother had to move rooms late at night as her television kept fusing. Her (new) room was not made up the next day. The lift did not work on the last morning which caused my mother some distress as she had to walk up and down two flights of stairs. When we left a staff member did take her down in the service lift though. No out of order sign was put on the lift for over an hour.

The staff were exceptionally friendly, attentive and very responsive - and are a great asset to the hotel. The environment was good and the location excellent. Breakfast was fresh and very tasty.

Very good but room for improvement to make it value for money.
    • King Guest Room

Breakfast table service was appalling. Waited a long time to be seated as not enough staff to clear tables and act as front of house. On arrival concierge was not present to take receipt of my car which was not a good first impression. However this service was greatly appreciated as we did not need to mess around with the car parking.

Room was lovely and reception, bar staff and breakfast chef were very helpful indeed and very friendly

OK, Room had a view of a Wall.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Slightly annoyed that we were given a room with a view of a wall, the hotel wasn't anywhere near full so this felt a bit mean. I am quite claustrophobic, which doesn't help. We gave a really good review last time but I was left wishing we tried another hotel in Cambridge for our second visit. It was also irritating that housekeeping were knocking on our door before 9am when checkout is 12noon. Perhaps ask the desk to let you know when people have checked out? Remember your Do Not Disturb Sign if you stay here and don't want to be rushed in the morning.

Second stay in a month and the staff were as lovely as the first time. Breakfast was good, bed comfy.

Comfortable stay with great breakfast.
    • Queen Guest Room

Normal double room for one night was adequate. Clean comfortable bathroom well equipped . Excellent breakfast. Valet parking excellent and had help loading car on leaving. Staff polite and friendly. Location excellent .

Expensive hotel who allows strangers to leave belongings unattended making guests uncomfortable
    • Queen Guest Room

There was a man who left his bag and belongings on the table beside where we were going to eat dinner for over half an hour unattended. My husband went to the toilet and he was in there washing himself. When my husband mentioned to staff that he had left his belongings unattended they said that they let him come in. This made us very uncomfortable and we could not enjoy our food, but staff did not seem to care about paying guests safety and well being. I would like a refund.

Room comfortable and clean.

An excellent hotel right in the middle of Cambridge with exceptionally helpful and friendly staff.
    • King Guest Room

This is an excellent location for exploring Cambridge. All was as you expect from a well respected hotel chain, however two points are worthy of particular mention - the beds are exceptionally comfortable, and more importantly, the staff are extremely helpful, cheerful and friendly.

Excellent hotel in the centre of Cambridge. Spacious luxurious accommodation and a 7* star service.
    • Queen Guest Room

Apart from offering every conceivable food item for breakfast they even had a selection of gluten free breads to choose from. As someone who suffers from gluten intolerance I have to admit being impressed by this.

Perfect weekend getaway.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Expensive car parking but it is city centre. Would have loved it if there had been a spa too.

Room was a good size, staff were very friendly, location excellent.

All-in-all the staff made the stay quite enjoyable.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Room cleanup seemed a bit sporadic and I felt there was no schedule to try and work with. Since I was there on a trip to visit my daughter and her family my schedule was flexible but it was hard to give the cleanup group any specific time, even three to four hours at a time.

Your staff was extremely responsive the few times I needed their assistance. They were friendly and seemed to enjoy their work and themselves, quite nicely in all.

Excellent hotel for a short break in Cambridge
    • King Guest Room

No comments - very happy with everything !

A fantastic central location for a visit to Cambridge - very close to shops and restaurants . I was particularly impressed with the Staff and how well I was looked after . Very friendly and helpful staff . I will use this Hotel again !

Very pleasant, would definitely stay there again, very central location.
    • King Guest Room

Breakfast experience could have been better.

Check in was easy, room was comfortable and very clean, nice fluffy white towels, good quality soap etc. tea and coffee making facilities were satisfactory, breakfast was a little disappointing - self-service area was rather disjointed and cooked food was nothing special.

A very good hotel in the perfect location with helpful and friendly staff.
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

It was a little chilly in the bar (my elderly mother feels the cold) but I asked for the bedroom to be warm for her and the staff saw to it immediately. There was some confusion at check in because they didn’t seem to have the booking correct but I had my emails and it was soon sorted out.

The room was very comfortable and the bar/lounge had friendly staff and good food. Breakfast was excellent.

Excellent hotel in good location
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

No croissants and limited choice of sweet pastries at breakfast

Couldn't fault our stay. Excellent hotel and staff. Great location with easy parking.

Good hotel in central Cambridge
    • King Guest Room

Nothing in particular, served our purpose well for an overnight leisure stay.

The double room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. Good location, circa 10 minute walk to many of the main areas of interest in Cambridge.

overpriced and not what I expected from a 5 star hotel
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

For £340 per night, for a room of 3 of us, the room and the facilities are very basic. The room interior is quite old and out-dated. The toilet had a bad smell when we checked in. Shower was very badly blocked and we were soaked in water to ankle depth after a 3-minute shower. Breakfast hall was very busy at 8.30am. There was only one coffee machine and a long queue to get a drink. Service was very poor at breakfast without enough staff to cover a full breakfast hall.

Good location, close to the centre.

Awesome and satisfactory
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

Everything was perfect. There was nothing to dislike.

The staff were very nice and accommodating. We got an early check-in free of cost. We needed a refrigerator that was kindly provided by the hotel with no extra cost. The room was very good, spacious and clean. the beds were nice and good size. The breakfast food was amazing ! the Hilton city centre is based right in the city centre of cambridge and this is the best location you can live in at cambridge. At the time of check-out, we got really late but the reception staff were very nice and accommodating. They even waived the late-checkout fee. highly recommended hotel !

Overall an excellent stay ! Would love to stay here the next time !
    • Two Double Beds Guest Room

The dinner in the hotel restaurant could have been better, more variety required and the menu can have photographs for clarity on the ingredients of a particular item and what the dish looks like.

Two double beds were great / comfortable, the room (including the bathroom and facilities) was very clean and organized. The staff was extraordinary !