Reviews of Hilton Cardiff This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Kingsway, Cardiff, CF10 3HH, United Kingdom

#10 of 48 hotels in Cardiff

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Great location Hilton member but unlikely to stay again didn’t sleep well not good value .
    • King Guest Room

No hot chocolate sachets or herbal teas available only Cranberry. Had to ask for water. Pool facilities did not provide drinking cups and the water fountain spout wasn’t forceful enough to drink from was advised that could purchase water - having paid £250 for 2 night B&B found it very disappointing. Toilet continually dripped which was annoying over night and affected sleep did advise hotel but was not rectified during our stay - think Premier inn or Jury’s would have been better

Great location Good breakfast

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

They took payment twice and still
    • King Guest Room

They took payment twice and still Haven’t refunded me after nearly 2 weeks. Check your bank statements if you stay here as they steal your money and make empty promises. Not a 5 star hotel as it’s very shabby and worn.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Enjoyable and a posative experience.
    • King Guest Room

The air conditioning wouldn't go cool enough in our room, so the lady in the executive lounge arranged for someone to unlock the window for us.

The staff members were excellent especially the young lady that booked us in at reception. She was extremely helpful and answered our questions with curtesy and a smile. My partner and I have not travelled extensively over our sixty plus years, so find some of the facilities and procedures a bit confusing at times. we intend to travel much more in the future and if the level of service shown by this lady is standard in the Hilton organisation then we will definitely use Hilton Hotels in the future.

Perfect
    • King Guest Room

My husband has problems with light/ sound and found the foyer very noisy.

Large bathroom with separate shower. Freshly cooked food for breakfast and lots of fruit. Comfy bed.

23rd & 24th June 2018
    • Twin Executive Room with Castle View

No bellboy to help with luggage. No ond even suggested that staff would be made available to help with luggagd to our room. The hotel's cleaniness left a lot to be desired. the room was dusty. There were plates, uneaten food/ trays from room service left lying in the corridors for long periods. Very unsightly as you walked around. The hotel was dated. Dining room staff were untrained, often they didn't know what they were doing. I paid Executive prices and expected good service!

Facilities were excellent. Executive lounge was great! Location was excellent.

Friendly arrival.
    • Double Family Deluxe Room

Phone in room wasn't working so had to use my mob to talk to reception otherwise I would have had to of got dressed and go down stairs as it was late evening. Shower were hard to control. Need some more lightning in the room

Friendly arrival. Friendly welcome in the restaurant. Bed was very comfortable felt well rested in the morning.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Perfect way to celebrate our anniversary!!
    • King Deluxe Room with Castle View

The whole visit & our 1st stay at the hotel couldn't be faulted in anyway! We celebrated our wedding anniversary & were treated with a room upgrade & cupcakes delivered to our room-greatly received! Staff very friendly & polite, food delicious, room overlooking the castle just perfect!!

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

I was with my daughter
    • King Deluxe Room with Castle View

The air con couldn’t be altered so it became very stuffy even on high It was very hot outside however. It just felt very corporate and noisy I wanted afternoon tea but although there were menus snacks there were no cakes or biscuits to be had .

The location was great Breakfast was ok

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Not up to usual high standard
    • King Guest Room

Only one lift working and air conditioning ineffective. Had to request opening of window and an electric fan. Breakfast not up to usual standard and staff could have looked tidier.

Staff pleasant as always. Comfortable bed and great linen.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Great business hotel
    • King Deluxe Room with Castle View

Big, comfy bed, lots of room, big bathroom with a bath and separate shower. Spotless. Quiet despite a lot of nightlife close by. Delicious breakfast.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Would go again but would not pay £420 for a weekend
    • King Deluxe Room with Castle View

There was only one lift so lots of people waiting at any one time to use it. Didn’t feel that it was worth £210 a night

Good location for shops and restaurants very friendly staff in the Hilton hotel

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

I'll definitely return, when the weather has cooled down!
    • King Deluxe Room with Castle View

It got very very hot even with air con on! A small opening window would have helped massively. Or even a room with a balcony!

It was absolutely beautiful. Well kept. All the staff were friendly and very helpful. Great location. Amazing views.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Great place to relax during.
    • Double Family Deluxe Room

One of lifts not working. Signage for Healthspa confusing.

Great location, comfortable rooms, ba5hroom with separate bath and shower. Lovely breakfast.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Breakfast was good
    • King Guest Room

Only had one lift working sometimes took quite a while, full alot you had to get in while it was going up or it would be full when it came back down

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

One of the two eleveters was out of service duing 5 days...
    • King Executive Room with Castle View

One of the two eleveters was out of service duing 5 days stay, and I didn't find any effort of the hotel for recovery. The foods of the executive lounge were unchanged during the whole stay.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Pleasant, what we had was good but items in executive lounge has been reduced to a limited offering
    • King Executive Room

View out of window was awful Woken up at 5.50 by banging of barrels outside Bathroom was dated Only beer and wine in executive lounge and don’t like either of these Loads of pigeon poo outside of window of the executive lounge Not a lot of options in the executive lounge for breakfast especially if vegetarian

The room was clean, nicely decorated, plug points next to mirrors. Food was good Staff were helpful Liked the pizzas to buy when we came back but could of been told about this as queued for food before we returned to hotel Nice snacks in executive lounge but only one variety of cake available in the afternoon

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

We had a lovely time at the Hilton, location was fab and would stay here again.
    • King Guest Room

The air con was not great, it didn't cool the room down well at all and when the sun faced the room it got very hit very quickly.

The rooms are spacious, bed was comfy, I liked that we had a bath in our room.

Very good
    • King Guest Room

Sadly one of the lifts wasnt working which meant getting to/from reception took a little more time than usual. The room we were in was near to the lifts and didnt have a great deal of natural light.

Service was great. Staff very helpful and friendly. We stayed as we were going to a concert at the Principality Stadium and when we returned the hotel ensured only residents got in. Also they were providing boxes of pizza bread which was very welcome at 11pm. Good thinking!

Hilton cardiff
    • Double Family Deluxe Room

My room was boiling and the air conditioning was broke. It was uncomfortable and I could not sleep.

The pool facilities were amazing. The staff were also hopeful.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Lovely hotel in a great location, would stay again but would bring tea, coffee & milk with us.
    • King Guest Room

Requested extra milk, tea & coffee to the room, as we could not have a drink after we had woke up in the morning, this did not arrive ! Had to go to reception before breakfast & request again. Not enough staff on a breakfast, tables not cleared & long wait to be seated at breakfast.

Clean room, lovely bed linen.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

What a wonderful stay.
    • King Guest Room

What a wonderful stay. Hotel lovely and clean in the heart of Cardiff. Shop around the corner. Next to castle. Food great even do pizza at night. Love my stay

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Clean, comfortable and attentive staff
    • King Guest Room

Room was a little outdated, but very clean and comfortable. With the “Hilton” name you do expect a slightly higher standard, but was a good room nonetheless.

Everything very clean, room comfortable. The bedding was stained upon our arrival but housekeeping came to change immediately. Bathroom was a very good size, with a good shower and bath.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

The room was modern and comfortable, plus the location was...
    • King Executive Room

Cleaners walked into our room at 9am whilst we were in bed having just woken up. No apologies were given.

The room was modern and comfortable, plus the location was perfect for our plans.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Our stay was perfection...Thank you xx
    • King Deluxe Room with Castle View

One very tiny thing more fried eggs should be done .

Our room was fantastic. The views sensational Food perfect Waiters&Waitresses perfect Loved every minute Wish we were there this weekend. THANK YOU TO ALL X

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Just about did the job but not what you expect from a Hilton.

the leisure suite

Very disapointed in the leisure suite. The whole area is old and run down with only 4 sunbeds with thin dirty matresses. No robes and one poor quality thin towel. No area to rest and read as with only 4 beds, there was no space. Jacuzzi and pool were acceptable but the changing rooms could also do with a total refurb. My friend and I chose this hotel specifically for the leisure suite to relax in after my hen day. Total disappointment and will not be visiting here again. To top it off, there was some extremely intimidating man in the Jacuzzi who was either mentally unwell or high on drugs. A horrible experience.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

We had a great time and would stay again but book earlier for a better price.
    • King Deluxe Room with Castle View

Due to the Rolling Stones concert I paid way over the price you would normally pay.

We stayed in the Hilton as we were seeing the Rolling Stones in concert.Perfect place to stay near all the shops and restaurants.I have stayed here before and the afternoon tea is great.The staff are all super friendly, the room was clean and comfy, breakfast had a great variety to choose from and you can order omelettes or Eggs Benedict as well.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Wonderful experience of what Cardiff has to offer.
    • King Guest Room

The restaurant menu for the evening meal did not include enough salad and vegetable choices.

The location of this hotel so close to everything makes it a fantastic choice.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Comfortable and in easy reach of shops, park and castle
    • Guest Twin Room

Only one lift working during our stay and steam room out of order

Friendly and welcoming staff. Clean and spacious rooms. Twin beds are huge and cosy. Shower is lush. Pool and jacuzzi and sauna good. Didn’t use gym on this occasion but looked well equipped

Very disappointed

All of the above very

We where given a standard room & had payed for a king size 🙁 room dark small tiny inner window no out look. No information in the room nothing promoting Cardiff. Ordered room service delivered wrong food

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Liked the pool ,very comfortable bed ,exactly in the city...
    • King Guest Room

It wasn't something that I didn't like per say it's just...other 5 star hotels are a bit more...

Liked the pool ,very comfortable bed ,exactly in the city centre

Perfect location for an overnight stay in Cardiff City
    • King Guest Room

The staff at breakfast are not well organised, they seem to be running around like headless chickens, if you order something you may have a long wait.

Access to the hotel by car is very convenient and the City is only a few minutes walk

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Comfortable bed
    • King Guest Room

Steam room broken down as was one of the lifts. Health suite generally in need of renovation. Poor facilities in room, no dressing gown, slippers or bath. Poor lighting.

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Good value for money for a city centre hotel.
    • King Guest Room

One of the lifts wasn't working so there was a bit of a queue at times.

Suprisingly quiet! Despite being located near a main road and several bars, the hotel is an oasis of tranquility insider. The Door Staff late evening are polite and add a real sense of safety, privacy and security. Ideal location within walking distance of everything. Breakfast is efficient and very good value.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

• King Guest Room

In my room (217 king room) there was signs off wall paper coming unstuck and the double king bed was 2 single mattresses which made it very uncomfortable when trying to spread out and in the bathroom I went to wash my hands and found an empty soap box on the sink, I thought I would treat my self to a nice hotel so I could have a good night sleep of which I didn’t and because there was a stereophonics concert on every hotel had doubled their price just for that one night, my biggest memory from breakfast was hearing the chef swearing about his egg cooking not going well, all in all I was very disappointed and gutted about my first experience in a “nicer” hotel, on check out the staff didn’t ask how my night was and just seemed to rush the check out process, I was charged £179 + a £25 room deposit which of which I’ve not had back yet and will probably have to wait a few days for and my emailed receipt does not even mention said deposit, very very gutted 😢 not what I expect from a high end (expensive) hotel

I liked the location, check in staff friendly and happy to take my money

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

We enjoyed the whole stay, a lovely, comfy, clean and...
    • King Guest Room

I disagree with having to pay £25 for WiFi it should be included with the price. Price of parking was very expensive too.

We enjoyed the whole stay, a lovely, comfy, clean and spacious room.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Nice hotel but not for us in the future
    • King Deluxe Room with Castle View

On arrival not the best situition with nowhere to park our car We received a parking fine recently as we had unknowingly parked in a bus lane while waiting for our car to be parked elsewhere (valet parking) Not a great situation and we would not use Hilton Cardiff again because of this On the day of arrival the parking/waiting spaces in front of the hotel were taken up by vehicles used by a team of gardeners who were busy in front of the Hilton and our only option was to park outside..hence the parking fine!

Very clean room and very good view!

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Weekend stay
    • King Guest Room

Staff would not let us order food to the bar and we had to go to the room to order room service rather than allow us to order food and eat it in the bar which comes from the same attached kitchen...

Location was good

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

great location
    • Twin Executive Room with Castle View

Booked in advance but with a 3rd party, rate very expensive and hotel didn't reply to refund the difference, even when contacted hilton direct and they passed email on to hotel and as a gold hilton member, was dissapointed

staff were wonderful

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

The location was it’s best feature!
    • King Guest Room

Parking for £25 a night was ridiculous especially considering how cheap the parking is around the area (it took as a while to figure out how the parking work but the app is the best way) ... felt like the room service options were slightly limited have seen more from lower quality hotels.

The location was it’s best feature! So close to castles and malls it felt like the best place to be - it was a shame it was only for one night. Staff were nice enough felt very secure as only residence of the Hilton were allowed to enter the hotel after a particular time. Free swimming wish I had known earlier as I didn’t pack for it.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Perfect🤗 from the time we arrived to the time we left it was pure relaxation.
    • King Executive Room with Castle View

Didn’t like leaving......wanted to stay longer! 🙁

Fantastic location, right in the heart of Cardiff so everything in walking distance. Cleanliness is absolutely second to none. Staff were so helpful and friendly that it felt like we stay regular & that they new us (which we don’t & they didn’t). We are definitely going back ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Pleasant but not exceptional. The Concierge Mr Baptista, made all the difference
    • King Guest Room

Arriving slightly early for 3pm book in; hoped to change in our room for a 3pm Concert but despite booking and paying weeks ahead; no room was available. Receptionist suggested we use Spa to change but not practical as wheelchair user. Without assistance of Concierge would have missed Concert, which was purpose of journey. Ahead of arrival requested x2 extra foam pillows but down pillows provided instead. Hospitality tray very basic.

The Concierge, Mr Baptista, definitely made the whole difference to stay assisting, not only with parking but luggage in and out of room. He made us feel welcome; also giving directions for Cardiff Center on departure, couldn't be more helpful.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Excellent location but if youre after a spa break go elsewhere
    • King Guest Room

The spa. Bit pokey and changing rooms dirty. Wouldve been nice to have robe and slippers in the room.

Breakfast great. Bed comfy. Massage excellent. Staff brilliant.

Would definitely stay again
    • King Guest Room

There was nothing I did not like

We were looked after from the moment we got outside in the car. Car parked for us, cases taken to the room, and easy check in.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

We had the valet parking which was convenient but after...
    • King Executive Room

We had the valet parking which was convenient but after leaving the hotel I noticed the front wheel on my bmw had been kerbed which I know wasn’t there when we arrived

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Will not be staying again
    • King Guest Room

The room was average, our room was right outside the lift which was a little noisy. A mirror fell off the wall and smashed into the desk due to the wall sockets not being strong enough and the customer service was appalling. Felt I needed to be nice to them rather than the other way round. Room service after 10pm only offered cold sandwiches or a curry although the menu boasted an 'extensive menu'.

Taking into consideration this is the 'Hilton', the customer service was poor and the room was average. The only different to that of Premier Inn is the pool and spa facilities.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Great location, friendly staff. Was a special treat for my friend, felt special.
    • Double Family Deluxe Room With Castle View

More breakfast tea bags. 2 seemed a little mean.

Good sized room with comfy bed. Asked for extra tea bags and milk, delivered to room in 5 mins. Ate at restaurant, great food.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

The location next to the castle and few mins to the centre.
    • Twin Executive Room with Castle View

The elevator was broke and it was not fixed. The executive rooms are in the 6th floor. So it was a problem. Also i would have liked more variety to the breakfast menu

The location next to the castle and few mins to the centre. Very close to the university too

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

I have had better service, facilities and staff at Premier Inns at a fraction of the price.
    • King Executive Room with Castle View

The extra £70 charged which was supposed to be if we had additional services? Being told to comeback as the executive lounge was crowded with a banquet goers invited in by executive room people. Pillowcase inside out and had a dirty mark on it TV picture and lack of channels. Being told by staff there was no replacement conditioner on her trolley but didnt return with any just left. No mushrooms served in restaurant for breakfast but if you had room service at additional cost mushrooms were an option. Cold scrambled egg om both mornings. Frayed cutout cord on gym running machine. Unmanned gym desk no staff to welcome. Executive lounge during the afternoon (cake and soft drink time) turns into a unsupervised creche. Very noisy and children on our visit allowed to stick their fingers in cakes without parent or hotel staff intervention.

The location is very central and across from the castle.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

The gentleman who parked the car was lovely
    • Twin Executive Room with Castle View

Showers were cold. When I mentioned this at check out I was just told "oh, the boiler went down, sorry about that"

The gentleman who parked the car was lovely

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Comfortable and pleasant
    • King Guest Room

Mattress was springy and somewhat lumpy. Would have been nice to have seen a dedicated vegetarian hot breakfast section given that it was national vegetarian week. I’m surprised that free WiFi was not offered as even more budget style hotels provide this.

Pancake maker was novel. Selection of breakfast food was good. Staff were friendly and pleasant in every section of the hotel. Good selection of food available from room service till 10pm

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Won't book again...very overpriced for such basic amenities.
    • King Executive Room

Hotel was very drab...needs updating drastically. Booked an executive king room but it felt no different to a very standard hot room. Not the experience I was expecting. Only 1 bathrobe provided, phone didn't work in the room but the one on the wall next to the toilet did.....?!? Breakfast choice in executive lounge was minimal and not much choice...didn't have an executive feel at all. Spa facilities need updating...I didn't feel like I was in a top rated hotel when I was using these facilities!

The reception and bar area was clean and tidy

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Most nicest hotel I have been to, the staff are very polite and kind. Brilliant location to.
    • King Guest Room

The bed was very hard so didn’t have a good nights sleep & also we could hear people arguing outside the hotel for around an hour which was horrible.

The breakfast and food was amazing! Staff are so polite.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Room too hot
    • King Guest Room

Ac in room not working . No attempt to fix , had to ask for a fan which was blowing round hot air We always stay in the Hilton Cardiff on this occasion didn’t meet to normal standards and this was our first time away after having our baby

Breakfast is always amazing

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

A perfect break for my sister after a long illness

Can’t fine fault!

The location is unbeatable Never disappointed when choosing Hilton The staff go out of the way to be helpful The breakfast is fantastic too!

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Excellent location
    • King Guest Room

The bed we had was not very comfortable, having stayed at the Hilton many times before I was surprised at how uncomfortable the mattress was on this occasion, all other stays have been fantastic so don’t want to put anyone off but if you get room 420 check the mattress suites your needs as I found it very hard and uncomfortable.

Location is excellent and the staff are very friendly.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Great staff, more could be done for price in hotel
    • King Guest Room

Room faculties lacking slightly for price e.g no bath mat. Executive lounge very small- can't understand why larger conference rooms not used whe available.

Staff were amazing! Location and breakfast all good.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Hilton hotel. Comfy bed quiet room excellent breakfast. Perfect stay.
    • King Guest Room

Coffe table in room was little dusty. Need a place to hang towel on outside of shower door. when using the shower towel was either on floor or over top of door. Back of tv remote missing.

Comfy bed. Black out blinds were amazing. Windows were excellent no external sound at all. The breakfast was excellent so much choice and both continental and hot ( freshly made hot ). 100/10 for the breakfast.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Really good friendly place to stay
    • King Guest Room

The lift was having problems, reaI think that was a one off! But the staff where really apologetic

Staff brilliant, location excellent, easy to find nothing to complain about

Great Hotel, Great Location, One Drawback
    • Double Family Deluxe Room

Try to avoid rooms at the back of the hotel - they overlook the service yard which means we were woken at around 5am by a banging noise. Only lasted a few minutes as something obviously heavy was moved.

This is a very good hotel, great rooms, great breakfast (didn’t have dinner), nice pool for a dip, really central location, less than £10 taxi ride to Cardiff Bay (5-10 min) or £4 each on the boat down the river from just the other side of the Castle (20 min, leaves every half hour).

Great hotel
    • King Guest Room

Warm night unable to open windows air con wasn’t great

Cakes left in room for partners birthday celebrations ( nice touch) breakfast was also really good

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Comfortable but noisy outside room

Room was noisy, could hear next door talking from 5am on a sunday morning

We didn't have breakfast included and not a good selection of coffee in the room

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Fantastic place to stay- lovely continental staff make you feel you are on holiday
    • King Guest Room

I was a little confused about breakfast payment- paid in advance though it wasn’t clear this wouldn’t enable breakfast in room without paying for breakfast again :(

Large bed, the lovely view, beautiful bathroom

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

perfect surroundings and even better staff

We had to leave :)

amazing staff very helpful, amazing hotel with some stunning views. Executive lounge was perfect - the French chap who served us (sorry forgot your name) was 10/10. All in all our best stay in a hotel for quite some time. Will 100% come back again without fail .

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Very enjoyable as always
    • King Executive Room

Occasional chairs in the rooms are very hard.

As a diamond member with Hiltonni use the hotels a lot. The Cardiff one is up there with the very best. I think it’s location is terrific

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Room disappointing
    • Guest Twin Room

No water bottle in room complimentary or otherwise! Had to drink from bathroom tap! Room was dark and dingy Rooms were dated and characterless Bed a bit too firm They took £25 deposit on check in , in case I used it! I've never had that before in a decent hotel They kept walking into my room thinking it was empty. Once by a manager and another time at 7am by a cleaner! I complained and was told they often make mistakes and to put a do not disturb notice on door! Plug sockets in room all inconveniently located ( just above the floor)

Food was good at all times. Really good. I left my toothpaste at home and they kindly brought a complimentary one up

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

BREAKFAST WAS VERY GOOD MY GRAND DAUGHTER LOVED MAKING HER...
    • King Deluxe Room with Castle View

ALL WENT WELL UNTIL MY BANK PHONED ON MONDAY MORNING TO TELL ME ALL MY D.DEBITS HAD BEEN STOPPED INCLUDING MY MORTGAGE BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON YOU TOOK £3313.60 OUT OF MY BANK INSTEAD OF £937.00 IN FIVE DIFFERENT TRANSACTIONS WHICH IS NOW BEING LOOKED INTO

BREAKFAST WAS VERY GOOD MY GRAND DAUGHTER LOVED MAKING HER OWN PANCAKES

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Dreadful

As above

We booked for breakfast and the place was so dirty. We got the bacon had to wait quiet some time for everything else so the breakfast ended up cold they forgot our tea and coffee. The staff looked very stressed and unhaopy

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Amazing weekend... definitely recommend and we will return
    • Double Family Deluxe Room

Beds are doubles as advertised, only one pillow each tho , so requested another 3, delivered in 10 mins which is very good.

Staff very friendly, helpful and welcoming to us. Room very clean with everything we needed. Pool and spa lovely, fresh towels etc Valet parking excellent...totally recommend, arrived 10.50 am and all sorted for us by staff. Perfect location...castle opposite, Principality stadium 5-10 min walk, shops 2 mins, nightlife 2 mins, which we unaware of, as with our family ...heard no noise at all in hotel, unyet very nearby! Caught the Aquabus from the park opposite down to Cardiff Bay, £10 for family ticket one way...walked bk. this was recommended by a lovely lady on reception at Hilton.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

far to short a stay!
    • King Guest Room

I had booked the room for £297, when I booked in they then made it up to £370 with the promise of refunding the extra on leaving, I have not received this back as yet. Beware of hidden costs when staying at the Hilton.

The convenience of how close it us to the city centre and all of the shops.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Hotel was good but the staff that I encountered really ruined the experience for us!
    • King Executive Room with Castle View

Ordered room serviced and it litteraly got thrown at me when I opened the door, I think he had something better to do and as for checking out.... the staff were on the phone the whole time whilst checking us out, not even a "how was your stay"?

Room was very nice

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Too short, loved the comfort for the price they offered.
    • King Deluxe Room with Castle View

Great location opposite of the Castle. Breakfast was an extensive buffet. Personnel was very friendly and parking with a valet service is very pleasant. Drinks are pricy but then again that is in the whole of U.K.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

TV didt work out well when tried to watch.
    • King Guest Room

TV didt work out well when tried to watch. The electric sockets were not compatible with UK chargers. It look like the hotel is best western or holiday inn express. My advise will be go and stay at glasgow Hilton or Hilton garden inn. Hilton saudia and learn what Hilton brand stands for . Will not stay again at Cardiff Hilton .

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

I had a great stay here, super lovely staff, great location.
    • King Guest Room

There wasn't really anything I didn't like to be honest. I had a no stress stay.

The staff were lovely, really friendly and welcoming. Our room was great, bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spacious, shower cubicle was a great size (not tiny like in so many hotels). Toiletries were nice, good quality.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Really impressed with the quality of this hotel! Wish all hotels were like this
    • King Guest Room

Really impressed with the quality of this hotel! The staff were great and so helpful. Check-in was super fast and I was offered a free upgrade! Breakfast was delicious and had everything you would want! Gym, spa, pool and sauna are all free and available to use! Security on at nighttime from 11pm - made me feel so safe travelling alone! Beautiful views of Cardiff centre from the hotel room window! Highly recommend staying here!

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Nice, not 5*, could do better!
    • Twin Executive Room with Castle View

Supposed to have access to the executive lounge but on both occasions we tried our keys wouldn’t allow access (despite checking at reception and supposedly being reactivated). We also used the ‘valet parking’ which on the first night was fine, on the second no-one parked our car, weren’t sure where the keys were in the morning and had left a note on the car thinking it had been abandoned- we were also still billed for the valet service!

Browse Hilton Cardiff Traveler Photo Gallery