Reviews of Hatters at Hilton Chambers 4 stars

15 Hilton Street, Manchester City Centre, Manchester, M1 1JJ, United Kingdom

#82 of 93 hotels in Manchester

Based on 984 hostel reviews

• Single Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

Bunkbeds were really instable, if someone moves, the whole bed shakes, bathroom was pretty ruined

Great Location, Kitch, TV Room, you were allowed to bring outside alcohol, Pub Crawl with the sister pub

• Double Room Ensuite

Lively bars all around and extra loud late into the night during the world cup. Breakfast deal with next-door only opened @ 8:00.

Modern furniture in an old building Friendly young staff.

• Single Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

On the photographs, it looks like hilton,but actually its not, very conjusted rooms, too noisy from inside & outside.

I don't prefer anybody to stay their, if yo have other options, plz try them

• 6 Bed Private en-suite

The bed could have been more comfortable but that is just me being picky, the 3 friends I was staying with had no complaints :)

Superb location, the room was clean and quiet, great value for money and ideal for a short stay.

• 4 Bed Private en-suite

There’s a bar downstairs. At night will be a bit noisy

Super friendly and helpful staff. Great location, easily access from main train station. Good food and bars around.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

For reasons that were not fully explained to me, over my two night stay I was moved into a different room without being told. Meaning I returned -quite late, and very tired after a long day- to what I thought was my room only to find my previous night's bed was taken by someone else and all the things I had left in the room during the day and been gathered up without my knowledge and moved into the left luggage room. I didn't know this at the time I went into the room, and was seriously panicking that my belongings had been taken. The staff apologised that I had not been told about the room change, but I felt it was wrong that I was moved at all and that my belongings had been taken from the room without my permission. I don't believe it is unreasonable to expect guest allocation -even at a hostel- to be better organised than to require ad hoc room changes. For the momentary but strong anxiety this caused me, I don't think I would stay at Hatters again.

It has a good location in relation to the city centre, set in an interesting part of Manchester. I found it to be comfortable and clean enough for a short stay considering the price. The staff were friendly and tried to resolve issues as best they could.

We couldn’t open the window for fresh air. The room then made me feel claustrophobic

The hostel was well positioned. Close to shops and restaurants.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Basic Dormitory Room

Room was very warm no air conditioning so had to open windows but as hostel is on busy street it was noisy at night also curtains don't block light very well

Very affordable and clean, ideal location

At check-in the booker needs photo id. This info is given in the booking confirmation, but right near the bottom below information that isn’t as important (thus I didn’t see it; my friend had his though, so all okay). Could this not be more prominent? The room was really hot (it was a hot day), and although they provided a fan it wasnt powerful enough to low over a drunken Irish man on Paddy’s day, so didn’t help at night - we sweated a lot! Better, bigger fans needed. Finally, apparently wi-fi on all rooms - we were never advised of this

Great location for the Northern Quarter. Price was cheap.

If I had to say anything - the neighbourhood where the accommodation is located is extremely dated and some parts very dirty, but not a big deal should you just want somewhere to lay you head.

Beds were extremely comfy. We stayed in a twin room which was extremely clean. Came with a complimentary bottle of water and pack of biscuits. the staff were extremely helpful. There is a facility where you can store your luggage before check in and after checkout should you need. Both the restaurant and bar on either side of the hostel are amazing and you should definitely try these on your stay - especially as you get 15% discount in the restaurant. The whole vibe of the accommodation was great. Was value for money. We would definitely book there again.

• Double Room Ensuite

The window did not open and the air conditioning was turned off an there was no where In the room to turn it on or keep cool

That it was clean and tidy

• Single Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

The hostel is seated right next to a pub, so all night can I hear loud music and bar patrons boozing it up. I hardly got any sleep the two nights I was there! Not to mention there was no air conditioning, I was melting on my trip.

Beds are comfortable and staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Single Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Wasn't happy about the rodent issue that cropped up in the dorm, they need to block entry points better as its a renovated old building this is a common risk factor. Although desk staff said it would be reported /dealt with and apologised at the time, I had to block up the holes myself and there was no feedback given since hence downrating my stay due to lack of formal responsiveness!! Without this issue its a great pick. Noise levels at night are high because you are right in the centre of town, which is great for commuting/socialising but no good if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs.

Warm welcoming staff and felt safe as a lone female. Great baggage storage room & bring a padlock to use lockers for free. For a Hostel it has modern decor and well kitted out for a budget stayer and backpacking community, loved the communal kitchen and TV lounge. Housekeeping team were visible daily.

Nice, clean hotel, friendly staff, good room with good shower and sink facility and comfortable beds.

Location, in the heart of manchester. Near great restaurants.

• Single Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

The only problem was the noise that comes from a club downstairs, walls and windows are not insulated, so you can hear the music until 2 or 3am (I was Friday to Saturday, I don't know on weekdays). The shower had a problem, they fixed it quickly but left some rubbish on it.

Well located, friendly staff, I was in a 12 bed room, the bed was good. They offer many activities including pubs and restaurants close to the hostel. Just 200m from the hostel there are many bus stops and a tram stations, which is good.

• Single Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

-strange guests (would recommend a female dorm to a solo female traveller!) -really loud at night (earplugs necessary) -organization of the hostel was a little chaotic, had to change the room two times -there should be new beds, they are really uncomfortable and noisy, maybe new curtains as well, windows are extremly hard to open

-location -staff was nice and friendly -kitchen to share

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Staff was super friendly and helpful. The rooms were relatively small but enough for a short stay. Location was perfect. For the price I paid I was surprised by how good it was.

Good location. Very clean, excellent staff. The location is in centre town. We arrived in night (at 2.00 am) and we had a good check in without any problem.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

It was quite noisy with the pub below, but I knew that beforehand. And they had free earplugs at reception. Their doorbell/speaker at the front was broken, and although I'd requested ahead of time to arrive between 2 and 3am, I waited outside for 15 minutes to be let in. The phone rang out, and the button didn't work, so it was a long 15 minutes outside alone at night.

The price was great, the staff were friendly, the bed was comfortable, the room was very spacious, the bathroom was big and clean, the shower was hot and lots of pressure (the shower is probably the most important thing), there were lockers inside the room and in the corridor which was great because I didn't have to worry about disturbing others whilst getting my stuff out early in the morning. 15% off at the bar next door, 15% off at the cafe as there is no breakfast in the hostel. I didn't have heavy luggage with me for this trip, but if I did I would have really appreciated their elevator. Vending machine and drinks at reception. Overall great stay and would recommend for a cheap hostel to stay, and would stay again myself. .

• Single Bed 6-Bed Female Only Dormitory Room

I just stayed one night while travelling through, I arrived at the hostel at 1am and left at 8am to catch a train. The staff were friendly and I was welcomed at that time. The room was clean and had everything there for an overnight stay but the bed was quite uncomfortable so didn’t have a great sleep and the sink was outside the bathroom which was a bit strange. But it was perfect for a night in transit to rest, I would stay here again if I was travelling through and needed to rest a night

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

There was a couple of things I spoke to the staff about. Hopefully this will get addressed. Overall I enjoyed my stay here. Thank you!

Great location. Always like coming to stay here. has a great vibe.

• Single Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Wi-Fi was pretty bad. During my stay, the room was not refurbished yet. So there were no such things as individual power outlet or lamp. 8 peoples needed to share 2 power outlets while the other 2 power outlets are located next to other person's bed. The bathroom was really stinking. I would suggest you book 4 beds dormitory room, maybe the facilities would be better than mine. Also, you need to call in advance if you want to stay in the refurbished room.

The staffs were really nice to me. It is better than the other Hatters in Manchester though.

• Single Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

Rooms were just bad, even for the price. Beds were old, not at all comfortable, it was cold in the room, absolutely noisy, but besides that - everything else was fine.

Staff was really nice, atmosphere in the place was great, good location and a lot to see around.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The room was not a pleasant experience. Very noisy because of the airco-ventilators outside, lots of dust in the room on the closet and lockers. not sufficient lockers in the room and above all some couldn't be locked. It was like a machineroom some hanging pipes on the ceiling. Noise of passing people during the night.

location.

• Single Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

The bed originally designated to me was not clean, but the staff quickly changed a bed for me. The public area is a bit insufficient to use.

The staffs were being enthusiastic and helpful. The facilities are nice and it's within walking distance to city centre and train station. They have free lockers but you need to bring your own padlock!

No on site parking

It’s very central, very clean, friendly & helpful staff, and even though it’s a hostel we had our own private double room with private en suite. Very clean and modern

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

No kitchen/breakfast but it was because they are refurbing.

I was upgraded to a private room for free, it was a great suprise because I had an early flight the next day and needed to rest.

• Single Bed 6-Bed Female Only Dormitory Room

No lockers in rooms - lockers are in hallways. Inside of lockers could use a cleaning. Rooms very cold at night (in spring with rainy cool days and cold nights) didn't seem like heat was on at all in our room. No laundry. Closest/Only coin laundry is 10min bus or 20/25 min walk away. Front desk didn't know about the laundromat or really know too much about what was in the neighborhood. But thrifty hostel-goers spread the word. Room was relatively clean but the shelves were dusty and the vents for heaters that are built into the walls were pushed through the walls - which is nbd until you notice and start thinking of critters climbing out from the wall - lol. The kitchen was being renovated while I was there -- they said we could use the other hostel's kitchen down the road 2-5 minute walk... but heard that kitchen was very very dirty (heard in general that other hatters is a very dirty) so just lived off cheese and crackers while there ;/.

There are two Hatters. This one is a bit nicer than the other one from what i gather from talking to other guests. Checkin looks sleek. Hallways look sleek. Common room is cozy and has all the couches turned towards each other which creates natural conversation when meeting strangers, idk why all hostels don't do this. Towel rental for 2pounds. Lock rental for 2pounds with a 3pound deposit.

• Single Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Anything from the pictures that show on website are not exactly what I got. First at arrival staff was really plain, no mood no cooperate just like she’s forced to work. Room was really old, bunk bed was disgusting making noise all the time. There was no power outlet at each bed just only 2 plugs for 8 people. Bathroom was totally out of an update. Really nothing good at this hostel! At the check out I asked another staff about the room in the pictures so she said guests have to ring the hostel if they need a nicer room. How could I know?????

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Although i used the lockers provided outside the (4 bed) dorm, i had a small bag with essentials that i left under my bed when i arrived back late the first night. The next morning i noticed a hole the size of 10 pence had been gnawed through my bag...it appears mice had noticed the sandwich i had left there. My room was on the 3rd floor so i imagine the 'rodent problem' gets worse towards ground floor?! My bed wasn't ready for check-in time and my key card didn't work initially. Luckily a cleaner let me in and made my bed when i asked. The following morning i noticed the shower gel was empty...luckily i could reach the sink hand wash. However when i mentioned the shower gel to (another) cleaner...she snapped back at me with a poor attitude "i know".

Reception staff. Location ideal for particular music venue's i was attending

I do not understand why this accomodation has 4*. The room where we slept was not dirty but many things were broken. There were a lot of dirty spots on the wall. Also, the building is very noisy.

10 minute walk from station

• 6 Bed Private en-suite

The beds definitely have seen better days and were fixed up poorly using cable ties etc. Some of the blankets were looking very dirty, yet the linens were clean. The room was not properly cleaned before arrival. We found half empty soda bottles in plain sight on the wondow sill. In general, the rooms could profit from a little renovation.

The location is good, the staff friendly and it was not too loud at night (Sun->Mon->Tue). There is a parking discount if you come by car, just ask the staff.

• Single Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The shower didn't work as intended but I'm sure they will fix that very soon :)

Staff is excellent + the discount on couple of the nearby restaurants comes really in handy.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Basic Dormitory Room

I didn't like the fact that there was only cold water available. Also, the shower cabin had like a fixed shower, instead of one with the hose. One window in the bedroom couldn't close.

It was extremely clean. Very surprising as it is a hostel. Staff were super, super friendly. The hostel's location is great, it is in the city centre and most activities are just a short walk away. The Hatters Hostel provides daily activities for it's customers, which was great as well. The hostel doesn't have a kitchen, but you can use the restaurant right next to it and get 15% off. All in all, if you're staying for a short time; this place is ideal!

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

overall all good, specially considering price, but room was very cold, I don't know if I don't find temperature or heating control but as day I visited was so cold (7degree end of april!) very cold, but bed and others all ok

overall staffs are helpful. specially one from Estonia blond girl at reception

• Single Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

There is a bar at the 1st floor. İmpossible to sleep in weekends The room was so tiny for 12 beds that’s why always smell bad. Hot water is not enough for shower Currently the kitchin is also out of service. But it is only hostel in Manchester so you dont have another option. İf your purpose to visit Manchester is only for Football, i recommend you to stay at Liverpool. Very close to Manchester and round trip is only 7£ there are good hostels and bigger city

Good location and good staffs

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Basic Dormitory Room

There was no way to make the room really dark at night. If you are a light sleeper, you might need a sleep mask here. Also, the bathroom sink is literally in the room, so if someone washes their hands or teeth late at night, you are going to hear it. Again, only a problem if you are light sleeper, I guess.

Nice staff and good location.

• Double Room Ensuite

Loud music played next door until about 12 on the night and kept us awake. Wasn't quite sure how to work the television.

The bed was comfy and the room was smart-looking. We were greeted with cookies and water in the room and there was a pretty calm atmosphere inside the hostel. Location was close to the shopping centre, arena and other cool things.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Pictures show plug sockets on all the beds, but the rooms I saw that wasn’t the case. The door to the first room I stayed in wouldn’t shut properly as it’s twisted so needed a hefty slam to shut it. There is noise over the weekend from the nightclubs until the early hours and as is the case expect people to come in late (or in the case of my room getting someone who was a light sleeper and decided to get up several times to go out for a cigarette slamming the door both on the way out and in ie 345am)

In the centre of the city, a few minutes walk from both the main stations and the tram network. There is soap and shower gel in the rooms so saves having to take own supplies

Give 4 stars by booking.com and def not 4 star accommodation,also when we checked in there was a group before us that booked but got moved into an 8 room dorm with only 1 bed available and there was 4 of them,all staff done was apologise for the mistake and basically sent them on there way.no help was offered to find new accommodation even though it was hatters fault

It's location was handy

• Single Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Sadly not much room in Reception to sit and wait before check in or after. No toilets also, thats not good at all.

The staff for sure.Very friendly and helpful.Its location is ok, but next to a very loud bar at weekends, but the staff made my return to my home city after 30yrs very nice indeed, Thanks guys😚

• Single Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

Bathroom door didn't lock. Kitchen facilities promised were closed. I had to rent a lock to keep my belongings safe.

Reception staff were very friendly both day and night time. Location was very convenient.

• Single Bed 6-Bed Female Only Dormitory Room

There's no kitchen to relax or make a coffee. The ceiling of bunk bed was very low, so can't sit up if you try to sit on lower bunk.

As my room was a corner room, it was nice and bright. Bathroom too was spacious and bright, sufficient for our needs. Staff was friendly and efficient.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The room I stayed in was quite small compare to the picture, narrow! Also there was a little mouse that came in & out from the bathroom (en-suite), there was a whole by the sink, I think that was the route it takes! The bed I slept in, bottom bank bed; the mattress is very thin and need replacing, I could feel the bedframe, so not a very comfortable night. But luckily I was there just for 1 night. There is another hostel near by , more or less the same name (Hatters) as I went there first but they directed me to the correct one Hatters BY HILTON. Took just 6min walk.

Great location, about 10min walk to the main train station. The receptionist was very patient and very friendly; I was desperate for a cup of tea as I checked in quite late (11pm), the restaurant was already closed, he offered to make me a hot chocolate (he didn´t have tea bags..) with his mini hot drink machine at the reception even though this wasn´t meant for customers. Little touch goes far!

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The kitchen was unavailable during my stay and this I didn't know otherwise I would not have stayed. The room was only cleaned once throughout my stay, trash bin was not emptied and overflowed into the floor

The location is fantastic. Right in the centre of town and close to everything

• Single Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

Room was really cramped. Mattress was really uncomfortable and my bunk had a hot water pipe running about 2 feet above it. Very noisy.

The location was good and the staff were really nice.

• 4 Bed Private en-suite

Was a little dirty and we could not sleep at all because everyone was screaming in the hotel. Insanely loud, not good for a longer stay and nobody cared.

Close to the center and nice people at the front desk.

• Single Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

at night it was very noisy with people drinking from the 1st floor till 3am in the morning. alot of commotion going on outside the rooms at 2am.

near the city center

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Basic Dormitory Room

Noisy Smelled of cigarettes Lack of USB and Plugs Bed was double booked on the first night. Was asked to move room on the last night @ 10PM.

Staff were friendly Good location

• Double Room Ensuite

Great location and comfortable room. Attractive and hip decor. Best for travelers who don’t need hotel-like services since it’s a hostel. Upscale hostel, but hostel.

• Single Bed 6-Bed Female Only Dormitory Room

I can't say anything bad, of course if you are going to stay in a hostel you can't pretend a 5 stars hotel.

I stayed here last December and I came back once again. The location is perfect, close to everything, cite centre, coach/train stations, what else? Also, super friendly staff.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

People yelling outside the door at 2am. I find disrespectful. There are other places to talk. The tv room or kitchen.

Friendly staff. Also very helpful. Good facilities.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Basic Dormitory Room

The hostel location is very good and in general hostel is nice and clean. We just had an issue with the heating. The night we stayed in the hostel was snowing and freezing. The window and door to some kind o balcony was very old and actually there was even a hole over there. The heating in the room didn’t work and when we came back to sleep around midnight it was like 10 degrees in the room! We stayed there just one night. In the morning we said at the reception about it. The girl was very positive and friendly and asked if we came over in the middle of night to say the staff heating is off, as it was off and someone could turn it on. Sounds a bit silly to me as it’s the middle of winter, temperature below zero outside, windows are old so it’s something normal and obvious heating should be on to provide some comfort. I guess using a heating in such a weather is not some luxury I should ask for at the reception desk! I don’t have any other negative comments as the hostel seemed to be very nice place. That was the only one issue.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Basic Dormitory Room

The bathroom sink plug was blocked but we resolved that quite quickly. One of the windows wouldn't shut properly. It wasn't super clean but paying £30 a night for a bed I wasn't expecting it to be immaculate.

The room was cheap and in a good location the shower was quite good (good temperature but not great water pressure) The bathroom was really big. The bedding was clean. The staff at reception were helpful and kind. It is great for group travelling. It was nice and warm on the third floor.

TV didn’t work and the noise from outside kept me awake all night. Had about an hours sleep! Didn’t bother complaining, the window glazing was so poor it would have been the same anywhere in the building!

Big room, fairly clean and comfy beds

• Single Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

Only a small gripe, and not even against the hotel. The bar next door offers 15% off to people staying but I wouldn't recommend. I was waiting nearly five minutes to be served even though the bar wasn't busy due to barstaff chatting to friends.

What a difference 18 months make. The recent refurbishment has improved the place completely. Plenty of plugs by beds and a decent amount of storage space. Very friendly, helpful staff as well- Claudia was particuarly helpful when checking in.

• Single Bed 6-Bed Female Only Dormitory Room

Their were group of school tour pupils booked in... very loud from 6am throughout morning and start again in the evening.. while I can appreciate it is difficult to control this I was woken and kept awake esp when the fire alarm was set off.but I did appreciate from the hostel that I did not have to share a room with them. The teachers could have managed them better but were no where to be seen...ever...

Location but no maps available there until morning I was leaving 😕

• Single Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

I have 2 booking at this hostel on 9-11 and 12-14 March 2018. No one explain me why move my booking on 9-11 March from "Hatters at Hilton Chambers" to "Hatters Manchester". There are my worst hostel that I ever stay. Room at 4 floor No lift ,no locker in room just a small locker outside room , 2 toilets for men , very old, 5 pounds for baggage storage.Don't want to comeback again. ห่วยสัส ไม่ต้องมาพักครับ

• Single Bed 6-Bed Female Only Dormitory Room

Booked the wrong room and although aware of my mistake and having both my phine number and email decided not to inform me until i tried to check in at 8:00pm i then had to pay for a train home because it was too late to find other accommodations. Tetrible service.

Location, cleanliness.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Very loud neighbours. Lack of kitchen. No charger in the bathroom and no mirror in the room, hence no place to dry hair.

Central location, bedding is fresh and nice. It's fine for this money.

• Single Bed in 6-Bed Basic Dormitory Room

The kitchen is closed. It should be made clear on booking. Guests can use the other hatters hostel kitchen but it’s really filthy and smelly to the point that you really don’t want eat in that place.

• Single Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

Couldn't fault the place. There was a bit of noise, but nothing to keep me from sleeping. Also the kitchen was closed during my stay, which again wasn't an issue.

Great location! Had a very pleasant stay, and slept very well. Has everything I need from a hostel. Had no issues, and will definitely stay again.

• Double Room Ensuite

Beds not suitable for 2 people ! This was a massive inconvenience because it was not even a double bed, but a large single bed.

Location was very good and the hotel is modern

Manager

Manager of that hostel is racist and creating opinions about people. She didn't like me cause I'm Pole and didn't even spoke to me and say sorry after people were fuc**** on lower level of my bed. Didn't get refund but didn't even expect that after someone who hate other nations. She also were speaking to me like to her kid which I didn't really like even if I much younger than those women. The reason of that was: someone was sitting on other people bed. Of course if I am Pole she said it was me. Staff was really helpfull and nice, volunteers who cleaning rooms there were also really nice. I could keep my things in a hostel after spent almost two days (nobody made any problem about that - maybe just racist manager) in a hospital which one of receptionists recommend for me.

• Single Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

I checked in at night and my bed was taken, nobody pays attention to the assigned beds so I got the only one which left. there are no cupboards in the room. The bathroom and entire room were very humid and all the cloths in the rooms smelled badly.

I like the location and really helpful staff. From outisde the building looks very nice as well as the reception area.

• Double Room Ensuite

Builders smashing outside he bedroom door at 7:45 in the morning and the rudest night guard. The dude with the specs. That guy sucks

Comfy bed awesome shower close to band on the wall

• Single Bed 6-Bed Female Only Dormitory Room

The boiler wasn't working in the morning (cold shower). It was also noisy outside, with the bar directly below. Manchester does not sleep! Recommend earplugs.

I would stay again; the place felt clean, the staff were welcoming and informed, and I had a good dorm. Felt safe.

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

on that night, i dont have hot water for me to take the shower. They give me one key for another room, it still not works. And also I asked several other ppl in other room, none of them has the hot water, what i guess the whole heating system is down. The stuff is nice but the only thye tell me to do is to wait until tmr, I guess they dont have any ppl could deal with that as an urgent cast.

at a very good location and cleanliness is good.

• Single Bed 6-Bed Female Only Dormitory Room

Kitchen being refurbished, no hooks in bathroom for towel and clothes (you have to put them on the toilet seat)

Nice atmosphere, excellent staff, recently decorated

• Single Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Beds extremely uncomfortable. Cheapest of the cheap. Pillow practically non existent. Only one light in room, no individual lamps for bed.

Staff was friendly. Room was warm.

Light in the bathroom flickered on/off! Nothing else to dislike, it was cheap(ish) and it matched my expectations. Was shabby-chic, fine for 3 lads coming for a boozy weekend!

Staff very friendly & happy to help Brilliant location within the Northern Quarter Close to Manchester Piccadilly station Outside communal area and bar is a great place to warm up before a night out

There were the previous guests boxers on the bathroom door handle :/

Beds were so comfyyy !!! and all the staff I spoke with were really welcoming and up to help

• Single Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

The kitchen was closed! And there was no advance notice to this effect! Considering I could have booked either Hatters in Manchester, I booked the newly renovated one, where I had stayed last year and assumed everything would be completed a year on. But I arrived to discover there was no kitchen!! So I spent a lot of my time walking to the other Hatters to use the facilities. There should have been information that there was no kitchen. I rang up when I realised there is now no breakfast - and no one mentioned the no kitchen aspect. ALSO, there are no external toilets other than in the rooms. So if yours is occupied, say, in a 12-person dorm, there is no where else to go! That is ridiculous!!

Hostel itself is perfect for a short stay. Nice restaurant besides it.

Very friendly staff, helpfull. Located in centre of Manchester just a few steps from Market Street. Lot of noise in neighbourhood although that inherent it’s location. Be sure to have earplugs with you, you’ll need them 😉. We stayed in a private room with al needed stuff like own bathroom, toilet and television.

Browse Hatters at Hilton Chambers traveller photo gallery