Reviews of Double Tree by Hilton Coventry 4 stars

Paradise Way, Coventry, CV2 2ST, United Kingdom

#6 of 29 hotels in Coventry

Nice, clean, wide property. Great rooms, good Gym. Food choices are not great.

Formal, cold treatment of dining staffs. Except for the assistant chef, the server or butler (not sure if that's what she was) were not very supportive. No halal food, and very limited spread of meat at breakfast - you won't find beef sausage or salami, for instance, or chicken sausage.

Clean property, wide lawn, cosy yet well-equipped gym + swimming-pool. Staffs are friendly at Gym, warm at reception. Away from Coventry (takes approx 15 minutes from City Center at least) - but I guess that's also the reason why it is so wide. We paid hefty amount during summer stay, but I guess it was competitive compared to other UK hotels.

Relaxed long weekend in a lovely quiet friendly hotel

Restaurant staff wearing various shades of blue jeans/jeggings. I understand that they want you to feel relaxed but I think that black trousers/ jeans would have looked much better - just my personal opinion. However on saying that, the staff were all friendly and helpful.

Reception staff were professional, very friendly and extremely helpful. We enjoyed the free cookies which was a nice welcoming and personal touch.

Staff was fantastic.
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Staff was fantastic. Very helpful when I had a problem with my room. Took care of the problem immediately and helped me move rooms with a minimum of inconvenience! Everyone was very helpful, including restaurant staff. Thank you!

Good clean and comfortable - welcoming staff

I would have like water in room - it was extremely hot weather

Overall very clean and comfortable with welcoming and helpful staff. My room was well equipped and quiet - clean and comfortable thank you

Best Weekend Ever

Everything, the touches to detail was nice and the supply of a fridge was perfect as we had food and drink to keep chilled.

Stayed whilst visiting family close by and will definitely return.
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Very good accommodation at competitive price. Room clean, quiet and very comfortable. Didn't use restaurant or leisure complex so can't comment on those.

Very comfortable stay but not cheap.
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Wifi did not work at all anywhere in the hotel - room, lobby, restaurant, bar. Seemed like we paid a premium rate because The Rolling Stones were playing Coventry that night (or maybe because there was a wedding in the hotel).

Large and very comfortable room. Great bed. Good sized bathroom. Excellent breakfast. Easy parking.

OK hotel - food, facilities and staff excellent. Sadly let down by poor housekeeping in the rooms.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Inadequate cleanliness and rooms are looking a bit tired and dated. Really could do with a complete overhaul.

The staff went that extra mile for the kids. We were made to feel very welcome, and the gym, pool and restaurant were of a very high standard.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The housekeeping in the rooms was poor. When I arrived, I discovered a pair of grubby men's boxer shorts under the bed, as well as other items, left behind from the previous occupant. Was not impressed.

The food was excellent. Would have to give it more than 10 out of 10, as it was exemplary. The staff in the restaurants were extremely helpful and went that extra mile.

Expensive for what it is
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Paying for parking, no robes in room to use the pool/ sauna. Parts of the hotel looked old and not clean, lift, hallways. Pool was ok but small, the shower in pool, no power at all. No SOAP in Showers in Gym.

Excellent breakfast.

Good location fir proximity to the hospital;
    • King Hilton Guestroom

In need of some redecorating and a nut free cookie option should be available

Good location fir proximity to the hospital; good price and facilities were available though i didn’t have time to use them this visit

Wouldn’t stay again
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Poor quality for 4 star laundry & service room outside our bedroom 135 noisy early morning Fittings poor no bath robes or water

Friendly staff Nice white towels Good choice for breakfast

Unable to take the children swimming, no insurance for...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Unable to take the children swimming, no insurance for children after 19.30. This was the thing they were most looking forward to and a reason I spent so much on the room

A Very pleasant and comfortable stay. Would recommend this Hilton.
    • King Hilton Guestroom

There was nothing we did not like.

This hotel is in a great location for Coventry and the Ricoh Arena. We arrived late in the evening and the reception staff were lovely and chatty. A warm cookie on arrival was very nice and yummy. Breakfast was great with lots to choose from. The bed was nice and large and very comfortable. We have been to this Hilton before and will definitely go again.

We like DoubleTree and will keep visiting all the time the staff are so helpful in trying to correct

I booked a 'Delux kingsize' room and was prepared to pay £100 per night more than for other top hotels, but when we arrived we were given a 'dulux double' room. When we complained the staff were excellent and really helpful but couldn't re-allocate another room because the hotel was full. All they could do was cancel the charge for the room. We had to sleep in a double bed when I had paid for a kingsize bed and, had I not complained DoubleTree would have got away with it, convincing me that this was the room I had paid for. I sleep in a kingsize bed at home every night so I know the difference. Although I was happy that in the end I was not charged for the room, this is the second time this has happened in this hotel. Last time we were given another kingsize room, but only after a fight. If you are selling kingsize beds online then your guests expect to be given what they have paid for. In my instance I needed the kingsize bed because my partner is recovering from broken ribs so, although we did not pay for the room, we still spent an uncomfortable night in a small bed because it was too late to find another hotel.

The staff were very sympathetic to our problem and immediately and politely tried to help us.

The reception staff were fantastic and couldn't do...
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

The bed was hard and creaked. The bar staff weren't so jolly, probably due to the queue for lunch. Most of my colleagues had pre-ordered lunch. Sandwich,crisps and coke for £5. A few of us wanted to order lunch from the hotel menu. We had to stand in the same queue to order whilst the others paid and picked up their pre-ordered lunches. By the time I got to order my lunch, I couldn't have what I wanted because it would have taken too long to cook! There were nearly 80 of us.

The reception staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough.

great hotel with super friendly and helpful staff
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

I'm a part time wheelchair user and couldn't figure out how to get to bar without using 3 stairs. Huge queues a lot of the time so were times I wanted to get a soft drink but couldn't stand up for long enough to queue for it

bed really comfy

A Couple of the female staff are not always as helpful as...
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

A Couple of the female staff are not always as helpful as others. I also witnessed the Bar Manager speak to one of my colleagues in a manner that was completely unprofessional about a bottle of wine not paid for.

Poor disabled facilities
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Lack of information about things that would affect your stay. Like conference that closes the restaurant. That there is a delay in using swimming pool and gym due to limited numbers. That there are not good disabled facilities.

Bedroom was comfortable

Really nice hotel with very friendly staff especially check in lady.
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

The breakfast was good service not great, asked for a soft boiled poached egg but waited so long gave up. The main function was cold.

The check in was great, room lovely and facilities good.

Originally we were provided with an interconnecting room...
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Originally we were provided with an interconnecting room which we weren't happy about, within minutes of contacting reception we were ,moved rooms. Breakfast was superb. We liked the check out time as this gave us additional relaxation time in the morning.

nice break away
    • King Hilton Guestroom

We were in room 239, which seemed to have some sort of generator next door. It kept coming on and going off, and was very loud.

It was convenient to get to, and lots of things to do near by.

The breakfast was very good and your staff were excellent.
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

There was a complete lack of hotel information in the room. The complimentary bathroom toiletries could be improved regarding quantity and replacement over three nights.

The breakfast was very good and your staff were excellent. room and tea/ coffee facilities were very good.

Comfortable convenient hotel, quiet and a great place for a journey's break
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

The exit from the car park is extremely confusing because the signs run out and becone signs for the gym only. It took me two circles (along with other cars ) to get out. Weird and unnecessary

I liked the closeness to the A14/M6 junctions as this made it a very useful stop on my journey for a night

Convenient location
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Bathroom very basic no heat no shaving mirror . Hot water boiling and dangerous Bath shower mixer tap not working well. Charged £5 per day parking. All hotels should now have some rooms with walk in showers

Convenient location

Great, comfortable hotel with excellent facilities and friendly staff
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Breakfast seemed relatively pricey. The lift needs updating.

Lovely staff on reception (particularly Beverley). Clean and comfortable rooms. Use of great gym and indoor swimming pool. Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries in the bathroom. Encouragement to be eco-friendly. Ample parking. Close to Showcase which has a couple of restaurants, supermarket and cinema. Decent value for money in my opinion. Free wifi everywhere.

Staff were great particularly Lauren on reception, range of drinks at the bar was great.
    • King Hilton Guestroom

None of the spa facilities weren’t working which was very disappointing and the pool and changing rooms were dated.

Love the addition of Starbucks Cookie and of course the cookie on arrival. The Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries are fab too.

Very enjoyable, relaxing stay
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

A little further from town centre than expected. Small pool which meant my husband was unable to join me , as had to keep availability for members

Excellent breakfast - couldn't think of anything a guest would request that wasn't available. Very pleasing comfortable decor throughout. Excellent staff. Loved the in room coffee machine .

Everything!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Was a little disappointed at the shortage of gluten free food available, not up to the standards of other Hilton hotels

Everything! Helpful staff, comfortable rooms. This wasn’t my first stay and won’t be my last.

HH coventry

A little bit more access to the facilities across the road would have been better. There was a cinema and lots of eating places that would have been welcoming if only you could have walked to them rather than having to get in your car .

Very presentable entrance and great staff. Would definitely stay here again.

Basic rooms, nice pool, fantastic check in staff
    • King Hilton Guestroom

The delay sorting my room bill out - it took most of the next day

The restaurant bill got put on my room and although it was settled in cash that night, was still on my room bill the next day - make sure waiting staff give you a receipt!!

Overall a nice stay with a little nuisance noise.
    • King Hilton Guestroom

The noisey fan in the bathroom that didn't stop when the light was off! We did point this out to the chambermaid and at reception on leaving. Nothing could be done over the Easter break it appears.

The friendly staff, the room and the nice relaxed feel to the place.

Overall the hotel must have been renovated over the years...

Charging £5 for overnight parking next to the motorway really isn’t the way to go. The pool is small and the changing facilities put us off of using it. There’s only one therapist is the spa ( over Easter) but she was really nice and competent.

Overall the hotel must have been renovated over the years but still looks s little dated in parts. There were failed attempts at this in our bathroom for instance: the shower head was designer but failed to provide good flow or direction of water; the tap in the sink was new but set too far from the sink which meant little space tosctually wash your hands. The restaurant had efficient and friendly staff both st dinner and breakfast and food on both occasions was very nice.

It was fab
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Beds were very comfy, Breakfast was great they had everything you could possible want and staff were friendly. I will be recommending to friends and hope to return soon.

Lovely stay beautiful location but the bed was a complete let down. as it was extremely noisy.
    • King Hilton Guestroom

The bed we had was extremely noisy with every single movement and turn made and therefore disturbed our sleep. It should be thrown out.

The rooms are lovely and spacious and the breakfast was good

Very pleasant stay and great restaurant
    • King Hilton Guestroom

TV poor screen quality and the changing room in spa area was very untidy and needed a clean.

The rooms were great size and very comfortable, great fluffy towels and good restaurant

Nice relaxing hotel, friendly staff
    • King Hilton Guestroom

sign saying parking was loads of money per day - check out what we liked comments. they automatically put a service charge on the restraunt bill

We dined in the restraunt which had a very good selection of food and wines. Bed very comfortable, no problem changing bedding as allergic to feathers. Nice spaceous lobby area leading on to the bar area and also the restraunt ample parking, which says it costs loads of money per day - but use the machine at the main desk as it has a massive reduction for hotel guests

very impressed decided to stay another night

Pool was a little cool

Full Buffett Breakfast with a large choice Met at receiption checkin with a warm Home made Cookie nice sized room with ensuite nice sized conference room Pool is a decent size for the hotel but the water was a little on the cool side, but they did have some heating problems that day.

The cookie on arrival was a very nice touch.
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Trying to get to the places to eat and play bowling were across the dual carriageway and there is not appropriate crossing.

The cookie on arrival was a very nice touch. I also left my iPhone charger in the room when I checked out. I rang once I realised and it was waiting at reception when I got there.

Room was nice and clean, comfy bed, nice sauna.
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Room was very cold because the heating was broken and there was a draft from the windows. The room isn't as nice as the pictures make out, although the reception and dining areas are very nice. Leisure facilities are outdated and way too much chlorine in the pool. They charge £5 for room service (per order) but do not advertise this anywhere. There was a discrepancy with the price when we checked in - they tried to charge an additional £60 despite the fact that I booked on booking.com. This was eventually resolved but wasn't a great reception to have on arrival! Breakfast is okay, but not as wonderful as everyone on this site makes out. The hotel is a bit out if you don't have a car but you can jump on a bus to the city and we also got an uber to Coombe Park which cost £8, so not too bad.

Room was nice and clean, comfy bed, nice sauna. The reception and dining area is very nice and the breakfast is decent enough.

Weekend in coventry

Everything was fine

Beverly the lady at reception was very professional smiley and went out of her way to make my wife and i feel very welcome and comfortable.

Excellent hotel
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Breakfast staff could be a little happier, there wasn’t the usual ‘Good morning ‘ welcome that you get at most hotels

Very warm welcome from Beverley on reception, started our stay off perfectly. High quality hotel for a reasonable price, excellent breakfast.

Great place to stay for bed and breakfast. Don’t have dinner!
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Wanted to have dinner Sunday evening. Restaurant wasn’t laid up but we were told we could have same menu in the bar. No problem except the only chairs available were sofas with low tables. After making a bit of fuss they eventually opened some tables (we weren’t the only ones) but to be honest the food was poor

Very comfortable hotel. Clean, large room and comfy bed. Really good breakfast. Lots of choice. Great location for NEC

Lovely Hotel have been stopping here for many years "...
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Lovely Hotel have been stopping here for many years " allways good service clean rooms & food very good. 2 min off the motorway. Some Saturday's there are wedding's & then it's a little busy down stairs! But generally very good Hotel.

We were visiting family in Coventry. The stay was comfortable and convenient.

See above

The room was very comfortable - on the ground floor. The restaurant menu could have been more interesting. Was the car parking charge really necessary.

Enjoyable stay, rooms were quiet. Only a minute from motorways.

Warm cookie on arrival & also on speaking with reception staff our rooms were changed to be adjoining. The coffee maker was unexpected as there was also the usual tea & coffee making facilities.

My stay was really pleasant and I would introduce anyone (and I did) to stay there.
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Only the breakfast was a little below usual standards... as previously stated. I would be really nit picking to say there are other things I did not like!

The welcome and friendliness of all the staff I came in contact with. The room was clean and well presented however the breakfast was a little below the standards I had become used to. My stay was very pleasant and it was really quiet and peaceful, even other guests passing by said hello and good morning!

OK but could have been better
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There was a dog grooming conference on in the hotel (over the whole 2+ days) - when we booked, nobody had advised us about the disruption caused in foyer, lifts and barking coming from bedrooms.

Staff were very pleasant / long-suffering.

Excellent Hotel
    • King Hilton Guestroom

The hotel was amazing, such lovely staff & very helpful it was a huge dog event & they catered extremley well for all of us. Beverley the receptionist was the best she helped in every way & loved all our dogs too! Thank you

Such a great welcome.

Paying for parking!

Such a great welcome. The Receptionist was so helpful, friendly and professional. The cookies a very nice touch! Room was lovely and breakfast was the best ever.

More or less everything was as expected.
    • King Hilton Guestroom

We had an untidy room in respect of crumbs on a chair and chips on the floor, which wasn't at all what we would usually get from this establishment. This was promptly rectified by changing the room with an upgrade included. It took all of 10 minutes out of our time and wasn't a problem that couldn't be solved.

More or less everything was as expected. Comfort, food, staff were all on form.

Would return over and over again.
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Bed need updating. My back hurt.

Zoe was on reception and was so accommodating to our every need. Beverly and Zoe are a credit to Hilton enterprise in Coventry

early check in should be availble for at least one guest.this process nreds to be reviewed

Waiting over 2 hours to check on before 15.00. Even though we are regulat travellers to the hotel. Poor service in that regatds by the hotel....my expectation was not met.

We wanted to check in about an hour earlier than usual 15.00pm unfortunately this was not availble and we waited for 2hours. I have used your hotel on at least 4 separate occassions spending large amounts of money for two nights and one night stays mainly for pleasure.This is below par surely there would be at least one room available that was turned over early enough,, for one guest to do an early check in...For guests who are regular stayers and spend their money and time. I feel we were treated poorly to be left in the foyer to watch everyone else. We had an flight which came in earlier than the scheduled. It seems using something regularly spending large amounts of money counts for nothing. This experience made it worse because the person staying at the hotel is a VIP who stays in numerous hotels all over the world so he knows what good customer service looks like...

This place when hosting an event has one focus only, the...

This place when hosting an event has one focus only, the event organiser, which was at the expense of the other clearly less important traveller and guest. Abysmally understaffed to accommodate large events and what I would suggest is the business core, their other guests.

Convenient for our travels, nice pool and sauna. Should’ve have to pay for parking if staying in hot
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Coffee served at breakfast was very weak and bitter. Smokers outside foyer .... the smoke wafted up to our room and also could be smelled in the corridors.

Coffee machine in room

Excellent value for money.
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

The property is out of town and the parking fee of £5 feels a little excessive - parking could be free for people staying in the hotel?

Really comfortable and clean rooms. Excellent night's sleep. Good facilities.

ok for an overnight stay
    • King Hilton Guestroom

bed was hard, no dressing gown or slippers. No main light in room. Big party going on downstairs and so struggled to park and get in and out of the foyer. Shower screen doesn't fit properly so water went all over the floor.

staff were friendly, room was ok. Shower was great

A lovely stay, thank you! Would definitely stay again!
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Not very easy to get into the town center and had to spend quite a lot of Money on taxis. You also have to pay £5 a night to park your car which is a little Cheeky when you have already paid so much for the room!

Cookies given throughout the stay which was a nice touch. One of the receptionists reminded us of Whoopi Goldberg and she was absolutely brilliant!!! She made the stay for us! Good check out times and a lovely pool and spa area. Very close to a supermarket and a few restaurants and also a cinema and bowling alley.

The Hilton leading the way in hospitality.
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

There was nothing to dislike

Excellent service at reception, however from using Hilton in the past, I expect no different. The food was good and delivered to the room with a smile. At the time the cookies were being handed out to guests and we certainly enjoyed the extra touch.

Not great experience
    • King Hilton Guestroom

There was no fridge in room The shower wasn't hot on the second night The heating did not work in room Our breakfast tray was left outside our room from 11 am to 6pm

Great stay
    • Deluxe Twin Room

For the price, should have complimentary bottled water. Menu is boring.

Staff, clean bathroom. Could open the window when room got to warm. Super fast lifts.

Not good value
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Having to pay (£5) for parking when hotel is on an industrial estate with free parking elsewhere nearby. Having to pay £12 per day for WIFI in room; most places including less expensive accommodation provides free WIFI. Location meant having to drive to eat out or for entertainment. Was a conference taking places which meant lobby/lounge was very noisy and busy; other guests would struggle to find somewhere quiet to meet. Otherwise OK but would not go back.

Room was comfortable and facilities good with spacious lobby and lounge area.

Would come back again
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Visible remains of water leak in the corner of the ceiling.

Really friendly staff. Bev at reception made you feel really welcomed and explained everything thoroughly. We got a lovely cookie each at the check in desk. The hotel was busy because of a conference taking part in it, but it did not impact the service in any way. Enjoyed our stay there and will come back if in the area.

Beautiful hotel
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

both rooms had no hot water on morning of checkout, had to boil kettle to wash, also charged twice for parking one car and had to pay for 4 breakfasts, even though we were a party of 3?.. Complained at reception.. Got one parking fee back, told nothing could be done about breakfasts and they would inform housekeeping about the water?? Not overly impressed as had 87 year old mother in law with us and paid best part of £500.

The breakfast was good quality and plentiful

Cosy
    • King Hilton Guestroom

I put a request as I was coming for an anniversary to make a special gesture and was advised that they would but when got to the room there was nothing different than the norm. This was really upsetting.

Room was fully equipped

Despite the best efforts of some staff I will not be recommending this hotel to friends.
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

The lack of concern then offer of two separate duvets as a solution to being given a double room when I booked a twin for my work colleague and myself as the hotel was full and there were no twin rooms left. The eventual offering of a twin, but with walk in shower as it was a disabled facility, whilst better than nothing was not what I paid for and the water was too cold for showering in the morning. Most definitely not suitable for disabled guests either. The foyer where buffet lunch was served on the first day of our conference was not fit for purpose as guests coming in and out of the main door were inconvenienced by our presence and we got cold. (It was November!)

The breakfast was fantastic!!! Beverley on reception was a star and tried her absolute best to give us extra attention and service following the complete disaster of not being given the twin bedded accommodation that we had booked on the first night. She even gave up the room she was expecting to use so that we at least had separate beds for the night rather than a double which we were given in error.

Not the customer service you would expect from a Hilton
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Customer experience is dreadful. Asked were we had to pay for parking (was aware you had to pay) we was told it was complimentary the next day we got a bill for parking. Was told our room didn't include breakfast but checked and it does include breakfast and staff was still trying to say it didn't even with the booking email in front of them.

Clean rooms does its job

One night stop over visiting nearby event
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Nothing at all. Was very happy and would definitely stay again.

Location. Staff attitude. Friendly and welcoming. Requests met with immediate attention. Felt a valued visitor. Services explained fully at time of booking.

It done the job
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Service in bar and restaurant serving food extremely slow lighting in room not good Steak over done Receptionist not too friendly Free standing radiator in room so had to put that on to keep room warm No biscuits 1 x coffee sachet At the conference some one had stolen some literature books that she put out on display the lady said “ i thought this was a secure nice hotel being a hilton

breakfast very nice

Ideally situated to visit Stonleigh nearby.
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

The coffee machine in our room leaked and ruined my Mulberry handbag which was situated next to it. It was reported and staff are investigating. Still waiting for a response from the Hotel.

We were upgraded to a larger room on arrival without asking and for the same price. Nice touch.

A brilliant experience with Double tree by Hilton.
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

The location was far away from where l was going but then that's only me.

Everything! Staffs was very friendly and welcoming, very clean from the entrance to the rooms. Rooms are clean and beds comfortable! Breakfast was yummy, It's was really a nice experience l had from this hotel.

Great hotel great staff great breakfast
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Nothing really everything was just right for a nights stay after a long journey. Complete silence too. Stairs and lifts can be slightly far from the room. And parking you have to pay 5 quid for a day. The menu is pretty expensive I ordered salmon and chips which was £16 without any sauce it was totally a struggle to swallow that dry

Location and layout breakfast is good bathroom was spotless. Lots of variety for breakfast. If anything I would've booked the room next to lifts or stairs. Bedroom was good too. Close to motorway good thing. But could be easily missed if you don't have a Tom Tom.

Worth it!!
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Have to pass reception to go use the leisure facilities.

Vibrant, beautiful deco. Friendly staff especially ms.pretty at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Amazing breakfast, variety of food. Waffle maker was a bonus!

Unsatisfactory
    • King Hilton Guestroom

The service at breakfast wasnt good, wasnt offered tea or coffee and givne no milk or sugar when asked, the housekeeping was appalling nearly walking in our room before checkin! No apology. On going complaint

Free Wi-Fi, I don't like the idea of having to pay as...
    • King Hilton Guestroom

Car parking has to be paid for. That annoys me.

Free Wi-Fi, I don't like the idea of having to pay as well as paying for the room, although I would say it was very slow.