Reviews of Hilton East Midlands Airport 4 stars

Junction 24, M1, Kegworth, DE74 2YZ, United Kingdom

#2 of 4 hotels in Kegworth

5.7

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Little bit far from the airport- we were going to a festival at Donnington (as were many other guests) and a shuttle bus to and from the festival would’ve been amazing, but it was only for airport guests...

Friendly staff, good facilities, lovely breakfast.

• Hilton Deluxe Double Room

I do feel that free Wi Fi should be provided in the hotel rooms.

Excellent customer service. Great room, very comfy bed. Would definitely stay at a Hilton hotel again.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

After a misunderstanding on arrival, everything else went smoothly. We had booked 3 nights and paid in advance, but due to work arrived on the second night, to be told that we had no room as our booking would have been treated as a no show. Fortunately this was not the case in the end as payment had already been made. The room was spacious and comfortable, clean bathroom, no view to speak of but none was expected. The gym facilities were modern and well maintained. Meat free breakfast options were good, breakfast room service polite, friendly and on time. The lobby is well manned and wasn’t overly busy any time we walked through. Nice bar and food options available. We stayed during Download Festival, and felt very at home and well looked after. Thank you to the staff for making the stay a good one.

• Double Deluxe Family Room

Getting charged £50 for being asleep in my room because people near our room were running about and playing music! Wrongly charged for a noise complaint

• Double Hilton Guestroom

"Authorisation charges occurred for 4 days post stay costing me almost double the cost in initial fee. Was never advised of this and still have not be reimbursed"

Very nice breakfasts rooms and faciloties

• Twin Hilton Family

One of the restraunt staff members were very blunt and dismissive of us when asking if we could have a meal.

The bar and outdoor seating area was nice and relaxing. Had a good atmosphere

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The bedding was uncomfortable and quite rough. The bedroom and bathroom were both quite dark.

Hotel was well kept, facilities including pool were good, bar/restaurant was nice and staff were friendly and helpful.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The car parking charge of £5 per day is outrageous and unjustified. I will not stay at this hotel again. It's not the amount but the principle. How else can people reach the hotel except by car? Also, when booking, no warning was given about the ling term (apparently) road works in the area with the result that I had to crawl in very slow traffic for over 30 minutes to reach the hotel.

Acceptable standard for a Hilton

• Double Deluxe Family Room

Pillows were hard and bed "tucked in" like a cot! Heating could not be adjusted. No Earl Grey and cartons of UHT milk ugh!

Very good restaurant staff and pretty good food! Extremely efficient and helpful check in. Good coffee.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Service for dinner was very slow a couple of times. I had to go and find a server (who were usually stood by the till talking) if I wanted anything.

Nice big sized room and comfortable bed, gym was also a nice size.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

had to pay for the car parking overnight

clean and comfy room, pool was a bonus. Booked in the night before our holiday. Good position for an early flight especially as lots of snow on the ground

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Poor service in restaurant, waited too long for drinks , including water to arrive. Starter arrived and had to re order drinks! No one came to check if all was ok with our meal. Although other tables were cleared of dirty dishes(not quickly) the tables were not wiped down or re-set. This made the dining experience disappointing. Our bedroom was on an outside wall, we checked in at 7pm and the heating wasn't turned on so we had a wait until the room became warm. The waitress showed us to our breakfast table which had a dirty mug on it so my husband had to find another one as waitress disappeared. There seemed to be a lack of staff around at times.

Breakfast was very good, nice to have freshly cooked eggs. Pool was lovely, nice to have dimmed lighting in the evening. Burger and chips( although a small helping) was tasty.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Superb room, recently created. The best hotel breakfast I have experienced. Excellent and helpful staff. We didn't arrive until 2 in the morning owing to snow, but that wasn't a problem.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Two minor things as the over all stay was great. A big chunk was missing from the wash basin surround, I caught my blouse on it. When I put the air conditioning unit on stuff came out of it. Apart from that I cant fault the stay.

• Twin Hilton Family

Expected a double bed with and additional single bed, not a twin with a sofa bed but as we arrived late and only around for 1 night, I did not request a change.

Nice large rooms able to accommodate 3 easily. Good amount of parking available. will use again. Only room available in area that had three beds available.

• Twin Hilton Family

The room was very noisy from other rooms above and around us. We were told that this was due to a dance troupe but they screamed and bashed about until about 1.30 in the morning

The swimming pool area was very good and we used it .

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Location is a bit tricky. Bit of a distance from the airport, but there’s a shuttle. Returning the hired car to the Hilton (possible to hire from lobby) was difficult as the hotel post code I’d put in my Satnav, according to the hire company, doesn’t take you to the hotel...I found the hotel entrance by accident when attempting a U turn.

Staff members were friendly and professional. Room was very comfortable. Relaxed dining.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The pillows were not the best and I struggled to sleep also the pool was a little smaller than I first thought

The staff were really friendly and the hotel all in all was great

• Twin Hilton Family

First Mattresses were of a basic budget standard, despite them branded Hilton Suite Dreams. Not at all what I would expect and I must say, the worst I've ever slept on. I stay in hotels at least once a week due to work, sometimes 4 out 5 days. I have stayed in two Hilton's Newcastle, and I must say Hilton's East Midlands was poor. Had they been another Hotel Chain, I would have had my money back due to the goodnight guarantee. Second - Dinner - Fish and Chips £14. Wow, what do they do to Fish & Chips to justify that??? I've not had this for ages! Well... quite frankly, go to a local chippy. My chippy for £7 gives a big cod, chips, mushy peas, side salad and bottle of coke. I was nowhere close to the five a day? The kids meals are £10 for a three course and they do well as their £10 given starter, main and dessert is more food and than an adult's main ... Hilton say kids are subsidised by the adult courses so it balances out for parents, so I can give them that. Despite getting extra chips once asked, I'm still not convinced I'm happy.

Facilities, appearance, pool were great

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

The newer less experienced staff are poor & dont understand 'customer experience' (they mention Hilton's "make it better" customer programme, but do nothing to support it or address your issues). Single beds in hotel rooms are not acceptable / large enough

The more experienced staff a good.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

parking charge .. can not understand why the only reason to use car park is if you are staying at the hotel its in the middle off no where so charging to park is over the top

nice hotel good staff .. food drinks very good.. sadly you get charged to park in a outside car park and nothing else is there so only reason to park is to use the hotel ...

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Reception, Carlos was extra friendly. Didn't seems forced which was pleasant. Check in was fast and painless which is always a bonus on a late night checkin.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The food served in the restuarant was good quality but service was very slow even though they were quiet

The receptionist was very polite and the room was very good.

• Hilton Deluxe Double Room

Car Parking charge way too high at £ 24.00 per vehicle, Small rooms, Bar area under renovation. Sorry Hilton will not be coming back, Much better hotels in the area

Decent Breakfast

• Double Hilton Guestroom

A quick stay here before jetting off. Unfortunately didn't have time to use many of the facilities. Though we did use the shuttle to the airport which at 4am was surprisingly just for us! Though it did cost £5 each. It is in a great location for he airport at only a five minute ride and little noise from areoplanes. However, a little tricky to find as we had three sat navs on the go and each told us a different way! The car park charge was steep but as I suppose all airport hotels are. There are also computers and a printer to use free of charge (when they work!). Which would have been very handy but instead the staff were more than happy to help and print behind the desk.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Room facilities not up to standard. Air conditioning wasn’t working so had to be relocated to another room. It wasn’t much better even then. Extra heating was supplied but didn’t make much difference. Milk was ‘off’ in the room. Only 1 tissue left in the box. Food not to 4* standard. Staff inconspicuous in the bar, restaurant and kitchen.

Staff friendly and helpful.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

The restaurant food was quite expensive in comparison to the cost of the room, we would have eaten on the way in if I had of known

It was convenient for the airport prior to our trip away. A last minute booking due to the weather that was forecast in our local area and we wanted to ensure we could get there

• Twin Hilton Family

Hard to find, it seems to be on an island in the middle of lots of roads and GPS got very confused. No reading lights by the beds. Drinks exceptionally expensive £12 for 2 small glasses of house wine

Wonderful staff, I couldn't praise them highly enough Excellent breakfast, Comfortable beds Plenty of parking Good food in the restaurant

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Arrived at 2am after a very long day with flights cancelled in Manchester due to snow. Easy check in and great room service. Thanks for looking after us.

• Double Deluxe Family Room

Room was cold and aircon complicated. There was snow outside but the thermostat should be set accordingly. When opening the curtains it was like you were in an industrial estate although I understand that there’s not much you can do about that. Language Barrier with woman receptionist was unwelcome when we were so tired. Shouldn’t have to explain what you’re trying to say when you’re in your own country. As an example she didn’t understand: ‘Where is the nearest (Chinese) takeaway’. Could be more loungers in the Spa area.

Modern, Clean, Neat, flat screen TV. Good Breakfast. Great Spa.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Paid the same rate as a colleague, booked at the same time, with the same options. In reality, my colleague received breakfast and free parking. We were offered breakfast at an extra £12.50 each and had the pleasure of paying £5.00 parking on a hotel that is in the middle of nowhere.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Disparity between all day food menu in bedroom and dinner menu in restaurant. We ordered 2x3 egg omelettes in dining room-not available!! We should have ordered room service.

Breakfast chef was absolutely excellent.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The beds were extremely uncomfortable hardly slept st all it was that bad

Cleanliness and friendliness of staff and hotel was to a high standard and made to feel very welcome

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

The one member of staff at the Leisure Facility could have explained that a token was required for the locker. This resulted in having to walk back to the reception in my swim suit ! His attitude when challenged was rude and self righteous. The breakfast despite geingva buffet had no breakfast or mushrooms at one stage and when the mushrooms appeared in the rush to get them to the hot plate someended up on the floor causing a hazard. The kitchen staff seemed to be short staffed and stressed.

The room was clean, tidy and the bed was very comfy. I appreciated having free toiletries as I was rushed packing.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

The hotel is surrounded by major road works. To cover 3.5 miles took us over 30 minutes. Not a fault of the hotel but worth keeping in mind if the stay is in connection with a flight.

Breakfast was plentiful. Beds were comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Nothing in walker distance at all. Didn't like how the gym was set out. Food slightly over prised, Drinks very over prised. Not happy about having to Pay for parking

Meal in the restaurant was in my opinion slightly overpriced but was lovely!! Sauna, jacuzzi and pool very nice and also room was nice.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The staff were very friendly and couldn’t do enough for us. Room was very clean and bed was comfy. Breakfast was delicious with everything cooked perfect and so much choice, bar staff very lovely too. Really enjoyed our stay. 😀

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Could have done with a thicker quilt as got chilly through the night even after turning the heating up, would have liked to have been told about booking treatments with the therapist in the spa bit, as we didnt realise there was one till we were leaving, and in our room the plug in the bath leaked the water out so by the time you finished your bath it was half empty anyway.

Nice to be able to use the gym then relax in the jacuuzi and have a sauna and steam room too. Rooms were clean and staff very helpful. Breakfast was good too plenty of choice.

• Double Hilton Family

One night we decided to have dinner in the restaurant. There was a large group having dinner in an adjacent room, so the kitchen was very busy. We waited one hour and 20 minutes for our food. Head waiter was very kind and apologetic, and gave us a full refund. Food was ok. Would have preferred to have had our meal in a reasonable time and paid for it.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

We stayed one night before a flight and definitely will again. We had a family emergency and the staff were very helpful.nice meal in the restaurant. Have no complaints at all.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Enormous check in queue and confusion at checkout about whether I’d paid for parking.

I didn’t stay here for long but it was a very pleasant stay involving room service and 8 hours sleep.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Parking had to pay even with disabled badge it was a place where you had no choice but to pay cause of child being disabled I wouldn't have been able to get to hotel then to get out the barriers wouldn't open lots of cars behind us very embarrassing

Was good place to stay and local to my destinatiin

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Being Pedantic, paying the Car Park as extra was a bit of a nuisance when you had your company to pre-pay the reservation. WiFi is free only if you join the Hilton-membership. It doesn't sounds really free to me. I concur is free of charge but WiFi as extra in 2017 ??

Room, Restaurant, Breakfast and swimming pool were very good

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

The Receptionist offered an excellent service. We received an upgrade which was very welcome on arrival at 9.30pm after a long day. Excellent. We would stay again at this hotel.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Restaurant closed & had to eat in the bar. Food average. Appalling having to pay additional £5 per day for car parking. Daylight robbery

Room very comfortable & staff polite & attentive

• Double Hilton Family

Check in . We were checked in by the duty manager . No information (how to get to the room. Why he was charging more on the card than the cost of the room. What time breakfast was) room key didn't work had to keep going back to reception to get new key. Turned out door lock was faulty. Upgraded us to a new room.

Nice large room

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

The price if food and drink were over the top. Also having to pay for parking.

The accommodation was good staff were very accommodating in all areas apart from the bar/restaurant.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Couldn't get the TV to workPretty good

Bed was very comfy I had a good night's sleep The room was pleasant and spacious and lighting was better than most hotel rooms. Cleanliness was good and the bathroom was spacious and well appointed.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Service in restaurant is slow after the breakfast hours. This is first place where the stone heater in sauna is placed under the seats, so the top seats were too hot to sit. All other discomfort was caused by other hotel guests, which is not hotel's fault as they can't tell kids to stop screaming and climbing on wall decorations. Walking distance to nearest bus stop is pretty long.

Spacious room with lots of storage space, good gym, a good size pool, so this hotel offers very nice conditions to longer stay. Very easy to access by car. Nearby villages offer good variety of different restaurants.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The reception area was in disarray with children running around and loud during late evening. The confines of the reception were untidy and temporary cladding/boarding due to reconstruction, an obvious construction site. Noise levels continued till midnight uncontrolled with banging doors and children running around. The distance from the airport itself was misleading and could only be found in the small print. I would not recommend this to friends or associates.

The staff were friendly and helpful

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Location was good Leisure staff were good,very welcoming.

Location was good Unfortunatley the staff wasnt very helpful to begin with I book a room for myself and then book another room for a friend and he's wife,he's wife arrived before me and she was told at reception she couldnt be booked in as i wasnt there and the booking was in my name,and then was told once i had fowarded the booking refence and details to her phone that the booking i had my through booking.com didnt exist and i hadnt book a family room ? But i had two comformation emails for both my room and theirs. After making her wait in recetion area for nearly an hour with her two children they then offered to do a complete new booking with them which was a couple of pounds dearer . This is a shame as i have stayed her before and had no problems Maybe this had something to do with the refurbishment work that was being done and they only had temporary check in desk ?? I will probably not stay at this particular hilton again unless i have no other alternative .

• Hilton Deluxe Double Room

Paying for parking wasn't expected and I think a bit unfair given the room price and state of the car park.

The room was very clean and large. The bar was excellent.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

For an airport hotel, nothing.

This is the best airport hotel that we have ever stayed in. Brilliant staff, great attitude. Nice breakfast, lovely room, well fitted, comfy bed, clean and quiet. Nice indoor pool.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Dinner was distinctly average, which was disappointing considering the prices charged.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were spacious and clean. The gym/swimming pool were nice areas.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

We had asked for a second floor room but no mention was made by the staff when we checked in. Even if it was not possible it would have been thoughtful and courteous to have apologised at the beginning.

It was relatively hassle free and easy.

• Double Deluxe Family Room

Refurbishment works going on, wasn't informed. Swimming pool closed even though asked staff the night before = very dissapointed children.

Breakfast and waitresses.

• Hilton Deluxe Double Room

Hotel tired Resteraunt now more like a Bistro Not enough staff during busy periods Room air conditioning hopeless In a terms of Value for Money not anywhere near as good as Premier Inn

Staff are friendly Breakfast ok Rooms adaquate

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

As stated above we were disappointed with the restaurant.

We were disappointed that there is no longer a nice restaurant environment where you can enjoy being served an evening meal rather than in a burger bar environment. Other than that the hotel is very good.

• Double Deluxe Family Room

Having to pay to park at an out of town hotel. I am sure this was not made clear to me when booking the hotel. In this day and age everybody wants business this type of thing is a small bug bear and should not be charged when paying so much for the room and facilities in the first place.

Good spacious room good breakfast. Unfortunately did not get a chance to do any more as arrived late in the day and left promptly in the morning

Na

Arrived late after a mix up at another hotel the night staff were excellent sorted out parking for our trip very quickly as they could see we frazzled room was excellent staff were better including both guys who transferred us to and from the airport a special mention to I think his name was hazim on reception what a nice man

• Twin Hilton Family

The fact we was told we couldn't use the leisure facilities the day we was leaving even though we was paying for treatments and only came the night before for a spa break.

The breakfast was lovely and the pillows was comfy. The lady keeyleigh that did our treatments was very nice! And did an amazing job of our treatments :) the man of reception was friendly too.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Car Park charge even when staying overnight. Given location it is unlikely guests will arrive on foot or horseback! £12.50 for internet connection! Hello!!

Large, comfortable and well appointed room. Bed was excellent. Good facilities. Close to East Midlands Airport. Helpful staff.

• Double Hilton Family

We came with a baby and needed the hotel to sterilise the baby's bottles in the travel sterilser in the microwave. The Kitchen refused to do this on the grounds that they had commercial strength microwaves. We asked at the reception and the receptionist said as long as we signed a disclaimer we could use the staff microwave to sterilise the bottles. A manager arrived on the scene as this was happening and told us that they couldn't do this. They would not accommodate our request.

Reception staff on arrival were friendly and helpful.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

difficult to find the hotel using satnav. Position is very isolated between major roads giving no option but to stay at the hotel to eat for example - no obvious way to leave the hotel and come back without rejoining the motorway!

Good bar area with decent food.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Restaurant was busy with a couple of functions on and we appreciate staff were under pressure,but no excuse for starters arriving before mains and cold plates. The waitress was very apologetic.

Excellent reception service .

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Wi-Fi in the room was terrible. It's incredibly annoying to have to sit by the door or in the corridor to get a stable connection especially when you're expected to have to pay (unless you're a member)! After paying roughly £130 a night it's a total cheak to expect £5 a night extra for parking! Also very annoying. For breakfast the quality of sausages and black pudding seriously needs to be upgraded. Both were very low quality. Ate a few mouthfuls on day 1 and didnt bother for days 2, 3 and 4.

Great variety for breakfast. Overall very much enjoyed the grub. Staff very helpful. Awesome gym and pool!

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

I telephoned the week before my stay to order a vegan breakfast. I spoke to the receptionist and the chef and my request was duly noted. When I arrived, I reiterated my request for the following morning. There was no note on my record but the receptionist said he would add the note to my file. At breakfast, the chef was uninformed about my request, however, he was more than willing to cook me something to my liking without meat or dairy and I appreciated his care. I also had an evening meal in the restaurant with my colleague and, although he was able to have a full dinner and dessert, the only item on the menu that was suitable for a vegan was a very small portion of chips. When I mentioned my disappointment in the food on checking out, the receptionist wondered why I hadn't been offered a tofu stir fry which they can provide for vegan guests. Instead, I went to bed hungry. As veganism is currently growing exponentially worldwide, it seems a real shame that the Hilton group are not paying attention to their menu options and offering greater variety to their guests. It is a very nice hotel and the staff are friendly but the lack of communication of a guest's requirements took the shine off it for me. I would return for the room and location but I would eat elsewhere or take in my own food.

Very clean, bright and comfortable hotel. The bed linen was very soft and felt luxurious.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Very poor that guests have to pay parking charges.

Staff pleasant and helpful. Spacios. Room comfortable and quiet. Good breakfast. Pool and fitness centre were very good.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Found the room to warm even with the air conditioning, but I like a freezing room so not there fault.

The staff were brilliant and hotel in general was great.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The bed was very uncomfortable (Hard) A shame to discover a charge for customer parking (again) we feel that the room fee should cover this and customers pay enough! From now on we will only select hotels with free parking. The restaurant staff were unhappy and seemed confused and flustered, they didn't smile or welcome us and our orders arrived at different times. We think that the managers were part of the problem and there was clearly an atmosphere which we noticed!!! Not what we expect from the Hilton brand.

The location and front desk staff very good, good breakfast

• Deluxe Queen Room Plus

I had to pay for parking. I've never had to do this in a hotel, ever. They added a service charge to my dinner bill, and then suggested a tip, and I had to pay for WiFi. The room wasn't cheap. parking and Wifi I would expect to be included. I do not appreciate service charges added to me bill automatically

The room was nice.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

paying for parking which had we not been a resident would have been extortionate when attending the wedding we went to and I believe this put people off attending the venue.

the décor the food at the wedding we went to there very relaxing

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Not enough disabled parking especially when taken up by cars not displaying the blue badge

breakfast self service so no waiting for order to be taken & served good selection of choice & plenty of seating. Changed to an accessible room when speaking to them prior to visit Friendly helpful staff going that little extra to help & be accommodating

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Everything was just perfect!

Overall comfort of the room-spacious,spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable. Bottled water in the room-fluffy towels in the bathroom (and robes). Staff very polite and extremely helpful. I had to leave for an early flight and they packed up for me a gluten free breakfast with lots of fresh fruit!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Booked a double, was allocated a twin it was 10pm and I was too tired to argue about it but really some of the booking fee should have been refunded

Convenient location