Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Luton North 4 stars

Hitchin Road, Luton, LU2 8DL, United Kingdom

#7 of 18 hotels in Luton

• 2 Twin Beds

absoulutely horrible and unreliable staff. stayed in October had our stuff stolen by housekeeping and this time around got a smoking charge when me nor my partner smoke! they even had made up photos. never again! spoke to manager Petra. very rude.

spacious rooms tidy nice location.

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

The hotel was brilliant better than many 5stars I have stayed at. They even had a microwave room and washer and dryer free of charge. Iron and ironing board in the room air conditioning a fridge you could put your own things in and a shop on the ground floor. All the staff were amazing and a special thank you to Abbie at reception is terrific. We actually extended our stay by 7days as we were so impressed.

• Queen Room

Nothing, the hotel was great!

Great hotel! I absolutely love the self checkout convenience store located on the ground floor and the gym was fantastic, so well equipped.

• Queen Room

We booked dinner on Sunday evening for 7.30, sat down at 7.15 didn’t get our food until 9pm and then one of the meals had been missed. The food was expensive and very basic and small portions.

Very good location for the pool which we were attending for a swimming gala.

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

Wedding parties on two of our three nights stay. Made the hotel too busy and noisy for other paying guests. Service in the restaurant was VERY slow. Food very average for the price. Noise from wedding guests returning to their rooms throughout the night was unacceptable! Hotel knew they had swimmers and wedding guests booked. They should have kept them on separate floors!

The hotel was well situated for the swimming pool where my daughter was competing. The room was pleasant and comfortable and most of the staff were friendly and helpful. However one waiter was extremely rude to my daughter and I to the point we walked out.

• Queen Room

Restaurant once again closing early despite many guests trying to get a table for dinner Staff better than my last 2 visits Room not very clean

Location for Airport

• Queen Room

It was extremely hot the AC was not working properly, we were told by a staff member that it was like that in all rooms however the room which was originally for us was given to someone else without informing us so we got to the room and someone else had already moved in. Plus the guy who had moved into that room told us his room was too hot hence why they moved him, they should have double checked & informed us before hand. Also the first morning, their house keeper had come into the room without knocking & we were still in bed.

The service was good, the bed was comfy so was the sofa :) loved the outdoor area! The people were nice :) I would defo come again.

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

Unfortunately our room was facing the sun for about half a day, which meant that even with the curtains covering the windows, it got really warm. And the AC system wasn't up to the job.

The staff were really nice and friendly, room was clean and food was really tasty. The location was relaxing and quiet.

• Queen Room

No room service on Sunday we had to ask for this to be done, the outside area was not cleaned up for the 2 days that we stayed, some had broken a coffee mug which was left on the paved area, plus no ashtrays so lots of cigarette ends on the floor .

• Queen Room

Paying for parking think this should have been included. Not enough tea bags etc in the room .

Staff were very helpful nothing was too much trouble. Spotlessly clean location was good beds were comfy

• 2 Twin Beds

Lovely hotel, fantastic welcome by Abbie on reception and she checked me and my friend joe in with great ease and efficiency. Top marks to Abbie, I believe a promotion is required.

• Queen Room

Refused help with luggage find that shocking especially cause I’m heavily pregnant, music blaring all night couldn’t sleep. Toilet in the room was leaking water all night very loudly.

• 2 Twin Beds

Our room backed on to the main road which was a little noisy.

Check in was ok as they were also dealing with a massive group who were attending a wedding reception. They coped very well.

• 2 Twin Beds

The reception staff really need to improve customer service. They are not very friendly and don’t provide standard information that one comes to expect in the Hilton. It’s very much a one night hotel.

The hotel is on the edge of Luton, so is nice and quiet. The rooms are comfortable and have good beds.

• 2 Twin Beds

No heating in all rooms even that outside was around 5 degrees (C), for the entire period (two nights) spent there. Only cold water in the bathroom. Unfair communication from the staff related the facility issue.

• Queen Room

I would recommend the rooms to be more updated I.e USB cables to charge phones. A button to say do not disturb instead of a door handle sign it's very outdated , other then that great stay. Only problem is that the kettle needs dusting it hadn't been touched. The towels had some stains so we got it cleaned again so that there was new towels. And the heating and conditioning is a nightmare. Overall I would stay again if the rooms were thoroughly cleaned not half hearted

Customers service was fantastic.

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

There was no hot water at all in the Hotel & i wasnt informed prior to checking in or during check in so had no opportuntity to change hotels bookings. When i highlighted this i was offered no discount for my inconvenience & told i would receive Hilton Honours points - i scheme i do not subscribe to.

The hotel was clean with a good bar area.

Check in - awful and totally disorganised

I had booked three rooms months ago via booking.com and had added names to each of the rooms thinking that this would make check in easy - but we must have been stuck at check in for 25mins + as they booking had been incorrectly put into the system under someone elses name and address. The staff were not very apologetic and seemed non plus about the fact that such an error had been made - put me off going again. At the same time whilst booking in another guest was seemingly having a similar expereience and was at check in almost as long as we were!1! dreadful.

• Queen Room

Confusion between booking.com genius free parking offer but hotel not a genius hotel. Problem more with booking. Com itself

Particularly impressed by the standard of food in the restaurant

• 2 Twin Beds

Very clean great beds and pillows nice shower and facilities good breakfast altogether good experience I have 300 days a year in Hotels pleasantely surprised

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

The room had cracks all 9ver the ceiling. The bathroom had not water I was left with a stinky toilet and I couldn't even shower for work as I was traveling for work. I was so annoyed and they did nothing for me in return to ensure my stay to be worth the money I paid. I've stayed here before and had similar issues with staff and service but this was out of order

• Queen Room

The food in the restaurant was poor. A long wait for my evening meal. Which was just average. In the morning I was at breakfast at 7am and the bacon was Luke warm and tough, scrambled eggs hardly warm and tasted sweet.. I couldn’t eat it. As I had been told at 6:50 that breakfast didn’t start till 7 I thought it would be hot. I really didn’t enjoy either of the meals I had in this restaurant

The room was clean and comfortable

• Queen Room

Not enough coffee in the room. Not much choice on evening meal menu. Meal was expensive for what it was. Didn’t realise there was a parking charge.

Good clean room . Comfy bed.

All was good but the restaurant of the hotel which was very average food for high price.

Nice and comfortable room. Very nice bathroom. Free parking place around the hotel. Staff is friendly and helpful. Bed is comfortable.

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

Some staff abrupt not over friendly. We stayed to attend a family funeral very sad circumstances your hotel only seems interested in business clients.

• Queen Room

Not consistent. StayEd over 23 and 24 dec and had a great experience. Free water for the room. This time no water...told had to pay for it. Bathroom had a drain smell to it but overall clean Think as classes as 4* when searching, a biscuit with the compliment tea and coffee would be lovely

Easy to get to. Clean Valid for k Money Comfy bed Nice staff

• Queen Room

Only downside was breakfast was not included and was £15 each, although you could help yourself as much as you could I feel like breakfast should have been included within the room price

Beautiful hotel with very friendly staff who attended to our every need, great food in the restaurant

• Queen Room

The heating in the body of the hotel, especially in the lobby, bar, and dining room, was unable to maintain a comfortable temperature. Granted, it was freezing outside, but that's no excuse. The hotel isn't in walking distance of anywhere, so guests are likely to arrive by car. To charge £5 per night for parking is therefore nothing but a money-spinner, given the huge amount of parking space surrounding the place. This is a new development. When I was here last, parking was free, or built into the room price, as it should be. We were meeting family and friends there for "Tea". While the presentation was good, the quality was poor (cheese & pickle?) and quantity miserly. Given the premium pricing, I was very disappointed.

A well trained staff runs the hotel efficiently, but despite some nice touches (like the modern open-flame fire in the lobby) the overall impression is cold and clinical. All staff members we met seemed to care about their work, and did their best to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Ice machines by the lifts on each floor, and an ice bucket in every room, is a welcome and thoughtful bonus. The bedroom was a good size, clean, and comfortable.

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

The room booked was advertised as having a bath and separate shower - we were told after we complained yesterday that there were only 2 feature rooms with this. In addition the bed is not queen-size as advertised. Misleading information on the booking and from the hotel.

• Queen Room

Nothing. Cannot fault it.

The room and facilities were excellent. The staff were amazing , very welcoming and a pleasure to deal with. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to all, if flying out of Luton.

• Queen Room

The girl at the reception was not very welcomy and not very helpful , a bit bored and tired We checked in on the 24th of December between 1:00-2:00 pm

Very quiet and cosy, clean , good size room

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

The fact that I had booked that I had two children with me and I was told by the staff next time I needed to inform the hotel about the children so our room wasn’t set up or ready

• Queen Room

The bed a bit squicky when making love There were tiny bottles for cream wash that was not enough for even a single person when we booked for 2 people.

Spacious rooms

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

If I wanted to be penickity I would say the duvet was thin and in December a thicker more cosy alternative would have been welcomed, but it's not a necessity!

The staff were exceptional, we have two young children they were very accommodating for them and even supplied my daughter with a colouring book and crayons over breakfast unprompted which was a nice touch. The hotel is very clean and the rooms sizable. We would say the hotel suits multiple needs, it suited us as a family of four but it was also a great hotel for businessmen or people who needed to be close but not on top of the airport. Nothing was too much trouble for them and was worth the money.

• 2 Twin Beds

I have no negative comments stay was superb really enjoyed our visit.will definitely stay at the hotel

Welcoming staff,clean and comfortable room.excellent breakfast and evening meal

• Queen Room

Very noisy was told we were put in a quiet room away from the Xmas partying only to be put in a room directly overelated the smoking outside area very noisy.

All ok

• Queen Room

I had requested to have rose petals but that was not done despite me calling the hotel and even writing on my booking request as I booked.

breakfast was good

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

I booked 2 rooms at the Luton Hilton, one for my husband and I and a second one for my daughter. We arrived separately and checked in at different times. Despite pre-paying for the 2 rooms in advance on my credit card, my daughter was asked for a debit card to cover additional purchases. A pending payment of £150 has now been taken from her account, causing an overdraft and problems with her bank. According to the hotel this will take up to 5 days to clear. I was not asked for my card when I checked in and I have never had a pending payment taken from my account at any other hotel. This payment is not mentioned on their website. My complaint was listened to but has not yet been resolved.

The hotel is ok for a one night stay. They quickly booked a taxi for us.

• 2 Twin Beds

A very convenient location. We did not know the area. The hotel was easy to find. Staff were excellent. Friendly, helpful, competent. Our room was comfortable, quiet and spacious. Good food with excellent service.

• Queen Room

Don’t expect to pay for parking that I’m staying at. The only hotel I’ve had to pay at so won’t be staying there or at any other Hilton hotels in future! Drinks are also stupidly expensive!

Nice size room.

• 2 Twin Beds

Didn’t like how there want to charge u for the parking and they gave me 2 sapret bed so I want dauble but they say I have to pay more which bit annoying

• 2 Twin Beds

A bit too far from the airport - about 15 minutes drive by taxi. Common spaces are a bit too warn out. I would not choose it as an airport hotel next time, because it is still too far away. However, the dinner was excellent and it absolutely met my expectations. Compliments to the chef!

Very good restaurant! I did not expect the food to be so nice!

• Queen Room

The restaurant food was poor. The starter was sent back (tortillas) contents of spice jar tipped over. The pizza wasn't great for the price.

Beds were great, very spacious

• Queen Room

Staff manage very rude. Asked for special requirements for neither ....I had the receptionist come upstairs to help change the covers almost as if their wasn't any staff working except her. The rooms were very cold and the air con wasn't on. Flybe food chips were so crispy that I couldn't eat them ruined my appetite. And pay for parking was rediculous. I booked a £69 room on booking l.com and in total had to pay extra £25 for 15m early check in and I had to pay £5 for my parking. In total £100 pounds was used .. I could of got better service and a better room else where for that much and I am a regular at this hotel . Very poor. I won't be using them again.it should be buried next door to them where it's a graveyard

I liked the comfort ability of the room.

• Queen Room

The only criticism I have is that our room was very close to the adjacent dual carriageway which made it quite noisy despite the double glazing. The desk staff were lovely though & gave us a discount off our room to reflect this.

The rooms were lovely, the facilities excellent, breakfast was great & I especially liked the take out coffee cups which are a great idea.

• Queen Room

Larrissa and Maria were extremely helpful with my requests as this was a surprise. They were accommodating and help and did everything with a smile. Customer service was on point. Thank you ladies.

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

The food ordered from the room service menu was absolutely disgusting. The hotel smelt like drains downstairs and the bed was really uncomfortable

The staff were helpful and friendly

• Queen Room

Free car parking was challenged by reception saying that Booking.com made an error. They still took it off the bill. Limited tea and coffee facilities and no water.

Easy parking

A bit pricey.

A little bit of luxury on a conference weekend. Great to have a fitness studio. The breakfast and evening meals had a really good selection.

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

Terrible shower room. Basin sink was blocked. Receptionist told us there was no staff on site to prepare another family room for us. Struggled to even brush our teeth. As bathroom was a wet room the shower floor was not draining well and spreading water to other parts of the bathroom. Receptionist told us on arrival she couldn't find our booking and she hates booking.com. She however later found the booking. It was bad. However room service staff were very helpful and receptionist on departure was polite. Service at breakfast time was 'none existent.' Paid for parking that belongs to the hotel.

• Queen Room

Nothing; an excellent stay and I would certainly recommend to others

Polite, attentive staff, very comfortable accommodation with an excellent breakfast. I was excused the overnight parking charge as my provider had suggested free parking

• Queen Room

The bed was too hard for my wife and I. I’ve stayed in many hotels and it was like a plank. If you like a firm bed, you’ll love it. Breakfast was not included and was £15 each, so we skipped it. That’s too much for a breakfast in my opinion.

The location was very convenient and cleanliness was very good.

• Queen Room

Few things were missing like TV remote few time called reception to get other stuffs were missing. Reception staff could’ve been bit more friendly with nice smile.

We stayed one night, nice hotel and room is clean and big good space for family.

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

Hotel room wasn't working, which was stressful as had bad ancle, also room was very cold my children slept same bed with us, Manager was notified he was very helpful but the room did not get warmer.

Breakfast, and polite staff.

• 2 Twin Beds

Extremely boring hotel in decor of both public rooms and bedrooms. Lots of magnolia, few pictures and no touches of personal comfort.

Provided satisfactory overnight accomodation. Breakfast fine. Useful location.

• 2 Twin Beds

£5 to park your car overnight.

Comfortable, clean room, with all facilities. Very comfortable bed and quiet room so good night's sleep. Good value breakfast worth paying extra.

• Queen Room

The sheets were not clean, and the cups were broken to the point where they didn't hold water. The stay was fairly poor overall. Not the Hilton I expected.

• Queen Room

The staff, although very friendly and willing, could have been better informed (reception) or better in touch with their customers (restaurant). The waiting staff in the restaurant did not seem to know who had ordered which meal, and repeatedly attempted to deliver the food to the wrong customer . Likewise, when i went to pay, they gave me someone else's bill.

Lovely reception area. Helpful staff. Nice spacious room. Lovely shower products. Good food. Very convenient for the location i needed.

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

The beds for the children were not ready. Tried to call housekeeping several times & there were no answers. Our rooms were located above some hall, there were screamings & loud noise. We couldn't sleep til the wee hours. It was a night mare to drive back the next day. There were not enough tea, sugar and toiletries in the bathroom. I would not return.

The room size was nice. Our rooms are kept close together. Very close to the elevator.

• 2 Twin Beds

I'm not a regular business traveller and sometimes staff assumed that I had stayed before when actually I hadn't a clue how to go about breakfast!

Very clean and comfortable room. The restaurant staff were extremely friendly and amenable, they deserve high praise from management.

• 2 Twin Beds

Excellent accommodation, lots of choices for buffet-style breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff throughout the hotel. Third stay there, will return again!

• Queen Room

The bed was a little creaky and the aircon is rather loud.

The food was very good and reasonably priced, as were the drinks. All the staff were friendly and helpful and the room was spacious and comfortable.

• Queen Room

You now to pay for parking your car £10 a day. when staying previously we would just pay for a night in hotel & just leave our car for a week... also Hotel use to provide a courtesy bus to the airport only £3 now to pay £19 for a taxi & also get back to get back to pick your car up !!!! so it's no longer a cheap option to stay the night before after paying hotel parking,dinner, drinks , & Cabs ... I've previously stayed in the past 3 -4 times ... this was my last time 👎🏻

Nice clean cosy hotel

The rooms are not that great, beds were not comfortable, shower facilities are very basic.

I was quite dissapointed, it definitely didn't feel like a 4* hotel.

• 2 Twin Beds

Dining room and kitchen closed at 10pm. Only cold food on sale, we had to pay car parking which I never have had to do.

Staff really well trained, traveled with a 10 month old baby we were really well looked after.

We booked specifically to have rooms next to each other or interconnecting rooms and messaged the property via booking.com We arrived and they had none available. The receptionist said that they don't receive the messages from booking.com, this needs to be resolved. Very limited drinks menu, they had to refund our initial choice because the drinks weren't available.

Good location, nice patio area for drinks, good sized and clean rooms.

• 2 Twin Beds

had to pay £5.00 for my friend who dropped me off to park, thoughts was not good as i had paid £111 for the room plus we spent £45.00 in the restaurant . lighting in the room was not very good

lovely meal in hotel. nice room.

• 2 Twin Beds

We are used to biscuits in our room with our coffee/tea. Also hot chocolate. Missing shower cap.

The breakfast was good and when I asked for says milk they immediately got me some

• Queen Room

We had to move rooms 3 times due to being on the noisy ground floor, then noisy generator. We moved into our third room which then had a fault with its toilet. Disappointed as would expect better from a hilton. Having said that the staff were really good and dealt with the situation really well and professionally and we appreciated that.

Staff were really helpful and professional and got issues sorted quickly. Rooms are big with a good sized bed. Nice sitting area downstairs and little area to buy snacks which is good. Hotel is near the airport -only 4 minute drive away.

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

Only thing that could have made it better was free shuttle to the airport- BTW- another couple arrived and they were supposed to be at a different Hilton and the staff was just as gracious to find them transportation to the correct hotel.

the staff was AMAZING- I mistakenly booked the wrong night- he says it happens often but he may just have been trying not to make me feel bad- we were traveling with our whole family, including 2 college age children so we absolutely needed a family room which are limited. Somehow he found us one- at about 12:30 in the morning! I don't know how he did it. He also was kind enough to honor the booking.com price, book us a taxi that took credit cards for the morning drive to Luton airport. The facility was simple, clean, comfortable, and friendly staff. it was late and we left early (7 am flight, so we left at 5:15) so we didn't really check out the place but were grateful for a comfortable night stay with a kind and gracious host! PS: note that if you are flying out of Luton in the early morning, it was INCREDIBLY crowded! I have never seen that many people at any airport that early! Plan accordingly. (we had plenty of time- but wouldn't have cut it any shorter)

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

Everything in the room was fine although the ironing table was broken. This is something I expect to be checked before hand especially for a hotel of the calibre of the Hilton and at the price they charge.

The food was ok not exactly Michelin star, breakfast there wasn't enough options for people who don't eat pork.

• 2 Twin Beds

The food was expensive and poorly cooked, I ordered fish and chips the fish was small and poor value, potatoes are cheap but there were no more than a dozen tepid chips. I ordered a pint of Stella which was warm and tasted stale, pipes and pumps need cleaning maybe. Staff inattentive and in true British style stood in a group enjoying jokes and general fun instead of checking on customers needs and cleaning tables, poor supervision?

Not much room was okay, check in acceptable

• 1 Queen Bed Family Room

Parking was paid, 5GBP for 12 hours. Rooms have no style, in need for an upgrade, same for the bathroom. Quality of food in the restaurant mediocre at best. We had a family room with a sofa which was not comfortable. Also size of the room was rather small for a family room. Overall poor value for money.

Close to Luton airport, this was the reason for our stay. Average hotel, nothing remarkable about it, we were expecting more from a Hilton hotel. Toiletries were good quality.

• Queen Room

The garden was shabby and very messy ,it was just a smoking yard .. The breakfast buffet was barely warm , parking was additional even though you were staying there.

Rooms were excellent , and the restaurant was very good.Staff were friendly and helpful.Cleanliness in rooms and corridors really good.

• 2 Twin Beds

Breakfast presentation and service of hot buffet needs to be streamlined. A number of people were waiting in excess of 10 minutes for omelettes.

The room was clean and well presented