Reviews of Hilton Leeds City 4 stars

Neville Street, Leeds, LS1 4BX, United Kingdom

#29 of 45 hotels in Leeds

Expensive Mid-range standard hotel with nice breakfast and location.
    • Twin Hilton Deluxe Room

Hotel was unclean (Pieces of old pizza on the floor in the our room, dirty swimming pool area... etc.) The Room was ready for us after 4 pm not 3 pm like it should be. We had to wait an hour for room to be ready but hotel night started from 3 pm till 12 am. The room service did not have any food when we called them at just around midnight but the website says they offer 24h service with food and drinks too.

Nice breakfast and very good location

Central and clean by not the standard I was expecting.

The bed creaked with the slightest movement so I didn't sleep well. The room was clean but a little jaded. The swimming pool and spa were cold, the chlorine was overpowering and the changing rooms were dirty.

Very central location. Staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.

better hotels out there

Very expensive for the hotel standards. I visit Leeds often and i thought i would pay a little extra and stay in a well established hotel. Felt very budget when arrived at hotel. Room was tiny and lighting was awful. Would not stay here again in Leeds. when room was cleaned no towels left had to ask maids.

Location and Bathroom

Poor. I will not be returning.
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

Very slow elevators, noisy air con, only one bathrobe for 2 guests, un-vacuumed carpet, sticky windows, bathroom speaker did not work.

Reception staff excellent. Friendly, welcoming, knowledgeable and professional.

" Happy Hilton Guests" 😊😊😊

nothing all fab!!!

Fab hotel!! Great facilities, perfect room in catering for three adults. Very impressed with all the hotel had to offer ...will definately stay again!!! 10 out of 10!!!!

Location was perfect, price was good, staff where friendly.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The pool area, sauna, steam had a very bad smell. It was old tired and dated. The bed in my room was very hard and noisy. The entrance was an eye sore.

Location was perfect, price was good, staff where friendly. Junior on reception was very helpful and very pleasant.

It was convenient, the room was spacious, good wifi, iron...
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

Smell of drains in the bathroom, no shower cap, soggy hash browns and queue for coffee machine at breakfast

It was convenient, the room was spacious, good wifi, iron and board in room

Poor

We always stay in Hilton hotels as we always feel they are good. This one did not reach standards at all. The hotel reception when came in was untidy glasses papers empty plates left on tables. Room bed creaked terribly when turning pver. Towels had seen better days. Hot food at breakfast wasn't good.

We always stay in Hilton hotels as we always feel they are good. This one did not reach standards at all. The hotel reception when came in was untidy glasses papers empty plates left on tables. Room bed creaked terribly when turning pver. Towels had seem better days. Hot good at breakfast easnt good.

The location was great and it was just overall a great...
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Staff weren’t always the best to ask questions too!

The location was great and it was just overall a great experience for the price we paid! Would totally recommend and will be back

Good rooms with everything you need although WiFi is...
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Not happy that there was a charge for parking. Parking is advertised as available but no mention of the £15 a day charge.

Good rooms with everything you need although WiFi is expensive. Swimming pool & other facilities were fab.

It was a good location quite close to all shopping areas .
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

It was a good location quite close to all shopping areas . They were really nice to upgrade us to a bigger room. Their breakfast was not nice. Rooms were not clean .

it is not the hilton standard that we are used to see in uk...
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

it is not the hilton standard that we are used to see in uk and around the world. not in cleanness nor in comfort.

The location was perfect for us.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

There was nothing we didn't like about this hotel.

The location was perfect for us. The hotel was brilliant with lots of facilities on offer,very clean and the staff welcoming and friendly.

Hilton do something about the double beds!
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Bed was old and creaky, each time one of us moved it would make a noise and hence had a broken & restless sleep that night. Also it was hot weather and although the pool and sauna facilities were good the smell of raw sewage and drains was off putting.

Location is fabulous, 2 minutes walk to train station, staff were attentive and great sauna and indoor pool.

Nice hotel
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Didnt serve bacardi in the bar so asked for pina colda and told no ingredients so we cudnt have a drink there v disapointed for a hotel

Location, room was lovely breakfast lovely

The air con in the room was non existent which resulted us...
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The air con in the room was non existent which resulted us to opening a window that only opened about 5 inches!! Too hot all night! Water in the shower was very temperamental and lacked power

Over night stay at the hilton
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Room was basic. Too warm during the night and too noisy with the window open. I should have mentioned it at the time as I now know the staff would have been very accommodating. Didn't really realise how little sleep I'd got until the next morning when I awake very tired.

The staff. Made us feel very welcome and valued. Complimentary drinks at the start if our visit, due to me sounding a little stressed during a telephone call to say we were struggling to locate the car park. Complimentary drinks and bottled water in our room when we mentioned the poor nights sleep and the car park fee was also quashed too, as a good will gesture.

Weekend stay
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The rooms were dated and the bed was extremely uncomfortable, the room didnt appear to have been cleaned properly, there was hairs all over the dressing table and bathroom area. Parking was expensive.

The location was great, staff friendly, nice lobby area,

Very relaxing, clean and comfortable
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Handy to have it's own car park in the centre of Leeds but beware of very tight turning in larger cars.

Very comfortable beds. Sadly couldn't stay to have breakfast.

Clean, food facilities
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

Paid 140 for a room FOR ONE NIGHT (not worth the money) then they had the decency to charge me 15 for parking my car, in the TINIEST little car park.

Clean, food facilities

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Very disappointed and will not choose Hilton again. My bed (and other customers beds) were very creaky. Turning over in bed woke me up. No complimentary biscuits, only 4 milks for a double room. Skimping on the basics expected in any hotel.

The pool is the reason I booked a more expensive hotel. It is great.

The staff were lovely and the room a good size, the spa...
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Sadly the bed and pillows were extremely hard and any slight movement made the whole bed creek very loudly

The staff were lovely and the room a good size, the spa facilities were a good addition to our stay. We were very surprised by the lack of noise

Comfortable And modern, welcoming
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Just took a long time to get towels to my room, so didn’t want to risk getting food in the morning as I thought it would take long to get

All of it was lovely the staff were really good.

Awful

The fact it was ridiculously noisy all night could hear everything in other rooms down corridors etc. No blackout curtain that came all the way across meaning it was like by 4.30am.

Car parking charges felt disproportionate (£15 for one...
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Car parking charges felt disproportionate (£15 for one night) and bad experience with Restaurant Host. Essentially, on checking I was advised last orders for the restaurant was 21:30. Signage at the restaurant said it closed at 21:30, yet when I arrived at 21:03 I was told that the signage was wrong and the FoH staff were misinformed and that the restaurant actually closed at 21:00!

Another old tired Hilton well past its prime.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Reception on 3rd floor is a bind. Rooms very tired, too many things not working properly or not quite right. Outside noisy and outlook poor. Looks nothing like the greeting info on the room tv.

Location is reasonably good as close to station. Public areas seem ok too.

A very pleasant stay after an initial glitch.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Some staff were not properly trained so one particular person was not initially polite but this changed- probably because I was with a friend who was a regular Hilton client. I don't use my Hilton membership for this reason- staff at the Doubletree sites can be quite rude probably because it is the lower end of the market. I therefore usually stay at boutique hotels were courtesy is guaranteed. Another member gave us the wrong information - we were expecting a guest and were told they would be sent up to our rooms. However, this wa not possible as a room card was needed to operate the lift- if she had told us earlier we would have waited in the reception area for the guest.

The bed was comfortable and the room facilities were good.It was good to have an iron as part of the facilities and the staff were very helpful after an initial problem.

An enjoyable break..great location for bars and restaurants
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

I booked a deluxe room with it being a special occasion. I think there was supposed to be robes and slippers but only slippers. The bed creaked with your every move so wasn't a restful night. Not a very good view either.

The room was really nice and clean. A little gift for our wedding anniversary was a nice touch. The breakfast was lovely and the dining room and staff really impressive.

The staff were extra lovely and helpful and couldn't do...
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

I just think that the hotel it's self was kind of grubby and have paid much cheaper for much better hotel with it being the Hilton I did expect something amazing but it was ok I wouldn't slate the hotel it just didn't wow me and was no more fancy than a travelodge or cheap basic hotel.things like all the windows of the hotel were filthy and the lifts were broken.i just expected more to be honest.

The staff were extra lovely and helpful and couldn't do enough for you

Location and bar area
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

No air conditioning over 2 nights told reception but they sad it was working but in the room for 2 nights it was very warm and uncomfortable.

Location and bar area

Great hotel. Receptionists are clueless.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

They double charged me when checking out. Even though i had explained to two seperate receptionists that i had already paid. I had the trouble of ringing them and I am still waiting for my refund.

Excellent location and food.

On the whole, the hotel experiance was fine. Value for money let down by a couple items.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Having to pay for parking. The steam room was out of action because the roof had fallen down. Very disappointed to learn that smoked salmon was not on the menu at breakfast.

The room prepared by Claire. The staff generally. Access to the gym, the pool and the health suite. The complimentary newspaper. The rhubarb juice.

Excellent location and value for money
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

No water in the rooms. Bathroom was soo small. Tried to get room service but no one was answering. Funny smell in the rooms, we even heard other guests saying the same thing the next morning, almost like cigeratte smoke being pumped into the room!

Excellent location. good value for money.

Disappointing - not worth the money
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Breakfast was disappointing. No plain yoghurt, cheapest sausages you've ever seen, hard eggs. Bed was not comfortable and the pillows too thick, so didn't sleep well. Only one lift available, spent ages waiting for it, then when you did get in it, it stopped at floors in a random manner! I live the health club but it was grubby this stay. Overall disappointed.

The location was perfect.

Lovely hotel and staff, really good value for money and...
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

There was only one negative thing about our stay which was the bed. It was uncomfortable and noisy. I mean if you rolled over the bed really creaked!!

Lovely hotel and staff, really good value for money and breakfast was lovely too.

Very poor stay.

We went for my birthday my sister got in her bed and there was poo all over the sheets from the last person that stayed. There was a swimming lesson in the pool what we wasn’t warned about and the sauna was not in use and we was not warned about this until the morning. Not a great experience

Made an effort for my birthday for example a free drink and a bun in my room

Average
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The fact I had to pay for parking and this wasn’t highlighted to me when I asked reception where I should park. It was like a greenhouse , it was very very warm

All round it wasn’t bad

The food is excellent, the personel is friendly - very...
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The smell at the entrance of the building

The food is excellent, the personel is friendly - very professional - listen and respond to your quiery. Perfect location, near the city center and restaurants. I highly recommend.

Top quality service
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

I would like the parking to have been a little cheaper.

All staff are friendly and professional. The hotel has a warm atmosphere and the food is top notch.

A positive experience overall

No negatives

We visited for Leeds uni open day. We were dependent on the car to travel to Leeds & the hotel was ideally placed for the stay & for a 20 minute exploratory walk to the university.

Convenient, clean and comfortable.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

I'm not a great fan of coffee out of a machine. I would have preferred it if one of the staff had brought me a cafetiere of freshly- made coffee when I sat down to breakfast.

The hotel is very conveniently situated, being very close to the railway station. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. There was a large and varied breakfast buffet.

Fantastic! I’d recommend this for a city break.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The rooms are a little dated, as it the rest of the hotel compared to other Hilton hotels. The so-called ‘new’ roof top bar also looked very dated too, carpets & seating was very 80s (and not in a good way). Cocktails were more expensive than London....

Great breakfast, comfortable bed and friendly staff. It’s right in the centre and within walking distance of most things. The gym and swimming pool were also fab!

Very warm and friendly hotel
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Car park was very tight getting round beware if u have a large car ie people carrier

Excellent service and rooms very clean; rooms also have ironing facilities and hair dryer

Great location in good area for city and restaurants.
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

There as no parking available for £15 at the hotel and the recommended Q park nearby was £23!!! Struggled to get room cool.

Bed very comfortable, great location.

Excelent location and friendly staff
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Didn't have place to park my car while checkin. Breakfast price not cheap

Super quick and easy check-in and check-out. Room was clean and is comfortable. Didn't have parking for my car, but receptionist gave me a discount voucher for the city parking.

Convenience in the city centre.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The steam room didn’t work and the cleanliness was poor in the pool room.

Convenience in the city centre. The room was clean and had everything we needed.

Great location for a leisure break with a great breakfast.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The escalator to the reception area was not in use. The bed in room 603 was noisy and a bit soft.

Excellent location for the City Centre. Great breakfast with plenty of choice and caters well for a gluten free diet.

Will definitely return
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

Leisure facilities were a little disappointing. Expected them to be cleaner

Staff are fantastic. Comfy rooms very spacious. The breakfast was absolutely amazing

Overall my stay was pretty good and I would definetly stay here again
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

I think it was a bit outdated to other Hilton’s I have visited and the view from the window wasn’t very nice .

The location was great , the rooms were clean . The food was amazing!

Location to the city centre and that it has a car park.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The car park access on all levels is very tight. I have a BMW 5 series and I only just managed to get in an out with approx. 25mm to spare from the wall on all exit corners. Anything larger wouldn't have been able to use the car park.

Location to the city centre and that it has a car park.

Disappointed
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

First room had smokers in previously (stank of smoke and ash tray in room) second room had beer bottles stacked up outside. Just felt like hotel hadn’t had a proper clean inbetween guests

Close to the centre, good value for money.

TLC needed!
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Our room was filthy, we had requested a bath in our room to find we had a shower and that wasn't clean either. There were no bottles of water in the room. A lot of money spent for what we felt was not worth the money. Free WiFi only available on the third and fourth floor but chargeable in the rooms?

The breakfast was lovely!

Staff were nice.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Was a satisfactory stay, but for the price and the extras I wouldn't stay at the Hilton again. They didn't even offer tea or coffee or a bottle of water in the room. Very basic and paid a lot of money.

Staff were nice.

Great location, very comfy bed!

Nothing really

The room was a good size, the bed was really comfy and the shower was a modern double headed one and looked really smart. Check in and out was very quick, staff knew the area well, so gave advice about directions. Junior booked a taxi for me which arrived within minutes to take me to the restaurant.

Would be more cautious about price next time. Hotel a little tired. And pool stank. Breakfast great.
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

It stank of pee. So disgusting was the pool that we didn’t stay long and didn’t go back. Very disappointing. We were also overcharged by booking.com by £100 for the room when there was no need to hike the price up that much. Clearly the staff were also embarrassed we had paid so much for the room. They were very kind and upgraded us free of charge. Poor Booking.con! Staff were fab!!! Noisy room and too hot

It stank of pee. So disgusting was the pool that we didn’t stay long and didn’t go back. Very disappointing. We were also overcharged by booking.com by £100 for the room when there was no need to hike the price up that much. Clearly the staff were also embarrassed we had paid so much for the room. They were very kind and upgraded us free of charge. Poor Booking.con! Breakfast great.

Departed The Hilton of Leeds tired aching and dissapointed

Room was advertised as with bath which was a massive and defining reason to booking this room only to find only a shower when pointed out to staff they were not helpfull and refused to find us another room with a bath also suggesting i take this up with booking.com Bed was creaky hard and uncomfortable and as a result led to only two or three hours sleep everything about the hilton seemed dated also the fact the previous occupants dirty dishes etc were still outside the door upon my arrival shown a complete lack of hospitality and house keeping . The shower was a bodge job in regards to the broken rainfall shower head was replaced with a patched in regular bargain shop replacement with little reguard or attemt to repair or remove faulty item very shoddy especially for a establishment with such a name as The Hilton i would have and could have found better digs yes digs for a fraction of the price elsewhere.

Breakfast was good

• Double Hilton Guestroom

There was a small red stain on one of our pillows which I found a bit odd but that's all

Loved the friendliness of the staff and how easy they made the stay

The location is good, the room was clean and staff where...
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The swimming pool needs a little tidy just felt dirty and had a funny smell. The room is a little small for a Hilton expected a little more

The location is good, the room was clean and staff where helpful and friendly.

Only 5 minutes from the centre.
    • King Suite

The hotel it self was nice but our suite was extremely dusty, dirty bath and toilet with toothpaste still on the sink. The bath leaked when empted making the bathroom floor dirty and slippery. As for the thick white dust everywhere I think the problem was the air conditioning and we had to turn it off and open the windows to cool the room down and the dust was just blowing around with the air con. The cleaners did come and clean the bath straight away when we checked in to remove the soap scum and bubbles which was left. Not sure if we would stay again we only ever get chance to go away as a couple maybe twice a year due to having children with disabilities so it certainly wasn't the relaxing stay we had planned.

Only 5 minutes from the centre. Lovely breakfast with plenty of choice.

We upgraded our room on both nights but the springs on the...

We upgraded our room on both nights but the springs on the bed were broken which made for a very uncomfortable nights sleep. Whenever my partner or I turned over in bed it was extremely noisy. I had broken sleep I had severe back pain in the morning. The pillows were very hard too. We are back in a few weeks, we won't be upgrading but I hope we have a better experience as we have before at this hotel. Apart from this, the hotel was excellent and in a great location in the city centre

The beds were uncomfortable and loud, the shower didn’t work...
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

The beds were uncomfortable and loud, the shower didn’t work very well and the room hadn’t been cleaned properly as there was a fag end in my bedroom below the window.

Great location, close to Granary Wharf, good facilities and...

The exterior is dirty and dated, lot of dodgy people hanging around?

Great location, close to Granary Wharf, good facilities and very friendly and helpful staff.

Fantastic, comfy and ideal location
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Car park not easiest to park in extremely tight bends! But it’s very close to train station so not a huge issue as would use the train next time!

Comfort, cleanliness and modernness of the rooms were outstanding! The location was ideal! We booked breakfast on arrival which we were all very happy with the choice and quality of the food! We shall definitely be returning!

Average room
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Bed was very uncomfortable, creeled all night, room was dated and curtains looked yellow... noise was really bad as must of been works on the area causing the noise however hotel said it was out of their hands.. also staff were pretty dull not very upbeat on arrival and never offered a great service when it came to breakfast options etc. Won’t be staying again in future unfortunately.

Great location, clean room and modern bathroom with good spa facilities and great overnight security.

Staff were really nice and friendly!
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The windows were dirty and i would have prefered more light getting into the room.

Staff were really nice and friendly! Breakfast was amazing so much choice! Fresh bread and fruit and the cooked breakfast was lovely! The hotel reception and breakfast area was clean and the bathroom was spotless. We went to the pool which was open long hours and was really lovely!! Sauna and steam room too which is a bonus :) overall we had an amazing stay!! Would definitely return!

Great central location with lovely staff
    • Twin Hilton Deluxe Room

The bed was very noisy - the slightest movement, made a loud noise. Not ideal when you are sharing a twin room. Spa was in desperate need of a makeover.

Hotel was lovely, as were the staff. Nice breakfast - with a variety of choices and a chef on hand to cook eggs anyway you would like. Accommodated a late checkout as bed they could. I would stay again.

We had 4 rooms of 3 adults. 1 of the rooms had dressing gowns, slippers, bottles of water and toiletries. The other 3 rooms had nothing so I don't understand why when all rooms were the same price.

Great location, breakfast excellent. Would recommend upgrading to the suite.
    • King Suite

Could have done with a fridge in room and parking payment machines not working

The king suite was spacious and we received a complimentary bottle of wine on arrival.

Rather disappointing, apart from the bed
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The spa was small and it was unhygienic - you had to walk through the toilets to get to changing rooms. Very small sauna and steam room, though they were ok.considering this was the main reason for booking, it wasn't really worth it. It also closes quite early.

Beds were extremely comfy and the light from the lamps was relaxing

Good location.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Overwhelming smell of drains throughout hotel. Bar poorly stocked. Very limited/ basic choice of drinks. Pool disappointing. Bed noisy and uncomfortable. Hotel generally "tired" to say the least. Not great value for money.

Good location. City centre parking great. Breakfast very good.

The staff were lovely and every welcoming.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The bed was ridiculously creaky. Like ridiculously. If i even sat on the bed I reckon 3 doors down would know id sat down....

The staff were lovely and every welcoming. The hotel seemed safe with check in and arriving back late all being checked.

The dining area was very luxurious and the staff friendly...
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Only stayed 1 night so didn't see much of it, lovely welcome from the consierge and reception staff

The dining area was very luxurious and the staff friendly and very helpful

Disappointed by a hilton for first time
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

The rooms are not like rooms you would expect from hilton. Rooms are dirty. Old furniture. Uncomfortable pillows. Just an ok bathroom. The hotel seemed like an average 3 star hotel.

Breakfast and location

Great location and well situated for sifts, bars and shopping.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Lots of choice at breakfast but not great quality or very well cooked. And a coffee/tea machine? Not what you would expect from Hilton

Reception and bar staff friendly, great location

Generally a good hotel, and suited my purpose fine.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The shower curtain smelt a bit, the pillows were lumpy and walls are thin.

Perfect location, staff were friendly, nice décor in the rooms and breakfast was good with plenty of choice.

Browse Hilton Leeds City traveller photo gallery