Reviews of Hilton London Canary Wharf 4 stars

South Quay, Marsh Wall, Tower Hamlets, London, E14 9SH, United Kingdom

#91 of 977 hotels in London

The hotel was everything I needed it to be.
    • Double Guest Room

Hotel met all my needs. Carn't fault it.

Staff went above and beyond to make my stay a good one. Checked in earlier, nice surprise in a huge room. And a fantastic breakfast the following day.

all round nice hotel.
    • Double Guest Room

Nothing. The mattress felt a bit well used for my tastes but nothing to complain about

all round nice hotel. I really like the location. It's in a quiet area during the weekend with great public transport near by

The room was big, clean and the beds comfortable
    • Double Guest Room

Extremely cold in the restaurant, guests sitting in jackets, staff could not do anything about it:( Breakfast Gluten free corner was only for the first day, on Sunday nothing provided at all The restaurant staff asking us to write good words about their service...quite odd.. Quite far from the city center and very far from the Heathrow airport

The room was big, clean and the beds comfortable Not far from the underground station

Overall excellent and I would use again. Hilton fan!
    • Double Guest Room

Queue for breakfast but moved fairly quickly and staff were very helpful and friendly. Sensors in room minibar meant I was charged for things I didn’t use as I tried to accommodate my water bottle! However, once I challenged, this was refunded so be aware that if you move anything in the fridge it is interpreted as useage!

Lovely room and excellent comfort. Air conditioning was welcome and worked well in hot conditions

Arrived on Friday a few hours before actual check in just to...
    • Double Guest Room

There was nothing to not like

Arrived on Friday a few hours before actual check in just to see if we could put luggage in hold, staff were so friendly and made us feel so welcome, our room was actually ready so that was a fab bonus, the room was amazing, very big, very clean and so very clean, beds and pillows were amazing too, would definitely stay here again, we didn't get to use a lot of the facilities as we were only there for weekend as my daughter had a dance and cheer competition at the 02 but it all looked fab, location was fab too right opposite train station.

Friendly staff, spacious and clean rooms, dog friendly,...
    • Double Guest Room

Only instant coffee in the room, waiting line for breakfast, no power plugs next to the bed

Friendly staff, spacious and clean rooms, dog friendly, great location

Good hotel; and good location if you want to see more than central London
    • Double Guest Room

- The Location within the Canary Wharf District - Proximity to DLR and Underground Station - All staff were helpful and positive (starting from Stefania at front desk) - Breakfast is good

Overall would go back. It was a lovely hotel with good access to transport & good facilities nearby
    • Double Guest Room

keep an eye on the mini bar - items were taken daily (not by us and we did monitor) and then they tried to bill us for it. To be fair they did remove the charges after we complained & proved it wasn't us. It wasn't very clear what you were paying and when money was being taken out for the stay - one thing said on arrival and different when we left.

Very welcoming staff on arrival and room exceeded expectations.

Comfortable rooms, good service, great location.
    • Double Guest Room

More facilities in room ie. coffee/water. Mini bar prices (as everywhere!) were extortionate.

Service was amazing. Loads of staff around all of the time and didn’t have to wait to be served at reception there was always someone available to help. Rooms were light and airy, air con was good as it was very hot the weekend we stayed so needed it on!

The breakfast was excellent.
    • Double Guest Room

We requested 2 room key cards, both of which didn't work first time of asking. The reception staff gave us two new cards immediately and still only one of those worked so we just accepted having the one! We overheard another guy having the same problem so the hotel needs to sort this out.

The breakfast was excellent.

Comfortable and enjoyable.
    • Double Deluxe Room

Extra milk for tea and coffee in the room. This was a bit sparse, but not a huge problem.

Staff were very helpful and polite. Breakfast was excellent. Had to ask for coffee at breakfast as this wasn't offered, but then came very quickly.

Made our weekend even better
    • Double Guest Room

We were made to feel so welcome and treated like anyone else there, we were going to a gig and the hotel was perfect for getting to and from London Stadium. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and we would highly recommend to anyone.

Very good breakfast, great value for money.
    • Double Guest Room

WiFi charged at £12.99 per day!! I booked 2 rooms but the rooms were on separate floors, was told I had to request to have the together!!

Clean, modern and good location. The breakfast was fantastic great choice and very nice.

A bumpy take off with a very smooth landing!
    • Double Guest Room

We had a disappointment on our checkin as we were told we had been upgraded to a deluxe room per the prior offer of an additional £45 for our 3 night stay however the room did not compare with the photo sent eg there was no 2 seater couch, no robes and no complimentary water etc. On raising our concern with the reception staff Maria quickly sorted things out by changing our room to a junior suite at the same cost. This was great and very welcomed.

We liked everything about the hotel.

Unfortunately for some reason the bathroom of the family...
    • Double Guest Room

Unfortunately for some reason the bathroom of the family room we were put in smelt quite strongly of cigarette smoke and continued to do so until check out. This wasn't good for a non smoking family room with small children. We had to ensure the bathroom door was closed at all times as the moment it opened the smell became quite strong in the bedroom.

Comfy
    • Double Guest Room

minor thing - we thought the curtains in the room were very unattractive although they were good quality.

Good size room, bed was comfy. Lots of choice at breakfast. Swan folded from a towel, easy to adjust room temperature.

Staff were really friendly and helpful.
    • Double Guest Room

Was charged £12 for an upgraded room that I had apparently requested but I was unaware of this.

Staff were really friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable.

Very convenient location, friendly staff and good comfortable clean facility.
    • Double Guest Room

Cost of drinks in bar very pricey. Also had problem that bathroom lights didn't work, however we were offered a room change.

Staff and good quality breakfast

Excellent hotel!
    • Double Guest Room

Excellent hotel, helpful staff, looked after our bags before the room was ready and when we checked out so we didn’t have to carry them around London. Breakfast was incredible, a lot to choose from!

Superb value and location.
    • Double Guest Room

The pillows were a little form, but that is being picky.

Excellent location, great shopping and eateries. 20mins by tube into central London. Fabulous hotel.

Satisfactory
    • Double Deluxe Room

Didn’t like the chair in the room 1120 most uncomfortable,but I guess very modern sati

Very good breakfast bar ,restaurant staff very helpful, all round cheerfulness

Staff at the reception were very dissapointing. In rest hotel is ok and breakfast is decent.
    • Double Guest Room

Noise above the bed for couple of minutes after closing the lights (i think the heat of the bulbs incastrated in the wood determines some strange sunds when cooling down). Subway in front of the windoes (2nd floor) but no disturbing noise from it. Bad quality for the cushions. Bad atitude for the receptionists (Laurette at least) - despite i had already paid the room in advance on booking.com and I accepted to let them112 pounds cash as waranty (as asked) they still wanted to take my card and because it was another card then the one used for the reservation on booking.com they started noting down (in their applicaton/word who knows where) exactly my digits from my creditcard.. like cloning it. Without asking me about it. Luckily i noticed and I did not alow them to finish this operation. Also at check out they insisted on getting my real email (as booking.com does not provide them our emails) and they were begging for a perfect (10!) feedback in some Hilton interneational customer feedback. Of course they said I will be enroled there without asking if i want/agree with it. Not nice atitudine, being so pushy..

Breakfast was ok, but not fabulous. Egg products (ommlette etc.) met expectations, but salads not. Drinks ok, croissants decent, but not really impressed of them or other sweets. Room was big and interaction with the receptionists strated nice as i was allowed to do the check in earlier (as my room was available already).

I would definetly return to this hotel, or even this area as it is a nice area out of the city
    • Twin Deluxe Room

this is just me but I always like a window that opens. all of the windows in this hotel stay firmly closed for safety reasons and the air condition is very good - we were there when the temps were 26 degrees

Public transport easily accessed from hotel - Jubilee Line to Green Park & the Light Rail service, you can also avail of the Thames water taxi into Westminister or the other way to lovely Greenwich. Breakfast in hotel was just super & supervisors & staff were more than helpful & most polite & professional. Hotel was nice & quiet so suitable for a good night's sleep - we were on the 8th floor Fresh coffee is excellent also

My partner and I booked this hotel for a one night stay for...
    • Double Guest Room

My partner and I booked this hotel for a one night stay for the weekend, it was easy access from Canary Wharf station, all staff were polite, the room was very clean and good value for money! Will definitely be coming back here again!

Room was lovely, very clean and staff were incredibly...
    • Twin Guest Room

Room was lovely, very clean and staff were incredibly helpful. Breakfast buffet was the best I’ve ever had in a hotel! Two minute walk from the tube station so great location as well, highly recommend

Relaxing

Pillows were too hard

It was our anniversary and they made an extra effort to make both of us feel special by arranging the room with petals and balloons.

Made my husband birthday very special with wine and cake waiting in the room when we arrived.
    • Double Guest Room

All very good could not find anything negative..

Very comfortable quiet and relaxing rooms. Bottle of wine cake and card for my husband birthday was waiting for us. Bed decorated with flower petals. Made it very special.

Overpriced without the substance to back it
    • Double Guest Room

No upgrade offered No gluten options. I find it incredible that a hotel such as Hilton does not No bottles of water in the room No biscuits You expect to pay slightly more for a Hilton stay but honestly how much would it cost for water and a decent size biscuit. Just very scroogelike

Good location. Smart hotel

Fantastic
    • Double Deluxe Room

Absolutely everything, all our needs catered for , we wanted to spoil our granddaughter,so chose your hotel, was not disappointed, would love to come back again

Visiting the O2 so the hotel was in a brilliant location I...
    • Double Guest Room

Also as well as being a great location it had a fantastic shopping centre in its door step all under ground. Will come back.

Visiting the O2 so the hotel was in a brilliant location I would certainly use again. Staff polite and helpful and hotel very clean and tidy.

A wonderful stay in a lovely location.
    • Double Guest Room

Couldn't fault the hotel but one of our rooms carpet seem to need replacement as the was stains on it. Additionally, a complimentary bottle of water would have been great. Do not lift anything out of the mini bar if you weren't going to consume it.

One of the best Hilton hotels i have stayed in. The buffet style breakfast was excellent with loads of varieties. Quite surprised and happy to see haggis within the selection. The hotel and restaurant staff were excellent and the food served was amazing.

We were up graded to a king size suite.
    • Double Guest Room

Not much parking but we were directed to another secure parking location.

We were up graded to a king size suite. The room was huge and very comfortable.

Super stay
    • Double Guest Room

They struggled to cope with demand at breakfast on Bank holiday Monday. Staff shortages apparently, when the day before had been terrific with lots of staff.

I liked the modest charge to include breakfast. Good location, very good rooms, well equipped, great bathroom.

Friendly, accommodating and professional, genuinely
    • Double Guest Room

Staff were very helpful. My partner sprained her ankle on the Friday night and by Saturday morning it had swollen and she couldn't walk. We didn't know whether to go to A&E in London or come back to Norwich and were panicking about what to do with trains home, paying for an extra night in the hotel etc. But the staff calmed us down and one of them who was an athlete bandaged my partners leg and put her mind at rest. They provided us with ice through the night and let us have a free late check out. They couldn't have been nicer and it was a change from the usual smiles through gritted teeth. You could tell they were genuine and it was really appreciated. Thank you guys who were there on 25/5 and 26/5. We got home safe and it was just a sprain, not a break i'm sure you'll be relieved to know :)

Very enjoyable stay.

Replenishment of toiletries.

Very pleasant staff, large rooms, nice food. The waitress who served us for our evening meal, was extremely polite & pleasant.

• Double Guest Room

Front of house staff rude and unhelpful. Booking.com confirmation said a certain price - hotel charged us £20 more and kept insisting it was our problem. Terrible customer service for such a large brand.

Amazing price for what was received
    • Double Guest Room

It was just abit far to travel for the event we were attending, but that is not the hotels fault as everything about the hotel was amazing.

The staff were welcoming and pleasant. The atmosphere was really nice. Breakfast was amazing and the room I stayed in was incredible.

Hilton London twin room
    • Twin Executive Room with Lounge Access

Lots of construction work on the surrounding buildings so was a little bit of an eyesore but luckily not too noisy. Choice of tv channels was really poor and our 2 year old couldn’t watch children’s programmes. WiFi was not free and cost quite a lot. Breakfast selection was limited and most items ran out.

Close to underground, staff were helpful and friendly. Room was clean and coffee making facilities is a great idea!

Good hotel friendly staff
    • Double Deluxe Room

No facilities in the area for a late night meal or drink Canary Whart shuts at midnight.

Good location for access to the national stadium for a concert and close to the Canary Wharf tube and a really good breakfast.

Great breakfast and bar area.

No negatives!

Great breakfast and bar area. Really good gym equipment. Area more peaceful compared to other central London areas. Even the standard rooms are great.

# Awesome hotel in Canary Wharf. Forget those overpriced central London hotels!
    • Double Guest Room

# Nothing much to complain to be honest

# Very big room given the price that we paid for # Staff was very friendly and helpful # Facilities were very clean and in good condition # My husband really liked the shower gel provided # Well connected to the transport (e.g. Docklands Light Rail and Underground Jubilee Line Canary Wharf station) that will take you to Central London around 20 ~ 30 minutes

Very nice and quiet room with plenty of light
    • Double Guest Room

The mattress was awful (room 205). We ordered breakfast in bed expecting a 5 pound charge (as discussed with the receptionist the day before) and it was 17 pounds extra.

Very nice and quiet room with plenty of light

Central to where we wanted to be.
    • Double Guest Room

Soulless. No character. The bath/shower gel was poor quality and so small we struggled with one for 2 people! Breakfast was £16.99 each with pre booking discount. We did not have this as it is ridiculously expensive.

Central to where we wanted to be.

Relaxing but not one of the better Hilton Hotels
    • King Junior Suite with Lounge Access

The room decor/layout for a 'suite' was boring and bland. The interior layout of the Doubletree brand of the Hilton group which I've stayed in before was a hundredfold better. There were minimal toiletries or 'extras' that you would have expected for opting for a suite as well were absent. You do get access to the 'Executive Lounge' although i didn't have any time to visit that during my stay.

I've stayed in a number of hotels under the Hilton umbrella and they all seem to vary massively accordingly to location. The Hilton London Canary Wharf sits within walking distance of Canary Wharf and the vibrant bar/food scene of West India Quay. It's minutes away from South Quay DLR Station. The room I'd booked was a suite but could more appropriately be described as a 'studio' as there was no distinctive between the bedroom and seating area other than a TV. Despite this the staff were welcoming and the breakfast (which was included with my room rate) was more than tasty!

Hotel great, let down when checking out
    • Twin Deluxe Room

Requested to pay bar bill Saturday evening to be informed that reception were not aware of final amount. Next morning it took 15 minutes to check out and pay the account - have now discovered that we were charged twice for the bar bill when checking out -

The room was good, the lounge bar good, food very good

Very comfortable stay with a great breakfast.
    • Double Guest Room

We up graded to a room with River view, but we could only just see the river. We also had to phone down to reception to get our bathrobe and slippers which were also included in the upgrade.

Comfy bed, great shower. Nice big room.

the staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble.
    • Double Guest Room

Breakfast could have been better - pancake machine wasn’t working and when I asked if the chef could make one instead as it was quiet, he said no. Also not enough fruit selection and no opinion of waffles.

the staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble.

Nice
    • Double Guest Room

The pillows on the bed were very uncomfortable, the shower door was inadequate. The floor got wet during showers.

The location and the staff were kind and helpful.

Perfection
    • Double Guest Room

It was as expected. Staff were professional and friendly nothing was too much trouble. Great to have a hand written note in the room on arrival. Asked and were given shortbread on request. Grand daughter was brought a cake with Happy Birthday for a dessert much to the 4 year olds delight. Breakfast manager is perfection never without a smile.

Overpriced for a run of the mill hotel with no hot water.
    • Double Guest Room

I was overcharged at reception as the "Hold" on my credit card was actually taken in full from my card. They have a serious issue with hot water as there was never enough for a shower. Water went cold / tepid after 1 min or so.

Definitely staying again
    • Double Deluxe Room

All food and drink is priced excluding service charge (12.5%) which was a surprise at the start, but with the staff it was worth it

Located within a 5 minute walk from the tube station in Canary Wharf, close to the DLR as well, ideal location for the O2 arena. The food at the bar is great and breakfast options were vast.

Perfect
    • Double Guest Room

Did not get access to the internet

Comfortable bed, excellent extra bed, the size of the room met my expectation . The kids like it Excelent location

Birthday Weekend
    • Double Deluxe Room

Excellent hotel all round! All expected amenites, such as iron and board, blow dryer etc. all in place. Was a birthday stay so team went extra effort by setting the room beautifully. Great stay would certainly recommend it!

Staff were very quick to try and get rid of you, not helpful in the slightest
    • Twin Deluxe Room

Staff rude No onsite parking Had to pay £24 pounds to stay at another car park 35 mins away from the hotel itself No signs to state there was no parking upon arrival

Fantastic 2 night stay, testament to the chef , and all friendly staff

Cant pick any faults

Breakfast was fantastic. Clean comfy rooms, staff very friendly, food and drink went down a treat, great location 2 minute tube away from the 02 arena

Great value for money, would come again
    • Double Guest Room

Drinks were quite pricey, service a little slow Lack of comfy seating in reception Bed not the comfiest

Lovely hotel, clean & modern. Staff were extra friendly & helpful Rooms were big, modern, clean!

Enjoyable and spacious rooms on
    • Double Guest Room

Our room overlooked the DLR but we didn’t hear it so wasn’t so bad. Still waiting for a email reciept for the breakfast we paid for. Not sure what’s happened

Breakfast was good and we paid fair price for the room

Delightful.
    • Double Guest Room

The view wasn’t outstanding but there’s not much anyone can do about that due to Canary Wharf being such a built up area.

The breakfast was amazing! So much variety and the quality was second to non. The room was clean, nice size and the bed was lovely. The staff were happy and even gave us information and a map the next day when we asked for directions. We will definitely be returning.

Clean and okay, not worth £100 per night.
    • Double Guest Room

The parking charge was unifeal; given the location it would take a lengthy time to order a cab whereby it is easier to drive, you are then ‘punished’ for this with a fee - Not fair. My room was cold and even on the highest temperature it was still uncomfortable to the point where an electric heater was brought to my room. This was great though I worried as it had to be kept on all night. - The warmth of rooms should be addressed as the staff member said “All our rooms are pretty cold even if I were to move you”. The lighting in the room was very dark. It was a sunny day and I wanted to have this shine through in the day though wasn’t able to. I was left with dim lighting which wasn’t ideal.

Really comfortable and friendly staff
    • Double Guest Room

We were told it was 20 pound to check in when we arrived at 12.30pm although we travelled with another couple and they checked in at 12.30 for free. We had to wait until later to check in so it was one rule for us and one rule for them, They were checking in right beside us at the exact same time so we left our bags in their room

The staff especially in the restaurant at breakfast were so helpful and friendly and the room was very spacious and comfortable

It's a Hilton. Consistent and reliable.
    • Double Guest Room

Good location for Canary Wharf. But walking across the nearby footbridge from Jubilee Line station was a problem with wheeled bags

It's a Hilton. Consistent and reliable.

Really comfortable.

Can’t think of anything!

Staff were really helpful, especially with sorting parking (which was convenient) and booking taxis. Breakfast and other food in the executive lounge was lovely.

Very good location, out of the centre but well-connected to...
    • Double Guest Room

Very good location, out of the centre but well-connected to everywhere by the Underground and DLR. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby. The room was excellent and staff really helpful and friendly.

Good business hotel on Canary Wharf.
    • Double Guest Room

Breakfast was a bit disappointing, especially the person receiving guests on the first morning of my stay. I was asked if I wanted coffee but it never arrived, when I tried to get her attention 15 minutes later I was dismissed. I guess she was busy letting somebody else down. Generally staff were excellent though.

Good quality room, standard Hilton fare. Convenient for what I was doing but the location is a little bit removed from local amenities.

Hilton at its best with excellent location and staff
    • Double Deluxe Room

Just if I was being picky the scrambled egg!

Just love the Hilton service with great staff and a can do attitude. Was upgraded to executive floor on check in and this gave me fantastic views of London. The executive lounge was closing when I arrived one evening but they kindly got me a glass of wine from the kitchen area. Concierge great with all my questions and business centre manager really helpful.

Lovely stay, very comfortable and easy to do everything as the staff were very helpful.
    • Double Deluxe Room

Fresh milk to have with a cup of tea in your room would have been good. Or more of the uht milk as 4 was not enough. Maybe some complimentary biscuits?

The size of the room was good, and the heating controls, bathroom and lighting were perfect. Staff were lovely and very helpful.

Spacious, comfortable, convenient and affordable. Definite must stay for business travellers.
    • Double Guest Room

I would've loved for the Hilton Canary Wharf London to be a 5 star hotel and for it to have a swimming pool and a Jacuzzi. That would have been fab. Nonetheless, I loved the rooms the most as it was very spacious and had a good view.

I loved the affordability and the central location that the Hilton had to offer. It is even better now that I am a Hilton Honors member! Absolutely incredible. Thank you for the hospitality. I loved the facilities and the food provided at the Hilton! Would definitely return for my next London business trip.

Excellent quality stay with superb staff - glitch in the payment process though
    • King Junior Suite with Lounge Access

Have discovered that I've been charged over £100 more than booked for (was emailed receipt so didn't realise at the time) Have emailed hotel I think (couldn't get answer on day, but to be fair was busy with London marathon). Have emailed booking.com too and waiting for an answer - would have thought would be quicker response from either party. Not aware of any booking.com "genius" bonus?? Have also since discovered that should possibly have been offered free continental breakfast, but were told upon arrival that no breakfast included. Cest la vie..........

Excellent hotel in exact location required. Very, very happy with the weekend - just a problem with payment.

A very relaxing and enjoyable experience.
    • Double Guest Room

The room was very spacious. The staff were efficient and very friendly and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. A great venue for watching the London Marathon as we did.

Great location for Canary Wharf, and City Airport.
    • King Executive Room with Lounge Access

Couldn’t get lunch after we checked out because of the footfall from the London Marathon. it was difficult to get the staffs attention. I dont think normally this would have been a problem And I will definitely stay there again.

Room was nice and quiet. Access to the executive lounge was a bonus, it was well stocked and staffed and finding a table wasn’t a problem

Very disappointing wont be coming again
    • Double Deluxe Room

Room furnishings were grubby. Marks on chair and carpet. Dusty. Needed a general spring clean. No complimentary water provided. On 2nd day room wasnt serviced until 4pm. Breakfast was very expensive. Paid 360gbp for 2 nts room only. Poor value.

It's a lovely hotel with kind, friendly staff. A great location for any London Marathon runners.
    • Double Guest Room

Nothing to find fault with the hotel itself. It's a shame that hotels feel it necessary to bump up their prices on the weekend of the London Marathon though. I know it's called business, but is it exploiting people who are raising millions of pounds for charity? Just a thought?

Friendly, helpful staff. Thank you.

Good LOndon Marathon weekend
    • Double Guest Room

Beware the automated sensors in the mini-bar!

Good friendly service, as expected from Hilton team. Nice touch remembering Marathin runner’s room; and offering invite to celebratory drinks reception.

Great location, excellent facilities and delightful staff at this hotel
    • King Executive Room with Lounge Access

There was some confusion over the room booked but the hotel staff went above and beyond to correct it.

The concierge was very helpful, as the rest of the hotel staff

Quite expensive for one night and still had to get a tube to the O2
    • Double Deluxe Room

Groups of young people smoking in return from the concert we saw, smelt something other than cigarettes.... felt slightly intimidated as trying to walk through them, there were no night security on the door? Got accosted in the lift to go to a party then they followed us up the road trying to get us to go....

Clean rooms