Reviews of Hilton London Euston 4 stars

17-18 Upper Woburn Place, Camden, London, WC1H 0HT, United Kingdom

#518 of 977 hotels in London

5.7

Clean quite comfortable- close to Kings Cross St Pancras( we...
    • Double Guest Room

Room was very small and airco quite noisy( it was hot in London during our stay so needed aircon on)

Clean quite comfortable- close to Kings Cross St Pancras( we were departing on Eurostar so easy access)

A long story.
    • Basic Triple Room

The reception got confused about my order and others, it kept me waiting for almost half an hour, first, they offered us a room has already been occupied, then at last they offered us a wheelchair accessible Room. The bathroom was designed unreasonable, when you took a bath, the floor of the whole bathroom will be all wet.

Hotel was lovely and staff were pleasant but the payment process was awful.
    • Double Guest Room

Despite having already paid the full amount I still have an £209 pending transaction on my account which has caused other I have to be missed.

Breakfast was extremely good. Bed and pillows were ridiculously comfortable and the fridge was a nice bonus.

Nice hotel and good location
    • Double Guest Room

The checkout system was confusing, I had paid then they slipped an envelope under the door in the middle of the night showing my account status and it did not show the payment. I had to query this the next morning. We had to leave very early the next morning (7.30) but breakfast was not available until 7 so it felt rushed.

Lovely room, very comfortable.

Superb service!
    • Twin Guest Room

Location is great. Facilities are excellent and the service is superb. Didn’t expect anything less, so was not disappointed in the slightest. I had a slight complain upon arrival. It was promptly and compassionately dealt with.Will absolutely recommend and visit again. Very satisfied.

Excellent choice for us, as we're traveling by rail.

No dislikes

Loved it all. Great location, convenient to train station. Clean, quiet and comfortable. Great staff. Everything you'd expect from Hilton.

Good and Not so good.
    • Double Guest Room

We were in room 418, quite surprised because it was very small. We arrived back from the theatre at 10.45pm and went to the bar to order food and was told it was closed and all they could offer us was a ham sandwich. After 17 days our gold card was still blocked for £100.

Breakfast was lovely. Bed very comfortable.

Not happy.
    • Double Guest Room

Air conditioning did not work in our room , causing an extremely uncomfortable sleep. No receipt sent to me via email confirming what I paid for hotel/room service. Stayed at the the same hotel 2 weeks prior to my latest visit for £30/40 cheaper in a more spacious room and the air con was working - no consistency.

Clean room - friendly staff.

The room
    • Double Guest Room

The service of staff and also very expensive and I left a item in the room which was a value of £365 and it wasn't found I'm very disappointed

The room

The bells!
    • Double Guest Room

The bells! Windows are not double glazed and my room was across from St Pancras church. The bells go every half hour and chime the hour. Several hundred times on Sunday morning calling the faithful to worship.

Lovely helpful staff. Very comfortable room and bed. Clean. Great location for trains both Paris and International.

I should have just booked an air bnb
    • Double Guest Room

Customer service problems - I ordered a bottle of Rose Pommery, specified Rose. They delivered the white version, not the rose. Didn't mind too much as happy to drink either. But the next morning I attempted to order breakfast, they told me they would call me back, but every time they called and I answered the line was dead. Rather than come up to my room to take the order they persisted for a very long time ringing my phone that clearly didn't work. I phoned down to reception, who took my order, and told them about the phone persistently ringing, they said they'd sort it out and get them to stop calling me. They didn't stop calling me, it kept ringing. They said they had a problem with their phone, but didn't acknowledge there was a problem with mine. 25 minutes before I was due to check out, without knocking, a member of staff walked straight into the room I was getting changed in having just packed and showered ready to leave, felt this wasn't very appropriate, a knock I wouldn't have minded but just to walk straight in to a booked room seemed very odd on top of the service I had prior to that, too. The room was boiling hot or freezing cold from air con, no in-between, so it made trying to sleep uncomfortable. It felt like a stressful, rushed morning, when I should have felt relaxed staying in a 4* Hilton hotel.

Reception staff who checked us in were welcoming and friendly.

Good location for Euston
    • Double Guest Room

I have been staying in London every two months for last five years and this is the most expensive and most disappointing hotel. Room very small. Was woken at 6 am when water started coming through our ceiling light. We did not feel safe to put the light on or take a shower so had to wash at the sink. When we mentioned to reception on checking out that same morning we received no apology.

Good location for Euston

Miserable stay
    • Single Guest Room

Unhelpful staff. Could not provide a pot of coffee and cream. No coffee creamer in room. No bath when one was requested at booking 2 months earlier. Presented with breakfast bill in middle of my breakfast. Manager not at all interested when I tried to speak to him.

I chose this hotel because of the location

Clean stylish hotel right on the edge of the west end
    • Deluxe Double Room

Secondary glazing on room windows

Room was cosy with good fixtures and fittings. A little noisy from road traffic/ sirens. But overall just right for a one/two night city break

This hotel provided a good location to enable us to carry out our many planned activities
    • Double Guest Room

Biscuits should be provided with the room tea & coffee

Very comfortable bed and pleasing white linen.excellent full English breakfast with many choices to meet all requirements .very satisfactory service by all staff The secondary glazing provides a good quiet nights rest even with our bedroom being on the main road elevation .good size television is provided in our bedroom

I paid in advance for breakfast but this was not available...
    • Double Guest Room

I paid in advance for breakfast but this was not available as I had to leave befor 7am. I was offered a takeaway breakfast but I wanted somethiing I could eat in my room.

Glorification for London stay...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The water pressure in the shower was very disappointing as weak...although that might be because I was on 5th floor.

Staff were very friendly and professional

Great location, great rooms,not free wifi
    • Family Superior Room

The wifi is not free,only for 60 minutes and a bit complicated to get access.

Excellent location,friendly & helpful staff. Clean & quiet rooms. Confortable beds.

All you need for a short stay in London
    • Double Guest Room

Bar lacked a little atmosphere & could be a little less pricey.

Well located, close to Euston & Russell Sq tube. Room very clean with good facilities. Excellent choice of food at breakfast. All you need for an overnight stay.

Expected more for the price...
    • Double Guest Room

Firstly for the price per night (£230) I'd of expected a bigger bathroom with the room, this one was the smallest one of the three hotels stayed in during our long weekend away in Europe.. It was the most expensive too. Also for the price I'd of expected a quality toilet tissue paper, not a cheap one, it's the little things that make a difference, and to cap it all off a service charge added to the price of a pint, now I know I was staying in London and hotel prices etc.. but £5.00 plus service charge for a pint of Guinness... hmmmm taking the urine a little I think... I won't be staying again... very disappointed..

Convenient for the train station although there are others which in hindsight would've been better..

Its an old hotel but the bed was extremely comfortable and...
    • Double Guest Room

Interior is a bit old fashioned

Its an old hotel but the bed was extremely comfortable and my room was quiet despite the location. I stayed just one night and therefore it was fine. The people at the front desk were very helpful

Perfect choice, great central location
    • Family Room

Room had pleasant decor, with modern clean bathroom. Staff were very helpful, and they let us into our room early, which was wonderful! Breakfast was fantastic! Will def be back!

Okay hotel... with the same price you can find something much better.
    • Twin Guest Room

It is too expensive for the services provided. There was no wifi connection in my room at all. I couldn't connect to the hotel connection or even use my 4G. I was told to pay to have a better internet connection, which I did not. They changed the room for me to another one which had a better connection but not the best. There was also an empty bottle of beer was on the floor next to my room... Not the best hotel, I personally would not go there again.

I liked the location. The bed was comfortable.

Room was clean , bathroom was a good size, bed was a king...
    • Family Room

Nothing as we were not there long enough.

Room was clean , bathroom was a good size, bed was a king size so very comfortable.Some noise when people walked along corridor. Good location as we were catching Eurostar next morning.

Exceptional value for money in a great location
    • Double Guest Room

The location is perfect! Easy walk to Kings Cross and St Pancras. Easy walking distance to a few Tube stations and lots of shops and restaurants nearby. We really enjoyed our stay and the room was definitely of what you'd expect from a Hilton.

Great for a short day, not suitable for longer than 3 days
    • Double Guest Room

No drawers to put away clothes, was living out our bags for the 5 days we were staying. Also only 2 plug points which were by the bed so not idea to dry hair, charge phones, iPads etc.

Very close to the station and easy to find

Perfect location so close to Euston station

The staff were very friendly, extremely helpful, we were able to check in early, which helped us hugely to get across London for a show at 2:30pm in west end. Room was clean & tidy. The atmosphere in the hotel was remarkably homely

Will def stay there again. Good value for money and Wing Wing around the corner!
    • Double Guest Room

Paint from water damage was scraping off the walls in our room. Was a funny contrast from the spick and span of the rest of the room.

The bed is wide and cosy, rare for a lot of hotels in London.

Good hotel, close to Euston and easy to get around.
    • Double Guest Room

Room was very small, couldn’t really unpack as no space, also room very warm and took ages to cool down when temp was adjusted. I think this is because the whole hotel is very hot.

Room was clean and staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good.

Overall good stay, I would stay there again.
    • Double Guest Room

shower bit small, shower door not properly closing, noise coming from corridor, better noise isolation would be good.

Good breakfast, comfortable room/bed

OK, but nothing to write home about.
    • Double Guest Room

Room a but small, but it's London. Odd blue bathroom lighting. I had hoped that the hotel would be surrounded by restaurants as the weather was awful. I managed to stagger through the snow in high heels to the Italian on the corner, but was unimpressed. There wasn't much else in sight so I returned to the hotel for food.

Staff delivered food to my room for free, as I was fit to drop after a long day at work. I had a nice light room at the front of the hotel with double doors. 12 noon check out which was a blessing due to the awful weather.

We will undoubtedly be back.

Nothing I can think of.

Hotel is very convenient for our trips to London - adjacent to Euston and near theatres etc. Good public transport connections nearby. Staff helpful and standard of accommodation very good. We have on occasion used more expensive hotels in the area which do not meet the standards of Hilton.

Room was ready early which helped us go out and do...
    • Twin Guest Room

Mattress and pillows a bit too soft for my liking.

Room was ready early which helped us go out and do everything planned. Luggage storage on day of check out handy. Plenty of choice at breakfast time.

There are better options around.
    • Double Guest Room

Free WIFI for 60 min only. Booked one night with breakfast and 50 quid allowance for extra charge. Result no breakfast included. Wife disappointed. When discussed with staff breakfast appeared as part of 50 pounds allowance (as voucher). I prefer manage everything on my planning stage and not waist time sorting hotel managing issues and proving that I have it included on my price on booking.com. May be its booking.com issue but voucher was given only on request in 3 hours before check out not on check in.

Good location. Clean hotel. Comfy bed. Good breakfast. Perfect housekeeping staff. Everything is spot on. I've seen them only when they asked for room service. Nice lounge area. No queues near lifts.

Great location, nice room, but too noisy
    • Double Guest Room

Too noisy, due to its central location just off the Euston Road the traffic noise all night was a bit much. I regretted not packing my earplugs.

Great location, good quality bed and facilities, good breakfast, friendly staff.

Pleasant stay with adequate facilities
    • Double Guest Room

Bathroom shelves dusty (minor) Shower door not closing properly leading to wet bathroom floor

Bed & pillows comfortable. Overall appearance of hotel and room Magnified lit articulating mirror in bathroom

Not great
    • Double Guest Room

The individual staff member that checked us in was rude and didn't seem to understand what he was doing. We booked a double room and were put into a twin room, and staff manager was reluctant to put us into a double room. Room was very overpriced. Ordered food from the 24 hour room service menu as it took so long to check in and get the correct room we missed serving hours. The room service menu hadn't been updated, as what was stated available on the menu was not available which caused further upset (sounds picky, but at the time we were tired hungry and frustrated)!

Room and bathroom were of a nice size and bed was rather comfortable.

The breakfast was very good.

All good

The breakfast was very good. Staff very accommodating and the rooms clean and comfy. We stayed here due to its proximity to Euston Station which made it very convenient for dropping off our bags and the picking them up before catching our train home.

Nice breakfast, very good location and nice staff
    • Double Guest Room

Very loud heater/air conditioning in my room, impossible to sleep with it on, and as soon as I switched it off i was frozen the whole night. Should not be the case in such hotel.

Nice breakfast, very good location and nice staff

Would highly recommend, for its cleanliness, location and price.
    • Double Guest Room

Our room was a little noisy in the morning with cleaners banging about, I think we must have been near a cleaners room, but it didn't ruin our stay.

Lovely room, although small was perfectly adequate for 2 nights. All the extras you could want, water, tea, coffee, safe and even a full size ironing board. Both the bedroom and bathroom were spotlessly clean.

Good hotel. Good Location
    • Double Guest Room

Room was a little odd in shape with a curtained window looking out onto a dining room. This might have become irksome if my stay had been longer

Excellent Breakfast General high quality spec of rooms

Clean and comfortable, good breakfast, excellent location

Spare ‘put up’ bed for my 17 year old daughter was too small and not comfortable, should have been a full sized single bed....her feet were hanging off the end!! Tolerated it as it was for just one night.

Very clean Nice and quiet and warm

The location was great, everything within walking distance.
    • Double Guest Room

The hotel room was very noisy at night time. The windows didn’t really block out the noise so had disturbed sleeps both nights

The location was great, everything within walking distance. Lots of things to do around.

Warm. Clean. Comfortable thank you.
    • Twin Guest Room

No charging docks for phones. Time has moved on. We need. In built multi charger cables. So no one can steal them.

Breakfast was fantastic team were great. Food was great

It is ok.
    • Double Guest Room

Receptionst (lady) when i reached hotel was not courteous at all. Requested for early check-in via booking but she didnt seem to care about any commemt. However, guy standing next to her at reception went out of the way to facilitate and welcomed me by getting a room arranged within less than 3mins time.

At this price - I would not stay here again.
    • Double Guest Room

1) On check in - only 1 person in front of me but it took 5 minutes before the 2 members of staff were available to see me 2) Shower pressure poor. 3) Shaving mirror hanging of wall with electrical wires exposed. 4) My room faced the main road - traffic noise an issue. 5) TV reception poor - half the channels didn't work.

Clean - very comfortable bed.

Unhelpful staff that don’t want to be there
    • Double Guest Room

Our room phone didn’t work and upon complaining about it they said they’d send someone to fix it but never did so I had to go down to the bar instead of getting room service and was charged a £5 tip for the bother! I had requested to have flowers and a bottle of champagne waiting in the room with a message saying happy birthday and said I would pay up to £60 for the trouble and they didn’t message me saying they couldn’t do it and when we arrived there was nothing in the room at all. The room was TINY and looked NOTHING like the pictures and I was very disappointed. When having breakfast there was no apple juice left which I alerted the staff to to which she argued yes there is so I had to insist there wasn’t and then she went and poured me a glass and having my first sip she said do you want more and I told her no my glass was full for now and she tired and walked off. A disappointed stay at what is supposed to be a lovely hotel.

The breakfast was tasty.

Short stay
    • Double Guest Room

Fault electrics, light switch hanging off the wall, bathroom light flickered every time it was turned on and off

Comfy bed, quiet rooms, easy check in and check out, close to Kings cross

Comfortable and convenient.
    • Twin Guest Room

There was this exhaust fan in the bathroom that, even with a closed door, was extremely loud. But it might be just that specific room.

Super comfortable bed.

Convenient, clean and comfortable!
    • Double Guest Room

Room would have been too small for two people - perfect for one even though room described as a double room.

Convenient location - nice bar food - very clean and comfortable!

Generally good
    • Double Guest Room

Breakfast - Toast was just warm floppy bread - sad as this was room service. Pastries were stale. Evening room service - 8pm ordered a sandwich also stale and pudding had part of plastic packaging still attached. I’d avoid the room service next time!

We all really enjoyed our stay . Staff were really friendly and helpful. would definitely stay again
    • Family Superior Room

It was really noisy outside the room we stayed in . I could hear the traffic . The clock chiming . Noise from people walking past . Car alarm going off . I wish I had taken good earplugs to drown out the noise . This is our only criticism

Really comfy beds . Good facilities in the room

Great location and well presented room.
    • Double Guest Room

Wifi connectivity was very poor in the room and only ok in the reception areas. Air-con/heating was a tricky to operate and not great at regulating the room temp.

Great location. Comfy bed. Well presented room. Decent buffet breakfast. Location is within 10min walk of both Euston and St Pancras train stations.

My room was only 10 degrees when I arrived at 8pm - the...
    • Twin Guest Room

My room was only 10 degrees when I arrived at 8pm - the window was wide open. Staff were helpful, brought extra heaters to try and heat the room, but by 10.30pm it was still cold, so they happily moved me to another room. Good service.

We had a good stay apart from room.
    • Double Guest Room

Room was small and cramped, bathroom was also small. On main road so quite a lot of noisy traffic.

Clean, good breakfast lots of choice, friendly staff, good location close to public transport.

A good place to stay
    • Double Guest Room

Good selection for breakfast clean and comfortable rooms good value for money and walking distance from the underground station. Would stay here again

Excellent location for short stay in London!
    • Double Guest Room

Room was very small - not shown in the official photos.

Excellent location - around the corner from Euston Underground. Bed very cosy and shower very nice, good blackout curtains for good night sleep after long day of exploring.

Lovely hotel and comfy but let down by the staff
    • Family Superior Room

Room was booked for 2 adults and 2 children. Upon arrival the guy at reception said it was only booked for two adults and that this was a common problem with booking.com. We were told someone would come up and set up the sofa bed and bring covers etc. However this never happened some my two children slept with our bed cover and me and my wife used dressing gowns. When we told the manager about this in the morning he again blamed booking.com and said he would investigate and get back to me......still no reply. There lack of knowledge on the bus routes running outside was also a bit frustrating

The food was nice and quick, very comfy bed

Could have been better.
    • Double Guest Room

The room was a bit small. Unfortunately one of the windows didn't fully close and there was a cold draught, which couldn't be fully prevented by stuffing a spare pillow up against the window. The heating controls were difficult to use and the room was well below an acceptable temperature for some of the time. The room faced onto a busy road and was quite noisy.

The room was clean and nicely furnished, and the bed was comfortable.

Comfortable rooms.
    • Double Guest Room

The reception couldn’t give out that much information and it was a bit frustrating. I asked where i could get a ticket for the public transport and they just told me to go the station closeby (which i had no clue of?). It was really hard to figure it out.

Comfortable rooms. Very clean and the rooms gave out a good atmosphere.

Very disappointed
    • Double Guest Room

This hotel is the worse Hilton I have ever been to. The room was as small as in a "regular hotel room" (like Ibis hotels). The breakfast room is too small so people have to wait to get in. Moreover, there are not so many things to eat (for the price you pay it is not normal), bread is not fresh at all and there is only one coffee/tea machine so people also have to wait to get drinks. I am very disappointed. I chose to pay for an Hilton room for a special weekend, I should have been to a "normal hotel", it would have been much better. This one does not deserve to be an Hilton.

The only positive thing is the location (you can walk to it from the train station).

Family Stay overnight in Central London
    • Family Superior Room

The window was quite draughty.

The family room worked well for us. Quite a grand room on the first floor with a fold out double bed for our boys (11) and a very comfortable king size bed for the adults. Plenty of space for an overnight stay. Great location.

Good location - just do not eat there.
    • Double Guest Room

Dinner was inedible - the prawns were almost certainly off and over cooked to disguise the fact. One of the worst cooked meals i have had in a restaurant.

poor service, medicore room - wont return
    • Deluxe Double Room

couldnt connect to the Wifi in my room and had to use my personal hotspot TV in the room wasnt working, when they got it turned on it was broken so they replaced it with a smaller one Door didnt appear to lock securely Ordered dinner to my room which arrived, the bun for the burger was too hard to eat in places as it appeared burnt and the server knocked my beer bottle into my food and just asked me to clean down the bottle with some tissue. Nose from outside the room stopped me from sleeping properly plus the unreliable air con made it either unbearably cold or hot - no middle groud Service at breakfast was appalling - I was not on the list of names for breakfast so was made to stand for 5 minutes whilst the staff decided what to do, I eventually got seated and the food was not great as it had been sitting for a while - when I complained to reception they said i hadnt been charged extra for breakfast but as I had already paid as part of my room that was a moot point. Overall given my experience I shall not be back.

location was perfect as I was attending a conference at the British Medical association

People at the fornt desk are unfriendly
    • Twin Guest Room

The personel was unorganized. We got the room, which was already busy, however the man at the front desk instead of apologizing started to ask coworkers How is it possible. We forgot the adapters to the phone chargers. We were charged 10£ for borrowing them for two nights.

Room was big, clean and ample for 3 adults to share.
    • Family Room

had a room for 3 adults. Double bed was fine - 3rd bed was fine for few nights but wouldn't want an extended stay on it

Room was big, clean and ample for 3 adults to share. Great location

Good location.
    • Family Room

The shower not enough pressure. The child's bed no mattress cover. Having to pay £13 for Wi-Fi in the Room but free in the communual area's.

The comfortable bed... lovely white towels and flannels....good bar of soap....

Overall disappointing for a Hilton.
    • Double Guest Room

Water pressure very low, shower a dribble, rooms small. Several of the bar staff were inattentive and new.

Great central location, and some staff made a real effort.

I travelled with my colleague on a business trip.
    • Twin Guest Room

I travelled with my colleague on a business trip. We had no hot water which meant that we could not shower. I spoke with management who stated that this was a 15 minute issue that the hotel had. I was on a business trip and as such did not have the luxury of waiting for the issue to be resolved.

Good central location close to major transport hubs.
    • Double Guest Room

Having prepaid wasn't expecting another 50 pounds to be debited from my credit card on checkout since I didn't have any extras to pay for, but this was refunded within about a week.

Hilton beds and pillows are always hard to beat.

I would definitely return.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The cleaning staff didn't put enough soap in the bathroom. Whenever they saw that The soap was out, they should have replaced it.i had to go get some more.

The staff and the room was perfect.

Hilton seems to have lost its big name.

I can tolerate about the small-room-issue in London, but Hilton should compensate with amenities that can make guests feel like home. I can easily hear noises from the hallway or even someone else banging the door in other rooms. The bathroom is also to small without modern equipments. I can't feel the big name of Hilton as I felt years before.

You will need this hotel if you come to London by train. Euston, King's Cross & St Pancras Station are walking distance from the property. Book the twin bed room to get an extra space and large beds.

Hidden charges not advertised on the Booking.
    • Double Guest Room

Hidden charges not advertised on the Booking.com website! Forced to pay a £100 deposit / cover charge on arrival - not advertised at all from Booking.com. No fault of Hilton, all costs should be advertised up front.

Tight rooms. Sullen staff.
    • Double Guest Room

Indifferent staff. English appeared to be their third language. Compact room with a fridge bin shower within a tight bathroom.

Well located hotel. Good breakfast

Great location. Could work on their service level.
    • Double Guest Room

We were greeted quite rude upon arrival, as it turned out we had booked the wrong type of room. We are a Family of Three and had given notice about this through booking.com. When pointing out that, the receptionist said that was not his problem. This is not what you expect to hear at a four star hotel.

Very good location, Nice breakfast and comfortable room. It is very convenient to stay here if you are arriving by Train from London Euston. Three tube stations are very close.