Reviews of Hilton London Gatwick Airport 4 stars

South Terminal, Gatwick Airport, Gatwick, RH6 0LL, United Kingdom

#8 of 11 hotels in Gatwick

6.1

• King Deluxe Family Room

Had to change room as AC was not working and then they put us in another room where only 1 of 2 AC units was working. Got no satisfaction at all and at 11:30pm I told them I was not waiting any longer for their technician as we had a very early morning flight. One guy came to the room with a floor fan and when I told him that a fan was not what we had paid for, he said it was not his problem. He picked up the fan and walked out. A very rude man indeed. It could have been good as we were happy with the room set up but could not enjoy as the room was just too hot!

• Twin Guest Room

Booking in took an hour, sink in bathroom was badly cracked, and the bathroom floor was DIRTY. We asked for a quite room, and they said the top floor would be the quitest, but this was not the case, in fact people were very noisy, and coming and going at all times of the night, in fact sometimes it seem as though there was a party going on. Both my friend and I are well Travelled, and spend hotel stays in various airports on numerous occasions all over the world.

• Double Guest Room

The cost of drinks are expensive

The hotel is lovely 😀 We were getting a flight to Menorca from Gatwick so we stayed the night before in the hotel and we really enjoyed our relaxing overnight stay😀 It was a real treat to stay in this lovely hotel The breakfast was delicious.

• Twin Deluxe Room

It took 20 minutes to get any attention in the bar all the time sitting at a filthy table left by previous occupants. When we did get a waiter’s attention and asked for the table to be cleared we were ignored. The table was eventually cleared after about 35 minutes! (Yuck!) We tried to to get a table in May’s Restaurant at 7pm but told no table available until 8 pm. We turn up at 8 pm to a half empty restaurant and wonder why we could not have been taken at 7. Order taken after a little wait but long wait for the food. In fairness the food was good.

Excellent (deluxe room) but the ice maker at the end of the corridor had been removed. The meal in (I think it was called May’s Restaurant) was very good after a considerable wait.

• Double Deluxe Room

Check in was a bit slow and we were the only ones arriving at 1am so that could be improved

Very convenient location - just right if you are in a hurry.

• Twin Guest Room

staff vey helpful and friendly nothing too much trouble made sure my sister was in next room so it was easier as we were all travelling together. Beds really comfortable nice shower in bathroom would recommend others to stay.

• Double Guest Room

Restaurant over priced for an airport hotel, would have eaten and had a few drinks to relax in the evening but instead went back to the M&S in the airport and put together a feast for the room. Saw a lot of other guests doing the same. Corridors are starting to look a bit shabby.

Well organised check in. Good size room comfy bed tea and coffee. Quiet room

• Double Guest Room

Garden Restaurant could raise it’s game, Maître D works hard but buffet layout and quality is not inspiring. The outlook on the central garden area is appalling, overgrown with weeds and large number of dead pot plants. Lots of signs that management of the property has to improve.

The proximity to the airport terminals is a winner. Room Great locationsize was good and comfortable.

• Twin Guest Room

Only thing lacking a tiny bit, was the shower. That said, I understand the need to conserve water, and hence the shower 'power' was a bit poor, but nonetheless, acceptable.

Staff were exceptional. Hotel was very clean, room was comfortable as were the beds. We needed foam bedding, and it was provided without issue. Unquestionably, we would stay again.

• Double Guest Room

I was charged twice on my card that I had made the reservation with and over the amount of the actual hotel bill however I believe this may have been a holding amount of the room charged + £50. This did show off my balance however was then resolved after the 3 days - just something to be wary of. We also used a CC on the day we arrived however it was the debit card used for the reservation that was charged not the card used the day we arrived - again just something to be mindful of.

Great hotel in a fantastic location with lovely staff.

• Double Guest Room

No mobile reception in most of hotel inc. room Extortionate wifi charges unavoidable in view of above (from memory 13 pounds for slow and 15 for "fast") Bed had a slope from centre, pillows had lumps Fridge was broken, had to request ice bucket TV dated, remote took ~2 seconds to respond to each press (channel, volume) Phone in room had feedback - could hear myself louder than reception Despite advising (when asked at check in) that I would check out around 10 (standard checkout time is 12), I received a call and a knock at the door from housekeeping at 8:20, waking me unexpectedly

The location is convenient to airport and other food options (e.g. M&S) The staff seemed friendly enough The room is tastefully decorated The room is comfortably large

• Double Guest Room

Some areas the carpets were a little worn in corridor to room. Signage from Airport not clear - difficult to find.

Clean room comfy bed , good breakfast choice, attentive staff

• Double Guest Room

Area courtyard near Garden room restaurant very untidy lots of weeds growing between slabs dead bushes - real let down to appearance of hotel. Signage in Airport made hotel difficult to find - not clear .

Clean rooms, comfortable big beds, good selection at breakfast - fresh food lots of choice the yoghurt with compote and Granola very nice. Observed staff being very helpful to a Mum with two small children.

• Double Guest Room

We thought the food and drink were over-priced. Given the size of the hotel, the public spaces were quite limited. Difficult to get a seat in the bar.

The room was comfortable with everything we needed. Staff were helpful. We had a pleasant meal in the Garden restaurant.

• Double Guest Room

Couldn't find the hair dryer! (Turns out it is hidden in the desk). Wish there were more charging outlets.

Very nice room and a perfect stay for an early flight

• Double Guest Room

Internet being charged for in room. Poor considering room price. There should be free Wi-Fi access in rooms for all guests.

Clean. Comfortable. Very handy location. Staff efficient.

• Double Guest Room

Looking a bit tired and somewhat in need of an upgrade.

Easy walking distance from the arrivals hall at South Terminal Gatwick. Good efficient standard hotel, nothing to fault for on overnight stay. Excellent breakfast and evening dining facilities.

• Double Guest Room

Stinky room. Dirty bathtoom with staines on the toilet.Pubic hair on the coffee table😷 Crap Hilton at all levels.Of courseno free wifi and awful soundproofing(It could nearly hear my neighbours breathing).Avoid it!💩

• Compact Family Room

Thought it was very expensive and not worth the money. Have stayed at Hilton hotels before and been very impressed. This was a let down unfortunately, as a necessity, the night before an early flight, I would have expected more or paid less. Didn’t really have an option but to pay, as one of very few hotels in proximity to airport. Felt like the hotel took the money because they could, not because it was worth the stay.

• Double Guest Room

The bar/restaurant was a noisy and unpleasant place at the income to the hotel. Long waiting to check in... but checking out came first and behind there was the check-in.

It's a place you stay if you have an early flight. The rooms was as supposed, beds good.

• Double Deluxe Room

Rooms and chairs a bit too run down for my taste at that price.

Great place to stay before flying out. Rooms clean and Checking easy. Amy's restaurant serves good food though pricey.

• Double Guest Room

It was a bit run down and could do with an update, particularly there corridors and common spaces.

The hotel was very conveniently located for the airport and was very comfortable and well appointed.

• Double Guest Room

The bathroom had some mould, probably due re-decoration.

Nice comfortable bed, staff pleasant and professional, nice restaurant with plenty of choice and good quality food, excellent location for easy transition into Airport, we booked valet parking which is next door so from car to Hotel was easy.

• Double Guest Room

To me the gym could have been slightly better as was very small with no rowing machine and only one bike.

The room was nice and big with a lovely double bed, that was very comfortable.

• Double Guest Room

I booked three rooms for my family. I was told that the access door between my room and my 94 year old mother's room would be open and confirmed this at the desk when we registered. It wasn't and took 1.5 hours for someone to open it. We arrived late and had to get up very early for a morning flight so I wanted room service but there was no answer when I called. I tried to contact the front desk - no answer. Went down to front desk but no one available to help. I called about a phone in my room that was dead. Someone did come up to fix it but it wasn't fixed. Also light switch and lamp beside the bed did not work. A fire alarm went off during the night that terrified my mother and ruined all chances of getting a decent sleep before our flight the next morning. I called to try to find out what was going on - no answer. Not good service, not a pleasant stay. This was our third time staying at this hotel in the past year. Previous experiences were better. Access for my mother was a prime consideration. Not sure I would stay here again.

The location and access to the airport was excellent.

• Double Deluxe Room

The choice of restaurants was poor. The Garden Restaurant is a buffet restaurant and the food on display did not look appetising. Amy's restaurant is high end dining and priced accordingly, we decided not to eat there. Charlie Fry's Sport Bar looked like our best option and after we had found a seat (not easy) we went for the burger which we thought we couldn't go wrong with - we were wrong: it was dry and really not very tasty, for the princely sum of £18 each. Very disappointing. I would recommend trying to eat in the terminal, or before you arrive if you have the option.

The hotel is about 5 minutes walk from the terminal, so is a great place to stay if you have an early morning flight. The room was spacious and comfortable.

• Twin Guest Room

Breakfast restaurant was not open early enough to get breakfast before our flight. So paid for bed and breakfast for nothing. Also the beds were too high for my 80 year old mother, who is 5ft. She could not get in bed on her own. I had to get on all fours so she could stand on my back to push herself up as I could not lift her, although very funny at the time - she could have done with a step, especially when we had to do it all again in the middle of the night!!

Location and comfort.

• Double Guest Room

Rooms are very tired, (second floor), bed creeked, chairs soiled....probably from bags, furniture scuffed, bathroom needed refurb. Curtains and nets passed their best. Had to return to the concierge to collect complimentary tea & coffee. Limited plug sockets; had to unplug lamps and the kettle to charge phones and personal devices. Expect this from a Travelodge but not from a Hilton at 135 pounds a night.

Best breakfast selection I've seen for a long while. Check in at 07:30 post flight, for two nights, starting the previous day was painless, fast and efficient. Concierge pro-active and approachable. Easy access to both terminals and the railway station.I Plenty of selection for bars and restaurants both in the hotel and terminal.

• Double Guest Room

Room was a long way from Reception

Excellent Location for the Airport The Night Manger paid special attention to me after a very difficult Client took more than 30 minutes to check in at Reception

• Twin Guest Room

It was easy to get to from arrivals and easy to get to departures. The buffet food was delicious and the staff really attentive without being overly so.

• Twin Guest Room

The room we seré viven at first Washington small. All drawers were oír.bathroom dirty. Decir old and outdated. We requested room change and the second Room was an improvement

Hotel needs a complete overhaul!!

• Double Guest Room

Long queue for check-in and then the receptionist went off to deal with someone else and left me stranded! However, a lovely helpful lady took over. Drinks in the bar very expensive.

Superb location for flying from Gatwick South terminal-an easy walk. Room very comfy, so was the bed.

• Double Guest Room

Dirty glasses in room. Mediocre food for price paid. Service charge on food.

Location very convenient. Staff friendly and helpful. Room fairly spacious and comfortable.

• Double Guest Room

There was no choice of menu in the restaurant and The buffet evening meal felt very limited. But understand it is a very busy hotel.

The staff were friendly and the room was good for the overnight stay required

• Double Guest Room

Food in restaurant wasn’t particularly good , we ordered tapas dishes in the bar. There are some good places in the airport you could eat though including a big M&S for supplies.

Situated in the airport so ideal for early morning flights. Clean and comfortable.

• Double Guest Room

Hotel is a bit run down. Bathroom was tatty and shower fittings literally falling apart. At least we managed to make the shower work.

Very convenient location for an early flight.

• Compact Family Room

Beds were horrible. And the whole place was generally shabby. Shower curtain was broken. All very outdated. Needs an overhaul for what they are charging.

Location was great.

• Double Guest Room

Not being able to open the window, whilst air con is great for cooling (although terrible for global warming), nothing is better then fresh air.

Staff, cleanliness and location.

• Double Guest Room

Booked a double room and was allocated a triple single. Room smelled as though previous guests were smokers. Carpet in room was grubby.

Convenience of location. Receptionist friendly at 3:00am

• Double Guest Room

check in within 5 minutes , room 100 % alarm call ,paper ,10 minutes walk to gate , overall this is an ideal location , food , staff of very high quality .

• Double Guest Room

For the money paid for the room I'd expect at least a complementary bottle of water and maybe some biscuits (There was none).

Great location, a short walk directly from the hotel to departures. There was no noise at all from the airplane which was a surprise considering you are basically at the airport. Comfortable bed.

• Double Guest Room

I stayed at the same hotel a month prior and had a great stay with a larger room that had more amenities, was cleaner, more modern and less expensive to book. I was extremely excited to stay again this time with my partner and was so disappointing

Convent location

• Double Guest Room

The rooms were lovely and comfortable, and there was a nice personalized message on the TV when I arrived which added a nice little touch. The lunch/breakfast buffet options were fantastic.

• Double Deluxe Room

I have never been treated so disgracefully in such an overrated, overpriced hotel who have some of the rudest and totally disrespectful staff that I have ever had the misfortune to come across.

• Twin Guest Room

The room was dirty. We were not given the fully assisted room requested and so no wet room/shower The room was so noisy we heard every aircraft take off/land thus depriving get us of peace and quiet and sleep. The duty manager came to see us and made a goodwill gesture, but we would rather have had a decent room. I've posted a picture of the filthy chair. Hilton is not nearly as good as Premier Inn

Proximity to the airport

• Compact Family Room

The hotel needs a thorough cleaning. The rooms need a bit of TLC, not a lot but the details are what will make it excellent.

I liked the location and quiet rooms. we walked from the south terminal and got a good night's sleep. Breakfast was great with Gluten Free options.

• Double Guest Room

The Concierge desk was unattended for too long.

Very convenient hotel for a traveller using Gatwick airport. Comfortable and check in staff were friendly and helpful. The chef in the restaurant deserves special mention as he went out of his way to provide a meal which accounted for particular dietary requirements - and he was such a gentleman about it!

• Twin Guest Room

Very expensive drinks in bar but probably normal for London or any airport.

Very comfortable bed. Lovely room. Easy access to south terminal. Covered walkway. Early call was exactly on time.

• Double Guest Room

Great location and a convenient stay for south terminal. Pretty much a no thrills hotel - has the Hilton name but not overly impressive so if luxury is what you’re after this isn’t the place.

• Triple Guest Room

we only stayed one night as was on our way back from rome and flight to ireland as early in the morning, so the hotel was in an excellent location for early morning flights. food in restaurant night before was excellent.

• Twin Guest Room

I had trouble finding it compared to the other airport hotels and to get to the hotel was sort of convoluted.

When I checked in early in the morning after a long 26-hour flight from Sydney, I really appreciated them giving me a room straight away so I could rest and take a shower.

• Twin Guest Room

Location was great, just a short walk from airport terminal and train station to London, or elsewhere. Breakfast was excellent, many choices of hot and cold food. Room was comfortable and quiet.

• Triple Guest Room

- Bathroom is dated and not very clean

- It is very close to the London Gatwick airport and you can just walk there - Lobby looks very nice - Check out was fast

• Twin Guest Room

The total disregard for other people that is shown by the few thoughtless, loud and selfish individuals. Those that always slam the doors, shout at each other along the corridor and show no concern towards guests who are trying to sleep.

Efficient, as always. Clean and comfortable as always. A regular choice of hotel whenever we fly out of Gatwick.

• Double Guest Room

Food was dirty, found a old pair of underwear under the bed! Room very old fashioned. Tv was such a bad picture. Bed squeezed. Can here everyone in the coridoor and rooms next to.

The bed was comfy allthogh very noisy. Food service was rather expensive but food was quick and tasty. Stayed here before in the newer part of the hotel which shocked me when i stayed in the older as very old fashioned.

Price of restaurant

Deluxe room is a must very good.Ican see why people would say dated but in the new part it's ok. I did think the restaurant although food extremely good with wide variety 38Gbp for buffet a little steep with glass off wine 12 it's an expensive meal for one in a buffet restaurant.However the question would you stay again .. if had same room in new section definitely.So it's a yes ... Oh Breakfast choice huge.

• Double Guest Room

Bar prices. An electrical storm spiked the alarm system which meant we had to evacuate hotel. Hilton apologised for the inconvenience that was beyond their control?? It is not beyond their control but they have taken the financial decision not to protect their alarm system against this. I lost 3 hours of the night due to evacuation and not able to get back to sleep. Charge top dollar but do not provide top service Hilton.

• Twin Guest Room

There was no food available on Arrival, even though it was open for 15mins after we booked in. That meant we had t go into the airport to get food. Fire alarm went off (annoying in the middle of the night but not the hotels fault) I had booked 2 rooms but they were placed so far apart when the fire alarm went off i was concerned for my daughters at the other end f the hotel.

Bed was very comfy. Room was clean

• Double Guest Room

Run down, dirty and poor quality for the rates. Our first visit was so poor the next visit they offered us an upgrade to the 'executive' suites. Don't waste your money stay anywhere else but here.

• Double Guest Room

Poor really standard has gone down significantly over the years we have gone there. Expected more and sadly Hilton no longer means what it used to. In th eighties this was a super venue for transit custom and it has expanded, changed it's restaurant placement and bar. It has also reduced the front of house staff so that you simply queue for longer having just come off a long haul flight or long car journey. Sadly to stand and wait to be checked in by someone who clearly would prefer to flick through the terminal's internet that check you in is not on my "Things to do in London" list and trapesing through numerous corridors late at night to find a dank and dated room, is not on my list either.

Bed was firm and comfortable. Air con worked.

• Twin Executive Room with Lounge Access

Bed was very comfortable, room was very clean with nice bath. No noise from aircraft. Really close to Crawley so just hopped on a bus which only took ten minutes to get there and the service is really frequent.

• Double Guest Room

Always find hotel room lighting too dark - not that much of a problem, just didn’t put any makeup on!

Fantastic location for an early morning flight. Eat what you like in the restaurant was vary good vale

• Double Guest Room

The room service was cold when it arrived and I don't think the price of the rooms match the service and facilities.

Location to the airport is perfect.

• Double Deluxe Room

Nothing except my sense that it need some TLC.

I liked the location, that they had a bar and restaurant on the premises, as well as a Costas coffee shop. My only remark is that in spite of being well supported and being busy and seeming fully booked the hotel is shabby and in need of updating--thread bare carpeting, wood showing where it shouldn't, carpets in need of a deep cleaning, and in general a sprucing up would make it perfect. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. In spite of being shabby the rooms were comfortable. We took the train--close at hand--to Portsmouth and went to see the Mary Rose and had a fabulous day. We would never have spent the day so well had the location of this hotel not been so ideal for spontaneous travel plans.

• Double Guest Room

Carpet edges looked rough in the hallways & water damage from several bathrooms was easy to see & not expected in a newish building

The glass wing rooms were roomy & quiet

• Triple Guest Room

Tired old block. Elevator doors need servicing as loud and slam. Room smells stale & old, poor lighting, bathroom tired. Not generally to an acceptable standard for a major hotel chain.

• Double Deluxe Room

I expected more considering what we payed - I expected more from the room, seemed a little dated, too warm and the shower was more like a trickle !! Have stayed in other cheaper near by hotels that were better - the location was great which is why we chose this hotel but prob won’t again as don’t feel the cost of the room (without breakfast) was worth the location

Location to airport -

• King Deluxe Family Room

Breakfast was very good Everything you could think of on show the beds were comfortable and we even had our alarm call on time I am a regular customer to the Hilton and i would not stay any where else

• Double Guest Room

Went to the buffet restaurant. Did not know price before hand. Was late at night, around 10pm just before they closed. Food was of poor quality and cold. Yet cost £72 for 2 meals and 2 drinks. Do not mind paying this price for good food but would have had a nicer meal at McDonalds.

Location for Gatwick is amazing. Simplest airport arrival I have ever had.

• Double Guest Room

In a room with a door to next room. Could hear their TV till 1 am. Main purpose of staying there was to have an early night’s sleep as our flight was early morning. Room appeared to lack any sound proofing! Useless!

Very convenient for South Terminal

• Double Deluxe Room

Hotel rooms and upper corridors are quite tired looking. Could not get anything to eat at the bar after 10.30pm, so the only choice was room service.

Good location for South terminal, and Costa Coffee shop is great for the morning.

• Twin Guest Room

If you ever consider traveling via Gatwick airport south terminal this is the best hotel to stay Lots better than the comfort Airport South terminal Can offer

• Twin Guest Room

The bathroom was outdated and the shower in the bath leaked all over the floor even with the shower curtain firmly in place. Check in was slow as many groups were checking in at the same time.

The location was fantastic for access to Gatwick terminal south.

• Double Executive Room with Lounge Access

Room was dated, hotel corridors smelly. I was challenged by a member of staff why I was in the Hilton Honours queue for check in - I am a member. Executive lounge was appallingly bad and definitely NOT worth paying extra for. The garden restaurant was nice but not £26 each nice. No other reason to use other than location. Definitely not Hilton standard.

Location is perfect for valet parking and South Terminal. Room was comfortable.

• Double Deluxe Room

Concierge service, my husband had some questions about transport which they couldn’t answer and made no effort to try and find out. Given they are concierge at an airport hotel I would have thought they’d be across this or at least be able to find out for him.

Everything you’d expect at a Hilton

Browse Hilton London Gatwick Airport traveller photo gallery