Reviews of Hilton London Hyde Park 4 stars

129 Bayswater Road, London, W2 4RJ, United Kingdom

#538 of 977 hotels in London

• Queen Guestroom

Could do with more milk in bedroom.

Great location to Kensington palace also easy to get to central London from tube station which is next door to the hotel.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

breakfast expensive at £16 so that was immediately ruled out.

Great stay, lovely clean hotel with modern facilities. Great location beside Hyde Park. Staff were exceptional and couldnt do enough to help. Special mention to a lovely Italian girl from Sicily who checked us in.

• Queen Guestroom

No free wifi – just a voucher for one hour access, and even this didn't work. Paid internet is not a cheap one, as a room rate as well.

Very nice location to stay – just cross the road and you are in Hyde Park. Easy to access from Paddington railway station. Staff very friendly. Room is clean and tidy.

All good!

This visit was my second at the Hilton Hyde Park. I stayed 20 years ago and this time enjoyed the recent refurbishments. I chose it for its convenient location and had a good room overlooking the park. It is close to everything including the no. 94 bus. The inclusive breakfast was a bonus.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

We were upgraded for our honeymoon and they decorated our bed with folded towels that looked like swans and rose petals! It was a very nice touch :) The location was perfect! Lots within walking distance!

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The customer service manager Sarah was lovely and very helpful she gets 10 out of 10. We were grateful for the loan of an umbrella and after stay luggage storage also.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

On day of departure, cleaner tried to enter room 4 times to service it, on second attempt to enter room, I explained that we were checking out at 12 noon, 20 minutes later she returned, I believe she wanted me to place my “Do Not Disturb” sigh on door, which I hadn’t done, I felt there was no need as we were checking out at 12. On her 4th attempt to enter the room, she pointed to the sign for the door, her English was poor, I placed sign on door to prevent her returning for a 5th time, we checked out of hotel around half an hour later. I assumed staff had lists as to which rooms are checking out so as not to disturb them.

Room was clean, no noise from traffic

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The only downside/disappointment to the room was the noise from the main road. We had a 2nd floor room facing out to the park and over Bayswater Road, and on the Saturday and Sunday, there was quite a bit of traffic noise, even with the "double glazing". It wouldn't put me off from staying here again - it's just something I'd keep in mind.

The tube location is great! You have Queensway and Bayswater within a stones throw from the hotel entrance. Hyde Park is straight across the street and there's a lovely little coffee shop just next door. The room was bigger and brighter than what I expected, however, the bathroom pictures were different to the actual bathroom (no bath). Plug sockets have USB points for charging devices. Windows were a bit tricky to open. Overall - very good!

• Standard Guestroom

I thought the room is too small. No USB point to charge tablets and handphone.

The front desk staff is friendly and very helpful in particular Mr Andrian.

• Deluxe King Guestroom with view

Booked a King Deluxe Room with view of Kensington Gardens for a weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday last weekend. When we checked in, we were given a standard city room with a view of the back of the flats next door and the heating ducts of the hotel. No other King room was available so we had to make do. Staff were very apologetic and we were moved the next day. That night we found a card apologising for the mistake and saying to accept "this bottle of wine", except there was no bottle of wine, only a packet of mints. On checkout, we were refunded the difference on the room price for both nights, which was the least I would expect seeing as it wasn't the one we paid for. Very little tea/ coffee provision - for £210 per night, I expected more than 2 tea bags. We also went into the attached restaurant and thought the service was very poor. Overall it was a very disappointing stay and I think it will be the last time we stay at a Hilton hotel.

• Standard Guestroom

No mini fridge in the room and the fact that the air conditioning was centralized and quite cold in the room until I asked to change the temperature.

Great location, small hotel and nice staff. Clean and spacious rooms.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The noisy small lift that claims to fit 8 people needs an overhaul; it did not inspire confidence. Room was quite small and I expected a bigger size for the price I paid. Hot water was not available on our last day; too late to complain but as compensation they did try to charge me for the water that they promised was free when I joined Hilton Honors. Fridge water was free if I joined, there was no fridge, so I checked if the non-fridge water was free, yes it is. And then on check out said that only fridge water was free, and so it went on. Really? I complain about lack of hot water and you argue about the drinking water. Water is not the issue even if it is over-priced, the principle is, and it tainted our stay. I will think again about booking with a large hotel chain again. There is no fridge in Room 601! And in this day and age Hilton may consider offering free WiFi throughout!

Location was perfect next to Hyde Park. Bed very comfortable. Large flat screen TV. Modern clean bathroom.

• Deluxe King Guestroom

Nothing to be unhappy about - was satisfied with our stay

Staff were very friendly and helpful, breakfast was good especially as we were dealing with a food allergy

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The bathroom in my suite was rather tiny.

I especially liked that the hotel could accommodate my early check-in request. The hotel is in a great location to hop on the tube or a bus and get to anywhere in the city easily.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The staff were friendly, helpful and went above and beyond to make our stay special. We went as a birthday treat and they finished the room with lovely flourishes, a cake and some wine as an extension of their birthday wishes. Breakfast was lovely also.

n/a

Convenient location next to Queensway station; really friendly and helpful staff; nice restaurant attached serving good food at reasonable prices - the 20% discount offered to hotel residents was a real bonus; comprehensive facilities in our room (all in good working order and very clean).

• Standard Guestroom

Service: staff need to look around- heads up! Need to give drinks and nibbles straightaway and then it does not matter if the food comes later when they are pressured. Experienced this when I lived in Italy for 2 separate years.

Lovely, quiet well appointed room. The very pleasant, helpful Italian male Receptionist who was so professional.

We were given quiet rooms which were great....however, one room, 305 was over a large vent of some kind which was noisy all night and so I didn't sleep so well. The room was also a bit small for a double.

Staff were super friendly and helpful, giving a homely, welcoming feel.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

We were very happy with our hotel choice this time! Location was awesome: the hotel is located just around the corner from Queensway station. Situation on the Central line is perfect: just 3 stops from Marble arch and Oxford street's shopping, and straight connection to Holborn/Theaters. Hyde park entrance and city park rental is just in front. Breakfast was good, and also gluten free options were available. But what exceeded our expectations was the staff: super friendly and willing to give advice and help.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Stained curtains, flaky wall paper, tv left on in room from previous occupants plus poor tv reception.

Bed was comfy, complimentary upgrade to king sized bed, friendly staff.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The kettle was in a drawer glued to a tray, with no plug point which made it very awkward to make tea. You could hear the slamming of doors on the first floor.

The bed was very comfy. The view from room 111.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Same breakfast everyday over 6 days. Aircond not working. Uncomfortable bed, ended waking up with neck pains and migraine on 3 days of my 7-day stay.

Accessibility. Queensway and Bayswater stations are close. Hotel is just opposite Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park.

• Standard Guestroom

The only minus I would give is that the drain in our bathroom had a very foul odour. Guess this may be due to drainage issues.

We stayed at this hotel as we were visiting the winter wonderland. Hotel was really nice and amazing. Staff were excellent especially Elena who we met at check in desk who was kind to upgrade us to a bigger room. Breakfast wasn’t bad at all although took long for our toast to come to us and not enough varieties. In summary, I would recommend this hotel to anyone in London

Our room - 818 - was very noisy due to the lift proximity. You can hear the lift clearly from the lounge area and bedroom. The bathroom was very small (for a suite)

The location is superb for Winter Wonderland. It was clean and tidy.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The staff at this hotel, specifically Gabriel at reception, were absolutely brilliant. My girlfriend and I stayed here over the weekend to visit winter wonderland and I emailed prior to my stay about proposing to my girlfriend during our stay. I asked if there was anything they could do to make it extra special and they did not disappoint! Gabriel kept me up to date and even came up with a plan to ensure everything went smoothly and decorated the room for our return. Very happy with our stay.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Rooms small but we expected that.

We were there for a Xmas weekend. It is the ideal location for Hyde Park access, has a tube right next door, and a nice walk to the main streets for shopping. Lovely hotel, small with basic facilities but suited us perfectly. GREAT spread for breakfast too.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Room was cold after speaking to reception she said this would be sorted. I thought the phone had cut off in actually fact she just put the phone down which was rude. I paid £190 for one night stay and I got a cold room, hard bed and view of kitchens. Our train got cancelled on Sunday and had to book in the travel lodge I've got to say this was a Better experience for less than half the price. Wouldn't recommend.

Location was great

• Queen Guestroom

Slow in restaurant not enough staff, my partner standing waiting for hot water at the tea point must of waited more than ten minutes. People going in for breakfast sitting down before staff called them in, and we had been there before them. Staff disorganised.

We were moved to different room after spending two hours in a cold room with no heating. Plus bathroom left unclean. We complained and moved to deluxe bedroom with view over Hyde Park. But two hours wasted it was our anniversary and would of enjoyed taking our time to get ready for our evening out together. But was satisfied with room change.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

It took the hot water a little time to heat up in the morning and it would have been nice to have a room with a park view. Strangely the mini bar was empty.

Excellent location right next to Queensway Tube station and opposite the North Western entrance to Hyde Park. We also received a complimentary room upgrade which was very nice.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

There was zero view from the room - as in I was in the basement with no window in the room. Also there was a staff entrance door close by and the door was constantly slamming.

The staff were nice!

• Grand Superior Room

The room was a family room in the basement. Whilst it was clean with nice furnishings there were no windows and therefore felt oppressive and claustrophobic. i think the website should warn people booking the room that this is a possibility rather than saying there is a possibility of getting a room overlooking Hyde park. This would enable customers to make an informed choice before booking rather than a surprise on arrival. Artificial light only just doesn't do it for me but maybe it would suit some people

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Extremely poor breakfast served in room. Certainly not at all value for money. Coffee was cold and just a cup of it. Also shower tab was blocked.

Very friendly staff, always ready to assist. Nice comfortable and clean room and good location.

• Queen Guestroom

I did ask for an upgraded rooom and did pay for it but I recieved an handicapped room. They told me that I could change next day but I was too tired to pack and change again. They canceled upgrade fee but anyway this was unpleasant. I also found the breakfast not good enough. The room was cold. Aircondition was not enough to make the room warm.

Staff vas very friendly and helpfull. Location is very good. Next to tube and opposite to the Hydepark.

• Deluxe King Guestroom

theres not enough space to move about in the room. the windowa arw not completely sound proof. no free mineral.water provided if you are not silver member and above. breakfast buffer has very limited choice.

its clean, comfortable and convenient.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

There wasn’t a Full English option, menu in room was incorrect (but wasn’t a big deal), bathroom was a little on the snug side

Great location for visiting the RAH, room service came quickly and was delicious.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Husband and daughter liked it all

The pancakes for breakfast .polite staff that changed the room due to wife's illness so needed an extra bed as attended with daughter instead.room was very nice with robes and slippers also a coffee machine

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The room was comfortable - very spacious and had all the basic amenities we required for our stay. The breakfast spread was great. The best part about the hotel is the location - right opposite Hyde park, and on top of the entrance to the tube. Makes it super easy to get around.

• Queen Guestroom

Except for 1 lovely lady when we arrived the rest of the staff we not very efficient & seemed confused all the time.

Breakfast was very good. Lots of variety & delicious. Especially liked their homemade granola. Was worth paying the extra even though there were many breakfast places nearby for much less.

Shabby, dirty. Poorly managed

Terrible hotel. Shabby, very small rooms and tiny bathrooms that are actual water closets. Had bed bugs!!!! Tarnishes the Hilton name. I don't recommend this property to anyone. It is a rip off. They charge 3.95 BP for water. WiFi is slower than slow.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Staff very unapproachable. Asked for coffee for our room, came back with one sachet!!! Terrible drain smell in bathroom which filled room if bathroom door open

• Double Hilton Guestroom

No parking available on site when this is what was requested through booking.com - room was very average for the price paid - expected much better.

The location was great

• Double Hilton Guestroom

See above about car parking

Very warm welcome by Valimir who was excellent. Parking location was not made clear. On the web site the Hotel stated parking was available. This was key requirement for this booking. I made this clear on the booking form The parking was actually at a near by private underground car park. As we arrived at 10.00pm the exit is located in a dark alley and was a cause for concern. The Hotel needs to take more responsibility for giving directions and even consider escorting the customer back to the hotel once the car is parked.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Deluxe King Guestroom

1. The Hotel has many rooms of different sizes in the same category of Deluxe Rooms. Some are much smaller than others although equally priced. 2. They do not allow to warm up food for babies in the room, nor taking the food to warm it for the baby. 3. Breakfast is good but does not change at all. Everyday you have exactly same choices.

Location is excellent. Right in front of Kensington Garden. Beside Queensway Tube station and 2 minutes walk from Baywater Tube Station. In front of the hotel there is a bus station as well. Many shops, cafes, restaurants, are available within minutes of walking.

• Queen Guestroom

There was only free wifi in the public areas of the hotel. Had to pay to get wifi in the room as we were not part of the Hilton Membership club or didn't book direct with the hotel. As of you don't pay enough for the room.

Is in a good location and clean, the choice for breakfast was good.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

veggie sausages at breakfast would have been nice.

Comfy big bed, extra little touch's as it was our wedding anniversary - petals on the beds with towel swans, chocolate cake and a card.

• Queen Guestroom

The room set up was poor ergonomically. The bed took up much of the room between one wall which made it difficult to get around the bed to use the telephone. The television was situated to the left of the bed which made watching it a bit uncomfortable because one would need to crane one's neck or sit up on the side of the bed. The headboard of the bed curved around the bed so laying in bed to watch the television was impossible. (Usually a person prefers to lie in bed to watch T.V.) To correct this particular room, turn the bed 1/4 to the right and place it against the wall farthest from the door. The television could then remain where it is as it has little other place it can go. The telephone could be placed on the desk or it could remain at the bedside. The bathroom was well appointed, however , the shower entry/door was a bit narrow. I am a slightly smaller person than many (5'8, 160 lbs.) and I felt that getting in and out of the shower was a bit tricky. Also, water got onto the bathroom floor no matter how much I tried to aim the water away.

The staff was very friendly overall and a few were especially helpful. The room/hotel was clean.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Concierge.. they need more men as it was awkward to have women in high heels lifting heavy suitcases.

The hotel was located right by Queensway underground station! The Ac in the room was faulty the day we checked in, we complained and our room was changed immediately to a bigger one! Free upgrade and we remained there till we left!

• Deluxe King Guestroom

The room faced into other rooms. I booked for park views. However we arrived 2 hours before check in and were given the first available room so we only waited 20 minutes for the room.

Location to tube and carparking.

• Queen Guestroom

Breakfast Spread could have been much better. Rooms were small especially taken with Queen Bed.

Best part is the location of the property. Bang Opposite Hyde Park and right above the Queensway Tube Station. Notting Hill, Orchard Street all within walking distance...

• Deluxe King Guestroom with view

Everyone was so pleasant, happy and helpful, the hotel was so comfortable and very clean and it was round the corner from the tube station - so easy to go anywhere in London.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

- Hotel is directly across the street from Hyde Park - The tube was literally 20 steps away. - Staff were welcoming and helpful with our questions. - Rooms were clean and spacious

• Double Hilton Guestroom

I don't mind buffet breakfast, but having stayed at other Hilton hotels i much prefer hot fresh tea and coffee served to the table. Having hot flasks of water on the end of the buffet tables was naff. People open the flasks to pour the water and forget to fasten them, then the water goes cold. It may be expected in the Travel Lodge to mess about with water flasks to get your own drink but not the Hilton. This could be improved.

Breakfast was good, room was nice and the bed extra comfy. Bathroom small but practical. I like the Hilton chain, if something is not right, they will get it sorted right away.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Didn't like that I had to pay £100 deposit as wasn't aware of this. We were entitled to free wifi however when clicking on it, it was asking us to pay. This wasn't explained very well it was only after speaking to a second member of staff she said the payment will be cancelled from our bill.

Croissants and pan au chocolates were amazing. The room was modern and had everything you needed, however on the very small side.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Deluxe King Guestroom

Bed could have been softer.

Location was ideal to getting out and about London. The staff was wonderful. They attended to our needs with a smile. Breakfast was the best. Couldn't have asked for a better place to start and end our day.

• Deluxe King Guestroom with view

The hotel has very poor security because there is no CCTV camera at the corridors. Our carry-on luggages' zips are broken and the hotel couldn't provide neither satisfiable nor reasonable investigation for us.

• Deluxe King Guestroom

The bed was uncomfortable, there wasn't a view, the light fuse tripped leaving us in the dark for a while, no towel rail, the building was tired looking.

The location was lovely, staff were very friendly.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Was at the front of the Hotel, and you could hear the traffic through the night, so if you want quiet, go for a bedroom at the rear of the hotel.

The bedroom was light and airy

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Queen Guestroom

Very little added extra luxury considering it is a Hilton hotel. Have stayed in Hilton before and the added extras made all the difference: nothing like that with this hotel.

The breakfast was lovely, fresh and tasty. The staff at breakfast were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Deluxe King Guestroom

Just some stains on the carpet that shows the room is not well kept. Other than that any problem we had with the room was addressed immediately. internet was a bit slow.(you have to be a hilton member to get a free wifi access).

This is our second stay at the same hotel within a year. The location is great just across kensington garden, and bayswater has a lot of eateries that opens late. The hotel is also next to queensway station few stops away from city centre. We got to check in earlier, with a bit of top up. The staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The food of breakfast is the same everyday. Not much choises and feel boring on the food after 2 days stay.

The location is very convenience to reach tube, restaurants and shopping outlets.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Grand Superior Room

It didn't mention anywhere in the booking that this room was in the basement and there were no windows, which I thought was misleading, to be fair though it really wasn't a problem and didn't ruin our experience.

Family room was extremely spacious and comfortable,but the bath was the icing on the cake,it was huge. Although the hotel is right next door to the tube, didn't really hear any noise so well soundproofed. Everyone on reception were lovely and very helpful. Stayed at many hotels in London, this one is definitely my favourite.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Queen Guestroom

The size of the room in this Hilton was small. We had together our first room changed as we were unhappy with the cleanliness.

The location was very good-right beside the underground and opposite Hyde Park.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Road outside very noisy all night. Cars rode over a loose manhole cover that kept me awake. Probably a listed building so can't have double glazing, but double glazed secondary would be a huge help.

Bed comfortable. Bathroom clean and nicely done, if a little small (shower could be more powerful). Great location to the tube.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Deluxe King Guestroom

Booking romantic night for a couple with breakfast should be obvious that breakfast for two is required and not just for one person. Apart of extra cost it was a disappointment

The room was prepared as romantic turndown, it was really nice

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Housekeeper didn't clean well the room and toilet Housekeeper's hair was on the toilet and tissue was wet with water

The reception staff were nice

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Deluxe King Guestroom with view

Seems all rooms didn't work well for me, the 1st one room 506: the heater didn't work; the second one 509 was very small, the last one 319 was something wrong with the electricity, it went off, the whole room, in the night, so I had to bring my baby out from the room.

The care and helpful Gabriel, he found us a room with a better heater after a very cold night in room 506.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Double Hilton Guestroom

the woman who checked us out was rude and cold with poor communication skills

The woman who checked me in was lovely, she was nice enough to give us a free upgrade.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Queen Guestroom

I was asked for a £50 pound refundable deposit which still has not been debited back the my account which it was debited from.

Location of hotel was perfect located next to tube station for easy access to city centre. Will reccommend and book for our next city break.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Staff is excellent. Location is excellent. Breakfast is excellent. Interior and external design is excellent. Rooms are so comfort. Room sight was to Hyde Park. What else? Price versus all said is excellent.

• Queen Guestroom

1. Very small left, it can't fit one family together 2. Poor breakfast, and no change, it's the same everyday 3. Dirty room unpo receiving 4. Not professional house keeping at all. Our rooms were not cleaned probably everyday even after our request, I found hair and dirt every where in the room right after they clean 5. Only one resturant in the premises 6. Not friendly hotel at all 7. I don't recommend it for any body accompanied with even only 1 kid; totally boring 8. We had an accident where the staff didn't know how to deal with at all because the lack of profeessionality ( my 3 years old girl had accidintly scribbled 4 or 5 lines with the hotel blue pen on a lethere chaire; which difinitly can be removed with a 1 dollar detergent, but the hotel harshly charged us the whole cost of the chair which equal to 2 might stay I. This hotel!!!😱 Just because the house keeping team didn't know how to remove it!!!!!!!! Now we are not talking about money here, we are talking about being professional in your job, what I mean; when you are not able to deliver good job to your customer and clean his room for ten days just nicely, you can't come and ask him for this expensive charge for little scribble!!! Absolute madness 9. Very small reception 10. Stairs to get to the resturant which make it dangerous for small ones 11. It's absolutely, difinitly 100% not suitable for kids or families 12. Either big room with very small bathroom or small room with big bathroom 13. Poor connection between the hotel and Booking.com; we had requests 2 connected rooms and the checked us in 2 seprate rooms divided by 2 other rooms!!! This disturbed our family routine and schedual as my husband and I had to stay separated I was with 2 kids and my husband with the other 2 right after long hitic flight!!!

Asolutly, nothing.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Room were quite small but adequate.

Fantastic location. Right across the road from Hyde Park, close to 2 tube stations - Bayswater and Queensway. We were upgraded for free as we were on honeymoon!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Double Hilton Guestroom

No wifi at that price really poor .. a bill under door. For room service ... and a phone call to come own from my room to pay ..never in my life has that happ .. wasn't impressed we won't be back at was expensive but quite unprofessional ...

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Double Hilton Guestroom

There is no storage room for bags. I stayed 2 days and left to Lisbon and wish to come back later ( 5 days) i was told no storage

Everything what u would have expected when booking

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Double Hilton Guestroom

VIEW.....Room 224...scaffolding from one window and weeds in pots accompanied by drain pipes from the other....however, we lived with this as it was shortest days of the year and dark most of the time so not much to see anyway, but would like to have known beforehand.

Location, staff, cleanliness, facilities in the room. We were there for access to most things LONDON in this area but in particular, Winter Wonderland which was fantastic, as was it's security, cleanliness and presentation. Well done London!

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Double Hilton Guestroom

You had to pay an extra deposit when you got to the hotel. Even though you got this back it I wasn't informed about it till I get there.

How friendly and helpful the staff were. Also the location as it was only a 20 minute walk to winter wonderland and Queensway tube station was literally a 20 second walk so Oxford street and shopping was easily assessable.

Browse Hilton London Hyde Park traveller photo gallery