Reviews of Hilton London Angel Islington 4 stars

53 Upper Street, Islington, London, N1 0UY, United Kingdom

#224 of 977 hotels in London

The location is perfect
    • Double Superior Room

Cleanliness the house keepkeer doesn’t really clean the bathroom just wipe and you can still see the stains and a lot of dust on the lamp and on the tv we stayed there for 4 nights!

The location is perfect

Dependable and comfortable as you would expect from Hilton, but some areas for improvement.
    • King Executive Room with Lounge Access

For a Hilton, this one is looking a bit tired. Only one of the two lifts was operating for the whole of our 7 night stay (although only once did this cause a real delay). No porter service on arrival so we had to carry our bags inside and up in the lift to the room. Executive Lounge was weak - air conditioning did not work so the room was hot and stuffy, it is a glass fish bowl next to reception so no privacy, and the only drinks were tea, coffee, beer, wine, coke and lemonade. No spirits, juices, other soft drinks, tonic water etc.

Well located to Islington and close to the Underground. Staff very responsive - provided an adapter within minutes of phoning reception, printed some documents and scanned them for us at no charge etc. Room was spacious. Nice to have a bath as well as a shower (executive king room).

we chose this hotel for its location which did not...
    • Double Guest Room

rather simple for a hilton

we chose this hotel for its location which did not disappoint as islington is an interesting area to be in for a change. there were limited facilities at this hilton but that is not what we were here for.

Very very disappointed, would never stay there again.
    • Double Guest Room

Cleanliness, or should I say the lack of it! The room was never cleaned properly during our stay, the bathroom was disgusting. Lost count of the number of times we had to call reception for basic items like face towels, spoons, glasses, etc. etc.

It was ideally located for me to travel North for a day to see a sick relative.

The coffee!

It's a great place to explore London fron, near the centre with good public transport links, but also in vibrant Islington which has plenty of places to eat and drink and beautiful streets of Georgian terraced housing to wander along.. Quiet at night in my room too.

Nice but not as perfect as it should have been
    • Double Guest Room

This top (4) level room should not be sold full price, as it was the worst Hilton that I ever slept. Curtains did not close properly so that the neon lights shone in all night. If I would have stayed another night I would definitely have requested another room.

Location in London area Angel is perfect for lazy trips. Breakfast was good Hilton quality. Bed and shower were good.

Very good location and rooms nice, clean and modern
    • Double Guest Room

So on arrival I payed for my stay in full on my card, I checked later that day and the payment had gone out my bank twice which when I asked was told that’s the policy but knowone had told me this on booking In and as a result it affected the things I could do while I was staying in London . Very disappointed.

Very good location and rooms nice, clean and modern

Location close to Angel undergrouns station (5 min walk),...
    • Double Guest Room

Found it a bit overpized for other hotels in the same area

Location close to Angel undergrouns station (5 min walk), many buses to the center of the city and many options of restaurants around

Over priced
    • Double Guest Room

It's an over priced hotel, you get very little for your money, staff are OK, Bed is very hard, even with a mattress topper. I asked for the pillow and duvet to be changed has Im allergic to features, eventually a member of staff did come, walked into our room and just dropped it on the bed and walked out, didn't take old duvet away or help change it over.

Very clean hotel

fun, comfortable, and easy walking distance with lots of nightlife around you to keep you entertaine
    • Double Guest Room

great location from the station, it was perfect for the purpose of my stay has I was on a hen party, the room was a great size very comfortable and loved the shower room. bonus it had a fridge in the room to keep my drinks cold! and thank you for having my room ready for midday which I asked in advance.

Very comfortable and enjoyable experience
    • Double Superior Room

From the time we arrived the staff were very attentive and were able to help us with anything we require. Breakfast was excellent everything you could wish for and the staff went above and beyond assisting our needs Many thanks

Potentially a great hotel but needs a bit more attention to detail
    • Double Guest Room

Stained carpet, Mould marks on the bathroom ceiling, Minor cleaning issues (shower cabin door, mirrors, e.t.c.)

Location and its neighbourhood, Breakfast, Complementary water and a small bottle of wine, In-room facilities

Hotel served us very well for our brief stay.
    • Twin Guest Room

Safe was not working on arrival. Only one working lift when we were there and the "voice" in the working lift announcing floors etc was almost inaudible.

Breakfast was very good. Located in heart of Angel Islington so lots of places to eat, shops and banks etc ; also near King's Cross Station/ St Pancras International . Good and effective air conditioning in the room. Very comfortable bed and good spacious bathroom. Good clothes /unpacking storage. Taxi rank just outside and tube very near.

very good overall.
    • Double Guest Room

Only one clean towel left in our room and no bath mat.

Breakfast very good. Staff very helpful and friendly. Reception staff very helpful in booking a taxi for us.

I hope our experience does not reflect the general standard of the Hilton Hotel chain.
    • Twin Guest Room

The hotel must be terribly short of staff. Our room had not been properly done up when we checked in. There were no cups in the bathroom for brushing teeth. We tried to reach the Reception and Housekeeping many times by phone to get the missing towels and hairdryer but the lines were not manned. In the end, we had to go down to the Reception Desk to pick up these items ourselves. However, I must say that Mr Cooper at the front desk was very helpful. Although his name tag says Concierge, he was the one who actually checked us in and seemed to be acting many rolls.

I am impressed by the atmosphere in the neighborhood, e.g. the little shops and nice restaurants. Wish we had stayed a couple of days more to add to our experience.

Great location, friendly staff, comfy bed!
    • Double Superior Room

The only moan I have is that the cold tap lever came off in my hand in the bathroom. Otherwise no problems.

The location was perfect for what we needed, the room was spacious and clean and comfortable.

Location and comfortable room.
    • Double Superior Room

Stayed 3 times within 3 weeks. Last stay unfortunately found hair in bathroom, room not serviced and issues at check out with billing. First two stays had no issues.

Location and comfortable room.

Excellent location whether for local or City activities.
    • Double Guest Room

Over priced as are all London hotels if you just want a night's sleep.

Excellent location whether for local or City activities. Convenient for tube, bus or even a walk to the city. Very comfortable bed and good air conditioning.

The Hilton brand is in decline.
    • King Executive Suite with Lounge Access

Exec lounge is was terrible. Too small and was like a goldfish bowl. On view for everybody to see. Poorly stocked items in room and not replenished. No hairdryer. Air conditioning leaked and no maintenance staff working on Sunday to fix it. Lack of reception staff. Kept ringing reception and nobody picked up. Sofa bed really uncomfortable. Asked staff 3 times for a high chair before somebody brought one at breakfast.

The location is very good. Staff very polite.

Good Place to stay when visiting London and the London Stadium
    • Twin Superior Room

Bath was a bit narrow- hip hugger. But the shower was excellent

Good location for getting around London- used as a base to visit the Stratford stadium and shopping in Oxford Street. Hotel a short walk from Angel Tube Station. Plenty of restaurants for eating out. Breakfast was very good at Hotel. Staff were polite and helpful. Would use again.

My hotel of choice in London
    • Double Guest Room

The lighting in the room was a bit complicated.

The staff were so warm and helpful, loved them all. Food choices were great (I'm a vegetarian and sometimes they aren't many choices). Bed I thought would be uncomfortable as it was hard but in fact it was perfect. Room lovely and clean. Very impressed, it's now my hotel of choice when I come to London.

Very good
    • Double Guest Room

One of the staff members wasn't the most friendly, probably didn't have a good day ...or life.

The location of the Hotel was great for what we needed, the cleanliness was very good and so was the comfort of the room

Ideal location (we were exhibiting next door) and the staff...

It said we could cancel rooms up to a couple of days before the stay but when we went to remove one night from the complete booking it worked out more expensive overall so we kept the additional night. You should have the ability to do this and not have to pay a premium for the privilege.

Ideal location (we were exhibiting next door) and the staff were really helpful and friendly. The rooms were lovely and the beds were very comfy!

Enjoyable stay with very pleasant staff and excellent location for conference and social activities.
    • Double Guest Room

Bathroom sink sprayed due to plug position - small detail but very annoying. Noisy bed springs. Would be nice to have some complementary bottled water in the room.

Good breakfast, quiet room.

Embarrassment for the Hilton brand. More like roadside motel. Terrible value for money.
    • King Executive Room with Lounge Access

The hotel was an embarrassment to the Hilton brand in every way - quality, decor, cleanliness, staff, executive lounge and value for money. Zero effort by staff to provide a comfortable environment for the discerning traveller who is familiar with Hilton and relies on the brand to deliver a predictable and high standard environment. This hotel should be de-branded from Hilton.

The constant internet was the only good thing.

location great , room was nice enough although a bit pricey...
    • Double Guest Room

check in staff were miserable , when we got there two staff were chating and two more were dealing with one customer , finally the staff chatting realised we were waiting and one moved away , the one that dealt with us didn't say good afternoon , just said name , then looked at her computer and went name again even though we gave it the first time, she said we were early(2.45) we went ok then she said the rooms ready haha , she checked us in with no smile,then we got to the room and the door didn't work , came back and saw a man who was suspicious of me,i felt like I was being interrogated , finally it turns out because the first staff hadn't taken the payment that's why the door didn't work , he took the payment and gave me a begrudging apology , your staff need a customer service review

location great , room was nice enough although a bit pricey and no water in the room, the lighting system is a bit odd, you have to keep a main switch on to make the other lights work

Excellent pity about bar I ate and drank elsewhere all weekend.
    • Twin Guest Room

The bar had only Guinness & Cider on tap both lager beers were not available very poor on a warm weekend. Had one bottle of Heineken @ 4.75 and went elsewhere for a beer and food.

The ladies working on reception were top class, extremely nice and professional.

expected a lot more for £275 per night!
    • Twin Superior Room

We stayed in a twin room,my friend found a used sock in her bed! the breakfast service was poor,the food was only lukewarm,very poor value for £15! When one of our party arrived,she was asked by one of the bar staff team if she wanted him to take her case,she was not given a receipt and when we returned to the hotel to get readyfor our night out,she spent 30 mins looking for her case.The result was she only had 10 minutes to get ready. Check out was really slow.

the bed was very comfortable and the en suite bathroom was large and well appointed but the bath towels had a strange smell.

Good for the night.
    • Double Guest Room

I didn't like the fact that after almost four hours travel and being hot and bothered to getting to my room to find that my key wasn't working in the door which means I had to drag myself with bags back down to the reception to get it re activated, the staff member didn't seem best pleased for some reason and didn't even bother speaking. Once in the room there was a weird smell coming from the room, sort of musky, I didn't complain however as for this trip I had a heavy cold and only when airways were clear I could smell the room. At breakfast the food was medicore, luke warm and dried out, also when leaving my table to get breakfast I on return I found my whole table had been cleared even. When I addressed this with the waitress she didn't say anything and slammed down the teapot and walked away.

I did like the comfort of the room, the bed was cosy and had a good nights sleep while there, in the morning the reception staff were lovely at check out and kindly ordered a taxi for me and placed my luggage to one side when it came to leaving for a few hours to complete what I needed to do. The bar staff member when I returned was exceptional and couldn't rate her high enough, she is a real credit however I cannot remember her name.

It served a purpose. Room service was not a luxury and travelling alone felt uncomfortable.
    • Double Guest Room

Couldn’t get hold on anyone when I called room service, had to go to reception to order my supper, which came over an hour later and wasn’t stone cold. There was 2 staff - one running the bar which ran out of wine and glasses. The staff were rushed off their feet. I also didn’t have enough milk, tea or wash items in my room were half empty.

Hotel room was quiet and clean. Staff did their best as hotel was full for the conference I attended.

Enjoyable, would use again
    • Twin Guest Room

My key initially didn’t work and I had to go all the way back to reception to get it activated ( whilst dragging my case )

Beds were roomy and very comfortable

Excellent location, fantastic hotel, very attentive staff, very clean.
    • Double Superior Room

Room had everything you could ask for. Rain shower was very powerful and could have stayed under it all day. Bed was very comfy, nice solid mattress. Will book again very soon.

Very friendly and comfortable hotel.
    • Double Superior Room

The cleaning of our room had been overlooked, or not cleaned thoroughly. There were marks on my bedside unit and sticky marks on the bathroom surface. Not enough tea and sugar .

The room and bathroom were a good size, with a very comfortable bed. Complimentary water and wine were a nice touch and appreciated. The Restaurant staff were very kind.

We only booked one night but it was very enjoyable and we would go there again.
    • Double Guest Room

The shower was the most powerful I have been in and the bed very comfy. The breakfast was a good choice of food and the staff very helpful and polite.

Great would go back.
    • Double Guest Room

As you are staying in the hotel overnight it would be great if the car parking was slightly cheaper we stayed less than 24hrs and it cost £38 and that was with a discount.

Fabulous location close to all local amenities. Carpark under the hotel with discounted guest rates. Lovely outside seating area in the sunshine. Staff on reception very friendly and helpful. Islington is a great place to visit very vibrant. Fresh airy rooms with good toiletries and Iron and ironing board.

Pleasant and comfortable place to stay.
    • King Executive Room with Lounge Access

Bed was very comfortable, room was large, clean and well provisioned. The TV was a decent size, the bathroom was very nice. The hotel was quiet and we weren't disturbed during the night. We paid for the upgrade and were glad we did. Breakfast was particularly nice. All the staff were fantastic.

Good, easily accessible, but mean not to include breakfast in the price.
    • Double Guest Room

Seemed odd that the fridge was empty. Does the Hilton no longer stock minibars, or did this reflect the status of our booking? Reception took a swipe of my credit card on check in. And although I don't expect a room in central London to be cheap, it seemed pretty mean that breakfast was not included in the price. Oh, and the myriad of switches makes the lighting confusing!

The room was pleasant, in a sharp-edged, executive way. And the parking, given that this was central London, was reasonably priced and convenient. The accessibility of this hotel is a big plus.

Ok but probably would look elsewhere next time.
    • Twin Guest Room

Check in could be a lot better, didn’t seem to know anything and went to a colleague twice for what seemed to be no reason. Was advised nothing about the hotel or amenities. Just sign here and come back in 25 minutes as your room isn’t ready! very poor first impression. Also the bathroom needed the mirror fixing and also the bottom of the door. This is a 4star property so should be presented well.

Location was fine and comfy bed.

Quality and comfort with a smile
    • Twin Guest Room

Minor point - breakfast area too air conditioned and some seating is low for tables but that’s probably a personal thing.

Friendly smiley efficient staff from moment we walked through door until we left, comfy bed with lots of pillows and good quality bedding, clean, our room was in a lovely quiet location of the building. An upgrade 😀 was a nice touch. Great staff in the breakfast area. Although breakfast time ended they left us to chat at the table.

Great location, first class accommodation.
    • Double Guest Room

When we arrived the parking barrier was damaged and we couldn't get into the car park. Staff arrived to remedy the problem but it did make us late for our appointment .

We booked this purely because of location to venues . We were attending an event in Union Chapel, a short walk up the road. Lots of independent bistros and cafes on route , just perfect and will be top of our list for further events. Beds were very very firm, but room was quiet and comfortable.

Lovely room but no WiFi
    • Double Guest Room

WiFi in the room didn’t work very annoying , had someone up to look at it but they couldn’t fix it Staying again in April really hope the problem sorted!

Good hotel, good location
    • Twin Guest Room

Some of the reception staff could use a little people skills training - not rude but not as polite as they might have been. In sharp contrast to some of their colleagues who couldn't have been more helpful.

Room was excellent, clean and comfortable. Shower was superb!

Perfect Stay
    • Double Guest Room

Staff were friendly and welcoming at reception and the room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was gorgeous and there was lots of choice. Would definitely stay again.

Staff offered a blanket whilst sitting in reception late at...
    • Double Guest Room

Not told to update my door key when requested an extra hour before departure so unable to access my room ten minutes after original departure time but 50 minutes before extended time.

Staff offered a blanket whilst sitting in reception late at night (having a drink from the bar) as it was so cold outside with snow on the ground.

Poor and unfortunate start to what should have been a decent stay.
    • Double Superior Room

I hope this isn't the norm. See, regrettably when we arrived their "system was down" this meant an extra-long wait at reception, followed by filling out a lot of paper forms because my checkin details weren't accessible (not cool after a long and exhausting journey when you just want to collapse) and worst of all...no KEY! The staff had to let us in and out of our rooms which meant more waiting when returning from dinner as they worked to try and get their seemingly skeleton staff to run around letting people into their rooms - the staff offered a meagre apology at the point of check-in, but nothing thereafter (also not cool), but frankly it meant the entire stay was tainted by this terrible start.

A complimentary half-bottle of Shiraz was a welcome touch to the room. I really loved the desk lamp (wanted to pinch it haha!) and the decor overall was clean, stylish and modern.

A comfortable stay in a great location
    • Twin Guest Room

It was expensive for one night but competitive with other London prices

It was very comfortable, clean and quiet. Everything that I needed was in the room and the location is excellent.

Poor standards in cleanliness and comfort but location good
    • Double Superior Room

Cleanliness disgusting dust carpets dirty bathroom not cleaned properly and complimentary drinks not in room for a Hilton hotel you would expect better as premier inn rooms are cleaner and beds comfier than this in all very poor

The room was dirty rubbish left from previous guest on bedside table behind phone bathroom outside shower door rim mould starting and carpets dirty bathroom mirror had been cleaned with a towel no complimentary water or wine in room had to ask twice only good thing was location.

Great Location for price paid
    • Double Guest Room

The hotel presents itself as a business hotel. The handle on the front door was broken or loose every day. Lobby could have had more seating. There were seats in total for 7 people. The lobby area in general was the smallest I have ever seen, even with other lesser properties.

The location was so convenient to everything. It was easy to take trains from airport. Lots of great dining and little shops nearby. Just a short underground ride to everything and a great value compared to hotels in other locations.

Superb - an exemplar for the hospitality industry ☺
    • Double Guest Room

Exceptional - this is what hotels should to be like - From the moment I arrived the staff could not have been more courteous and helpful. The facilities were first class, food excellent - particularly breakfast - and there was always a bit of a buzz around the bar, which was warm and welcoming. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and have already recommended this hotel to several of my friends and colleagues. I'll certainly be returning.

Great and comfortable hotel in the heart of Islington
    • Twin Guest Room

The mini-bar was empty - not really an issue as we were using the fridge but it would have been nice to have the option of some soft drinks. I didn't like the low quality tea/coffee amenities in the room - I'd expect more from the Hilton - at least some fresh milk!

The beds were very comfy, the room was spacious considering the central location and the shower was excellent.

Good overall , ideal location for 02 Academy , tube and central London. Room for some improvements .
    • Double Guest Room

Bed wasn’t the best , and the pillows were useless. Heating was a bit underwhelming , took ages to heat up. Service charge for taking drinks to our room.

Good breakfast selection , location to O2 Academy , shower was ideal and very warm with good water pressure. Good selection of drink and competitive prices . Fridge facility handy . Room service food was lovely . TV facilities were decent , but don’t like that hotels try and prevent using HDMI ports , ie laptop use ? Just press the 0 key for it to work .

Would stay here again.
    • Double Guest Room

Bit pricey for what it was but it is London.

Very nice, helpful staff on reception and in restaurant. Room quite spacious, comfortable and very clean. Breakfast was good.

The staff were really friendly and professional.
    • Double Superior Room

Bathroom - ran a bath and went to let out some excess water to top up and the bath water filled with short hairs which I can only assume had been blocking the plug hole - complained later but was not offered any refund at all - was told I should have got someone straight away - the reason I didnt was that I did not want to alert my friend as it was a special occasion for her and ddnt want to ruin it and we were running late . I was astonished that a hotel of this calibre did not do more for me . I am really upset. I hate complaining and I am only posting this in view of the fact that the hotel did not help me with my complaint I wish now that I had not complained at all as getting this response has made it worse. I am shocked they think it was ok for me to pay the money that I did for this.

The staff were really friendly and professional. The fact that my complaint was dealt with in this way I think is down more to the company policy. The bed was good and was offered a late checkout for no extra cost

I stay was in Feb-11-13th 2018.
    • Double Guest Room

The duvet flat and not warm. Considering it's winter?! But bed very comfortable. Did not like the 'green mushy peas with my fish.. Very dry not the way I do them! :)

I stay was in Feb-11-13th 2018. The staff at reception were very polite, professional and helpful. 'Holly' helped me with a more suitable room and Nicola on my last day. The reception staff in general were great and room service very helpful. Enjoyed 'fish, for dinner. Brekky( breakfast) was ok. In all relaxing stay and will definitely go back!

Fantastic
    • King Executive Room with Lounge Access

The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating, everything was easy from check in to check out. The room was modern, spacious and very clean.

Has its good and bad
    • Double Guest Room

Room not quite the size I am used to from a Hilton and was either too cold or too hot. Only a problem in winter.

Location is great, facilities were good. Room was good and had everthing you need. Will definitely be using again.

wouldnt stay again
    • King Executive Room with Lounge Access

I didn’t like the mini fridge wasn’t full we stayed in the Hilton because we wanted the best 😫£200 a night for a standard room no breakfast in that price , there was blood on the seating area and the bed was way to hard very uncomfortable

The breakfast was amazing and the shower was perfect

Big disappointment :-( !!!
    • Double Superior Room

Housekeeping is just terrable! I would never expect to have ripped duvet cover in Hilton hotel! I arrived in the evening, due to jet lag went to bed early as per UK time, and I realized that I have ripped duvet cover! As was super tired, I just flipped it other side and decided that will manage one night. Next day imagine my surprise, when I came back to the hotel in the evening, after the day full of meetings, again exhausted of jet lag went to my bed, and the duvet cover was not changed! They just flipped it again other side! Again I was super tired and sick, and wearing my pajamas and didn’t have power to wait when someone will come to change it! Only on the next day when I already left message on the duvet cover it was changed! But it’s just unacceptable, even in 2-3* hotels I believe you would not find ripped bedsheets or duvet covers, and here we are talking about Hilton Hotel chain!!!! On the last day, at 8:30 am housekeeping knocked the door for the cleaning! Yes, I didn’t put do not disturb sign but still, it’s too early to knock the door! I asked her to come back around 10-11 am, but again at 9:30 am housekeeping knocked the door. And I was already on the way to open the door, and to reach from bed to the door it’s just 30 seconds maximum, but housekeeping even didn’t wait for the reply and after one knock started to open the door! As per hotel standard housekeeping should knock 2-3 times, to wait and only if no reply to open the door! Plus the bed is too hard!!!

Location is great, walking distance to metro station, lots of cafes/restaurants next to the hotel!

A very comfortable hotel in a nice area of London.
    • Double Guest Room

A very comfortable hotel in a nice area of London. The staff are great. Fátima at the reception desk goes out of her way to ensure you feel at home. The rooms are quiet and spacious. Breakfast is excellent. I will certainly come back.

Suited our purposes very well.
    • Twin Guest Room

Better instructions on air conditioning / heating.

Room extremely satisfactory and comfortable. It was very nice having the little kettle. More milk would be desirable. Very convenient location.

I’ve stayed at this hotel 6 or 7 times now and always have a...
    • Double Superior Room

I’ve stayed at this hotel 6 or 7 times now and always have a good stay. It’s in an ideal location within Islington, bars restaurants close by. Staff always seem to be up for helping guests. Hotel is clean and tidy as it should be.

Fantastic city centre hotel.
    • Double Guest Room

The decor inside is a bit dated and the views at the back of the property not the most aesthetically pleasing.

Fantastically located in Angel right off the main high street. The room was exactly as you would expect from a hilton. Staff were extremely friendly even offering us a January health shot at breakfast and changing our room type to suit our needs. The staff definitely give this place an added edge - fantastic service.

I would not stay there again, not because of the room, but because of the hotel itself.
    • King Executive Suite with Lounge Access

While the room was fabulous, the foyer awful and the executive lounge was also awful. It was like a fishbowl with no privacy.

The room itself was fabulous as it was newly refurbished.

Rubbish
    • Double Guest Room

When checking in we was so unhappy with the so-called manager speaking to us like dirt a very rude woman unpleasant not helpful and I was very shocked when I asked to speak to a manager and she said she was! Check the picture to see how warm and welcoming her face was!!!! The bed was rock hard killed my back

The shower that’s about all breakfast was average

Excellent location for a night out
    • Double Guest Room

The photos on booking.com website needs to show customers what the rooms actually look like not a zoomed in picture of a lamp or the foyer

Very cosy and perfect location for a night out. Room was very spacious for just 1 night

Long Weekend in London
    • Two Double Bed Guest Room

Poor check in and took forever! Taxis have to wait for the barrier to be lifted and at night it is always an effort for the reception to response to the taxis call. A food tray from another room was left uncollected from outside their room for over 36 hours- so unhygienic,health and disease risk and a safety hazard for visually Impared guests and also most unsightly to othe guests to see half eaten decaying food

The room is of an acceptable standard. Hotel near tube station.

Not impressed
    • Double Guest Room

Cleanliness specially in the bathroom, cleaner opened my bedroom door at 9am without checking with reception if I had vacated the room or not... I stayed at Doubletree Hilton in Islington recently and I think I was expecting the same standards... big mistake

Overall excellent
    • Two Double Bed Guest Room

parking was a bit expensive ,,, hotel should have offered free parking included in the package.

Room was reasonably good sized for the family with two little ones and well managed. Location was excellent.

The diverse choice for breakfast and the freshly brewed...
    • Double Guest Room

The heater does not get hot enough

The diverse choice for breakfast and the freshly brewed coffee Staff are always willing to accommodate for you Good quality of toiletries

Checked into our room and the room key didn’t work and we...
    • Double Guest Room

Checked into our room and the room key didn’t work and we were in a rush. Had to go back down to reception for them to come back up to fix the key. Finally got into the room and it smelt very strongly of cigarettes, which I find completely unacceptable and disgusting. We then had to change rooms which meant we had to wait longer. The second room was fine but the whole process wasn’t up to standard for the price of staying at a Hilton Hotel.

It was nice nothing going on on New Year’s Eve which was a bit disappointing
    • Double Guest Room

The parking is ridiculous at the rate of room parking should be included, you sell budvar and not Budweiser small bar area for big hotel

staff and room were nice

Fantastic location and hotel, would stop again for the Angel Comedy Club !
    • Twin Guest Room

Some parts of our room (Room 252) were untidy, such as a hole in the carpet near the bathroom door.

The location was amazing! Would recommend checking out the Angel Comedy Club at the Camden House near by, Its free and made my night.

Great location for Sadlers Wells
    • Double Superior Room

Ease of booking in at reception. Comfortable room with excellent shower. A little noisy a night time with coming and going of guests, so room not that sound proof. Ample hanging/drawer space for clothes. Excellent location for Saddlers Wells and a variety of restaurants and pubs.

Easy access to tube station, comfortable rooms good customer service by some staff.
    • Double Guest Room

More vegetarian variety for breakfast would have been excellent.

One member of staff Holly Shepard was absolutely brilliant she was so understanding and treating us like royalty.

excellent hotel
    • Double Guest Room

My one negative comment is that I really dislike being allocated a room where there is an interconnecting door to the next room. I don't understand why hotels do this when you are a lone traveller. Although the doors are locked it always makes me uneasy. Really not necessary when the hotel was not busy

really high standard of customer service and cleanliness. Very comfortable bed

Browse Hilton London Angel Islington traveller photo gallery