Reviews of Hilton London Kensington Hotel 4 stars

Holland Park Avenue, Kensington and Chelsea, London, W11 4UL, United Kingdom

#583 of 977 hotels in London

6.2

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

Room overall quality is poor; beds are noisy and remind me sleeping in a 16th Century Castle. Mattress too soft so are the pillows - for the price I paid it is not worth it. Bathroom shower facility is dangerous... I am puzzled that a Hilton Hotel ( I am an Honors club member ) double tree standard is above yours. I am sorry if I sound too direct but I am truthfull and I have been staying is many hotels including Hiltons’ and double Tree; At a Kensington location its a poor experience. Disspaoined hotel guest!

Friendly reception staff..

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff. The person who checked us in was abrupt, he gave no guidance as to what floor we were on, where our room was located, where breakfast would be held … The room. Dated. Unclear as to where the 4 star rating applies. No full length mirror. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. The room safe was too high up in the wardrobe. Breakfast. No clear signage as to where hot water was for tea, crockery for cereal. Staff showed you to a table and then you were left to your own devices. This hotel does not reflect the Hilton brand.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Anybody who is allocated room 4039 avoid it like the plague.The room was small and cramped if it hadn’t a so called double bed u would think it was a single.The bathroom was a disgrace the shower was small anybody with a large frame u have no chance of getting in.The bathroom door was a sliding door which was a old piece of wood painted emulation so the decor in the bathroom was a absolute disgrace one of the light switches was hanging of the wall so all in all the room was filthy and a absolute disgrace.I paid £466 for 3 nights so I managed to get back £93 so overall I will not be staying at this hotel ever again

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Saturday night just after 1.30 fire alarm went off. Woken from a deep sleep was really unnerving, old people and people carrying children all trying to negotiate stair well. Seemed to be very little organisation a case of follow the leader to find one member of staff shouting inaudibley, no explation or apology was ever given , eventually back in bed cold and worried for an hour before I got back to sleep ,

Rooms good size , comfy , good towels ,robes slippers shampoo etc , on main road floor 5 but very peaceful , breakfast is excellent , reception and bar staff very friendly , right on a bus stop with regular bus service very easy to use.

• Executive Twin Room with Lounge Access

Dated infrastructure, cramped rooms (but its central London), step in bath tub shower. old and in need of TLC revamp Restaurant tight and limited windows for ambiance, noisy canteen like, staff indifferent in the morning restaurant. Club lounge quieter, more attentive staff but obviously more limited choice.

staff friendly and supportive, business club lounge staff positive and food and drink plentiful but somewhat limited variance.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Two elevators were not working and there was a permanent queue for the rest. Toilet flush was poor and was splattering all the time. There was a mold on a shower hose.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

It was my girlfriend's birthday the week before, and for her present I booked us a weekend away in London which fell perfectly on the day of our anniversary. On arrival, at the reception desk, I spoke to girl called Sharleen, I think it was, and she was really friendly. She upgraded us to an executive room with all It's privileges, including free access to the executive lounge, which included complimentary breakfast, and drinks and canapes in the afternoon. There was also a slice of chocolate cake with a happy birthday note in the room for my girlfriend when we got to the room. The room was very nice and clean, and we had everything we needed in there. Would definitely go again.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

I wouldn’t say it’s a Hilton hotel. It’s a pretty old hotel, a little smelly and they were doing work on our level. We also had to get our Air conditioning fixed as it stopped working.

The breakfast was nice. The hotel is near Shepard’s Bush Station and Westfields.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Pillows were not firm enough. Light to mirror in bathroom did not work. Decoration to hallway needed attention. Cleaner made a lot of noise in corridoor at 07:30 ish on Sunday morning.

Upgrade the room if you can afford it. Parking well worth it for piece of mind. Excellent location for travel around London. Staff at breakfast in members room very helpful.

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

We had a very comfortable stay last week however the bathroom needed a new bath, all flaky. We upgraded to the executive lounge, we thought this should be a lot nicer, it is pretty basic. Bottles of water should be free.

The foyer was lovely.Location great

• Deluxe Twin Room

The room is really small and old, it is nothing like a Hilton hotel.

The bed is comfortable and the location is really good, very close to a big shopping mall

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Room was very small, bathroom door was a sliding piece of wood with no lock, 5th floor view of the air conditioning system, two bulbs in the light didn't work, bathroom was travelodge standard (just!) and not very clean, no plugpoint near the bed so couldn't plug in phone charger.

Breakfast at £15 was very good, in a nice leafy road, 30 mins walk from Kensington High Street and 7 minutes walk from Holland Park tube station.

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed was very uncomfortable and rickety. Was ok for one night but wouldn’t fancy a 2nd night.

Good location and pleasant staff at the bar/reception.

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

Bedrooms were well equipped with iron/ironing board and hairdryer, plenty of hangers. Only 5 minutes walk to Shepherd's Bush tube or a nice 15/20 min stroll to Holland's Park and Notting Hill Gate (we got a black cab one night and that was only £6/7 too. Lovely area within reach of coffee shops/deli's/chemist etc....

• Double Hilton Guestroom

We turned up fro breakfast at 10 to 10 and felt we were a nuisance as breakfast apparently closed at 10 and food was being cleared away, there was no milk - if breakfast is served until 10 then breakfast should be served until 10 in full

Convenient for Kensington Palace and the parks

• Double Hilton Guestroom

My special request was ignored! I have an allergy to feather & I had requested that there should not be any in our Bed Room! We had to attend a pre-wedding function because we arrived late @ the Hotel, had to quickly get ready & go. I forgot to check the Bedding! Upon arriving back @ midnight, I realised that my request was not followed! Rang Room service, a person who came could not find any pillows Or the quilt without feathers, kept coming & I kept explaining to him, by showing him the feathers, coming out of the pillow! In the end me & my husband Slept about 2 AM without the pillows! We took the quilt out of the cover & just used the cover! By this time, I was irritated on my skin & did not sleep all night! I did go & complain to the Reception desk in the morning, was told that, they did not have my request on their system, it was Booking Company's Fault! I had the request on my email, which I let him read!!Am not sure about this, as for years I have been Booking with Booking Company & they have always passed my request! After my complain they came start to the Room, sorted everything out, gave us a Gd discount, for our 1st Night Stay! Although my husband said, should have been free, the way I suffered! I did spend half the Day in Bed, sleeping, so we lost our activity that we had planned for that day! I was too tired to go! The Hotel Staff were very aware of my request for the rest of our Stay & we really enjoyed! Will stay again & will not let this incident put us off. ❤️👌❤️

It was in a very convenient location, lovely shopping Mall near by. We where able to park our Car @ the Mall Car Park, which was reasonable amount to pay for 24 Hrs! The Hotel Car Park was very expensive! At the time of Booking, I was not aware of this, just said on sight parking is available, but it was written on my Booking confirmation how much I will be charged! I missed reading this!

• Junior Suite with Lounge Access

Didn't like the fact that I clicked all the boxes on the room filter on the site to get an accessible room and had to change rooms. The hotel sorted us out with a small wheelchair accessible room though.

Loved the location and the friendliness of the staff.

Insufficient air conditioning.

We’ve stayed at Kensington Hilton for years and we love the location and having Shepherds Bush and Holland Park tube stations so close by is so handy. The concierge Rashid was very helpful and his recommendations to restaurants were spot on. The breakfast staff are so professional and your breakfast buffets are incredible. However London being so warm in May created havoc for the insufficient central air conditioning and although they provided us with a tabletop fan the room was uncomfortably warm for a good night’s rest. That said I wouldn’t hesitate to come back and stay there again like we have done all those years.

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

Toilet wasn’t working properly when we first got there. Ended up not flushing at all by the time we left. Air conditioner didnt work well. Only one lift out of four were working the two nights we were there and when we left. Requested a room overlooking the park, got roofs!

• Deluxe Double Room

The only thing that was really frustrating especially because it happened to us for the second time in Hilton hotels was the problem with breakfast boxes that we ordered for 5.30am since we had an early flight. Unfortunately when we came to collect them we were informed that they forgot about it so we had to wait for 15 minutes for them to be prepared and almost missed our bus to the airport because of this.

We really enjoyed our stay: the room was very clean, bed incredibly comfortable and the breakfast just delicious. I would highly recommend it.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

unacceptable double charge for the same reservation. They withhold the whole amount for the reservation and 3 weeks after the departure haven't release the money and deny to give you the proof of payments.

near to the underground station. very kind personnel.

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

*my initial interaction from the porter as I got out from the taxi was one of an unhappy expression, he was fedup and seemed disgruntled to assist with the bags. when he did get our bags to us in the room some 30 minutes later he omitted to inform us of how the amenities in the room operated. He merely left bags and rushed off with no greeting. *We later called the for help with the heater/aircon, I was told an engineer would be sent up but to no avail. We then requested extra blankets and was sent blankets that felt like cardboard with a damp smell. * The staff in the bar/restaurant were fairly playful amongst themselves failing to acknowledge our presence when we went down to supper. The childish behaviour and loud antics with each other took precedence for the evening, as we were not the only ones trying to get their attention. When I booked online my expectation of the HILTON brand was one of superior quality, regretfully that was not evident here.

The room was spacious with views of the surrounding neighbourhood.

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

The room was spacious with views of the surrounding neighbourhood.

• Executive Double Room with Lounge Access

Combo bath, extremely soft pillows, disappointing canape and drinks selection in the executive lounge.

Handy location for public transport (especially buses). Lovely breakfast in the executive lounge. Staff were helpful.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

room was overpriced and really basic,definitely not what expected when paying £500 for 3 nights and find the same room as a premier inn but using the Hilton brand.The first room was even below average as my pregnant partner were struggling to even turn around without hit the bed or the desk.Second room was slightly more spacious,again really basic and with the chick to charge £1 for water?did I not just give you £500??Reception did not even told us which floor to go or provide us with wifi password,we had to find that out through friends. We went for dinner at the bar and god would kill them to crack a smile,we waited for 10 min on the table then we thought we would have to go and order at the bar,the Chinese woman was really awkward and she was kind of annoyed of us going to order there. We ordered the Indian food and it came served in 2 metal bowls,the waitress (again someone would kill her to crack a smile) just run away. Not sure if was meant to be that way but as far as I'm concerned I'm not a dog and I eat on plates no bowls,my partner went to ask for a plate. 2 soft drinks and 2 main well over £40,quite ridiculous. We avoided the hotel restaurant/bar for all our staying. Really disappointed ,I was expecting Hilton quality instead I found a premier inn overpriced.

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

We loved everything- as mentioned, the showers are a bit short, and I'm only 5ft 6- but I didn't mind that too much in all honesty!

We stayed for just one night at the Hilton London Kensington Hotel as we were watching Chicago in the evening. We were so surprised with how close we were to the amenities, including Westfields shopping centre. It was a 2 minute walk to the tube, with quick and easy links to Paddington. We arrived early with the intention of leaving our suitcases- but were pleased to be allowed to check in almost 3 hours early! The room itself was clean, spacious and had a lovely big window (lovely on the sunny day!). The beds were super comfortable and the shower nice and hot- although a little short! We visited the hotel bar and had a cocktail- the staff were really friendly, and we had table service. Lots of friendly banter and lovely tasting drinks. They also let you store your luggage with them on the checking out day, which was really useful for our shopping trip! We would 100% stay here again, for the amazing location, quietness, and friendly service!

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The rooms were not very clean, they looked quite cheap too. The sound proofing was terrible, could hear next door throwing up! Our key card didn’t work 3 times, each time having to go back to the desk downstairs and either leave our bags in the hall or lug them around with us. A lot of the staff barely spoke English and just greeted us with stares when asking for help.

The location was lovely & the staff were friendly even though the majority didn’t speak English as their first language.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

For the first time in my life, I liked everything in the hotel, from the respectful service and the cleanliness to the value for money and excellent location. This hotel is situated nearby a mega mall where hundreds of shops exist and where tram, taxi, bus, metro, and bike rental exist within 1 km. The staff members were very efficient and effective in service, especially during check in and check out. The rooms were very clean and all of our special requests have been met. Finally to re-emphasize, the value for money is very attractive and competitive. This was my second visit; I am definitely coming back again.

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

The beds weren’t comfortable, for some reason they were on wheels and tended to move away from the wall during the night, this would cause you’re pillows to fall behind the bed. The second night we never slept at all. The people in the room next door had a huge party. At 3am I called the reception who to be fair told the guys to stop. We could still here the crowd next door even after they were warned because they were drunk (which I understand) but the rooms had interlocking doors which meant you felt like you were in the room with them. I would try to avoid this hotel when I come over again. We told the guy on reception who apologized but never offered any compensation or a gesture.

The location was perfect for us.

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

Bathroom felt small and lacking freshness- they definitely need update! Breakfast are huge rip off.. 30£ per person? No, thank you. I would recommend you to offer free WiFi to your guest with stable and good speed- this is standard for hotels on your level.

In general good value for money. Beds are super comfy and I really like the staff, everyone was professional and very helpful. These was our second stay in your hotel and I would recommend it to my friends! Nice hotel with very good location and welcoming staff:)

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Great hotel overall and in a great location for what we were there to do! It’s a little tired but still looks great, our first rooms shower was faulty but they moved us to another room where all was good.

• Deluxe Twin Room

It took 30 minutes to get a drink in the bar in the evening. No room service menu in room.

Polite and friendly reception staff.Room small but clean & comfortable. Good breakfast.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

When I do check in nobody ask me if I need a help. They put me in a room where a maintenance just going above it. The reciption wasn’t helpful in many aspects

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The air conditioning in my room didnt seem to be working properly. The building is quite old.

Staff were helpful. Close to Shepard's bush tube station and Westfield shopping centre.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The pillows were very uncomfortable (no support - too floppy). I stay often at the Premier Inn and I think overall this offers a much better nights sleep. The noise from other guests doors opening and closing was very loud and vibrated the walls.

The location was very handy for access to the underground and the museums.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The room was tiny for the price/4* rating. The room was VERY tired - really in need of a re-furb. No plug socket next to the bed in 2018 in a 4* is unacceptable. We asked for rooms VERY close to each other and were given rooms on opposite sides of the hotel - not helpful at all.

The fact that the room temperature was consistent and about right.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Reception couldn"t find my booking which was frustrating particularly after a four hour drive in very heavy traffic. After a frustrating lengthy period, the receptionist audaciously scrolling through my phone bearing in mind I had produced a printed version of my booking.com confirmation, they eventually acknowledged my booking. Our bed was as creaky as anything; you only had to sit on it and the loud noise was like breaking planks of wood. We ended up sleeping on the floor because each simple move or turn created unbearable noise. To top it all off, the restaurant only had one person for breakfast although we had PREPAID for two. All in all an unsatisfactory stay at an extortionate price. I paid full price including £35 overnight parking and was offered no form of waiver for the inconvenience.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The room were not very good. It really need an update. The rack for towels were falling down, the shower was falling out and we didn't get new wash cloth or shower cap. In the bar they cleaned the draft beer system during dinnertime and in the breakfast area the coffe maschines were cleaned during breakfast time, so no draft beer for dinner and a long line for coffee during breakfast. We have stayed at this hotel many times, but next time I think we will try another one.

Breakfast was very good. T

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Bed in the room was on wheels and the whole bed frame creaked every time you moved. Reported it to staff, who gave us a key card to check another room with a view to moving room. The other room was exactly the same with the same issue.

Food was good

• Deluxe Twin Room

Got woken up at 8.45am by cleaners, didn’t need to check out until midday. Plug in bath broken Poor customer service by a bar staff member - very rude.

Great location, close to underground station & easy to get around

• Deluxe Double Room

Was my partners birthday and requested things in the room which wasn’t there on arrival. Also the bed sheets were all ripped and no food menu in the room.

I liked the location and staff

• Deluxe Twin Room

The lock didn't work and we had to go back down to the reception The bathroom and the towels looked very old although it was clean The sink didn't flash smoothly The tables in the public lounge were messy It was difficult to receive calls because the reception was busy

Near to the lovely Holland Park

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Centrally located hotel close to underground station Shepherd´s Bush. Good restaurant, cosy bar atmosphere. And the concierges are very entertaining.. always laughing, making jokes and cheering everybody up :-)

• Double Hilton Guestroom

For a Hilton, I’d expect a comfier mattress. Also, there were make up stains on the carpet and the lamp shade had an ugly stain on.

I love this hotel. The location is amazing. A typical London Avenue. Not too busy or chaotic but a stones throw from Shepherds Bush.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

the room was pretty small and the decor is tired and in urgent need of an upgrade. I stayed here 15 years ago and not much has changed since, including the smell of smoke coming from the non-smoking rooms

good location for Olympia

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

We discovered my wife was missing a set of pearl earrings and a matching necklace when we were packing to leave. Staff “reviewed” the tapes and said that the only people that had been in our rooms had worked there for several years so they wouldn’t proceed unless I wanted to report it to the police. They did comp me some monies (not enough) but overall I did not care for my experience with management here.

On the plus side the majority of the staff was amazing.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Wi-fi did not work on my mac and the staff could not help me solve it, so I had to tether from my phone for the length of my stay... the business center lacked chairs.

Breakfast had a good selection of options

• Double Hilton Guestroom

No bathrobes or slippers in one of two identical rooms. Were charged more than priced without explanation. Aircon not cooling. Toilet did not flush properly, had to fill dustbin to fix. Sink not draining properly. Dirty towel on top of the safe in closet. Very squeeky and hard bed. One large bedcover instead of two separate in the double bed.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Not up to Hilton standards. Old dirt. No electricity for almost an hour the first night and blinking lights the next night. Stains (paint on tiles) on walls and carpet. Bathroom door didn't close properly. Handle on bathroom door will fall off within month.

Staff was friendly. Location good, close to bus stop and tube, close to shopping center. Day to day cleaning was good.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The first room was filthy and did not look like at all what we booked. A premier inn is better and that is a lot cheaper than what we paid for this room. The second room was ok but still outdated and filthy at times. The bed was two singles pushed together so not the most comfortable and the carpet had stains everywhere. Not what I would expect of a 4 star HILTON hotel.

The breakfast was nice and the staff helpful.

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

Breakfast. Sausages were terrible. More like a toby carvery breakfast.

The rooms are small and the breakfast wasn't great. The sausages were of a terrible quality. The hotel in general is ok though.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The room air con wasn’t brilliant so it was a little bit warm, it wasn’t too uncomfortable in April but in summer could be a problem

The location is excellent just a five minute walk away from Shepard’s bus tube station which is on the central line to London, also there is a huge shopping centre/ food places next to the tube station which is worth a visit, hotel was lovely, we booked a double room and it was a good size room and comfortable

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

The only thing that let it down was the noisy air con in the bedroom, we had to turn it off which made the room uncomfortable

The staff were very friendly. The hotel is a little tired looking on the outside but it’s an old building. Inside was very pleasent and had a nice bar which made some amazing gin and tonics. The bar food was also very nice. We will be coming back for sure

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

Considering the hotel has a 4 star rating parts of it looked tired and in need of upgrading. Also the cost of breakfast was very expensive

The staff were helpful and friendly

• Deluxe Twin Room

Bed was creaky in the middle. Heating in the room was inadequate. Had to wear dressing gown in bed as the room was so cold. Hotel and rooms were in desperate need of refurbishment.

Members of staff were helpful and friendly.

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

During the day the service in the restaurant was a little slow

The staff here were amazing, we had good chats with them and they were so friendly! Made two women from Glasgow very welcome!

• Double Hilton Guestroom

We didn’t like that we have to stay in line for 15 minutes to get a table for breakfast. It was crowded and I didn’t expect that from the Hilton. The mold smell on the corridor and from the wardrobe was disturbing. We didn’t have slippers. The bathroom was small and the shower battery was rusty.

The continental breakfast was good, rich but exactly the same every day. The room was average for two people, and the bed was very comfortable. It was nice that we ask for a plug adaptor and they give us a new one right away. Staff was very nice and helpful.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The hotel is rather dated. It doesnt look like what i would expect from the Hilton hotels- very small and old bathroom, poor noise insulation...i would not recommend or go back

The bed was comfortable and the concierge nice

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The whole facility is in terrible condition

This hotel didn’t met my expectations for being a Hilton badged hotel! The whole facility is very old and needs total renovation!!! The only good thing was the elevator!

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

Room clean but really shabby and strange noise late and during night.....not in room directly, possibly from pipework in wall cavities.

Close to Shepherd’s Bush underground.Good breakfast.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Our room was a little dated but it didn't take away from the experience of our stay. We didn't have breakfast included and we did not have the time to use leisure facilities during our stay in London.

The staff on check in were really nice,friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable, clean and over looking the front of the hotel but there was little to no road traffic noise. The Location is perfect with tube stations close by and lovely areas surrounding if you prefer to walk like we did. Bar snacks and food was tasty too!

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The experience was excellent. I cannot complain about a single thing.

The experience was great. After a long overnight flight it was nice to have a welcoming smile and a room ready. The location was exceptional, a short 4 minute walk to overground trains and the subway. We were at famous tourist sites in 15 minutes. The breakfast buffet was extensive and tasty including an ability to order omelettes as you like them.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Bedroom was quite dated- wallpaper peeling off the wall. Sockets were loose and other maintenance issues. Bed wasn’t very comfortable and extremely squeaky with any movement.

Location is great. Staff are very friendly

• Executive Double Room with Lounge Access

Customer service was excellent. The morning breakfast spread was abundant and delicious and free tea and coffee all day was a nice bonus. Great king size bed. Location near over and underground rail - 2 blocks away - makes all the sites close by. Couldn’t be a better value for what you get.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The room was very very small. The shower was tiny and there was no bath. It was like staying in a budget hotel but with a big price tag. Wouldn't recommend or stay again.

The location was good and a short walk from the tube station and Westfields.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

As I said would have preferred to have a fresh smell in the room .

The room was good size. It did not smell nice when we entered the room. The room is old but good size. Good value for money.Was close enough to tube station and west field shopping center

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

Bathroom was a little small and i didnt like the adjoining door in the room had to put the chair infront of it even though its looked.

George on reception was so friendly it was nice to talk to some one friendly after a long hard day in central london. He let me have a late check out so signed me up to the loyalty scheme. Was really helpful.

It was a bit pricey and a bit impersonal

The executive lounge facilities were fabulous but the executive twin room was dark and awful view the other twin room was much lighter and a bit of a view

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The rooms are , like many in London, smaller than they used to be and this has resulted in an 'average' rating - space is tight. F&B is slightly expensive too - AND IT WOULD BE BETTER IF THEY PUT PRICES ON THE MENUS......

Its a Hilton in a CONVENIENT LOCATION

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The room was very small, bathroom wasn't great - would've expected a lot more for a Hilton but was still acceptable. Staff were very accommodating when we had a some complaints about the noise.

Loads of delicious, fresh choice at breakfast. Location was perfect for where we wanted to be, very friendly and accommodating staff and the bar was open until late.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Room was not clean7/10, We asked for the water they said that they don’t give free water as top up on the second day when they are cleaning they only give it as welcome So no free small bottles of water, The room was cold heater was not perfect small amount air is coming out of it, the bed was noisy if you turn to the side it makes sound, There was no slippers in the room we had to call and ask for it, parking is more expensive then street

The manager when we checkout was good

• Deluxe Twin Room

Check in was a slow and painful process. When we eventually checked in, they checked us into a room that was occupied by another person. The person explained that she had temporally been placed in our room until they found her a more suitable room for her needs. When we questioned a member of staff about this they laughed and smirked at us and did not apologise or offer an explaination. The person in the room was laying on one of the beds, there was no offer to change those bed linens & the customer service was simply inadequate for a Hilton. We had to request a change of linens ourselves and it was not automatically done. We had travelled some hours to even get to London and wanted to quickly get washed and head out into the city, but we were left to negotiate ourselves with this woman in our room as to who was going to wait in reception. I don't understand if they had given our room to someone else, why even book us into that room! We come to London every year for the same event and we will not be staying here again next year. There was simply not the service that you expect with a Hilton hotel.

Really good facilities in a central location near to Olympia for an event.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The room was terrible, aged, dirty. The bathroom wasn’t clean properly, the ceiling was falling apart and the taps were broken. Th bedroom wall was full of stains and the lamps equally stained. The internet didn’t work. Very noisy hotel and we could eat everything from other rooms. The worst hotel I have ever been and I’m not repeating the experience.

Very friendly staff

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Our room was poor, the shower barely sent any water out, the paint was peeling off of poorly painted furniture, the bed creaked and moved constantly.

The general areas of the hotel were up to hikto standards and nice, staff were helpful friendly and polite.

The rooms are very small, the website photos don't represent the space or quality. We had three rooms. One colleague didn't sleep as the noise of the elevator kept them awake all night, the others due to the air conditioning not working properly and bed being very uncomfortable.

Browse Hilton London Kensington Hotel traveller photo gallery