Reviews of Hilton London Paddington 4 stars

146 Praed Street, Westminster Borough, London, W2 1EE, United Kingdom

#428 of 977 hotels in London

5.3

A change in breakfast. English breakfast everyday isn't good for the 'British' It's an international hotel so some other culture can be added to the dinning menu.

• Double Guest Room

No good hot water during my stay - bathroom old and tired - bathroom amenities microscopic - lights kept flickering on and off, asked for it to be sorted, it wasn't - room window opened no more than 10cm - bar was packed with a function so impossible to get a drink - front desk didn't have my booking until he found it had been put under another name and then seemed to blame me...front office early shift manager was not brand compliant in the way he spoke to me.

Excellent location - room cleanliness - fast check out service -

• Double Guest Room

Personally found no fault and would love to stay again.....if prices are a bit cheaper

extremely comfy and in great location. huge room with everything you could think of. I also loved the late check out as this was great for when heading to airport.

Nothing 😄❤️👍

Perfect location for Paddington Station and access to all London areas. Great traditional reception area with lots of smart and helpful staff. The building and interior is stylish and very well maintained. Spacious. Being on my own on this visit I felt very safe there, unlike other hotels I have stayed in. My room was gorgeous; old world high ceiling charm, quality fittings, a great powerful shower. Large screen TV. Sumptuous bed and linen. I loved it all and am planning to go back with my husband next month

• Double Executive Room with Lounge Access

A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for!

We selected this hotel for its Paddington Station location. I loved being able to eat a delicious breakfast and see the Heathrow Express from the window. Very convenient! And access to the Executive Lounge was an added bonus we did not expect.

• Double Executive Room with Lounge Access

The first room in which we were placed was a huge distance from the elevator (I had requested that we be close to an elevator in my reservation notes). It also required that we walk up and down several sets of small stairs, which was difficult with luggage. The room itself was very small and the air conditioner was not working. We then requested a change and were relocated promptly to another room on a lower floor which was close to the elevator and did not require us to traverse stairs. This room was better configured than the first, and also more spacious. However, once again the air conditioner did not work. After 3 hours it was still blowing out warm air, in spite of being on the lowest setting. The maintenance man came, pulled down the services cover, peered inside and closed it up again. He said that it would be OK now as a previous guest had wanted warm air and he had reset it. I watched his every move and he did not touch a thing, so I was sceptical. The staff also provided us with a desk fan. The air conditioner did not change, but the desk fan did provide some circulation of air so we had a reasonably comfortable sleep. It seems that the hotel is in need of a major refurbishment, or at the very least a more regular maintenance program.

Excellent location to catch a train from Paddington. The staff are friendly and helpful. The bed was large and very comfortable, and the executive lounge provides a reasonable breakfast.

• Double Guest Room

The fact that there was no swimming pool but the environment was exceptional

The location and friendliness of the workers are exceptional. The breakfast really very good.The room I stayed was just fantastic. I love Hilton paddington

• Double Guest Room

Location; straight from the train into the hotel. All the staff, without exception were very friendly. The meal in the Italian Brasserie was very good

• Double Guest Room

Booked a rate with included breakfast, when I went for breakfast the restaurant staff told me it would be an extra £25 despite the booking confirmation, not good. However the receptionist was super helpful when I explained the situation and showed the booking email

• Double Guest Room

Lovely hotel right in front of Paddington train station and directly across the road from underground - perfect location. Room was good with air conditioning and good facilities.

• Double Guest Room

Rather noisy location and, although it was only mid May, the air conditioning system could not cope with the heat: room far too warm. Technical assistance was called in, but did not improve the situation.

Splendid location when travelling through LONDON Heathrow.

• Twin Guest Room

Bar was terribly noisy with Euro-Techno music that droned on for ever too loud.

Nice chain Hilton, expensive, but location is in Paddington Station so convenient for travelers.

• Double Guest Room

I would expect more from a Hilton Hotel. Nearly zero vegan or gluten-free options for breakfast (that is 22 p.p), the fruit was not fresh, pancakes made by a machine etc etc. The gym was tiny and extremely warm, +30 C, no AC. Some parts lookes a bit worn down, staff seems overworked and tired.

The room was clean and nice. Love the location.

• Double Executive Room with Lounge Access

The air-conditioner wasn't cool hence we slept with the windows open.

The junior suite allowed room for us to unpack and feel comfortable. The location at Paddington Station is very convenient to transport and sites. The room was clean, spacious and the bed was comfortable. Buffet breakfast was superb with plenty of choice and excellent service.

• Double Guest Room

Our room was so small that it was impossible to put both suitcases down and get into bed on both sides. The chair at the desk was so old and worn that there was no padding and you sat on the frame. It also sloped forward. Our room was so hot during the night that we could not sleep. We turned down the air conditioning to its lowest setting but made no difference. They also added two items from the mini bar to our bill, but we had not used anything from the minibar. To their credit, they did deduct these. A truly unpleasant stay.

The location was perfect for us as we were going to Heathrow the next morning

• Double Guest Room

The cutlery in the restaurant bistro is very difficult to use. The handles are too rounded so the food slips around and around. that is the one thing that in my mind needs to be changed immediately.

The concierge was extremely helpful. I was given 100% help with my luggage which was too much for me to deal with alone. the porter took me all the way to Heathrow Express and put my baggage on for me. this was so much appreciated. Thank you!

• Double Guest Room

I booked two rooms. We both gave our credit cards on check in. On checkout I paid my room and got my receipt. On checking my credit card statement I found I had been charged for both rooms. Incompetent. I managed to get a copy receipt emailed but most inconvenient for me and my German colleague, and entirely unnecessary. Simple mistake like this should not happen at this level.

Convenient location

• Double Executive Room with Lounge Access

Towels and bed only for 2 people but minutes within I called they delivered lots of extra towels and extra bed as ordered previously So it was fine too

Excellent location Big executive room for 3 Nice decoration in room and nice bath Good towels Very good breakfast in lounge Very attentive staff

• Deluxe Double Room

Lighting in room was poor. Dirty tissues in bathroom bin from previous guest. Water in shower was luke warm. We sat eating our meal and people were walking by, very close to our table, with wet umbrellas, using the hotel as a short cut to the station. One man even bought his bicycle through! Drink was extortionately priced.

• Double Guest Room

WiFi needed special passcode and nobody offered it when checked in. By phone from room they didn't gave it and connection wasn't stable. Breakfast selection was limited and service slow.

• Double Guest Room

The staff were rude. We arrived before the check in time so understandably the room was not ready. The first member of staff said “your rooms not ready yet but you can check back later”, very blunt, no apology or estimation of when it would be ready. When we checked back the room was ready and the next colleague said “here’s your room key” didn’t tell me what floor the room was, where the lift was, how to access the internet or what time we had to check out just simply “here’s your room key”. We went to a lift and I was talking to my partner saying I presume from the number we are on the 4th floor. Then another guest approached us and said this lift doesn’t go to the 4th floor only the 2nd and directed us there. Which surely is the receptionist job? But no, apparently not. The concierge was also rude and came across very aggressive and unhappy to be there.

I really liked the room, the toiletries were really nice and the room was a nice size.

• Double Executive Room with Lounge Access

The room had a slightly damp odor and bathroom ceiling had visible and large patches of water damage probably from an upstairs bathroom. Some details of the room were worn/unrepaired/unfinished in places which was a surprise in this price range.

Wonderful service by the portier who helped us with our luggage all the way to the train platform early in the morning. He was polite and cheerful, fantastic. Staff was attentive, respectful and polite overall. Room was peaceful. Breakfast latte was the best I had all week in London.

• Double Guest Room

Air conditioning not good enough and noisy Wedding reception beneath our room kept us awake until midnight Nobody bothered to answer reception phone Rooms not ready until 4.15pm, even though check in at 3.00 pm.

• Double Room - GWR Tower

we got a room facing the street ,sometimes noisy .

very convenient when you are just spending one night in london in order to connect next morning with your flight .

• Deluxe Double Room

The building was sooo hot on the 5th floor and our air con was not working and the windows don’t open for safety reasons! I would stay again hope was a one off!

It has a perfect location massive rooms and impeccable customer service!

• Double Guest Room

Room was too hot and stuffy. No fresh air and the heater blasted hot air or warm air if on lowest setting. Rooms are dated a bit but not a major issue. Staff are not friendly really. Not 4 star material at all.

Location just outside Paddington train station is perfect.

• Double Guest Room

No hot water in our bathroom at 9.00 am. Very poor food quality in Italian restaurant. Spaghetti vongole had SIX clams only and pasta was undercooked and lacked flavour and seasoning. Wife's chicken dish comprised chunks of cooked chicken added to pasta and sauce rather than cooked in the sauce. Customers voted with their feet and restaurant was virtually empty and therefore lacking in ambience.

Staff very sympathetic to our concerns. Breakfast restaurant staff very affable and cheerful.

• Double Guest Room

A few of the reception ladies at the check-in were a bit moody/ not friendly. While they were not overtly rude, their body language and behaviors were noticeable.

The concierge was extremely nice and everyone remembered and greeted me by my name throughout the stay. I was a complete stranger to them, so this impressed me.

• Double Room - GWR Tower

Tower rooms are expected to pay for wi-fi. Seriously?????? Any cheap B&B offers free wi-fi! Breakfest is ok. We had better in 3 stars hotels.

Best location if you plan to travel outside London, nice rooms.

• Double Guest Room

A bit old and stuffy. Reception staff were actively unhelpful and unpleasant to my wife with our 6 month old baby (she wanted to call me on the phone quickly and they wouldn't allow her to call - this after spending three nights in the hotel)

Location location location. The service staff were really helpful.

• Double Guest Room

Air conditioning was terrible. Room was so hot! Opened windows and could hear the fans from the station so the room was not only hot but very loud! Even with the windows closed you could hear the station. Not a great night sleep

Big spacious room, clean and had everything we needed. Location was perfect and so close to the station/tube

Nothing negative to report

Superb location, particularly convenient for the return travel from Paddington station. I contacted the hotel prior to arrival to request early check-in, which they allowed. This made a huge difference to our stay and meant we could enjoy the day. Room was well equipped with all essentials, comfortable, surprisingly quiet and came with a well stocked mini bar - fantastic. Will stay here again.

• Queen Suite with Lounge Access

Staff at reception where not very helpful. Told us off for booking through booking.com and said next time we need to use the website. Initially refused the children to be checked in and started the booking only had 2 adults not children. Had to find our own booking. Not very nice experience. Also no parking at the hotel.

The room was big and comfortable

• Double Guest Room

The bathroom amenities such as shampoo and conditioner. Conditioner is too small and often is empties are not replaced It is good to know that Hilton have upgraded their TV channels selection. There are more channels to choose from than previously experienced

Breakfast was good value for money. Staff were very helpful and the best feature is the location of the hotel where you could get on the express to Heathrow very quickly. The rooms are also relatively big compared to others in London in similar price range

• Deluxe Double Room

Although I had all conformation for my booking at reception ,it was still very stressful as the Hilton had no record of it .Left suitcase and went to my appointment and was assured it would be sorted when I returned .However new staff on reception had no idea what was going on still had to wait a while they tried to sort it out . Not a good experience .

The room was comfy .perfect location.

• Double Guest Room

The fact that I had to ask for the WiFi access code was a bit of a nuisance, and I felt the room documentation was pushing me towards paying to use BT

The location is so convenient for everything, and is close by Westbourne Grove which boasts an amazing array of restaurants. Given its busy location it is very quiet

• Double Guest Room

Room looked outdated and tired, air conditioning not working well, a labyrinth more than a hotel. Instead of being valued because booked via their large client, Booking.com, i felt penalised. I was told that if i booked direct as a Hilton Honour member, i would have internet for free, i was instead asked to pay because booked via booking. com, when i explained that that was definitively a short sighted approach, reception came to terms. I have been in this hotel in nice rooms but this time i have experienced the short side of the stick.

the location, close to where i needed to be

• Double Guest Room

You have to pay for the WiFi - Unless you're a member. And boy, do you pay! It should really be included today.

The nice woman at check-in that handled a problem with a striking printer with charm. All staff member I met were nice and friendly. The location. I needed a hotel close to Paddington station. This is part of the station!

• Double Guest Room

The breakfast was okay sort of but could be vastly improved with little effort. May be the venue does not lend itself for improvement.

The pure extravagance of the hotel I stayed there a about 25 years ago and it was a little ran down. A awful amount of money must have been spent to bring everything back to life I had to stand and admire the glory of the place as l walked around. It really is a palace if you like the past and not super modern hotels.

• Twin Guest Room

The room was far too hot and the window only opened a very little, so it was too hot to sleep until about 4am. The room was rather gloomy, but comfortable and clean.

Very good breakfast, and helpful staff.

• Deluxe Double Room

Some buiding works outside, quite noisy in the morning The absence of free wifi No parking It was shown breakfast included, however it is appeared that there is an additional charge for breakfast

Convenient location Good size room with a comfy bed While it was very noisy outside in the morning the room windows are very good soundproof quality

• Double Executive Room with Lounge Access

Food at the executive lounge ,we think our son got food poisoning from the fried Thai fish cakes .also we had a big problem with hot water .Staff were helpful and polite but hot water was not all the time available .

Room plus location

• Double Guest Room

The location was exceptional after a long-haul flight. 15 minutes from the airport on the Heathrow Express up an escalator straight into the hotel and into our room even though it was 8am

• Double Guest Room

I called and asked for a bath robe and a dental kit, the ignored me for 40 mins, called again and they only brought my dental kit.

The bed was comfortable.

• Twin Guest Room

Service in the a la carte breakfast area slow and not so friendly - only saw 1 server for the most part but area was full.

Everything was fine. Concierge was helpful.

• Double Guest Room

Reception staff were not welcoming or engaging. In room technology was poor (old style Apple adapter for the the alarm clock, no USB charging, not even plug sockets by the bed!).

Good selection of breakfast options and friendly food staff.

• Double Guest Room

Cannot tell you about the croissants as I do not eat bread. The bed was comfortable and the staff was incredibly accommodating. Lovely place. I would definitely stay here again. The weather was great, so I was able to get out and see the sights. I you are going to use the underground and make several stops, buy a day pass!

• Double Executive Room with Lounge Access

The triple room was very large for the UK including a separated area for the third bed. The location is perfect for access to Paddington station. The business lounge was very nice.

• Double Guest Room

Breakfast, the room was dark and uncomfortable no hot water

No hot water for a bath/shower. Out of date docking station for iPhone. Only cheap coffee available in room other than mini bar. Food in restaurant very poor standard especially the breakfast. Cold weak coffee and eggs under cooked

• Double Guest Room

Since I was one person for one night I would expect a better price and I would prefer to have a room closer to the elevator because I was feeling a little bit unsecure since it was so big with so many rooms.

The room was perfect clean and nice feeling comfort. The service of the people in the reception as well as at the entrance and the breakfast area was excellent kind and smiling. The area very convenient. I would like to visit this hotel again and I would suggest it for sure. I regret that I didn't use it on my previous business trips.

• Deluxe Double Room

I pay cash for my breakfast when I check out they take it from my credit card

Great location comfortable room good breakfast big size room all on your reach

• Deluxe Double Room

My room was hot like a sauna. After opening the 2 windows and getting a fan, I still could not sleep well. The price of a meeting room for 6 people for 2 hours is far too high, I gave up the idea and we met in the lobby.

• Double Guest Room

1. On the very cold day we stayed there, the room was absolutely freezing. There was a gale force draught blowing through the sides of the window. We had to draw the curtains to make the room a bit warmer. 2. The shower was good but it took absolutely ages for the water to heat up to even tepid. Talk about wasting water!

The room was huge, there was a huge TV in the room and the bed was lovely and comfy. Everything provided including large bath towel and toiletries. Despite the hotel being in a very busy location, the room was very quiet.

• Double Guest Room

I asked to borrow tape or grue to seal the postage envelope at the front desk, unfortunately they haven't got any of them. They asked for one of the concierges but he was very rude. It is understandable if he say "sorry we don't have any of it" but he just put GUM TAPE and scissors without say anything which was rude. I didn't demand the tape what I needed but wanted to hear the result of their searching... My understanding is Hilton has excellent service but my understanding was wrong. He did it because I am from Asia ( actually I am but I live in London )? Aside from it, it was excellent but he ruined my image of Hilton.

• Double Guest Room

The restaurant seemed dark and uninviting so we didn't end up eating there. Not a problem though, there are plenty of other places in the area.

Lovely hotel in a great location. The room was spotlessly clean with a big comfortable bed. The staff were all excellent, they managed to find an international power point adaptor for us to charge our phones.

• Double Guest Room

I could not get the water to get hot in the morning for a shower no matter how hard I tried. A tepid shower before a transatlantic flight was not great and when I advised reception on my way out they merely said thanks for letting us know - no apology at all.

The room was spacious, clean and the bed was comfy. The hotel is well used but was fine a single night stay prior to catching Heathrow Express.

• Twin Guest Room

Great facilities, lovely bar lounge area, very professional and friendly. When we raised a query with management it was sorted immediately and very willingly. Would definitely go back. Thank you Rakesh for great service.

• Double Guest Room

The water took so long to be hot, in the bath and in the sink. Also, it was charged me £50 extra for a credit card pre payment which will be refunded in 10 days. Honestly, I have never seen this before, in any of the hotels that I have stayed.

The bed was very comfortable and clean.

• Double Guest Room

The hotel heating was hot and I battled to get my room down cooler than 20 even though the air conditioner was set to cool. Couldn't get the window open (635)

All works well

• Double Guest Room

No free Wi-Fi in 2018 is a nonsense. Sorry.

Hotel is ideally connected to Paddington station, room was wide enough, bed is comfortable, modern widescreen TV, Starbucks in a lobby

Can’t think of anything.

Greatest location you can ask for. Above Paddington station. The staff was friendly. When we arrived they had our room available and let us have it before check in that was a nice gesture.

• Double Guest Room

At £250 a night, wifi should be standard, not an extra. Although they offer 60 mins free, this is with BT Openzone, and any issues you have to take up with them, not the hotel. Also, for a large 4 star hotel the least they could do would be to provide hot water in the morning - my shower varied from cold to almost tepid, which was not good enough. Mention this at checkout and they are sorry but offer no explanation or discount.

Convenient location, breakfast.

• Double Executive Room with Lounge Access

What was on offer in the Executive Lounge was very basic . Also breakfast had disappeared by 10.45 am .

The hotel was not in any way " tired " - spotless , pristine

• Superior Family Room

The Head of concierge was extremely unhelpful and impolite. Upon check out, we asked for our suitcases to be stored at the hotel for 3 days (upon which we would come back to the hotel to stay for a further 2 nights) and our request was declined, with no alternative solutions offered.

• Double Room - GWR Tower

I paid for a room in the GWR Tower and the water was not even luke warm on the evening of the night of my stay and neither was it any warmer on the next morning. I did not finish my meetings until very late and did not want to call maintenance to my room at 10.30pm at night given the fact I was in my room as a solo traveller. I could not have a bath or a shower. Not the standard expected at all given the cost of the room. The hotel knocked 20% off the bill for the room. I am staying there again tomorrow night, so hope it will be better this time.

• Double Executive Room with Lounge Access

Breakfast in executive lounge.

Great and ideal location for passengers taking Heathrow express. Old tower rooms have air conditioning problems but staffs are helpful in changing rooms. Breakfast on ground floor is wonderful but in executive lounge disappointing. Small spaces with limited choices. Around 10 people were locked outside at 9:00 and were kept commuting between reception.

• Double Guest Room

-The security safe in the room didnt work (dead battery maybe?). I called reception and guest relations but no one answers...or calls backs. - the tap water was too cold at times...

The hotel allowed us early checki in whichwereally appreciated especially as we just arrived from a long trip...

• Double Guest Room

Very nice bar but closes very early and very pricey.

Very comfortable clean and spacious room. Very close to station for access around London and heathrow express.

• Double Guest Room

Heating is difficult, especially in the winter. My first room was overheated and returning from a dinner, I had to be moved. The second room was underheated! The staff agreed.

The location and the ability to walk from the platform to the reception without facing the weather.

• Double Room - GWR Tower

Expensive WiFi: £12.99 per day Orange juice jug a bit heavy Shower is a bit difficult to understand

Excellent Breakfast which finishes late Comfy bed Complimentary water Excellent coffee machine in room Good decor all round Fast check-in and check-out

• Double Guest Room

We have stayed at the Hilton Paddington several times, and it is our 'go-to' London property. Close to ALL transportation: 15 min. ride from Heathrow via Heathrow Express; 15 min. bus ride to Oxford Street; taxi stand; two Tube stations. Walking distance to Hyde Park. The hotel restaurant is superb, and there are local pubs and restaurants nearby. The lobby bar is a terrific meet-up location.

• Double Executive Room with Lounge Access

We had a major issue with no hot water for a bath or shower in the morning. When we complained to the front desk they didn't seem concerned and said we should have reported at the time, but hard to do when you are under cold water! Front desk staff not very approachable and first impressions not good, Provided no information on hotel on arrival, lifts, bars, restaurants. We had to ask all the questions.

Executive lounge was very good but a shame that TV station was sanctioned to only one channel. Cocktail bar was good, room was a nice size and nicely presented with well stocked mini bar etc. Location was excellent.

• Double Guest Room

The service at the restaurant/bar on the ground floor and adjoining seated area was very slow. It would be great if there was a hairdressers within the hotel.

Location at the station and within London is great and also if coming from Heathrow. Staff are welcoming and polite. Facilities are good, rooms are a decent size with large comfy beds and everything you need.

• Deluxe Double Room

I liked the fact that I arrived on a 5am flight from South Africa and my room was ready for occupancy at 6.30am. The breakfast was great, and the location was excellent. Excellent service.

• Double Guest Room

The sitting area in the lobby is small and always full, very difficult to fine a place for discussions on business, or having time with friends

I liked the location and room confort.

Browse Hilton London Paddington traveller photo gallery