Reviews of Novotel London Stansted Airport This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Round Coppice Road, Stansted Mountfitchet, CM24 1SF, United Kingdom

#9 of 10 hotels in Stansted Mountfitchet

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Novotel
    • Superior Queen Room

Poor value for a standard room. The £3 each way charge to Stansted if you don't have a car hire booking is excessive.

Clean room. Aircon effective.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Stayed here night before flying off on holiday.
    • Superior Twin Room

Stayed here night before flying off on holiday. Good place to relax before flight next morning. Everything, food , rooms ,, staff was absolutely up to standard.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Short, Easy transfer from airport, hotel very family...
    • Family Room

Nothing, it really was perfect!

Short, Easy transfer from airport, hotel very family orientated , staff excellent with our 3 young kids , lovely touch on arrival giving them teddies...

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Very poor. Stayed in better premier inn
    • Superior Queen Room

Very poor! No toiletries, shower leaking, tried to ring but told wait till morning. Paid good money and this is the worst Novotel I have stayed at. Pls provide a refund or tell me how I formally complain

Location was good

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

The food was good .

Was seen to have swimming pool while in fact it not in use but still there . This was main reason for stay whilst near airport. The car hire department were most accommodating and approachable.

The food was good . English was quite poor by some

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Good stay
    • Superior Queen Room

Nothing. Only thing did not get our wake-up call. Fortunately awake in time this leave!

GoodNo problems , comfortable and convenient. Had a good meal and transfers also

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Nice and comfortable
    • Superior Queen Room

The kettle in my room is full of hard shells, as uk is using hard water, it is understandable, but anyway I just stayed for one night so I cleaned the kettle by myself.

Clean, comfortable, convenience airport-hotel shuttle service

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

It was okay
    • Superior Queen Room

I stayed there as i had early flight but bus was too full to take everybody. Coffee stains on bedroom walls, looked very grubby,

Bed was very comfy, Food was nice.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Definitely not my kind of hotel.
    • Superior Twin Room

I arrived at Stansted at 1am. I called the reception desk upon landing at the airport as I needed information regarding transport to the hotel. Unfortunately I was put on a 30 minute hold. Annoying and unacceptable for an international customer. Yet the reception coudn't help and my call was a big waste. Upon arrival the reception the staff coudn't find my reservation, I had to wait 1hr to be booked to my hotelroom. Getting to my room my key would not open, so I had to go back to the reception.... Seriously????????????????

Nice and comfortable beds. Loved the english breakfast. The dinner was just great. Perfect service at the restaurant.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Very happy with our stay
    • Superior Twin Room

Thought there was a pool, from the advertising, but that must have been a sister hotel and perhaps I hadn’t looked properly

Room was clean and neat with white bedding. Good, really comfortable bed. Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

The room was clean and comfortable and location good for the...
    • Superior Twin Room

There was no In Room Dining card in my room and despite calling Room Service three times, no-one answered and the phone kept ringing out. Unfortunately I ended up giving up and went to bed with no dinner. When i mentioned it to the front desk staff the next morning they could not understand me at all (there was a definite language issue), and seemed to be completely disinterested.

The room was clean and comfortable and location good for the aiport.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Nice for an overnight if you’re between flights
    • Superior Twin Room

My boyfriend and I asked for 1 bed but we got two twins. Also the beds were on the stiff side but fine for what we needed.

We were only there for a few hours in between flights. The bus transfer was really handy and the rooms were simple but clean.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Car parking not good.
    • Superior Queen Room

Car parking is still a nightmare, too many cars on extended parking mean that an overnight guest might struggle to find a spot to park, last time I stayed here it was dark and raining and the only area that had a space was in an unlit area and not a lot of room between cars, my wife had to get out and we had to get our cases out of the boot and then park up all the while my wife and our luggage were getting wet,.on our way to reception in the dark we stepped in numerous puddles that we couldn't see because of the lack of lighting, Ease of parking ruins this establishment and it is not free, it should be considering it is not the best, travelodge sites in the area do not charge and are more user friendly.

Did not have any food.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

It’s was clean, good selection at the bar.
    • Superior Queen Room

£16.45 pp for breakfast is a bit steep. No room service available. Shower tray overfilled. No pool

It’s was clean, good selection at the bar. Room fitted our purpose.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

The room was clean and tidy.
    • Superior Twin Room

The window's sound insulation could be better (considering the vicinity to the airport) The bed wasn't of great comfort.

The room was clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Everything was as expected although a little pricey
    • Superior Queen Room

Could have had more milk for coffee in room

everything was just right the waiter in restaurant even gave us a little bottle of milk to take to our room-see trio advisor

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Ride to airport with Charge $3 person but very good service...
    • Superior Queen Room

We Pay for a 4 people room and they gave us a 1 bed room . They change for a bed with sofa but they never gived us they sheets más pillow .

Ride to airport with Charge $3 person but very good service and in time

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Good overnight stay ,close to the airport.
    • Superior Queen Room

Bar prices were high-especially the wine (£11 for a glass of Rioja for instance), £15 for the car park.

Comfy beds,helpful and attentive staff. Proximity to the airport. Food was tasty and portions good.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

very happy with my short stay before going off on holiday would stay again,
    • Superior Queen Room

meet all my requirements good room good breakfast close to airport all we needed staff friendly and polite only problem we has was a slight problem with room bookings booked 2 rooms instead of 1 on line and was some confusion at check in as i had tried to cancel one weeks before my stay without any success, otherwise all good.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

stayed just one night but it ticked all the boxes for me

details on website regarding shuttle to and from airport were not readily available .had to phone from abroad to find them out

convenience for early morning departure at stansted airport via 3.45am shuttle bus>clean comfortable and reasonably priced

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Very enjoyable.
    • Superior Queen Room

I couldn't get on with the pillows!! A small gripe but they did disturb our sleep.

The hotel was great as we were attending a wedding at the nearby Bury Lodge. Our booked taxi didn't turn up and the receptionist sorted out a replacement in minutes which was greatly appreciated. We stayed two nights and so used the restaurant the first evening. The food was excellent, although a little expensive.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Lovely spacious comfortable room
    • Superior Queen Room

Although there was much variety breakfast items the "hot buffet" was at best tepid.

Lovely spacious comfortable room Double shower Reception seating area

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Very comfortable stay before early flight
    • Superior Twin Room

Coffee in room not as good as a known brand.

Check-in very efficient, room very clean, beds and pillows particularly comfortable. Airport shuttle fairly quick and runs quite late in evening and early in morning.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

After our first stay this was going be our permanent routine , now we are not so sure
    • Superior Queen Room

We stayed here approx. a month before and everything was fine. This time we did not get the wake up call we had asked for and it was only by chance we woke up. There was no tv remote control in the room

Staff in restaurant were excellent. Convenient for the airport

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Hotel, staff, restaurant were terrific.
    • Superior Twin Room

Having to pay for the shuttle. I had to go to the ATM and get pounds just for the shuttle. Many of the local hotel's shuttles are free.

We stayed on our trip to our destination, and on our way back, when our plane was late and we missed our connection, we chose to stay again.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Good comfortable hotel for Stansted Airport
    • Superior Queen Room

Not a big issue but thought it would have been a free shuttle but we would still go again

We booked the hotel for Stansted Airport it’s 8 mins to the terminal by the shuttle bus which is £3 pp the hotel is very clean with friendly staff. We tried the restaurant for dinner and it was good and the breakfast is buffet style so quick to have if you are in a rush. Our room was a queen all refurbished.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Good for a one night stay.
    • Superior Queen Room

Getting to the hotel from the city centre took quite a long time but this is expected since it is an airport hotel. There was also no hair dryer in the room.

The hotel was very close to the airport and offered regular shuttle services to the airport. The room was comfortable, a little smaller than I was expecting but had all the necessities for a one night stay.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Helpful staff
    • Superior Queen Room

Transfer to the hotel is three pound, think it should be free of charge

Helpful staff Room was spacious, clean and nice Bathroom was clean and lots of space In walk shower Beds were really comfy

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

AVOID at any cost. Disappointment and not worth the money
    • Superior Queen Room

Empty glasses of beer and wine all over the hotel, including the outdoors space. The hhotel gave us impression of being.....dirty. Very small restaurant for a hotel with over 300 rooms. Overpriced food. Slow service. Tried to call the reception desk to book waking up service for over two hours and no one answered the calls. Extremly slow check in. Only one person at the reception desk when the queue for the check in was over 8 guests.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Squeaky beds, location not that convenient if getting in at 1.30am...
    • Superior Twin Room

We stayed in a twin room. Beds were VERY squeaky. After 24 hours in transit it would have been nice to be actually able to move without waking myself or my friend up!

Nice clean rooms.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Not comfortable bed, and need phone sent to a friend in the UK.
    • Superior Queen Room

I left my mobile phone in room 248 (I think that is the number). I called from the airport. They had it, but they would not taxi it to the airport. What has happened to my phone? Can it be sent to a friend in the UK?

The bus driver in the morning was kind when I found the phone was not in my bag and she said she would bring it to the airport if they found it for me.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Did the job
    • Superior Twin Room

The food in the restaurant was not great and it looked like there was a traveller baptism party going on which made me feel a bit uneasy. A 9 year old girl was weaing a full wedding dress with makeup!

Did the job. Shuttle from the hotel to Stanstead arrived on time and was cheap and quick. The room was basic but the beds nice and hard with a huge Tv. The restaurant interior was appealing.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Lovely, tranquil, clean environment. Would highly recommend!
    • Superior Queen Room

Checking in problems with the computer systems took a while to process. Checking out, had to return to get our parking ticket scanned for exit, this should have been prompted by receptionist prior to leaving checkout area.

The chef made us a beautiful omelette according to our requirements. The room was clean and bright.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Not being able to find the hotel.
    • Superior Twin Room

Not being able to find the hotel. Google maps took us everywhere EXCEPT the hotel - including going past the airport front and having to pay £3.50 for the privilege. We were astonished to have to pay £8 to get our car out of the hotel car park in the morning.

Would definitely recommend!
    • Superior Queen Room

The room was spacious and clean. Really nice! Big flat TV and equipped with everything you could need. Checking in procedure was very quick and friendly. Restaurant service excellent and the food very tasty and also with a good menu choices. Transfer was on time and very comfortable to go to airport.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Very short stay but would absolutely stay again.
    • Superior Queen Room

Get there super early if you plan on driving as the car park was overflowing and has no lighting which isn’t nice at all

Didn’t have breakfast but looked nice. The hotel is very welcoming and very clean.

• Superior Twin Room

No problem other than the car parking was difficult and was not included in the price of the room and I had no idea it was not when booking

Good beds and tv very clean and that gave us a great start to our holiday

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Room was comfortable, food in restaurants was good and the...
    • Superior Queen Room

The used crockery and shower gel and plastic glasses in the room we're not replaced the next day. Our room service breakfast arrived 20 minutes late and only after I phoned twice to remind them. We had to leave almost all the breakfast and wasted 24 pounds and no apology for the lateness.

Room was comfortable, food in restaurants was good and the staff in general helpful.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Nice hotel but take a taxi there and back from airport
    • Superior Queen Room

I thought this hotel was in the airport but it is not. They say it is a 6 minute transfer away but the uncomfortbale small bus that takes you there is every 30 minutes and not so easy to find PLUS they charge (from memory £4). From landing to getting into hotel as well over an hour. Next day I paid to get taxi £10 as flight very early and I simply could not risk hanging around for the courtesy bus.

Nice modern clean hotel that I got at a great price. Was up at 4am for flight to Rhodes so did not try the breakfast. I did have dinner which although slow was very tasty.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Sitting on the grass in the sun with a beer... No restrictions as to where we could go... Added stay

Wait for food

There was a perticular young lady working on the front desk who was amazing. So helpful, over and above to help us with our missed flight and lost car park ticket. Its members of staff like her that people remember and return for the same service. I wish I knew her name.... Thank you so much for your help, you were a credit to the company...

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

when I was booking room I didn't find any information...
    • Superior Queen Room

when I was booking room I didn't find any information about parking during night I stay there. when I came I found that there is fee for parking even for guests. luckily I asked on reception about it and they gave me different card for exiting from parking for free... this information about fee should be on website or if guests don't have to pay, staff should ask and give that second card automaticaly.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Really good
    • Superior Queen Room

The only negative thing was that the service in the restaurant was extremely slow. Food, staff and ambience were great but they need more staff and quicker service.

Had an excellent stay - everything was good except what I have to say below.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

It was only a over night stay for a flight transfer but on...
    • Superior Queen Room

It was only a over night stay for a flight transfer but on arriving we were 30mins waiting to check in. Our bathroom flooded when I had a shower and the staff were less then helpful when this happened. One member of staff very rudely walked into me while I was queuing to check in. She looked like she was starting a night shift and she didn't apologize. Will look elsewhere in future.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Best service for our money.

Not complain here.

Everything was more than expected,the from desk had a person from Spain and he was a great help,specially to my wife,whom English is not too fluent..

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

For the most part very good value.
    • Superior Twin Room

The bed mattresses kept moving away from the wall and sideways.............I did mention this to reception, otherwise no real issues, we got the twin beds and shower we asked for.

Breakfast is always good at Novotel. The room was good if a little far from reception for a couple with mobility problems. It was also quiet so much appreciated. Good room rates.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

It was the perfect place to stay overnight before our early morning flight.
    • Superior Queen Room

The room was most spacious, comfortable and quiet for sleeping. My husband and I enjoyed a delicious meal from the restaurant at the hotel. We had to be at Stansted airport very early in the morning. The shuttle bus made that easy and stress free.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

A good nights sleep!
    • Superior Queen Room

The airport-hote busl transfer was cash only which was extra hassle we didn’t need.

What you’d expect from a Novotel - smartly presented, clean and good customer service.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

The hotel is a great option if you need to stay close to the airport. It has everything you need!
    • Superior Queen Room

The breakfast could have been cheaper - or better yet, included in the price! The shower pressure is very weak.

The hotel is clean and modern, and the rooms spacious. The airport shuttle runs frequently.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Not so comfy beds as advertised!
    • Superior Twin Room

the bed mattress....every movement woke us. Springs noisy...we had 2 nights stay, one at start and one at end of holiday, barely slept! Blood stain on duvet too.

location and airport shuttle

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Good place for an overnight airport transit

free shuttle bus.

room quiet and comfortable and big with great size tv queen executive room; location though you have to pay for shuttle bus on top of hotel which is nonsensical should be free.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Relaxing after a long trip abroad
    • Superior Queen Room

The person checking us in wasn’t very friendly or informative. He treated us as if we were bothering him by asking questions. Also while the shuttle is convenient and wonderfully run the price is a bit steep at £3 each way.

The rooms were very nice - clean, updated, and comfortable. The late check out is always a plus and the amenities included in the room are great quality.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Novotel
    • Superior Queen Room

Was overcharged on check out, after calling up I received a refund two weeks later which still didn't equal the amount I was overcharged originally

Everything facilities wise was fantastic

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Comfortable room and shower room.
    • Superior Queen Room

there's only a bedside table one side of the bed (the side I like to sleep!!), I think - I just pulled the occasional table over!!

Comfortable room and shower room. Good cupboard space, safe if I needed it, hairdryer in room. I've stayed twice now because I've used Green Motion car hire and I find it works well arriving STN late in evening (11.30!!) and taking shuttle. I find it excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Nice room.
    • Superior Queen Room

Room 104, bathroom smelled of sewage and sink didn't drain water away, so after I had brushed my teeth, I couldn't have a wash!😕

Lovely room and amenities. Very close to airport and regular shuttle for £3.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Great value for money!
    • Superior Queen Room

The airport shuttle could be free, considering that most people stay at the hotel because of its vicinity to Stansted. There was no remote control in the room when I arrived and the reception did not pick up the phone for 4 times. However the lady at the floor service was really helpful and promptly responded to my questions and requests herself.

The hotel is conveniently located in the vicinity of Stansted airport, with a direct shuttle service. Both the room and the bathroom were really spacious and clean. The room is equipped with kettle, sofa and a big TV screen. I requested room service and although to be honest the pizza was not the best ever, it was huge and prepared really quickly.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Never again
    • Superior Queen Room

- Complete incorrect billing! (over 218 GBP to much were charged) - Still no invoice (due to problems with printer at hotel, they insured we will get the invoice via mail never received anything) - No possibility to communicate with staff or customer service (after 7 mails via Booking.com & Accor someone responded / from Booking.com we have never received an answer - Australian (?) customer service has bad availability due to time difference

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

A very stylish hotel we will definitely stay in again.
    • Superior Queen Room

The menu wasn't great and we weren't inspired by much. We were disappointed that my Caesar salad was mostly lettuce so it was very pricey for what it was.

The receptionists were super friendly. The room was very comfortable and we loved the huge flatscreen tv!!! The bathroom was gorgeous.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Business trip
    • Superior Queen Room

Noise from the airport but it is located near the airport.........Didn't have the breakfast as I thought £13 was a bit steep.

Very comfortable and the facilities were perfect. Decent menu and beer selection.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Good hotel, clean, friendly staff, excellent restaurant, ideal location for long stay car park.
    • Superior Queen Room

Check your reservation details, overnight parking was an unexpected extra.

Ideal location for airport and long stay car park, as was a last minute booking due to unexpected snowfall.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Nothing special for price too cooperate not friendly.
    • Superior Queen Room

Flight arrived late not our fault, had to go all the way to coach stand to find out last bus had finished need then to queue for a taxi £14.00 extra cost. Also hotel had bathroom accessories were poor, no shower cap, no tooth brushes no toothpaste. As we have travelled through Europe these items are the standard. Room had very little room around hard to open/close curtains as a second bed in place we had not requested this. Tea/coffee limited. So I would rate my overall stay as ok and disappointed after reading the reviews. Hotel proberly suit business user more as hidden cost and not worth it for a stop over.

Nothing special for price too cooperate not friendly.

very lovely ,would stay again
    • Superior Queen Room

I dont think the bed linen was changed before our arrival. The under sheet was creased and we found some hair. :(

very modern room, big TV, restaurant food was brilliant,breakfast very nice.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Room was very clean, tidy and large.
    • Superior Twin Room

Room was very clean, tidy and large. Have big screen television, mini bar and a twin bed. I really like the design of the room which gives you the comfort of your own house.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

• Superior Queen Room

The time that I spend in Novotel was very short but extremely comfortable cause of great personnel, very cosy bedroom and extremely clean bathroom. Breakfast was nice and tasty.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Novotel at Stanstead
    • Superior Queen Room

Room was not very quiet. Restaurant has struggled with staff and everyone was waiting very long for food on the day. There were guests sending food back as it came cold. However my food was very tasty.

Very close to Stanstead Airport. Suttle bus every 0.5h to and from hotel. Nice spacious room. Very quick and easy check in and check out.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Ever so comfortable!
    • Superior Twin Room

Even though I mentioned that we will stay until 2 pm for extra fee I didn’t like reception to call our room ask when we planning to Ieave

Ever so comfortable! Staff are lovely very friendly and discreet ! Felt well looked after ! Will definetly visit again

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Ok
    • Superior Queen Room

Bought a 'supreme queen bed'. The hotel said that's how they advertise all their double rooms. Seems like false advertising. No pool despite being advertised with one.

Convenient location for airport

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Lovely.
    • Superior Queen Room

A little noisy with doors slamming in the night. and the bed wasn't that comfy but overall a nice place to stay.

Excellent breakfast and dinner very good chef.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

It was a very pleasant stay
    • Superior Queen Room

I did not expect the shuttle bus costs £3 each way but it was no big deal. Maybe it should have mentioned on the website.

Food was towards pricy side but it tasted good plus the service was very good.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Overnight stay prior to a flight.
    • Superior Queen Room

Waiting to check in for ages by a door that kept opening and as it was snowing/sleating outside was cold.

Overnight stay prior to a flight. Pefect location for Jet Parks. Bed comfortable and room more than adequate. Had an evening meal, limited menu but ok, nothing special.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

Convenient and economical accommodation for Stansted Airport.
    • Superior Queen Room

The staff appeared to be a little lazy and slow to action.

The bed was very comfortable. The shower was fantastic. The block-out curtains were very effective. The hotel was very quiet.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

My holiday began as soon as I set foot in the hotel !!
    • Superior Twin Room

Plenty of sockets and mirrors - very important for ladies and where so many other hotels let themselves down !! Loved the toiletries , soft fluffy towels and good selection of tea and coffee

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

Convenient,excellent service and facilities. Disappointed the car parking was not included in price
    • Superior Twin Room

Nothing, excellent service all round,disappointed as presumed car park fee was included in price.

Convenience, booked due to impending weather forecast,pre booked long stay car park so bonus as just few minutes from hotel. Staff courteous and very helpful. Excellent facilities.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

very good
    • Superior Queen Room

the shuttle bus driver from the airport to the hotel was not as friendly as he could of been, and even a smile would not have hurt him or cost him a penny .. May be this should be addressed as he is the very first person or representative of the hotel that most of us meet.

It is a very nice place, very clean and friendly.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

I do not think I will return to this hotel
    • Superior Queen Room

I had been to this hotel before and it was a lot better when it was under different ownership. The bed was not very comfortable, the towels were of a lower quality and the breakfast, which previously had been superb was lukewarm, the tables had not been cleared/cleaned and not all items were available with no staff milling around to assist.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

Nice room, but lacking in services and staff, in what would be out of normal business hours.
    • Superior Queen Room

The fact that it says on advertising 24 hour service, but was unable to actually get service, when wanting a late meal. Nobody was answering the phones, so I had to go downstairs to look for somebody, at which took me a while to even find one person to assist me. I was unable to get a suitable meal and there was definitely no 24 hour room service as advertised.

That there was everything needed in the room for a comfortable short stay.