Reviews of Hilton Manchester Deansgate 4 stars

303 Deansgate, Manchester City Centre, Manchester, M3 4LQ, United Kingdom

#40 of 93 hotels in Manchester

5.7

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Receptionist on Sunday was really rude and had an attitude problem Room had not been cleaned by 4.00pm Not what you expect at this level of hotel

Amazing location The best hotel swimming pool I have ever experienced Bar team led by Mattieo were again the best I have ever experienced

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Only gripe was shower head wouldn’t stay in position every time Pressure of water was turned on it swung round and sprayed the wall rather than me other than that enjoyed our stay

Hotel restaurant was great

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

I wasn't impressed by the size of the pool, much too small, it was long, but when 2 people were swimming that was enough, no room for 3, you had to put your arms in as the 3rd person was passing you. For such a large hotel the pool should be a lot bigger. The Spa made up for it, although the spa double room had one comfie bed and the other not so confortable.

The breakfast is amazing, not your normal hotel breakfast and we had smoothie shots made from Spinach, apple, rocket & avocado. The Spa was great, excellent staff with attention to detail.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

No bar, breakfast wasan't included, rooms average

The rooms are average. We paid a ridiculously high rate which didn't include breakfast. It was fine for the purpose of our stay as we weren't really there much but I wouldn't say it was a particularly amazing hotel. There was no bar to go to when we came back in either which was really disappointing.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Not much parking availability unless you pay Rooms need updating, mine was very tired and needed new carpet I’ve machine didn’t work

Room were clean and tidy Connor was excellent at concierge as I left my car with them and he brought my bags to the room.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

The room was a bit shabby and the decor quite dated. The picture above the bed was very damaged and hadn't been repaired. The view was good but as the window was very dirty it spoiled the effect a little.

Excellent breakfast with a lot of choice and welcome drink which was a nice touch.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

2 cracks in the window which looked like gun shots. I paid nearly £150 for less than 24 hours in the room so I don’t expect to see cracks in the window. Also woke up to the cleaner banging on the room door at 10am in the morning and then again at 11am and when I answered he just stared at me which was really weird. I asked him isn’t check out at 12pm and he replied I don’t know. Not the best service.

Bathroom was nice and clean, view was lovely and room was just the right size.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Room 914 Blunt member of staff at check in No free WiFi, even though that’s what was being promoted Overpriced restaurants and services Shower handle was broke and hot water was going everywhere No toiletries and when requested twice, didn’t receive anything Loud events during day Overpriced for nothing special apart from the location Very poor overall Shame as The Hilton hotels in Dubai are on a much higher level of professionalism.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Not enough loungers around the pool area

We’ve recently had a fantastic stay at the Hilton deans gate the staff there were absolutely amazing The location of the hotel is fab all in all an excellent stay

• Queen Room - Mobility Access

Rude reception staff, steam room not working early morning, dirty room, broken shower door handle, very dirty outside windows, old gym equipment, plastic plants around the pool, dirty sauna, sad olive trees at entrance and overpriced!!

Breakfast was okay.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Another hotel that has removed toilet brushes from the bathroom. #Ihate skidmarks!

Very well located, within easy reach of Manchester's main areas. The views over Manchester. Afternoon tea at Cloud23 was great. Breakfast selection is excellent and the staff are great.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Bath/shower fiddley.The combined on/off arrangements are managed by trial and error. Amongst the worst we have encountered! The magnified mirror is a joke. It is impossible to secure it at a required angle. The bathroom is not untypical,high on design and very low on practicality.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

The pool and changing rooms were really unclean, Jacuzzi not filtering hair, towels left pool side - unpleasant experience overall

Breakfast and breakfast area enjoyable. Room a little tired overall room cleanliness good.

• Queen Room - Mobility Access

Customer service could have been better took around 40 minutes to check in.used to pool and hot tub which I was really looking forward too. when arrived the staff was very helpful got into the pool area to be laughed at sniggered at by other guest also heard comments from them about other guests which was very unpleasant they also felt uncomfortable and left like we did too I complained to the pool staff and the manager who said they will sort it they came back and apologiesed and said there isn't much we can do about other guests behaviour I'm very sorry about this and that was it Finally we was able to enter out room 1hr earlier which was good got into the room carpet was worn near the bathroom toilet seat sliding side to side no shower curtain in the bathroom so after all we went out to come back to the room to get some sleep to the toilet banging water splashing for a few others in till 2 am so I won't be returning again especially for what I have paid

The views was amazing

Many staff unwelcoming bordering on rude, eg breakfast staff, Cloud 23 staff, checkout staff Armchair in bedroom dirty Bathroom sink tap wouldn’t turn off properly We had a leak in the room that dripped from the ceiling from about 4am. We put the bin under it to protect the carpet with tissues in to keep the sound down of the drip drip drip. When kindly informing staff on checkout I was curtly told I should’ve rung Reception to inform them - even at 4am when we were trying to get sleep. Who would want to pack and move rooms at 4am? Cloud 23 was a disappointment after being there a few times in the past. Pricey drinks, £3.80 for crisps, weirdly placed furniture so conversation is difficult.....unfriendly staff. This was a special birthday for our friend. We should’ve stayed at the Radisson Edwardian....

Good location Deluxe bedroom was roomy with a good bathroom Breakfast choice good but no menu cooked to order so I missed being able to have my favourite eggs Benedict

• Executive King Room with City View and Lounge Access

Had Breakfast returned to my room to find my wife's gold ring had been stolen by the cleaners. even though there was DND on the door. - Hilton were not really helpful.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

On arrival I was told our room was not ready and had to wait for 45-60 minutes for it to be cleaned. We went out and did a bit of shopping and came back 1.5 hour later and was in the que to check in for at least another 25-30 minutes.

The hotel had the best views over looking the city.

We waited over an hour and a half to eventually check in only to walk into our room and find someone else already in there and in the middle of getting changed (quite literally). After complaining we eventually got our room which was fine but we were late for our meal and concert! All we were offered as compensation was 25% refund and a free breakfast! Not good enough and not the standard of service expected!

It’s a lovely building in a great area

Waiting over 3 hours for our room! And a stranger walking in

Had a night mare had to wait 3 hours to get our room. Then when we finally got it at 5pm my partner was having a shower and some stranger walked in our room. Staff had given him a key saying the room was empty and his.didnt feel safe at all leaving my belongings there!!!

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Price for what we got wasn’t good £188 for one night and that didn’t include breakfast not the greatest

Room was really clean price of breakfast not good at all but staff and venue really good

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton , everyone was super friendly including the person I met at the swimming pool, who was ‘Up here on business’ and was quite clearly a purveyor of ‘Bolivian marching powder’

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

I booked the Hilton as it had a spa and pool along with the location. The pool was very dirty with green algie on the steps into the pool and around the outside. The tiles were also green in places and the edge of the pool was disgusting, Water was available but no cups and the Jacuzzi had a lot of black around the edges. Very disappointing for a Hilton. I expected better for £205.00 a night. The staff were excellent but I would not return.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

We arrived at 16.00 to find out we could not check in due to our room not being ready. When check in is 14.00. We were told to come back in 30 mins so we had a walk out came back at gone 17.00 to give plenty of time and our room still wasn't ready. They finally Got us a room at 17.30. Don't expect it off the calibre of hotel.

Hotel was clean and tidy wherever you went. Is a very good breakfast and in a great location. Staff always polite

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

View from room was not great, parking was expensive and away from hotel. Not much to do in the local area

Room very comfortable, service excellent and great choice and quality of breakfast.

• Executive King Room with Lounge Access

Staff were very attentive to our needs and nothing to was to much bother

The staff most definately and the central location which made for a great view over the city from the bar.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Comfortable room with an amazing view of the city! The leisure centre was clean and had great facilities. Staff were very friendly and helpful and when we said we were there for a birthday organised a free cocktail for us in Cloud 23 bar.

Up on arrival to the hotel we were told they had no record of our booking. Bearing in mind we booked almost 1 year in advance. They found us a room only when we said we would complain to the management. We feel the rrom we were given was not equal to the one we paid for. Also check in was supposed to be at 3 and we had a concert to be at got half 5 getting into our room late meant we had to cancel all other plans and head straight out to the concert. Overall not what I expected for the money. I have put a complaint in to cooperate and I am awaiting a reply.

The beds were well presented and comfortable

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

45 minutes queue for check-in, room not ready, complete lack of organisation and awareness of the volume of guests having to wait in the bar and reception areas as their rooms were also not ready. Fire alarms sounded twice in the night and the cleaners also entered the room twice to add to the disturbance. A very disappointing experience and not what you would expect from a Hilton hotel.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

1) service from booking line (directly with Hilton) very poor, ended up using booking.com instead 2) arrived at 4:30 and ended up waiting 20-30 minutes for a room to be available despite check in being from 3pm 3) ultimately the Hilton is a nice hotel but not on par with other hotels of the same price point. At more than £200 per night I would expect more quality rooms and higher level of service. My advice to anyone would be to book elsewhere in this price point.

View from the room amazing and breakfast lovely.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Didn’t feel up to date, Carpet in the room was dirty and the hotel bar didn’t have a cosy / trendy atmosphere. Expected more for prices we paid for drinks and a nights stay compared to other Hilton hotels.

• Queen Room - Mobility Access

We didnt have a bath only a shower (wet room)

The room was gorgeous and the view was amazing. The hotel is situated near lots of bars and restaurants but you do not hear any of them from your room.

Paying three pound for not using or taking anything out of mini bar

Breakfast was wonderful also spa facility was a very welcome break in a very busy weekend staff were very attentive nothing was to much trouble

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Over priced. No free WiFi. The room was basic have stayed in better hotels that are a lot cheaper. No tv unless u pay extra. View was of a concrete car park and puddle. Should of saved my money and stayed at the travel lodge. left at 2am as would prefer to stay in my own bed. Will never stay here again. Staff didn't even ask why i was leaving at 2am. They also tried to say i had to pay extra for my breakfast that was included in my room. I didn't stay to find out what the breakfast was like. Was ment to be a treat for my daughters birthday ed sheeran n a luxury hotel. A complete waste of £260 for 1 night in a hotel.

Leaving

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Not a 5 star hotel in my eyes, I’ve stayed in nicer 4 stars. Outdated for a Hilton hotel, shower and bath water didn’t work well and no smart TV.

Friendly staff

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

I was disappointed for the amount of money I spent on the room. I expected high quality rooms but it was very 80s in the corridors and the room decor wasn’t great. We didn’t even get a bath robe! The light shades look worn just think it needs a face lift if they are charging such high rates. I have stayed in hotels for a lot less and received a higher standard room than what I got for over £190. They only gave us fizzy water which wasn’t my preference. The bathroom was nice though and the breakfast I stayed at the Stickio Hilton in Venice which is in a completely different league!

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

That when we had an issue with payment others in our group were given free access to the executive bar. We however had to pay 30! Not consistent.

Locations is great!

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

The room was small for the price. The room was slightly smelly. We were 'sold' an upgarde to the lounge with free drinks and breakfast. This consisted of a room in a poor state with lots of rowdy people.

The view and location is second to none.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Room hadn't been cleaned overnight, no tea or coffee etc, no clean towels. I would expect a better service considering the cost of the rooms

Room was good size and breakfast was fab!

• Executive King Room with Lounge Access

It is quite expensive drinking in Cloud 23 with cocktails ranging from £13-24:00 but the views are second to none.

We booked an executive room and it was well with the extra money, in the executive lounge area the staff were brilliant especially maître d’ Adrian who was superb.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Unfortunately there was a very loud group staying next door who were also smoking and this went on into the next morning and although the hotel staff acted efficiently and promptly to try and resolve the problem when we had complained it ruined our night.

• Executive King Room with City View and Lounge Access

Our booking.com reservation wasn't on the system when we arrived at the hotel which wasn't a good start to our stay, thankfully we had the reservation number and the room cleanliness wasn't up to the same standard as a previous visit last year

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Everything was perfect apart from the heating system in the room. It was difficult to get right and we were cold.

Pool area lovely and light. Great selection of bars and fantastic breakfast

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Emailed ahead and no response received for my queries. Asked again when checking in, told would reply later they're too busy in the morning. Asked again when returning from evening out, asked to resend the email to the night Manager?! Who did respond but it was all a little too late.... Did not support my dietary needs, when there's a Sainsbury's across the road to inform us no Almond milk at 10.30 and won't get any until next day as no delivery??!!!

Pool & Spa were fabulous

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

The double bed was pretty small. It was fine as I was alone but if I was with my partner it would not have been very small.

Good size room, immaculate and very quiet. Perfect stay.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Swimming pool tiles covered in mould glass panels and jacuzzi

Nice room nice hotel swimming pool areas loads of mould on tiles in pool and jacuzzi covered in mould. Upgraded to executive room upgrade but was not informed of free continental breakfast each morning or the exclusive use of the lounge on 23rd floor very disappointed we discovered this on our checkout day.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

I did not like the frosted glass panel at the side of my bed which is in the bathroom, when the bathroom light is on, completely wakes you up because it illuminated the room, who worked that out.

Loved the room and the view, comfortable bed,nice linen.

• Deluxe Queen Room

A few hidden charges that wasnt explained at all

Breakfast was brilliant, Bed was comfy, Hotels location in city centre good spot and easy to find/access

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Checked parking prices on the website on the day we travelled and it said £25 for 24 hour parking, however on arrival was told it had gone up to £40! They were helpful enough though and directed us to a public car park just over the road and they discount your ticket by 15%, so worked out at about £21 to park.

We were offered low/medium/high for our room hight level when we arrived which was a nice touch. Really liked the floor to ceiling windows in the room. Nice bathroom. Location was brilliant, right on Deansgate and walking distance (5 mins) to plenty of nice restaurants and bars. Ice machines on each floor were a nice extra.

• Queen Room - Mobility Access

Would always like to pay less !

A great hotel in a great City! Good location with great City views and the cloud bar is an experience not to be missed. Breakfast was lovely as were all the staff.

• Executive King Room with Lounge Access

Waited 15 minutes at bar by reception in morning around 11:30 wanting a glass of coke. No one around so left and walked down the road elsewhere.

Fabulous selection for breakfast , friendly staff.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Rooms were a bit tatty, stained carpets, cheep and nasty built in furniture. Stayed in much better for a tiny fraction of the price.

Building, staff and facilities

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

The rooms yet again were clean and fresh and the facilities were great. The staff are lovely and always willing to help. The food is excellent and I couldn't fault anything or anyone.

• Queen Room - Mobility Access

Costis not worth it. furniture was poor quality , fixtures were very poor quality and full of silly design features that were clearly a fashion over practical choice. Didn't work properly and difficult to use.

The view.(on a good day) And position/location of hotel

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

It’s a bit of a walk to town or from the train station but there’s plenty of public transport/taxi services available if you’ve got a lot of luggage/need assistance.

Great hotel if you’re looking for a treat! Spacious, comfortable rooms with amazing views of the city, we were on 9th floor. Relaxing spa facilities. Fantastic big buffet breakfast. Staff were friendly and attentive. (Photo is of our view.)

Wi-fi a little slow.

The staff were amazing- friendly, helpful and dealt with every request with a smile. Fantastic breakfast with pancake machine and fresh honeycombe. Great location, amazing cocktail Bar with fantastic views on the 23 Rd floor and very comfortable beds. Lovely swimming pool and hot tub.

• Queen Room - Mobility Access

Having to come all way downstairs to queue to go for drink in cloud bar people from outside coming in for afternoon tea taking priority and we had paid lit of money for our stay we were waiting nearly hour to disorganised

Staff lovely anf breakfast great

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Breakfast very expensive at £17 per person!

Excellent location! Right near lots of pubs and shops. Tram is a two minute walk which takes you all over city. Will definitely be back!

• Executive King Room with Lounge Access

I found breakfast in the executive lounge rather odd in that there were only side plates on offer for a cooked breakfast.

The access to the executive lounge where the staff were all really lovely, especially the Count! The views. The swimming pool leisure facilities are small but large enough for the number of people using them.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Disappointed that WiFi and parking was not included given the price of the room itself.

Breakfast buffet was amazing, if not a little expensive, but set us up for the day.

All the coffee in the room was decaf so we didn't drink it. It would have been nice to have normal coffee in the room and lactose free creamers since I informed you of my intolerance.

For this trip I liked the location of the hotel - very convenient! Very clean room, too which certainly leaves a good impression. We definitely enjoyed our stay and also the swimming pool was an excellent place to relax.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Parking is ridiculously expensive... Understandably it is a city centre, but 40GBP?? Also, when the bar closes upstairs, the revellers end up in the lobby and can be pretty noisy and drunk, though not directly Hilton's fault.

Location is great. Great views.

• Queen Room - Mobility Access

Afer reading some prior 'not good' reviews about the food we were absolutely delighted with the meal we had in the restaurant it was excellent. All the Staff were most pleasant and attentive. We enjoyed going up to Cloud23 after our meal and having a cocktail and looking out over the city, it was a great experience.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Free WiFi wasn't free, it was £12.99 and we only had one bar. Disappointing.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Cleanliness of the room and decor of the hotel was very good.

• Executive King Room with City View and Lounge Access

There was a revolting smell in the bedroom, we’re not the kind to fuss really and ask for a room change etc so we just put up with it but every time we walked in the room it was there again

When we checked in it was really hot so we were rather dressed down, nevertheless all the staff were welcoming, valet parking was brilliant and check-in was simple, the hotel is beautiful and the rooms are spacious

Breakfast choice could have been better. Certainly not worth the £28 per person.

The hotel was brilliant. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was very comfortable.

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

The changing rooms at the swimming pool were really dirty and not at the standard level expected for hilton. The mattress was a bit old and the room was close to the lift and we could hear it all night long .

The swimming pool location

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Amazing stay for my boyfriends Birthday. Given a complimentary upgrade by the gent on reception as a happy birthday. Loved it from start to finish would recommend and will absolutely stay again.

• Executive King Room with Lounge Access

It was my boyfriends birthday and every staff member we came across wished him a happy birthday- from when we had checked in, to when we went down to breakfast to the staff in the exec lounge staff- and Adrian I think he was called?- (from the executive lounge) had brought him out plate of mini desert cakes saying happy birthday in icing sugar! All the little touches were what made our weekend one to remember, will definitely be returning! Thank you to all the amazing staff members for making it so special.

I couldn’t understand two things. 1- How the upstairs bar cost exactly twice the amount as the downstairs bar for the exact same drinks 2- Why you don’t get breakfast included when spending £290 on a room

The service was first class

• Executive King Room with City View and Lounge Access

We had to move rooms five times because we had two rooms where the tv didn’t work then we had a downgraded room compared to what we paid for then we got moved to a room which had a water leak! So we had to move again! We was told we can use the spa facilities when ever we want but when we turned up they said we had to pre book and we had clarified this before hand and they said no you just turn up! We was mislead and missold with this hotel! Even the lift was dodgy going up and down! Worse ever experience!

Hotel staff tried to be helpful as much as they can but how ever the hotel itself is over rated and did not live up to the expectations!

• Queen Hilton Guestroom

Breakfast a bit expensive for what it is

Rooms were very spacious, friendly staff, brilliant location right next to the bars and restaurants and only a 10 minute walk from arndale shopping centre, and the jacuzzi and spa were a bonus

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

I wasn't aware that the mini bar was censored so I removed items to store milk in the fridge (did not use the items). Upon check out the member of staff claimed that I had used the mini bar when I hadn't. Think this should be made clearer.

The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

After requesting late check out and receiving a confirmation from the venue via bookings.com we were upset to be charged an extra £40, £20 per hour. On presenting the confirmation reception told us they wouldn’t honour this and we had no option but to pay....thanks Hilton!

• Executive King Room with City View and Lounge Access

It was one of the worst hotels I ever been in my life. Horrible but HORRIBLE service, bad food. It is the clear example of a hotel that was good in the past and now it has one of the worst hosting experience ever. You can be tempted to book, just find another option. I hope it goes out of business soon or changes the management and restaurante service.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Left property behind, I called twice and emailed twice and they promised to call me back and 3 conversations later they still haven’t called me, very very poor customer service after you’ve paid guys!

View