Reviews of Hilton Northampton Hotel 4 stars

100 Watering Lane, Collingtree, Northampton, NN4 0XW, United Kingdom

#5 of 15 hotels in Northampton

Ok
    • Double Double Guestroom

Smell of carpet cleaning products in accomodation corridors. Room doors being closed, constant thud from first departure at 6am until we went to breakfast at 10.30.

All foods at breakfast clearly labelled

The staff was super helpful and did not hesitate to help and...
    • Double Double Guestroom

The toilet flush was really hard to push- and more so for the children. There should be an easier one.

The staff was super helpful and did not hesitate to help and help properly. Breakfast was superb and very well served. Rooms were comfortable quiet and clean. We could settle in without any difficulty.

The food was rubbish.
    • Double Double Guestroom

The food was rubbish. £17 for a curry and two of the same meals were so different it’s unreal. Different colour rice. Two different colour prices of chicken

Location near to motorway
    • Deluxe Double Room

Expensive for a very tired, dated hotel. Paper thin walls; we could hear EVERYTHING going on in the room next to us. Not a pleasant stay.

Location near to motorway

Nice hotel needing some updating.
    • Deluxe Double/Double Room

Dinner menu was a little disappointing, service was a little slow and the food was ok, but expensive for what it was.

The breakfast buffet was incredible, so much variety and keep well topped up. The free hot chocolate vouchers for the kids was a nice touch.

Avoid the restaurant. An unfriendly waitress added her tips without our knowledge !!!!!!!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was an issue with the restaurant. On our arrival we asked reception if we needed to book a table for dinner, and we were told that as long as we got to the restaurant by 8:30 PM there would be no need to book. At 8:25 PM we got to the restaurant, and we were told by a waitress that the restaurant was fully booked and we should have booked. After telling the waitress that at the reception we were told that no booking was required, a table was available to us. Since the waitress was not very nice with us, I decided not to leave any tip. When the restaurant bill arrived, the total was about £99, and I left £100. The bill is now showing £109.82. I definitely wrote £100 on the slip, and I did tell reception that it was not right. I was told at reception that they charged me only £100, but when I checked the invoice on this email, and my credit card, I was actually charged £109.82. It's unbelievable that a restaurant at the Hilton Hotel can act like that and simply take customer's money without their will. This is a matter of principle. I have not been treated well at the restaurant and I decided not to leave any tips, since they didn't deserve it. And when I left they simply took £17.82 as tips. The slip I signed clearly stated £100 with a stroke after the last 0. So, I would like to have a copy of the payment slip I signed at the restaurant, which has been tempered with, and should I not receive a prompt and satisfactory reply I will take this matter further, as someone has obviously taken my money against my will, therefore someone has STOLEN from me.

The room was very nice and cosy.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

I booked 2 rooms for myself husband and 3 children, we were...
    • Deluxe Double/Double Room

Nothing it was exactly what we needed for a one night stay prior to participating in an athletics tournament.

I booked 2 rooms for myself husband and 3 children, we were given neighbouring rooms which were an excellent size with lovely large comfortable beds. The staff were extremely helpful and attentive. Our evening meal in the restaurant was excellent accommodating both myself and daughter superbly with gluten free meals. The breakfast was excellent and the swimming pool welcome entertainment after our journey.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Sorry but wont be staying here again
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The noise of the A45 Traffic and corridor noise overnight. No individual lighting control in the bedroom, Wines and Shorts very over priced, Coffee served by the restaurant, no body or taste, Kenco sachet in room better flavour.

The Chicken Curry, The bed was very comfortable.

Although there was a problem with the gas no hot food was...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Although there was a problem with the gas no hot food was available we were offered free cold food, and for breakfast the next morning every effort was made to offer a full English.

Quick stop over on way to London
    • Double Double Guestroom

Nothing we did not like. All excellent

The staff were incredibly friendly. The location great - just off the M1. Room service fast and the breakfast was the best we've seen in a long time. Thoroughly recommend.

The food was nice and the bed sizes are good.
    • Double Double Guestroom

My bathroom was dirty, hairs in the sink before I used it, stains on walls and carpet, poor craftsmanship in bathroom I.e mastic around bath/shower and mirror

The food was nice and the bed sizes are good.

Jacuzzi not working.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Jacuzzi not working. No gas either so we’re not able to order food as they were unable to cook it. We were not informed of this at check in either. So had to go without dinner. Everything was fine.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The room was lovely and clean with towels and slippers and...
    • Deluxe Double Room

I loved my whole stay. There is nothing I did not like.

The room was lovely and clean with towels and slippers and big bath to relax in. And Olivia couldn’t be more helpful. The jacuzzi and pool was lovely end to our stay. Thank you.

Breakfast was good and a good selection
    • Double Double Guestroom

The price of the food in the restaurant was really expensive and the food quality was awful, pre prepared and microwaved food

Breakfast was good and a good selection Family room was nice although a little out dated

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Wont be stopping anywhere else on my visits to Northampton

NA

The room was large and comfy. The lady on the check in Olivia was very polite and helpful. The room service was great and good value. Breakfast was great too with lots of choice and perfect poached egg's :)

The breakfast was amazing great selection food cooked lovely
    • Deluxe Double/Double Room

Beds weren't comfy pillows were awful no WiFi oh actually there was WiFi but you had to pay £14.99 for 24 hours what a joke o

The breakfast was amazing great selection food cooked lovely

Really enjoyable and stress free stay
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Our room was by the pool on the ground floor but we had to walk all the way round which was a bit silly, I am sure something could be worked out for that. Other than that it was all good.

Breakfast was really good, staff really chatty but professional. I really enjoyed the gym and pool. We stayed after we checked out with no issue. Bed was great and I slept well, room spacious.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Other than below comments all was good and very acceptable
    • Double Double Guestroom

The carpet in our room had clearly been recently wet cleaned as wet to walk on and did leave a slight musky scent in room as still wet

Other than below comments all was good and very acceptable

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Uncomfortable stay
    • Double Double Guestroom

Provided with a travel cot but no mattress for our baby (the travel cot only had a hard base) very unsuitable. Mattresses are available for the type of travel cot provided and I would recommend it is purchased for other babies to use. Very uncomfortable sleep due to the lack of mattress in the cot.

Swimming pool

Hotel needs air conditioning'hardly slept just laid there sweating' and the fan supplied did little.
    • Double Double Guestroom

No air conditioning and it was 29 degrees outside' maybe slept 1 hour then had drive to South coast' shattered

leisure facilities' close to m1

Would of been perfect but break fast well lack of was very poor and not what we were told
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Breakfast. On arrival we told reception desk that we needed to leave earlier than breakfast so they said no problem and took our order of 1 x sausage and bacon sandwich and 1 x sausage bacon and egg. Along with passtereis and yoghurts. Next morning collect our breakfast. Which contained 1 x bottle of water 1 x yoghurt and I hal sandwich. All went in the bin and we brought our breakfast later on somewhere else. Very poor. And very disappointing

The hotel was top quality. Very clean and lovely comfy rooms

Staff were attentive and friendly.
    • Deluxe Double/Double Room

Rooms were too hot (it was a very warm evening, but air conditioning would definitely made our stay more comfortable). We felt that the food in the restaurant or for room service was too expensive and some cheaper options would have improved things for us.

Staff were attentive and friendly. Swimming pool and beautician excellent. Breakfast very good. Bed comfortable.

Room was a surprise in size comparing with other hotels we...
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The location, as we were not allowed into the room until 3pm so either sit in the hotel or drive to find facilities elsewhere. Other than that great hotel.

Room was a surprise in size comparing with other hotels we have stayed in. Even the bathroom was a a good size

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Very good and would be happy to stay again in the future.
    • Deluxe Double/Double Room

There was only 1 negative and that was around the pond and deck area. This area was very dirty with duck pooh everywhere and I wouldn't have allowed young children to be in this area. It would be very easy to clean this but the deck was in need of a deep clean and varnish. The pond was in need of cleaning and the whole area needed updated.

The room was lovely, spacious and bigger than most other family rooms we have booked recently. Restaurant was very good.

Wonderful and peaceful
    • Double Double Guestroom

The room was too hot and one fan was not good enough. No air conditioner and no fridge, these are the reason why it did not meet my expectations.

It was quite the location was fantastic and staff were helpf

Rooms need air con
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Although Web site says air con, none in rooms just a free standing fan to use in the wardrobe! Not all showers in leisure complex working and in need of refurbishment

Good location, beds comfortable, reasonable price

Had a great weekend in silverston however would not return to this hotel
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Rooms in desperate need of an upgrade, bathroom old and sink grubby, not the standard I would expect from the Hilton and this was not reflected in the price

Friendly staff who made text contact on arrival and promptly changed our room on request Lovely breakfast!

Worst Hilton Hotel stay ever
    • Double Double Guestroom

Room was extremely hot and we can't put could drinks in the fridge because there is none in the room except we call the reception which took long than we expected.

Not recommended in this weather, no Air conditioner in the room, fan was provided but could hardly meet our need. There is no fridge either in the room. We had a rough night sleep, got soaked in my sweat, window does not open wide. Our room was located directly over the garden, lot of noise from people having nice time outside the garden. I will not recommend.

Get a lift fitted.
    • Suite

Based on the cost of the room which was not cheep I was supprised there was no air conditioning and the room remained very hot for the 4 days we were there, there was fan's in the room but these just moved the hot air around. Also I phoned to say I had a disability and wanted to know if I can park close to the hotel entrance and I was told that the disable parking was close, this was true so a good thing but it was three time's further to the room from reception than from the car to reception, the room was 289 which is on the second floor at the furthest end of the corridor and the hotel doesn't have a lift!

We had b& b for our stay, food and choice was very good

Short
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

When travelled to oxford couldn’t book in at reception as you don’t offer that facility Couldn’t be bothered to wait so stayed at express .

Location and secure parking

Nice stay in a quiet and well presented hotel. Lovely lobby area for chilling and meeting friends.

No fridge in the room

Breakfast was Excellent. So much choice, continental and full english, croissants, waffles, fruit, everything. You will be spoilt for choice. Good quality food and well presented. Loads of free parking.

Highly recommended and very competatively priced
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

It looked like it needed a refurb, the furnishings were old, the decor very old.

The food was excellent the staff went above and beyond there call of duty

Lovely hotel with fabulous staff
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The pool closed at 7pm so we had no chance to use it as we were at the Grand Prix for the weekend and back after the time it shut but with the heat it would have been lovely to go in there as our feet hurt from walking sommich

The staff were absolutely excellent couldn’t do enough forntou

The bathroom shower was too high and unadjustable height...
    • Double Double Guestroom

The bathroom shower was too high and unadjustable height wise. No clear instructions on how to use the smart tv and the wifi wasn't free for non members

Too Hot, corridor was cooler and would have been better to sleep outside but for the noisy M1
    • Deluxe Double Room

Shower useless, south facing with window that couldn't open very far, did have a fan, but at no point could we get the temperature below 27 degrees and that was by 10pm at night, was unbearable. Noisy M1 at the back. Restaurant prices expensive. Mustard chicken, expensive and didn't expect legs, cheaper cut of meat used. At £300 a night expected air conditioning for that as was a delux room.

Breakfast was good choice and staff couldn't be more helpful. Room good size.

Amazing place

The Jacuzzi wasn't working

Was an amazing experience. It was my partners birthday and they made sure our room was done lovely with a couple of extra bits like a cake and complimentary drinks. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great would defo stay again

met requirements of our stay
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Stayed here a number of times when visiting family in the area. Decent carpark, good assistance for family member with mobility issues. Breakfast had plenty of choice

It has a nice swimming pool and Jacuzzi.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The toilet didn't flush well. It wasn't really in walking distance to any shops. The food was pricey but nice. Would have liked a bigger bed and not squeaky. The tv pretty much stopped working after 9pm.

It has a nice swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The room was big and peaceful. The staff where helpful and happy. It was all clean and tidy.

everything was good
    • Double Double Guestroom

The gym is very small. The internet is hard to connect to They took 50 pounds out of my account to cover a potential bar/food tab, they took 3 days to put it back into my account, this was not appreciated the week before payday, I had £40 that I hadn't spent (id used £10)which was unavailable to me.

Comfortable and clean

stress free stay
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Some tv channels lose signal , my neighbour in the next room got really upset as they were watching the would cup , and lost signal , there was so much effing & blinding , banging and shouting ,i was expecting the TV to be launched out of the window at any time !

Spa area

Big room and comfy bed
    • Double Double Guestroom

Dinner and drinks expensive. Automatically charged service on drinks with dinner. Although location was good right next to junction, the room was very noisy close to the busy road and could also hear next door talking and television.

Big room and comfy bed

Rooms lovely and very comfortable
    • Double Double Guestroom

it was very busy , waitress forgot to bring my Tea, when she did could only give me a mug with a tea bag in and hot water

Food was lovely a lot of choice

Ok stay but issue unresolved
    • Deluxe Double Room

I left my bikini drying in the bathroom and accidentally left it behind. I rang up next day to let them know. I was told I’d be called in a few days by housekeeping. I then got a voicemail saying nothing was found. I rang back to ask them to double check they had checked the correct room as housekeeping has said the wrong number, they said they would check and callback, and I have heard nothing. It was expensive and dark blue so unmissable. Massive shame.

Pool is good, room fine.

We stayed just one night while visiting family, enjoyed the pool, but didn't use the restaurant.
    • Double Double Guestroom

Used wet wipes in the bush outside our window.

Dog friendly, with plenty of grassy space to walk our dog around the site. We also liked the family of Mallards in the 'courtyard garden'.

A huge let down
    • Double Double Guestroom

Not a lot as as service was very slow. Staff extremely unfriendly especially the lady supervising the breakfast. Toilet blocked and unable to flush. Did not report same as we were leaving anyway. Food very poor quality for the price. Wine was an exhorbitant price!!! 12.95 for a glass......

This was an expensive stay spoilt by very noisy guests.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The bed and pillows were very hard, too hard for a relaxing sleep. Worse still was the noise. We had asked for a quiet room. We were disturbed throughout the night as guests walked down the corridor talking. We heard the doors opening and banging shut, the sound of the bathroom being used in the next-door room, and the next-door guests shouting and slamming their doors at 4am. There was a constant stream of guests walking up and down the corridor throughout the night, and then young children running up and down the corridor from 7am. We barely slept at all.

The breakfast and evening meal were excellent. The staff in the restaurant were helpful and friendly.

For a hotel, the food is amazing,
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Not much scenic view, and it is a dated building. However they make up for these short comings every where else

The breaded wings- I am a big fan of wings, the breaded wings at this hotel left me going back for more. I loved it so much, i have had 'withdrawal symptoms' from eating chicken till I can go back (apologies to all my vegan fans). The lemon tart with gin and tonic ice cream is amazing. The combination of flavours sets your palette alight. Its like going on an exciting tea cup ride.

Horrendous - stay elsewhere
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

I travel regularly and I don't usually write reviews but felt it necessary to warn others to avoid this hotel. I asked the Hotel Manager to call me and he did not even have the decency to contact me to discuss my complaint.

Very good size of hotel room - nice TV, comfortable bed.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Better desk lamp as provided not sufficient light for paper work.

Very good size of hotel room - nice TV, comfortable bed. Separate desk for work - make up and to do hair. Very good breakfast - very good choice of continental and English meals. Very nicely done "boats" with granola, cream and fruits.

No air conditioning and poor service paid a lot of money to stay and was told basically nothing anyo
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

There was no air conditioning in the lobby and it was 25c in there, Went to our room for a shower before going to an event had a shower again no air conditioning and 27.5c in our room, put a clean white pressed shirt on and I was covered in sweat with my shirt going see through. Went to reception and complained and offered to put a fan in my room for when I got back. Not much use to me at 2am I thought!

Had a great stay besides the room issues
    • Deluxe Double/Double Room

3 rooms booked and all had problems. 2 with toilets not flushing and the other with ac / heating problem and mould all around the window. Rooms smelt stale. Deluxe rooms are of a much higher standard

Comfortable beds. The basic rooms could do with updating.

Good hotel but watch how they set up your account/payment!
    • Deluxe Double/Double Room

The payment process; I paid for the room in full in advance and then the hotel took a large pre-approval from my account and it took a week for the pre-approval to be refunded to my bank.

Location just off M1 and good parking.

Breakfast was good quality and staff were good and attentive
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Room was incredibly noisy. Windows offered no insulation from road noise. Walls were paper thin. Guests in adjoining room had violent arguments between 1am and 3am keeping us awake. Notified reception but unaware of any action. Furnishings tired and dusty

Breakfast was good quality and staff were good and attentive Bathroom in room was good and clean

Brilliant staff, excellent value for money and extremely comfortable.
    • Double Double Guestroom

I think the spa/swimming/gym facilities should be advertised more clearly. We had to go in search of the pool and had we have known about the treatments we may have booked. No information about this in our room.

Beds were so comfortable!!!!

It was underwhelming & disappointing
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

The staff were not friendly, I think they are used to corporate guests & not families / people staying for pleasure. Very little conversation in any dealings with staff. The rooms are very functional & there wasn't any info in the rooms about the pool, breakfast times etc. The pool has a ridiculous rule that all under 16s need an adult to be in the pool with them. Was a very average stay - with the exception of the food, that was excellent.

The breakfast was excellent, lots of choice & all well cooked & fresh. We also had room service & this was excellent too - lots of choice & well cooked, fabulous. £5 tray charge though

Not a Hilton
    • Double Double Guestroom

Just didn’t stand out as a Hilton , looks like a travel lodge but with a Hilton sign outside it , didn’t live up to my expectations and I thought it was overpriced , stayed in better premier inns

Facilities good sauna pool gym etc , rooms where clean with plenty of essentials

Convenient and comfortable hotel close to the motorway
    • Double Double Guestroom

Great location close to M 1 - big room on 1st floor with comfortable bed. Dinner was good and breakfast offered the usual spread. Friendly staff who were most welcoming.

Lovely hotel with lovely rooms and grounds, maybe invest in some new travel cots for your baby guest
    • Double Double Guestroom

We asked for a travel cot for our 10 month old baby which was provided but the mattress for it was way to small, which caused her to get wedged down the side between the mattress and wall of the cot which meant we had a bad nights sleep with her :(

I loved the size of the bath and the little ducklings outside our window

Superb, friendly and welcoming staff. Excellent room and fantastic value for money.
    • Double Double Guestroom

N/A as we liked everything

Staff were 10 out of 10 for customer service, a credit to your company. Facilities were excellent and room well exceeded our expectations.

Spoiled by random couple in next door room behaving without any regard for other guests
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room we had could not prevent unacceptable noise from next door room. The couple there arrived at 4.30am - popped cork and sang, shouted, swore for the next 3 hours! It was dreadful - no way to sleep through it. Totally ruined our weekend.

Staff were pleasant and helpful

It was very nice n clean
    • Double Double Guestroom

Staff weren't very happy and we also wasn't given enough guest amenities in room for how many of us were booked to stay there

It was very nice n clean

The gym, pool and jacuzzi were great.
    • Double Double Guestroom

Our room was not cleaned on Saturday. They can and put new towels but the ones in the bathroom were not taken out, bins not emptied, dirty cups not taken out, teas not replaced!

The gym, pool and jacuzzi were great. Breakfast was amazing. It’s just off the motorway which is great!

Lovely hotel very friendly staff and we enjoyed our stay
    • Deluxe Double/Double Room

First hotel I’ve stayed in for a very long time where they expect you to pay for WiFi....

A nice touch , we had a text from Ashleigh checking everything was ok with our room. We had one issue and they sorted within minutes....brilliant.

not impressed
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

no air con,mirror in bath was all faded,floor tiles grout was dirty,bath took an hour to fill,water came out so slow room 270,bath to small,no fridge bar,room very hot

not a lot to be fair

Would stay here again

Bath didn't fill up properly and water wasn't hot enough for me.

Good atmosphere. Accommodated extra guests for breakfast as it was the morning of my wedding and has groomsparty getting ready with me. Went above and beyond for breakfast.

Ok for a budget break, not a Hilton Experience.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

VERY dated room, no plug sockets next to the bed, no Hilton Warm cookie on arrival, curtains let in lots of light into the room, no air con and bed was small. Not my usual Hilton Luxury experience. I went to a Hilton in London the week before and it was amazing.

Comfortable bed.

I have never been to a 5 star hotel suite that was so bare...no refrigerator etc.
    • Suite

It’s a 3 star hotel sold as a 5 star hotel. It would have rated well if classified as a 3 Star.

For a UK hotel the staff were ok. They lacked passion and enthusiasm but did their job.

Dissapointed other guests were not respectful
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bed not particularly comfy, but main issue was the noise from other guests. Running up and down corridors shouting etc and they fact they were allowed to throw ball games and jump and splash in the pool when other guests are there for a relaxing break.

The effort the staff made to make my partners birthday special I.e they decorated the room and left us a bottle of wine and a birthday cake. Very grateful and really appreciate it. Thankyou.

Superb and definitely will stay again and recommend to others who are travelling to northampton
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Nothing, it all met our expectations

Bedroom excellent Very child friendly Leisure facilities excellent All the staff so helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them

Good for spa break if opening hours given were correct and could plan accordingly
    • Deluxe Double/Double Room

Gym closing time was not updated and communicated properly so we didn't get long before it closed :(

Easy access from motorway Very comfy beds Decent facilities - just double check times!

Exceptional
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

I have travelled extensively and been involved in the hotel and hospitality sector. Everything from check in to check out was outstanding. All staff from reception to bar to cleaning team were friendly helpful and very professional. Sunday breakfast was one of the best ive had. Fresh, plenty of options and great quality. The chef even took round fresh mini doughnuts which ruined my feeble attempt and being healthy. Ive stayed in higher presitge hotels which have delivered far less

Great hotel and staff, value for money.
    • Deluxe Double/Double Room

Great weekend stay, hotel is ideally sited for access from M1 and to commute into Northampton / Kettering. Was impressed that the chef was walking the floor at breakfast offering freshly made pastries from a tray.

Very good stay
    • Double Double Guestroom

Breakast was good and there was a lovely waitress at dinner but the very best thing was no music in the bar and coffee area so people could meet and talk.

Was ok for visiting relatives who live nearby, but in future will probably go back to Holiday Inn.
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

I feel like this hotel is in desperate need of some investment and modernisation, the decor in the room and bathrooms are looking very dated and tired.

Staff at breakfast where very friendly and efficient.

Very good
    • Double Hilton Guestroom

Although the spa facilities and swimming pool were supposed to be open till 9 pm, the staff switched off the spa facilities at 8 pm

The Staffs were excellent, extremely clean and very good food