Reviews of Hilton Sheffield 4 stars

2 Furnival Road, Sheffield, S4 7YA, United Kingdom

#23 of 32 hotels in Sheffield

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Terrible nights sleep in extremely creaky bed.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Terrible nights sleep in extremely creaky bed. Every time you moved the bed made a terrible noise. Flat pillows, stains on the carpet and very dated bathroom in need of updating Tried to explain at reception prior to leaving, but receptionist not listening Poor stay

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Average!
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Having to pay for the car park and head the lift and people waiting for the lift all through the night!! Bed wasn’t the comfiest and had far nester experiences at a premier inn, not great for a hilton

Easily accessible from the M1

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Relaxing and comfortable overnight stay.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Leisure centre changing rooms had several hairdryers out of action; swimming pool area looked dirty in places; Hotel location was a 10/15 minute walk from the city centre and to get to the nearest restaurants/bars you had to go into the centre.

Breakfast choices very good. We were able to sit and relax even after the breakfast service had finished. No one asked us to move; Midday check out was great. Bedroom comfortable and nice size.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Visiting Sheffield for a concert
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Have stayed at this hotel many times when I've been in Sheffield. Service and rooms always great. The curry in the bar late at night was fabulous. Was disappointed they were closing the bar at 11pm just as we arrived back from a concert but after some discussion they did keep it open until midnight.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Freshly cooked breakfast. Secure parking. About 4 miles from M1.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Swimming pool not open until 8.00 am, so unable to have a swim before breakfast (conference/meeting began at 9.00 am).

Nice breakfast, although cereals and breads a little hidden! Only realised they were there after our cooked breakfast! Not explained to us by the waitress.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Best eggs in town!
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

The bathroom looked a little jaded and needs a refresh - the toilet seats are also very thing plastic and always look and feel a little cheap.

The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and helped make my stay a good one. The room was very comfortable and offered a lovely nights sleep. The view allowed me to see my car which always makes me feel more settled. The highlight of my stay is always the egg station at breakfast, offering up a delicious omelette - the breakfast is the best bit!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

good but could have been better if the breakfast was better.
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast although plenty of choice it was dry, cold and either under or over cooked. my partner ended up with just cereal as she could eat the hot buffet.

Hotel clean and reception check in swift. Bedroom nice and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Deco on the whole a little tired in places, i.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Deco on the whole a little tired in places, i.e wallpaper loosening, carpets in need of replacing. Also on Sunday morning there was only one lift working, just a niggle.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

disappointing other hotels in price range are better from my experience
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Coach parked in the car park started engines at 6.30am on Sunday morning and left at 8.00am and not a party of guests staying at the hotel!! my room was 222 and i paid for friends 234 had the same problem

staff were very helpfull

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Great staff! Needs a clean.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Minor cleanliness issues. Particularly outside - the same taketakey cartons in shrubbery by bar, peeling paint and small mould issue in ensuite. Vomit by the entrance. Needs a little more attention to detail.

The staff make this hotel. They are friendly and welcoming, and do a really good job of making you feel at home.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Extremely comfortable stay with great friendly service

Nothing, it was great

Breakfast was excellent and particularly liked the Rhubarb fruit juice. The bed was extremely comfortable and the location great for a uni visit. Just a short walk to the tram station. Good location.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

on the second night the false fire alarm was annoying.. not a good memory for us. Sorry

Room cleaning service did not attend our room in three days last day only somebody came but at that moment only the room was occupied we asked to come later but nobody showed up ..

location was great breakfast was good as well

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

I should have booked a room with a terrace.

The pillows on the were sòoooo soft. Fresh cooked egg omelette for breakfast was superb. Relaxing on the terrace with a nice coffee.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Great bed, very helpful when requested non feather pillows...
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

After being disturbed by fire alarm at 4.30am on first night , we got a fee drinks voucher courtesy of Kathy. But when we came back from our evening out the bar was shut and no room service was on offer to redeem it. So as we were leaving I asked could it be exchanged for some discount on the car park to be told NO! . so felt de-flated from all the up upheaval of our disturbed night,with no explanation.

Great bed, very helpful when requested non feather pillows due to allergy! very friendly bar and waiting on staff. lovely Kathy room service.

Really relaxed.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Me & my husband stayed here for the night as it was our 1st wedding anniversary.. the staff suprised us by decorating our room for the occasion.. which made it extra special..

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Nice spacious room, would have preferred a bathroom with a...
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Bath and shower in room, unfortunately had two lights/lamps not working and no electricity to 2 plugs which meant the desk area was limited in function. Did report it , lights got sorted, electricity problem was not sorted. Had nearby alarm from a car park set off from 8.30pm Friday evening to 8.30am Saturday am which meant we got no sleep at all as it was so loud it you could still hear it when window & vent closed. Went home shattered instead of nicely refreshed. The hotel got evacuated at 4.30am in the morning as the smoke alarms went off hence the whole hotel was out on the car park, many in their pj's. Could not wait to get home to my nice comfy bed!!!!!!!!!!

Nice spacious room, would have preferred a bathroom with a bath and a shower rather than a shower only. Good location to city centre, easily walkable within 5 minutes max. Lovely pool area, nice outside seating area however it had all been closed off whilst we were there?

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Very poorly signposted
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Very poorly signposted Unhelpful staff Food for evening meal poor quality Staff interactions with each other poor Overpriced and essentially a glorified travelodge!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

May use the hotel again but will probably try one of the alternatives at a similar or less price.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The jacuzzi was unavailable The booking made in my name was put under the guest name I would have preferred two beds not a double

Breakfast was delicious and fantastic choices

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Lovely place to stay with a fantastic breakfast
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The bath was a little grubby, which needs to be updated. Service charge was a disappointment at dinner as i wasn’t aware until the bill came. Parking should really be included but you do get a reduced rate for staying over.

The egg station at breakfast was fantastic. The chef couldn’t be more helpful and the room was nice and large with a big tv. Good choice of meals in the restaurant and the staff couldn’t of been more helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Stayed in cheap hotels better than this, very disappointed.
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

For a Hilton hotel at 100£ a night on a Sunday, I expected a lot more. The room was great, however, the bathroom had black director even rust marks in the bath and there was a matt for the bath which I didn't use as this had mould. I normally wouldn't complain about these things for a cheap hotel but for Hilton, I expected more. The worst thing about our stay was that one of the main reasons I chose this hotel was for the jacuzzi as it was for a special anniversary and to our surprise when we got there the jacuzzi worked fine, it was on etc but you couldn't use it. So we went to the pool which was freezing cold, everyone was complaining about it being cold. The other thing was we were checked in our room 1 hour after the time it said, and not just us other older couples told us they had been waiting for ages too. The room said it included shampoo and conditioner toiletries, they only had shower gel and body cream, if it didn't say it included these I wouldn't have minded because I would have brought some with me but because it said this I didn't and when I realised it was too late and spent 30 minutes brushing out my knotty hair. Last but not least the breakfast was great, however, if you are vegan or dairy-free like me, they only have soya alternative which is allergic to. I paid 10 pounds to have some fruit and tea, which if I had known about I wouldn't have got breakfast included. The last little detail I would have liked in an expensive hotel is a little fridge in the room.

They gave us a special detail in the room of 2 glasses of champagne and cake. The bed was very comfy and the staff were very friendly and nice. I loved having the sofa in the room and the radio. The views where really nice.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Not good. Travel to Sheffield every fortnight but will ensure that I do not stay there ever again
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Unsecured Broadband with constant threats and warnings from Protection software. Room tired and unclean. Bathroom needs revamp. Taps and door knob was loose with gaps. Don't expect it my home and certainly don't expect it in a Hilton costing upwards of £125. The cupboard and general presentation is frayed, unclean and ewww.

The staff and the entrance lounge. The chef and the breakfast bar staff.

Food was amazing had a lovely evening meal.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Was not impressed that the cleaners left the rubbish from the bin on the side in the bathroom!! Also their was rubbish on the floor in the corridors and room service left outside the rooms after being eaten all day. Was a lot better the following day in the corridors hopefully it was just a one off.

Food was amazing had a lovely evening meal. We all enjoyed breakfast something for everyone. Enjoyed the pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub lovey to relax after a long day. Bed very comfy with very nice pillows had a great sleep while staying.

Stay okay but could be better.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

At times very short staffed. Small in bathroom

One room had a funny smell not really pleasant. Restaurant service was terrible but the staff did try really hard to deal with this.

Adequate for my needs.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

My room was near the lifts so there was constant noise from them. I did tell reception but they just apologised, with no offer to move me. My room was cleaned daily to a certain degree. The bed covers were straightened and new towels provided but as far as I could see, that was it. I was there for 3 nights and dirty glasses from my first evening were still in the room when I checked out. I expected better from Hilton.

The staff in the bar and breakfast room were excellent. My room was a good size and toiletries were provided. The gym and pool facilities were excellent, I liked the spin dryer for wet swimwear! It was convenient for me to stay here as I was attending a conference at the hotel, so it saved travelling to and from the venue.

Good stay in a convenient location , hotel has good , friendly staff
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Room situated next stairs and continuous banging from door led to disturbed nights sleep

Staff very good and helpful, rooms large , clean and comfortable

I liked it being next to the canal and the breakfast was...

Free parking!

I liked it being next to the canal and the breakfast was lovely - we sat out overlooking the canal. Great spa for a quiet swim in the morning and very helpful staff.

Incredible spa and very helpful staff

The room is basic

The sport facilities are extraordinary and the spa is very good The staff is very helpful and the nicest The breakfast is very good

Lovely pool and gym restaurant was small but nice. Breakfast was excellent. Room fair
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Kept waiting on arrival /ignored. Complained about cold air con in restaurant was lowered but still cold so mentioned again. Ended up moving to another table as did some other guests.

Good food.

Good location and decent value for money.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Although the room was comfortable, the shower wasn't overly powerful and I found no bottled water in the room. Apparently there were drinking glasses in the room but they were far too well hidden.

A typical Hilton! Staff were friendly and accommodating and the fitness suite was more than adequate. It is a good location for business in Sheffield Centre. Car park was secure.

The receptionist was brilliant she did her job perfectly.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The fact i could here the room next door word for word and a towel i was about to wipe my fave with had not been cleaned

The receptionist was brilliant she did her job perfectly.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Nice pool and view from from bedroom.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Bed rocked terribly so if we turned in the night, the bed went half way across the room. Shower pressure was just about non existent. Hair dryer didn’t work and neither did the fan.

Nice pool and view from from bedroom. Nice clean bathroom

Stay ok
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Decor very dated. Room very dated. Tv too big for room therefore seemed cluttered. I would not rate this hotel as a 4 star. Price of drinks more suited for a more upmarket hotel.

Staff friendly.

Gym was very good by hotel standards.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Lifts did not work which judging by other guests had been a problem for a while. Hotel shabby in places. Flaky paint in the bathroom. Room sparse. Breakfast plates not clean. Picked up one and it still had tomato sauce on it. Not great value for a hotel at nearly £150 per night!!!!

Gym was very good by hotel standards.

Hotel - Pleasant enough, but more attention needed at canal side, expected it to be more vibrant.

The waterfront (canal side) looked uncared for, but I guess that is more down to Sheffield City Council.

Overall the children loved the pool although the water was pretty cold first day. The childrn’s menu offered a decent choice and special requests accommodated. Whilst we did not visit nearby restaurants had super freshly made sandwiches at The Junction cafe just below the hotel on the canal side. Fantastic value for money. Canal side disappointing though.

Disappointing. Not what I expect from a Hilton Honors.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Bed was rock hard, shower not very good, food expensive, too much noise from traffic outside, noisy occupants in room next door at 4.30am playing loud music

Breakfast food was ok

Average and below expectations
    • Double Double Guest Room

The room was not as good as expected, curtains hanging off their tracks, enamel worn off the bath making it appear dirty, bottom of the door to bathroom de-laminating, no biscuits with brewing facility. Scruffy room really.

The bar

It's not a 4 star hotel, more like a 3 star.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

It's not a 4 star hotel, more like a 3 star. The reception staff could do with further training - our room never got cleaned on our second day even thought we specifically requested it from the woman at reception. The building could do with updating. We expected a bit more comfort and service, basically.

Beautiful setting
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The sink hole was a bit blocked with food.

The setting was lovely. The staff changed our room kindly. The breakfast was amazing and it was lovely to sit outside in the sun. Swimming good .

The shower in the room was excellent.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Couldn't seem to pick up wireless broadband in our room.

The shower in the room was excellent. The bed was very comfortable. Definitely one of the best breakfasts we've ever had. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Would not tstay here again
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Room not very clean plugs did not work in room tv was on a trolley that was in the way in the room and had to keep moving it to get around room bath had nail polish all over it. Plates and bowls and cup dirty at breakfast

Nice pool and gym

Brilliant other than the bed!
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The bed as it was very creaky meaning it kept waking us up! The bed was also surprisingly less comfortable than cheaper hotels we have stayed in before.

Staff were nice. Swimming pool area was really lovely and room came with a good view.

Lovely breakfast.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Waited over 2 hours for toom to be ready, meaning check in was later than 6 pm, where as it stated it should be 3 pm Bath was quite dirty, rooms a bit run down

Lovely breakfast. Great spa facilities

Problem with check in but looked after!!
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

We got upgraded to a king room which had THE hugest bed!! Room was nice and clean...apart from one scuzzy looking chair!! Couldn’t fault the place tbh but we couldn’t get to use the facilities due to room not coming available until 4.30pm and our plans at the time. Staff looked after us though with complimentary drinks and an upgrade. Would definitely stay there again though, we got a bargain considering it was bank holiday!!

Very Disappointing do not stay here!
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

We arrived at the hotel at 3pm for our check-in to be told our room wasn't ready. We were told to wait in the bar & we would have a room allocated as soon as possible. After 1 hour we went back to reception but were informed that there were still no rooms available & we would have to wait longer. We finally were allocated a room at 5:45pm which is ridiculous as we ended up wasting most of our day waiting around the hotel. This is not the kind of service you expect from the Hilton I am very disappointed!

Once in the rooms they were ok & clean apart from a flickering light in the bathroom

Outstanding breakfast!
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Bathroom was a bit out dated and worn

Unfortunately, we had some loud neighbours in the night. The Hilton had a text system so you could make them aware of any issues. The guy came up and asked our neighbours to be quiet. This was excellent customer service. The breakfast was also outstanding! Cearal, crumpets, full English, waffles, fruit bar etc.

Relaxing, comfortable, well looked after
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Would have been nice to have some light snacks in the room, biscuits etc, other than just coffee/tea making facilities

Friendly staff, comfortable room, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

staff great ,breakfast great ,badluck with room with 2 broken beds(springs broken)terrible night .
    • Double Double Guest Room

asked for quiet room not near lifts before hand and got room next to lifts no balcony but next door room balcony outside my room, we were moved ,but all 3 of us terrible night beds both broken springs ,noisy and uncomfortable ,moved next day but dead tired and paid a lot of money for the first night (broken beds? how is this possible in Hilton?

staff friendly ,nice pool and great breakfast and lovely friendly cook.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Everything , room was very comfortable, beds great,...
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Only problem which wasn’t really a problem was that the lifts were not very reliable so we used the stairs, but the wait for them was long and one time it was stuck on floor one!

Everything , room was very comfortable, beds great, breakfast excellent with absolutely loads of choice from full English to ham and cheese! Pool was not very busy so had a couple of good swims, will definitely be back as only a short walk to the city centre too.

Lovely breakfast and quick service.
    • Double Double Guest Room

Only one lift functioning, so hard to manage with a pram. Rooms need a bit of sprucing up as quite dated in decor.

Lovely breakfast and quick service. Staff friendly at breakfast service.

very bad i will not go there again it was my wife b day and very dissappointing at the money paid
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

below average everthing except pool - experience was 2 start and paid 4 star / i have stayed in rooms for premier in / travel logde for work every month/ they are much better than hiton who chared me 155 per night. poor quality to furniture bed not comfortble windows have corrosion type black spots sofa -- very hard and looked like got from charity shop carpet -- very old /was clean though -they need to replace breath bath room - very old door poor quality door /tiles -- travel lodge are better broken wash basin / stain on tiles

nothing except pool relaxation

The staff were lovely, the communal areas nice although a little dated, the room very disappointing.
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

The value for money was really poor. I paid £135 for a Deluxe Double room and wasn’t impressed. The bed (mattress) was uncomfortable and I didn’t have a good nights sleep. The bathroom was very dated and there was grime around the plug and tiles. The room was very hot and whilst there was a small fan (which was a life saver), my partner was very hot throughout the night and did not sleep well at all. There isn’t aircon. There was also a banging noise throughout the night which could be heard in the bathroom which was annoying.

The breakfast was fairly priced and enjoyable.

Lovely staff, Great hotel, Really enjoyed our anniversary here!
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Room was a good size, nice view of the river. Easy to get to City. Went for our Anniversary and the staff made it fantastic for us, would definitely stay here again.

• Double Hilton Guest Room

Housekeeping gave us dirty towels, it was very noisy, invoice after check out confirmed we had breakfast which we were not made aware of.

Staff incredibly rude
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Staff were miserable and saw someone, who I assume was the manager ‘clicking’ at his staff. Didn’t see one smile and didn’t order our taxi when asked as they ‘forgot’ and missed our meal reservation which was for a birthday. So wasn’t happy.

Easy to get in town.

Hilton Hotel
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The night receptionist Asian man with glasses was extremely rude throughout the 2 days and 3 nights I had stayed with friends at the hotel. He kept huffing and puffing as we kept going for fags as we are smokers, as if he didn't want to open the locked doors for us. He also made us write our names down on a peice of paper, since he thought more people we're staying in the room, which was a total embarrassment.. he then had told us we wasnt allowed guests after 10pm.. where as we had seen various other people bring in other people that had met, even though we hadn't invited people to stay or sleep in the room. We had been told there were noise complaints from other elderly guests, but I'm sorry we're more outgoing then other people, but we wasn't as loud as people made us out to be. Also on the last day of my stay around 1pm I had made my way to the pool where I had asked the receptionist for a towel for my hair which she then said I couldn't have because she only had 5 towels left (she had brunette hair late 40s or 50s wore glasses) I then asked her if she could request one for me she huffed turned around gave me another towel and told me "To go you got what you wanted" WHICH I FOUND VERY RUDE! Also I had paid £750 for my 3 rooms, which didn't have any aircon or a fridge.. Also the night receptionist had told us they wasn't going to sell us no more pop drinks after 3am so resorted us to buying water.

The bar staff were very nice and polite offering free drinks.. also the staff at the breakfast were very helpful and nice including the mix race girl with braids very well mannered, also the morning chef who was full of enthusiasm, which made us all enjoy breakfast.

Bassfest
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Might only be because of the weather recently but room was very hot, wasn't any air con but we did have a fan. Didn't ruin the stay just would of been better to have the option of air con.

We stayed here as we attended a all day festival, staff were amazing from start to finish especially as we couldn't check in as the festival started at 11am. Bed was super comfy, room was clean. Location was really good for our needs. Parking right on the door step.

The young lady at the reception was lovely and very helpful,...
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The young lady at the reception was lovely and very helpful, she had brown hair (didn’t get name), also the young lad at the bar he was also very kind and he was a laugh.

Uncomfortable beds and pillows
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Uncomfortable beds and pillows Very smelly bathroom Halfway through breakfast went to get toast come back to table and all our food and drinks had been cleared away Food was cold

The staff were lovely in reception and the restaurant.
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room Plus

No air conditioning in the room which meant you were forced to open the windows which made it noisy. The breakfast assistant did not speak english very well and did not explain the procedures I was faced with a machine for tea and coffee which I personally feel a pot of tea/coffee and toast which is taken to your table is much better as you generally get a second cup and don't have to stand for toast to do and invariably receive warm bread rather than toasted bread. I felt as though I was forever getting up and down! I think that if you book a number of rooms or higher priced rooms the parking could be reduced.

The staff were lovely in reception and the restaurant. The rooms were in good locations and spacious. The meals in the restaurant are good and reasonably priced. The location of the hotel is good within a few minutes walk of the town centre,

The staff were great.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The room booked for the wedding night had not been cleaned properly. The ‘net’ curtains were filthy. The price per night was more like London prices and we expected luxury! There were dirty glasses and an empty ice bucket left in The room. This hotel is tired and needs a thorough make over. The staff tried to compensate but the facilities do t match up to other Hilton standards. Coffee maker constantly out of action. ‘Luxury’ spa felt like a public baths - never could get in the hot tub it was constantly full of local footballers and very noisy fir a relaxing spa. Awful.

The staff were great. The location is not bad.

Reliable, generally friendly service, easy to find location
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

I noticed that the service levels have gone down vs previous stays. Admittedly from high and friendly standards. For example one barmaid didn’t meet my eye and was more worried about the till operation and calling to her colleague than me ! Also no one to greet at breakfast. Others were offered tea or coffee whereas I was left with the coffee machine.. Some of the facilities and decor is starting to look a bit dated.

Staff are efficient and friendly. Bed was very comfy. Spa is a nice treat.

Far better hotels in Sheffield I genuinely feel ripped off .
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

Rooms were very dated , worn and old . Noisy rooms because of the old windows . Couldn't open the window to let air in as there's a chain thing on it and no air con in the rooms . Under bed looks like it's been fixed with a pallet and the bed moves from the head board. Breakfast for a hotel like the Hilton is poor . Poor tasting meat that's over cooked , beans that have had the life cooked out of them and scrambled eggs that seemed to be steamed . Just tasteless and disappointing . Had to pay for parking what's that about . Iv stopped in many hotels in Sheffield and this is a first .

I like the look of the main reception

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Disappointing at best
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The room was dirty upon arrival, the sink had not been cleaned. No toilet paper in the room. The carpet needs replacing. No air conditioning in the rooms. The entire hotel is in need of refurbishment.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The swimming pool
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Room had a very musty smell, and bathroom stunk of urine. Got stuck in the lift about 3 times, with no air condition in a heat wave! Had no choice but to use it as had a baby, a Pram and suitcases and was on a high floor! Was told every time we went to get in the lift that it should be working now, but continued to get stuck again. Everyone was complaining about it but they said they couldn’t shut it off as the other lift was broken too. Eating in the restaurant at night times was always told the same thing sorry we don’t have this, this, this and this. Oh and no chips?!? It would have been easier for them to say what little they did have. Also was charged a service charge for every meal for just one person eating?? Even though the Service was severally lacking, and people kept asking where there food was, also having to keep getting up to find members of staff to ask for menu, to order drinks. Getting off the car park took about 15 mins every time as the camera never seemed to be able to pick up the car Registrations, which meant there was a back log of cars all ringing into reception. Saw one man who was there just to use the gym get out of his car and scream at the lady in front of him to move so he could get out of the car park. Even though she was waiting for reception to open the barrier. At breakfast 2 women had a massive screaming match at each other and continued to shout at each other across the room for over half an hour, no staff seemed to be interested in helping resolve the problem between them. Several people all got up to leave. Have stayed at several Hilton’s previously but standards have defiantly dropped and I think this will defiantly be my last time.

The swimming pool

Comfortable quiet stay
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

We had a lovely night for my husbands birthday! The hotel was very busy and the staff were coping really well! The rooms were as you’d expect clean and very warm 😁

Good overall but disappointed at no booking
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

Although we had confirmation details there was no room booked for us on there system had to make do with room available. No air conditioner. No fridge

Took away all the stress of travelling with a large dog
    • Double Double Guest Room

The warm welcome for my dog A lovely breakfast Helpful staff, Good for city center Parking on site Walks by the camel Swimming if required

A little uncomfortable, hotel could do with refurbishment to meet expectations of the Hilton.
    • Double Double Guest Room

The rooms left a lot to be desired, no air conditioning and where so hot it was uncomfortable.. The beds where particularly uncomfortable. Generally the rooms could do with updating, to bring up to the general expectations from a modern day Hilton hotel..

The staff where friendly and helped where possible. However some issues were outside of their control. The leisure facilties were very good... Security very good unable to access stairway or lifts without residents key card..

Would use the Hilton again
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

Good location, only 10 minutes walk to city centre. Standard room was clean and comfortable. Plenty of choice for breakfast plus all eggs are freshly cooked while you wait.

Very disappointing
    • Hilton Deluxe Double Room

I meant to have a room with a view, city view and river view as I was charged £30 extra for it but unfortunately when I arrived at the hotel, I was told there was no room available with a view. So I asked for a refund for the extra 30£ I was charged for the city/river view. I was told to speak to booking.com as the booking was done through their website, which I did. However booking.com refused to process the refund. I will be disputing this transaction with my bank now to get my money back 🤞🤞

Only thing I like about this place was the gym

Not to the usual Hilton standard you would expect !!
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

No air conditioning!! It was 28 degrees. Bathroom and room very rundown. Needs a refurb. Cheap looking tea and coffee facilities.

Staff very friendly. Easy to park but should be free if a guest.

Mint man
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Everything was excellent for the money . Room had nice view . Room it's self was clean and smart. The breakfast buffet on morning was best I've ever had! Lots to choose . Staff where great . Best hotel I've stayed for the money we paid.

Was nice and comfortable stay
    • Double Double Guest Room

Bar area sofa and chair are in bit of poor connection could do replacements sofas are worn out

Bed very comfortable breakfast top class staff is very helpful can cook any thing to meet your taste and favourite food our stay was very comfortable and pleasant

We had two rooms, none of them was clean.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

We had two rooms, none of them was clean. Furniture in the hotel has really wore out. Sheets so did not look fresh... yuk. I expected a bit more from a Hilton hotel.

Very friendly and helpful staff; good location; good facilities.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

I can’t think of anything!

The taff were so friendly and spent the whole visit trying to help us. The breakfast was great - lots of delicious choices and a chef to make eggs any way. The facilities were good: swimming pool etc. Comfy, clean rooms and a good location. Was really pleasantly surprised!