Reviews of Hilton St Annes Manor 5 stars

London Road, Bracknell, RG40 1ST, United Kingdom

#7 of 15 hotels in Bracknell

5.6

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

I object to having to pay for Wi-Fi, even the smallest of hotels generally offer this for free and you would think a big chain like Hilton could afford to not charge its guests to access this. The car park was full to overflowing when I stayed (a Friday) due to a conference and a wedding being held there. There is a large car park, but it just wasn't large enough on this particular day. I had a few issues with my room being charged to me more than once and had to contact the hotel more than once to get it rectified (which it was).

The Hotel has a Schmoo Spa offering a range of treatments. I had a massage and can highly recommend. There is also a small but well equipped gym and a fair sized pool with Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. You are provided with towels and a padlock for the lockers. The room I stayed in (2x Queen size beds) was spacious, well equipped, clean and had an extremely comfortable bed with lots of pillows. There was a large TV with freeview, hairdryer, ironing board and iron, air conditioning and everything you really needed.

• Double Family Guest Room

OK I expected more especially when paying 100 pounds for 1 night with no Internet which u had to pay a extra 12 pounds if u wanted. The room itself was not good with stains on the ceiling from poor repair decorating. The light had exsposed wiring and then what is thought was a insult it advertised at the reception that u could upgrade to a newly refurb room. I shouldn't have to upgrade when paying 100 pound for 1 night.

The location was stunning and the building itself was picturesque

Difficult to find anything I disliked.

Bedrooms look recently refurbished to a high standard, and very comfortable. Beautiful sylvan setting with lots of mature trees in the grounds of the hotel Very convenient location to LHR, M4 motorway and nearby historical sites - Windsor, Ascot, Henley, Oxford etc.

• Double Deluxe Room

Cool reception on arrival but this did improve. (On phone at the time but there was no acknowledgement that we’d arrived - just a smile would have been enough). Breakfast coffee awful - suggest going for using the machine that is available instead. Wine list needs looking at.

Comfortable room and swimming pool at a comfortable temperature. Very friendly bar staff. Enjoyed sitting outside where our grandson was able to run around in the garden. Had a tasty bar lunch.

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

Very noisy, could hear everything in th next room which kept one child up for a while. But other than that it was great.

Good size room for families, very clean and lovely staff.

• Double Deluxe Room

The hotel appeared tired, flaking paint around windows over looking swimming pool. Bed was uncomfortable, ants in bathroom and grouting was dirty. No bath in the room which was a deluxe room should come as standard. Hotel toilets near reception were apauling! All cubicles were covered in excrement, this was reported to a member of staff and was mentioned again when we checked out! Food was very average and service was slow! Ran out of mushrooms at breakfast and very little choice for gluten free vegetarian.

• Double Guest Room

Generally the décor was very tired - refurbishment needed. Television only had limited programmes available.

Service was excellent and breakfast very good. Room very quiet.

• Double Guest Room

Beds are really uncomfortable and we were not aware there was a baby swimming class on in the pool whilst we wanted to use the facilities to relax.

Beautiful landscapes

• Double Guest Room

Beds very uncomfortable and creeky. Smell of beer on the carpet. Breakfast very poor, gone off orange slices & tasteless scrambled eggs, cheap bread roles.

Good pressure shower

• Double Deluxe Room

My son and family didn't get a refurbished room, was very tired, paint peeling off ceiling in bathroom. Drinks were very expensive and also charged service charge for going to the bar and getting our own drinks. The hotel is advertised on Lego land website as child friendly! The play area was very disappointing only one aperatus with prickly weeds growing up underneath it!

Breakfast was good, room was nice as it was refurbished

• Double Guest Room

The bed!!!! It was so noisy you could move without it making a noise...and well me and my partner had no kids for the night and as you can imagine we wanted to make full use of it, but it was so noisy we really couldn’t do it wasn’t great

Breakfast was great, location of hotel great, in general we had a great stay,

Entrance to outside of property a little scruffy

Everything ! Welcome, room, cleanliness, great pool opening most of the time. Excellent staff. A real treat of a place . Well done !

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

Very good size of room for a 2 adult 2 toddlers family; very good food and very good facilities to let the lids swim and run around in the garden! Very helpful staff!

• Double Guest Room

There needs to be more shower gel and shampoo, as the amount supplied is only enough for one person. Also, one of the towels was threadbare and either stained or dirty. That is basic stuff, not something you'd expect in a motorway service station hotel, let alone a Hilton. Fortunately, a very pleasant member of staff resolved the issue extremely quickly, and with a lovely smile to boot. One thing I would say is that, though there was plenty of lighting available, there was an absence of reading lights in the room, which was frustrating. Additionally, you would expect Hilton to have some sort of biscuit with the tea stand, yet there was nothing, and no hot chocolate either. The toilet paper was of an extremely low grade, one step above school bathroom fare. I was left with a clear feeling that the penny pinchers are being given an increasing amount of power, particularly given this is a company with no weakness in profits. My message to the management is simple; don't abuse the good name you have, because it's cheaper to keep it than to get it back once you've lost it.

The room was large and pleasant. There was plenty of storage space and seating. The bathroom was also a good size, and very clean. Food at breakfast was plentiful and of good variety and quality. I enjoyed using the waffle maker!

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

Children's play area needs a revamp, lots of weeds under play equipment and it could do with a lick of paint.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Hotel has a lovely garden and great facilities. Clean and spacious bedroom. Great breakfast.

• Double Guest Room

It was very loud at night we could not sleep at all and the reception staff could not do anything about it. We have received 50% discount , but still did not sleep which was our main purpose of the stay, to have a good night sleep before our rowing competition next day

The location was great and the staff nice

• Double Guest Room

Ask for quiet corner quiet room. Only problem we were in middle of busy Corridor.

Good hotel. Room service good. Shower great. Big large t v. All good.

• Double Guest Room

They removed things from our room and have not returned them .The housekeeping is poor when we entered the bathroom it had other guests half used bathroom products. It advices tea and coffee facility's this is very poorly advised. A double room should at least be able to supply two people with s hot drink not just for one. When we made reception were of this they said they would have a word with housekeeping. That's when we had things disappear from our room.

The bar and dinning staff were friendly and efficient The food was lovely the steak and barramundi we had were very good.

Nothing I didn't like

The whole experience exceeded my expectations, the staff on the front desk were very welcoming, they explained the whereabouts of everything we could need. The room was clean and comfortable, in fact the whole hotel was spotless. I would certainly visit again.

Na

It was a lovely hotel. The grounds are stunning and the children could run around play football play table tennis. Very peaceful and friendly hotel. V easy. Perfect to explore the surrounding area esp Coral Reef

• Double Guest Room

I should have asked the cost of the taxi service that the hotel uses before use as cost extremely expensive but this was as much my responsibility.

Hospitable staff at all times. Great amenities.

• Double Guest Room

A room that smelt like a fish pond with mushrooms growing through the carpet. Not able to complain to hotel or Booking.com to get a response. It seems if you use this site for value for money you get put in the worst rooms! Very bad customer service from Hilton and Booking. Com

The location was very convenient for our needs

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

Was a little disappointed with the pool, It was very busy with the aqua babies we had to wait about an hour and a half to use it.

The room was very comfortable. Computer games for the children was definitely an added bonus. Food was excellent.

• Double Guest Room

Swimming pool had a max no of 30 entrants but 8-10 people were sitting on loungers reading and chatting. We couldn't go in on Sat or Sun and never got a swim...

Quick check in though it was a very busy day..

• Double Guest Room

A lot of children so pool/spa was busy and loud. Had to book for any restaurant otherwise along wait but will know for next time

Breakfast was amazing, local restaurant in the evening was also brilliant

• Double Guest Room

Bed was very uncomfortable which everyone else agreed with. Bar staff were very rude. Don’t work in a hotel if you’re not a people person.

Convenient location and was overall a nice hotel.

• Two Double Bed Deluxe Family Room

We have never had such uncomfortable beds in my whole life even my kids complained how hard and uncomfortable it was

The hotel was lovely and so was the staff and the pool was great

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

The service charge for pouring 2 glasses of wine. The restaurant is very tired and dated, tables were formica and peeling, put some table clothes on them to hide this up, it resembled a cafe rather than fine dining which they say they are. Food was awful, had fish and was up all night in the bathroom, am waiting for management to contact me about it, whether they will or not, who knows. Even after we complained about the food, they still never asked if we would like a desert. At check out, usually they ask how was your stay, they didn't so I had't to say are you going to ask me how was my stay and then proceed to say about the awful night I had due to the food. Considering it is a Hilton, I expected much better, very disappointed.

Bed was comfy,

Nothing I could mention

Perfect location. Inside a small wood, separated from busy town. Coming there, seems,like even air is different. Very nice place

• Double Guest Room

Everything is getting a bit shabby and old. The gym has been refurbished but the pool, showers and bedrooms could do with an overhaul too.

Staff extremely friendly and responsive. Great location. The gym has just been refurbished and is good.

• Double Guest Room

Needed a new mortgage to drink at the hotel bar. Poor system to pay bar tab using room number as someone had tried to put a considerable number of drinks on my tab which was clearly identified as not being me by the receipts. Reception staff sorted effectively and efficiently though.

Great breakfast, upgraded, helpful reception staff, nice rooms, clean and great location

• Double Deluxe Room

The reception charged wrong card the second booking,but I explained which to charge at the beginning of check in.More smiles of the morning shift receptist would be great,too serious.Expected a bootle of wine or champaigne for my birthday as discussed with an agent of the hotel over phone,in reality I asked if we could get complimentary glass of wines,buthave been offered a piece of cake. We wanted to get a bath instead of shower,were expected slippers and the bathrobes.One restaurant is too little for 5* property.

Smoothies and waffle maker was great during the breakfast.Decoration for the hotel was nice.The room was quite and we could sleep and rest a lot.

• Double Deluxe Room

Where to start. When we arrived, they couldn't find our booking which got me worried. Unfortunately this was not the five star hotel that is advertised in my opinion. The bed was not very comfortable at all and the pillows are squishy and are like air the minute you lay your head down on them. Personal preference perhaps but that is what we found. We ordered room service for breakfast on the Saturday morning. I was not given a room service slip to sign and when I asked for one at checkout (on the Monday) after seeing that I was charged £35 for two room service breakfasts which were not huge, not over the top and I think it is a reasonable request to ask to see what I was charged for, I was told that the server would NEVER not leave without me signing for the room service by a waitress, who before this was very pleasant. She got extremely rude with me insinuating that I was telling a lie and trying to get out of paying for it; I was fuming and there was no manager around to take the matter up with. The receptionist promised to send me the slip, which by the way, was paid for and deducted from my bank account and till today, over three weeks later, I am still waiting! On the same day we ordered the room service, we asked for extra pillows and a blanket from reception as my partner was very cold the night before. We arrived back at the hotel around 10pm only to discover that someone, housekeeping perhaps, did deliver the pillows and wrap (it definitely was not a blanket) to the room but no one bothered to clean the room. It was not made up and the dishes from the morning's room service was still there. We took the matter up with the manager on duty who apologised but said that there was not much he could do about it at that hour and in a gesture of goodwill, offered to give us breakfast at no charge for the remaining two mornings that we would be there. That was not necessary but decent of him.

The reception staff were friendly and welcoming. The room looked lovely, comfortable and spacious and the toilet/shower room was modern. The food that we did eat there from the menu was really delicious. Breakfasts were tasty enough with a nice selection. The waiting/bar staff were all very pleasant until I had the enquiry described above. The grounds were lovely, the hotel is clean and cosy.

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

A 'discretionary' service charge was automatically added to the bill when we ordered coffee at the bar and the man on the desk in the spa was very off-hand when we asked for information. These experiences gave us a bad first impression. I have to agree with other reviewers about the rock hard beds - and yes, you could hear the creaking of the springs when you turned over! Not exactly the four star impression they want to give!

The room was spacious and quiet. The food in the restaurant was very good when it eventually came!

• Double Deluxe Room

We booked two nights, the first night the bed was broken and it kept creaking every time you breathed, we got zero sleep. We got moved to another room which had a mattress like concrete nearly as noisy bed and people up shouting next door the entire night, again zero sleep. What’s made it worse is my wife is pregnant and extremely tired and really needed the rest ended up being very stressed and far from relaxed.

The rooms looked very nice and the bathrooms were brilliant.

• Two Double Bed Deluxe Family Room

Our room was freezing which made it very uncomfortable to sleep. The children got very cold. It was an air con unit which rather than heaters that did not give out heat. The cleanliness was not the best. Unfortunately the night we stayed there was a large noisy party staying who were running the corridor until early hours which again made it difficult to sleep. Our room was by the main stair way near reception so we were disappointed staff did not encourage guests to consider others. I even went out a couple of times asking them to quieten Down and I shut the corridor doors.

The space and freedom the hotel offered was great for a family. The breakfast was amazing and staff very attentive.

• Double Deluxe Room

If I had to be picky I would say pillows were too soft but obviously that's personal preference. Also it's the first hotel I have stayed at that didn't serve apple juice for breakfast.

An excellent hotel, would highly recommend. I would definitely return. Really liked that they had children's films playing and a games console set up.

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

One of.bedside lamps did not work. Futon bed VERY uncomfortable.Got up with painful back. Just enough milk for one round of tea. Had to ask for more milk twice.

Main bed and pillows comfy. Nice cool room. Lovely breakfast.

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

couldnt get a spa appointment

the beds and blackout curtains made for a great nights sleep staff were attentive and the pool/spa area was very clean, breakfast was great.

• Double Guest Room

The duvet cover had been put on the bed inside-out so we had to remake the bed. Only one small towel available for two guests but there were two large ones available. One wall light in bathroom was not working which reduced the light for shaving. Generally these are minor points though and probably would have been corrected if we were staying more than just one night.

Check-in was fast and friendly. Room was very quiet, and the bed comfortable. Huge TV in room. Towels were soft although one towel was missing. Shower was fine. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice.

• Double Guest Room

No Heating in the room, had to move at 10pm to another room. When we reported heating was not working, we were told yes we know, there is a fault.

Excellent location

• Double Guest Room

Really horrible bathroom with the worst shower I ever experienced. Shower head had about 6 needle-sized holes so the water that comes out almost slices your skin like a razor (no...there was adjustment, believe me I checked it). The heated towel rail was missing, blocked off with tape and gave a kind of "we really could not care less about your comfort" feeling. Bed was old and groaning. In general room needed updating and was SO not worth the money, I was pretty shocked. Old grey towels most days, sometimes get a nice new one.

large breakfast selection.

• Two Double Bed Deluxe Family Room

Breakfast opens @ 8am at the weekends - Not nearly early enough for young kids!!

We had a family room and it was plenty big enough for my family of five. The breakfast was amazing, selection is the most comprehensive I have come across outside of the US and all-inclusive resorts. The gym & swimming pool are very good too... Plus the restaurant/bar/conservatory area, nice place to eat and look out over the grounds whilst enjoying a pint!

• Double Deluxe Room

Staff were in the bar after shift getting drunk with friends being loud on the Friday upon checkout asked staff to call me to complain and never received a call back.

• Double Guest Room

Group of women decided to have a party in the room next to mine before and AFTER they had been out very loud and seemed odd to put a single pensioner in a corridor filled with a celebratory party group with an interconnecting door which although locked allowed the noise to sound like it was in my room . Eventually sounded like someone else knocked on door to get then to quite down .

Staff were pleasant

• Two Double Bed Deluxe Family Room

Being kepted awake all night by by people drinking at bar at 3.30 in morning after many complaints to reception it still didn't get me anywhere and room was dirty it hadn't been cleaned property in long time not to mention the facial hair around bath and shower didn't work

The swimming pool was cleanest area of hotel

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

Bed was hard (all three of us found this). Robes were being brought to us but didn't arrive. Spa were not very good at returning phone calls prior to visit and had very limited treatments available. However my friend was pleased with the treatment she had.

Welcome was very good - particularly 'Lucy' on reception. Overall service from staff was super. Food was much better than expected as part of a package. Purchased at a very good rate so excellent value for money.

• Double Guest Room

The bath tub had rust in it and the side of the bath had a nail/ screw sticking out. An alarm went off on Monday morning with no warning to us that it was a routine test, we had to call front desk.

Friendly and helpf staff. Great breakfast!

• Twin Guest Room

beds were hard, , room was shabby, towels were damp, paint flaking on bedroom door, wall paint in room dirty, picture missing off wall, only the screws remaining

Breakfast was OK

• Double Deluxe Room

Reception staff member was efficient rather than friendly and when asked where the pool was replied as if I should have known the answer. Meal provided by room service wasn’t the warmest by the time it got to us and a bit pricey for what you got. Pool was very busy with spa goers and families. Frequent texts asking me for feedback on my stay we’re irritating beginning the moment we got in the room!

Room was spacious, very clean and had comfy bed. Bathroom was modern and very clean. Nice shower. Room service was prompt and tasty. Pool was clean and a lovely environment.

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

Shame about the older style corridors to the rooms that are still awaiting refurbishment. The queen beds in room 298 were lumpy. The springs would creak when just rolling over. Shame that the floor of the shower was not wearing well with discoloured grout already, despite the recent refurbishment.

The staff were all fantastic. Attentive, helpful and cheery. The breakfast was excellent. The newly refurbished reception area, our bedroom and the breakfast dining room were very stylishly done.

• Double Deluxe Room

Cheaper to pay for breakfast in hotel than pre-book which is poor. Booking.com rooms are a level below the ones for people booking directly (despite being called the same). Same cost so best to go direct. Cold room on arrival and took an hour to warm up.

Great breakfast.

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

Reception staff not very welcoming. Room was freezing cold and parts of the hotel heating had been turned off despite it being below freezing and snow outside. Pool and changing area dirty and mound in changing areas. Restaurant food limited choice, very little vegetarian options. Food not very tasty at dinner.

Spa staff friendly, breakfast plenty of choice and tasty

• Double Guest Room

Bed was very hard and uncomfortable. Robes for the pool only available to spa guests, meaning hotel guests have to walk around in wet towels. Wifi suggests it will cost £12.99 but is free if you ask at reception, so feels like they're trying to rip off people who don't ask.

Lovely building, very good location for Wokingham

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

I don't like to complain as overall our stay was great and the staff were amazing but when we walked into the room there was a handle missing from one of the draws and we were initially wow'd by the bathroom until we looked at the ceiling and all of the paint was flaking off. Didn't impact our stay but not what you expect for the money paid! Couldn't use the pool as it was too busy but it was half term so probably to be expected.

The staff were very helpful, friendly and brilliant with the children.

• Double Guest Room

Should have been informed before arrived and checked in that there was a problem with the kitchen and a restricted buffet meal only was available as this was for a celebration weekend. No discount offered on room rate.

Room we stayed in had great views of grounds.

• Two Double Bed Deluxe Family Room

Booking.com didn’t get our reservation right! We had booked a family deluxe room with 2 doubles & a sofa bed for 2 adults 2 children (age 15 & 4) we had a room with just a double & a sofa bed when we arrived. Luckily there was a room with 2 doubles in which we waited for (approx 1hr!) the staff couldn’t of been nicer & more professional. We were very disappointed with booking.com! Bar Food & Drinks were extortionate! £4.25 for a coke! £4.50 for the tiniest portion of chips. Also had to wait over an hour to use the swimming pool on Saturday as it was full. Would of been gd to have known that at check in but LivingWell is separate from the hotel I think. Better communication between the 2?!

Staff very good, comfy beds, leisurely Sunday breakfast, plenty of choice. Free take away coffee machine too at breakfast. Easy parking.

• Double Guest Room

The shower wasn't great and the bar a bit too pricey for the location.we live in London and the prices were higher at the hotel than in London.

The receptionist lucy on our check in was fantastic and really helpful. She had excellent customer service and warmth.thank you Lucy. It was great that the bar stayed open late as we were part of a wedding party. And the efficiency of room service was great.

• Twin Guest Room

Bathroom. Also asked on booking and in person if anything could be done to mark my mum's 60th birthday but nothing was which was disappointing.

The hotel was very relaxed, the decor was nice and service, food etc was good. The room was lovely except for the bathroom which let it down (310) was mouldy around bath seal and damp on ceiling which wasn't nice when taking a bath - the bathroom needs updating to match th room. Overall excellent stay tho!

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

The lack of wifi is always confusing for me. I travel often for work and never book a Hilton because of the wifi. It is still inconvenient when traveling with family. I know I can pay more, but it is really just more trouble than connecting with my phone.

Beautiful grounds, friendly staff and a good gym.

• Twin Guest Room

It was just an overnight stop - we arrived, went out immediately,came back late, got up late, had breakfast and left - there was nothing I didn't like but I only used the basic facilities

Good breakfast buffet and very convenient location

• Double Guest Room

We couldn't use the pool at all as it seemed to be permanently full of children; in fact the whole hotel was full of children. Our bathroom was so tatty that we didn't use either the bath or the shower. A tile fell off in the bathroom during our stay.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was really excellent. It was a nice touch to have water supplied in the room and a paper at breakfast.

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

The key card kept forgetting to let us in and so I had to keep going to the front desk to ask them to authorise us with a new card. This happened 3 times so was frustrating. also there was a wedding when we arrived and so we had to go past the smokers outside which made a poor first impression.

Breakfast was superb. Room very dark-slept well. Bed extremely comfortable and children loved the enormous television in the room. Swimming pool was lovely-very relaxing.

• Twin Guest Room

Only 1 thing. The chairs in the restaurant were very badly stained. They need to be replaced or at least recovered ASAP.

Room 328 very quiet and comfortable with 2 very large beds!

• Double Deluxe Room

I'm afraid the breakfast buffet was chaotic. Food was running out whilst we were there and 30 minutes before the end of service they had completely run out of bacon!

Very nicely finished room, really speedy check-in

• Double Deluxe Room

Poor mattress -Shockingly hard, and even with a mattress topper, we could feel the springs. Struggled with a restful sleep. Very disappointed considering we were in a deluxe room (#219).

Very nice location, good size hotel, good breakfast, spa facilities, very clean bathroom and walk-in shower.

• Double Guest Room

The not mentioned service charges at the bar when not actual service was given as a group of three couple our service charges for the evening totals nearly £60.00 on an NYE event costing £175 per couple. Also bar prices highly over priced. Average bootle of house wine £26. Not to mention charges for bottle water something I would expect complimentary.

the room although was clean and tidy it requires updating the room was looking old and dated as a joining room which is used for families there was evidence of coloured pencils and scuffs on walls.

• Double Guest Room

The bathroom looked like it could do with a touch up , the wall could do with a bit of refilling and the ceiling in shower was flaking

The reception was excellent and unexpectedly upgraded which was excellent , the staff were very welcoming

• Double Deluxe Room

Sink took ages to empty and was very noisy.

Comfortable room. Excellent staff. Sink took ages to empty. Excellent shower and fairly good selection of teas and coffee. Television okay.

• Two Double Bed Deluxe Family Room

The fitness facility broke but that's a one off n way

Good quiet environment nice for kids too and food good priced Meals , which was great thanks

• Twin Guest Room

We had to ask to change rooms as the one allocated was over, we think the kitchen, and was extremely noisy. The new room then had a noisy extractor fan in the bathroom which didn't switch off all night. We had to keep the bathroom door closed at all times.

The bar and breakfast were good and the hotel was warm. The bathroom had a walk in shower.

• Double Guest Room

Nothing to really dislike, but two things to comment on. Couldn't find the coffee making facilities...found in the cupboard by the bed. The drinks at the bar were expensive.

It was spacious and appears as in a rural environment. The bedroom was large enough and the bed was very comfortable.

• Double Guest Room

Room was very modern, breakfast had various selection, nice and cozy style with great hospitality. very quiet in the room to provide enough concentration time!

• Double Guest Room

The cost of a drinks from the bar. Their were children running around unsupervised in the bar area and lounge, this was also happening late evening. The Cooke buffet breakfast was cold

The room was comfortable

• Two Queen Bed Deluxe Room

Booked 2 double beds room , one of which was a bed settee which wasn’t suitable .. also the quilt supplied was all stained, as were moved to another room with 2 proper double beds , there was then a power cut for over 2 hours .. so all in all unfortunately not the greatest stay in a hotel !!

Lovely location . Lovely hotel nice big rooms