Reviews of Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon 4 stars

A429 Stratford Road, Warwick, CV34 6RE, United Kingdom

#13 of 24 hotels in Warwick

It's a Hilton and you get what you expect
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The price of food and wine should be expected to be high in a hotel like this but we were caught unawares. The quality of the food was good but not sure it was worth the money. The walls in the wing are very thin so you can hear everything going on next door.

The location near the M40 and the centre of Warwick is excellent. Check in and Check out were very efficient and exactly how you would expect from a Hilton Hotel. There was a private function going on but it did not affect our stay.

Enjoy this hotel use every time I visit family
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

The only complaint I had was, We were in disabled room ( hubby disabled) when we had shower the walk in shower flooded the whole bathroom, Had to have extra towels to mop it up as they knew 🤫 why not sort?

I was with family over the weekend

More than happy-would stay again.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

The drinks are very very expensive. Food quite expensive too but was of a good quality.

The bed was comfy and the room was pleasant. The tv was nice and big and the bathroom was nice.

Excellent stay at Hilton Warwick
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The hotel was a great location from the nearby wedding venue and close to Warwick and Castle too. The breakfast was great with many options, and staff extremely friendly and helpful. Excellent late night bar too, but not noisy either.

Very relaxing
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Not much in surrounding area we like to have a walk after evening meal but the main rd was quite busy

Massive choice for breakfast Rooms clean bed comfortable Quiet considering we were close to motorway

Very well situated by the M40 although you would never know...
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Could have done with some biscuits to go with tea and coffee, but hey its good for the waist line!!

Very well situated by the M40 although you would never know it was there it was so quiet inside the hotel. Good parking.

Wonderful comfortable and convenient
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The Hilton Warwick is a lovely place to stay. Staff are very helpful and property was kept clean. We stayed in a double deluxe room and had bed & breakfast, which was a very nice spread. I feel like they cater to everybody with their vegan sausages and soya milk. The hotel staff helped with booking a taxi and kindly letting us know when our driver was outside (which was no longer than 10 min wait) Beds were comfy, room was clean, enough towels, large flat screen tv on the wall, tea and coffee facilities with some packs of shortbread to enjoy with your drink. Would visit again and recommend !

A good hotel with extremely friendly staff and a very good breakfast buffet
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

The breakfast could start at 6 am instead of 6:30 am which gives early leavers the time to enjoy your fantastic breakfast buffet. The bathroom could be a little bit bigger and the water pressure on the shower tab could be higher.

The breakfast buffet was great. Staff is extremely friendly and rooms and amenities are very clean.

Average
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Very outdated room tired. Had to pay £12 for WiFi. Bath tiny and very scruffy with dirty grouting and plybored instead of bath panel. Dodgy bedside lamps .. breakfast lovely though

Great hotel facilities just such a pity the sound proofing was most definately not up to scratch.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The rooms an age old problem with some Hotels were NOT SOUNDPROOFED! Very noisy frm room next door had to move rooms! However the staff were very understanding and brilliant with me.

facilities were Great!

• Double Hilton Guest Room

There was an issue with the computer systems when I was trying to check in which meant I couldn't check in and I was slightly late for a business meeting

The staff at this hotel are the best I’ve experienced at a...
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

The rooms are a little tired but the main areas and the staff more than make up for this minor point.

The staff at this hotel are the best I’ve experienced at a large chain. A lot of their competitors could learn an awful lot from the way the staff conduct themselves. The breakfast is also one of the best buffets I’ve seen and the poached eggs (freshly made) are excellent.

Not what I expected from a Hilton Hotel but was still enjoyable
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Over priced for the hotel facilities and decor Expensive WiFi £12.99 per day The restaurant staff were very unhelpful and left us to figure everything out ourselves, such as self service breakfast and drinks. The menu was very limited and had only a few vegetarian options.

Fast check out service Our TV remote was broken and they fixed the problem very quickly with a replacement remote in minutes. We walked up to Warwick which was a 35 minute walk and very easy straight road. They wrote a happy birthday card for my partner and sent balloons and wine to room complimentary, which was a lovely touch.

Adequate
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Absolutely hated the fact that the football is on in the bar area! Couldn’t get a seat with me so went outside to the in adequate seating area by the car park! No heaters so we were cold and had to go back inside luckily the football to finish by this time. I appreciate most people like the football but there are some of us to absolutely hate it and it would have been nice to of had one part of the bar that was not taken over with the noise match

The location was perfect for our needs. The hotel was bright staff very friendly and the room was it maculate.

Helpful reception staff, well located
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Breakfast coffee was a bit stewed and no other coffee options were on offer. The bathroom was a bit disheveled. Toilet was beginning to wobble. Bath had missing enamel. It was not unusable but expected better standard at a Hilton.

Breakfast was good, staff helpful, good location for getting bus to Stratford-upon-Avon which was the purpose of my stay.

Very poor quality would definitely recomend people look elsewhere.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

For a start, they make you pay £5 to park on their car park. even for guests. No glasses in the toilet for cleaning teeth. No toilet brush. Layer of dust on the bedside lamp, that you could write in. No air conditioning in the rooms, which made it uncomfortably warm. The bed were noisy when you moved on them and the pillows were small and poor quality. I have stayed in all levels of luxury hotels and have stayed in better travel lodges than this. Not what you expect from a Hilton hotel.

Not much actually, probably only the location.

Kind, warm and helpful staff combined with good value, comfy and practical rooms!
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The rooms are a little dated in appearance. I like it when hotels have a variety of papers and magazines on hand - useful for solo female travellers in particular!

Superb staff! I was staying to be near my Mum who was critically ill in Warwick hospital and the staff couldn’t have been kinder or more helpful. I loved the comfy beds too. An excellent stay at a difficult time.

• Twin Hilton Guest Room

White bedding seems to be the in thing would prefer coloured, white is so easily marked though I have to admit the bed was very comfy

Welcome and friendly staff but not too pushy, fantastic choice at breakfast and lunch box was excellent for when I left.

The staff was absolutely amazing- we arrived with 7 months...
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

The one downside of our stay was that we shared our room with families of mosquitoes.

The staff was absolutely amazing- we arrived with 7 months old baby and they had everything set up for our stay. Communication beforehand was as well impressive. The breakfast was one of the best in comparison with similar establishments and the location to nearby attractions very convenient.

Just the once
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Needs remodernising. Bathroom was dirty and despite telling them which is what they askyou to do this was not corrected.

Staff friendly. Plenty of parking

Enjoyable
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Maybe more toiletries they were half full and the conditioner was empty.

We were travelling to a wedding and had been told ther was no room and this meant we would have to take our luggage to a wedding! Really not appropriate. Anyway they eventually found a room - so we were VERY grateful. We would have had to make an extra return taxi journey at £10 each way.

Very enjoyable
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The little garden that was outside our window needed brighting up with shrubs or flowers

Our room was nice and clean bed and pillows very comfy breakfast was very good if what you wanted was not there they would get it for you The staff were helpful and fiendly we had a very nice stay that made the weekend very enjoyable

Had a great time and the hotel made us very welcome and comfortable.

Wasn't really anything.

Room was very nice and liked the basket provided with slippers and treats inside. Good quality hotel with excellent facilities. Highly recommend.

week end in stratford upon avon

nothing i can think of

Good room, clean, friendly staff, excellent breakfast, pet friendly. good location we really liked our stay, if we go back to warwick we will definitely pick this one again.

It adequately served a purpose.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

I booked two rooms for ourselves and friends but only one room had been reserved. Not good!! The toilet flushing handle was broken.

Good beds, good food and bar facilities with excellent staff. Good clean restaurant with plenty of space.

Great breakfast while on the road
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Decor a little tired in the halls nothing else

Great breakfast comfortable clean and handy location easy to get to and reasonable. Staff polite and friendly even late at night when arriving. Huge tv !!!

Unlike us, guests drank and ate at the Havester across the road on the Friday and Saturday lunch
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

We were also booked with a group function for Saturday. Cost of drinks overpriced, food good,certainly nothing special, especially at the Saturday evening function, although service was helpful. Inter room sound insulation very poor could easily hear child and family in room above moving around, also noisy guests returning to their rooms well into the early hours

Exceptionally good value on accommodation, reception staff great. Rooms an expected standard for Hilton. Breakfast,included in the price was very good with a wide variety and good service

The room was clean and staff were friendly
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The mattress was very hard my partner and I both had difficulty sleeping and we had sore backs the next day

The room was clean and staff were friendly

Very convenient clean and spacious hotel
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

I paid for Bed and Breakfast and opted to take it in my room. As expected there was a tray charge of £5 . However it stated on the card that guests who had already paid for breakfast would pay £6. Imagine my astonishment when I was charged the £6 AND the £5 - £11 to have an already paid for meal brought to my room - which was about 2 minutes from the restaurant on the ground floor!!

Very friendly staff and a really nice bar. The bar food was very reasonably priced and nicely presented.

Dated
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The fixtures and fittings in the rooms are dated. I've stayed in better 2* rooms in terms of the quality. The bar and restaurant have been decorated in the last few years but the rooms neglected.

Breakfast buffet was good and the poached eggs were bang on. The mattress was comfortable.

Very comfortable with nice breakfast, but outside of this food, drinks and WiFi too expensive.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Price of meals and drinks, way over the top. Also WiFi too highly priced. Following payment for 1 day (£9.95) went across to Harvester and used theirs for free.

rooms and lounge area very comfortable and clean. Very relaxing. Excellent breakfast

Your booking on-line mislead me I thought I was getting free...
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Your booking on-line mislead me I thought I was getting free parking and free breakfast for your quoted price. I did not and I was extremely disappointed with your service

The hotel is good, has a free gym which gets busy and the equipment is really nice.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The TV's are huge and the hotel have removed a massive amount of capability from them.... not sure why they don't allow you to set a Sleep Timer ???

Staff are nice and very welcoming. The hotel needs to be updated somewhat as its getting a little tired. Nice bar and restaurant area.

Excellent overnight short break stay.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Alarm/radio was the other side of the room from the bed. No complimentary biscuits with coffee /tea in room. I'd have liked a pool as well as gym

Room was very comfortable and well equipped. Gym was well equipped & open 24/7.

What I expected.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

I was charged more than the amount Booking.com had given me. I had the paperwork and the hotel was ready to honour what I was expecting. Procedures need to be improved.

Very good breakfast choice. Efficient staff. I'm sure the new carpet will improve things.

Great Weekend
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

The only disappointment was the evening meal on the Saturday evening, although the service was excellent I feel that it was let down by the quality of the main course, The griddled prawns had not been near a griddle but were frozen cooked king prawns that had been defrosted, warmed through and skewered (without even a hint of seasoning) I find shortcuts like that a let down but to complain when you are in company can very easily ruin what was otherwise another nice stay at a Hilton

The staff were very friendly and helpful, A good start to the day with an excellent breakfast served with a smile helped to make a great long weekend away

my stay was fantastic and i am planning to visit your place again.

Everything was perfect

Food was palatable,staff were very nice, what i like rooms were kept clean everyday.Everyone was helpful starting from the receptionists.

Lovely Hotel
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Maybe a little improvements with decor in the rooms but overall nothing really to complain about

Great location food was excellent and pleasant staff definitely will be back

Great stay as I regularly stay here on business, will be returning in the near future.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The rooms could possibly do with being updated, but comfortable all the same.

The staff were very friendly and the food within the meeting room area was exceptional!

Great stay, 9/10!
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

The only downsides were the room and the decor. Although the room was great there is a minor issue with sound proofing and dated decor throughout the hotel. When in the room settling for bed, we could hear people in the hallway and in the room next door. It was mostly footsteps (thuds) and table usage (cups being put down etc.). This was only the smallest of details and did not adversely affect our stay.

(Almost) everything was fantastic, the bed was comfortable, the temperature was ideal, the restaurant, location and facilities were great. Great, friendly and helpful staff could not be faulted, and the bathroom, although a little dated, was clean and functioned perfectly (hot shower!!)

Welcoming. Comfortable. Relaxing
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The staff very helpful & friendly. We ordered lunch at the bar. Service & food were lovely. Our room was very comfortable. The bathroom was lovely & clean. Very highly recommend.

Staff were all excellent.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Furniture in rooms dull and old fashioned.

Staff were all excellent. Special mention to Andreea excellent ambassador for Hilton brand. FABULOUS breakfast.

Housekeeping woke us up at 9 am and started to come in which...
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Housekeeping woke us up at 9 am and started to come in which is pretty unacceptable on a holiday morning. This ruined any lie in so was a real low point. Everything else was very average but okay

My Complaint is with Booking.
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

My Complaint is with Booking.com. I am Fed Up with lack of details on bed sizes. We had to change rooms and have separate beds as the 'Large Bed' is not suitable for normal size 6ft people. I do not expoect to sleep like a 'Novice Nun'

Friendly staff/ Great hotel bar
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

Rooms are a little dated decor-wise, but clean and equipped with everything you'd expect.

Great bar and snack area for relaxing and unwinding in. Staff were polite and attentive. Check-in staff likewise.

Good value, fantastic location.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Bit old fashioned, but still practical.

Such good value! Parking is included in room price at the weekend, and we were able to park right beneath our room window. We walked to Warwick castle (30 mins- all paths) from the hotel, and there is a Harvester across the road as well as a good restaurant/bar in the hotel. Staff were excellent and extremely accommodating.

Great location for access to Warwick Castle

Reception area, bar and restaurant were chilly despite the efforts of the staff who provided portable heaters.

Hotel staff were friendly and our special birthday weekend was recognised with a complimentary bottle of Prosecco. Breakfast buffet was of a high standard.

Staff and breakfast and location were way above what we expected in fact could not be better.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Very dated rooms and shoddy bathroom like a 2 star and room not well ventilated felt musty but all said and done we got s discounted rate and would of expected to pay allot more if the room was better good bargain room

Very good value for money easy to book staff were very good

Location of the hotel andreally friendly reception personnel.
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

Travelled with dogs and had send question about it (+possible fee) and none botherwed to answer on it. The learnt about additional pet fee at the time of arrival. Also had asked room (because travelled with dogs and wanted to disturb other guests as little as possible) close to the entry. My room was in the 2nd floor and in the last end of the most further aisle. The hotel had lots of manual doors all the way in the aisles abd carrying bags and walking dogs was as complicated as possible.

Location of the hotel andreally friendly reception personnel.

Not good enough for a Hilton.
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

Very noisy outside our room and also the guests above us. I appreciate the hotel can’t co tell noisy guests but you should not be able to hear them walking around the room. Better sound proofing is required. The bed is the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in.

Good breakfast and friendly staff

Was ok visiting friends
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

The shiny tiled floor in bathroom was severely slippy with socks on or off and that was dry. No hand rail outside bathnearly did the splits a few times. Re think that floor or get grips on floor

The breakfast was as replenished and was of all good quality. Chef was really Nice as well made lovely poached eggs for me all staff attentive well run xx

It was a good stay. Very helpful staff and good food.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Having to pay for parking. This was not clear when I made the booking and I was a bit annoyed. Parking should be free for guests in my view.

There was a problem with the cleanliness of the room when I arrived and the staff were exemplary in their response to this.

Would definitely stay again.

Bar area a bit dusty.

They cater for gluten free and everything was hot. You don’t feel like it’s a cattle market in the morning. Very relaxed. Rooms very clean.

I actually stayed 2 nights 23/2/ to 25/2.

all explained above!!!

I actually stayed 2 nights 23/2/ to 25/2. Breakfast the first morning was not good fairly tasteless and had obviously been sitting in the heated units for a while. I think the bacon would benefit from not being put beside the black pudding. I also had dinner in the restaurant on Friday night and it was excellent. Saturday night was the NPS Ball and the food was excellent Thank you. The breakfast on the Sunday morning was much better but I was down earlier and I think that it hadn't been sitting for so long!! Enjoyed my Stay. Many Thanks.

Worth another visit.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Beds were extremely comfortable. Food: Dinner & breakfast were well above average, in fact very, very good ! Staff courteous & helpful - the text message prior to our arrival asking whether the hotel could do any thing for us was a surprise and helpful as the young lady booked a table for us for dinner. Other guests attending the same function as us were full of praise on FB for the Warwick Hilton generally. Well done !

Close to Warwick castle a hotel with a friendly vibe.
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Beds were good quality but a bit firm for my liking, but thats just personal choice. Might have been nice to have had a pool with the gym.

Plenty of friendly helpful staff about. The hotel was busy but there was never a queue at the bar and the restaraunt service was prompt too. Nice vibe about the place.

A little more than I bargained for
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Someone had obviously checked into the room and then moved as they had left the key and there was rubbish in the bin and a used towel!

Great breakfast, good parking and great facilities. The staff were friendly and helpful

Pleasant stay
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Room and bathroom a little dated, bar prices a little high but I guess it is the Hilton, no fridge/mini bar in room

Nice bar area, friendly staff, free parking at weekends, bus stop just outside for easy bus into Warwick.

Price over substance
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Paying for parking, room was expensive enough already. Shower curtain in a very dated bathroom - it’s the 21st century! Holiday Inn Express across the road next time.

Good location and breakfast.

Relaxing, peaceful. .. totally blissful
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

Loved everything, couldn't fault anything.

Lovely helpful staff, very clean, great breakfast plenty of everything excellent value for money! Facilities brilliant and rooms had everything you could want. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Flea Bites
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

I was bitten, possibly flea bites which I discovered after I woke up, having felt itchy all night. The complaint was not investigated properly and was just closed down with no point of appeal. The bites could not have come from anywhere else. Do not stay here.

It was simply the best.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

There was nothing we didn't like. Seven of us stayed two nights with not a single complaint.

The staff went out of their way to make our friends 70th birthday special. Everything was brilliant down to the big fluffy bath towels. The breakfast was excellent. Well done to you all.

Ok
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

Room was dated, had been cleaned but was imaculate. Dust on phone. Greasy desk. Hair in bath room. Heating wouldn’t work An it was so cold x Also told we would have fruit platter deliver to the room -never came

The lounge was comfy. Staff were excellent

We’ll be back - lovely stay again. Thanks
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

The road into Warwick town centre is very very dark outside the hotel - no street lights!

Good range of options with changes daily. Love the egg chef. Very tasty blackberry juice with added vit C and zinc - great idea when everyone has the flu this year.

A relaxing time was had by all
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

everything. The room the staff the bar me and my partner could not fault anything just a lovely stay. I will be staying again soon thanks

really enjoyable, we will be booking again.
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

the gents toilets near the bar. the urinals could be replaced as the old ones look unclean.

we liked everything from the moment we arrived till the moment we left, everybody was really friendly and the room was very welcoming after 71/2hrs in traffic.

We had a beautiful comfortable stay. We came away for our 10th Wedding Anniversary.
    • Deluxe Family Hilton Guest Room

Only thing was the tissue box didn’t get refilled. Also we didn’t get any more water in our room after the first night. We asked at the desk They said after the first night you charge. That shouldn’t happen you should provide water throughout the stay.

Our stay was excellent wonderful we were really happy. The service, staff and the helpfulness of the staff fantastic.

Quick, comfortable stay with great staff.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

It looked a bit jaded around the edges. Ladies toilets near reception and my room looked dusty around the edges. Nothing serious, but like it had been skimmed rather than cleaned properly.

great location, very friendly and efficient staff, nice lunch - for our conference group (FOIC)

Good location, excellent staff
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The flush of the toilet was a little off, called reception who came out immediately however, problem still occured.

Room was a good size, good location.

In drastic need of a makeover and review of prices
    • Deluxe Family Hilton Guest Room

Felt it was a glorified travel lodge. Nothing Hilton about it. It was £96 for 2 seals, a pizza, a pint and a glass of wine. Bit excessive for a motorway hotel really. If you are looking to stay in that area you are better looking at a local house b&b

Didn’t like anything about the hotel

Disappointing for a Hilton
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

The room was quite tired and not 100% clean. We had to pay extra for parking which seemed a bit odd given the price of the room (and the extra for breakfast!). Minor annoyance - the clock was set to the wrong time and we couldn't change it.

Bed was comfortable and staff helpful - they brought us non-feather bedding when we requested it quite late in the evening.

good hotel, comfortable bed, easy parking
    • Double Hilton Guest Room

my only issue was the disco going on until 1am which literally made my floor tremble - and I was on 3rd floor - it was loud

Hotel was good, fab location,

Great room, great breakfast, shame about the cold shower!
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

Shower appeared to be broken - no hot water. Would have expected this to be checked prior to allocating the room.

Great size room with a few little treats which was a nice touch. Nice lounge and bar area with a lovely open fire, great on a chilly night! Good variety at breakfast.

Fab!
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

No fluffy bathrobe in the deluxe room as advertised but we didn’t mind so didn’t alert the staff to it.

Staff were very welcoming, friendly and attentive. Comfy room with the biggest tv I’ve ever seen in a hotel room. Breakfast was great. The chef was brilliant. His breakfast muffins were delicious! And superb poached eggs.

We would stay again. It was relaxing atmosphere with everything you need for a stay away.
    • Deluxe Double Hilton Guest Room

Our room was cold, with just a little radiator due to the heating not working. Reception sent housekeeping. Heating broken but house keeping did not report that back to reception so I had to make do with a blanket.

Spacious clean room with a nice bathroom with everything you need for an overnight stay. Dinner was fabulous lots of choice. Breakfast was great, very well catered. Staff all were very polite & nothing was too much trouble. Hotel situated very close to Warwick Castle & Stratford upon Avon.