Reviews of Holiday Inn Aberdeen West 4 stars

Westhill Drive, Westhill , AB32 6TT, United Kingdom

It was okay. But requires improvement.
    • Queen Room

encountered an issue related to cleanliness within the room. Found a big mosquito inside the room which caused inconvenience during the night. Next morning, this incident was conveyed to the hotel receptionist. With such a high standard hotel like Holiday Inn, we expect the cleanliness as per the standards.

breakfast was pretty good

Quality. Without issues.
    • Queen Room

The other restaurant was closed both nights I was there which was disappointing as I enjoyed the food there during my previous stay

Check in was fast and friendly. The food was gorgeous and the staff were very efficient on the evening. Nice and friendly at breakfast in the morning. The room was perfect. The bathroom was clean and fresh towels were fluffy and changed daily.

I enjoyed the ambience of the hotel.
    • Queen Room

Kids running around the restaurant while trying to eat. The staff never asked the parents once to keep the little s***s under control.

I enjoyed the public bar and meeting local people using the bar.

Ideal for us to meet up with relatives and friends as well as visiting Aberdeen city.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The cooked breakfast, although substantial, could have been improved. The bacon was often dry! Maybe covering it and the egg dishes might have helped to retain some moisture?

Position of the hotel. Friends nearby and a very convenient bus stop.

Comfortable and convenient for city centre.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Spacious room, comfortable, allows dogs, very good breakfast, ample parking, close to city centre, lovely public park opposite for dog walking, good food and staff in hotel restaurant.

Was good enough for the prove but would've been disappointed if I'd paid the full room rate.
    • Queen Room

Shower was lukewarm. Fruit available at breakfast was soft/turning (was stored in a fridge next to a very hot server) and was warm.

Comfortable bed. Good speedy room service.

Very friendly staff.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

There was a problem with the heating in the room. I got moved without to much difficulty, so not to much of an issue. Restaurant closed, disappointing is the bar food is ok, but not as good as a restaurant.

Very friendly staff. Good standard of hotel and good location.

Poor nights sleep.
    • Queen Room

Uncomfortable bed mattress. Air conditioning made the air in the room very dry-to sore throat dry. Very windy weather (which is a very frequent weather pattern in Aberdeen)whilst we were there and as we were in a 3rd floor room we heard the roof tiles rattling very loudly all night.

Location suited for visiting relatives.

excellent would highly recommend and will use again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Due to diabled parent felt that the rooms could do with slightly better lighting.

Size of room was good as had a disabled parent with me, the breakfast and evening meal could not be faulted and the fact that my dog was able to stay in the room with us. all round good experience and will use this hotel again.

Had a great time , and found the hotel very relaxing, well done all the staff in the holiday Inn.
    • Queen Room

The heating , we where not very keen on , as it is blow air heating and it makes the air very dry, it would be great if they could change it to so other sort of heating , but in saying that it was very wintery conditions , it wouldn't bother us if it was summer time.

This hotel was very good on price, and ALL the staff where so friendly and pleasant , the food was very good , the room was very clean, and had a great shower, if we are ever up in Aberdeen again I would make sure we stay there.

Great value for money.Great effort went into creating a warm welcoming Christmassy atmosphere.Will d
    • Queen Room

Hot buffet at breakfast very dried up but overall good value for.money😊

Staff.Overall service. I have been here several times and been disappointed with staff service but what a transformation! COMMUNICATION/EYE CONTACT/SMILES-little things but it made me feel like a guest instead of an intruder.

Pleasant, friendly and helpful staff. Nothing was too much trouble.
    • Queen Room

Only the air conditioning but that is a purely personal thing. I like to be able to open a window.

Rooms were clean and bed was comfy. Staff were lovely, friendly and kind and helpful. There was a lovely relaxed feel to the hotel.

A warm welcome ...makes you feel at ease

Nothing ...all good...

This was a lovely hotel and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Our room was very clean and warm was maybe a bit small for our needs as husband not very good on the walking etc...... and not able to manage the shower (over bath) very well ...but will be more prepared next time as we will be back!! I am sure if we had said to the Desk they would have made other arrangements. We had an evening meal there on one occasion and it was very good... Breakfast faultless....

First class in all respects
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Nothing to dislike. Near industrial area so not the best scenery.

Superb friendly staff. everything was clean and fresh. Comfotable bed Excellent breakfast. Dog welcome at no extra cost. 2 restaurants and a bar in premises. Dog permitted in bar. Close to airport and city centre.

Very enjoyable all our needs met
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

See above - excellent value for moneyVer

We had previously used the property and in fact lived in the area many years previously. The purpose of the visit was to link up with people we knew in the area and during our stay in addition to breakfast we ate in both the bar and restaurant on different evenings. No complaints at all.

Everything you expect from a Holiday Inn or similar chain outlet.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Open WiFi connection seemed to have a virus on it! I don’t stay at these places often so had forgotten they have a separate menu. I wasn’t told I could order a cooked breakfast from a menu and was directed to the buffet bar instead. I’m not a fan of the buffet bars and although not bad, it’s not the same as a freshly cooked brekkie!

Large television, functional room, good choice of food and other facilities such as gym were available.

Friendly and comfortable place to stay

The room could have been cleaner (I don't like finding hair in my bath and dirt on the carpet by the bed) and the bed could probably do with a replacement - felt a bit worn out. But otherwise a good place to stay and good value for the money.

Friendly and very attentive staff, good atmosphere and comfortable size rooms.

Unwelcoming receptionist. Noisy, overpowering air conditioning. Otherwise stay was okay.
    • Queen Room

Receptionist was very snippy and unfriendly. Reception wasn't even busy at the time of my arrival. Air conditioning was very noisy and blasted out icy cold air. I woke up with very dry eyes after a poor sleep. The only way I could see to put off the air conditioning would have been to remove my card, which would have put off all electric power!

Good shower but would have liked a bath.

Beautiful hotel, comfy bed, great party room and staff and excellent breakfast
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Room was very hot or cold with aircon on but im not the best at technology.... if id been staying longer i would have asked for help on system but for one night it was fine.

Room excellent, when i checked in the staff realised it was two girls sharing the room and immediatley rushed up to make up the sofa bed and offer extra tea,coffee, hot chocolate etc for my grandchildren who were with me but not staying. Excellent service

Pleasant hotel. Friendly helpful staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

As always it seems in chain hotels, lights are quite dim in the rooms.

Very friendly helpful staff. Pleasant room. Comfortable beds. Nice restaurant, very varied menu, good food, good breakfast. Good location for our needs.

Lovely stay on the outskirts of Aberdeen.
    • Queen Room

Although the hotel did have a dog friendly bar it can get very busy and is quite small. We stayed on a Saturday evening, so this may not be the case midweek.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Our dog was welcomed and loved that Reception staff kept a box of doggy biscuits. Location was good and the surrounding area had shops and food/coffee places. Very handy if you want to see Aberdeen without staying in the city centre.

Friendly stay
    • Queen Room

I can not think of any aspect of my stay that I did not like.

The restaurant food is excellent, great choice served quickly by lovely polite staff. Breakfast was self serve with a vast varied choice to suit all. The reception staff were cheerful and happy to chat, we were welcomed back which was a nice touch having used the hotel before.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

This was my first stay at a holiday inn it will be my last .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Don't stay in room 113. (Twin room). It was too hot and stuffy even with airconditioning. The windows were locked because you looked onto a flat roof it also looked into a brick wall. They also charged me twice and made some excuse because I used a debit card.

The breakfast was fantastic and the staff were very friendly an helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Run for the hills
    • Queen Room

What didn't I like?,,, leaving the highlands.

Though I answered with '?' regarding, how safe is the area, westhill does seem a lovely area. Great park for the hound to have a quick walk before or after a day of running and digging in the hills.

15 year old son not allowed to use the gym, although this...
    • Queen Room

15 year old son not allowed to use the gym, although this may have been for insurance purposes I would have appreciated it being made more obvious - we would probably have chosen a hotel with a pool instead had we known

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Excellent rooms, great food, but incomparible outstanding service.

Not a thing

We took my mother-in-law along, who is blind and quite infirm, for an overnight break as part of her mother's day...and to allow us to see our son playfootball the next morning in Westhill. The staff could not have been more helpful to her and to us. They bent over backwards to ensure she was supported during the short stay. Outstanding service.

Excellent, comfort an
    • Queen Room

Can't think of anything that I didn't like!

The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom superb, lovely big shower cubicle and excellent shower. The selection at breakfast was also superb.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Birthday weekend stay top marks
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The standard of service was very high. Very attentive from the lady on reception to the waiting staff at dinner and breakfast. The room was very clean,spacious and the bed very comfortable. As a regular customer the hotel met all my expectations.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

perfect
    • Queen Room

Was a short one night stay, with a very early departure.... But, bathroom was lovely with plenty room. Room nice and bed comfy, tea tray just perfect.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Would stay again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Yogurt was nicely displayed on shelving but was warm as not kept eg in cool bowl. My granddaughter with me is vegetarian and she did not like that meats were in the fridge with her options, a possible solution would be a fridge side each and not back and front to each other.

I am Coeliac and staff were very helpful in regard to my foods.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Want a fantastic place to stay try it you won't be disappointed.

Nothing at all.

We have been twice in the last 8 weeks and both times have been fantastic the staff and facilities were exactly what a brilliant hotel needs to keep it at the top of its game.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Fab as always!
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

room lighting isn't the best!

Abba tribute night was brilliant, staff were very helpful and made you welcome! Room was spotless and breakfast was delicious!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Good and friendly
    • Queen Room

Bed a bit soft for my personal preference but adequate sofa bed was sore for child but input a towel under which fixed the wee princess 😊 But nothing to really moan at to be honest

Food and room

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Night out
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There ian air conditioning that seemed to run all night

Room was spacious and clean we stayed following on of the hotels tridute nights. Staying made it a much easier evening.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Clean and friendly
    • Queen Room

Room was cold on entry and you couldn't leave heating on when you left because of key card system.

Great buffet breakfast. Plenty choice,well cooked.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Very enjoyable
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

the bed was extremely comfy, best night sleep had in ages, Hotel accepts pets which was ideal for us , even the dog enjoyed her stay she even had a welcome doggy treat. Transport into Aberdeen just outside hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Location, restaurant, room size.
    • Queen Room

I used the hotel phone to call out and I was shocked when I saw the bill. This is very, very expensive and I will never use it again.

Location, restaurant, room size.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

first class holiday inn

Can't think of anything

Great location really friendly staff lovely comfortable room cleanliness and brilliant breakfast will certainly use again thank you

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Disorganised
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Despite emailing through yourself to get confirmation we had a twin room we got there and we didn't have a twin room. We were told they'd make up the sofa bed but they didn't and my son spent the night on a couch!

Nice bar and breakfast

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Good place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Stayed two nights - beds were comfy. Good access for my elderly mother in room and hotel generally. Lots of free parking. Good breakfast and the restaurant had good selection for dinner. Easy to catch bus in to central Aberdeen and there shops across the road for food and snacks.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

not as good as it used to be
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

hotel looking a bit tired room very small room very hot and when you put on the air conditioning made it like a fridge there was no happy medium

Bed was comfy great the hotel accept dogs nice reception staff great shower

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

A superb stay.

Nothing to dislike.

The hotel is extremely good value, super accommodation, great food and staff that are happy, friendly with a strong desire to please. A wonderful experience.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

The quietness of the location and room was great even with a...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a fire drill which seemed to have been set off deliberately by one of the wedding party, no apologies were made at all by anyone. As soon as the fire crew turned up we were told we could go back in.

The quietness of the location and room was great even with a wedding reception

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Everything.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Fire evacuation during nieces wedding reception not very well organised, but thankfully it all ended alright.

Everything. The whole experience was lovely.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Lovely staff and hotel
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The breakfast coffee in the vacuum jugs - had a poor first cup so asked for freshly brewed cappuccino which was great.

The rooms seemed more up to date than other holiday inns we have stayed in, and the bathroom had an actual bath and was well decorated rather than those funny shower/toilet combos in other hotels. The hotel is on a bus route into town, is in the middle of houses near local shops and is nice and quiet at night. We ate at Luigis, the in house restaurant, which was very tasty.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Fab hotel for money, breakfast disapointing
    • Queen Room

The cooked breakfast was hard going. Not sure if overcooked or under the lights too long but everything was solid and barely chewable.

The quality of my stay for the price I paid was excellent.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

A pleasant stay
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

In the restaurant (Luigi's) there were several items on the menu which were marked with a V for vegetarian but which contained fish or meat. The air-conditioning was rather loud, and if we opened the window (room 121) the noise from the outside vents was loud.

Room service was very fast - great to get your coffee in bed! The room really was very pleasant and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Breakfast was good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room had central heating...in July . Too hot for us. Next time we'll ask if they'll turn it off before we arrive, and ask for a quiet room.

Breakfast was good...a good choice.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

A good conveniant and comfortable base to see the surrounding area from.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was air conditioned and a bit noisy and the temperature was difficult to get right/comfortable for sleeping purposes

We only slept at the hotel and did not take breakfast or avail ourselves of any of the other hotel facilities. The hotel was convenient easy to get to with plenty of parking although on the Friday night a wedding party made parking difficult in the evening. The room was well appointed, clean and comfortable and the park opposite was convenient for exercising our dog.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Relaxing weekend
    • Queen Room

Bedrooms terribly hot and if you left the room and took your key card the air conditioning went off and had to be set again on return and the windows did not open far enough for a through draft

Comfortable Friendly Staff Food excellent and Comfortable beds Would come back again

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Lovely hotel
    • Queen Room

Air con stopped working during the night so it was very warm. Bar staff should be better trained to compliment the great selection of drinks... shouldn't have to ask for lime to go in my nice gin!

Rooms and bathrooms are lovely. Great selection of drinks at the bar.

The room was small and dated.
    • Queen Room

The room was small and dated. The bed was really small.. bathroom was lovely

Really enjoyed our stay and weather was fantastic
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Very comfortable and friendly staff food was excellent

just had a nice time
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Had to wait to long to be served at the bar went to other bar and there was three staff standing doing nothing

Necessity to walk outside to visit the bar, I fell down the...
    • Queen Room

Necessity to walk outside to visit the bar, I fell down the badly lit stairs.

Great staff and superb breakfast.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Great staff and superb breakfast. Room good and shower very powerful and hot.

Good room excellent

Good room excellent

• Queen Room

No breakfast included in the cost.

Very comfortable

Expensive

Very comfortable

Near to my destination good breakfast

Room small

Near to my destination good breakfast

good location, nothing to complain about.
    • Queen Room

great location for what we needed

Have stayed in this hotel a few times and will probably do again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The weather but that is outwith the hotels control!!

They have a lovely breakfadt buffet and a good selection for dinner menus.

Dissapointed that the Italian resteraunt was closed Sunday...
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Dissapointed that the Italian resteraunt was closed Sunday and Monday evening of our stay

Fantastic and relaxing
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

The Restaurant

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast offer at the hotel excellent value for money. No complaints at all

Good base for a long weekend in Aberdeen and Deeside.
    • Queen Room

Found the heating/air conditioning controls hard to get to grips with!

Friendly, helpful staff. Dog-friendly hotel.

We had a very comfortable stay after going to our daughters 40th birthday meal
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The tiles in the wet room were shiny and slippery and we nearly fell

Excellent stay and will definitely return
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were extremely attentive and polite.

usual great service.
    • Queen Room

usual great service. Very comfortable night.

Bed comfortable.
    • Queen Room

Bed comfortable. God selection of places to drink and eat. Staff great.

All in all a very good experience.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Stuck in snow but staff came to rescue immediately.

Very friendly and attentive staff.

Great value
    • Queen Room

Proximity to Aberdeen spot on for our requirements

Clean great staff, really good quality attention to detail.

Bad night sleep
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was incredibly uncomfortable

It was close to work

There was nothing wrong

It was excellent

Lovely stay lovely meal and lovely breakfast!!

Lovely place