Reviews of Holiday Inn Birmingham North - Cannock 4 stars

Bridge Street, Cannock, WS11 0DQ, United Kingdom

#5 of 7 hotels in Cannock

Good stopping place north of Birmingham
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

no biscuits or tea in the room but I assume that was an oversight

stayed before and the rooms are larger than usual and well appointed. Good location for breaking a long road trip

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Very enjoyable

Only as above

The only adverse comment that I would make is that the HOT breakfast food had been out in the trays too long and were therefore only warm and not very palatable. The food on the top floor restaurant for dinner was excellent and the staff reserved ordering our main course until we required it, which made a favourable experience. The hotel otherwise was excellent.

We will stay here again, good value for money
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

We had 2 twin rooms and neither had a fridge, on previous visits we had a fridge which was very handy

Rooms have been refurbished and we're very comfortable. Breakfast was well worth booking for 7.50 plenty of choice and all fresh

An island off the highway between Lakes District and London

All good

Great service from check-in, breakfast and check out. Easy and quick access off motorway. Didn’t have to drive into busy Birmingham for high quality room.

• Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Air con wasn’t working and we was not informed, went to our room on the 8th floor, every door was propped open and the whole floor was baking. Upon checkout we wasn’t asked how are stay was, I was just glad to leave so I could cool down.

Wont be going back
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

the bed was awful when you sat on it you would just keep sinking ! absolutely rubbish. the sliding shower door was missing and the water would run hot+cold and not much pressure either

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Good but not great left hungry
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll-in Shower

Breakfast was poor at times more staff in the breakfast room than customers who were more interested in chatting than getting eggs for the buffet and didn’t know if they had porridge despite it being on the menu. Waste of money I’d avoid breakfast in future They seem to have issues with the air con during the stay

Nice check in and warm welcome and a professional check out too Bed was very comfortable

Breakfast was nice - good selection.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Air con was broken so too hot despite doors being left open to cool room. We were however offered a fan.

Breakfast was nice - good selection. Helpful staff

Bed was comfy enough
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Showed up with our room resignation paperwork and info, wasn’t even on the system used the same booking system as my other family who where fine. Once that was all sorted after an hour (no appolagise) , Wallet went missing then when I asked them about it “mysteriously” shown up on th side with the cards all muddled up and notes missing. Earrings missing. And some makeup went missing. Doubt that’s due to my carelessness. Breakfast caused food poising in my partner who was attending my family’s side of a wedding. Staff unhelpful when they couldn’t offer me immodium after telling me they had it behind the desk just couldn’t give me it...

Bed was comfy enough

The lady at the check in counter was very helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

The only negative for me was that there was no bath in the room we were in. But saying that the water in the shower was hot and the pressure was good!

The lady at the check in counter was very helpful. During the heat wave she wanted to make sure that we were in a room that was cool enough. It was no problem as I wasn't too warm anyway. During the evening she sent ice and water up to the room. The breakfast was good and the service was good. The bed was very comfortable and the room clean.

Efficiency and friendliness of the reception staff.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Was offered breakfast at £7.50 but couldn't decide at check-in. Was then told it would be £11.00 if I decided the next morning. Why? I checked out and dined at the nearby Sainsbury for half the cost.

Efficiency and friendliness of the reception staff. Liked that I could leave my car there for the day. Great view from the 10th floor room.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Nightmare. Don't stay here. Watch your credit card cause they'll put other people's charges on it.
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Temperature outside in high 20s. We were not told on check in the air con on floors they had allocated us was broken. Stepped out of the lift to a wall of heat. Air conditioning units in the hall way. All of the bedroom doors jammed open with chairs and fans blowing hot air around in the rooms. Whole experience too long for this review. Didn't get rooms changed until midnight. We had children in the party a wedding the next day and a family of 6 were spread out from floors 4 to 10. Manager Paul not intrested would not come to speak with us. Disaster of a hotel. Many other problems too. Never have I stayed in such a disorganised place. Watch your credit card. Other people's rooms will be charged to it.

A nightmare. Never again.
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not informed of broken air conditioning upon check in. Payment taken immediately upon check in. Lift door opened to a wall of heat on our floor. Every bedroom door on the floor was jammed open with chairs and ineffective air con units in the hall way, and fans blowing hot air around in the rooms. I had booked 7 rooms for a family wedding. 5 out of the 7 rooms had air conditioning problems that made it impossible to remain in the rooms. After a few hours 2 rooms were changed. It took until midnight for the other 3 rooms to be changed. Staff told us they knew nothing of the air con problem the floor where we had 3 rooms, even though every room had fans in situ. We were told they would reset the air con and to give it a few hours to cool down. After repeatedly checking and no improvement we were told the would reset it again. It still didn't work. These 3 rooms were for a family if 6. They were then given different rooms on 3 different floors. Floor 4,9 and 10. These rooms hadn't been checked and floor 9 room had to be changed yet again. It is now 2330. We have a wedding the next day and the family in these 3 rooms have yet to unpack and prepare. There were also children staying in these rooms who were now very tired and wanted to go to bed. We checked in at approx 1700. This experience ruined our family get together. No one in our party could enjoy the stay. A complaint was lodged with the night manager. The general manager Paul did not meet to speak with us. He was apparently in all day Sunday meetings. I asked for some form of refund for the delay in allocation of 3 rooms, for a family being separated over 3 floors and the great inconvenience and unnecessary stress caused. This was dismissed and no reason given as to why when i asked. Upon check out just to top it all off a strangers booking was on my bill. Awful stay. Ruined the weekend. A Faulty Tower Hotel with incompetent staff on all levels.

Happily adequate
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

When we returned on Saturday evening there was a notice on the lift door advising us that there was a private party in the top floor restaurant. Why was the notice not there in the morning?

The location was perfect for where we needed to be with easy access to the hotel and ample parking.

Staff were very pleasant & helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

The restaurant had very little in the way of gluten free choices, even the chips weren't gluten fee!

Staff were very pleasant & helpful. Especially Ian who was our barman and server on our first night

The breakfast was good.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was good. The menu choices were not up to expectations. Staying there on the 29th and may have dinner elsewhere. The room is laid out baldly from the point of electrical sockets. Plenty sockets just in the wrong places.

A relaxed/friendly environment to return to after very busy days.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing to dislike on this occasion.

Stayed 12 nights Location - easy access to busses/trains Room - double/twin - clean, comfy beds, crisp white sheets. Ample room space with adequate storage space. Small fridge very useful for long stays. Bathroom - good sized shower with sliding doors, ample hot water. Very clean. Towels provided/changed daily or as requested. Room service - Room cleaned every day unless you request otherwise. Staff - pleasant, welcoming and helpful. Would definitely return.

Good location for an overnight stay
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Temperature so high but the air cooling system either not working or insufficient for the raised temperature we had to resort to damping towels to lay over us

Location from the motorway excellent

Hot !!
    • Double or Twin Room

The surrounding area was a very compact retail park, and the very busy and crowded, car park was full. Most importantly, on the hottest night of the year the air conditioning was not working!!! We had no sleep, and despite the excellent staff offering free water and fans, it was just too hot to cope.

The staff and building were both great, and the room and facilities were excellent.

Amazing value. Fantastic room. Maybe some training of restaurant staff
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

At breakfast we were told to sit wherever we liked. After that there was no interaction or explanation from any staff member about how breakfast was set out or what to expect

The room and initial reception was amazing. Breakfast was great but would have expect more interaction/communication with waiting on staff

Clean, smart modern room with really comfortable beds.
    • Double or Twin Room

Clean, smart modern room with really comfortable beds. Great soundproofing - no noise disturbance whatsoever. Excellent breakfast with large selection of cooked options. Free parking on site and strong free wifi throughout the hotel.

Value for money
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Cooked breakfast a let down, rock hard fried rubbery eggs that could have been bounced off the floor and half cooked bacon totally anaemic and raw rind.

Fabulous comfy clean room and spacious

Good value for money, however very overpriced for mediocure breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Online booked breakfast - amounted to £15 and said this would be added onto my bill. When it came to being there I was told I had not booked and that breakfast would be £22 as I had chosen to pay on the day. Not very happy with having to then over pay for what was a quite poor selection of breakfast. Hot breakfast ok but cold (continental) did not include a lot of what was said on menu i.e. range of pasties (only 1 available) and other items not as described.

Room was good size and clean. Good location and very easy to find. Also close by bars and restaurants which was very useful. Good for the price.

Excellent hotel in an ideal location, especially for an electric car owner
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was really comfortable - I dont usually sleep well in a strange bed. Excellent rapid electric charger for my car Great view from top floor cafe

Stunning
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My only small complaint was the room was exceptionally hot, the air con was on but obviously not working as there were 3 fans in the room, however this just moved the hot air around

Everything else!

stressful, dirty and too expensive and I wasn't compensated for being moved to a smaller room
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No working air con No working phone Rubbish on the window ledge Broken shower door

No working air con in the first room. Got down graded to a smaller room. The phone didnt work in the second room, shower door didn't work properly. Rubbish left on the edge of the window. Was meant to be a realxing time as it was the night before my wedding and the night after. Just added to the stress I already.

Comfy enough in the room. And easy to navigate
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn't eat myself but sat with friends in the skylounge. It took 15mins to get a lemonade I ordered and everything to do with my friends food order went wrong, missing stuff, wrong stuff sent out, slow to change mistakes

The girl on the desk (I didn't get her name) very pretty well presented and great help.

Was ok for a place to stay for a night but very basic :/
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were ok but weren’t very modern, very basic. The information mobile was a good idea but ours didn’t work. Breakfast wasn’t the best and the cups for the juice were tiny. The area seemed a little rough, not much parking space for the hotel.

Strait off the motorway, easy to find.

The staff were helpful and the facilities comfortable
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

I felt that there was not enough parking around the hotel, I had to ask at reception where to park and they directed me across the road to facilities they have there, which when arriving in the evening in the dark was not easy to find. They did not have a gluten free option at breakfast apart from bread, despite me requesting it on my booking form

The room was comfortable, and you had a choice of different pillows,

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Had food in the ‘sky bar’ restaurant but we were not told there was a function so had to go on ground floor. Only 2 other people in the resteraunt but they never even had our booking. Brought my food out, chicken was uncooked and hair in my food. When I told the waitress instead of taking my plate she picked the food off my plate with her hands. I had to ask her to take the plate. Very shocking and disgusting hygiene.

Comfy bed

Great view from room.
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Sky bar and restaurant closed due to private party which was very disappointing as that was our main purpose for choosing hotel.

Great view from room.

It would have been nice to have known the Sky bar was closed before my stay.
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Sky Bar closed for a wedding sad. One more point great decor in the rooms let down by cheap toilet paper. It is a false economy it is my main gripe and easy to solve the problem. Thank you. I look forward to seeing if my recommendations are activated.

We came as it was close to a friends wedding reception .
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Blood on throw which was removed as soon as it was pointed out to staff. No replacement sent

Very helpful staff went above and beyond with taxi booking for us

I would not stay again
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Other guests being very loud at 5 am on the room next door discussing payment for extra services that were not provided by the hotel

BreakfastStaff in the morning were very poor unlike the night meal staff who were amazing

Relaxing

Very quite

The bed was very comfortable, only a couple of bad points. Fridge didn't work in the room, and no windows to open. Not enough, tea, coffee or sugar in the room, had to go to reception to get more, not what you really want to be doing.

Very average i was happy with the hotel not the room
    • Double or Twin Room

I received a disabled room , normally this would not be a problem but I had to have a shave and the sink was about 1 ft of the ground and I'm 6ft 2 making it almost impossible to complete this and the plug broke into the sink making me unable to empty it

Very clean room, good helpful staff

WE WERE TOLD THAT WE HAD TO WAIT FOR BREAKFAST AS THEY WAS...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

WE WERE TOLD THAT WE HAD TO WAIT FOR BREAKFAST AS THEY WAS NO TABLES BUT WE COULD TAKE IT AND EAT IN OUR ROOM. SO WE HAD TO CANCEL BREAKFAST AND FIND SOMEWERE ELSE TO EAT. WHICH WE FOUND TO BE VERY POOR SERVICE.

Room with a view.
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The sky bar was amazing. The room was perfect. Everything you could need. We were asked on arrival if we wanted a room on the lower or higher floors. We asked for one with a view and that's exactly what we got. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Plenty of choice for breakfast.

Liked the room and the location pity about breakfast
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was disappointing, All breakfast items were not all available at the same time. I had to ask for bowls and cups and when they came some were dirty.

The location was excellent

The housekeepers were banging at the door, for eventual...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The housekeepers were banging at the door, for eventual cleaning , before 10 am when the check out was booked for midday . Literally the staff woke me up in the morning

I would definately use this hotel again
    • Double or Twin Room

Very noisy aircon/heating in the room that made some really strange noises. Fridge didn't work in the room

Nice rooms, friendly staff at check in, good location

Very pleasant, clean and comfortable stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Couple of the white towels in the bathroom had stains on them. Room was quite cold although air conditioning temperature was on high. Another little pointer was there was only 2 sachets of coffee and tea in the room. no plug sockets by the mirrors to enable you to use hair dryer/straightners and the iron.

Room was very pleasant, nice and airy. Facilities were adequate. Bathroom and room itself was very clean. Receptionist was very friendly and welcoming.

I left my business shirt on the bed .
    • Double or Twin Room

I left my business shirt on the bed . Even though I called the hotel many times, they couldn't find my shirt and nobody was really interested in finding it or even trying to call me back.

OK if all you want is a bed for the night
    • Double or Twin Room

Small rooms. Woken up in the early hours by noise from the corridor. Potholes leading to carpark. Gloomy surroundings.

Convenient location for M6. Comfortable bed. Clean, modern bathroom.

Nice quiet hotel. Decent breakfast included.
    • Double or Twin Room

Given a room (510) - key didn’t work. Back to reception to reset key. Back to 510 - flings open door to find man inside eating pizza 😂😂. Back to reception to be told should be in room 501. 😂. Not too embarrassing.

Comfy bed. Warm room not too hot. Quiet. Easy to find.

The main benefit was the ease of location for ongoing travel & that everything was clean, if basic.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I ate dinner in the restaurant and it was absolutely dreadful. The chicken liver parfait was dark pink in colour and totally synthetic. The chicken tikka marsala comprised of dry, overcooked chicken in a tasteless cream & tomato sauce with no hint of spice. The glass of Malbec wine was of the level of lousy plonk.

Excellent value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was slightly too hot, couldn’t get temperature down enough to cool down as room was small. Hotel was very warm throughout.

Ideal for a stop over and just if the m6 so it’s east to get to. Great value and very clean and sky bar gives good views of the city below.

• Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bathroom smelt like someone had been smoking in the bathroom in room 708. Room 505 shower didn't work properly. Breakfast great but unfortunately the lad running the room looked like he had just got out of bed and looked an effort to even be at work

Staff was fantastic,room nice and clean, night staff willing...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Lift was very slow restaurant shut early for food. Still haven't had my deposit back for paying cash

Staff was fantastic,room nice and clean, night staff willing to go the extra mile

Holiday inn Cannock
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The car park is confusing as there are other business but more than enough spaces

Typical holiday inn hotel excellent service and everything isn’t too much trouble

For us meeting friends nearby great location just 3 min off...

Nothing all good

For us meeting friends nearby great location just 3 min off M6 motorway Used to be the Ramada but holiday inn have improved it a lot Great breakfast

Heating not working in the room.
    • Double or Twin Room

Heating not working in the room. A small heater was left in the room, this was also broken. Reception did send another one up. Room was freezing on what had been an exceptionally cold day. Mattress felt 'lumpy' and uncomfortable. Disappointing overnight stay.

nice modern hotel unfortunatley the facilities in the disabled room just did not work,
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll-in Shower

The kettle was to tall to unable it to go under the tap to fill it, had to use one of the plastic cups, the flush button on the toilet was much to hard, not very convenient for a disabled person to use

All of the staff were most helpful in particular Lewis the man on reception who was on duty between 4.00p.m. and 8.00p.m. on Saturday 10th February, as the heating in room 105 was not working, we explained to Lewis that my partner had recently had a lengthy stay in hospital following major surgery and needed to be warm, he provided us with electric fires and did his utmost to help us,

OK
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

When I arrived there was no where to park, after about 20 minutes I did find a tiny space for my large car, it was a struggle!!

nothing wrong with food, the view from the bar on 12 floor great

Great Pit Stop!
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been a bit richer and stayed open a bit longer (e.g. until 10am on weekdays). The whole 'toiletries fixed to the wall' thing always winds me up.

The hotel location is great and it doesn't disappoint in terms of room size and comfort. Breakfast was good. When I asked for a single-use razor for the bathroom, one was brought immediately and was of good quality.

A bit disappointing really.
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll-in Shower

Parking was something of an issue due to other businesses on the site having spaces marked up for their own private use. Safe not working in our room. Staff member came with key to unlock and hopefully fix. Key did not fit despite being marked as the one for our room. Master key could not be located? We took a disabled room as last one available with double bed, wash basin tap in bathroom very stiff to turn and water cycled hot and cold, impossible to achieve either one. Kettle would not fit under tap, had to fill with cup. Electric shower very poor, had to run about to get wet. Bar prices very high but guess that is only to be expected.

Room was warm and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Very good breakfast.

Was ok but could have been better
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Uncomfy bed and pillows .. bar man in sky bar telling us not to try the cocktails as they were rubbish .. nicer words than he used .. ripped duvet cover .. 2 pots of milk in the room .. smell in sixth floor entrance from the lift .. shower leaking .. shower hand rail loose .. shower basket rusty ..

Fridge in the room. Wifi ..

Wouldn't stay again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only two teabags each day. No air conditioning - given electric heater instead. Freezing cold in bar - no heating, other than two small, inadequate fan heaters. Although breakfast included, we had to pay and claim it back and every morning, the waitress didn't have us on her list, as the information hadn't been passed on to us. Parking inadequate. No soap in first floor toilet for three days.

disappointing
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

bathroom had no shower gel, the room had a handheld device and none of the staff new it existed or how it worked. T.v. is a little too small.

good location, parking and food was on point.

Enjoyable, but the pizza left a bad taste in our mouths!
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Paid £19.90 for 2 pizzas sent to the room and they were possibly the worst pizzas I’ve ever had! Rock hard and hardly edible! Left them both in the room, was starving but couldn’t eat them! Tasted like someone had just put tomato purée on a biscuit! One of the mushrooms on one of the pizzas was really bitter and tasted acrid!

Room was ace

Could have been so much better . Will not be returning!
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff on the whole seemed approachable and pleasant enough . However, they proved ineffective in resolving matters of discomfort that impacted on our whole party of four staying in two different rooms. The communiction around thiswas very poor both internally and to our party on.There were lights that stayed on all night long, an u npleasant odour in both the rooms which were also very cold and needed the use of additional portable heaters to make the temperature passable. .!

The breakfast was fine .

Comfortable room lovely staff for a very good price
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing it was all great

The staff nothing too much trouble changed our room immediately as the air conditioning wasn’t working. Then went and found a few bits I had left behind the next day brought them to me at breakfast.

lovely hotel, just had a poor experience on this occasion
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

the lighting in the room wouldnt turn off, had to move rooms half was through the night, disrupted our stay and our nights sleep, next day we were exhausted and were not offered any apology gesture.

staff were helpful in resolving issue eventually

Rooms as described, good price, good breakfast, polite staff!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived in at 3.00am Saturday morning and was glad the breakfast finished at 10.30am on Sat, meaning we could have a lie in! Also a later check out time than most hotels 12.00pm.

The bed was lovely and comfy, also loved the fridge in the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Half of the shower screen was missing but other than that no qualms

The bed was lovely and comfy, also loved the fridge in the room (nice touch) and the power of the shower. I booked the 2 night stay to celebrate my birthday but unfortunately was bed bound with tonsillitis during my first night. I couldn’t think of anywhere I’d rather be stuck in bed though, with such comfy mattress toppers and a fridge to keep my drinks cool throughout my stay. Gutted about my birthday being ruined but it was 2 nights that helped rest me, stress free

Enjoyable and comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking is horrendous if arriving during the evening as it serves many other facilities adjacent to the hotel.

The room had everything required and necessary for my overnight stay. Although I didn't need to use it, there was a travel buddy guests can use during their stay, when they're out and about. Reception staff on arrival and departure very pleasant and helpful.

Inadequate
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Reception staff ignored us talking amongst self then no smile sorry for waiting and quite blunt. Air con heating in room 704 not working room cold Plug in heater worked . No food provided due to there being a function on so had to leave hotel to find food on new years eve when places are full .

Clean room Nice breakfast

Will never stay again. Will advise people not to do so. All because of awedul customer service
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Rude staff. No one was On the front desk at night. Guy finally came once a customer came from the bar and she had to go grab him so that I could be checked in. And he looked drunk. Incredibly rude, arrogant service from him. Morning staff were no better.

Excellent for an overnight stay
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Only one lift to serve 12 floors. Insufficient parking for the hotel - thankfully, it wasn't full.

Great price, clean, comfortable and warm. Excellent shower.

Great stay. And excellent staff, so helpful to make your stay comfortable
    • Double Bed with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Honestly there isn't anything I didn't like.

I found the staff going the extra mile for making my stay so comfortable. Staff were very helpful and polite. And room was great. And very peaceful stay. And it's great that room service was available, So u don't have to worry about leaving the room for a bite to eat. Best hotel that iv stayed at this year. And I stay at varies hotels a month for business and leasiure.

Nightmare
    • Double or Twin Room

Horrible stay felt like a nightmare. I have been told that a manager is to call me back to discuss my stay still awaiting contact so I’m to result in this review Took atleast half an hour to get in the hotel room from arrival - several keycards would not work to our room... finally we was let in by a manager who said we would have to contact him if we was to leave the room for drinks! No heating in the room! There was 0 heating in the room by this time we just wanted to sleep. After complaining in the morning we was told ‘We would have brought a heate up’ FREEZING Woken up at 9AM in the morning by a fire alarm. Left the hotel mmediately Nightmare

The negatives out way the positives by a bunch.

It was OK and only used for the location near to my meeting.
    • Double or Twin Room

In my room, the heating was not working correctly plus I had to leave the sink full of water as the plug had jammed and I could not move it. I was kindly given another room straight away by the receptionist. Unfortunately, my second room had the same heating issue. Firstly, I thought it was me not using the control panel correctly as the heating was constantly switching off after a couple of minutes before reaching the temperature setting. It was freezing night and it was not the most comfortable sleep I've had. I was told that they had many complaints from guests regarding the heating. Apparently, they can control the heating from a "back panel" in reception but clearly, this was not working. The best part was the hot shower in the morning.

The staff were very pleasant and professional.

Pleasant and easy
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll-in Shower

Was satisfied with the stay, providing you are comfortable with staying in a respectable cheaper hotel.

This Holiday Inn is great for what it is. £45 for the night on a Sunday as I had to be with Finning (CAT dealer) the next day which is just up the road. Everything was clean and as you would expect and the view was great from the top of the tower. Think it's good they offer you a room closer to the ground floor if heights aren't your thing, but i loved being up high! Parking was great.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The heating was not working and called concierge. Was told they would increase the heating from the concierge. Called twice with no effect. Bed sheets were dirty, as well as the duvet. Had muddy foot print. TV did not work. Bathroom extractor roared like a Boeing motor on take-off.

Overall a comfortable stay, staff were friendly and pleasant although a bit lacking in initiative.
    • Double or Twin Room

Disappointed with breakfast for early start on Monday morning, things weren't ready. Shower floor was dangerously slippy and shower flow was poor.

Bed was very comfy, food was good.