Reviews of Holiday Inn Bristol Airport 3 stars

A38 Bridgwater Road, Wrington, Redhill, BS40 5RB, United Kingdom

#12 of 13 hotels in Redhill

Excellent stay.
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Receptionist. Room was comfortable.

The Receptionist at the time of checking went out of her way to be helpful, suggesting local activities, that we could visit. She had such kind and warm attitude, a very good sense of humour had us laughing after a 2 hour drive from Birmingham to Bristol. Would definitely visit again and recommend this hotel. The room was very comfortable and had a pleasant sleep did not hear any movement from the rooms above or below until well after 10.00am.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

A good place to relax near to the airport.
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Nothing really for the cost and nature of the hotel. The weather was very bad and there was little to do at the hotel, but that was inevitable.

Food all good, evening meals and breakfasts. Very helpful staff at Reception. Shuttle bus to and from the airport excellent.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

over priced,ripped off which way you went,car parking,tip added to bill with asking

no payment for car park,no service charge to added to bill without asking first

room was far too hot,dispite fan no fresh air,window could not be open..Had to pay to park overnight a big rip off tip was added to bill,without being ask,we could have got t removed,but far too tired to mess about,another rip off system

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Friendly staff, hope they saty after we leave the EU! Very comfortable room and nice breakfast.
    • Room allocated on arrival

Nothing much if I am being picky then the TV only had 1 channel working but this didn't affect us much. I reported it and was told that if I had reported it from my room a maintenance person would have come and fixed it immediately. Not particularly applying to this hotel only but I wish hotels had rooms with a choice of bath or shower, I don't like climbing in and out of the bath anymore at my age.

We arrived at 4am after a delayed flight from Crete and received a warm welcome from the reception staff she also suggested that if we wanted she could extend our stay toallow us to sleep later in the morning. Breakfast, although we had it towards the end of the sitting was fresh and very nice with plenty of good qaulity choices. Obviously unable to comment on evening choices.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Convenient for airport.
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

The restaurant was a bit basic. As we hadn't book the manager told us they were very busy and they would just bring our food when they could. In fact it was only half full the whole evening.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Everything else was spot on.
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Gestapo parking company... Hotel food was so good went back for lunch after holiday.. Nasty little parking company couldn't wait to fine us £100 for parking for one hour for lunch.. Disgusting little non descripts!!!!!

Everything else was spot on...

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Convenient for Airport but don't think we'd use again.

The room was tired and carpet was stained and dirty looking. The bed linen itself was clean but the coloured strip of fabric over the end of the bed was well passed it's sell by date! The shower was old and outdated being one that was over the bath, controlled from the bath taps. The place just felt like it was overdue for a refurb.

Staff were friendly particularly at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

My flight was delayed so I arrived at the hotel at...
    • Room allocated on arrival

My flight was delayed so I arrived at the hotel at approximately 3am. There was no one on reception and I had no way of finding anyone. Eventually I think it was one of the cleaners came and went to find someone for me. Not sure how long I waited for in the end, but although I appreciate it is late at night, you do state 24hr check in, it is a shame that at that time of night, when you are very tired that you then have to wait even longer to get to your room.

My stay was average and I had expected more from the Holiday Inn.
    • Room allocated on arrival

The food on offer was good but choice very limited, not a good menu. The room and bath were really small and bathroom especially cramped

Location close to the airport was good. The reception staff were helpful and accommodating. The shuttle driver was excellent, courteous and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Would recommend to others and use it myself again if I need to come over on another occassion
    • Room allocated on arrival

Everything was excellent, clean and staff very friendly and helpful. Also don 't know what the chef did to the scrambled egg but it was delicious!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Room perfect, breakfast great. Water fountain cleanliness needs work
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

The stench coming from the water fountains when we left the hotel at 4:30am; both my partner and I were heaving - not ideal after having just eaten breakfast and ahead of a 4 hour flight

I liked the proximity to the airport and the fact that breakfast was available from 4am

Great!

Contintental breakfast from 4.00am - brilliant value if you have an early flight. Really lovely kind girl in reception who genuinely sympathised with me after Ryanair cancelled my flight.

Efficient and pleasant staff.

Clean and comfortable. Would be better if it was still possible to park at the hotel for the duration of a trip abroad. The restaurant is good—better, I think, than on previous visits.

ok but only stayed one night before airport transfer which was arranged efficiently

not much space in the room to unpack dress etc large area taken up by wardrobes.could not operate tv.bathroom-sink did not drain blockage apparent.reported to staff on leaving.one pass key given should have been given two .late arrival precluded sorting out problems.

facilities /food good

reception staff got electricity back by the time we had breakfast.

We had an early start because of flight times. When we woke we both said how hot we were , then we realised that we didn't have any electricity so the air conditioning hadn't been working. Couldn't have a shower too dark.

The room was really quiet, and the bed very comfortable

very pleasantly surprised
    • Room allocated on arrival

The good help yourself breakfast and the evening meal was very good even when the restaurant was very busy. The staff were always very friendly and helpful, the rooms were kept clean and the bed was comfortable.

Good location, clean and tidy

Staff had no idea what they were doing, especially early morning checkout, when asked about the airport shuttle they also had no idea so we ended up booking silver line parking

Good location, clean and tidy

Ideal location for airport .

No hairdryer in the room !!! We reported it as soon as we were aware . The receptionist did his best to locate one for us , I think he could see the panic in my teenage daughter's eyes . Sadly no spare hairdryer . We were offered a different room but we had unpacked and got comfy .

The staff are friendly and very helpful . The rooms are clean and well presented . The bar prices were reasonable £4.95 for a pint , £1.95 for soft drinks , so comparable .The bar offered a good selection of meal options from light bites to burgers . The evening menu was varied and was a fair price . The meals were cooked well and were a good size .

Good arrival, comfy bet, good food.

No RAW Milk at Breakfast and your Butter was way too hard - having to wait till we could spread it!

Firstly, we met pleasant staff when arriving, good communicating skills with those we encountered at Breakfast and evening meal time. Food was ok at Breakfast, not up to our Scandinavian Style 'Frucost' Evening food was a god choice!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Break
    • Room allocated on arrival

Window in room sealed shut.. bleak curtains . No soap or bottled water. Beware costs £5 a night to park bar very expensive.

There was a bath which was a bonus.

Good location.
    • Room allocated on arrival

As an overnight guest I was a little frustrated that I had to pay further charges for parking my car overnight. Considering I meet work colleagues at this venue, not as a guest but as a visitor and don't have to pay seems rather odd. The cost of the overnight stay and breakfast was on the pricey side considering it is literally just that.

Good location. Clean and tidy hotel. Polite staff

Disappointed with the atmosphere, has gone downhill over the past 3 years
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Barman was surly, no please or thankyou not the sort of person to be working in the hospitality business. Probably wont go there again. Reception staff very good.

Very good service, room and worth it even though we only slept for about 4 hours due to flight time
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn't look out the window as we got there at 2000 and left the hotel at 0300, so didn't walk anywhere. All very pleasant experience

8 hours was long enough
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Carpet in room very stained, intermittent fire alarm sounded around midnight with no satisfactory explanation by staff, impossible to control leakage from shower

shuttle was prompt and drivers very helpful

Excellent location for Bristol Airport.
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Found restaurant cold and food very pricey although meals were very good.

Excellent location for Bristol Airport. Perfect for an early flight. Room Very clean and comfortable. Staff lovely, polite and helpful. Lovely food in restaurant. Would def stay again and recommend.

I wouldn’t go back!!!!!

It is clear this hotel is neglected, however, the service delivery from staff at this hotel represents neglect to the highest degree. This could be a good hotel if it was managed correctly.

There were issues with this hotel from arrival to departure.

Very disappointing. Sound proofing non existent had a very disturbed sleepless night.
    • Double Bed - Wheelchair access

Allocated a disabled suite. Appalling design faults. Bed too large unable to place wheelchair either side. Kettle high up in a corner. Bathroom floor slippery and shower flooded the entire bathroom

the cleanliness

👎

was Asked if we would like our drinks and meal booked to room but not told there would be a charge of 5.00. And having to pay 5.00 parking when spending 97.00 for the night and 71.95 for meal drinks and the surcharge. The bar staff were not helpful and didn’t know what a pimms was even though on menu. Will not stay again.

A pleasant break (again) at this convenient hotel.

The fact that the bathroom maintenance issues hadn't been spotted before we reported them. However we were pleased with the response after reporting the problems. See above.

The hotel was clean and comfortable as it has been on previous visits. The staff were friendly and helpful. There were a couple of maintenance issues with our bathroom, but these were dealt with promptly and efficiently after we mentioned them.

A bit of a rip-off.
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Parking charges (£5 a night) seemed a rip off as hotel was in the middle of nowhere. Also very few local taxis made getting back to the hotel difficult. Extra charges for not pre-booking breakfast the night before. Gym had three machines and a TV, but one machine and TV not working.

Nice room and comfy bed

Ok
    • Room allocated on arrival

Wet room not good for a shower, tiles too slippery and not enough grab handles. A waik in shower would be better and a non slip floor!

Staff were excellent

Would not stay there again.
    • Double Bed - Wheelchair access

Mattress was very soft. Guests arriving at during the night were extremely noisy and we were woken both nights. there were no notices anywhere to ask guests to be quiet as there are in other hotels. we had to pay for carparking although we were staying there for 2 nights. We paid for breakfast at check in but it had not been relayed to restaurant.

Nice hot water.

Overall my stay here was good

Having to pay for shuttle bus. It is advertised as an airport hotel and I feel the shuttle bus should be free.

The room was very clean, bright and comfortable

The reception staff were helpful and accommodated an early...
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very noises due to the doors slamming. The shower curtain was dirty along with the carpet.

The reception staff were helpful and accommodated an early check in.

Stayed here to catch a flight, staff were fantastic in...
    • Room allocated on arrival

It was perfectly adequate for what we wanted. I could be pedantic and find something to complain about but there is no need really.

Stayed here to catch a flight, staff were fantastic in helping me sort out getting my car to silverzone and getting myself back to the hotel. Checking out was fast and we had a shuttle to take us to the airport. We didn't experience much else but the room was quiet, which you don't always expect from an Airport-adjacent hotel.

Welcoming, clean and lovely breakfast!

The grab rail above the bath needed some attention

The friendliness of the staff and their efficiency! They also went above and beyond and put my phone on charge at reception after I had checked out!

Aprt from the above comments we enjoyed our stay
    • Room allocated on arrival

The room that was allocated to us was for a disabled person although my wife and I are both in our sixtys we are not disabled the bath room and shower was not to our liking plus there was a door that was locked I think it was to adjoining room which worried my wife abit, in case it could have been opened from that room. One comment further I would like to add if I had been disabled the facilities for making tea/coffee was on a very high shelf with a chair in front of it.

Enjoyable breakfast meal was nice and hot plus generous choices

Generally happy, given the poor snow conditions in the car park & limited parking spaces.

Took a while for out second room to be ready for our daughter who is 33 yeas old. It would have been more economic to have had a room for 3 adults.

Just good service during the time of the heavy snow, with limited staff.

Disgruntled of Wiltshire
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

On arrival all the disabled slots were taken by taxis, reception lost our booking for ten minutes and then charged us £10 to park overnight even though there was nowhere else to park.

It was ok. Pillows were excellent.

Close to Bristol Airport

The price of one night stay was extortionate and breakfast was extra! They were taking advantage of people being stranded due to heavy snow in the area and flights being cancelled. The milk of human kindness had well and truly dried up.

Close to Bristol Airport

Stressful stay but the staff did their best
    • Room allocated on arrival

Obviously I understand that conditions were a bit exceptional but there were a few things. I would normally never have needed to use the room telephone but in this case it would have been beneficial to make calls. However nobody could get it to work and it wouldn't dial out of the hotel at all, even after replacing the handset. This should be checked regularly to ensure that it is there for guests to use. I also had a problem with the shower leaking, luckily maintenance were able to fix it but again it seemed like this hadn't been checked in a while. The restaurant staff were lovely but they were very new and seemed totally overwhelmed when serving guests (it was much more crowded because of the snow situation). Staff really should carry notepads with them to write stuff down as some things had to be chased up.

I was staying here in the middle of all the adverse weather conditions that we had and unfortunately suffered greatly from my flight being cancelled and finally being unable to go away. The staff here were working around the clock (literally getting no sleep) trying to accommodate customers and look after them, and for that they all really should deserve some extra time off themselves! Special mention in particular goes to Karen who tirelessly worked the reception desk and helped me out with several queries, and to Boga (I believe this was her name) who was doubling up as a receptionist and a cleaner due to other colleagues presumably being stranded! The location is very good (in normal circumstances obviously) and the shuttle bus drivers more than worked hard too ensuring travel between the hotel and the airport. Thanks also to the assistant manager for letting me use their computer and for providing invoices in order to file complaints with my airline. I would stay here again for convenience purposes on the grounds of how well the staff pulled together in this crisis.

Hotel not again
    • Room allocated on arrival

Lounge area freezing cold, had to sit with Coates on to have a drink. No mugs or cerial bowls available for breakfast. Very little hot food for breakfast.

Location to airport

O.K. but not great value for money
    • Double Bed - Wheelchair access

Having to pay for parking- you have to have a car to get there so surely this should be in the room rate, Room was far too hot and took some time to cool down. . Bathroom was designed for persons with special needs making it less user friendly and frankly rather dangerous to those without such needs. The strange shower in particular was not what we wanted to have to struggle with. Food in restaurant was adequate in quality but overpriced for what it was. Not happy with automatic 10% service charge on bill given that the staff were clearly angling for a tip as well.

Convenience for Bristol Airport

Disappointing terrible nights sleep
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Poor soundproofing. Loud doors slamming Bed with horrendous old spring mattress digging into you Tv signal terrible and pixelated Bathroom stained and run down

Handy for airport

Brrrrrr!

Unfortunately the heating in our room didn't work on one of the coldest nights in the year. The staff quickly gave us a heater but I would have asked to have a new room had my young son not been fast asleep. Otherwise room was okay.

Convenient for airport.

Average at best
    • Room allocated on arrival

Paying extra for parking. Long wait for food. Offered complementary drinks off the bill but these were not taken off. Hard, uncomfortable mattress meant a poor night’s sleep.

Location of the hotel.

Rather disappointing.
    • Room allocated on arrival

The choice of food was very limited - no vegetarian: no fish: no gluten free.What we had was of poor quality. Pillows in the room were hard & uncomfortable. Bed mattress had seen better days.

Convenience to airport.

Over night stay
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

If you are staying here for easy access to the airport fine if not don't the taxi fares to get any where are a rip off

The receptionist Maria was amazing, the room was clean, tidy and comfortable.

Disappointing stay

The window sill was covered in dead flies along with some that were alive walking on the carpet below the window. I immediately reported it to reception, was not offered a change of room but told that someone would see to it. Quite some hours went by before a room attendant arrived to deal with it!

The fact it is close to Bristol airport.

Unexpected extra costs and 2 unheated rooms.
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

after pre booking 3 rooms with booking .com, on arrival only to find that 1 room had been booked. They did manage to find two other rooms but, these were very cold no heating. The other dislike was to find that we had to pay £5.00 per car for parking over night, that was unexpected!

The food and staff were very good.

Every time we have stayed in the hotel during the winter...
    • Room allocated on arrival

Every time we have stayed in the hotel during the winter main reception areas have been very cold. The heating in the bedroom was also non existent. Don’t think we will be staying again.

Hotel was fine staff helpful but shuttle bus service a disgrace.
    • Room allocated on arrival

We were told the shuttle bus was full early (6.30) in the morning we departed. This is dreadful for a hotel that offers a complementary service to the airport. We had to pay £10 for a taxi that the hotel would not refund.

Convenient for airport
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Lack of coffee and milk in the room Heating did not work blew out cold air instead of warm was cold all night Unhappy at having to pay for the parking which wasn’t mentioned until we were leaving and haven’t had to pay before when we have stayed

Comfort of the bed, quiet,

Average but convenient for late arrivals at airport
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Bed was extremely uncomfortable as mattress past its sell by date, saggy in the middle. Bedroom carpet very marked with stains. Bedroom could do with less furniture in as rather cramped. In need of an overhall.

Ease of check in and closeness to the airport

Airport parking with shuttle to and from airport for extra.

Had to ask at reception for them to get staff so we could order food and drink at the bar as was no one around

Airport parking with shuttle to and from airport for extra. Twin room good size all you need for a one night stay there in the room

Staff were very helpful and friendly and I thoroughly enjoy...
    • Room allocated on arrival

Poor phone reception in the hotel and lack of transport to the airport or nearby attractions - good parking facilities if travelling by car.

Staff were very helpful and friendly and I thoroughly enjoy my evening meal. Quiet location and 10 minutes walk from a farm shop to buy local produce.

Excellent hotel when flying from Stansted
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

- Coffee was not great, bitter and not freshly made

- Not far from airport - Can park for longer time if flying - would be great deal for parking - Clean, light, welcoming - Staff super friendly and welcoming

Shuttle bus offered by hotel was excellent to get to and...

Bathrooms need some updating

Shuttle bus offered by hotel was excellent to get to and from the airport. Bed was extremely comfortable and had option of hard or soft pillows

Excellent.
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

We didn't like having to pay for parking at the hotel.

The room was excellent with everything we needed. The water was hot and plentiful. The staff were friendly and helpful. Wifi connection was good. We didn't use the restaurant.

Comfortable, but more expensive than usually at airport hotels.
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

It was about 4miles from the airport. They charged extra for the parking and for the transport to the airport. We have always had those expenses covered by the accommodation charge before.

The accommodation was comfortable.

First time I have used holiday inn rather than premier inn. We will remain with premier inn

The fact you charge me for parking even when I had already paid for my two rooms, also that you charged £10 a day for my car when I left my car there for three days and you charged for the shuttle for me my partner, my son of 21 but the thing that did annoy me you charged full price there and back for a 2 year old.

Good hotel near the airport
    • Room allocated on arrival

Being charged for car parking when the hotel is in the countryside and there is no other parking available Scandalous.. It might only be £5 but it leaves a bat taste even when everything else is great.

Comfortable hotel near Bristol airport. restaurant open until 10 which is great when you fly in late. Staff nice and friendly and room comfortable.

Convenient, comfortable budget hotel with friendly assistance all round!
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Convenient, clean and friendly hotel, offering shuttle service every half hour to the airport. Everything needed for a comfortable rest before catching early morning departure at the airport!

Avoid until they refurb but ok for an airport hotel
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

Quite depressing decor, expensive for what you get, uncomfortable beds (like sleeping on a large wooden shelf), parking is extra.

Good location. Friendly staff.

Definitely worth to be recommended!

What a shame hotel is in the middle of nowhere and it has no swimming pool.

I was surprised and pleased with the very good coffee at the Breakfast. Mini Gym is also cool!

4.5
    Only reason used as near airport, must be places nearer. wouldn’t use again,
    • Room allocated on arrival

Bed to hard had backache, duvet was same size as bed so no overlap, room was for disabled, we are not, bathroom tired, cracked tiles on floor and sink black under rim, car park full and had to park on aisle, 5.00 to pay for not even a parking bay.

Convenient for airport
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Misleading email from Booking.com received the next day, implying I qualified for a £20 reward following the stay. It didn't arrive. I called them to discuss and I didn't qualify for that - only for a friends' discount of £15 (and £15 for myself) NEXT time I book through Booking.com using the link in the email. Frustrating and time wasting to sort out.

Convenient for early departure from Bristol Airport

Bathroom was very clean, with large soft towels.
    • Room allocated on arrival

Flies in the bedroom (several dead ones already and multiple flying around that I had to swat.) Intermittent wifi and unhelpful check in staff (although all the other staff members were lovely)

Bathroom was very clean, with large soft towels. Breakfast was also good.

Only use for airport

Lots of flies in room,and lots dead in the windows.place lacks atmosphere.no pavements outside on the road so once your there you can't walk anywhere!

Comfy bed,close to airport

Disappointed
    • Double Bed - Wheelchair access

Our bathroom stank of sewage (couldn’t shower as that made it worse) the bed linen had a very damp & stale smell to it. Still waiting for a manager call back after 30hrs.

It was close to the airport

Horrible would not let anyone say there
    • Room allocated on arrival

I was over charged for the room!, the food was not cooked properly the hotel staff was really rude! In the middle of no where! Prices was shocking! Would not recommend this for anyone

4.0
    Late arrival, cold and wet with a longish drive from the airport to the hotel. Closer hotels availab

Parking fee when this hotel is in open country. I felt disgruntled because I felt it should have been provided as part of the facilities of the hotel. What next, a charge for using the front door ?

Overall a nice experience and a comfortable, clean hotel to stay.
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

The self-service tea and coffee in the restaurant in the morning. The small area became very untidy very quickly with used tea-bags and sugar spilt. The person on duty completely ignored this area which was a shame as the rest of the restaurant was very clean.

A very comfortable room which was spotlessly clean (as was the bathroom). The meal in the restaurant was very good and all the staff very helpful.

An awful experience
    • Double Bed - Wheelchair access

Worst bathroom ever - truly dreadful smell in bathroom making it necessary to hold towel over nose, a bad and longstanding crack in basin, an inadequate and old shower curtain and a soap dispenser which did not work. Hotel best avoided. Hotel charges £5 to park car overnight.

Location was satisfactory

Generally a comfortable stay in a feel good hotel.
    • One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

I had continental breakfast, have had better selection at Premiere Inn restaurants The lever operated plug in the wash basin did not function properly.

Quality furniture, pictures, general appearance of the room Having an area by the bar where I could discuss business with the company MD