Reviews of Holiday Inn Bristol Filton 4 stars

Filton Road, Bristol, BS16 1QX, United Kingdom

#29 of 48 hotels in Bristol

Convenient stay

Needs a bit of remodeling, decor and furniture a bit tired.

Simple room but clean and functional. Pal and Ben at reception were very nice and made everything easy for us.

The beds were very comfortable and the swimming pool was...

The hairdryer provided wasn’t very good at drying my hair took a while.

The beds were very comfortable and the swimming pool was very nice. Lovely looking hotel just a shame about it not being closer to the city centre.

restful
    • Double or Twin Room

Booked twin room and, although stated may not be possible at the time, I was disappointed when I was given a double, as my heavily pregnant daughter was joining me for one of the three nights. When I expressed this, the staff were exceptional and moved me to a family room so that she could still sleep comfortably. The kitchen provided soya milk, gluten free bread (and breakfast menu) and vegetarian sausages.

Lovely hotel, great staff and spa

My first time in Bristol and I didn't realise how far from the city the hotel was. Was no problem I just booked a £10 uber which was easy enough and only took 15 minutes.

Pool and gym facilities were great. All the staff were friendly and helpful and nice to leave the car and not worry about it for the weekend. The hotel was clean and our room overlooked a quiet garden with a waterfall. Our room was large and had everything we needed for our stay. Overall a good experience for our first time in Bristol.

loved the location surrounded by mature trees, good facilities. Would recommend.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bread for toasting/ sandwiches was bland & not wholesome. The portion side of the fish ratatouille for evening meal was a bit on the small size for £14. Staff in the evening were struggling to cope with the demand for evening meals. This was at @7.30. We didn’t get our food until around 820-8.30. The breakfast, although good, could have been hotter. I had to sleep with the window partly open due to the need for fresh air. Unfortunately my husband was woken by loud repetitive banging noises from outside at 4 am and could not get back to sleep. This might have been beyond your control.

Spacious, clean, good standard of amenities, in lovely setting with mature trees. Loved the pool which was an added bonus. Also got a packed breakfast due to an early departure. Enjoyed the cooked breakfast. Enjoyed having the free i paper. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Last minute stay over

The room was clean, but it was a little tired and a little cramped, not much room around the furniture. the bed moved alot, so if my husband moved in bed whilst asleep I had no choice to.

The staff were very friendly. We got a warm welcome when we arrived and at breakfast the staff were so friendly and attentive. Chris was especially polite and attentive.

Quality Great.... Location Poor

Although the TAXI company is NOT OWNED by IHG to whom the Hotel prioritises with a direct telephone link on reception. It is connected. On booking it indicates that the hotel is only a few miles from Bristol so I estimated cost of a taxi at around £15 each way... I use London Black Cabs!!!! However charged both ways £25 in all it cost 5 of us £75 just to pop into Bristol....! There is nothing anywhere near the Holiday Inn great if I was with my children BUT work colleagues just TOO expensive!!

Having experienced many IHG hotels you get a consistent standard a good standard of service..

We had a thoroughly enjoyable short stay, and certainly will be returning.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was nothing to dislike

The Hotel provided excellent facilities. The room (we requested a quiet one) was perfect. The food was excellent, and breakfast was outstanding. The large car park with free parking for Hotel Guests was an added bonus. The Staff went beyond the call of duty to ensure we had a very enjoyable stay.

Value for money, great location for visiting Bristol.

Everything was great

Room was great with air con in this heatwave, also the mini fridge! sofa bed wasn’t made up but a quick call & was sorted straightaway. Location great for Bristol. Pool was nice to have & clean & towels provided. Breakfast was plenty & lots of choice. Will definitely be staying again!!!

Dr
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Only one way in from motor way .if you went out of the hotel and come back in the main entrance you simply had to drive back to the motor way round about to back back to get the entrance from the left .you can not turn right because of deul carriageway stopping turning into the entrance of the hotel

Good felt negatives noted by v good staff & being acted on by Operations manager Ben

Disabled bathroom huge, newly done but poor spoke to v helpful deputy manager Ben about individual points. V poor lighting in bedroom. Huge room but NO suitcase space to put on & unpack vital if more disabled than me.

Staff professional, helpful & friendly. Food good except for "forest fruits" at breakfast were in thick sugary base, yuk!

Beds were comfy and staff were very pleasant
    • Double or Twin Room

The kettle took forever to boil, I had to let the water heat up over night to have my tea the next morning. But overall it was a nice stay :)

Beds were comfy and staff were very pleasant

Both of us enjoyed our stay at the "Inn" and would pay a return visit.

My only com p paint was the fact that I had to walk a bit further to our room than was comfortable f or me that weekend.

Facilities were as good as we expected as was the lovely breakfast.

perfect for what we needed
    • Double or Twin Room

long walk to the room with just a ' its down there' as a form of guidance ...sadly we arrived at 9.20 and restaurant closed at 9.30

convenient location, friendly staff , good room service

Am enjoyable experience. I recommend this hotel.

No dislikes.

The hotel room had lots of space, complimentary bottled water in fridge and a lovely view. Bar food was good. All in all a lovely place to stay,

Decent hotel, botched booking
    • Double or Twin Room

Although I booked multiple double/twin rooms on booking.com, I rang up the hotel directly months in advance to specify that we would need twin rooms, which they said was fine and that they would change the booking to be specifically twin rooms rather than the flexible ones. I also rang up a week beforehand to check that we had five twin rooms booked, which they confirmed, however we turned up on the day to find that they had switched these to doubles so that they could squeeze in some last minute tour bookings. After a lot of arguing we managed to agree one extra room so that we could at least not have complete strangers sharing a bed, and the hotel gave us a bottle of wine in each room as an apology (although the wine may have gone better on chips with some salt). However it was not a great start to the weekend, and it was a shame that months of organisation for an event was undone by the hotel trying to squeeze in a couple of extra bookings. I've worked in hotels and I don't like complaining for the sake of it, but it really felt like they were seeing what they could get away with rather than admitting they'd made a mistake.

The lake and fountain at the back of the hotel are lovely.

Nice stay for business trip

The room wasn't quite as nice as other Holiday Inn's that I've stayed at in the same area. I was upgraded to an executive room but this still wasn't as high a standard as some basic rooms at other hotels. It didn't have a hairdryer and the room wasn't bright!

The reception staff were friendly and welcoming, and the bar was nice. The room I had was quiet and had a nice enough view. Breakfast was nice, and again staff friendly and helpful. Facilities were good too.

I had a lovely home thank you

I have nothing to say.

It was just what we need after going in to the city center in the day but being away from at night. We had the windows open and we could not hear the M4

Very enjoyable ,but I would hire out a car next time cause I spent a good few pounds on taxi fares .
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Probably a wee games room for the kids...

The view of some nice country side,and I must say the staff were extremely helpful they couldn't do enough for us,I would like to say a big thank you to them all..

Very clean and comfortable, good location, very helpful and...

I didn’t like the sauna, I found very awkward that there’s no mixed sauna.

Very clean and comfortable, good location, very helpful and friendly staff, and very good breakfast..

Very clean, nice rooms, very pleasant helpful staff.

Cost of breakfast - £16.95 each. As it is not close to anywhere else they think you will pay that amount - which we didn't!

Very clean, nice rooms, very pleasant helpful staff.

Terrible.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The location was nothing like as explained so I wondered round. The address was wrong. The staff were so unfriendly and unaccommodating. the facilities were unsafe and run down with wires everywhere. The value for money is not worth it. would not recommend.

Very disappointing.

Would definitely stay again as both problems promptly resolved!
    • Executive Room

Had to ask for toilet to be cleaned on arrival, room was cold as we arrived during a cold spell; heater brought to room on request!!

Nice room, overlooking the lake and fountain!

Rooms were comfortable, check in/out quick.

Food wasn't the best. Breakfast scrambled eggs had no seasoning so we're bland. Sausages tasted pasty as though they had a lot of bread crumb in them. Rest of breakfast 👍. Evening meal was nice but sparce especially when you've had a busy day and not much to eat. We had the 2 meals to 39.99 with wine, but got charged for the wine and a service charge, which I don't agree with as I prefer to give the staff a cash too (which I did). Tips and service charges should be discretionary.

Rooms were comfortable, check in/out quick. Staff polite.

Excellent service, from reception, front of house staff, housekeeping staff and chefs
    • Double or Twin Room

The outdoor sitting area was a bit bare and uninviting

I was so impressed with all staff at the hotel very professional, friendly, and knowledgeable about any questions I asked especially given how busy the hotel was on our first evening well done to everyone

Bed was comfy.
    • Double or Twin Room

On arrival (midnight), two dinner trays were in hallway. When we return next day at 6pm trays were still there. Smelt the entire hallway.

Bed was comfy. Second night in restaurant better service than first night.

Adequate
    • Double or Twin Room

Sink in bathroom cracked (room344) Ladies w.c.s on the bar not clean One completely blocked and overflowing.I did report it to Also it took ages to convert our room from double to twin although I’d booked twin.

Good choice in breakfast buffet

Convenient location & comfortable - be careful of the Hotel's added illicit billing!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Business practice: poor dinner - unacceptable nowadays Invoices: they got our restaurant bill wrong and included a service charge on both bar and restaurant bill which we got corrected quickly. We reward staff direct - this practice of adding service to a bill is totally unacceptable as it goes to the Company(Hotel) not directly to those staff who provided the service on behalf of the Hotel!!! Room: Toilet had a v poor flush; bathroom sink did not hold water in the basin. TV remote worked but didn't connect to the TV i.e couldn't change channels remotely! It's all about the detail and these things should have been correct before trying to extract, illicitly, more money from unsuspecting guests ! Summary: Could try harder before charging more!

Room was large and airy - pool was warm and a decent size to enjoy it. Reception welcoming and efficient. Most of the few staff about were good and friendly. Powerful shower. Welcome addition of tea and coffee facilites plus small items in the fridge. Air con worked well and was quiet.

Great stay very clean and very comfy bed

There was nothing I didn’t like I would stay here again if I was in Bristol

The hotel was great the staff were very friendly and helpful the room was spotless and nice an cozy the bed was comfy and the facilities were great

I enjoyed my stay, I would love to come again,if it was a little cheaper.

The bed was rather short for my partner, and my friend, who were both hanging out the end of them. The breakfast had an excellent variety, although, what I had for breakfast made me very ill and in a lot of pain. Think it was the eggs, as that was the only thing I ate that my partner did not, and he was fine. It was a little expensive for one night.

Loved the bed and choice of pillows. And the thick dark curtains. Shower was nice and warm.

Was a lovely hote, exterior little dated but interior better
    • Double or Twin Room

standard rooms a little dated and limited selection of spirits in bar

was upgraded to executive room and was very comfy, staff at bar and restaurant very friendly

Just the one woodlouse?!
    • Double or Twin Room

My sister-in- law and myself live in the countryside in Cornwall. I booked online and then rang to specifically request a quiet room. On arrival our room was adjacent to the car park and in one the closest rooms to the dual carriage way! We were staying 4 nights and, although we had unpacked and it was late and we were tired, we asked to be moved. Our new room was opposite the function room but quiet enough. The rooms were dated and the hotel is definitely in need of refurbishment. We were welcomed to our room by a woodlouse crawling across the carpet. The receptionist asked if it was just the one! There was plenty of hot water but the shower head was in a bad state of disrepair. One bedside light was not working and after reporting this it was fixed the next day. Our mugs, glasses and teaspoons were just rinsed out I think, not hygienically cleaned. We would have preferred clean replacements each day. We thought the room was expensive at just under £80 per night with no breakfast but we booked late and the location suited us.

Beds were comfortable. Free parking.

Worked well for me while working nearby. Comfortable and functional.
    • Double or Twin Room

Unsmiling reception staff throughout my stay. They didn't take my card details when I arrived so there was a problem when I came to sign for my dinner - bar staff very apologetic, but reception staff weren't and left me feeling like it was my fault.

Comfortable bed. Could open the window in the bedroom. Quiet. Had a bath not just a shower. Public space where I could sit and work while eating and feel comfortable as a woman on her own. Bar staff very helpful and friendly. There is some nice outdoor space - but you could complete your stay with no idea it was there.

Very comfortable but could be more fair on in hotel prices.

Breakfast is incredibly overpriced as is the bar. If you pay £90 a night for a room you should be expected to pay £17.99 per person for standard breakfast and the bar prices are ghastly.

Rooms were nice and clean and great access to main routes including m32, m5 and m4.

Communication wasnt great on before arriving, however, when...
    • Double or Twin Room

Duty manager failing to email the spa details prior to the visit.

Communication wasnt great on before arriving, however, when staying there, the staff were excellent, everything we asked for, arrived within 10minutes. We would definitely stay here again!

Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel facilities and servcie received.
    • Double or Twin Room

The exterior needs some work and tlc and the parking signs are abrasive and not particularly well explained until you get into the hotel and I hadn't picked up on the nuances when booking. Changing them to free parking for guests and visitors would be more appropriate I feel.

I was pleasantly surprised as I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn for a long time. I had misgivings driving into the car park as it looked run down, the parking signs were very off putting and the front façade of the entrance area was faded and flaking. However, once I entered the facilities inside were to a high quality and the staff were extremely helpful and informative. My room was extremely clean and well presented and I really appreciated the extra touches - wine glasses, offer of forgotten toiletries if needed and easy to use entertainment equipment. I had room service in the evening and the quality of the food was excellent as was breakfast which was plentiful and good. Thank you very much and I'll be back.

All staff were very kind and friendly.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

We decided to pay a little more than other hotels to stay in the holiday in for the gym facilities. However, the gym was being refurbished. A 'temporary' gym had been provided in a conference room, however, there were limited facilities, it was very hot and water was not provided. If your gym is being refurbished, I feel that the price should reflect this or provide a discount of some sort. We had to buy a bottle of water from the machine. The rooms were outdated. The toilet in room 137 did not flush properly, the handle was hanging off slightly. Breakfast was okay, but quite overpriced for what it was. Also, on the second day, the toaster was not working so there was no toast available.

All staff were very kind and friendly.

OK stay in convenient location, but hotel in need of refurbishment.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room quite cramped for two people plus luggage. Decor looking dated. Musty smell on entering the room. Breakfast quite good range but fruit didn't look fresh.

Convenient location, quiet and reasonably comfortable.

It was ok

There were no complementary water in room. The bedding were torn and the shower Curtain was torn and scruffy did not meet with the 4 star rating the staff was friendly

Bed were comfy

The warm receptive staff make this place memorable.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Faulty sofa bed, replacement room was a good option however the refrigerator was missing in the new room. The air con was not responsive and the rooms need tarting up. Ie painting. Although it was great having the potential to watch films the choice for family entertainment consisted of five films recent ones but just five. I may appear spoilt but we as a family would have happily given up a new film for sometime tried and tested say The Goonies etc.

Great staff. Courteous and polite. The building was warm and having a swimming pool and gym was a boon. I personally found the bed very comfortable. Having a computer to use was much appreciated by my son who wanted to know if any new YouTube downloads has occurred. Any thanks and keep up the good work. 🙂

Good location but reception staff needs improvement a lot.
    • Double or Twin Room

Reception was hurrying every thing during check in as if they donot want to listen me. fire alarm went on 3 times at around 3.30 am. When called to check reason some one just picked up phone and said ‘ignore the alarm’ and hang up phone. However in morning they sent a written note for inconvinience and mentioning safety is prior concern. But both phone response and morning note seems contradincting each other. Rooms were cold and not heating up. Had to talk to concerned person to set them up though happened late. Again some contradicting information from reception and manager.

Hotel was clean and right next to Motorway

The Scottish guy on reception was exceptionally helpful.

The Scottish guy on reception was exceptionally helpful. I was stranded in 'snowmaggeddon' and he went to extraordinary lengths to help me get home. Really appreciated, stand out service.

Comfortable stay in a very handy location.
    • Double or Twin Room

No plug socket by the bed. Needed to charge my phone overnight and had to do it across the room rather than have it at the bedside. As I might have received an emergency call in the night this was not ideal.

Helpful staff, great room with lots of useful features.

Very highly recommend the hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing. However, I would recommend reception keep an up to date timetable of buses going into, and returning from the city. eg. UWE Express.

Quiet, very friendly and helpful staff.

It was ok

Was not 950 metres from Bristol Parkway station ,£9.00 in a cab to Fulton parkway which I thought was excessive Rooms average, look like they are having a refurb breakfast had a good choice but certainly could have been hotter.

Poor
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Was meant to be a luxury pick nothing luxury about the room in fact we had faeces on the shower curtain which we reported.

breakfast was ok but had to pay extra for this

Well run comfortable hotel with great staff.

Maybe slightly more dinner menu choices.

Hotel staff were really helpful. Great car parking, reasonably quiet considering the busy roads. Free wifi. Breakfast very good, dinner ok but maybe could have a wider choice. Room clean and comfortable. No complaints at all. I will be back!.

Hot uncomfortable rooms and bed
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The bed was very uncomfortable the rooms were too hot and for the money the rooms need upgrading Call us for a refit as this is what we do KAD Retail

The food was good

They asked if I wanted to pay a deposit to start a tab.

They asked if I wanted to pay a deposit to start a tab. I declined but they took the deposit anyway. Very disappointed by this. 5-7 working days for the money to appear back in my account.

We will be back
    • Double or Twin Room

Our standard room wasn’t spacious but had all we needed for a one night stay

The staff were friendly the hotel clean and tidy food was lovely we had an evening g meal and a fabulous breakfast the pouched eggs being cooked to perfection . The pool wasn’t hig but lovely and warm and the changing room basic but adequate for what you needed

Great but overpriced. Watch out for 10% service charges being added to food and drinks bills.
    • Double or Twin Room

Food prices were a little high, and the company clearly has a policy of automatically adding a 10% service charge to the bill. THIS IS NOT AMERICA! Were it not for the location and access to the meeting the next day, I would not have stayed here as the prices were far too high - £169 for a Wednesday night....

Good car park, excellent lounge bar where I could work in the evening.

Dont! Dirty rooms and poorly maintained

* rice under TV unit * kids sweets stuck to carpet *dust throughout *saunas in changing room so you cant go in with couples * ripped curtains * complained and took ages to recieve even a reply * told lake side view to which it was a pond! * dry urine left on toilet seat * makeup on mirrors and splashes from toothpaste Thats just some of the bits i remember off the top of my head

Nothing. There isnt one thing that i can honestly write to fill this box. Nothing at all.

The staff were very welcoming and helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was quite uncomfortable and the room very hot. Although I turned the air conditioning on it did not make much difference. In the end I was able to open a window to get some air into the room.

The staff were very welcoming and helpful. It appeared that the room I had been given originally was already occupied but the reception staff transferred me to another room immediately. The bar staff and breakfast staff were very pleasant and helpful

Underwhelming and tired
    • Double or Twin Room

Run down, worn and chipped furniture, bed not very comfy. No toiletries provided beyond a tiny bar of soap. Arrived late and thought I would have a hot chocolate in the room and get to bed. No hot chocolate, no biscuits, no frills. Small things but collectively it was pretty poor for the price. Holiday Inn Bristol Centre is way better.

Nothing special an average hotel .
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The speed of the free Wi-Fi was extremely slow. To use the Internet normally you have to purchase the "Premium" Wi-Fi. Free Wi-Fi should mean exactly that... FREE Wi-Fi. The changing area for the pool is very small and could-be a little cleaner.

Very spacious public areas. Extremely quiet so we had a very peaceful nights sleep.

very comfortable and great location for our visit; loved the free parking.

Room too cold on first night and heating doesn't work until you set itto 28 deg or higher which isn't what you would normally do. I set it to 20 and then 22 but nothing happened. Eventually I figured it out- leave a note in the room to say it works from 28 degree setting so guests can sort it out and not ring reception and have to wait in a cold room for ages. Someone came to help but he didn't know what was wrong and gave us a heater which we didn't use. There was a terrible draught from the window in our room so the heating was very much needed and it was fine after I understood the setting issue. Fix the draught!! On second day there was no milk and I had to call reception twice to send some down as I had already changed into my pyjamas- that took 20 minutes. The maid could have left some milk if she had done her job properly. I struggled to park on Monday night as the car park was over full- annoyingly one person had parked badly using part of a second bay and I didn't want to risk parking there- not sure if you have someone patrolling the car park but guests should be asked to park properly and not inconvenience others. I was taken aback with your cofee /hot chocolate prices - even more pricy than Costa; why?? More people would probably buy more drinks if the prices weren't so silly.

Easy check in; helpful receptionist at check in.

Disappointingly basic for a price I wouldn't consider to be budget.

Lack of facilities in room normally considered standard. No water,only basic tea and coffee and very few toiletries. Expected better from £ 100 room at Holiday Inn.

Location. Easy access from M5 via M32 yet surprisingly quiet. Nice views of grounds from window.

A very average hotel, which just about served our purpose for a brief one night stopover.

Double bed seemed quite small, request for extra pillows, took over half an hour to arrive. Towels very thin and hard, no need for exfoliant! Continental breakfast buffet was poor, tinned or stewed fruit in the main.

Staff very helpful and courteous. Room was clean.

Worth the money

The shower head didn’t work in my room.

I like that I wasn’t held up at the desk and I could go into my room quickly. The staff were fantastic with their service even printed off some documents for me before my arrival. Also, there was enough towels in my room... fantastic.

Uninspiring.

Very average. Rooms too warm and quite small. Was difficult to keep the water from the shower contained in the bath due to the shower curtain. The receptionist greeting us only made eye contact with and spoke to my husband as though I wasn't there.

In nice grounds for the location

Only adequate

No quiet place to sit eg. lounge, Only the noisy coffee shop area Confusion over payment. Not sure it has been sorted yet.

Modern and apart from the room spacious. Free easy parking.

Fine. Really good location for visiting UWE
    • Double or Twin Room

The internet is not secure and google devices refuse to connect, so really hampered by work. Time for this hotel chain to put in sensible, secure internet connection.

Room fine. Staff really helpful and friendly

Friendly and comfortable with surprisningly good food.
    • Double or Twin Room

It’s not in the best location. You can’t see the hotel sign from the road and our sat nav missed it and it took us another half an hour to get back again! A taxi driver told us that all sat navs miss the turning. Bit disappointed with the superfood salad. I expected the dish to be packed full of good things but it was just a lettice salad, really. It needs bulking out with avacado, endamame beans, baby spinach and such like. The rest of the food we had was excellent.

The staff were lovely - friendly and helpful. The food was surprisingly good and tasted home made - the soup and pate particularly so. Drinks and food were not overpriced. The room was quiet and very comfortable. Breakfast was very good and plentiful.

Weekend Stay
    • Executive Room

Although it was lovely to have a pool on site it was in serious need of renovation and definitely not 4 star.

I liked the room which was a good size and clean and the free extras were lovely. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Very disappointing
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was awful....cold and tasteless and self service...for 16.95 I would expect a lot more, a McDonald's breakfast as of far superior quality. It's Absolute rip off and would never go again

The bed was comfy

Fun and enjoyable. We would stay again if we visit Bristol

Very good food and service downstairs Sweet little Christmas stocking made us feel part of the festive season. Enjoyed the garden view from the window. Good gym and pool. Most respectful and polite barman we have ever met.

Convenient comfort - I'd stay again
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Room did get a bit too hot even after trying to turn down the heating but room service was very efficient

Lovely pool. Lots of parking. Not too far from town.

Good location, use of gym and pool
    • Double or Twin Room

The bath was not clean, there was shaven hair all in it which was obvious to me even without my glasses on! The spoons looked dirty as well. I told the staff at the end and they just said sorry. For £82 a night I don’t think it is good enough

Good location, use of gym and pool

Very friendly clean and helpful but better signposting please!
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel itself is secluded and incredibly difficult to find even if you've got it on GPS Very very badly signposted

Staff were friendly and very helpful Food was OK

OK but hotel is in need of thorough refurb
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The decor is very tired, especially in the rooms that I saw (family and friends were staying there too). In my room the bathroom fittings were worn and in need of a thorough clean and/or replacement. Worst of all, there was a terrible smell (like rotten eggs) from the sink after the tap had been run. Presumably from rubbish in the U-bend. I had to keep the plug in the sink to control the smell to some extent at least.

Friendly, helpful staff, good facilities

Staff - good fun, helpful, engaging
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

You have to round the sun to get to the moon - a marvel comic antihero clearly designed the road system here - but not the hotel’s fault I presume 😬

Staff - good fun, helpful, engaging

The indoor pool was great for the kids.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Outdated for a 4* hotel. We only used the pool for 2 days out of 4 due to water temperature issues not being fixed.

The indoor pool was great for the kids.

Not bad for stay; disappointing pool
    • Standard Family Room

the swimming pool was smaller than appeared in review pictures and water was quite cold - the changing area was also quite shabby - all in all the sports club needs makeover and the pool needs an add on for smaller children. Hotel is ONLY for those who will have own car to drive into town, as a bit off but close to major highways. Mind you, for us the pool was a major reason to go there - as around NY there isnt much to do outdoors

Good breakfast, albeit standard to be expected to such a hotel, on weekends and NY day breakfast upto 12 which was great, check out till midday which was great too, ample problem free parking, courteous staff - no issues in the room, infact free water bottles and candy bar as well - climate control a bit weird but ample explanation given

Overall good stay for the price with a nice room!

Restaurant meal at night wasn't anything special Gym and swimming pool where small. No unisex sauna, this was a shame as my partner and I would have liked to relax together.

Great breakfast. Dining for 2 at £39.99 was a good deal considering you had 2 drinks (house wine) and a 2-course meal. There's a sauna in each of the changing rooms. Starbucks on site. Cose to Cribbs.

It was an ok stay but probably wont rush back.

Although the food was ok we felt it was expensive to eat in the restaurant and the breakfast was also expensive and not value for money. It was chaotic trying to get food and on returning to our seats the food was cold.

The staff were friendly in the restaurant and front desk the food was ok