Reviews of Holiday Inn Colchester 4 stars

Abbotts Lane - Eight Ash Green, Colchester, CO6 3QL, United Kingdom

#8 of 12 hotels in Colchester

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Better than expected

We had a room with a door connecting another room. Unfortunately the man next door was on the phone a few times throughout the night and it was very easy to hear through the closed door. So I didn't have a very good night sleep. I would recommend you ask for a room without a connecting door.

Bed was very comfy. The breakfast was better than some 4 star hotels! Lots of choice! A lovely waitress even made a Panda drawing on top of the hot chocolate for my little girl. She was delighted!

Nice hotel & setup, Staff need cheering up desperately and some service training!

Staff at reception were lifeless, seemed as if it was a hassle to them for us to check in. When ordering dinner the senior restaurant staff were absolutely not as you would like to be served, very short manner and possibly even a little aggressive. When it came to settling our bill, the lady took great umbrage in removing the three pints of lager from our tab, that we never ordered or received! In the morning the younger and altogether more pleasant girl showed us to our table, but forgot to mention that breakfast was self service (the breakfast bar is out of sight). So we were left waiting to order, sat at the table for 20 min before any other staff walked past....

very smart & clean room, with AC

Lovely stay, perfect for a romantic weekend.
    • Executive Double Room

We booked an executive room and part of this included slippers which we did not get in the room, but this wasn't really an issue. We also expected the bed to have been a bit bigger.

Lovely friendly staff. Comfortable room and they fulfilled my request to have a room with a bath. The facilities were good, and there were only 3 other people in the pool when we went, and we had the steam room to ourselves. The buffet breakfast in the morning was delicious too.

the restaurant was well organised( as in the layout,) walk...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the restaurant was well organised( as in the layout,) walk through for cooked breakfast thus avoiding people coming in....also the staff were welcoming and helpful...

Poor value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast as not hot and bacon over cooked. £75 was very poor value. I have stayed in good hotels for much less , and with breakfast included.

The bed was comfy, and the room good. The staff were very helpful, as I am disabled

Comfortable & Clesn

Wi-fi didn’t work. We would keep connecting however, a few minutes later the wi-fi access was disconnected. This kept happening so we gave up in the end. I did advise the staff reception. They could not do anything. Also, socket for mobile phone was not working. Informed reception when I checked out. Room 226.

Friendly staff. Lovely barman and concierge (same man). Room was very clean and bed and pillows very comfortable.

We were disappointed as this was not up to the usual standard of Joliday

No fridge or safe or products in the bathroom. No shower cap either. Very basic for the price. Tired decor. Breakfast charged £15 but there was hardly anything at all to choose from and the quality of food on offer was poor. Also we had to wait for one person to cook eggs for everyone. Other than that there was no fruit or real choice of breakfast - no croissants or pastries. Before arriving 2 days before they called to cancel my 3 rooms which I had booked back in March. They Didn’t clean the room or replace the towels - I complained and the receptionist who helpe out with towels and gave us a discount on the second night. Overall we were disappointed. The breakfast was overpriced poor quality and offered no choice and the room was very basic for the price.

Outside grounds pretty. Reception helpful

Lovely one night break.
    • Executive Double Room

Pool a bit grubby. Lovely food except veg which were almost raw and very hard indeed. Bathrobe was threadbare in places.

Staff were excellent..helpful. Executive room..was very clean and spacious. Lovely relaxed feel to hotel. Good breakfast Good dinner apart from veg. Ease of parking Good location

Good hotel, good location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms had double rather than king beds which felt very small and were quite uncomfortable. This is a personal thing though.

Hotel was really clean and TTS rooms were well appointed. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Food at the restaurant was good and gym, while small, was good for a hotel gym.

Good overall. Friendly and clean.

Check in was a bit difficult as we had a wedding at 11 o'clock and unable to check in till 3 o'clock. Told room on ground floor but given a first floor room on return at 11.30 our room had been given to sspmeon else!! Ok except my husband has problem walking.

Nice room, bed comfortable.

Location, pool, breakfasts, onsite parking
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Shower flooded floor (bath screen seal missing), TV remote didn’t work and walls too thin - occupants in next room could be heard playing music and talking at 3am.

Location, pool, breakfasts, onsite parking

The staff through out this property were exceptional, very...

The day to day cleaning of the rooms could have been better during our stay.

The staff through out this property were exceptional, very poilte and full of information.

I got to the hotel they did do a good job in the room we...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I got to the hotel they did do a good job in the room we stayed from Saturday 28 till Monday of July on the Saturday there was a wedding going on which was lovely there was a lot of noise that night up and down the corridors which I wasn’t going to moan about as it was someone’s special day but yes we didn’t get slot of sleep then on the Sunday afternoon I had a tiny little speaker playing in my room which is only 5 Watts so not loud then I get the man from reception coming and knocking at my door saying he had complaints it was 4 in the afternoon so we went out of the hotel and we found this really rude considering the noise from the previous night then we left in the Monday to get home and realise the hotel had took a extra £100.00 out of my bank I contacted them straight away she couldn’t tell me what it was for after 4 emails 2 phone calls I get a response on the 14 August 2 weeks later telling me they have charged a penalty this is not how a big chain of hotels should act they should make you aware before they take money out of your bank avoid this hotel there alright with the noise if they have a function happening

Apart from breakfast on our last day we had a great stay x
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had guests who live in Colchester come to have breakfast with us there was 8of us but we were not allowed to push 2 tables together. The reason being wheelchairs would not be able to pass. We sat on a raised area with steps at either end which presumably wheelchair users would not be passing. Actually putting 2 tables together would have created mire space not less xx

Very helpful reception staff who very quickly fixed a problem with our television.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

When I got to my room, there was a soaking wet towel on the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

When I got to my room, there was a soaking wet towel on the floor, which I picked up and put in the corridor. It was a really hot night, so I put the air conditioning on. Just before 2am I was woken up by water coming out of the AC unit. There was quit a lot running out and it was making a loud noise, so I had to turn the AC off and put a large towel down to catch the water and try to deaden the noise of the dripping water which continued all night. As it was such a hot night, the room became stifling and I got very little sleep. There had obviously been a problem previously (hence the wet towel on the floor when I got into the room ) but the room was still in use. I told Reception when i checked out, but they didn't seem particularly bothered about it or apologetic. I could've changed rooms at the time, but it was the early hours of the morning and I didn't realise it would cause such an issue to my nights sleep at the time.

Rooms were clean
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff wanted to charge my card again. I had already paid online. They had too many dramas n attitude for each payment. Room service if we had to order food. Its the mini gym and mini spa.

Rooms were clean

great stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

one of the member of staff in the gym wasn't very helpful. I wanted to but a swimsuit for my daughter and he wouldn't allow us to try it on. it os infact the wrong size so I will have to return it

excellent breakfast

Perfectly comfortable Holiday Inn!

The hotel was fine. Very clean and comfortable. I missed breakfast but I'm sure it was good. We were there for a wedding nearby so it was more than adequate for what we needed. Great value for money. Great showers. Only downside was no lift (if you have much luggage, or are less able bodied, request a room downstairs).

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Had a great time.

No fridge in the standard rooms only in the executive ones. Bed base had a large stain on one side. Drinks in the bar very expensive.

Bed was very comfortable. Good location. Very helpful staff. Very nice breakfast.

Not awful but not good value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was uncomfortable, no lights in the ceiling, no bath in the bathroom, location in the middle of nowhere, very overpriced, one plug socket on on side of the bed not both

The sauna and jacuzzi at the pool

Location was good and swimming pool was great

The very slow check in and the staff in the restaurant in the evening, I really hate being referred to as “lovely “ very patronising!

Location was good and swimming pool was great

It suited our requirements
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Beds, doubles were small doubles with bad mattress. But when we asked to change the room, we got a room with 2 singles, much better.

It suited our requirements

Comfortable, clean overall a great all rounder for a short stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

As we only stayed one night we didn't use all the facilities ie gym,pool or meals. other than breakfast which was good. I couldn't comment it looked very nice though.

Very clean and comfortable bed. A lovely breakfast. The bathroom was clean and modern. Enjoyed our stay would definitely come and stay again.

Great facilities for a work stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

On the first morning there weren't enough members of staff at breakfast so I didn't get served tea or coffee and they had run out of bread. They did have a few big parties though.

Large room, good facilities with a gym and pool on site.

Joe the wedding planner was unbelievable nothing was to much...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We stayed here as my best friend was getting married there. The room had no main light just bedside lights and only one worked it was very noisy and the bed was uncomfortable.

Joe the wedding planner was unbelievable nothing was to much trouble and he was a lovely young man .

AMAZING
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

our stay was absolutly amazing! great staff, amazing rooms and a really good atmosphere throughout the hotel! so close to the zoo and main town! would love to stay there again and will definitely be going with a holiday inn hotel for any trip over any other hotel!

The staff were very helpful and friendly and the meals were enjoyable especially breakfast

When checking in the receptionist had a couple of lengthy customers so we were kept waiting at least 15 mins. The receptionist apologised and someone else eventually came and took over the lengthy booking.

The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The meals were very good and the restaurant staff were really good. The only drawback was the length of time it took to get the meal.the breakfast was excellent, buffet style and the staff for breakfast brightened your day.

Fine if you need a stop for the night and a breakfast
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness could have been better, windows that connected to the pool were not clean, nor our bedroom window. I would have expected a little bit more luxury in a 4* hotel.

I liked the fact there was a gym. Staff in the reception desk were very nice.

A lovely hotel

Very rude member of bar/restaurant staff Brunette female with glasses. Embarrassed my partner in front of everyone. Tv remote in room didn't work. There is no whirlpool. Food menu is poor and bar area tiny and doesn't sell bottled coke???? Pool was absolutely freezing. No vending machines. Need to have a car to be able to get about because nowhere is in walking distance and cabs are extortionate!

Staff on reception was lovely. Room was lovely with a great view. Bed was comfy. Breakfast was amazing and a great value for money. Nice big tv in room. Lovely shower. Relaxing Jacuzzi. Lovely environment will definitely be back

Hotel was clean, staff were friendly and polite.

Hotel was clean, staff were friendly and polite. Good nights sleep. Enjoyed the spa facilities, had a lovely stay have been before and would stay again

Good value
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Good breakfast, nice clean room, lots of extras, room service, mini bar, gym, swimming pool, etc, for a fraction of the cost of other so called luxury hotels in the area!

In arriving the staff were very friendly.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The cooked buffet breakfast was cold. They started serving breakfast at 7am and I ate at 7:20am. The coffee was too bitter and there were empty glasses on the picnic table from the night before.

In arriving the staff were very friendly. The room was lovely.

Good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast restaurant was not well organised until after a complaint. There was not enough staff and the food was barely warm. Reception staff were very good and so was the breakfast restaurant after 9ne complaint. Comfort and cleanliness is a matter of personal taste. Everything you would need was in the room ( I don't think trouser presses are necessary so I did not miss it) The bed sheet was not big enough to tuck in and became uncomfortably scrunched. Hence the less than top Mark.

The size of the rooms and the easy access from major roads

Disappointed that what we booked wasn't what we got!

We booked online through yourselves (Booking.com). As we have a daughter 17 years old and son 13 years old, we booked 1 double room and 1 twin room. When we got to the hotel they had reserved 2 double rooms and said that you don't stipulate exactly what customer wants only what's available. Had we known there was only 2 double rooms available we would not have booked it !

Hotel was clean, friendly staff and comfortable.

Better try to find another place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel is in need of maintenance and room needs to be cleaned. Stains in the bed, coffemaking facilities too dirty to touch, moult in the shower, interior was broken, no hotel amenities (needed to be requested at reception).Gbp 5,50 for 3 plain scoops of icecream in a breakfast bowl is really overpriced. Room wasn't cleaned after the first day, bedbedsdheets were just put back all wrinkly.

The day I left was a nice day

The staff were very helpful, particularly the evening...

More choice of desserts!

The staff were very helpful, particularly the evening restaurant staff who took account of the fact that I was a woman on my own and made sure I felt comfortable. Really easy commute into Colchester.

We were at our grandson's gay wedding, love was in the air! we had a great time!

Nothing to dislike.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn with all our friend's and family as we were attending a wedding on Friday 1st June. On the Thursday night in the bar, we enjoyed Joe! he was such fun! he was so accepting of some of the outrages behaviour from some of our friend's . All good.

staff were very good accommodation clean

bees glasses were left outside on a picnic table for 2 nights also 2 bins outside were overflowing with rubbish so I reported to the front desk 2 days later when we were leaving they had not been emptied this was my onlything I was disappointed with

staff were very good accommodation clean

Pleasant easy access place.

It aggravates the living daylights out of me that they add "Tips" at their own will. I stayed at the colchester express and didnt have this. I stayed at the dragonfly and didnt have this.. If I want ti leave a tip, then guess what... I will do so through choice... Not have to go through my bill afterwards and dispute half a dozen payments which were "Gratuities"...

Pleasant easy access place.

Excellent location, good leisure facilities
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

At check in queue of 3 but only 1 person attending customers. Another member of staff just sat at computer behind reception desk Food for Italian themed evening was very poor.

Excellent location, good leisure facilities

Great weekend break, would like to return sometime.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable, perfect nights sleep, Really good size bedroom, very clean and couldn't fault the room. All other facilities really good - bar, restaurant, reception -- very good! Staff friendly and helpful.

Excellent location and value for money. Would recommend.

Just the bathroom ceiling showing signs of condensation, I don't think that the extractor worked properly. We did report it on leaving.

Excellent location easy to find. The girl on reception was efficient and very nice. Rooms was comfortable and clean. Plenty of storage, points and mirrors. Value for money.

Very pleasant and would stay again if in the area.

Would have liked a bath in the room but only had a shower.

The staff were very friendly throughout the hotel. the swimming pool was adequate but lockers were not in use as not been converted to new pound coins and the lady on the pool reception did not explain this.

Beautiful hotel and lovely staff

Me and my friend stayed in the Colchester holiday inn as we were going to the zoo, it was very clean and the hotel was lovely! We used the pool steam room and sauna and it was great! The staff where so lovely too!

It was ok but i would not chose to return.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Stained bathrobe and having to ask for more tea bags and milk when we were staying in the executive suite. A Services in the health spa had to be cancelled as a staff member went sick.

The breakfast buffet.

Worth the stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was clean, friendly, great location, good value. Food was good. Plenty of things around the site to do. Lots of parking. It was a quiet location. I had no complaints about the place.

Excellent fun,great good in a lovely environment.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing keep doing what you are doing.

The whole staff team made the hotel, they where all so friendly and professional. Joe the barman was brilliant and my niece and nephew loved chatting with him.

Check your bill before you leave.. Get an itemised bill and check it.

Twice in 2 stays there has been "Gratuities" added to my bill without pre-warning or authorisation. This is NOT acceptable, and is tantamount to theft. It has then taken me up to 1 hour of email ping pong to get these "Extra charges" refunded to my card, and makes for hassle when explaining to the accountant what the numerous receipts are for. Chef Dan, is never at his station and it appears to be a chore for him to do eggs. Breakfast is generally cold, and could do with being kept warmer.

Staff were in the main very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean.

Quick and easy for work but overpriced for the quality of the room.
    • Executive Double Room

I was given an linked room and could hear the conversation in the next room crystal clear (I also heard a someone else at breakfast have the same issue). The door to the room also wasn't the best fit so the room never got truly dark as per the norm in a hotel room as there was too much light entering from the corridor. The toilet flush was temperamental so would sometimes continue to fill the cistern which aas annoying, and generally the finishes touches on the room such as plumbing/plasterboard under the sink looked like it had been undertaken by a poor workman.

Good selection at breakfast although the scrambled eggs looked a little questionable. Very comfy bed

Had a lovely stay

Lighting in the room not very good. My partner struggled to do her make up in the mirror due to poor lighting.

Really lovely area and lovely spa facilities.

Desk staff were brilliant, they could not have been more...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed could have been more comfortable. Disabled facilities good but towel rail was not safe. Restaurant staff and service could have been better when early meal was prearranged ... left waiting a long time ... courtesy goes along way it should be remembered even when difficult. Breakfast and drinks too expensive.

Desk staff were brilliant, they could not have been more helpful for our family under the circumstances. Matthew in the restaurant on Tuesday night was also outstanding.

The desk staff were brilliant and couldn't have done any...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

For a better quality hotel the soundproofing needs to be improved and double glazing to minimise noise from trains. Although arrangements had been made for an early meal, customer service by waitress could be improved. Adding a service charge in the restaurant without saying is wrong, rectified by the again excellent desk staff. Drinks very expensive

The desk staff were brilliant and couldn't have done any more for us under the circumstances. Matthew in the restaurant was excellent too.

Cleanliness, helpful staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room itself was very good value for money. However, the restaurant & drinks were very overpriced. Including a £4/£5 fee just for someone to bring a drink to our ground floor room.

Cleanliness, helpful staff

Lovely room in a very convenient location - breakfast was...

The breakfast coffee wasn't particularly enjoyable and some food was cold on arrival. However prices were very high in restaurant - two drinks worked out at £7.50 each!

Lovely room in a very convenient location - breakfast was nice and bonus of getting it brought to us in bed. Food in restaurant was very tasty.

Very lovely, kind and helpful staff!

I think the only thing that could’ve of been improved is the price of the breakfast, we was on a slight budget for the weekend and so wasn’t able to try the breakfast at holiday inn, especially as it all looked delicious!

Everything from start to finish was great! We checked in and was given room 107, unfortunately there was miscommunication and the lady who checked us in was told the room was ready, however it wasn’t ready. We wasn’t unhappy or didn’t want to complain or anything like that, but the lovely and helpful lady behind gave us a free upgrade to an executive room! We was so happy, and thanked her for being so kind especially as all we wanted was just a room that was ready for us to sleep in!

The staff

The room service menu was out of date and there was no directory on the phone to say what to dial for room service so i had to go down and order. I received an early wake up alarm despite not ordering one.

The staff

Ok
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

TV, chanels were basic, not even free view, and u wanted £7.50 for films that have been out years?????

Breakfast ok but not great, basic compared to Crown plaza, I asked for an upgrade because the guy in front got one, and I didn’t get an answer. Also I travelled with a disabled friend, your facilities were ok, but your TV and channels are RUBBISH

Perfect , enjoyable

Everything was great

It was our pleasure to stay in holiday inn . Rooms was perfect , clean and beautiful . Lots of space . Very comfortable . Quiet . Working team at the reception extremely helpful , kind and friendly . Food was testy . Ass well we enjoy swimming pool and sauna . All our family was happy about our stay . Thank you

Worst Night's Sleep in Years...and I suffer with insomnia

The bed and pillows were the most uncomfortable I've ever had to sleep on. I barely slept, even after sleeping pills. When I finally got to sleep, I was awoken with the intense heat from the room, as the thermostat is set and cannot be turned down. I opened a window and was then greeted by outside noise. We got a £30 refund but to be honest, I wouldn't have paid any more than £30 a night for such an awful bed. The sink was also dirty, there was a stain on the carpet, the shower screen didn't stop the water from spraying in to the bathroom, the fridge was noisy (why put a fridge in a hotel room but not have a decent bed?) and the decoration was sloppy. If Premier Inn had parking, I would've gone there, as at least their beds and rooms are comfortable.

Steam room. Parking. Staff.

Really enjoyed it.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The pool and surrounding area all need a good paint and update. The hot tub wasn't working properly.

The restaurant/bar and food were great as were the staff in those locations, actually they were exceptional, as were the staff on the front desk.

Great value for money!

Noise from the main road and train line, but it wasn’t loud and didn’t stop us from sleeping!

Friendly staff on arrival. The room was modern and clean, especially the bathroom which seemed very new! Enjoyed using the swimming pool.

very clean, relaxing, great staff

the prices for food and drink are way out of proportion and far to expensive, found this the only down side to another wise great hotel

very clean, relaxing, great staff

Very pleasant and well organised. Booked through Booking.com which was very straightforward.

Room a little cold on arrival and the first evening but problem was largely resolved the following day. We didn't have an evening meal at the property throughout the stay but these seemed expensive for what they were.

Nicely maintained property with friendly staff and very well located close to the A12. Breakfast extremely good with a wide choice of traditional and continental.

As expected at Holiday Inn. Comfortable with all amenities.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I would have preferred a room not on the ground floor, as I was on my own, but I asked for a quiet room and it was.

The bed was very comfy. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Comfortable and good breakfast but terrible coffee...

Good location for some retail therapy. Nice comfortable rooms but small baths?? Don't know why they put these in... please full size or non at all. Good atmosphere nice and relaxing.

Excellent stay and customer service
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We were not allowed to pay immediately but had to wait until the last day. We would have appreciated the option of clearing the bill as we checked in.

The scenery, customer service and everything

Brilliant and nice family holiday.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The lady receptionist at the leisure center on duty on feb 17 at 9 am wasn't nice , maybe she was having a bad day but thats the only sore thumb. Everybody in the hotel were amazing and went beyond call of duty from the front house receptionist to the waiting staff at the restaurant.

Love the warm reception and we were accommodated and taken cared of especially when I mentioned it was my birthday. We felt very nice and welcomed.

Staff were excellent, unfortunately we found issues with...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff were excellent, unfortunately we found issues with cleanliness but when we notified the staff they gave us a new room and 2 free complimentary drinks, could not of asked for better customer service. Food was lovely.

A pleasant stay which was close to where we needed to be.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A room safe would have been welcome.

Reception and room staff were helpful and friendly. Standard double room was good with enough comfort for a short stay. Liked the swimming pool.

Disappointed. Sleep was interrupted as the room temperature was extremely hot overnight
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Booked through Booking.com and the booking was non refundable. I did n't agree with. When I rung Customer services they said they'd contact the hotel direct and call me back. I never got a call back. The booking remained as non refundable at £72 and the booking reduced in price to £53 nearer to the time of out visit. The restaurant was also overpriced.

Location was ok. Looking at other properties they were as close so may offer an alternative next time which is a shame as our daughter is hopefully starting University in September for 4 years so we're likely to be visiting more than once over that timr

Nice hotel, friendly staff..
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Pool is sectioned off for swimming classes in the week so children have to stay on the side where people like to lane swim.. children couldn't really splash about.

Beds were comfy. Room cosy

The hotel was warm and inviting the reception staff on...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

More channels on the TV in the rooms although you had to pay £50 if you wanted WiFi and any movies.understandable I suppose. But overall will know next time to bring my pad to watch more tv and movies .

The hotel was warm and inviting the reception staff on arrival and leaving were superb and friendly which is lovely to see only downfall I didn't have ano oldo pound coin for the lockers in the spa the girl girl did not look too happy about it either as they have not been changed yet to accept the new ones apart she did lend us a trolley coin which was very nice of her all in all was a great place lovely and clean.

Had a lovely stay at the hotel rooms lovely and clean good nights sleep.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a lot of lights out in the carpark meaning bit hard to see where you were going so that needs to be sorted. The outside of the hotel could do with a freshen up ie removing cobwebs, cleaning of the windows inside and out and maybe a lick of paint round where the bedrooms are on the outside.

The hotel overall was a lovely place to stay staff really helpful.Claire who worked on reception was more then helpful showing us where the weddings are held. Nice place to stay good location,freindly staff.

Convenient location by A12 near Colchester.

Noisy at night from heavy lorries in our bedroom, which was over looking the A12. The double glazing is obviously life expired and the window seals let noise in. Bed was only 4'6" (in a huge roon) so not very comfortable for 2.

Convenient location by A12 near Colchester.

Good value for money, lovely staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room could have been cleaner, stained bed frames, room was a bit dirty. Wasn’t aware of the railway close by.

The hotel looks like you’re on holiday abroad, breakfast was tasty, staff were lovely!