2. UK hotel reviews
  3. West Midlands hotel reviews
  4. Birmingham hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Birmingham-Snow Hill

Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Birmingham-Snow Hill This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

1 Snow Hill Plaza, St Chad's Queensway, Birmingham, B4 6HY, United Kingdom

#34 of 76 hotels in Birmingham

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

Lady on reception was super helpful making changes to and...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Upholstery on sofa bed stained, and some marks on carpet.

Lady on reception was super helpful making changes to and reverting my booking due to hospital plans changing. Shower is ace and bed super comfy!

Pleasantly surprised
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

TV was difficult to switch on and off- only a minor criticism! No biscuits with the coffee!!!

Really comfy beds and pillows Modern decor Clean Lovely bathroom and powerful shower Decent hairdryer and placement of mirrors Very helpful friendly staff No noise from corridors etc. Reasonable choice for express breakfast

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

did NOT enjoy my experience due room being cold , needed a taxi but vwery awkard to for taxi to pick
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

the room was stone cold then moved to another floor 13 to another room but had to ask for a heater. don't expect to £340 and get this kind of treatment

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

It was a disappointment we were given such a bad room initially, smelly and dirty
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

first room we were given was dirty and smelled of some type of cleaner, had to go back to reception to get a change, our daughter was put in a disabled room, nothing wrong with it but unusual to be given one. , bar is not great, poor selection and ran out of beers. breakfast mediocre. check in is appallingly slow!!!!

room was comfortable, bed linen nice, good shower facilties, staff friendly,

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Ideal for a business stay but would not eat evening meal here again
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was dull, no tomatoes or mushrooms to go with hot options. Dinner menu very limited and not very tasty.

very comfortable bed and excellent bathroom

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

- The thermostat didn’t work in the room I was given meaning it was freezing. - After finally been given a new room, it was lacking with toiletries which was very disappointing and again took a long time to rectify - Breakfast was also cold and not very appetising

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Nice hotel but a fair walk from the city centre
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The gym was a total let down: the only treadmill and one bike was out of order both days I used it and the equipment was old and dusty

Nice hotel. Breakfast was included but a bit limited on the hot options

Met my requirements
    • Allocation on arrival

Shower off/on handle is faulty. Struggled to turn it off after use

The staff in particular ‘young lady’ who delt with me was very polite & helpful

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

Bed was comfortable, chose of two different size pillows, I always bring mine own,
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

More wholemel bread or rolls, being a diabetic, only white rolls offered or seeded bread,

The room had everything we needed and the buffet breakfast catered for all

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

Clean, stylish and spacious.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Windows didn’t open. No biscuits on tea tray. I rang down for toothpaste to reception and no one answered.

Clean, stylish and spacious. Lovely big shower.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2019

Some of the staff are lovely and others are terrible you...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Car park even with a 50% discount is very expensive. The breakfast times finishes at 10.30 on weekdays which is to early.

Some of the staff are lovely and others are terrible you have to be Lucky who’s on shift !

• Reviewed: February 8, 2019

Great location for Birmingham Children’s Hospital where I...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Room was a bit dirty (paper on floor when I walked in, streaks all over bathroom counter top. Sofa bed dirty, worn and mishapen, seemed very old!

Great location for Birmingham Children’s Hospital where I was doing a course. Decent food in restaurant. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2019

Definitely never stay here again 😡
    • Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Location was poor. Heating not working in room. Selection of food was poor. Staff shortage, as a budget hotel we paid far to much for what we got in return. On a scale of 1-10 I’d give 3

To be honest nothing really.. definitely wouldn’t stay here again

• Reviewed: February 6, 2019

Great location for the city centre and not to far to walk to...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The bed didn't seem as comfortable as it was the last time we stayed a year ago.

Great location for the city centre and not to far to walk to some great shops and restaurants. Fantastic value for money.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2019

Excellent location for the City Centre

The air conditioner in the room was noisy and we had to turn it off over night even though it was quite cold in the room. The mattress was very soft and dipped a bit towards the middle. The Car Park entrance next to the hotel could be better signposted from the main road as we missed it and had to drive around.

The room was clean and well laid out. The bathroom was particularly nice. There was lots of choice for breakfast. Excellent location. Helpful staff

• Reviewed: February 5, 2019

Lovely pleasant stay
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

How clean it was and the bed was very comfy

Lovely stay was very happy with everything. Me and my partner came for a night as it was my birthday and the room was a lot bigger then I thought it was going to be, The bed was so comfy, the breakfast was lovely lots to choose from. definitely would stay there again.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2019

I paid for the hotel at the advertised amount and was in a...
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

I paid for the hotel at the advertised amount and was in a bit of rush so I was unable to argue points as to why that booking should stand but nonetheless disappointed

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

Basic
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The room was cold and the heating didn't work properly. The TV worked intermittently. The sofa in my room was dirty (had lots of stains on it). Breakfast was very very basic and not great quality. Check in was very long as they were unable to locate my booking. This delay meant that I had 5 minutes before they stopped serving meals in the restaurant. I was then told that I was unlikely to be served as the cook had left the kitchen. I had to order from the 24hour menu instead.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

Good
    • Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Too cold in the room and it seems as if the heating system wasn't working properly as it always defaults to 19 celsius after a while.

Breakfast in the money means that I don't have to worry about that aspect anymore.

• Reviewed: February 2, 2019

Clean modern rooms.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Disturbed and terrible night sleep due to Hearing next room flush toilet and hearing really loud water moving through pipes in walls all night! Staff dismissed our complaint saying it’s the air-conditioning system. Plus the pillows were really hard. Premier inn have got pillows just right

Clean modern rooms. Excellent breakfast and great value

• Reviewed: February 2, 2019

Nice facility with a very reliable staff.

Everything was fine.

The Staff was extremly helpful and changed my reservation, which by my mistake was booked for the next night. They were very nice and polite giving me a lot of personal comfort.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2019

Great stopover ,staff welcoming and friendly, lovely room,comfy great experience.

Met our needs ,nice stay

Staff welcoming after traveling through snow from home arrived late ,lovely room comfy bed ,good breakfast ,would definitely call in again as a stopover to and from Leeds . May even give the one in Leeds a try .

• Reviewed: January 30, 2019

Short stay was made comfortable with a good room, good view and a warm reception.
    • Allocation on arrival

I was surprised when I called room service for cutlery and I was instructed to go down and get it from the breakfast lounge. It was quite contrasting to the check-in experience. I am not paying for a room in a 3 star hotel to be instructed by the staff to go fetch my cutlery. That disappointed me quite a bit. Additionally, staff at breakfast were rather flustered and the chaos in the kitchen was evident because most of the hot food had to be waited for (almost 15 minutes for the sausages and bacon).

Unfortunately, I was quite tired to notice the receptionist's name while checking in, but the check-in process was rather pleasant. We were asked for our floor preference and were also given all necessary details about the check-out process and breakfast. The room itself (1601) was clean with a comfortable bed and sofa.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2019

The stay was great, and if I come again I will surely book this hotel.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

We didn't have a small fridge in the room. My son takes eye drops and i had to use one new every time (usually i put it in the fridge from morning till evening). The tea and the milk that we had in the room weren't replaced.

i requested a bigger quilt because my sons were sleeping on the sofa bed and we came back the quilt was there. great location and service. we needed a cab for the next morning and the receptionist phoned immediately. We had an appointment at the Birmingham Children's hospital, and it was very comfortable for us since it 5 mins away.

Good
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

We got a bit lost while looking for a place to park and nobody was answering the phone at the hotel so I had to walk there and then I had to wait for everyone in front of me to check in just to ask where to park our car - they say Private Parking is available. Eventually it was a park place next door that we had to pay in full in order to park there + the place in front of the hotel where you're supposed to drop off your luggage was occupied by two parked cars so we had to drag them all the way from the parking place. At the check in they gave us the wifi name for which no password was needed but they didn't explain the process we had to do to connect so when we called from our room to ask for instructions they asked us to go down to the reception again to set it up for us.

Hotel was close to the city centre so we didn't have to drive there. Room was clean, spacious and nicely decorated and breakfast was very good, combining both, english and continental.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2019

Not great, was hoping for better.
    • Allocation on arrival

The fan in the room was incredibly noisy and kept me awake for most of the night. The meal I had in the evening was extremely overpriced for what is was (paid £1 for cheese on my burger, and it was only a single slice of American cheese) and extremely hot on arrival, almost like it had been in a microwave too long. Breakfast was stale and the selection was quite poor.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2019

Very comfortable beds and lovely showers.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The mini gym - half of the equipment was out of order Evening menu - not much choice for a vegetarian or healthy option

Very comfortable beds and lovely showers. Rooms very clean. Good range of food for breakfast. Friendly staff

Short business stay
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

It was freezing and the heating system didn’t do much. I chose the hotel for the size of the room and sofa so I wouldn’t be confined to the bed - the sofa was covered in stains and was quite filthy. The room overall was run down.

The location was very good and the shower was good

Sunday night in Birmingham
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

NCP car parking expensive at £14 for overnight and that’s with a 50 per cent discount

Great location, great view over the city! Late checkout as a IHG member

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

But all in all fantastic place and special thank you to...
    • Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

not a lot of toilet roll when we walked in if im honest.And there seemed to be a issue with the bed rolling forward so the pillows would drop down behind.

But all in all fantastic place and special thank you to Brandon again for helping us out.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2019

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Bed was very uncomfortable . Breakfast was poor 3 coffee machines non working so no coffee !! Parking was a headache Room layout not good tv too small Rooms were basic Wouldn’t return or recommend

Staff were friendly . Book in was quick

• Reviewed: January 26, 2019

in birmingham for a concert and knowing we had a nice room and bed to go back added to our enjoyment
    • Allocation on arrival

only stayed for one night but nothing we didn't like

everything exceeded our expectations staff were friendly and very helpful, room clean and lovely bathroom and shower, will definitely stay there again if we in Birmingham anytime in the future

Great customer service
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Great place to stay. Brandon on reception was highly professional and friendly and gave a seamless check in. Good location and perfect breakfast. Would recommend.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2019

The masses of positives outweighed the minor negatives and WE WILL BE BACK!!!!
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Sausages were a bit undercooked and taste wasn't pleasant. Only 1 coffee machine was working. No toiletries. And the telly wouldn't come on.

Food was good. Bar prices reasonable. Lovely room. Lovely staff. Amazing shower

Disappointed
    • Allocation on arrival

The bed was too soft and the shower was not a power shower hose was faulty

I loved the breakfast bacon I liked the contempery room was nice and. The room was nice and warm

• Reviewed: January 24, 2019

Very disappointed for first time using holiday inn could learn a lot from premier inn
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Carpet was wet by room door. Room was cold and just felt grubby sofa all stained. Not clear where to park with roadworks stressful to find. Booking.com thought car park included first time ever had to pay for parking with hotel made it very expensive. I parked at 10pm had to walk through deserted car park couple of mins walk felt very unsafe as a woman on a Saturday night. Basic reception area very high rise building had a room on 23rd floor! Receptionist not very friendly. Brother in icu Birmingham hospital reason for stay didn't have breakfast as hotel didn't seem clean.

Wouldn't eat breakfasr

• Reviewed: January 24, 2019

Very happy with every aspect of my stay. I will definitely stay again.

Nothing. Everything was fabulous

The staff. They were so helpful, nothing was to much trouble. The rooms were very clean & comfortable. The beds were lovely.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2019

Not impressed with the area manager or breakfast
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

We were accused of smoking weed, which I explained was not true and charged £100 without any notification. If I hadn’t checked my account I wouldn’t have been non the wiser and when I spoke to area manager he was really rude and offered no solution just that the room couldn’t be used.

The initial staff I met were so nice and gave us complimentary drinks for my partners birthday

• Reviewed: January 23, 2019

Really enjoyed the stay but was a bit disappointed with the inclusive breakfast on the Sunday
    • Allocation on arrival

The room was not very well restocked. We were left with only 1 towel and cleaning clothes were left on the floor in the room

The bed was very comfy and the shower was excellent

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

Fair for one night
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Bathroom dirty in places. Sofa bed covered in stains. Bits on the carpet in places. Noisy all night could hear conversation and TV from other rooms. Food was awful in evening. Didn't ask reception to change rooms as was already unpacked and just wanting to sleep by time I noticed. Reception particularly uninterested in the morning.

Breakfast was OK. Carpark nearby was very good. It was cheap.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

Pleasant stay, chill in the rooms,few options at breakfast but ok for 1 or two days, friendly staff
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The temperature in the room was no more than 19 C. Even you set the thermostat at a higher temperature after 15-20 min it jumps back to 19. So basically in the room was a constant temp of 19. My colleague has the same problem with the same @response @ of the system.

The room has all basic facilities necessary

• Reviewed: January 20, 2019

The place is advertised as serving hot and cold food all day...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The place is advertised as serving hot and cold food all day but in reality nothing was available till 6pm. Coming down to eat with two 4 year olds to be told that is not good

• Reviewed: January 20, 2019

The staff,food and facilities were excellent and well...
    • Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The heating in the room was playing up but otherwise all was good

The staff,food and facilities were excellent and well located if you have a child in the Birmingham children's hospital ( god forbid) Not too far to walk to the Bull Ring. Taxis are ok but expensive if you are stuck in traffic. Personally,we took the train there anyway.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2019

Amazing quiet and friendly would recommend highly
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Staff were super friendly food in down stairs restaurant amazing, very comphey bed only thing I would say is to put instructions above the electric supplie exsplaing to put your key card in the slot to turn electric in your room on but other than that great

• Reviewed: January 18, 2019

overall nice stay and good value for money.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

sofa bed was not working in two of three rooms we booked and staff told that technician not around.thogh in booking.com it showed that sofa beds are available.very bad breakfast ,nothing to talk about.everything was cold.

spacious rooms.staff friendly.location ok not great though.we requested extra quilt for children and were given.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

Perfect spot for a get away in the city centre, close to transportation and shops.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

There could have been more choices for breakfast, never the less, it was fine. Although I liked my room, the kettle and cups were not clean, but everything else was nice.

The location was excellent. Not far from town city and ease of access to buses and train station. Hotel staff were friendly and I had the opportunity to leave my bag, after checking out and collect at a later time.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

Unacceptav
    • Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing was working. The heating , the tv set, the telephone werenot working. They changed the room and it was the same. On departure they charged my credit card 26.85 i dont know for whar reason! Completely incompetent! I gave them a parking ticket to validate, they topd me i get 50 % off but no it didnot work I payed the whole amount! Completely liars ?,! Unacceptable Never again Acceptable!

• Reviewed: January 15, 2019

Ok quality for money
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

I didn't like the breakfast, only eggs, beans, sausage and bacon. Another thing i didn't liked was the cleanliness, hair from another person on the towels, dirty carpet, bed isn't comfortable because they keep trying to protect the mattress and with 2 covers you fill like sleeping on a duvet.

I liked we stayed at 16th floor, nice view.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

Very comfortable and worth coming back.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Nothing we didn’t like at all 😊

Excellent food. Beds were very comfortable. Brilliant location only 5-10 minutewalkfrom the centre of everything ie shops, restaurants, museums etc. Will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

Great place to stay.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The location was excellent. The Bull Ring Mall and station is within walking distance, and there are various food places and supermarkets within a few minutes. The staff was exceptionally good.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

Staff very friendly.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

We were unfortunate to have a group in the room beside us that decided to party through the night. The staff in fairness dealt with issue when brought to their attention in the very early hours!

Staff very friendly. Great system at breakfast and easy to manage with young children. Great location for access to transport and shopping.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2019

Great location, excellent service and a very comfy bed! Would stay again :)
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The TV was difficult to work initially (I'm not very good with technology!) but fine once I got used to it. Used the gym facilities but was disappointed that some of the machines I wanted to use that were out of order. Also, beware coffee drinkers, it comes out of the machine scalding hot so if you are in a rush add some milk.

After checking in I found that the TV didn't work, the staff made every effort to fix it and moved me to another room when this did not work, I did not want for anything during my stay and nothing was too much trouble. The room was big, the was bathroom spotless and the best thing of all was the bed! Comfy but firm and difficult to leave each morning for work! Good choice available at breakfast and the location was great; a short walk from the restaurants, office and train station (Snow Hill). I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2019

All to brief, but good fun and staff were really helpful.
    • Allocation on arrival

Car arrival was somewhat poorly signposted although heavy rain may have hindered navigation. The main problem was finding the hotel entrance after exiting the car park on 3rd floor. Better signposting would have been useful. Breakfast was hectic, which is not a problem, although staff were struggling to keep hot buffet stocked.

Super shower and high floor view. Great atmosphere among reception staff.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

Slightly disappointed
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Having ordered a room for 2 plus a ten year old the sofa bed had not been made. When we pulled it out all that was there was a stained quilt with no sheets or pillows. My 10 year old granddaughter wrote a letter that she left in the room with our address with what she saw as her concerns. No response has been received. The Sofa was also stained.

The room was reasonably sized the facilities good

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

The staff are the only thing that saves this place!
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are filthy! Stained sofas in both rooms we used! We had what sounded like an airplane engine for air con in the bathroom, changed rooms only to find another stained sofa and when we got home from a night out we realized we had no duvet! Absolutely amazed we called reception and the poor girl had to set her the entire hotel for over 20min to find one! Meanwhile I’m freezing in my pj’s! Fire drill was an absolute joke! 15min waiting for staff to guid us from assembly point then got fed up waiting and walked in to be told flippantly nah just a drill! There were still People with children left standing where we were so I told them to get a staff member to the exit point!

The staff are the only thing that saves this place! I didn’t complain again as they were all so cheerful and lovely to talk to but the hotel itself is not up to standard!

Chilled weekend break
    • Allocation on arrival

Last year we could get a hot drink anytime. Now it is limited to breakfast or in the rooms. Sometimes it is just nice to sit a people watch with a cup of coffee.

We have stayed at this location a year ago. It is clean friendly and in a quieter location but great for catching the train an easy to get to the hot spots.

Horrendous
    • Allocation on arrival

Room changed 3 times due to no heating and room stinking of cigarettes 3rd room phone didnt work no heating no remote control Breakfast is absolutely awful bacon u can use as a knife its that hard

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

The central heating in the room was not working . Two portable heaters provided but did very little. Changed rooms . Similar issues. Room very cold. Sofa bed was not made in the second room despite request. Phone not working which meant frequent trips downstairs to reception. I am a repeat guest but will have to try another hotel especially if visiting during winter.

Location. Most staff were courteous and helpful.

Disappointed this time round
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

I have used this hotel several times before with no problems, but on this ocassion the room fell below standard. Heating was temperamental. Weather was cold and heating did not warm up the room sufficiently. I was awoken half way through the night as it was freezing in the bed due to the heating. Carpets and the throw on the bed were very stained.

Reasonably cheap as was booked several months ago, and close to all public transport, and shops.

Comfortable, value for money
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast, too busy, lots of queues on the first day of our stay, would have liked more fresh fruit, and a little more variety for the cooked breakfast

Friendly staff, clean room lots of fresh towels

Below average
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

I would prefer a Premier Inn. The hotel and experience was below expectations albeit the staff were great the building furbishment and fabric was not aligned with the price point.

Just a Great Stay!
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Great stay! The staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. The facilities are great with the filling breakfast a good start to any day. The restaurant meals are very good, with a broad selection on the menu. The rooms are very comfortable and the internet is good. The off-site paid parking is not so convenient, however is minor inconvenience by comparison the advantages of this venue. A big "Thank you" to Dean (Manager on shift) who went above and beyond to assist us after check-in, and the fact he is a Villa fan was a bonus! Would definitely recommend this establishment, and certain to stay again.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

Unpleasant experience in a Budget hotel.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very cold at night despite the air condition. I had to request another mobile heater to keep the room warm. False fire alarm at 12.00 am created panic for everyone There was no hot water in the morning on my second night (could take a morning shower with the ice freezing water). The staff clarified that the boiler has gone off. The room was noisy with thin insulation. My sleep was disturbed by the noise from the traffic in the toad and people arriving late making noise in the corridor

Good location close to the train station and the city centre. Check in was very quick and the reception staff were helpful The room was specious and the towels were good size and the bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

Cleanness, quite, and location
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The breakfast time was so early especially if you are on holiday you would stay up late and not be able to wake up so early for the breakfast I wish the time was a little extended

Cleanness, quite, and location

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

The room was ok but had little sleep being so close to lifts...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The room was ok but had little sleep being so close to lifts also when people using toilets you can hear it flush through the pipe work and shower also no soap in shower dispenser nor the sink soap dispenser

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

The location is excellent for what we needed and only a...
    • Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

When I stayed there was no heating and the tv didn't work

The location is excellent for what we needed and only a short walk into the city centre. Great for site seeing.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

It was new and clean what more can I ask for.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The heating had broken in Jan and was freezing all night. In fairness to staff it was a super busy night so I couldn’t get hold of anybody to ask them to fix it.

It was new and clean what more can I ask for. The pictures on site are to true to life. Loved the bathroom

Never again
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

We had stayed here before (couple of years before) as a family and found it nice and comfortable so decided to book again during our visit, but we were let down by the unfriendly staff and horrible sofa bed. Couple of things definitely need improvement: I had made reservations through booking.com and specified sofa bed (as a family of 4) but was given a room without sofa bed. I called reception to check if someone would come over to make sofa bed and I was told of no request about sofa bed (though I have in email) and abruptly hang off call, I called them back again and without basic courtesy was told they are moving us to room next door which had sofa bed. But the sofa bed was worst I had ever slept on. Morning breakfast was cut short at 9:30 though it’s Saturday, manager or who looked after breakfast was far from being friendly as she locked the juice machine even after seeing us waiting for juice( rude at its height), as it was holiday period and Saturday, no one is going for business so no point closing breakfast at 9:30 - highly inconvenient hotel. It’s not FREE breakfast but inclusive of what we have paid. PLS CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

Ok but not good for value of the money
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Room was near to the main door of lobby, whenever the lobby door opens, somehow it was creating a push to our room door and the sound was coming. This happened several times during night which was very disturbing. No heater, though AC was there and maximum temperature was 25, I don't think it was working. We were feeling very cold. No toiletries present.

Check in was quick, ambience is good

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

It was just a room to stay at night.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Staff specially on arrival,was not polite, reluctant to give information about facilities and parking, answered questions with flat tone, TV was not working and could only manage next morning. Was left on our own for everything.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

Comfortable bed, clean bathroom, nice receptionist,...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Problem with setting the heating, only 2 cups for 3 people in the room, one teaspoon, our room wasn’t ready when we turn up at 3pm

Comfortable bed, clean bathroom, nice receptionist, breakfast was very good for money value

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

Would come again. Cleaning needs to be looked at in rooms

Carpets were nit hoovered prior to staying in the room. Same as last stay. Although beds were made no dusting was done. Still crumbs and stains on tables. Sofa bed ha stains

Breakfast was nice Rooms were nice Staff were very helpful

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

Excellent will stop at snow hill again
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing to dislike as far as I was concerned

Helpful staff.asked for quiet room as working nights the staff were very helpful in organising that for me.Did’nt hear a noise throughout my stay had two good days sleep.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2018

Watch out for the car parking charges at £14.

Car Park Charges Rude Cleaner Lift kept breaking

Watch out for the car parking charges at £14.00 a night and that is half price! Room was quite small considering we were staying four nights, the breakfast was lovely and I couldn't fault the hotel staff on reception who were really friendly andf accomodating aside from the cleaner who kept knocking on the door on the last morning despite the clear sign "No Housekeeping Required" when we had late check out booked until 2:00pm and when we told her that she was furious and rolling her eyes. Aside from that for my first visit to Birmingham i would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

will stay again but would need the above criticisms to be looked into please.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The croissants were hard not fresh, the bed/mattress needs changing as there was no support as we both rolled into the middle of the bed. I have stayed here in the past so was disappointed that this time was not as good.

the staff were friendly, free paper. rooms were good.

We Price Match