Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Burnley M65 Jct 10 3 stars

55 Pendle Way, Burnley, BB12 0TJ, United Kingdom

#4 of 6 hotels in Burnley

Relaxing comfortable stay- great breakfast.

It could've been a little cheaper.

The huge bed was fantastic- very comfortable. The shower was also a good size and the room was very spacious. At the front so no problem with the noise from the traffic.

I like the bar area.
    • Standard Room

Some staff very arrogant..... specialy a young women.....Next time when I book I will get her name ...other wishes I love it...it's great ....

I like the bar area....good clean...rooms are very comfortable.

6.0
    Clean and neat with beautiful view
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

I didn't like the fact that since the day I arrived I complained of the stopper stuck in the basin and i couldn't use until one day before i left. I also didn't like the fact that when I asked for my bedding to be changed because it was dirty, no one bothered to change it until we left.

I liked that the room was fairly clean and neat even though the curtains have a lot of dust on them.

Down stairs in the foyer dining area was over run by...

Down stairs in the foyer dining area was over run by children screaming and shouting and running between rables6 that were attending a drama exam. That spoilt a other wise nice meal

Rooms are basic, clean and comfortable for a short term stay.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Seems a little overpriced for the location

Rooms are basic, clean and comfortable for a short term stay. Love that breakfast is included - the buffet is generally very good.

Rooms dirty not worth the money.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The carpets in rooms 212 and 218 we’re filthy. In room 212 the shower door was broken and the bathroom door had a hole that was filled with sealer (badly). Not what I was expecting not returning.

Food was ok and priced competitively. Reception and dining room ok.

Enjoyable stay although very brief

Lovely staff but no one was on reception when we arrived. Didn’t notice any bell to ring for assistance.

Staff allowed our children to practice for their gymnastics competition in a function room.

This was our third stay here and we will be back.

Had evening meal veg was raw and chicken very dry. Wouldnt eat there again. But breakfast was excellent

Breakfast was very good. Staff all very friendly. Beds and pillows very comfy.

Clean, spacious, great breakfast buffet. Food menu could be improved
    • Standard Room

limited vegetarian/vegan food options, Greek salad was missing half the ingredients + no apology/explanation/replacement food offered. Some staff could improve on motivation & customer-friendliness

very clean, spacious room, well air-conditioned, comfortable beds, great breakfast buffet, hot iron and ironing board available on request, free parking

Good customer service (friendly staff) Mostly very clean...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The grout in the shower looked a little tired, only one of my pet hates but other than that no other issues.

Good customer service (friendly staff) Mostly very clean and breakfast great.

Pretty standard
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

As we weren’t part of the group booking or an ihg member it was very obvious we weren’t a priority. Although two staff there at checkout only one was serving customers there was no acknowledgement we were checking out or asking how the stay was.

Next to motorway but if window is closed can’t really hear it. Decent breakfast although the prep area was very cramped and for the price it would be nice to have tea/coffee served. The bed and pillows were the comfiest hotel ones I’ve used for a good long time.

Clean, good access most staff very pleasant.
    • Standard Room

Arrived to be told we could not order food by the person on reception, who must of been having a bad day. According to the web site the restaurant was open for another 20 mins. Usually no issues and would be my first choice but after this stay this hotel is at the bottom of my list and I would rather pay more for better customer service after a 7 hour drive.

Clean, good access most staff very pleasant.

Excellent two nights stay

nothing to dislike

Lovely breakfast and good nights sleep Visited before so knew what to expect Spotlessly clean and staff were lovely Will be returning in the near future when visiting relations again

It was pleasant enough for what we needed it for.
    • Standard Room

The bar prices were very expensive breakfast was adequate. The noise from outside hotel main road. And the adjoining door in door when the people in room next door came in could hear them talking.

We went for a football match and it was very close to ground which is what we were looking for.

Pleasant stay.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

WiFi did not work in the room it was intermittent.

Staff were extremely helpful. Asked for a pencil so my daughter could do her homework and they found one. It’s the little touches like that that matters

Very Good - I had car trouble and that was the reason for my traveling to a specialist in Hapton.
    • Standard Room

Scrambled eggs only option. Big screen TV had lovely picture but I think Philips could have consulted their Marantz hi-fi division on the sound front (just being picky here !) Triple glazing would have cut down road noise but the proximity to the M65 is handy

Bed was comfortable; nice option on the pillows. Moonlight nightlight in the toilet a very good idea - you don't want a slap in the eyes at 3 am which is more typical of these places. Nice big screen TV. Breakfast nice to be included - option on the scrambled eggs perhaps. I generally enjoyed the stay...kind regards, Chris List

Great room.

The bedroom doors all slam unless held. The return arms need adjusting. So many guests do not care.

Great room. Quiet except for rude stayers and their doors. Glad not on the motorway side of the hotel.

Overall a good stay and exactly what we needed for our budget
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The air conditioning worked when it wanted to. Shampoo dispenser in the shower was empty and the case in the room phone was missing buttons, it still worked but didn't look to appealing.

The bed was comfortable, the rooms very spacious.

Good food, pleasant staff but sort out the internal doors.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The door to another room didn't actually have a lock. Both our room or the other room could enter each other with no problem. As you can imagine, this is not acceptable in this day and age, just put a normal key lock on it and only unlock it when you have a family staying using both rooms..... simple.

Nice breakfast and dinner, modern design of building & pleasant staff.

Great friendly clean helpful stay
    • Standard Room

Nothing really, would have liked to have paid a little less but you get what you pay for.

Clean, staff were very polite and friendly. Good location and breakfast was very good and had a variety.

Good location but needs more attention to maintenance.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The TV in the room didnt work, the bathroom light constantly flickered and made you feel dizzy. It advertised that your bed is made with both a set of soft and hard pillows but was only made with one set.

I liked the location as easy to get to

The holiday inn express takes in dhss and homeless people as...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The holiday inn express takes in dhss and homeless people as a lot of hotels do. However they had an Asian lady with 2 little ones camped almost in the bar reception area. Been there for 4 months. Distressing to see. The staff were stressed dealing with 2 bored kids etc. Wouldn’t stay there again.

Fabulous
    • Standard Room

The reception staff were fabulous without being intrusive ...check in was quick..didn't know what to expect from a big chain hotel but exceeded my expectations would definitely stay again

Amazing!
    • Standard Room

The customer service staff were amazing chris the lady on with him and the night staff absolutely went above and beyond and were 10 star thank you for making our staff amazing

Homely, reasonable and we love it

There is nothing we don’t like that’s why we come back , although it would lovely to have a bath but that’s no big issue

I love the convenience for us where it is positioned close to our family and it is such a friendly relaxed place to stay that’s why we stay at least 4 times a year

Excellent location with very good facilities.
    • Standard Room

Everything at the hotel was OK. It was difficult to find the hotel using our SatNav. It appeared that the hotel was on the motorway.

The location was perfect for us - we were attending a funeral service at a church nearby. There was a large car park. The lounge and dining areas were very comfortable with TV's mounted on the walls. The evening meal was very good with efficient service and the buffet breakfast was great for our needs. The price that we paid was excellent.

Good place to stay
    • Standard Room

I booked a double room and got a twin room, alought the room was clean the carpet and chairs were badly soiled and gave an unclean impression.

The location for me was perfect, good layout of the restaurant and lounge area and hotel was bright and clean.

good but far from perfect
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Arguing till gone 3am in corridor not enough hot drink facilities in room also children not impressed as on website said pool but theres not one would not stay again unless had to as false advertising

Breakfast excellent room bit small not enough drink in rooms eg tea n coffee sugar n milk x kept awake till after 3am due to arguing in corridor

No better budget hotel.
    • Standard Room

Hotel staff were really friendly and helpful, nothing better than finding a lovely smiling face after a long and delayed journey. Room was exceptional as ever and the breakfast was everything I have come to expect from this excellent chain of hotels.

Did the job with no frills
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Problems with checking in had two rooms books months in advance and pre checked. On one room when we return late at night after a wedding. Not happy but sorted

Good breakfast

Just wanted a cheap stay to break a long journey ..
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Road noise was horrendous even with closed windows ... barely slept. No one on reception when I arrived ... had to stand around for 15 mins then ask someone in the bar ... no bell to ring for attention. Tears and holes in carpet in various places ... looked worn out and in need of new carpet

Overall enjoyed stay, would recommend and stay again but wasn’t amazing.
    • Standard Room

The bed seemed to be smaller than when we last stayed (different room). The travel cot was hard (they changed for a different one).

Staff very helpful and place was clean.

We will stay again, it is a great hotel but details do matter!
    • Standard Room

We always strip the bed to help the chambermaids. Unfortunately the hotel was let down by a very grubby mattress protector. If we had seen it prior to sleeping we would have asked for a change of room. A real shame as everything else was great. No complaints about the sheets etc.

Friendly staff, good breakfast and comfortable room.We really liked this hotel.

Overall great stay just the little hiccup at the start.
    • Standard Room

The staff that checked us it’s the hotel said we could go straight up at 2:30 so we went to the room and it was still as the previous guests left it as the cleaner had not yet seen to that room.

Crossiants were so nice! And the place was really clean as a whole and friendly staff.

Disappointing break
    • Standard Room

Would have been nice to have a bath in the bathroom. Also the breakfast was really poor, the scrambled eggs weren't nice and could have been more choice for the hot breakfast items.

The bed was conmfy and the room was a good size

Emergency snow stopover but excellent hotel

Lacking like tinned tomatoes and mushrooms at breakfast - just me being picky I guess

Nice comfy bed and nice shower. Reception was great with me; even with me checking in just before midnight. Breakfast was included and was sooo nice with the help-yourself idea. Booked this last minute due to the snow but I'm glad I did :)

Fantastic

Nothing, Everything was perfect

Very clean, staff were excellent, and very friendly, superb breakfast, would recommend anyone to stay here Fantastic value

Pillow choice was meant to be “soft” or “firm” I don’t think...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Pillow choice was meant to be “soft” or “firm” I don’t think either anything but hard.. luckily I took a soft blanket that I wrapped up to make a pillow.

2 night stay for me and family excellent.

Nothing to mind

Staff nothing too much trouble for them .comfortable rooms.cleanliness and food very nice.plenty car parking space and a lift to all floors overall the hotel exceeded all expectations.

Very basic, bit tired and dreary, bad food but comfortable and clean enough for business trip.
    • Standard Room

The hot water wasn't working properly in the hotel, but there was no apology for this, instead we were told to take a shower not at peak time. How, when you're on a business trip? No deductions/compensations because of this either. We also were charged different rates for different nights which was bizarre. Food was terrible too, as well as being overpriced.

The staff were friendly and opened the restaurant early.

Perfect stay!
    • Standard Room

The tv would of been better on the wall opposite the bed and maybe a mirror above the dressing table. In all honesty the room was perfect !!!!

We were visiting family in Colne so the location was perfect! Even though the hotel was by a dual carriage way you never would of known it!! It was quiet and comfortable. Room had a sofa in as well as a big comfortable bed! The cleanliness of the room was second to none!!! There was plenty of parking space which is free, WiFi worked as well if needed. The room was super big. Bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. Staff were so kind and always smiling. The shower was powerful-excellent! Overall really lovely stay, slept really well, the room was brilliant ! We would definitely stay again!!!

The Hotel & its facilities were excellent & I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

Lighting in the room - there was no central light

The check-in process was excellent & location of Room 32 was ideal for quick & easy access in & out of the Hotel. All the staff we met were particularly friendly & helpful.

All in all, the stay was good! Friendly staff and we had everything we needed.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The pillows were a bit too firm for our liking, and the sausages at breakfast seemed to have been sat a while and were tough. There wasn't enough sugar for our tea/coffee in the room - one pack of white sugar and one pack of brown sugar. Would have liked more.

There was a single bed for my son and the shower was excellent. The croissants were delicious and there was plenty of choice for my picky son at breakfast too. The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly and there was a note in our room saying we could ask at Reception for anything we may have forgotten.

I would use this Hotel again without hesitation.

Roads in the area are in very poor condition, Watch out for pot holes even on the motorway slip road M65. Room heating took some time to get warm. Evening meals could have been larger for the cost. Burgers are very nice :)

Everything I required was there at a great price. Evening meal, football on widescreen TV in lounge, bar, breakfast, comfortable room with private en suite. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Great Staff - and good hotel
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The sofa bed for kids was really uncomfortable and both refused to sleep on it - I did and I agree it was awful!! the breakfast was a bit random and the service was non existent - they need to look to Premier Inn for help. having said that they did provide gluten free cereal and soya milk on request.

Staff were really helpful and sorted out a change of room, TV remote and made sure there were gluten free items for breakfast. All speedily with no fuss. Hotel was really clean and you can open a window - which we all appreciate in the age of air con. everything else in room was fine and pillows were great.

We should have asked for a room at the front as we like to...

We should have asked for a room at the front as we like to sleep with the widow open ,the road noise was terrible so loud we had any sleep,apart from that we can’t fault our stay.

Comfortable and reliable.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Always guaranteed a comfortable stay - not much to do close by, but when visiting Padiham can appreciate options are limited. Staff are wonderful and the included breakfast is always good. Rooms are a decent size, if not perhaps a little overpriced given the location.

Clean warm and comfortable.
    • Standard Room

Clean warm and comfortable. The Staff were second to none for their friendenles and so so helpfull with everything...nothing was any trouble for them.

It’s was okay... because of the things in room we’re not given
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Amenities in room should be provided like slippers like soap , tooth brushes and there should be mini bar in room

Room should have big for families.. amenities in toilet were not provided... so it just a room to stay,.. didn’t meet holiday inn requirements...

Wecloming, friendly, spotlessly clean and the best breakfast in town!
    • Standard Room

Nothing - cannot be faulted on anything.

Once again a lovely stay at the Holiday Inn Burnley - a very warm welcome from friendly and helpful staff, spotlessly clean comfy room and the best breakfast in town!

Really enjoyed our stay, and would stay again. We enjoy staying at holiday inns.
    • Standard Room

Could have done with more tea and coffee in the room. But asked at reception and lady gave us plenty.

Bed was comfy shower was great. Staff were great breakfast was not bad, had a decent choice and the orange juice was good. Good selection of tea.

Ok but not great
    • Standard Room

Very cold room, drafty window in room. Could hear the road traffic noise. Carpet was stained looked scruffy. Food in restaurant in evening was awful, over cooked chewy chicken fillet burger, salad not very fresh.

Comfy bed, good size room & generally clean.

Enjoyable stay over the festive period.good value for money.super friendly staff .Would highly recco
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

More vegetarian options for breakfast I.e vegetarian sausages.bacon etc

Enjoyed my stay.staff were friendly.room was comfy.breakfast buffet was included which was nice

Ticks all the boxes
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Location a little out of centre but would be perfect if you had a car and taxis were affordable.

Lou from front office was super lovely. Room was perfect, clean, bed was a lot more comfortable than expected, shower was incredible. Good selection for breakfast.

Really good value for money. Rooms to a good standard
    • Standard Room

Serving breakfast only up to 9.30 and there was no flexibility if you were after this time. It should be extended to 10.00 at holiday week days eg between Christmas and New Year.

Very disappointing end to an otherwise good family day on Boxing Day
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Uncomfortable bed, smelly towels and room had not been properly cleaned. There was noise throughout the night and nothing was done about it.

Nice enough breakfast

Everything is first class here - superb rooms, lovely staff and fab breakfast!
    • Standard Room

Nothing. The Holiday Inn Burnley cannot be faulted on anything at all.

Wonderful in every way - lovely staff, rooms spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The breakfast is super and really sets you up for the day. Highly recommended.

Nearly £6 for 2 teas and no hot water offered.

Just improve the above

Nearly £6 for 2 teas and no hot water offered. Our room only had 3 tea bags 2 sugars. Toast took ages for breakfast. Aircon wasn't cool enough. People should be told about the noise from the M65 my wife bearly slept we are back over Burnley and will ask for the front of the hotel.

Enjoyable
    • Standard Room

Not in a great location for amenities - 10 minute walk to the only takeaway and awkward to walk down to town (either by canal during daylight or footbridge over the motorway).

Staff were helpful and accommodating.

Just right
    • Standard Room

Perhaps serve till 10.00 then I get chance to sleep, run along the lovely canal and have breakfast and shower

All good. Good sized mugs sausages much improved. Good selection, staff helpful . Good value for money.

Not the premier
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Tv only worked on BBC the room was cold. We stayed for 9 nights linen changed on last day. The room was not cleaned well always something missing tea coffee liquid soap towel etc no eye for detail. We returned to our room on the last night to find they had changed linen and tv why not do this sooner. When we went and asked every day regarding the tv we were made to feel do not bother us we are trying. We paid a lot of money for the use of the facilities which we didn't get. If we had stayed at the premier inn it would have been put right or refund offered. They said premier was there rivals I can honestly say the Premier has nothing to worry about

Good beds

Comfy stay but let down with some cleanliness and other issues.

One of the bins had not been emptied and the toilet hadn't been flushed, a bulb wasn't working either. There were also signal issues with the TV and although this was mentioned it just added to the disappointment. I have stayed in previous Holiday Inns and have never had these issues.

Bed very comfy and shower was hot and powerful.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Otherwise, everything fine.
    • Standard Room

An idiot was doing FACETIME with a friend on his phone, at excessive volume so that everyone present could hear. UNACCEPTABLE. 1] do that in your own room 2] buy some earphones and speak quietly. 3] Use technology sensibly and think about others.

The breakfasts are fine. Plenty of choice. The food is fine. The breakfast area/kitchen [not dining room] is way too small, when the hotel is busy. I enjoy breakfast TV [BBC1] at breakfast.

Very relaxing and enjoyable.

Door banging from other guests, I arrived early 1pm but could not check in till 2pm, had to leave so came back at 5.30pm.

The bed was so comfortable, the room nicely sized, service was 100%, food in restaurant excellent, love it and will stay again next time in Burnley. Thank-you

location was our main requirement
    • Double Room - Disability Access

room was very cold heating did not work -night receptionist could not get it to function= small heaters provided were inadequate

all services were available

Location, modern hotel, clean, good size car park

Breakfast could be better, the range is a little limited, the quality of the food isn’t the greatest. During our stay there was a family left to run around screaming/shouting during breakfast, while the rest of the guests were trying to squeeze into 1/4 of the room just to keep away from this family.

Location, modern hotel, clean, good size car park

Nice but have experienced better
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

TV reception was terrible and staff just put up a notice to say they were dealing with it but someone who stayed before told me it always happens

Nice hotel rooms

The staff were very efficient and pleasant also very helpful...

Nothing to dislike

The staff were very efficient and pleasant also very helpful l did complain that the room was cold as it had been frosty and the air conditioning was not working and l had a heater placed in my room within about 15 minutes very efficient.

Disappointing for a second time. We probably won’t be back & can’t recommend this hotel.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Room was cold- heating not working properly. Poor heating system when it is working. Our second visit & unbelievably we were given a room with defective heating again!! The breakfast was fine but the pleasant breakfast area was spoilt by being on the cool side too.

Convenient for our needs. Comfortable bed,clean.

Pleasant as we were staying there before we were moving into our house that we have bought in Bacup
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

There is no children's menu the food was good by not suitable for children aged 3 and 5

The staff were very helpful due to us having to stay an unexpected another night and move to another room

good clean hotel, close to the motorway for easy access,

I was a bit disappointed to find the service breakfast also expected us to take our trays back which I expect at McDonalds but not in a hotel. I thought the evening meals were expensive, look beautiful but didn't taste as good.

clean comfortable rooms, I slept well considering the hotel was very busy.

Excellent stay will come back next month
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The shower head did not fit the shower stand

excellent service, breakfast was really nice, had a nice selection of food. WiFi was strong and the staff were lovely especially Lou in Burnley

Not impressed
    • Twin Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Long wait for dinner+ did not get pre- ordered take away breakfast I preordered the night befpre. End up wasting more time in the morning to do take away myself. What is the point of pre-order food?

Short and sweet stay!
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

There were no plugs next to the bed and in the whole room only 2 next to the desk. The bed was a little hard but that's only because I'm used to a softer bed. There seemed to be a constant sound which disturbed my sleep. I couldn't work out where it was coming from as I had shut the bathroom door and turned off the aircon. The restaurant didn't really have a varied selection of food and price wise it was on par with London prices! There was no children's menu and only 3 items to choose from. As we didn't arrive by car and it was dark we didn't really know the area to venture out so we ordered a take out instead.

Chris the duty manager was exceptional. There were 10 of us staying for a family wedding. The hotel was excellent value for money. The room was a decent size for a family of 4. The sofa bed for the kids seemed a little unstable but as long as they were just sleeping was fine! Breakfast, there was a good choice of food and we certainly didn't leave hungry.

Spacious bedroom
    • Double Room - Disability Access

What was really annoying is twice in a row kids were knocking my door at night and woke me up to spend the rest of the night listening to noises and shouting all night. I complained to the reception but nothing was done. Very limited choices for the breakfast. Broken TV. No iron or fridge. I stayed for five days and found the stay disappointing.

Spacious bedroom