Reviews of Holiday Inn Farnborough This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Lynchford Road, Farnborough, GU14 6AZ, United Kingdom

#6 of 6 hotels in Farnborough

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

A conveniently placed hotel and if the rate is reasonable, worth a try
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was cold, eggs rubbery, had obviously been out for a long time. Staff at reception seem unable to make any sort of recompense, either by discounting stay, or vouchers for drinks which we've had in the past. The guy checking out beside me complained about not sleeping because of squeaky floorboards above - no recompense. Premiere Inn would not have charged him for his stay!

Main reason we paid the high price this week-end is because the hotel has air con. Staff in the bar area extremely helpful

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Will definitely be back here as and when the price is right!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We complained about nothing on this visit!

The best thing about this hotel, given the current hot weather, is that it has air conditioning that works! Good Breakfast, comfortable room, just what you would expect.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Fine for overnight stay but lacks in atmosphere, pics not showing surroundings which are a bit dull

A bit anonymous but was expected. The towels were not as fresh and were used and worn out a bit. Would have liked crispier and whiter towels.

Fresh and tidy room. The parking , only stayed over the night on travel.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

acceptable

The room was above the events room hosting a dinner/dance, hence very noisy. Why not give these rooms to guests who are attending these functions ?

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Very enjoyable, the place was above standard expectation and the staff were excellent.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything as described... bonus. Staff were well informed, warm and friendly and very professional; especially the girls on the desk who recovered and sent on my missing watch. Also, ate breakfast and dinner, both very good.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Comfortable, clean and catered for all our needs.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We were given a room on arrival (341) but when we tried to get in the chain was on and a man came out and said it was his room. We went back to reception with our bags and were given room 115 which was at the back of what appeared to be the staff car park. It met our needs but we did wonder whether it was to the same standard as our original room. In any event, the duty manager gave us a free drink voucher to make up for the error. This did not really take away from our enjoyment of the stay there and was quite a nice gesture.

Excellent facilities and very comfortable

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

breakfast room too small to cater for numbers and waiting involved.

Noise

room was overlooking roundabout and traffic noise all night - very squeaky floorboards both in our room and room above and people moving about very early above in the morning from about 5am

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

A good value hotel with great staff and fantastic breakfast, let down only by a brick wall view!

This hotel wins the award for the worst view ever! Basically faced out onto a brick wall that was about 8ft away. Luckily we were staying only for one night and it was somewhere to rest our heads, not reflect on the stunning local vista! Wouldn't put me off staying there again, far from it, but just not in that room. I now know what a night in the cells must feel like!

Good location, good value and clean. Staff were very helpful and efficient. Particular thanks to the Asian (British/Indian) gentleman on reception who managed to find me a charger for my old Nokia and let me keep it for my on going road trip. Also to the very friendly young waitress at breakfast who was keen, enthusiastic and genuine! Breakfast was awesome with great selection of good quality cooked items as well as good selection of other pastries, juices and cereals.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Glad to go home

Thiness of walls as Saturday nite couple next room arguing from 9:30pm till 2:30pm 730am 845am could hear every word was not pleasant, A REAL DOMESTIC.some refurbished work had been done but finish in our bathroom was poor to say at best,plus cleanliness was not the best lots of hair in a lot of places

Location , good parking

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Room was basic, bathroom was small.

The service in the restaurant wasn't great, we put our things down at the table we were shown to, then went to get our food, when we came back another family were sat at our table?? The breakfast seemed like everything had been deep fried??? Very greasy, not to my liking.

Room was basic, bathroom was small. Overall ok but not sure I would stay again.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Helpful service staff and great location.
    • Executive Room

The air conditioner in our room was very noisy and kept us awake. There is no lift to upstairs bedrooms (a real pain with Heavy suitcases) and the “heat lamp” breakfast was only just ok

Helpful service staff and great location. Very clean and fair pricing

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

We like this hotel and will definitely stay there again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We struggled a bit to get the air conditioning to the right temperature, although hotel staff offered to come and sort it out when we complained. We also complained about noisy guests above us, who woke us at 4 am and management immediately went to sort the problem and gave us vouchers for free drinks.

The location of this hotel is good for us. The rooms vary, on this visit we had a smaller double bed which was OK but we much prefer the 6' wide one! Facilities in the room are good and we like the 'self-serve' breakfast, many options to choose from.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Fantastic stay, thoroughly enjoyed. The gardens are beautiful too! Will be back!

The price of drinks at the bar. An idea would be to put some patio heaters on the patio in the seating area, to make the cooler nights more enjoyable l.

The customer service and how new, modern and clean the hotel was

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Not happy
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The sink in the bedroom was loose and could have easily been pull off by a child, need I say any more. Reported it straight away nothing was done over the 2 days we were there. Also cups in the room were not cleaned or changed when the room was done. Restaurant very poor choice and over priced for what you got.

Pool

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

A good location and facility
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Sadly there was no internet due to an issue with it and the phone signal was very poor therefore I had to go outside to get a signal which is not ideal.

Overall the staff were very helpful and the hotel was very clean and comfortable

Poor for the money.

Bed the most uncomfortable ive ever slept in in a holiday inn.shower broken barely working.no time to complain or change rooms we were in a rush all the time.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

100% wouldnt stay again, check out the view of the room and for comments on the WIFI.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is £12 person - most places offer it for £10.. I had dinner once in the 4nights I was here. £22 for a chicken burger and chips with a humous dip. With this I had a jug of water. I thought it was expensive. I ate out for the rest of the week. You can order twice as much food from Nanods for leas money. Average meal on the menu was £15+. I understand I'm in a hotel but when the food court near Morrisons is a 5minute drive with free parking, why would I pay Hotel prices for less food? My room was opposite/next to the roundabout-heard nothing but traffic for the duration of my stay. See photo attached for the view. Farnborough/Aldershot has the most amount of boy racers/loud motorbikes after 8pm than anywhere I’ve ever been before, you get the delight of hearing them race round the roundabout. No WIFI throughout the duration of my stay. Multiple phone calls to the front desk during my stay to ask why the WIFI still didnt work. I had a 1/10 chance of someone picking up the phone on front desk. They either ignored the calls or it was manned. I saw this as really poor service. Loud music was playing for over an hour approx 9pm - 10pm on one of the nights. It appeared to come from the room above. I called the front desk 4 times. On the 4th time they answered. The duty manager came up to see where the noise was coming from. It wasnt from upstairs. It was actually coming from the room below. This was the conference room. It was turned off immediatly - good customer service which was rare. However, soon as the music turned off (approx 2210), for around 40minutes all I could hear were really loud bangs that shook the floor of my room. I was on the phone at this time and it was loud enough for my friend to ask what the banging around is. Similar to someone packing away large audio music equipment into flight/peli cases. This was also really annoying. The booking was based on a business booking.

Overall cleanliness was ok. The bed was comfy, an the water from the shower was warm.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

We attended a 40th birthday and the staff were fantastic!

We had booked a double room but was given a twin. We asked to move and the room has a double bed but was very small. So we moved back to the original room and just moved the beds together

The room was modern and very comfortable. The decor was beautiful and spa facilities a nice bonus.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Very pleasant and convenient.

Sound proofing could be better. We could hear every word the room next door said and also we could hear the room up stairs walking around. Healthier options for the cooked breakfast would have been good. Like chicken sausages or low fat bacon medallions. Also the option for poached eggs could have been advertised.

The room was very clean and comfortable. the breakfast was definitely worth it. I liked the fact they had a nice select of bread with some artisan style bread too.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Room comfort , Hotel convenience, Helpful staff.

Sadly the cooked breakfast was lurk warm, seems to have been standing for some while, disappointing as we were first down in the restaurant. Other parts of the breakfast had good variety , good selection.

Room comfort , Hotel convenience, Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Family break
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

Several problems with magnet key for the bedroom door. Bathroom not refurbished at the same quality as the bedroom. Too many doors and stairs to access the bedroom. Definitely not wheelchair friendly.

New decorated bedrooms. Nice swimming pool. Nice breakfast. Friendly and welcoming staff.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Disappointed with overall stay, couldn't wait to leave. Decided to go before having breakfast

Food expensive for what it is, noisy restaurant, too many children running around unsupervised by parents, gym too small and water dispenser broken.

Room

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

It was adequate

All the above.

Wi-fi didn't work/ Air Conditioning preset so room was stuffy. Poor paint work in re-painted bathroom. Chipped bath should be replaced.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

Clean ,comfortable ,friendly
    • Executive Room

Can't be helped but just the paint smell ,my husband has asthma the manager put in our room a device that cleared the air .

It has been refurbished although it smelt of paint it exceeded all my expectations .

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

The booking in was a pain it took 45mins to book in as they...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The booking in was a pain it took 45mins to book in as they couldn't find our booking and I ended up having to send the booking confirmation to the reception before they could book him in. apparently the booking confirmation no and pin has nothing to do with them.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Never enough tea/coffee in room. Had to constantly top up.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

BEWARE: NO LIFT. I didn't notice on booking whether absence of a lift was highlighted. I have bad left hip and was at the time of stay experiencing a bad bout of bronchitis. Stairs to room a bit arduous to say the least. Staff not very sympathetic to my plight.

Great breakfasts. Offers continental and cooked so PLENTY to eat first thing in the mornings. Ordered room service for breakfast (full cooked). Very good and hot food. Able to eat in the comfort of own room.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Smart and good value

It's a popular wedding reception venue, but can be noisy for others using the hotel.

Smart following an extensive refurbishment. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Typical holiday inn experience
    • Executive Room

Not enough tea and coffee in hospitality tray. Breakfast experience was BASIC. COLD unwelcoming cafeteria style breakfast room. Ill thought out/ planned. Tried to get some jam for my toast...had to bend down to preserve table...far too low. No dishes to put the jam in, nowhere to put my plate while I man handled the oversized jam pots. I gave up in the end. Only one fried egg in Buffett area, no bananas in fruit bowl. Very poor

Friendly welcome

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

I couldn't recommend this hotel to anybody, the rooms were expensive and totally uninspiring
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was cold and I couldn't get heating thermostat to work. The room was dated and dull. If I had paid £70 rather than £163 I would have thought it was acceptable but it looks like the hotel owners are complacent due to demand for rooms.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

Satisfactory but a few small, easily resolvable niggles stopped it being great.

The refurbished rooms were not fully checked and finished off before occupation. Cooked breakfast over cooked. For those allowed to check out at 2pm, irritating to have to get room key reactivated twice after 12 midday when there were queues to check in.

Staff attitude-very positive.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

Nice, but no more than that.

Overpriced, breakfast not included in the overpriced room and pillows (why do you only supply marshmallow pillows?). Parking is tight if you have a larger car. And it has timber floors - noise from a room above could definitely be a problem for some.

Well presented, very clean and tidy, comfortable and good leisure facilities.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

Good would go back.
    • Executive Double Room

The electrical outlet location was not ideal. There was also no alarm clock in the room which was a little disappointing.

Room was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

Very good be back again next year

Because we didn't have breakfast on our deal we paid for it everyday but it's only a little thing but there was anything advertised about how much breakfast was

The variety

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

Comfortable fullfilled our needs very well.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Only matter to draw attention too: the bathroom needs some attention, the basin was very slow to empty, as was the toilet system. No problem with the bath.

Bedroom excellent spacious , beds very comfortable, adequate bathroom space and layout, Breakfast excellent good range and variety.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

Great Location for Aldershot.

Room was a little cold on arrival. Heating worked once turned on.

Staff very friendly and helpful.. Great breakfast. Very quiet. Handy for the Panto in Aldershot!

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

The reception staff were very helpful, however, the swimming...

The reception staff were very helpful, however, the swimming pool had been closed for renovations for some weeks but this was not clearly advertised on booking.com. Also, we asked for a quiet room at the back of the hotel but we were given the room above the conservatory with the traffic lights right outside. They gave us a newly renovated room which was lovely but had several cracked floor tiles in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2017

Great location and facilities.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately on our visit the Jacuzzi was broken in the spa but this is understandable that these things happen so not a bad thing.

Amazing location and great for the price. The staff were incredibly helpful and went out of their way to help us

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Not over impressed
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room’s heating wouldn’t work so had cold room all night and there was a noise like a generator on constantly so we didn’t sleep very well.

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: November 25, 2017

Convenient stay for business trip

Still looks quite tired though some of it has been renovated. Staff were well meaning but seemed new or busy or both.

It was near Farnborough airport so convenient for business. There is parking outside although it takes a little effort to find (Google would have you go to the wrong entrance). Dinner menu and food is good.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

Bed was comfortable.

The hotel is VERY run down, by far the shabbiest Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at (probably has put me off the chain for life). The carpets were threadbare, mould on the window surrounds (photo's to support) and the bathroom was very worn out. While the staff were pleasant and the place was clean, it could not take away that feeling that I was staying at the Bates Motel. The photos on Booking.com do not reflect the actual rooms or facilities.

Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

Comfortable, relaxing overnight stay in an easy-to-find location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Key card de-activated before the check-out time, so we couldn't get back in our room after going to the pool; however the Reception staff were very helpful.

Love the pool and spa area. Staff very polite and helpful. Everything seemed to be running smoothly despite the refurbishment in progress. Bar meal was good.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

Comfortable straight forward stay.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Little bit dated but that is why they are currently going through a renovation project. Don't think they should have swimming lessons in the hotel pool. Costs should be clearer. We were offered breakfast at 10 pound per person but online it showed over 16 pound per person. Consistency should be key.

Very friendly helpful staff, comfy bed, parking included. We like how straight forward booking into a holiday inn is. No issues always explained, room always ready and exactly what you had booked and requested.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Good friendly staff great facilities really enjoyed our stay

Room was a little warm had to sleep with window open

The staff ensured that we were well looked after. The room had absolutely everything we needed including iron and board

• Reviewed: October 28, 2017

Disappointing and questionable value
    • Executive Room

Each night i ordered room service it was incorrect when it arrived. The rooms were tired looking and i know they are in the process of refreshment. The net curtains in the room were almost black with dirt! But please note once refurbishment is complete i am sure all will be improved.

The reception staff were really good

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Value for money, just what I wanted, perfect stay for me.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Cups and glasses were left in the corridors from the morning we checked in till the morning after, housekeeping didn't collect them which made the corridors look messy

Fab selection for breakfast and dinner menu

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Expensive for what you get.......
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

Hotel is starting to show signs of ageing, locals even commented on how much it has gone down hill. Bathroom was not very nice and room basic. Food was very expensive at circa £15 for a burger and drinks too with a fruit shoot at £2 a go. This hotel is charging London prices in a less than desirable location, over £100 for a nights stay with no breakfast included, I wont be staying again. Friends stayed in the premier inn locally for £30 and £5 for breakfast and took great delight in rubbing it in too after finding out what we had paid....

Swimming Pool was good to keep the kids occupied for a couple of hours. Good parking.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2017

disapointing
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

unfortunately no hot water first morning so a lot of boiled kettles. Room service took nearly 2 hours to arrive although compensation was given after asking for it, not what was expected for a relaxing weekend.

Bedroom was good and breakfast excellent

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

Thieves with no room service or drinking water.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I booed it under "free cancellation" but hotel (via booking.com) changed it to "no cancellation" and forced me to pay upfront. Totally unacceptable, effectively stealing. Took over 30 minutes to get through to room service to place an order. Drinking water broke during the night so had to buy water from the reception desk.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

Satisfactory for a one night stay.

Room furniture a bit Minimalist. Room size only just adequate. All rooms should have a safe !

Friendly Staff. Enjoyed the Pool. Not disturbed by evening function, despite warning.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2017

Nice but left us thinking they need training in data protection .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Being allocated room 345 the last room at the furthest point of the hotel.

Confused to find our room had been allocated to another member of our family.... The hotel had discussed our booking despite it booked totally separate from the other three bookings. Not sure how this happened and accept that some our party share the blame, however the hotel must not discuss other guests bookings, particularly if we were not present....

• Reviewed: September 20, 2017

Wouldn't go there again
    • Executive Room

There is no lift at this property and therefore very difficult for people with disabilities. There are Parking spaces and ramps to get into hotel but from there on the only available aid was a low tech stair lift to a lower floor but not other floors.. Thought the bathrooms very poor quality.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2017

Friendly accommodating staff in a superb hotel.

The reception staff were very friendly on arrival and the process only took a few short minutes. The room was very clean and the bathroom in tip top order. Breakfast the next morning was excellently cooked with a full and varied selection. Just wish we could have stayed longer.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2017

Comfy night and a friendly clean and conveniently located hotel

the toilet flush did not work properly and the shower curtain is too short, water splashes everywhere

The lady at check in I think Julia was very helpful and friendly and provided all the information required. She should have asked me about IHG rewards membership even though I booked via Booking.com but that's to improve in future. Room service brought the bottle of water when we ordered it early hours of the morning very promptly. Thank you

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

The hotel was lovely but our stay and mood was ruined by someone entering our room

Having to walk down steps with a pram to get to our room Someone was able to entered our room drunk late at night waking my 6 month old son up and we had no clothes on. This was very embarrassing that someone was able to open our door when they'd clearly got the wrong room

Being able to order a drink and sandwich late at night when the bar had closed

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

Staff was friendly.

No variation in terms of breakfast. This should be considered by anyone staying for a longer period of time. You can hear from your own room if someone on your floor shuts the door. This is unpleasant, especially during the night or in the mornings.

Staff was friendly. Location was ok, large field and channel nearby, good for jogging. Like the fact that the hotel had a gym.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

When we arrived the booking hadn't accounted for our 2...
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

When we arrived the booking hadn't accounted for our 2 children. The reception staff sorted it it promptly so by the time we got to our room the sofa bed was made up.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Not as good as we hoped!

Car Parking difficult when arriving late. No view at all from bedroom just brick wall! Nothing within walking distance, very busy road!

Comfortable bed, plentiful hot water and quiet room as requested.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Usual Holiday Inn standards - reliable enough to book again. A busy, generally well-run hotel.

Miserable staff at breakfast reception on first day. Poor water pressure and unreliable toilet flush in room 302

Friendliness of reception staff; convenience of location

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Very nice hotel and an enjoyable stay.
    • Executive Room

The room we stayed in was facing the main road - there is almost no sound proofing from the windows so it was a noisy stay. If you are a light sleeper (as my wife is) you will be disturbed often by the traffic

Nice hotel, Good size rooms and friendly staff

• Reviewed: September 2, 2017

A good, large Holiday Inn
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- nothing really - it's a Holiday Inn. We got exactly what we expected.

- we had decided not to book breakfast, nevertheless the staff welcomed us to help ourselves to hot drinks. That was much appreciated. - it's a pleasant, large Holiday Inn with a large enough lounge with tables, good for sitting for a drink at night or coffee in the morning.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

A most enjoyable relaxing stay wanted to stay another day or two

Only complaint was our bath drain was blocked and when showering the dirt would be around your feet.

Did not have breakfast as full of food from the night before. The hotel is great and great facilities really enjoyed the health centre and the garden area outside so peaceful and relaxing.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

great facilites and breakfast - shame about the bed size and windows
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room and bed were small, windows do not open a great deal - called reception and was told that they do not open fully so had to sleep with the air con on throughout the night which resulted in sore/dry throats in the morning. Bed was tiny and we are both under 5ft 9, so we did not have a good sleep at all. Based on our poor nights sleep unfortunately we wouldn't return

Nice pool, spa and gym, great breakfast - not too greasy and a good selection.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

good value for money comfortable bed and suroundings had most pleasant stay

no lift, rowdy party re company conference most weekdays bar staff run off feet need two comfortable chairs in room though,

plentiful breakfast pity toaster was not up to scratch liked free newspaper

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Always nice
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Towel rail was above toilet so ended up loosing one down there. Better to keep the toilet seat down.

Never had an issue staying here staff are always friendly and welcoming. Ordered an extra towel and got it as soon as we walked back to the room from reception.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2017

Last-minute bargain with good leisure facilities.

Window looked out on to a featureless internal courtyard, though this didn't really matter for one overnight stay.

Leisure facilities (pool, gym, sauna etc) were excellent and staff were friendly. Easy to find, plenty of parking. Location was perfect for where I needed to be.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Really nice

There was no bottled water in the room and as I have to take medication , tap water is not acceptable in this area. You could purchase water at reception but I find this is a basic requirement and should be offered free of charge.

The hotel is clean and the staff are very friendly.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

A very convenient, friendly and comfortable hotel with good food and facilities.

Squeaky floorboards in our room and the one above us, wet floor in spa changing rooms.

We were on a mother and daughter weekend and overall the room was very comfy, although we were in the old part and the floorboards squeaked a lot in our room and the room above us!! Also we could not open up the windows and it was warm that night, but the beds were comfortable and the room had the little touches that make a great stay, like an iron and board and glasses for drinks rather than plastic or paper cups. Dinner was very good and the breakfast one of the best we've had anywhere. The spa and pool were great but the changing room floor got very wet with no drainage apparent. Overall it is a very convenient, comfy hotel with friendly staff and we had a great time!

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

Really lovely start to the wedding weekend of my niece - thank you.

Only one small thing: I'm a tea drinker, but ever since having my tonsils out 3 years ago, I don't like ordinary tea (which was always my favourite drink before) - and I rarely drink coffee - but I do still like Earl Grey Tea. However, the hotel had run out of Earl Grey, which was a shame as one of the reasons I booked there was because the web description stated that they serve "a selection of teas, coffees and other beverages" so I thought they would cater to someone who liked a very popular blend of tea! No matter in the grand scheme of things, but still a shame 😬

Our two rooms were clean, comfortable and close to each other as requested. The staff were extremely helpful, the swimming pool and spa were excellent - could get used to a daily morning swim 😁. The breakfast buffet was fabulous and tasty (although no Earl Grey Tea available, which was a shame ☹️)

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

Husband and I had a lovely stay, we would definitely stay again.

Paint work in bedroom wasn't perfect, some patched up bits from what looked like a leak on the ceiling, could be improved! Didn't ruin our stay at all though!

We had lunch and breakfast at the hotel both were lovely and thoroughly enjoyed!

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

Most enjoyable and would return!

I have some mobility difficulties. Our room was on the first floor, but there was no lift. Without luggage- not a problem, with luggage, a bit of a struggle.

Really comfortable bed Great staff Good sized room

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

The room was very spacious and had everything we needed.

The breakfast was poor. On both days there was hardly any food left. They did not offer pancakes which was a disappointment. Considering we paid £30 for both days, the breakfast was very, very poor.

The room was very spacious and had everything we needed.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2017

Staff were friendly.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I had selected a double bed when booking online. When I arrived at the hotel I was told that although I'd ticked the double bed box, this was just a preference box (if I'd read the fine print I would have been informed, so I was told by reception staff). So the room available for my partner and I was a two separate single beds. After travelling for four hours in a car to be told that this was stated but was in the fine print left me feeling uneasy. I felt had there been something else which I had missed as it wasn't stated clearly in anyway. I felt like this was a slightly dishonest move. I would definitely have not booked this had I known. After expressing how unsatified I was having come through four hours worth of busy Friday traffic to have spent just short of £150, the lady at check in said she would see what she could do. A room with a double bed had been allocated for us and we were happy with the room. I have to say having this happen to us at the very beginning did leave me feeling was there another hidden element to be expected over the next two days.

Good Short Stay Hotel.
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

A bit of a hiccup on arrival, when we went into our allocated room, it was obvious that it was not to the detail that we had booked, but a trip back to reception and the helpful staff immediately sorted out the problem.

The restaurant and bar area were large and well laid out, with excellent food in both, including the self service breakfast. Great shower with lots of pressure in our room, nice spa area with good size pool.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

If you are used to a solid, memory foam mattress you may...

A bit pricey for a two night stay even though we did book 3 months in advance. There is limited parking at the front of the hotel but more spaces in additional areas around the sides and back. This results in a long walk back to your room at night, which is fine but just a little frustrating if you have mobility issues.

If you are used to a solid, memory foam mattress you may find the beds a bit too springy/bouncy but they are still very comfortable. Breakfast is extremely good with so many hot and cold options (both food and drink) you are spoilt for choice. The staff we encountered were extremely polite and helpful, even when it can get a bit manic at breakfast time. Watch out for the over zealous ones who can snatch away plates and cups before you're finished, which is better than the alternative of dirty crockery everywhere though :) The location was great for our needs (visiting friends) but it obviously depends on the purpose of your stay so always check the map.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Convenient location, smart hotel with good facilities.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast would have been better if I didn't have to wait for the eggs and sausages to arrive, and there was no fried bread on offer. The walls were paper thin and the guests next door kept us awake with loud talking.

The room was clean.