Reviews of Holiday Inn Gloucester / Cheltenham 3 stars

Crest Way, Barnwood, Gloucester, GL4 3RX, United Kingdom

#9 of 12 hotels in Gloucester

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Accommodation good, food poor.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Restaurant/kitchen was clearly understaffed in the evening and as such the service was slow and limited choice. Despite this, the staff did their best. The management team should look at the issues that caused this. I would not choose to stay here again.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Adequate for a short stay
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

Dining room lacks atmosphere. Bed rather hard. Shower over the bath

Quiet location at the weekend. Slightly old fashioned building but efforts made to modernise. Leisure facilities good

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Fantastic place for a short break within easy reach of the Cotswolds.
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

Cannot think of anything that would have improved our stay. 😀

We booked an Executive room which was spacious with a large comfortable bed could not fault it. We ate in the restaurant in the evening the food & wine were good & reasonably priced also the staff both behind the bar & in the restaurant were very pleasant & helpful. Breakfast was very good plenty of choice both hot & cold.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Comfortable, but lacking in atmosphere
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The public areas were a bit clinical and lacking in atmosphere. Adding photographs of the locality or other artworks to the walls of the bar would help to give it more character and make it cosier.

The pool and spa facilities were great, a real bonus and great way to relax at the end of the day

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Good hotel but stay marred by booking mistake.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I reserved 4 twin rooms, but 3 had double beds with no more twins available. Although the hotel squeezed extra beds into the rooms, this should not have happened, and I would not have booked if twin rooms had not been available. Hotel said the blame lay with booking.com, as it had only been a 'request' for twin rooms if available. I should be grateful for some clarification.

Facilities, particularly pool

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Met our basic need of a clean bed for the night, but no more.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms with smoking permitted. Made corridor smell even though fire door separation. Double room was smaller than expected - really cramped.

Parking facility

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Amazing Hotel and staff you must go!

I love the location, available activities such as swimming and the gym included while staying also the the staff are perfect very professional and the morning breakfast is to die for, is amazing! 10/10 I will definitely be booking again Very soon as its more than I could of imagined. Thank you :)

Needs updating.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Decor in the room was quite dated. Lighting was poor. Not much room around the bed. Room quite small. Service was quite slow in the bar when we ate. There was a bus party in and there was not enough staff to cope.

Facilities, especially the pool.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

More than adequate in meeting our needs as an overnight stop on a long haul to holiday destination.

Some of the finish was shoddy. Would like to see more gluten free choices on the restaurant menu- breakfast was adequately and bettered catered for coeliac needs.

Super bed for comfort. Good staff awareness and helpfulness.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Second time we have stayed and would choose to stay again next year on room only basis

confusion over payment when booking in, staff unsure of procedure. Shower broken in spar area. Breakfast very overpriced so did not bother this year.

great location to Hartpury College, good facilities, large car park, very friendly staff in bar and restaurant area. Adequate spar facilities for our stay

Overall stay was good. Bedrooms tired. Staff were friendly.

Initially put in a room with red rust corrosion in the bath. Not a good start. First room was generally very tired. Replacement was better. Let down by a hotel that the bedrooms at least needs refurbishment. Within reasonable taxi distance of Gloucester city/Kingsholm Stadium.

Staff were friendly and generally excellent. Ate twice in the bar and the meals were perfectly good if you don't fancy heading out to eat. Breakfast was plentiful and to the expected standard.

Awful service. Clemmy, the temp help, was incredibly rude. She should be fired.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Service was exceptionally unprofessional. Although I booked two single beds online with Booking.com, when I checked in, I was given a room with 1 double bed. The lady at reception at check in at 5:45 on 1/9/18 was very rude. I said that it should have been on my reservation. She said it wasn’t. And that she didn’t ask me because she’s a mother and would sleep in the same bed with her own daughter. She said she is only a temp employee and that there were no managers on site. Her name was Clemmy. And she later purposefully did not answer my phone when I phoned front dear, reservations, and even emergency button on the phone. She said she was busy, and yet, at the same time, my daughter went to the front desk to seek a new towel and noted that she was definitely not busy. My daughter had to go to the front desk to ask for another towel as the one that was in the room was stained with blood! And as I said, no one answered the phone.

Sauna was good

A great place to stay if you are travelling up or down the M5.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Lighting in the room was either bright or nothing; it would be so good to have some form of dimmer switch. Likewise the air-conditioning, which could be noisy, but we didn't find it a problem this time.

Breakfast was really excellent, with a great selection of goodies and the chef actually cooking in view - which was a nice touch. We enjoyed the pool - a quick dip to whet the appetite - and the location, so near the M5 - makes this a perfect stopover point between home and Cornwall. Our booking online stated that breakfast was included, which we were told wasn't the case when we booked in, but the price was so good we didn't think it worth arguing over, and we were given discount vouchers anyway; but when we checked out, we found the breakfast was actually thrown in, so that was also very heart-warming. We will definitely go there again.

Food.

Not the holiday inn's fault. But a lot of Japanese there .kept us awake all night tv was loud . Phones ringing. Talking loud.

Food. Drink. Gym. Steam room. Jacuzzi.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Convenient location and comfortable.

Minor glitch on booking. We booked twin and hotel had it as a double. Swapped us over with no fuss so no complaints from us.

Swimming pool is a big bonus. Room comfortable and good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Good location for access to main arterial roads
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was tired, small and old. ( I understand it’s being refurbished in October)

The leisure facilities were great. A nice warm pool and both Turkish and Saunas we’re operating well.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

A lovely and relaxing stay. We were on the ground floor which made it easier to get around.

There could have been more tea & sugar sachets in the room. The bedside lamps were possibly slightly too bright.

The bed was very comfortable. The water in the shower was nice and hot and had good pressure. It was very nice to have a choice of soft or hard pillows. The blackout curtains were brilliant as I struggle to sleep with light coming into the room.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Uncomfortable overpriced wouldn’t do it again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The £250 up front and waiting for week to get it back Not acceptable and not even told about this when I booked,will not have booked with you if I know , Prices of the food who pays £14.50 for a burger . The bed was so uncomfortable every morning me and my partner had a backache. The price of spirits and A dash of lemonade £1.90 total £5.15 i’ve paid less then in five stars hotels

The room size , pool,

We didn't like it
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The disabled room that we were given. Stains on the carpet and bed. Shower height was really low. The person I called the night before said my room was moved to a non disabled room. The manager there also confirmed it but I was still given a disabled room on arrival.

Didn't stay long enough to find out. Booked into the Marriott.

Very happy with everything - will definitely stay there again.

Nothing i would change for this sort of property - met my expectations extremely well.

Lovely, clean and comfortable rooms. Good pool, sauna and steam room. Easy to get to, close to M5 motorway, good parking. Only took the breakfast but that was really good.

Hotel was good our experience in restaraunt was the downside,

The restaraunt was the one poor part of our experience, on arrival we asked specifically if we should book a table for dinner in the restaraunt we were told it was,not necessary. We went down for dinner at 7.3o and was told even though there were only approx 8-10 people actually eating that as we hadn’t booked we would have to wait until 8.30 to be seared, after complaining the restaurant manager arrived and reassured this which was totally unacceptable, he was particularly controlling of the staff having been seated we then realised he was not allowing the staff to take peoples orders insisting as it was his job to give a better service. This sadly failed as the staff were very good food very good but his service even to paying was poor, he blamed the receptionist saying she was new, but we found her/particularly helpful and if she was new it was obviously down to whatever training she had been given.

Rooms were very comfortable, the swimming pool was small but reasonable good apart from people throwing balls

decent hotel, good value, pleasant enough

WE TRAVELLED DOWN ON BUSINESS, WITH A VAN AND THE PARKING IS EXCELLENT AND SECURE WHICH IS ALWAYS A WEIGHT OF OUR MIND, RECEPTION STAFF WERE REALLY GOOD AND INFORMATIVE, ROOMS WERE A LITTLE DATED BUT SUFFICIENT , POOL AND SAUNA AREA VERY GOOD ALSO THE BAR WAS A NICE RELAXED AREA

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Easy walk to supermarket, very accessible without driving...

Nothing to dislike, maybe a little isolated from town amenities like pubs, restaurants etc

Easy walk to supermarket, very accessible without driving through town. Nice little pool too...

Excellent value for money and super-helpful staff

Only complaint was there was some black mould on the tiles in the bathroom.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the general environment attractive. Spa and pool were really nice. Breakfast was massive - lots of choice, and great that it was served until 10.30. Early check in time and late checkout was great! Really relaxing weekend and great value. Dinner in the restaurant was also really tasty.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Dining room was fully booked with a coach party, had to eat in the bar. Food was not good. Bathroom was tired, needed re grouting the tiles. Staff in restaurant were unhelpful and dismissive. Considering the high price of the room it was very poor.

A wonderful place to relax

We wish we could have stayed longer.

The swimming pool and spa made us feel great! Slept like babies and woke to the perfect breakfast. A very happy stay in a gorgeous town.

Did not like the menacing sign on entry to the hotel that I...

Did not like the menacing sign on entry to the hotel that I could be fined £100 for entering my car registration incorrectly. Trip was to relax not worry about parking my car

Overall, the hotel is very good, with the exception of the...

Dreadful location for leisure visitors. On a business park, not near to bus stops or rail station. About 4 kms from Gloucester,

Overall, the hotel is very good, with the exception of the location if you are not a business traveller. We specifically liked the Leisure facilities, Restaurant, Food, Room

Did the job nicely for good value. Would stay again.

The hairdryer is fixed to the desk fitting which makes it difficult to use and impossible to see yourself in the mirror!

Another great stay at Holiday Inn. Decent sized room with comfortable bed, tea/coffee facilities, hairdryer, free WiFi and Tv. Free parking on site, next door to a giant Sainsbury’s too. Used the gym for free - good cardio machines but limited space for weights and floor work. There is a studio next door which perhaps could be used as additional space - but there was a class going on next door so couldn’t use it.

miserable staff

Staff not very helpful. when I booked my accommodation on Booking.com I understood that payment would have been taken before I arrived. When my friend arrived before me, they were asked for their car details and informed the room had not been paid . When I arrived I was asked for my card to make payment but unlike my friend I was not asked my car details. The staff at the bar were miserable and it looked like it was too much effort for them . When checking out the following morning I was again asked for my card details and was informed by the receptionist that the staff the previous day did not know what they were doing !!! The staff the previous day had asked if I wanted to pay in full or leave my account open. I think it is poor teamwork to inform customers that staff do not know what they are doing and it does not give me confidence to return to a Holiday Inn again

the meals were nice

Apart from room everything else was excellent
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

Room was meant to be executive expected it to be more plush for 125. I stayed at the holiday inn in Stevenage the executive room was beautiful with a big bed plush bathroom and a mini bar x

DISABLED STAY CLEAR OF HOLIDAY INN! and prob avoid Booking.Com

ONCE AGAIN HOLIDAY INN and BOOKING.COM demonstrated inability to offer rooms for disabled people, walk in shower BOOKED AND REQUESTED months in advance but was not offered, even though request specified to contact us so we could make other arrangements if no walk in shower available. Room was compact, small but the beds were comfortable and a good sleep was had there. Signs that some maintenance and upgrading is required. Some additional cleaning might also be needed. In the middle of nowhere so taxi into town is around £10 each way.

Reception staff helpful, friendly and efficient. Breakfast, friendly helpful staff and a goof English Breakfast with a good selection of cold continental style breakfast foods.

Adequate.

Only one biscuit on the tea and coffee tray - I had to fight my wife for it. Ivy becoming overgrown on the wall outside - when we opened the window it tried to get in.

Reasonable accommodation in good location.

Breakfast was very good
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

We paid the extra to upgrade to an Executive Room, but the room was very 'tired' and the bathroom was a disgrace and needed a damn good clean ! Whole place needs renovating , but worn out doesn't have to be dirty. Not good value for money. Did complain and they handled it well, and discounted the bill.

Breakfast was very good

Really enjoyed the area and while the hotel was a bit faded was ok

The whole hotel was a bit faded, lots of scuffed paintwork, sad food menu and decidedly average bar staff though this was a training issue rather than attitude.

The room was clean and tidy. The spa was really good

Comfortable, clean, excellent service
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Being disabled and on crutches I was disappointed that there was no lift and had to negotiate the stairs. Not a huge problem but will check in future to make sure our next Holiday Inn has one. Something for any other disabled or elderly potential customer to check before booking

Very clean and well presented. Breakfast had loads on offer and was lovely. Dining room was spacious and well attended by staff. One of the receptionists was excellent and when we arrived very stressed after a long journey and said we needed chocolate she produced two bars immediately and even supplied one each for the journey back!!!!! How much better service can you get than that.

Disappointing and won't be using this one again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room had twin beds when a double was requested. It was also supposed to be non-smoking but clearly wasn't - very smelly and no replacement room was offered. Decor was tired and not in keeping with the brand. Food was awful. Ordered a vegan meal and it came as a pie with beef gravy!! More than 8 chips would have been nice too.

Very pleasant and relaxing stay.

Not full range of free view channels

Very pleasant and relaxing stay. Nice leisure facilities, which guests can use for free, comfy beds, good sized rooms. Very friendly staff, very quiet

At check in the Executive Room was not ready for 2pm as it...

The swimming pool and breakfast.

At check in the Executive Room was not ready for 2pm as it should have been. Also the twin room booked smelt of smoke and was not acceptable, however, reception changed the room to one further away from the smoking rooms. We had travelled quite a distance and would have appreciated more of an apology for the waiting and messing around of rooms. Also expected more from an executive room than we actually got, very dated room in comparison to our local Holiday Inn in Brighouse, West Yorkshire. Staff in the restaurant were very pleasant and accommodating.

Okay for 1 night.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location is horrendous. Took ages for us to find.definitely in need of a refurb.overpriced £58 is more of a fair price not £77.

The staff were really nice.

We would stay here again if we are in the area.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room rate was good. There were plenty of car parking spaces (free), bedroom was clean and the swimming pool/spa area was an added bonus.

We did not get what we paid for
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I know requests are only 'a request' however this was a business trip and we required twin beds, what did they give us..... Doubles, and they had the cheek to say 'a group had booked in and they had taken all the twins' I'm sorry but thought all customers were important and equal. Plus was of our party members is disabled. To solve the problem they had to put 'roll away' beds in the room, so a tall 6 foot guy had to sleep on this! not good. We did feel we were not served or given equal treatment, especially as I call telephoned when the reservation was made, they took our money, but did not give us what we paid for.

The breakfast was very good and the location of the hotel.

Great for a stop over.

Room 59 - bathroom floor cracked, toilet didn’t flush very well and tap hard to turn and not much water came out. I think the room was just a little tired.

Good location. Staff friendly. Good food/drink. Comfortable bed.

Nice welcoming hotel

Being told to eat in bar as it would be 40 min wait for restaurant, then looking round and finding it only quarter full

Lovely room, very clean, comfortable, great breakfast

This was a dissapointing hotel experience.

1. The tiny room. 2. The old and tired furniture. 3. The early close to the breakfast area. 4. The barely warm spa. 5. The poor value for money.

I liked the location and the generallly competent and friendly staff

The Customer Service i received was phenomenal and value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

there was only one front desk staff which wasn't good at all, as i had to wait 15-20 min to check out. same goes for check in i had to wait 10-15 min. bathroom flush was a bit tricky to work and tub looked rusty.

staff in restaurant were very professional, polite and gave excellent customer service. The swimming attendant guy for friday was very generous, helpful and gave loads of information to travel around the cotswolds. thanks to him that i plan my trip which was worth it. sauna, steam and jacuzzi was fantastic. location was great too.

It was ok
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was not comfortable, too soft. The pillows were too soft also. I went to reception and asked for a firmer pillow, this was granted but it never got too my room. Sorry, this is for the section below

worked well for my needs
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Plug sockets not near bed and only 1 on desk area. Makes it an absolute ball ache to charge electronic items. Bed could have been better but can't complain for £50.

Late check in was useful, free parking also a bonus

all that i needed and required
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

didnt discover the tea making facilities until leaving the room/hotel! they were cunningly hidden!! i could have asked but it was a long day.....

the room was very clean and comfortable and the swimming pool was wonderful at the end of a very long day.

Very good value for the money!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I would have liked a little more choice on your evening menu. I am assuming that you only expect 1 night stays?

The breakfast was excellent! I couldn't get over how hot the beans were 10/10!

Let down by the restaurant
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We booked dinner for 20-00 was told they had a party of 20 so could only do 19-30 or 20-30 so we booked the 20-30 on arrival we were told the party arrived late so they could not accommodate us for dinner so had to find another restaurant. NOT AT All HappyLet down by the

Swimming pool and facilities were superb.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Decoration was a little tired but that in no way affected our stay

Swimming pool and facilities were superb. The hotel receptionist was so helpful and recommended places for us to go in the night time in Gloucester Quays Bed extremely comfortable

A great stay, a shame that Gloucester was so grubby.

There was nothing we didn’t like.

The facilities were brilliant with a fantastic health spa, a comfortable bar and restaurant, large bedrooms and welcoming staff.

A good place to stay when visiting relatives in Gloucester area.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Choice of restaurant menu could have placed less weight on chilli and garlic, more on simpler meals.

Although we had not requested an accessible room we were impressed by the facilities available for disabled guests. Excellent breakfasts, hot and cold.

A lovely relaxing weekend
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

The hotel looks a little tired in parts but is spotlessly clean. The staff are a credit to the hotel every member of staff were professional, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was lovely. The bed was very comfortable, rooms good sized and quiet. The pool and spa area were good. Very clean.

Reasonable hotel with nice swimming pool
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not that easy to find - sign on main junction says 'Hotel' but not which hotel! Fire alarm went at 2.30am so had to evacuate - not fun. No explanation or apology. Couldn't sleep again afterwards for hours. Don't know why chambermaids knocking on doors at 10am when check out is 12 - surely they should wait and check with reception who has gone - if you're trying to sleep late (cos of fire alarm!), annoying to be woken. Very poor bar/restaurant area. Dominated by football on TV and rowdy people, so nowhere nice and quiet to sit and have a meal in the evening. Had swordfish which was nice but veg was very raw/hard/undercooked. Didn't have breakfast.

No complaints about room. Nice swimming pool and sauna etc. Good parking.

Nice short stay but could have been better

We were astonished to know there is no lift in hotel as one of our friend had restricted mobility so found challenge to take him upstairs in room

Nice breakfast, staff friendly

nice hotel in good location

Staff were polite and efficient. Alone in the restaurant (late bank holiday evening), I expected poor food, but the service and the food were excellent. Basic hotel but great rate and location for me.

A good hotel but needs to monitor group bookings
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Groups of children from a bus trip were allowed to run amuck around the reception, corridors and the car park even though it was dark with no supervision at all, had to make a complaint to the hotel staff.

pleasant staff and very clean and efficient hotel

Room comfortable ,enjoyed evening meal and breakfast ...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bar was not stock properly as had no Guinness and run out of prosecco and run out of brandy.

Room comfortable ,enjoyed evening meal and breakfast ,pleasant and helpful staff.

overall a pleasant with great facilities

breakfast on the second morning were burnt left over offering no where near as nice as the first morning, where everything was lovely and fresh. first evening we were unable to lock our door when going out so we had to move all our things to another room. They did give us a voucher for a free drink each to say sorry.

impressed with the breakfast on the first morning with all the choice, pool and gym were great

The room was quite small, smaller than anticipated, however...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was quite small, smaller than anticipated, however the room was clean. Swimming pool was nice, it was the steam room and showers that could have done with a deep clean. So much choice for breakfast and suited all deitary needs. Staff were friendly however you felt like they didnt want to be there, or asking for something was a massive effort.

This is the third time we have stayed at this hotel and on reflection it is has become progressivel

The room was grubby, far to small, the furniture was far to big for the size of the room. The shower control was broken in the bathroom making it impossible to use The shower head was badly stained There are rusty corrosion stains around the taps and water outlets plug from the bath. The room requires total redecorating with new furniture more appropriate to the size of the room.

Restaurant was ok

Specifically booked a room with twin beds but ob arrival...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Specifically booked a room with twin beds but ob arrival only had a double bed. As I was travelling with elderly father this was not appropriate. Staff did get to fix things for me.

6.0
    Disappointing, cutting corners is a false economy.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Although the room was wheelchair accessible, the bath was a bit peculiar. I didn't use it... getting in with the help of gravity would have been ok, but I'm unsure how I would have got out as the hand rail at the "getting out end" would have been far too low to give support. To use the shower, I would have had to stand, which I cannot do. You need a wheelchair user to advise you on what is needed. At the pool, I had to move the stool, designed for disabled use, into the shower cubicle myself. It should be kept in the larger cubicle, not the other end of the shower room for people to use as a shelf / towel rail. In the process of lifting it, discovered it was filthy underneath. We were disappointed with the restaurant, the evening meal was slow coming, the wine was of questionable quality and overpriced

Most of the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean & comfortable. The pool facilities were ok but a wheelchair accessible shower room would have been useful.

Dreadful
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel needs complete refurbishment. It looks very tired. Shabby and Not chic! Cold room. Heating didn’t work. It wasn’t effective. Hairdryer smelt of burning when switched on. Carpet held together with dust and dirt. Shower not brilliant - low pressure and difficult to turn on and off. Need I go on!!

Room had been cleaned. Staff on Reception friendly.

Comfortable and relaxing

All good

Staff were wonderful and friendly, and it was great to use the gym and pool. Our first room had a bad smell in it but when we spoke with reception they were happy to move us to another room, no fuss and dealt with politely and professionally. We would happily stay there again and almost certainly will.

£370 for two people for 1 nights B&B was excessive and the insistance on pre-paying in full too much
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rates inflation over Cheltenham Festival week though understandable was marked-up way too much given this is a Holiday Inn in a location 6 miles away from the course and well out of Gloucester city centre - and with limited in-house facilities. In the evening, because of a lack of atmosphere, we cancelled our evening meal booked there and instead walked to the nearby Wheatstone Inn about 2/3 mile away (though be warned this involved crossing the busy roundabout whcih has no footpaths and only grass verges with crash barriers!). The pub was very good though and had better beers and much more atmosphere for evening drinks and dinner.

Breakfast buffet was great and very generous and rooms themselves very comfortable. However, in terms of commenting on general value for money, I would need to know what the room rate is at times when the Cheltenham festival is not on, as for the rate charged to us during that week (£370 per room per night), I would expected much more hotel luxury.

Past its Heyday
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Past its heyday as a hotel but they make the best of what they have. Aircon very poor, no bottled water in room, breakfast adequate. Vodafone 4G in room.

Great location, swimming pool very nice.

Although the hotel looks a little tired in places the staff...

Although the hotel looks a little tired in places the staff were friendly the hotel was spotless and the facilities particularly the pool and bar were a real bonus.

Not as nice as the previous one we stayed in

Other noisy residents dark hair in the bathroom which was not removed previously I have blonde hair and my partner is bald so we were disappointed

Staff

Great staff but venue needs some TLC
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Lone female traveller and given a ground floor room. Bed mattress had seen better days as had the room furnishings. Lack of plug sockets by bed/in room generally frustrating!

Staff friendly and helpful

Nice pool and friendly staff but rooms desperately need updating

The room was very old fashioned and is in need of renovation. The bathroom has a rusty shower head and just didn't look inviting at all. very disappointed with the room.

Staff was friendly and restaurant was good. Thank you chef Steve for the requested raw tomato.

Fine for overnight stay but would not want to stay any longer

Old and neglected bathroom in room. Rest of room dated. No fridge in room.

Lovely breakfast, vegetarian sausages cooked on request. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good facilities, swimming pool/gym.

Not good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Function going on and children running and screaming in corridor outside our room, then people going past later arguing and shouting. Surely room should have been further away from function room not 3/4 doors away. dirty glasses on lots of surfaces and on floors at 9.45 following morning. Cigarette ends all over floor on entrance to building.

Good location for where we wanted to be, clean and spacious room.