Reviews of Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum 4 stars

97 Cromwell Road, Kensington and Chelsea, London, SW7 4DN, United Kingdom

#570 of 977 hotels in London

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Disappointed the shop is now closed ... so could not buy newspapers, magazines, drinks and supplies as expected. Noticed in the Business Lounge (having paid an extra £15) there were no newspapers (except The I) - i.e. no FT, no Times, no Herald Tribune etc.

Appreciated the good quality and reliable overall service as always. Like the convenience of the taxi rank outside.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The price of the food and drink in the hotel was dearer than in the local pubs and restaurants.

Great location just around the corner from the Gloucester underground station, and walking distance from the Royal Albert Hall, The Natural History Museum and Kensington Palace. Plenty of shops and pubs close by so you're not tied to eat and drink in the hotel! ☺ The breakfast was fabulous... so much choice! The staff were lovely and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

We booked a double room, but when we reached the property they told us we have a twin room because double rooms were not available anymore. Would have been nice to receive this information before checking in, and not at 23:00 in the night when we arrived at the hotel.

Very good location, close to good restaurants and Picadilly Line. Breakfast was decent, although 15 pounds per person.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The beds and pillows where rock hard it was like sleeping on a slab Very poor assortment of toiletries I.e bath foam bar of soap and shampoo, no shower gel or bath caps or moisturiser, which I've always normally received as complimentary, even in far cheaper hotels The television didn't work, although we repeatedly asked and was told someone would be there shortly nobody came There was hardly any milk or sugar and a small amount of tea and coffee, and no biscuits or a complimentary bottle of water

The breakfast was very good The shower was nice and hot

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was extremely hard and when asked about it, there was nothing to be done unfortunately. The fridge did not work at all. We booked a room with a 'city-view' but was on the second floor with a view of a dirty rooftop.

We were a little disappointed when we arrived at the hotel, it way older and more dated than we expected but we had quite a nice stay, the breakfast buffet is very large and everything was very good. The neighborhood is great, very cozy with lots of nice restaurants nearby and the tube station only a 2 minute walk. Also only a 5 minute walk from the Natural History Museum which was very nice. Starbucks coffee in the lobby and always 2-3 taxis waiting outside if needed.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Although I had booked a room with a double bed on booking.com, I was given a room with simple beds. When I called the reception, I was bluntly told that this was all they had.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Room size. And i did not get the bed size i asked for. In One thing that really upsets me about this hotel is that there are still two charges as held amount which have not been credited back yet. As a matter of fact one of these charges was applied on the day i made full payment on checkout.

Breakfast was very good

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Key card for lifts and door opening is antiquated and malfunctions a lot. Time for an upgrade. The bedrooms are bright and comfortable, but corridor carpets and décor are long overdue a renewal and refresh.

Easy to come and go for Gloucester Road tube station minutes away. Nearby Waitrose grocery and in-house Starbucks mean you never have to join the breakfast queue. Gym is pleasant and well equipped. Very close to Kensington High Street and parks, so lots of pleasant walking and window shopping in the evenings and weekend. Holiday Inn Kensington Forum is overall a great package for business and holiday.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Yes, it's a Holiday Inn, but was extremely well located; so convenient to the Gloucester Tube station, and the Concierge staff were excellent! I would highly recommend!

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Room not cleaned on last day of stay and sheets and towels had some stains on

Excellent facilities like the small fridge, tea/coffee, lovely shower

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing I didn't like. Have stayed at this hotel numerous times.

Excellent location. Car park under hotel. Excellent choice for breakfast.. Comfy bed, clean room. Tube near by which is ideal. No complaints at all

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Room was small side but to be honest we were out a lot exploring the city and room served its purpose

Very convenient walking to Kensington and tube a few minutes away. We decided to get breakfast which we really enjoyed here. Beds was comfortable as well as enjoyed shower. Having a concierge was good as well and the reception took note we wanted a quiet room and gave us what I asked for.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Bathrooms are dated and only some rooms have a safe, bathrooms small and cupboards out of date. No disable access from the underground car park, communication of international staff not as good as MILLENIUM across road, tv didn’t work (could have tested positive when cleaned)

The views are excellent on high rooms/ floors, beds good

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The location was excellent and just a few minutes walk from the tube station. The hotel room was very clean and a good size. We also enjoyed the breakfast because there was lots of choice. All of the staff were very friendly.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Key cards hard to work and I talked with a flight attendant who said that they have been that way a long time. Seems like a fixable issue. Everyone had issues with cards in the elevators punching in their floor. That being the only minus, we would definitely stay here again.

Location and staff were great.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

No room bar as advertised . Bottled waters supplied but no glasses and when asked for we were given the impression that it was a strange request. Bar service in Tavern was very good but my rump steak was awful, more like rump gristle! Breakfast not bad but very dried up.

Location is good. Reception very polite, helpful and friendly. Lots of restaurants nearby. Very convenient for Albert Hall.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The only complaint we have is that the music from the hotel's pub/tavern is very noisy at night. Our room was located in the adjacent wing facing the pub/tavern. Between 10 p.m. to midnight the music was very loud especially on Saturday night.

Hotel room was clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. The hotel's breakfast offers a variety of items i.e. croissants, muffins, eggs (fried and scrambled), pancakes. Hotel is almost a 5 minutes walk to Gloucester Tube Station and it is about 15 minutes walk to the museums. Great neighbourhood.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable with good pillows. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Will use again if I go back to London.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

In checking went totally wrong and the staff at the desk was almost rude. Beds very hard which gave us back pain and there was a nasty smell in the room. Lack of good healthy bread at breakfast.

Excellent location, some staff very helpful, except of the bread breakfast was good.l

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Reception staff not particularly friendly. Bedroom- tray with tea cup not clean, chipped tea cup, spoon had seen better days; bathroom- sink cracked, tray with bath gel not clean; outside room in the corner ,tray with dirty plates and bag with garbage; even on check out the dirty tray dishes was still on the window sill.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The reception lady was pretty rude. I feedback on house keeping after they tidy the room she took away my keys. And she never even apologies when I commented.

Good location. Lovely Chinese restaurant. Highly recommended Bugis

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is quite shabby. the bathroom was too small and with no extra shelf to put our personal staff. the shower inside the bath was terrible with weak water stream that you hardly felt it on your body, and even worse, there was a curtain hanging around it- like- who's still doing bathroom curtains ? it is disgusting. cleanliness of room needs a serious improvement, especially the vacuum cleaning- really bellow any standard. Moving to breakfast- we tried it once and this was one too many. Hectic, super busy and not high quality products. so we went out and found our solutions. definitely did not feel home away from home.

The closeness to the tube station and to some other attractions such as the V&A museum, Harrods etc. Room was spacious enough and suited our needs. we also appreciated the complementary water bottles and the chocolate every day. Bed and linen comfy and good for us. We appreciated the reception team and their willingness to meet our needs to the best of their ability.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

We couldn't find a fault or an area to improve - we wanted somewhere close to a tube, near the attractions we were visiting, that was value for money - would stay again.

Comfortable bed, everything you could want in a room including ironing board and iron, easy and friendly check in, good breakfast with plenty of choice. Close to tube, good location for everywhere we wanted to visit.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Excellent location, tube only 5 minutes away, staff friendly very helpful. Breakfast was very good plenty of choice. Bed comfortable, air con in room good, only downside was minimul noise from road and tube but this depends on which side of hotel your room is on, overall a good hotel to stay at.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

It was grossly unsatisfactory that persons who telephoned to us at the number given on our booking confirmation we're told that we were not registered at the hotel. We were amazed to find when we checked out that the prices were different for each night - we might have chosen different nights had we known this when we made the booking. The room was not really large enough for two persons; the cupboard space was small and the hangers difficult to use.

No problems

Well situated for visiting the Chelsea flower show. Excellent views over London. Good comfortable unfussy room. Efficient friendly staff. What more do you need?

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Can’t really think of but I would recommend changing the carpets across all rooms and hallways..

Amazingly spacious room with nice surrounding and conveniently located across all necessary requirements. Staff is extremely helpful specialist Yohan and the front desk team... Very nice, my family appreciates it for the timely checkin and help of the staff.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The corridor needs freshening up..the rugs looked worn out (not torn but used up). It doesn't reflect the room service and the food spread. May be a touch of more African food would do. The disco...the d-jay was not fun! He refused playing requested music (which he had but lied that he didn't and no wi-fi, until the last 5 minutes when he started playing preferred African/ Nigerian music). A lot of us promised not to come back and use word of mouth to discourage patrons.

The bed and the sheets were phenomenal...I slept like a baby. Would love to know the bed brand! It was hard getting me out of bed in the morning. I have spread the news round anyway

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Couldn't really find any faults.

Good location. Helpful staff. Everything we needed was in the room therefore no regrets about the booking and we would stay there again.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking with Business Lounge Access

Had a quick meal in the Tavern pub inside the hotel and food was very poor - Fish and chips and burger meal ordered. Fish was all batter and very greasy burger overcooked. Chips Ok!

We had a suite and that was lovely. Used the club room facilities which were ok.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

We were allocated a room that was already occupied. When we returned to reception we were re-allocated in a brusque way with no apology.

Clean plenty of room.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Unfriendly reception staff should try to meet guest’s request for type of room made at least 4 mths ago instead of saying we are full. Worse, given a room that’s opposite of what’s asked for and can see the tube train and tube tracks with the noise. Not told cannot open window too.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The reception staff took forever to serve us, the room keys also work the lift. Which was so annoying because we would trek all the way to the room and the key didn’t work, had to be scanned to make work again at reception!!! Couldn’t use the lift cause the key wouldn’t work!! Another long wait at reception. Perhaps my only fault but it was super annoying

Just a pleasant place to stay for a few days

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Initially allocated a room that hadn't been cleaned. But staff put it right and gave me a free drinks voucher by way of compensation.

Room (eventually) was good.

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

hotel need refurbishing as looks old . stay in many hoilday inn chain hotel around the world . especially the carpet has past its days

concierge team were all helpful beyond my expectation in london

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The bed linens were old and suspect, but I wasn’t too concerned. I was also on the very top floor—a cool feature, but a long walk up narrow stairs! The day or two before my reservation, also, I noticed my reservation had been canceled. I’m not sure if it was by the hotel or by booking.com, but I had received no notice to confirm anything. When I logged into Booking.com, I was able to confirm my stay and everything after that was fine. But I was a little put-off by that.

My room was comfortable, and cute, on the top floor, like a garret room. Quaint and cozy. It also had an ensuite toilet, which I was told was a free upgrade—the hotel is undergoing renovation, and I suspect the upgrade had to do with availability or something beyond simple kindness. Which is fine! The kitchen was very helpful, as well.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

In an Executive Room and at booking was confirmed I could have access to Business Lounge but at the hotel I was told that I couldn't. Was disappointed with this having paid extra for an Executive Room.

Choice of pillows was great. Room service was quick and food was hot and tasty.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Very old and requires refurbishment. The rooms are quite small for an “executive king” room, especially when compared to other hotels in the area.

The location.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

i did not like the room, it was small and we did not have a safe in our room

i liked the location, liked the breakfast, liked the help that i got from the receptions people.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The drainage in the bathtub was poor and the windows couldnt open .The room was not very clean and one of the rug on the bed was dirty. The sick in the toilet had a crack.

The location is great.Irs just behind the underground station.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Paid to Upgrade as only twin room available two hours after check in began and should have received range of water and chocolates. Provide with a two finger kit kat 6 hours after asking three times. Shower was no more than a dribble, no lock on bathroom door. Pillows very uncomfortable. No one asked how our stay was when checking out

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Although there is city view, the windows are not clear enough. They need to be cleaned. The water pressure is really low. Water comes very slowly from the shower. The hair dryer is fixed under the table and this makes it very inconvenient to use. The cord is too short. Card keys malfunctioned occasionally. During my 5-day stay, I have requested the staff to fix them twice.

The location of the hotel is good. Free wifi is provided.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Fortunately we stayed for one night only. Room 2317 (especially thanks for reception' manager from Poland) . Door lock -malfunction, fridge- malfunction, bathroom door - didn't close at all, because was broken.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Cleaning team left door unlocked and partially open for a whole day whilst I was out. Aircon didn’t work. Electronic door keys wiped everyday if even remotely near a phone or contactless card.

Location is great close to tube and in nice area

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The room lighting seems to be a bit dim unless you open the curtains. Bathroom feels a bit on the small side. There were a lot of people coming and going during my stay here, and sometimes there's a queue for breakfast. If you don't like the bustling atmosphere, definitely go down for breakfast early.

The room is nice and comfortable. The wifi works decently without any problem. There is quite a big selection of food for breakfast, which I always appreciate. The hotel is located close to the Gloucester Road Underground Station, so it's convenient if you need to travel to Heathrow airport.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Bluetooth speaker broken. Shower took long time to get warm water through. Bathroom very small. Two people have to share one bathrobe and one pair of slippers. Free complimentary refreshments & snacks consisted of water and one kit-kat.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Very Small twin room and bathroom. Parking advertised and on site but £41 a night!!! On arrival the hotel systems were down and they couldn’t check us in. 45 mins later we were still sitting there! No back up plan to manage booking or payments. Room decor ok, but corridors and lifts shabby and needed cleaning.

Ideal location close to major tube. Beds comfy.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The sliding bathroom door had come off its runner at the bottom so difficult to manoeurvre

Ideal location for our requirements. Dinner was hot and flavoursome, amount was just right for our needs.

Maintenance man came knocking at 9am wanting to know what time we were checking out as he had some painting to do! Not the most welcome start the morning after completing the London Marathon

Rooms were small but clean and comfortable. Good breakfast with plenty of choice

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Only one bedside table, and no hair conditioner. Cord on hair dryer too short. No safe.

Bed really comfortable and the windows opened. Breakfast excellent and staff very efficient and helpful.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is really old and needs major renovation. Windows really need to be cleaned! Furniture also needs major update. However, the most disappointing was that there was no running hot water in the hotel one morning, due to the problems with boiler! Staff could not really provide any reassuring answer to this, when I complained. Next day, though there was water, the pressure in the pipes was really low, and there was not enough water for shower. Because the hotel is so close to the tube station, the noise of the trains moving was really disturbing late night and early morning.

The location of the hotel is really good. Two minutes from the Gloucester Square tube station, walking distance from the V&A Museum, also close to other cafes and restaurants. I was staying in the double room and the size of the room and comfort of the bed was good. As I had a long stay at the hotel, I was entitled to 15% discount in the bars and late checkout (though I didn't use any of these opportunities).

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Our aircon did not work - we had an executive suite that had no robes or slippers I should have just paid for a normal double room. The hotel itself is nice but I would not pay that again

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel's location is excellent-around corner from GloucesterRoad tube station & 5 minute walk from V&A, Natural History & Science museums. Breakfast selection is huge, hotel has gym & huge, comfortable bed. We stayed during hottest April days & room had air conditioning & fridge to keep bottles of water cold.Have stayed here many tmes & cannot fault staff, rooms or location. Highly recommended.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Having to pay an extra £20 for a double room and as they didn’t have a standard double we were made to pay the £20 to ‘upgrade’ to executive room with ‘complementary ‘ chocolates and all the facilities executives enjoy like an extra large safe! Complementary deluxe chocolate was a two finger Kit Kat for the two of us to share and rather than one bottle of cheap fizzy water to share they added another bottle when we had left our room for the evening out.

Comfy bed. Good breakfast

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was a little harder than we are used to and the air conditioning didn't work very well.

The staff were very helpful, the room was a lovely size and the bed was massive.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I stayed on the 27th floor which has an amazing view. Very swift elevator but the key card can be a bit finicky. The carpets in the hall on my floor was a bit old but clean. It didn’t bother me much. The hotel has an excellent location. Few meters to the train and bus stations. You can get a direct train from Heathrow airport but it’s not an express train so expect lots of stops. Marble Arch and Oxford street are a few bus stops away. Lovely breakfast buffet with a decent variety of foods. There’s lots of places to eat close to the hotel - both restaurants and fast food. There’s also an grocery store and a bureau d change which gives good rates for currency exchange. Overall, I’d stay here again and I’d recommend it 😁

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hot water could have been hotter. The shower was a bit cool but ok. Maybe I was up too early or lots of guests were using water.

Great bed- firm - We like that. Super clean and spacious. Easy opened window for ventilation- good view Plenty tea and coffee in the room. Excellent choice for breakfast. Smiley informative reception.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Good location (Near Undergroundm, Tesco, Starbuck, KFC) and the hotel have the luggage room to keep my luggage before time to check-in. I go to another city for 3 days so I can leave my luggage at the hotel over the night.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The staff wasn’t helpful, in fact, very unprofessional and irresponsible, including the duty manager on the first nite we stayed. The so called engineer didn’t even know how the room air conditioning operates!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom tub extremely slippery, plus an awkward step down out of the tub -dangerous. Water pressure extremely weak.

Close to Downton Abbey tour departure point

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was very small We had a coathanger hanging off a picture frame for the 2 days we were there and hairgrips on the bathroom floor

Bed was extremely comfortable Hotel was quiet on a night

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

I was told by email that I had a double bed booked but when we arrived we was told they had ran out of double beds and had to give us a twin bedroom. Well for me as a married couple, I wasn't happy because for such a big hotel, they couldn't upgrade us to any room that had a double bed. But. . . .they compensated us by giving us half price on the car park, which I commend them for.

We like the fact that getting to the underground was great, and getting to central London, like Oxford street etc. was very straight forward. There are so many restaurants and take aways, you are literally spoilt for choice. Being able to park your car was very easy and straight forward and secure.

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

1. We arrived around 3am due to a delayed flight, which was 2 hours later than expected. The check-in receptionist didn't even ask, how was our day or flight and made the check-in processing veeeery slowly, so that we nearly fell asleep at the desk. 2. The room was quite small and quite old and used, not nearly good enough for a 4* hotel. 3. The bathroom was even older like 30 years old and rather like 2*. 4. The fridge/bar was empty. We could use something upon a delayed flight and a late night arrival. It was on though (impossible to switch off) and was a bit loud for the night. 5. The hair dryer was a weak and bad one and was located (and fixed) in the room under the table - not very handy.

1. The location is perfect. 2. The breakfast variety was quite ok, although nothing was extremely good, rather everything kind of bland, so next time we would not book it for the extra money. 3. The beds were quite comfy. 4. THe wifi was good. 5. Luggage room with tickets is a good service as well. 6. Coffee/tea set at the room is a good thing, although I would wish other kinds of tea as black as well.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

*slow water flow in the shower (took ages to fill up the bathtub) *tight bathroom *not much light in the room *room was much smaller than expected

*good location *nice breakfast buffe *comfy bed *nice little fridge right next to the bed *decent sized bathtub *european outlet by the desk (quite convinient to charge the phone without plugging it first to the phone adapter)

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was on the small side. We booked a family room but the sofa bed wasn’t made up on arrival. I had to telephone reception twice to ask when someone was coming up to make it.

The location was great. The room was clean. Staff were friendly enough although on check in the guy sniggered at my surname!

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Prices in the pub downstairs were much too high & not a wide choice on menu.

Staff were friendly & always very helpful. A bonus to have a taxi rank immediately outside the hotel. Good choice of food at breakfast. Very convenient to have a tube station just 5 minutes walk away.

Water pumps made a horrible noise every time someone in the neighboring room took a shower. The noise could wake up a dead man. It happened every evening between 9pm-12pm. The hotel is visited by many pilots so I wonder how they can relax before the next flight. I spoke to the staff several time about the noisy room but nothing happened - there was no chance to change the room. It was my third stay at this hotel but surely the last one.

Good location, close to the U-tube.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Check in was very lengthy (while we find you a nice room). As the room was booked a couple of months ago I thought it should have already been allocated. Taverners pub good but bigger selection of beers would have been appreciated

The room was small but comfortable. Taverners Pub was handy for informal dinner and late evening drinks.

It was all good - just had a small issue with preauthoriation using a travel wallet card and it took a few days to return the authorized amount to the travel wallet

Simple but comfortable place to stay in London - very convenient for touring London - close to tube station

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Not being able to get in my room with card key at least 2 times per day of my stay due to it constantly needing re programming

Location was amazing absolutely perfect friendly staff

• Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Twp of the rooms weren’t ready when we arrived at 3.30pm. The concierge indicated they may mot have been ready until 6.30pm which was a concern as we were attending a concert so needed them. We were given a free drink at the bar as an apology. They were ready by 5.30.

Excellent location and great value

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness - black hairs in the bath plug hole when we arrived. The whole place other than the atrium needed a good clean. Very small room.

Great breakfast. Wifi was good and the views from our room were immense. Bed was also very comfy. Location is right next to Gloucester Road underground and within walking distance of V&A, Natural History etc.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom not cleaned thoroughly, especially the bathtub. Water pressure not strong enough for proper shower. Squeaky noise when opening and closing bathroom sliding door.

Location is convenient

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

My room was not clean, the floor needed a good hoover, the bathroom sink had black hairs in it and so did one of the cups (YES I WAS SHOCKED TOO), the fridge is old and the inside just didn't look like somewhere I would want to put my food or drink and the bed was not comfortable. I tried the other bed in the room but it was no better. There was also a VERY basic supply of toiletries, I have stayed in other Holiday Inn's that do a much better job of providing a lovely clean and comfortable stay away from home. Also, the fridge made an annoying hummimng noise - making it hard to sleep and, although the view was incredible, the windows were filthy.

The staff were most welcoming, from reception, to the Tavern to the Breakfast Resturant.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The lift doesn’t work with the room keys. Tried many times but failed. I asked the front desk to help but they simply replied to keep on trying until it works. That’s poor service for a reputable hotel like Holiday inn. Bailey’s Hotel nearby which I earlier stayed in is much better. They even have a door man to open the door for you. What a difference in service better between the 2 hotels. Bailey’s is about the same price as Holiday Inn. I would recommend staying in Bailey’s for a better experience.

The location, reasonable price and room size

Browse Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum traveller photo gallery