Reviews of Holiday Inn Express London Golders Green 3 stars

58 Regents Park Road, Barnet, N3 3JN, United Kingdom

#13 of 17 hotels in Barnet

Everything was great but the kosher breakfast.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

The kosher breakfast wasn't satisfying at all. It needs some improvement.

We loved the comfortable and clean rooms, the great service and the good location.

overall very good, the fridge was essential in our bedroom
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

no wardrobe space no drawers. bedside cramped at one end no space only one chair

nice shower plenty of hot water a fridge which we asked for kettle etc good A/C

Excellent highly recomend I will now use other group hotels when on holiday.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Beds are hypnos type very firm but ok, bathroom was fantastic, great scrambled eggs, very polite staff all in all would stay again without hesitation. The Hotel is very difficult to navigate to without a tomtom type device especially if you do not know the area, this is because of its location on the north circular, but its worth it when you get there. Even found a disabled parking space right outside the hotel entrance perfect.

Well located hotel - did the job!
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Over-heated in the reception and breakfast area. No alcohol-free beer in the bar. Bit noisy if you like to sleep with the window open. You have to keep logging into the wifi.

Staff were very friendly. Beverley (one of the receptionists for example) made us feel at home. Good breakfast. Walking distance of the tube (Finchley Central) and on the North Circular.

Comfortable,friendly.local public transport serving Hotel was so good and frequent but now less so.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast overcrowded very little choice in food. Thats why kosher food is often taken as a suplement!!. Always different staff at the reception. Not enough lobby space to sit, though its comfortable.

Comfortable beds, friendly staff.

Got to pig out on free breakfast 😊 why not it's free
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Have to leave £50 deposit if paying cash and there's no information when booking that informs you of this

Got to pig out on free breakfast 😊 why not it's free

The staff were lovely and very helpful.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The first night I spent in a room that was not as clean as usual. There was a large stain on the carpet and in the morning I found the shower was faulty. I requested a room change and the second as much better

The staff were lovely and very helpful.

good, well stocked breakfast selection.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Had a lot of problems with the door keycards exchanging them on at least four occasions as they would not open doors. Had to move room due to faulty power supply to room.

good, well stocked breakfast selection. Good local bus links on stepping out of hotel. Comfortable beds and room

Very friendly Service
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was nice and hot and tasty

Beverley Tim Maria and shiwani were absolutely the best staff I have encountered in any hotel I have ever stayed at. In the uk and abroad. So professional and friendly. I was in the area for a course for the week and thought I would be lonely. I missed my family but they were so welcoming and friendly, they got me through it.

Staff was very helpful and they did a great job we were very...

Carpet was verydirty

Staff was very helpful and they did a great job we were very happy.and hope to stay with youagain it so near to where my daughter lives

Perfect place for a city break. Far enough out of London to get some peace, Short walk to tube
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Very comfy beds, loved the grab and go breakfast options, meant we could start being touristy nice and early. The breakfast staff were brilliant, chatty and very efficient (even when the young kids with some other guests decided to redecorate with scrambled egg!) great place to stay

Overall, very pleasant and lovely and welcoming.

The scrambled eggs weren’t that great but other than that everything was wonderful! Also, we wanted a double bed but got two twin beds.

The staff were so lovely and friendly, I had never seen anything like it, the buildings interior looked amazing, it was just such a pleasant stay!

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Lack of choice on hot buffet breakfast. The grout in bathroom floor was missing and had been for a while, told reception though and they informed maintenance straight away

Breakfast was quick and efficient, free car parking

Very noisey due to it being on a very busy junction.Comfortable and Clean
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Young Asian receptionist was struggling trying to book us in as well as being on the phone..... booking out was also a little offish...... Bar staff didn't have a clue as they were obviously being trained up.......lots of shouting

Nice comfortable, clean room, ample free parking.

Unfortunate Incident
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

On first checking in, we were given a twin room instead of a double, so we had to go back down to reception and get that sorted out. Just before we went for breakfast in the morning, there was a commotion in the corridor outside which turned out to be a Domestic Violence incident between husband and wife. This shook us up a little bit. Had to call down to Reception and ask them to send someone up. This wasn't the hotel's fault but it marred our experience to be honest. Breakfast was quite busy, and there were no hash browns, which is an immediate minus!!

Price was reasonable, hotel and room were clean and pleasant.

A good hotel in a convenient location.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

I did not like being in a room with a connecting door, even though I was able to lock it.

I liked the option to have hot breakfast as well as Continental breakfast.

The room was a good size, and had everything you needed in...

The staff were rude, didn’t know what they were doing. Turned up to find our room had been ‘cancelled’. When we got home found out they had charged us for 2 peoples room instead of just ours, took three weeks to get our money back from them due to the ‘manager’ not ringing back when called three times!

The room was a good size, and had everything you needed in the room

Great overnight stay

We couldn't fault anything

Great place to stay, good rates, good breakfast, comfortable bed. Twenty minute walk to Underground,in Central London within 40 minutes of leaving hotel. Five minute drive to M1

A Bit far out but great hotel. Good breakfast too.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Slightly misleading on website.

The staff were friendly and courteous. The cleanliness of the hotel was excellent. I would stay again. Just not to visit Alexandra palace.

Satisfactory

A double room, intended for two persons has only ONE chair - very odd. The room also had no surfaces apart from the desk upon which to lay out clothes overnight. The carpet was very dirty and crockery only superficially clean.

Very very disappointing, wouldn’t recommend.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Room was the opposite of modern. No plugs sockets next to bed so couldn’t relax with my phone charging. Due to the tv being very old fashioned in addition to not working not having your phone to keep you company is even worse because I couldn’t charge it next to my bed. No essentials. AirConditioning made a loud noise! Bed hard as a rock. Light switches confusing so slept with one on. Phoning reception was a struggle due to them barely picking up. Breakfast was extremely basic. Couldn’t imagine staying there longer!

Good for a short business trip
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Air conditioner is not very effective. The room was not warm but so dry. Next to North Circular so it is very noisy.

Next to a bus stop. Convenient to go to central London.

Really enjoyed our stay, our room was much larger than we expected and the staff were very friendly.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

I was given the wifi code and password but it wasn't stated which network name I had to select. I rang reception, they answered quickly and it was sorted but it may be worth revising the piece of paper guests are given, to include this.

All 3 reception staff were welcoming and engaged in conversation with us as we booked in and out. The room was larger than we expected as was the TV which was family size and had a great reception and selection of channels. Hairdryer was provided in the room and we were surprised to also have a fridge. Free parking in London was a bonus and the reason we selected this hotel. Very easy to find this hotel. It was on a crossroads on the north circular but that gave it a great position, it didn't make it noisy.

Not as good as the first time we stayed there.

I didn’t like that the TVs were not good and they didn’t tell us this before hand. They promised us a different tv but they never carried through on their promise. They also promised us a fridge for my husbands medicines and did not provide us with one.

I liked the size of the room and the bed was not too bad.

Very disappointing and unpleasant
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Rude staff. I booked and paid for three rooms and requested our group be placed near each other. This was clear on my confirmation receipt. However, the rooms had all been separated off and I was told I had only booked one room! Very rude staff attitude. At 5 30 the next morning the electricity went off. No one came round to check we were ok, offer torches, water etc. We had a funeral to attend, and had no light, no water, no breakfast - just a dark room. No apologies from the staff, who didn’t get it fixed till 9 am - where we’re the 24 hour emergency back up? Very poor on health and safety And totally u gracious attitude of reception staff I have never experienced anything like this before, and hope never to again. Unless I get a refund on the cost of the three rooms I paid for expecting to have all facilities available, I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again

Room layout

Ok for a one night stay.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Messed up my booking, originally had 2 rooms and 3 people booked, they had me down as 1 room and 2 people so 3 of us had to share a room and they tried to charge me extra even though I booked for and paid for 3 people.

Good area

A pleasure
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Room keys didn't work. Had to get the metal key and use that for the duration of my stay. Not a big problem.

My third time staying at this hotel. Each time has been consistenly great.

Had a great time visiting London and hotel location and staff helped make the visit a success.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

The sink in bathroom needs to be seen by a plumber, wifi kept on needing to be registered.

The location, the staff (except one who I will assume was just having a bad moment), Kosher breakfast, and overall facilities.

It was bad
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

It was ok .. most annoying and depressing thing was parking ... we staying hotel but dont know where the car is .. is really annoying..

Breakfast should be changed every day and add more hot meal in breakfast ..

Enjoyable but spoilt by managers behaviour and attitude.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The manager (Cruz) needs to take an example from his staff in terms of customer care. We found him to be very arrogant and rude. He never greeted us when we saw him. All other staff had a smile and greeted us on all occasions.

Beverley is a star

Average
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

They couldn't offer us a simple sandwich at 2pm although afternoon tea was being advertised,apparently there wasn't anyone in the kitchen. Television wasn't working properly,we asked to move rooms because of this but they were unable to move us and weren't able to send anyone to fix it.We would have expected better service from a hotel which is part of such a large group.

Good price and good breakfast

Staff could have been better trained in using the Bar.

Staff could have been better trained in using the Bar. Took ages to get a simple coffee in the afternoon and in the evening staff didn't know how to use the till properly

Lovely North London Hotel
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

The breakfast was lovely. The hotel provided a free luggage holding service which was perfect for the events I had to attend in London. The location was perfect for where I had to travel to but if you want to travel into the city the commute can be a bit longer.

Good value fur money

The bedroom was rather cold and I was unable to workout how to turn up the heating. I did go down to ask for help but the staff were busy dealing with other customers and as I was tired I just went to bed. There was also a loud persistent noise in the room - I think it was linked to the heating.

All of it

Decent for price
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Shower temperature was constantly changing mainly cold. The cooled breakfast was awful. Sausages tasted bland and rubbery and the eggs were powdered eggs. Very dissatisfied.

Clean and comfortable. Coffee Machine options was really good. Enjoyed the Mocha.

Room and bathroom were good.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

No TV! And no parking even though I had phoned on the day to say I needed a space and I wasn't warned the car park was full. Not ideal as I didn't know the area at all and it was night time.

Room and bathroom were good.

Clean , comfy and good value stay
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Very pleased with the hotel. Nice spacious room, everything very clean. The breakfast I thought was very good too and all in all was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the hotel. The wifi was great too. Being on the North Circular it was very easy to get to from Luton Airport and is on the 13 bus route to Victoria so good to get into central London.

Great stay and I would definitely stay again
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

I wanted fried eggs with my breakfast and was told they did not do them - it was just scrambled.... :)

The room was spacious, clean and tidy. The bed was a little hard, staff very friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. Apart from there not being any fried eggs, the breakfast was excellent and lots of choice.

• Standard Room with Two Single Beds

That room wasn't ready when I arrived . But didn't like that there was a door next to ours that could have got into our room

Staff were helpful

Very pleasant.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

There was a leaflet in the room recommending the hotel cream tea but when requesting this was told no food other than breakfast was available until Jan 2nd. We were not advised of this when booking. So had to go out on a very cold evening to get something to eat.

Bed was very comfortable and there was everything we needed

Will not be staying there again!

Very noisy next door we had to ring reception 3 times before they finally knocked on next door to tell them, staff were very patronising as we had trouble with one of us checking in for their room as she was told she had no room to start with! We were put in an interlocking room with strangers where you could just u lock the door either side.

Clean room comfy bed were probably the only bonuses

Disappointment
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The first day, breakfast was very good with fresh fruits, 3 types of jam plus Nutella and marmite . 3 types of cereals plus soya, skimmed and semi skimmed milk, fruit compote and yogurt. The best was the gluten free options. From the second day I found: 1 type of jam, no gluten free bread, empty yogurt and no fruit compote at 9am. I asked for some more and i’ve Been told that they’ve run out (for 3 days in a row ?!?) It is 10£ per head for breakfast. I’ve been here 3 times and I see that something has changed. Not only breakfast but also the attitude of the staff. It is probably the busiest period of the year but this doesn’t justify their lack of professionalism. I’ve always booked a double room with sofa: this time the carpet was very dirty full of stains. I won’t come back.

The bed was comfy . Bathroom was very spacious.

Very clean and comfortable room (s).

All Good!

Very clean and comfortable room (s). Good breakfast. Very reasonably priced bar. Adequate parking spaces (Free!) All in all, a very enjoyable stay. Will be coming back.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

We would definitely stay again
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The only down side was the parking facilities. It was a little cramped

As a family of 5 we had to purchase an extra room. When purchasing the extra room, the member of staff I spoke to ensured we had our rooms next to each other along with a joining door between the two rooms. This suited us perfectly.

Excellent value, comfortable bed, parking on site, convenient location, lovely staff.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Shower head fitting, a bit loose. TV picture was a bit 'snowy'

Excellent price, car park on site , convenient location. Breakfast good. Lovely staff

Never again. Lovely hotel but definitely not worth the money or the attitude from staff!
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

I’ve never wrote a bad review normally I keep them to myself but this one I HAD to complain about. I had already payed for the room before I arrived at the property, I did this a couple of days before and phoned the hotel and they took payment and sent a confirmation email of the payment. Only for me and my sister to be stood at the hotel reception infront of everybody to tell us we hadn’t payed! I shown the man on the desk the confirmation email and he still still didn’t believe I payed until he actually checked our registration form to find a receipt saying we had. I booked a double family room only for there to be a double bed. No sofa so I rang down to reception for them to make the bed (house keepers came up 30 mins later) The television in our room did not work. They room moved us the next day to a room with 2 single beds. (There was a price difference on booking.com for the room I payed for but clearly they didn’t care).. the staff were RUDE! And I mean ridiculously rude. The funny looks I got every time I walked past was ridiculous like I was some sort of alien. Wouldn’t touch this hotel again with a barge pole.

This must be our fourth visit and we would always use this hotel if we have to be in that area .

More lounge space . But not really a complaint as such a good price

Breakfast good for a budget hotel . Position excellent for visiting family in the area . We always book a twin room because we like to put the beds together for extra size and space . They can zip and link if asked .

Nice stay
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

The TVs need upgrading to full freeview as there wasn't many channels to watch and you couldn't get a good signal with the limited number of channels

Nice stay. Clean and spacious room and lovely choices for breakfast

Staff was friendly and helpful
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

My room was not in the best condition, curtain was partially hanging down and was a bit torn. Stain on the bathroom floor. Restaurant has a cold and sad feeling to it, with a TV running quite loud. I think with a little bit more attention, this hotel could be much nicer.

Staff was friendly and helpful

Very convenient for our needs and very helpful staff.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Could have had better toiletries - not the wall mounted kind.

Staff was very accommodating. We checked in at 3am and they let us keep the room until 2pm

Money's worth
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The hotel is clean comfortable and the staff are friendly. The hotel has distinct advantages for the religiously observant traveler, as it is both opposite a synagogue and serves a kosher breakfast.

Tv broken no replacement Air con broken and noisy Car park in barrier broken (no sign) Evening meal frozen food food price. Beer v expensive Tv broken no replacement Air con broken and noisy Car park in barrier broken (no sign) Evening meal frozen food fresh food price. Beer v expensive

ataff try v hard to make your stay a good one unfortunately management park there Ferrari /mclaren and Bentleys outside but have no cash left to sort the issues to help there v his staff.

Nice facility for business travel, some staff integrity issues suspected.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

I left my ipad behind and the housekeepong staff had handed it in and eft me a voicemail, mentioning some lost property, not detailing what. I called and spoke to the duty manager Flora twice who was sure there was no such thing as an ipdad left behind both times. On the third call, when I insisted could see the loaction of my device from the app to be the hotel's address all of a sudden my ipad reappeared out of nowhere. I spoke to a very helpful duty manager in the morning - Shawina, who is arranging for me to receive the items back via a courier I arranged. Not exactly the kind of integrity I expected from this type of brand, but then the housekeeping team deserve recognition for their honesty.

The hotel is conveniently located, the rooms were clean and well equipped with standard amanities. The breakfast buffet was small but the food was fresh, tasted good and it offered gluten free and Kosher options, fresh fruit and a choice of cereal. The yoghurt and fruit compote were lovely. Most staff were friendly and helpful.

Not great
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

I didnt like being put in a room that was directly behind the lifts,had very little sleep from the noise. Also didnt like the bed bugs that crawled out of my pillow and left a lovely bite on my face the next morning. When raised with reception i was told to request a quiet room the next time i booked.

It was local to where i was visiting

My stay was ok. It was convenient because of where I needed to be.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Menu, food and drinks in stock. Food dinner seemed to have been heated in a microwave. Breakfast was very good.

The staff are all great!!! Especially Beverly.

Probably wouldn’t stay here again but it suited our purposes for one night

The room was very cold and we couldn’t get it to warm up. We asked for extra duvets but they never arrived

Although it was on a very busy road it was actually quite quiet

Comfortable, accessible if driving and very friendly staff.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

TV did not work properly. Very poor picture and sound made it unwatchable.

Very comfortable hotel. Easily accessible location. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice including cooked breakfast items. We will stay again.

Friendly family-feel London Holiday Inn Express with car park
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

No atmosphere in bar area (which is basically in the Reception) or restaurant which was empty. Over-cold air conditioning on a freezing cold night made relaxing with a drink impossible! Recommend going out to dinner! (Nice Greek restaurant in East Finchley High Rd!)

Friendly staff, comfortable bed and pillows, good shower. Breakfast relaxed self-service style with surprisingly tasty scrambled eggs, grab-and-go service too for those in a hurry a bonus. Buses stop right outside hotel. Hotel on busy A406/NorthCircular intersection but for drivers, easy access to M1 and out of London in minutes makes it a good location overall.

The friendliness of the staff .
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

The new arrangements for breakfast which are NOT an improvement ! . We preferred the old arrangement . Yogurt is now provided in a huge mixing bowl rather than individual pots which we enjoyed in the past .Individual pots are more hygenic and both fruit and natural varieties were available - now it only plain . There used to be bowls of fresh orange or grapefuit segments and bowls of fresh fruit (pears , bananas and apples ). Now there is a bowl of horrid fruit berries compote(probably frozen) and a bowl of oranges and apples . Who wants the messiness of trying to peel oranges themselves at breakfast? These should be prepared and ready to eat as in the past ! There were no bananas or pears . There are now no cheese portions as in the past. Jewish guests still have a special cupboard of kosher food and I observed that they still have cheese portions and individual yougurt pots . The new arrangement smacks of cost cutting !

The friendliness of the staff . They welcomed us on arrival and allocated us a quiet room on the top floor as we had requested . They responded to our complaint that the shower smelt and the wash basin leaked because the plug mechanism was faulty - a plumber arrived promptly to fix it .

excellent basic accomodation, have stayed before and will stay again. I thoroughly recommned.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Spacious rooms, great location, parking, smiling staff, decent buffet breakfast, you wont go wrong here. One observation I should make; they are currently upgrading the TV's so you should ask for a room with a new TV (the old ones are very poor).

Reasonable
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The staff when we arrived told us we would need to park outside the hotel premises, much as we had been assured that we would have parking.He only arranged for parking in disabled bay when we insisted. One of the kitchen staff was so unfriendly and kept us waiting for long during breakfast without communication for the fruit salad supply to be replenished.

The breakfast was good, room fairly comfortable.

Big clean room, choice of pillows, lovely double bed, a sofa
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The tv had an echo vibration, obviously a speaker has gone but I guess no one complained, that included me. I watch Netflix on my laptop anyway!

Big clean room, choice of pillows, lovely double bed, a sofa

Clean , nice big room , pleasant and helpful staff, arrived...
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Soap and shampoo all in one, a bit noisy

Clean , nice big room , pleasant and helpful staff, arrived at three o'clock at night from the airport and got good service

It was good
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

The was less options for breakfast.....not much to pick from. Should add a bit more option and not make it too basic

The bed was comfortable, i had a good night rest.

• Standard Room with Two Single Beds

The in room TV let the whole stay down. A) The Screen size needed to be bigger for the size of the room. B) The remote control was a poor replacement for the original and not all functions were available, especially the Electronic Programme Guide. C) The sound was difficult to understand. D) The 20 or so channels were insufficient No bananas available for included breakfast

Staff were really friendly and could not do enough to help

Convenient

Located on a main junction it's extremely noisy and you can hear the traffic all night. Our TV wasn't working but they gave us complimentary drinks & a discount off our final bill as an apology.

The staff were very helpful

Comfy room.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Breakfast room was quite small. Bit cramped to get breakfast. Minor negative though.

Comfy room. Quiet. Felt like the only ones in the hotel. Helpful staff. Good location.

Great Base near Golders Green !
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

TV in room could be a bit bigger, first world problem though!

Travelled for Premier league game in Emirates, Close to Golders Green bus stop from Stanstead big plus, very well located for bus network. Quite and safe area . Staff including a lady from Nepal on reception couldnt have been more pleasant and helpful without been overboard. Breakfast more than adequate. Room comfy , shared twin room with son , both slept perfect .

Very clean room.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Close to the north circular so quite noisy if you have window open. Closest tube station is 1/2 hr walk. Breakfast options not great for vegetarians.

Very clean room. polite Staff. Free parking.

Above average budget hotel
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Location was great for us. We were working at Alexander Palace which was only a 10min drive, even in rush hour traffic. Decent parking facilities, rooms are clean and adequate as was breakfast. Evening meal was below expectation but edible.

Adequate but expensive for a very basic stay and service
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Communication poor with reception staff (Not the best grasp of English) General lack of interest at reception, despite guests being stood waiting for assistance.

Good location, comfy bed, good parking.

Effective, good value for money and pleasant!
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast had a limited and cramped choice but the ambiance was excellent. Segments of the hotel were slightly dirty and/or in need of repair like the bedroom carpet. A big hotel (55+ rooms) but extremely congested reception area. Overpriced snacks and confectioneries Not enough safety boxes

Staff were very polite, helpful & well trained. Car park was clean, convenient and free. Shower faculties and toiletries were great! Be sure to book well in advance to get the best rates!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Had problems with dated TV, manager and maintenance came to room, said it would be fixed by following day, arrival to find not fixed, went on for 3days, unresolved, complained every day, breakfast was suppose to start at 630,but was not for the first two days, am reporting this to holiday inn. Shaima was excellent on reception, but her hands were tied etc

Good in part, poor in others
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Noise of traffic even with window closed Bathroom light - main one not working TV had very poor sound quality - some channels e.g. BBC 2 not tuned in - fundamentally a very poor TV

Did not have breakfast

ok for a quick stop off
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Parking was horrendous, just managed to squeeze into the last space, right underneath some ventilation panels, which covered the car with dust overnight.

Generally a good hotel