Reviews of Holiday Inn Maidenhead Windsor 4 stars

Manor lane, Maidenhead, SL6 2RA, United Kingdom

#8 of 15 hotels in Maidenhead

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Looked like an old 70's concrete jungle behind some concrete jungle flats - don't believe the photos! Our room was awful, far too small to the point where we were tripping over things, it was horrible. We had a double bed & haven't stayed in a hotel for about 20 years without a King Size, it's what we're used to, got no sleep as a result of feeling cramped. The room had auto controlled heating, I hate that & we were cold in the late evening - no spare blankets either. The taxi company booked for us by the hotel took us to the wrong place, can you believe he didn't know where the admissions entrance was for Windsor Castle in his big flash Mercedes. He had the football on the radio loud & was completely ignorant. We arrived late & were 1 minute from not being let in at all. It was very stressful & embarrassing. Paid £22 for breakfast - we got there about 9:15 am because we had no sleep & were shattered, breakfast ends at 09:30. We were seated & got our 1st drinks, then I went to the toilet, I got back & all the food & juices had been cleared away, no notice, no warning - cheated out of my breakfast. Would not recommend this hotel. The rates if you don't book online are unbelievably high!

The pool facility is lovely. The staff are friendly & helpful.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

all fine except the air conditioning. its set at 20 c but when it was on . room was cold. much better turned off.

reception staff. indian tall lady sunday 3rd on in the morning 10.00 am to noon.absolutely top notch.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

N/A. We were only here for the night and it suited us well.

Easy to find, good size room and hotel very clean. Staff were friendly and efficient. Good value for money.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was a little noisy. We were in 201 and you could hear the automatic door below....

Bed was very comfortable, checking in was easy (as was checking out). Great choice for breakfast and excellent quality.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No plug sockets by the bed. The pool wasn’t very warm and the jacuzzi wasn’t working, although someone was there working on it so presume it was just our bad timing.

The hotel was really convenient for our visit to the Fat Duck. The room was small but clean and the bed was comfy. We had a good nights sleep and then a decent breakfast the next morning (although not quite as fancy as the previous days lunch at Heston’s!)

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Only little irritation was that lights in the room were all controlled by one master switch, so if you wanted overhead lights off to sleep, the lights at bedside didn't work. There was a bedside plug only on one side.

VERY clean property, both rooms and public spaces. Room temp was very easy to control, which was most appreciated. Great shower; extremely comfortable beds; delicious food, which was also available in lounge area. Very family friendly. We didn't use either pool or workout room, but they looked great and were favorite places for families. All around an excellent place to stay. The staff couldn't have been nicer -- all of them.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing, I was not here long enough to pick up any faults!

I was only here for one night and arrived late in the evening after a long drive and was leaving at 6.15 in the morning so did not sample the food or leisure facilities etc but I was impressed with the receptionist who gave me a quiet room on the third floor so I could get a good night's sleep, which I did. The room was very clean, had toiletries, hair dryer etc. Very comfy bed. Will definitely return and stay for longer. A good location for Windsor too, easy to find off the M4 and I noticed a Toby carvery and an Indian restaurant close by.

• Double Room - Wheelchair Access/Non-Smoking

Really enjoyed our staying. We had privacy as well with good service. Breakfast was really good, all organised well and well atttended. Staff was ready to help and friendly.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The awful state of the bedroom

I booked this for a break with my partner for my Birthday . The room was tiny and shabby with badly marked furniture . A disappointment.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Not really a problem but we had early start Saturday am & the Starbucks didn’t open til 8 at weekend.

Made an “it will do” booking based on proximity to Dorney Lakes. Very pleasantly surprised by hotel. Staff very helpful. Restaurant staff very attentive & friendly. Dinner menu “2 for £39.99” very tasty & filling. Bed very comfortable. Lots parking onsite.

• Standard Room

The cafeteria/bar... it was full of people and the lighting. It look more like a playroom than a bar. Very noisy, big room.

It was very convenient for the purpose of the trip. The personnel.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived early and our room was ready (2hrs before check in!) we were told to use the spa facilities during our stay and even after we check out the following day. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The spa was wonderful 😃 the swimming pool was warm the Jacquizzi empty and bubbly the steam and sauna so relaxing. Check out was easy. All staff were exceptionally pleasant and I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Requested conditioner as stated that it could be provided if we forgot it, phoned room service and they said they would try? That’s not what the sign says in the bathroom “try” - it says it will provide! Nothing turned up - poor.

Pool, sheets were soft

Nothing really

Excellent room, quiet as at end of corridor, very comfy bed & good room facilities (coffee/tea etc provided) Didn’t use pool or eat at hotel so can’t comment on them

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Movies were very expensive - paid for a movie that I didn't even watch because it wasn't great (the selection was almost non-existent too) - ended up watching Saw instead. Also you can't have the bedside lamps on without the ceiling light on. Thermostat was a pain to figure out, got cramped feet from the chilliness. Shower head is ring locked, which makes it a nightmare to use when you're my size and don't like simply standing under it (I'm 6 ft 1). Walls were way too thin, I could hear the guests on one side of the room and I don't blame them for the noise, I blame the structure for the building. Side doors are locked for security late at night, which means going out for a cigarette is one heck of a trip.

Very comfortable bed, excellent parking, remarkably spacious bathroom, excellent facilities on the TV - even a USB port to charge my phone which was great because it was an unplanned stay so the only other way to charge my phone would have been in the car. Great coffee making facilities, nice clean kettle; been a while since I've had an instant coffee that great and for once, I've stayed in a hotel that provides enough milk relative to the amount of coffee one's likely to drink on a single overnight stay.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows......there were 4 (2 each ) and ALL of them were rock hard. The bar prices were very expensive too.

Breakfast was really good with a lot to choose from including full English

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

For a 4 star Holiday Inn, I was disappointed that there wasn't a biscuit with the coffee/tea tray in the room! I've stayed in 4 star Hiltons and they do biscuits and a complimentary bottle of water! Didn't like the amount of people for breakfast, but that's me as I'm used to staying away for business during the week, and forget how full hotels can be with families at weekends!

The staff worked really hard in the breakfast room - credit to the hotel. Beds were really comfy and the room on the 3rd floor was really quiet. Hotel accommodated my request for high floor and away from the lift which was appreciated

• Standard King Room

Breakfast plates and breakfast cold and unappetising Water in bedrooms disgusting and needs filrtering wouldn't drink it

Bar area and loung staff and facilities super Bed very unconfortable

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We spent an exhausting day out on Saturday leaving at 8am and returning back to our room around 8pm and the room was exactly as we left it, bed unmade, dirty towels, a full bin and no tea or coffee. When we approached a house keeping member of staff in the corridor and asked if they were coming to do our room they said no.

Great, pool and gym area, nice restaurant and friendly staff

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It was a particularly hot and busy weekend, but breakfast felt a little manic as the room was packed and noisy, and didn't have much ventilation/lighting. The shower took a while to warm up each time we turned it on. Car park was very full so we had to walk quite far to the hotel entrance each time.

Comfortable and clean room with all the amenities we could possibly have needed. It was nice to have AC and a fridge as it was a hot weekend. Lovely little pool/jacuzzi, and a good spread for breakfast. Bar staff very helpful in providing an icebucket and glasses/ice for our room.

• Standard Room

the noise from the back of the hotel in the early hours of the morning (Sunday)

the staff was friendly and very helpful. the hotel was spacious, the restaurant could have been a bit bigger and with a little more deco.

There was nothing wrong.

The bedroom was very large, a comfortable bed and the bathroom well equipped with all the expected items. The staff were very friendly and obliging and the bar staff were efficient and helpful. The evening meal at the restaurant was delicious.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast buffet, looked amazing and what a choice, however, food slightly undercooked, but when catering for so many people in such a short amount of time, these things can happen. The wifi was stated to be free when booking, which it is sort of, but then when you check in, it stated if you wanted to stream video it would cost £9.95, I think this was top heavy, I opted to go with the free wifi and guess what it streamed video perfectly fine, so think this is a bit naughty, really should clarify this at time of booking and reduce the price as that is a lot of money for 1 nights wifi.

Fantastic staff, so helpful and polite. Went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Great location and easy to find. Will definitely stay again.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Came for the jacuzzi spent money for the trip as we don’t live nearby and was informed this was the best to attend but jacuzzi was broken. For both days we stayed

Nice hotel with a lot to do, bar restaurant dining avaliable gym access with swimming pool sauna facilities.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The menu was basic and very over priced,the restaurant area smelt of stale fried food. We went out to eat

Place was clean, the staff friendly and the bed comfortable

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not knowing anything about the Beauty Room and what was offered there

Enjoyed everything about the hotel x The leisure facilities was great x staff were great x The whole package was fab

• Standard King Room

Staff on reception downright rude. Not ideal for pram or disabled. Huge hotel. Only 1 lift. It broke down. Disabled mother was ignored. Requested chair by lift. Ignored. Staff were not helpful at all. Restaurant prices expensive. Food cold. Not cooked properly. No apology. Put me off Holiday Inn.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

You have to take expensive taxis to the sights like Legoland and windsor. Taxi cost ca 30punds. Small beds, expensive breakfast and they didnt fix so the childrens food was free unless you reminded them. Really bad because it was the hotels promotion, that children eat for free with one paying adult.

Nice price

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The property was in a good location as we were able to walk to the train station. Staff were friendly, rooms were comfortable, spacious and clean. We loved the pool!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The picture of the pool and "spa" is alot bigger on the website when we got there it was much smaller and a bit crowded in the actual pool, the bubbles in the jaccuzi didnt work (and hadnt been for months according to a regular member of the spa) and the rooms are alot smaller then shown on the website.

The room was nice and clean and had a decent shower and bath, tv was a bigger size then expected and the bed was really comfy. The staff are really friendly. Would recommend staying here if you need a cheaper option and a short stay. They also allow takeaway in your room which i did and alert you from reception when the foods there if you didnt want to eat in the restaurant.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The price of confectionary in the lounge bar.

We found the bed most comfortable, the room was a good size and well equipped. The breakfasts were good and our grandchildren especially enjoyed the pool when they visited us, we have now pre booked a further long weekend later in the year

• Standard King Room

I complained on check out about the plug socket above the fridge which wasn’t working. The only mirror is in this area so I was unable to dry my hair with the use of the mirror. It was very annoying and I felt the Reception staff weren’t that apologetic. I also wonder if it’s been reported before and not actioned as it’s next to the kettle and tea and coffee making facilities. Premier Inn would have given us a discount or refund if we had stayed there and been unhappy. 😟

Very comfortable bed. Lovely plentiful breakfast and the Restaurant Manager was very polite and attentive and found us a table in a quieter part of the restaurant.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

When I wanted to come back and stay at Maidenhead for the same rates as I had booked from 9th- 12th......My intended stay was from 20th - 22nd... The rates were extremely very very very high... I finally stayed at Holiday Inn Express @ Slough where the rates were also high but relatively cheaper than Maidenhead...

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

If I knew how many children go to this hotel I would not have picked it also for a double vodka with a soft drink £11.25 it’s ridiculously over priced. I could understand if not many people went to this hotel but there was loads of guests. The hot breakfast was awful sausages are chewy, scamble egg was not great, bacon was very thick and the executive room is tiny not sure what is the difference between a double room. Staff are friendly and polite and room was comfortable.

Food menu at bar is lovely Hot Breakfast was not nice at all Staff are friendly

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The reception area at the weekend I stayed was over-run with noisy children running wild and completely out of control even at midnight. A quiet drink in the bar was right out of the question. I was told it is a regular occurrence at the weekend as the hotel accommodates children on trips to nearby Legoland. I had a room away from the worst of this but wouldn't have hesitated in complaining had I have been close to it all

The room I had overlooked the gardens at the end of a corridor so was peaceful and quiet. The room was beautifully clean with fresh crisp bed linen, a comfortable bed and a good nights sleep.There was a good wi-fi signal, tea and coffee making facilities.

• Standard King Room

There was nothing we did not like ..... nothing more to say on that.Just an excellent stay and we were very satisfied.

We liked everything about our stay. We came down to see family members and the location suited us fine. We have stayed in Holiday Inns all over the country and the Maidenhead one rated very high, so thank you for that.

• Standard King Room

the Aircon in the room didn't work For an executive room the room was incredibly small. the bathroom incredibly dissapointing The bar is exceptionally over priced

the pool and hot tub facilities are what attracted me to book at maidenhead

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

my wife found if difficult to shower, this was over bath, she had her left arm in plaster and a hip replacement so found it very difficult to step into the bath to shower. last year when we stayed at the same hotel we had room 253 which was excellent. but this room was taken, although i did request it.

very near the venue where i had a school reunion

• Double Room - Wheelchair Access/Non-Smoking

My room was facing directly into the bar. So I couldn't really open the curtains to let some light in whilst I was getting ready. The room was dark - unlikely to be a problem anywhere else though. There was a little mildew in the bathroom and the bath would be better described as a bird-bath. Overall the bathroom was fine albeit that a couple of tiny areas were showing signs of age. The place was over run with loads of screaming kids all going to Lego Land. Not a lot that the staff could do about that but the noise was annoying. And eggs were undercooked at breakfast but now I'm starting to get really picky.

The hotel itself is very nice. Welcoming on arrival with nice decor and friendly staff. Check in was quick and simple. The room looked nice when I got into it and was of a decent size. Everything looked clean and fresh so was a great room. The kettle and odds and ends around the room were all fine.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We had just travelled from Dubai and had not slept for 21 hours we asked for a quiet room and it was perfect[slept for 10 hours]We had three breakfast which were excellent looking forward to our next stay.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bedroom was tatty and in need of a refurb. The water didn't drain from the basin and the carpet in the tiny room was marked, as was the bed and the headboard, I also found the bar prices excessive. There was an empty fridge in the room which seemed a little pointless and just took up more room.

The quality of the food in the restaurant was very good

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Move the play area for the kids away from the bar

All good the food was excellent and lots of it. The only downside was there were lots of children in the play area next to the bar and they were very noisy. I went to bed early because of the noise on the night we stayed!!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pool water was cold and the Jaccui was "time controled" 10 mins on and 12 mins off!!! Also the power when on was about 50% and not really very good. We booked 2 nights before the original 3 nights so we stayed for 5 nights but after the 2 nights when we went back to our room which was a long walk from reception, we found ourselves looked out. Also on this day they did not do "room service"

Very nice hotel, welcoming, friendly and with very good general facilities

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

the place was nice and warm every where. the breakfast was good plenty of choice. we use the pool that was a bonus. we found that really warm as well. we were only there one night but we enjoyed our stay

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The shower was unfortunately very poor as was our friend’s who were next door. Shocking changes in pressure and temperature were frequent, presumably dependent on whether next door was running their shower. Also, as mentioned above the bed was made poorly. Finally, when using the lockers in the spa/gym, it swallowed my pound but wouldn’t work and the staff member on the desk was unable to rectify it. Instead of just giving me a pound from the till she suggested I came back later but I was checking out that morning anyway so it did not get resolved.

The room was clean and comfortable, as was the bed, although it wasn’t made very well. The sheet didn’t seem to fit very well and we had to remake it on both days. The extra pillows provided by the staff made it a good nights sleep. The pool and jacuzzi were a lovely extra and I was pleased use of these facilities were included in the stay.

• Standard King Room

The view from the bedroom window was not great as it overlooked some of the ventilation equipment, but this did not detract from our our stay in any way.

The stay was excellent and the the staff went out of there way to help.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Premier inn is much better value for money. It wasnt as clean as expected. I was very dissapointed with the room. The hair dryer was broken and poor quality. The check in person didnt explain anything about facilities or breakfast. At check out I was not asked how is was.

It was local to where I wanted to be. Breakfast was nice

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Pool jacuzzi comandeered by a group of people so that no one else was allowed to go in &they were taking lots of photographs which us not usually allowed in public pools.

Very polite &efficient staff.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

As for a 4 start hotel I expected the building to be better looking from outside, and the rooms to be bigger. The building looks rather like a 2-star place.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Excellent room. Very comfortable, quiet, leading on to a pleasant garden corner. Coffee and tea facility was good to have in the room. Bath was great to enable me to have a relaxing soak. The whole room was big enough for our needs.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bed too small. Breakfast cost extra.

Simple room, good shower, small bed (used to kingsized these days!), but overall not a bad stay for the money. I wouldn't book again purely because the bed was too small for the two of us. Bathroom was fine.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was so cold - it was actually warmer to sit in reception. My husband seldom feels the cold but even he complained that he didn't sleep well because of the room temperature.

Nice size room, comfortable bed. Friendly staff

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was no chainnon my ground floor room, which for a mature lady staying alone was not ideal. The reception desk was not well informed, Bailey she sent me to the pool area to request any beautician slots. Apparently there was no beautician for the last six months. Breakfast was good. Overall o wpukdcstay againbthiugh

The location suited my needs perfectly and was quiet and facilities were good value.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

One of the late night male receptionist could have been more polite when I decided to book breakfast for the following morning.young lady

The whole experience. It was a regional staff dinner for sainsburys.change of venue this year.and it was a good move. Young lady receptionist excellent service throughout my short stay. 100% score for her on my arrival to departure. Food all freshly cooked both restaurant and private reception. D J kept the party mood going. All round excellent evening well done.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Extortionate price at function bar. £25 for two double vodka and mixer! Daylight robbery! Room service tray left outside room from ordering (Just after check in approx 4pm) until we checked out at 1130am next day! 20 minutes to check in - busy Saturday afternoon and one receptionist working. She was very friendly though :-)

Food at function was ok

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was quite small and there was a draft of cold air coming through the windows making the room feel very cold at night time.

The hotel is in a great location and was perfect for where we needed to go. Overall a nice stay.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pop up bar at the event I was attending was very cramped and we waited a long time to be served

Very nice rooms and the lady who checked us in was lovely.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Shower in the room was cold and never got hit at all Key card was temperamental took several attempts to open the door

The staff worked hard at the mealtime for Sainsbury’s regional ball

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

the curtain in the bathroom was ripping off ( couple rings ) and it should be changed because once it got wet it became to heavy

we did not had breakfast in the hotel

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

That even after you've paid tget still required £100 per night deposit to hold and now two weeks later they havent returned the money yet. A great amount of baNk Profits for holiday Inn holding customers money, it seems Holiday inn has gone backwards.

QUALITY OF FOOD

• Standard King Room

Pillows poor and no choice or extras. Near rear entrance and kept awake by smokers shouting and laughing outside until late. No power points near bed. No mirror on desk to do makeup. Not many teabags etc in room. Had to ask for more.

Shower good. Room very clean. Staff really friendly

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

As mentioned above, bed not comfortable, room and breakfast pots not particularly clean - seems to be a lack of attention to detail in that regard and the administration processes with invoicing was poor, putting all the payment on one room causing an overpayment and an accusation that we hadn't paid when we tried to check out.

Location was great for what we needed

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

not enough staff at the bar, and the present staff wasn't very efficient. Nobody ever answered the number for room service

One member of staff in the gym was especially helpful and friendly

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness of room was fine but the smell of stale tabacco in the corridor which entered the room as soon as the door was opened was MOST unpleasant. This was mentioned to reception on our way out mid way through our stay upon return some attempts had been made to eliminate the acrid smell

The bed suited me, the facilities were great loved the pool in the morning. Breakfast booked while there saved nearly a fiver.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The restaurant was not open so we had to eat in the bar and the offer of two courses plus glass of wine for two people did not apply to a main course and a dessert.

Breakfast was copious and very good . One of the coffee machines was not working properly but fortunately there was a second machine which was working well.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It was a very cold couple of days. The room was cold even though we turned the heating on full. There were no extra blankets in the room so we got some from the car. Pillows were rather lumpy.

Lovely relaxed atmosphere. Comfortable lounge and dining area. Ease of booking in and out. Good food

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Furniture and carpets in the room need an update. Table scrattched. Carpet spotty. Felt a bit rundown and tired out.

Bar area good. Breakfast area good - good selection of food. Friendly staff.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We booked this hotel as our planned holiday to Spain was cancelled. Spa was closed which was a major disappointment, only reason we chose this hotel. Checked your web-site, no indication of this.

Good location, good breakfast.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I arrived via the back of the hotel. Don’t be put off by its appearance. Very nice inside.

The receptionists were very helpful and efficient. Perfectly adequate for my one night stay. The room was compact but comfortable. Again, this time of year, hotels should really review the bedding, as only a flimsy duvet is provided, with no extra blanket available in the room. A little bit chilly.

• Standard King Room

Nice hotel. Reception, foyer area and restaurant all clean, welcoming and efficient. Room was fine, a bit small but clean and fully functional for an overnight business stay.

• Standard King Room

Nothing I could see in the short time we were there.

The bed was really comfy, there was an excellent choice of breakfast foods from cooked to continental and plenty of it.

• Standard King Room

It was quite noisy at times but we put this down to Christmas functions which are to be expected in hotels at this time of year. We thought the restaurant offered a limited dinner menu.

Convenient location, excellent parking and friendly staff and good facilities but we did not use the leisure centre

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The view! Overlooking a building site. No lift to the older part of the hotel so had to drag my suitcase up two flights of stairs.

Good location, great value, a bit too busy though on Saturday night, full of party goers

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Quilt and pillows so thin.felt very old and lumpy Had to put heating on constant, looked forward to relaxing bath after long journey water only warm not hot.such a shame disappointed

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bar food prices are excessive. Fish and Chips at £14.50 and Chicken Curry at £14.50. 10% service charge added to the bill regardless of the quality of the service. We had to query the bill as there were errors including a free children's menu being charged as an adult

Location and Parking facilities