Reviews of Holiday Inn Southampton Eastleigh 3 stars

#2 of 3 hotels in Eastleigh

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Access to the pool.
    • Double Room with Single Chairbed - Non-Smoking

reception forgot to mention having to register car number plate in the PC for the car park. Very long wait at the bar. TV in the bar (went to watch the football) was very fuzzy and unwatchable, staff member said 'haven't been here long so don't know'.

Access to the pool.

Comfy beds, room air con, location, room cleanliness, staff,...

Car park full (unable to park), car park littered with rubbish, bar stocks poor (stayed for 4 nights and Guinness tap dry after the 1st night (no, I didn’t drink it all!).

Comfy beds, room air con, location, room cleanliness, staff, good shower/en suite

Overall excellent hotel the staff are very accommodating would stay again,
    • Standard Room

The price of Breakfast it would have cost myself and my wife [not partner] over 50 pound for four breakfasts, Also at the start of the questionnaire it refers to couples as partners I may be old fashioned but a extra tick box to indicate spouse or wife would be nice .

There were a number things that I didn't quite like, but the staff made all the difference.
    • Executive Double Room

It wasn't completely clean in the corners. There was underwear left in the draw that had been unchecked before we had the room. I had to dust the shelves myself before I could use them. The bath area had a lot of rust, paint peeling and the mat was yellow from age - I didn't like that at all.

It was child friendly, staff were pleasant. It was right in the middle of where we wanted to be. The bed was comfortable and the television was nice and big. The swimming pool was fun and it was nice that they had a small play area for the children.

Good room very comfy but restaurant prices and presentation let it down.
    • Standard Room

The Restaurant menu was very expensive, a veggie burger was £13 and came as it was all on its own on a plate, no garnish not even a lettuce leaf, it looked very stark, but it did taste good. chips were extra. Don't mind paying a little extra if there are a few little extras that warrant it. we were kept waiting for a table although the restaurant was half empty.

The Bed was very comfy. There was loads of parking.

I was put in a room with an adjoining door to another room,...

I was put in a room with an adjoining door to another room, and in the middle of the night the room adjoining to us trying gaining access to our room whilst we slept, we we awoken with fright and when we made them aware we were awake by saying something to them they laughed and joked. The walls are so thin you could hear people all night, hardly slept and had a very uncomfortable bed. Wouldn’t recommend

Disappointing dated hotel , with bad standards.
    • Standard Room

Dirty tables , stained crockery . Noisy families . Smelled cigarette smoke from a non smoking corridor of rooms . Average boring food menu choice with exorbitant prices .

A quiet room as requested

Quite a nice bar, restaurant area.
    • Standard Room

Did not like the 10am check out Did not like the room being 'buzzed' several times at 10am to remind about check out

Quite a nice bar, restaurant area. Wheelchair Accessible room v.good

''One to avoid if you don't have children and wsnt good food.'
    • Standard Room

Not for mature guests, children running wild in the dining room and screaming at breakfast time... Avoid this hotel unless you have kids. More like a canteen than a dining room. Breakfast ok but hot food luke warm or cold. Had one dinner there at night, tnat was enough and we decided to eat out then. Would rste it as 2/3* max. Would not go back again.

Bedroom slways clean, maids were nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

We will not be back.
    • Standard Room

We were not told that we had to book a table for breakfast at weekends. We had to have our breakfast in the bar. We are both disabled and dodging children in the restaurant added to our disability and pain. Also there are only 3 disabled parking spaces that we never got to use as they were always full. One evening we had to park at the far end of the hotel car park around the side.

Comfortable and clean
    • Standard Room

Fire alarm went off at 5.45 am, we evacuated as per protocol, luckily false alarm.

Amenities - gym was good however, a water machine would make it more comfortable as it was very hot. Swimming pool was adequate and the jacuzzi tub was clean. Steam spa room was a little worn and shabby.

Adequate, but in no way justified the cost.

See above. + bathrooms need upgrade and bar staff not particularly attentive.

We were asked to pick a one hour slot for breakfast. We opted for 10:30 to 11:30 which was offered. I arrived at 10:30 to scrape together what I could from what could only be described as meagre remenants. My son arrived at 10:50 and the whole buffet had been cleared away and the restaurant closed. Nothing for him then. When complaining I was told thery could not offer a refund of the breakfast cost because I had prepaid through Booking.com and they could only have done so if I'd booked directly through them. I'll think twice in future. Sadly disappointed.

Used this hotel whilst I was attending an event.
    • Standard Room

The only thing that springs to mind is the temperature control on the shower didn't work. Adjusting it didn't seem to change the water temperature at all but curiously did seem to effect the amount of steam. 😂

Used this hotel whilst I was attending an event. Had to leave early in the mornings so can't comment on the breakfast but everything else was very good.

Disappointed in standard of rooms

I have been to stay at holiday inn before but in Manchester city centre were I very much enjoyed my stay and top marks all round. Hense why I decided to stay with you again in eastleigh. How ever this stay fell short and I was very disappoint in the room and the stay. It was not value for money. The room looked tired and the bathroom looked like my 90 year old grannys bath tub with tired looking tiles a dirty shower certain and yellow stained shower mat. Luckily I didn't stay long as it left a sour taste in my mouth about holiday inn in the future.

The breakfast and the location

Room comfortable and spotlessly clean.

Room comfortable and spotlessly clean. Swimming pool and sauna an added bonus. Staff all very friendly and helpful. A very pleasant stay. I highly recommend this hotel.

Disappointed with menus and food presentation - location and fitness facilities great.
    • Standard Room

Children's buffet was just junk food some of which was dried up from having been under hot lights for too long. Wasn't impressed by adults menu - not enough choice - so food gets a poor rating. Casual chair in room was filthy and worn with bleach marks on it. Somebody else's hair on toilet and bathroom floor when we arrived.

Location - fitness suite facilities.

Staff excellent. Hotel clean but our room needed redec.

The hotel is advertised as near Southampton airport which it is but breakfast at the weekend does not start until seven thirty which is late for travellers. Our friends had to check in by seven twenty

Welcoming staff

A short notice but pleasant stay
    • Standard Room

We stayed at short notice due to our journey being interrupted. We enjoyed a lovely meal in the bar in the evening but did not stay for breakfast as we were continuing our journey. I was very happy with the facilities and the staff.

Convenient stop from the ferry.

Fixtures & fittings need renewing, looking tired.

Convenient stop from the ferry. Requested & given a very quiet room, very comfy bed. Good breakfast

Perfect hotel for Southampton stop over.

Would definitely stay again but would upgrade to room with king size bed or twin beds as standard double not big enough for good nights sleep. Not the hotel’s fault, I should have checked at the time of booking.

Good place to stay over, handy for airport. Friendly staff and very helpful.

Overall - a very nice break!

Queuing for breakfast. Scrambled egg unfortunately was not very tasty.

Really enjoyed using the pool, jacuzzi etc. Good range of swim accessories to buy too.

Service with a smile

Room was fine let down by the peeling wall covering... and movies on demand only had "Ted2" available !!! Booked in given a room key only to find the allocated room was still being cleaned so they swapped my room over. Just takes the edge off the stay when reception checked before allocating the room that it was ready ..

Service with a smile

Pleasant staff. Basic but clean room.
    • Standard Room

Very basic room. Would have been good to have a small fridge. Bathroom could use a shelf or two to use for washbag etc.

Very convenient for our visit to Eastleigh.

Crap

Disgusting state of restaurant I complained to the main company in usa and received half my money back of £83 but was definitely not worth that amount let alone the £167 that I paid for one night if I was going again I'd buy a tent and sleep in carpark

Not a lot

Reception and check in was good.

The service was poor in the restaurant. The outside space was dirty. The room was dirty. In general the whole place needs an overhaul.

Reception and check in was good. The swimming pool and spa facilities were very good.

Nice staff excellent location for airport - hotel rooms very...

Wasn’t told pool was closed before stay would have been nice to have swim

Nice staff excellent location for airport - hotel rooms very dated & personally didn’t find bed that comfortable

Lovely hotel and good food (when it is available!)
    • Executive Double Room

On the first day, the hotel were not able to replenish the breakfast in time, so when I went up, there was hardly anything available. The next day, they were just about able to replenish it in time

The staff were very friendly upon check-in, check-out and breakfast.

Comfy stay again but disappointed the pool was not available

I booked 2 rooms and recommended 4 others to Book here also which they did -I Wasn’t aware on booking that the pool was closed for msimtence the week Of booking - I have stayed many times before because of the pool but would of stayed neare the port if I new pool was not open as they would off been cheaper also requested ground floor rooms as 2 of my 4 were elderly but we got first floor

Room, location and breakfast

Great for young families
    • Executive Twin Room

Breakfast time was bedlam, I understand that the hotel is very popular with families with young children, but it was very noisy children crying and shouting. Not so good if it was the morning after the night before.

Good location comfortable bed, reception staff very informative

Average. Other Holiday Inn’s I have stayed at are far better
    • Standard Room

Dated decor. No plug socket near the bed. Kettle was full of lime scale. A ball of someone else’s hair rolled up inside the bath mat. Limited channels on the TV

Breakfast was tasty. Bed was comfortable.

Convenient for my trip but no time for a relaxed breakfast
    • Standard Room

Light in room poor, desk light not working, had to sit on bed to read. Breakfast not pleasant- had to give a time in advance to take it, then wait far too long in a queue, before searching for milk to put in tea and rushing as I had little time.

Bed comfortable, swim and steam room accessible

Very very tired propert needs refurbishment urgently. Loyalty programme didn’t work at this hotel - highly disappointing

Chatty staff but not helpful with any knowledge of the loyalty programme and as such had to pay cash not use my points

Stayed in Holiday Inns twice in two weeks, i wont be using them again.

Room was tired. grout missing in bathroom, it felt dirty. Air con didn't work properly so room was really hot. The double bed was two singles pushed together, and it was really uncomfortable

the hospitality facilities are good. nice to see some vegan options on the menu.

One night away

The food was terrible menu could be better and the place was drafty as air con very cold one day does not make summer very disappointed

Conveniant for where we wNted to be

Fine for B&B but not relaxing at all in the evening.

Huge numbers of very young children staying up too late ( after 8.pm) and so the bar was not exactly peaceful. Not enough tables for breakfast - people were queuing to be seated.

Handy for the M3 - good Indian restaurant over the road

Great hotel, excellent staff and food

great location, staff lovely, and very helpfull. good food, had room service and was very impressed by size of portion and quality, would def stay here again.

Pleasant stay. Just about 4 star level.

Very noisy bath ! Sounded like a plane taking off ! Main hallway to bedrooms could do with a new carpet - A bit scruffy for a 4 star hotel.

Great welcome at check-in by pleasant and helpful staff. Also great friendly and efficient staff in bar/lounge area.

Perfect place to stay near the airport. Room was fine. Restaurant could be improved.
    • Standard Room

Restaurant was very busy and noisy, full of screaming children. Children can't help being children but what about a quiet area for those of us without young children? The restaurant had no ambience whatsoever. Service was a bit on the slow side because it was so busy but the staff were friendly and polite. The food, however, was good.

Location near the airport. Room was comfortable. Receptionist was very polite and helpful.

Convenient and clean

The enamel in our bath was coming off so it gave the appearance of the bath being grubby. We did not want to use the restaurant -would have preferred to just get something from a vending machine .Was directed to the fitness suite where there was a small selection of drinks and chocolate only.

The reception staff were extremely welcoming and helpful

We won't use Holiday Inn again.
    • Executive Double Room

The rooms were very tired looking. Air conditioning didn't work. Bathroom extractor fan didn't work. Executive room, apparently but no idea why. Others must be dreadful? Lack of lighting in room and tiny double bed!

Staff were great, as was the food. Hotel rooms need work though.

Amazing hotel and very friendly staff. We booked specifically because we enjoyed our stay here last

Breakfast is a little pricey but as i havent tried it i cant say whether or not it is value for money. Sauna was not working which was disappinting

Lovely comfy bed. Super friendly and welcoming staff

room ok there were very few tv channels only 7 available so...

room ok there were very few tv channels only 7 available so had to spend where at least sky sports was on where the chairs were not very comfortable a long time sitting in the lounge and no movies available in the room that were said to be available

Excellent all round!

Very comfortable room, excellent breakfast (FRESH (not tinned) fruit available at 7.30am). Great service. Really appreciate the early check-in, very helpful staff on Reception. Would return.

Second time staying here and both times we’ve found a very pleasant experience, thank you.
    • Standard Room

Shower curtain although put inside bath always seemed to spray on floor and the toilets don’t flush brilliantly, but otherwise great.

Bed was comfy and good to have choice of pillow. Cleanliness and friendliness from all staff was brilliant. Although we were there for a sad occasion it was a very pleasant stay. The breakfasts also had a good choice of food and again staff very pleasant.

Staff great, room looked like it could do with some tlc

Drawers in room were broken and the safe was already locked so we could not use it. Staff were very helpful and offered to change our room, but we opted not to

Staff were great

Disappointing and not up to expectations gained from stays at Holiday Inns in other locations.

Breakfast: poor value for money; plates cold and hot plate servery food overcooked and dried

Room 3 -needs a refurbiment (rather tired and not uo to the standard of other Holiday Inn rooms we have stayed in. Bathroom: h&c taps did not sychronise (too hot or cold only settings; underneath panellinng of wash basin detatched from basin and unsightly

The hotel was perfect for the sports venue I was visiting.

Thought the cost of breakfast and restaurant was a bit high for the quality and the snack menu left little hot alternatives. The nearest alternative to hotel food being in Eastleigh town centre 15mins away.

Friendly helpful staff. Excellent bathroom and hot shower Convenience of location to the sports centre which I was visiting was perfect.

Pool, Sauna etc are a great bonus in a place like this,...
    • Standard Room

Pool, Sauna etc are a great bonus in a place like this, staff were visible, helpful and cheerful. We had a a snack and breakfast there and enjoyed both. A cut above I would say.

Our flight was delayed booked hotel at last minute so easy,...

Our flight was delayed booked hotel at last minute so easy, on arrival cold and hungry staff were delightful straight to restraunt nice dinner effortless , good nights sleep in a comfortable bed early breakfast thank you for making a potentially stressful time easy

Night away in Eastleigh to visit the Christmas market in Winchester in a wonderful hotel.

The bed has huge and very comfortable, we both had an excellent nights sleep, the room was quiet and the air con kept it at a nice even temperature. Staff were very friendly and welcoming, we had a meal in our room and the service was excellent and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Enjoyable stay will use again
    • Executive Double Room

Mould in the bathroom. More disabled parking spaces.

The staff were very good. The breakfast one of the best I have had recently. The soundproofing in the room was very good

Not a good value for money
    • Executive Double Room

FILTHY bathroom, I travel a lot but I have never seen such filthy bathroom, there was pubic hair on the floor and in the bath, there was mouldy grouting around the bath. There also wasn’t a main light only in the hallway which was odd.

Breakfast was very good, there was plenty to chose from even close to 10:30, coffee machines were not working but that happens

poor nights sleep and uncomfortable room
    • Standard Room

The bed cover was so small it was uncomfortable all night. The bath was tiny. The room was small and cramped.

The bar was pleasant. Reception was well organised.

Not bad at all.

The hotel room was a bit outdated and the television channels were extremely limited.

I liked how friendly the staff were throughout the hotel. The restaurant staff (especially Chantelle) were very professional and the food was lovely.

2 days away
    • Standard Room

No bar prices on display, even on the mini bar in room. Drinks were very expensive. Bathroom needed repair work on bath panel.

It was clean, plenty of room in lounge area and it was close to were we wanted to be.

I enjoyed the comfortable room and the peace and quiet.

Breakfast could have been better - the industrial toaster burned the bread and the pastries were minute and not particularly fresh.

Comfortable beds and nice bathroom. The reception staff were very professional and helpful.

Lovely staff, spacious comfy room, easy parking

My only gripe was they only provided two sachets of sugar for me and my partner, I left a note to ask for more but was not given any, I phoned reception to ask for more and was told it would be brought up but it never was. Small issue but otherwise the stay would have been exceptional value for money.

Very spacious room, lovely receptionist on check in/out

A very pleasant stay with everything needed a home away from home
    • Standard Room

No hot chocolate in the room but in the grand scheme of things this was not a down point

Staff went above and beyond to cater for your every need very polite staff and professional. Facilities were very impressive and overall very clean

I slept well due to the thick curtains being stuck to the...

Gross to find food and lots more underneath the bed! All over cleanliness was very poor.

I slept well due to the thick curtains being stuck to the sides with Velcro, super idea! Nice beds too, unfortunately badly made so I had to take all the sheets off and make the bed myself.

Ideal pre-cruise stay

No complaints whatsoever

Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. Plenty of on-site parking. Excellent rate found on Booking.com. Very good value for the money.

The rooms were comfortable and clean.

There was no breakfast provided,we left the hotel at 6-15.to catch a flight,there was no kitchen staff to provide a small breakfast.

The rooms were comfortable and clean.

Great breakfast choice and having pool was why it was chosen.
    • Standard Room

The pool was freezing, the bed was too soft for my liking

Great breakfast choice and having pool was why it was chosen. The room was extremely clean and comfortable.

we had a pleasant start to our holiday!
    • Executive Double Room

the prices of the drinks and the restaurant. they are prices of town centre bars and restaurants but not quite the same quality

the Room was lovely and quiet even though the hotel was full.

Facilities were good and property was well located for what...
    • Standard Room

Were given a room with two single beds instead of a double. When asked for a change was sent to another room with 2 single beds. They got it right third time

Facilities were good and property was well located for what we needed

Poor experience

Cost of breakfast £14.95 compared to Premier Inn at *.95 for exactly the same thing. Dinner was expensive for what it was. Plates were cold, food warm, main course poor for price. Dinner served in what looked as it should have been a quiet reading area. Cold as directly in line with entrance, whilst large breakfast/dining area wasn't used. One member of staff (serving at breakfast) was jolly, everyone else seemed a little glum Laundry lorry collecting/picking up outside main entrance at 05.15hrs both mornings, Noisily.

Comfy and clean

A hotel that suits our visit. We would prefer to not have the noise distraction.
    • Standard Room

Noise from air-conditioning units on the adjoining roof right outside our window. Its noise did impact on our sleep. There was no staff able to do anything for us regards this impact on our booking.

Comfy room. Large bed. Use of Health Suite. Buffet breakfast with good cooked breakfast items.

Convenient location for airport but poor value for money

Lack of knowledge from reception staff. Room carpet had not been hoovered and there was stale food on the floor

The hotel is reasonably convenient for the airport but the reception staff had no idea how long the journey would take and suggested I allow 49 minutes by taxi. The journey time was 6 minutes. They knew it would be a Sunday morning around 7am but told me that the boat show was on!!! Luckily I'm intelligent enough to realize that the boat show doesn't open at 7am and my taxi arrived on time. I was also told that the M3 had been blocked the day before: the staff should be aware of their geographical location and know that to get to the airport you don't need to go on the M3.

Nice and quiet surroundings
    • Standard Room

We'd like to have more variety of food for breakfast. Bed wasn't a double, the hotel joined two single beds and made them a double!!

Very large parking space and good wi-fi service. Very cloase to Costa Cafe

Nice comfortable stay.
    • Standard Room

As a Blue Badge, disabled driver, there were too few disabled spaces close to the entrance. Also, and annoyingly, most of the cars parked in the disabled spaces were not displaying blue badges and were, therefore, not disabled! Mostly large 4 x 4 s! Although I mentioned this when booking in my comments were ignored? Secondly, decided to eat in the hotel on the first evening. Although the staff in the restaurant were very polite and pleasant the time taken to be seated in served was far, far too long and looked very muddled and inefficient.

Convenient location for visiting relatives in Eastleigh and Gosport.

Outstanding place to stay.

One night not enough.

Stayed with my granddaughter,as at Peppa world,what a great place,large clean room,good shower bath,good TV, comfortable beds,all staff so polite and helpful,good food,kids eat free, lovely breakfast in the morning,and the use of the the outstanding pool,and amenities,and a lovely touch of a goody bag for my granddaughter when we arrived,thanks to everyone one there, especially the guy who brought all our food out,and the jugs of water with ice and lemon.

A lovely stay
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Set evening meal shared with other travellers who were exceptionally rude! Not a great selection of food and cold if you didn't arrive at 7pm!

Staff exceptional especially Frank & Jack! Pool facilities great! Breakfast very good! Room big and clean! Bed comfy!

It was average

Queuing for half hour for breakfast - asking reception to help us organise a taxi that didn't ever arrive and asking me to swipe my card for extras and taking £30 when I didn't have anything extra except a drink from the bar - which I paid cash for?? What was the extra £30 cost for??

Location and ease of finding the place

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

convenient

Breakfast was adequate. Lots of pleasant staff but noone clearly taking a lead. Lack of options for vegan/vegetarian......noone took the trouble to explain anything. Bathroom needs an upgrade, but still okay.

Comfy beds in a good sized room. Very pleasant welcome from the male receptionist even though very late/early.

The cooked items available for breakfast were almost...

The cooked items available for breakfast were almost tastless. The coffee was from a machine and not a good quality , I would D not book a room that included breakfast again but I would stay at the hotel in the future as this the only negative comment i have

terrible

staff being woken up at 9am after checking in at around 1am to be told if I was staying later I had to go and see reception which I already knew by an extremely condescending and rude woman. Being woken up a further 2 times for no reason. Discovering only today that payment was not taken when I checked in The general attitude and being constantly disturbed means that I will not stay at this hotel again

I was not happy with a number of things at this hotel