Reviews of Holiday Inn Telford Ironbridge 3 stars

St Quentin Gate, Telford, TF3 4EH, United Kingdom

#4 of 18 hotels in Telford

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Great Breakfast, only £10 increase in room cost if booked before staying. it was more expensive if purchased afterwards. There was a big wedding on at the time we stayed, but actually the layout of the hotel, we were far enough away from the function rooms, we didnt hear a thing!. Friendly staff, all in all, a bit of a gem really 8-)

• Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is advertised as holiday Inn Ironbridge so we hoped it was near the famous Ironbridge but we were disappointed to find we were six miles away and the hotel is actually in Telford town centre

Staff all very polite and professional ,food in restaurant was very good

There was nothing.

The outstanding feature of this overnight stay was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff throughout the hotel. It really couldn't have been better. Thank you.

• Standard Room

Room was a lot bigger than expected with a lovely view. Staff were all very friendly. Breakfast was lovely and we made good use of all the facilities. Would love to return!

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The cleanliness of the room and hotel were excellent,the food very good. The swimming pool looked inviting but we only had a short stay but will be back with swimming costumes. Just a 10 min walk into Telford and short drive to the Ironbridge. There were workmen there refurbishing rooms but didn't start work until 9 so overall the hotel was excellent. Thank you for a pleasant stay and will be back.

• Standard Room

Air con remote needed better range, confused us for a while til we worked that out.

Windows and curtains combination was amusing (full size curtains for half-size windows) Friendly staff

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

staff very helpful, great location, food beautiful and reasonably priced , leisure facilities great our room very comfortable would visit again.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The spa pool was broken and this is something I always put in to my filter when looking for a place to stay so was a little disappointed

Clean, staff where great, breakfast was fantastic especially the omelette

Personally, my husband and I both found the bed uncomfortable, it was too hard and the pillows were either too flat or too big, please remember this is our personal opinion and not a complaint :) We tried to book a spa treatment, I had left a message with reception a few days before our trip to try and book a treatment, however the beautician didn't respond to my message, once we had checked in we asked the receptionist for the telephone number and I called, no answer but did leave a message, still no response. I did receive a callback to state she had no avaialbility over the weekend but was free on Tuesday - we left on Sunday. Again, not really a complaint was just looking forward to a bit of pampering and was disappointed - perhaps she could look at an online booking system.

Resturant within the hotel was lovely, thought it maybe a little expensive but I was proved wrong, meal was delicious and the staff were all really helpful and accommodating. The pool and jacuzzi was a bonus, we came down for a swim at about 3.30ish to be told part of the pool was to be cornered off due to local swimming lessons, I was a little dubious to be honest but I needn't have worried, the children were impecciably behaved and just got on with their lesson. At one point I had the jacuzzi all to myself - it was fabulous! :) Literally 10 mins walk from the hotel is the town centre full of bars, resturants, a supermarket and the best park I have ever been to.

no problems at all

Our room and extras were very good. the staff were helpful. Our first visit to a Holiday Inn and would not hesitate to visit again.

• Standard Room

All staff were very polite however , 1 young male member of staff thought it was appropriate on day 3 of being there to question a friends request at breakfast to charge the breakfast for two people to her room when she had done this on the two previous mornings without any fuss. Fortunately a very helpful female member of staff came and just put the information into the computer in 1 minute and produced a receipt where the customer was able to sign. He did cause a temporary feeling of anger, but as all other staff were very polite, he was soon forgotten.

Breakfast was good and had plenty of choice. I liked the fact that you could order an omelette of your Choice. After 3 days however the choice of meals were quite limited for lunch and dinner. Some pasta dishes, roasts for a Sunday, sea food etc would be a welcome addition. Provision of a fridge in my room was a great addition for an overall charge of £20.

The organisation at breakfast was a little chaotic, it was hard for the waiting staff to see who needed tea/coffee as everyone was sitting randomly.

We were really impressed with this hotel. The staff were really helpful and offered to book us in to the restaurant for the night. The room was clean, well decorated and perfect for our short stay. We booked the swimming pool for the evening (adult only time), which was nice. The steam room wasn't working but the jacuzzi was nice. The food in the hotel was reasonably priced and delicious. We had easy access to Shrewsbury, Bridgenorth and Ironbridge which we enjoyed during our stay.

Leaving

Everything was great from check in to check out , staff were lovely bedroom was great and the staff even placed the towels in the shape of a birthday cake and sprinkled it with happy birthday confetti and chocolates for my son when we arrived , reception gave him a birthday card and voucher for a cookie . The breakfast was the best iv had in ages and again the staff were great and got the chef to put happy birthday in chocolate on my sons pancakes . The hotel was exceptional from start to finish 😄

Noisy air con unit. Adhesive strip on bottom of bath for anti slip were grubby. Very low pressure to shower head Very slow fill to w.c.( ok so long as one visit isn’t followed by another) Hubby didn’t like the pillows although I found them ok ( unusual as I rarely sleep in an hotel bed)

Lovely friendly, welcoming & helpful staff. Accommodation met our need, good value for money. Ideally located for our visit (attending the funeral of a family friend).

The only problem was the corridor noise. On the Sunday morning just after 7 a.m. there was machinery noise from the outside. Then a few minutes later doors were continuously slamming from the other rooms and children screaming in the corridors. By 7:30 a.m. I was forced to wake up. I understand the hotel doesn't have control over the other guests but they could at least do something about the doors slamming shut.

The location is great for visiting Ironbridge and the surrounding area. The room was large, comfy and reasonably clean. The air conditioning was greatly appreciated with the hot weather. The bar was inviting and there was even live piano music.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Could have done with more milk/coffee in the room. I did ask for more though and was given it immediately.

The beds were very comfortable, the room was very clean and the staff friendly and helpful

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

We had no lights that worked in room- didn't find out until we got back late at night and it was dark; but we were too tired to phone staff & inform them - all wall lights didn't work nor did air conditioning but TV worked and we had a little lamp a little hard to see at night but ok when you put tele on 😃 Told staff next day so they could repair for next visitors to hotel .

Beds very comfy; bathroom spotless . Rooms a decent size and staff very friendly . Room service food gorgeous & a lovely view from window watching rabbits runaround on field beautiful

No hot food available on night menu, not even a club sandwich or Pizza. It was annoying to hear that I could order in hot food to my room from outside take away establishments but not have this from the hotel. There should be a night kitchen member available for this. My group requires this facility and for this reason I will not be using the hotel for future business or pleasure use.

location and genera facilities were ok

• Standard Room

Would have preferred a bedroom with separate shower, and I guess some of the rooms did have just showers.

Excellent accommodation and breakfast. Had bar meal in the evening which was better than expected.

• Standard Room

The bed was very hard and our room was right next to the lifts so we heard people early in the morning and late at night.

The pool and spa was great, breakfast and location was fab.

• Standard Room

Scratchy towels. Smell of paint. Poor value breakfast.

Convenient location. Perfect for access to Town park and xmcyckeway to Ironbridge. Relaxing spa facilities.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The seating area in the bar wasn't particularly big. Soya milk was not provided free of charge like the regular milk for tea making facilities.

The rooms were a lovely size. The parking was close to the property and it's location was central to everything.

• Standard Room

Lunch service was very slow... the staff did their best but there was quite a wait.

I asked for a little green dinosaur in my room and the staff made sure there was - and were so delighted about doing so 😊

• Standard Room

A friend was charged for soy milk to use to make tea in her room which was disappointing since non-dairy alternatives are relatively mainstream now.

Excellent location for convention centre, comfortable rooms & good food/bar choices.

• Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

The coffee making facilities are incorporated in a gap within the wardrobe. And you have no plug there so you have to move the tray to the dressing table. There is plenty of room on the dressing table for it so that’s not a problem. But it just seems strange that you have to move it. I was expecting a lovely breakfast as the afternoon tea had been brilliant but I didn’t like the breakfast much. I had scrambled egg the first day which I found tasteless and a sausages which was very greasy. The coffee was excellent. Staff lovely. The next day I had fried egg on toast which wasn’t too bad. But it was not a full English. It was a shame and I probably would not stay again because of the breakfast.

Fridge in my executive room. And dressing gown and slippers. I was attending a team meeting with afternoon tea and we had an excellent selection of food which was amazing.

Bathroom facilities in room 208, seemed to have been broken by a previous guest. Shower was weak. Hair dryer is room is also not very good so I suggest taking your own.

Hotel is easily located next to the International Centre where I was attending a conference the next day

TV was small for the room, it was quite hot and took me a while to work out how to get the old air conditioning system to work. There was a sewage smell in the room - would be better if the cleaning products used were ones that made the bathroom smell super fresh.

Choice of beds - 2 huge double beds, choice of pillows, quiet, friendly staff, lovely pool. I enjoyed my evening swim. Clean. Lovely products in the bathroom with hot water.

NFAR

Not my first stay at this Hotel and the ambience still exceeds normality. From the initial meet with the reception staff to a relaxing session in the health spar.

• Standard Room

Mix up on charging for drinks as first night charged one price then second night, same drinks, a different price!!

Breakfast is great with plenty of choice, better to have it in the price of the room though as otherwise bit pricey. Choice of bar menu for dinner or can use restaurant, we did a mix and match, starters from main menu and then bar menu. Ham egg and chips, mmmm, very nice. First night had an egg sandwich, which was very chunky and came with crisps.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Some dated rooms, we had to be moved due to poor accommodation. Family room was 2 doubles, not always convenient for a family.

Locality to the town and park, facilities for a family. Good in the bar and restaurant were lovely, great selection at breakfast. The hotel was clean and generally very helpful. No problem in moving us due to the inadequate room.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The sink was cracked and mould in bathroom, sticky tape in the bath, no sockets to plug phone in near bed, only one small packet of biscuits for 2 guests (not one each) not the same room as shown on web site!! Worst room I’ve ever stayed in at Holiday inn.

• Standard Room

Wi-Fi not great. Lack of soundproofing to adjoining room. Heard every detail of the couple having sex for 2 or more hours!! Made us aware that anything we said could be heard also.

Everything clean. Comfy bed. Lovely dining area for breakfast with great choice. Friendly helpful staff.pool and Jacuzzi lovely. Not too busy. Liked the limited numbers allowed.

Being picky the chef at breakfast could gain a senses of humour, wasn’t particularly friendly.

Most Staff very friendly and helpful, clean room, well equipped. Parking on site

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Double bed twin rooms is fantastic and great value. Staff friendly and helpful. Perfect location for town centre and international centre. Will be stopping again.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

A gown in our room to come back from the pool in would have been extra nice!

My 8 year old grandaughter had never been to a Hotel before and was treated like a Princess arriving at a palace. Staff were excellent and everyone went that extra mile to make her stay just perfect.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Reception. We had a member in a wheelchair and the height of the reception desk is impossible for them to book in, be heard and is probably breaking rules and laws on accessibility for a hotel that promotes its self at being suitable for wheelchair users. This is NO WAY to treat anyone! they are a person 1st and a wheelchair user 2nd, and deserve to be properly catered for. Hotels that really do care have a section of reception that is at a lower height.This hotel needs to offer this.

convenient for our business event

• Standard Room

We were served Bourbon and coke in half pint beer glasses. But I think the barmaid was new. So it wasn’t really an issue

Everything was as we expected friendly, clean and tidy. My wife’s needs as a disabled person were comfortably met.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

There was nothing I didn't like.

I was staying overnight for a conference. Checkin was efficient & informative. Room clean & comfortable with all the usual mod cons iron, hairdryer, towels, shower gel, soap. The bar staff were also helpful, friendly & chatty. We didn't have dinner but we had breakfast in bed scrambled eggs, mushroom, tomatoes, toast, fresh fruit, natural yoghurt & fresh orange. It was all lovely. I will stay again here & totally recommend this hotel.

Not a fan of the mattress on the bed but I suffer with back problems and nothing compares to your own bed

Room was lovely. Everything seemed very well looked after and modern

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Checking out, we didn’t want to leave

The bed was like sleeping on a cloud, the breakfast was delicious and there was so much to choose from. The staff were polite and friendly. The room was comfy, the television had so many channels! Great stay, we will be returning.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The Guinness. The tap was there, but it was out of a tin.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The swimming pool was relaxing. The food was delicious and the choice at breakfast was plentiful. Only complaint was that the Guinness was not draft - horrible out of a tin!

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Why don,t hotels have water dispensers to keep guests hydrated and healthy?

Friendly staff. Good food in bar area - while watching live sport - good breakfast. Good location.

• Standard Room

The Depty Manager on our day of check in was the most patronizing and protentious person that I have ever met. I am fortunate enough to stay in many hotels both in the UK and Internationally, so my negative comment is made not out of spite, but a genuine hope that things will improve. I am an IHG member and have Gold Ambassador status and fully aware of my process, what we are entitled to. We have stayed at this hotel a number of times and NEVER had such an annoying experience. Not only was this individual rude, but also provided incorrect information regarding the provision of room service on that day - the cut off was 21:00, not 22:30 as we were told. Overall, the management probably need to check whether their own management staff are adequately supervised and receive on-going training.... hint!

On the whole the staff and accommodation at the hotel was fine and met our expectations, however one single staff member (the deputy manager on our day of check-in) spoilt what should have been an easy and relaxed stay.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Nothing to dislike! Room was above expectations and perfectly suited for my purpose

Breakfast was excellent quality. Plenty to go round! Room was very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. The staff were incredibly poilite and engaged in a bit of banter with me and my friends :)

NOTHING!

Phenominal choice of breakfast in the morning, which catered for children and adults alike. We have stayed in a lot of different hoteks and the staff liason was the best weve ever had. It made such an amazing difference to our stay! Nothing was too much trouble at all and a mix up with our booking was very easily resolved. Pool area was lovely and clean, as were all the facilities in the hotel. Cant express enough what a lovely stay we all had. So thank you Holiday Inn Telford. We will be coming again soon! :)

Change nothing it was a wonderful stay

The staff were friendly and very helpful also the food supurb. The Hotel was so very clean and lovely facilities

Room 109 was very stuffy, musky smell and the air conditioning wasn't working.

Staff were incredibly friendly and gave us an extra 2 hours to check out free of charge.

Mattress was ok but only standard double and not supportive- Premier Inn better

Food was fine but I don't know why the fire was on in a busy dining room- it was too hot!!

Mandy at reception was lovely, high standard hotel which I was very pleasantly surprised at. Booked last minute so wasn't expecting a hotel as nice as this one was.

Nothing - I would happily go back

The room was comfortable as were the beds. Best of all, the room was cool and not overheated! This was a real bonus. The breakfast was good too - easy to help yourself and plenty of top ups of coffee.

• Standard Room

Loads of resident noise on the Saturday meant for little sleep. Room always smelt damp and musty. Could not get breakfast on Sunday morning as breakfast restaurant could not cope with demand. Had to cancel breakfast and go elsewhere which incurred more cost. Not impressed.

Fast wi-fi was useful.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Bed size. Room was big enough to easily have wider bed. The pillows were too thick and firm. If you like two pillows, one is not enough but two are too much.

Excellent breakfast, friendly staff

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

From checking in to checking out the staff were excellent. As were the facilities. Breakfast was good and plentiful with a hot buffet and additional items on request. ie omelette porridge.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Would have been nice for kids to have a gym session too.as my son was upset he couldnt go in..

Enjoyed the swimming pool and jacuzzi with kids..and breakfast was amazing

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

In our room we had an old hairdryer that didn't work at all so had to send out for another one. The most unbelievable thing is the placing of the lamps above the beds, they are literally inches away from your face,( attached to the headboard )when your head is on the pillow. Both of my children hit their head/face on the lights and knocked the shade off and the bulb out which is very dangerous. They should be placed higher up on the wall or further out to the side. Also, on Friday night we ordered room service at nine as the kids wanted some desserts and , despite me ringing down and asking where it was they didn't arrive until well after 10pm! Even the lad who delivered them apologized when he saw what time they had been ordered and it was really too late for them to eat. Finally, when the kids had a chocolate sundae in the bar they got a cereal bowl with a blob of ice cream in, the brownie bits etc and then a load of squirty cream at the side. This should have been presented in a small sundae glass with the cream on the top and a few marshmallows in the top and then some toffee sauce just drizzled over the top. It's all in the presentation and not difficult to make it look pleasing.

Lovely swimming facilities for the kids, very nice to have the free meals for kids as it works out ridiculously expensive otherwise. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

The staff were friendly but disorganised and inexperienced (at the restaurant/ breakfast area). We didn't see any management supervision. The air conditioning didn't work in our room.

A child friendly hotel.The swimming pool was great especially for our 3 year old daughter. Helen at reception was very efficient, welcoming and informative.Clean rooms,comfy beds.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Lovely hotel, only downside was that the whole building was so hot! We didn’t have the radiator on at all, in fact we switched the aircon up to full blast which meant it was too noisy to sleep unfortunately. The restaurant was the same, too hot to stick around so we ate breakfast and left early just to get some air. Also the room was very dark - no light by the mirror/desk.

Good breakfast and clean hotel

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Lovely big room and very comfortable. A little on the warm side but then hotel rooms do tend to be like that. The staff were all very welcoming, even passing someone in the corridor they were smiling and saying morning/afternoon... a very looked after place and looked after staff. Would definitely recommend and use again

• Standard Room

We stayed for two nights, we were disappointed that our room was not made up and we were not left any tea and coffee etc. We did leave the tag on the door.

Breakfast very good, it was nice that it was a buffet , lot,s to choose from.

• Standard Room

Bed very uncomfortable, pillows hard. Not enough staff on in the bar in the evening due to conference, no seating in lounge area. Had to book time slot for use of pool . Meal in restaurant poor.

• Standard Room

The beds were very comfortable and our the cleaning staff very helpful as our 20 months old little girl had an accident and they washed her clothes for us.

• Standard Room

To many staff in breakfast area lot of youngsters standing about chatting.had to ask for someone to take our order on Sunday. Saturdays breakfast staff were all good

Meals in bar were good. rooms very good our a/c didn't work but didn't need it reported to staff on Sunday

• Standard Room

The eggs at breakfast. The scrambled was sloppy and the fried needed cooking a little longer near the yolk.

The staff were very friendly, polite & helpful.

The breakfast service was very slow we waited 10 mins for tea and coffee and the dirty pots were not cleared off the table the staff worked hard but not enough staff on .

The position the facilities the friendliness of the staff

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Internet too slow. Impossible to watch German TV news via streaming as there was no German TV.

Good that Holiday Inn stopped charging internet. Excellent breakfast.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Family friendly, comfortable rooms, great location, added touches, great pool and good selection of food and drinks. Nothing was too much trouble every single staff member went out of their way to provide great customer service. Thank you

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Wonderful relaxing evening with family. Reception staff very friendly and efficient. Restaurant was very good again with perfect servers. Breakfast was wonderful too

• Standard Room

I booked a twin room through booking.com for my 21 year old son and myself and we got keys for a double room, we had to change rooms as a result, we got the last one and a bt of waiting around which had an impact on customer experience. Liam was extremely efficient and sorted out the issue, the hotel were great.

We booked breakfast as it stated on booking.com website it was included however the hotel said it wasn't on the reservation.

Nothing, everything was perfect

Excellent customer care, overall each and every staff going that extra mile to ensure our stay was fabulous as newly weds.

• Double Room - Disability Access -Non-Smoking

We didn't find anything negative with this hotel.

We stayed at the holiday inn Telford for the location to the v festival. The. Room was spotless, modern and extremely comfortable. The breakfast had a very good choice and was all very tasty. We spent a couple of hours relaxing in the well equipped spa then walked over to the town centre which only took 5 minutes overall we really enjoyed our stay and if we come back to Telford would definitely stay again.

• Standard Room

Put in a smoking room when we are non smokers. Room absolutely reeked and our clothes etc did too upon leaving. I queried when checking out if you were allowed to smoke in rooms (I had actually thought it was against the law) and she said yes we put you in a smoking room. When explained about the fact we're non smokers she just said we must of chosen that room (which we didn't) I also didn't like when checking in our rooms weren't ready which was fine. I asked if we could pop our luggage in the luggage room, go to the town centre and when we got back if I could have my bag back as I needed to change into something else. He then said 'well just get changed now' I find it inappropriate and unhelpful. Surely it couldn't be that much of an issue to give me my own bag back when requested. Shower is lukewarm at best. Decor is old. £165 for one night, I expect better.

We didn't have any problems. Absolutely nothing to complain about.

The room was fantastic. Totally unexpected and a great price. Also one of the ladies at reception was absolutely lovely. Happily stay again.

• Standard Room

Nothing other than noisy customers coming back and arguing between 2 and 3 in the morning outside but that's not the hotels fault

Did not check the fitness centre.Breakfast was good standard and evening meal was excellent.

• Standard Room

Great location by Telford Town Park (which is an amazing and beautiful park for a city) and Telford town centre. Staff were very pleasant & helpful. The room was a good size, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was very goos.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Rooms quite warm, but there was an air con unit.

Stayed for a couple of nights. Fantastic hotel, lovely pool very warm, everywhere spotless, nice leafy environment. Very child friendly. Kids under 13 ate free with 1 paying adult whilst we were there - big bonus. Would highly recommend this hotel