2. UK hotel reviews
  3. Lothian hotel reviews
  4. Edinburgh hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Holiday Inn Edinburgh

Reviews of Holiday Inn Edinburgh This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

132 Corstorphine Road, Costorphine, Murrayfield, Edinburgh, EH12 6UA, United Kingdom

#107 of 146 hotels in Edinburgh

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

Great facilities.

Hotel rooms a little tired back of the door was pealing place just needed a little sparkle. Windows aren't sound proof... Road noise.

Great facilities. Easy check in and lovely staff.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

Check out
    • Deluxe Double Room

I've stayed at this hotel on many occasions in the last few years, however after check out today & the many issues that I had, I would say service & general upkeep of beds/sofa beds are now in my view - terrible!, they don't even bother to look at what you specify prior to check in, I was made to feel a problem/issue, I've stayed prior with my child who's severely disabled, however seeing as on the last two occasions she's not been with me and they have failed to provide basic 4 star requirements, then no I will never be staying again with or without her, I also caught housekeeping talking about me at reception (they quoted my room number), not knowing I was there which was equally upsetting. Last time it was the food that was on a major decline, now it's service & upkeep of quality of beds & sofa beds that's on decline as well

Check out

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Staff were very professional and approachable, room was...

there was absolutely nothing I didn't like or would change.

Staff were very professional and approachable, room was spacious warm and welcoming, food in the restraunt and also breakfast was lovely. We loved the spa facilities. All in all we had an amazing 2 night stay.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2019

Lovely introduction to Edinburgh.

Spacious room and wonderful breakfast. Bus stop into city right outside hotel. Excellent value day travel ticket. Amazing Christmas markets. Easy to find tourist attractions. Royal Yacht Brittania a must!!

Breakfast was lovely.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast was lovely. Location amazing buses every 5 mins right outside hotel to city centre. around 10 min trip to centre. Given an upgraded room for my birthday along with a birthday card. Staff were amazing so helpful and kind. Definatelt recommend.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2019

We would definitely recommend this holiday inn - definitely exceeded our expectations

staff were friendly enough Toni on reception was lovely and very helpful as was Dawn on the bar, the other staff were just pleasant enough but nothing extra if that makes sense.

We had evening meal in the hotel and it was truly amazing, we were shocked at the quality and price to be totally honest. Definitely would return to this hotel.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

Excellent value, Excellent location close to zoo .Will definitely be returning
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom was a little dated .Shower was a bit confusing when using hot . Parking was also a bit confusing we followed sign post and it lead us to some very small parking spaces by main door .but found out that you could also park in main car park for zoo which has steps to main entrance to hotel and much easy for anyone that cannot walk or carry luggage .

lovely hotel best holiday Inn Ive been too, rooms were good standard beds were comfy ,bathroom needs updating but other than that I have no complaints . Breakfast was excellent plenty of choice .Dinner menu was good too we bought a meal deal for 2 x2 breakfast for our stay at half price .

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

The central location was brilliant for a day out in...

Room could have been a little cleaner. A lot of dust on standard lamp base that you could write your name on!! Also the fiat had been missed on the bedside lamps too.

The central location was brilliant for a day out in Edinburgh by bus. The staff were excellent and couldn’t do enough for us. I forgot iPhone charger and reception staff charged both my phone and my husbands for us.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

Great location next to the zoo.

Great location next to the zoo. Bus stop on the doorstep that takes you straight into the heart of the city with one of three bus lines coming every few minutes.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

Excellent location if a visit to zoo is planned during the stay in the Hotel.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

breakfast duration hours varied (once the information was put on the elevator wall). Some restrictions were a bit frustrating (for example the hot tub went on cleaning mode after 15 minutes), a bit cold swimming and showering facilities. Children should be allowed in the hot tub too (I was told that children under 16 werent allowed, it is quite unheard-of in my experience unless it is a special spa for adults). I just came to switch off my brain and relax so a bit too many things to remember (when did the breakfast end again?... what new rule must I memorize today?... what day is it today?... :)). But the good things overweigh those things.

Breakfast was rich and tasty, the bed was very comfortable, staff was nice and friendly, view was great (we saw the Hogmany fireworks though we hadnt hoped to see it). I love the haggis and black pudding tremendously so I had them every morning. Coffee was great. What else... We had dinner once too and it was quite tasty, whiskey shots (we quite sophisticatedly wanted to try different whiskeys, we werent on a drinking trip :)) were reasonably priced. Rooms were nicely cleaned every day - even childs stuffed animals sitting in a row against the pillow and greeting us after breakfast. These little things are important and help you cope with any discomforts or problems. Hotel is well connected with the center of the town and the airport but still far enough to be away from the noise and crowd and have a nice rest.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2019

Perfect for accessing Murray field and The Zoo.

I didn't enjoy the sausages even though they're normally my favourite part of a cooked breakfast.

A good range of breakfast options. There was something to suit everyone from continental to cooked breakfast. Went down at the 'busy' time but there were still plenty of seats for us.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2019

A great week away and brilliant Hogmanay experience
    • Standard Room

Staff were helpful and friendly. Location perfect for Zoo and quick bus to centre. Views from hotel were really good too. Late breakfast available on New Year’s Day

To be honest the only thing I liked was the location

There is a lot to list but here goes bathroom had cracked tiles on floor and on shower wall sink had a crack in it,the draw on the unit in the main room looked like a dog had chewed it there was a brown stain on the net curtains,there was a lack of hangers for a 2 nights stay,there was no buiscuits or water.the breakfast was the worst I have ever had,they started putting juice ,muffins ,fruit etc away half an hour before 11 o’clock,all in all for the amount I paid for 2 nights this was probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.just to give you an example I stayed 1 night in Carlisle at a guest house,it cost me £63 for the night this included breakfast which was 1st class,the room shower etc was spotless we had a fridge with a large bottle of cold water in it plus biscuits,I paid 3x the amount for one night at your hotel and experience was like chalk and cheese.who ever designs or oversees cleanliness at your hotel should seriously go on a course on how to give your customers a much higher standard of room maintance and basic room quality standards,on other lady thing in the dining area there are large blind type covers for the windows these had massive stains on them,how management can just walk by these and not do anything about it is just totally unbelievable yours faithfully Mr S Chatterly

To be honest the only thing I liked was the location

• Reviewed: January 5, 2019

Reception staff is very fast service check in time service staff is very fast

Hotel near the airport and great location rooms very clean staff very helpful and great reservation service staff is very helpful and great service staff is very fast food quality is fantastic food is fresh fruits fresh juices in breakfast

• Reviewed: January 5, 2019

Right next door to Edinburgh Zoo and as we were visiting the...
    • Standard Room

We only stayed the one night so it was ideal for our needs. Not really any dislikes.

Right next door to Edinburgh Zoo and as we were visiting the Giant Lanterns it was ideal.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2019

Amazing, great value, perfect location and very comfortable

There was nothing I disliked

Booking was straightforward, accommodation and breakfast was excellent. The room was very comfortable and the price and location were fabulous, staff were very friendly. I’ll be back again very soon with my daughter

average and ocerpriced

we weren't made aware of fitness centre rules about booking when we checked in, we also went to the restaurant for food we waited 40 mins for a burger when it came out tasted like rustlers!

liked the disco they had on nye at 1am, beds were comfy and staff were nice,

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

We like the hotel location and friendly members of staff.
    • Standard Room

Banging noise outside of the hotel in the early hours of the morning; there was no fridge in the room.

We like the hotel location and friendly members of staff.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

Adequate for one night but not in a hurry to return

Check in procedure - very little information provided (e.g. not told times for breakfast or checkout) Corridor to bedroom tired and shabby. Toilet not flushed after previous occupant ~(suggests toilet not cleaned). Sofa in bedroom broken, bath panel loose, paintwork needed redoing, top of desk cracked and chipped Hot food at breakfast buffet was warm rather than hot

The location - next door to Murrayfield Hospital

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

It was fine. Staff were very helpful.
    • Standard Room

The bed was very worn, rips on corners of the base, the bathroom was ok, but tired - the sink was coming away from the vanity unit and there were a couple of chips in the bath, TV was very dated and a fridge would have been nice to keep drinks cold.

Staff were very helpful and friendly, the room was ok, although the hotel does feel a little tired - not the staff's fault! Great parking and easy access to Edinburgh City Centre with frequent buses outside. Nice to be offered a discount card for food and drinks in the restaurant and bar.

Nice stay

Standard rooms are quite small

2 night stay over new years. Weren't happy with our stabdard room initially so i phoned reception and asked to be moved as it was my birthday new years day and didnt want to wake up looking at a big vent outside the window. We were upgraded for free to an executive room with a great view. Really nice gensture, all the staff were really friendly.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

The staff were great, particularly Dawn at the bar and her...

Rooms never got cleaned. Beds a bit uncomfy and toilet roll not pleasant. Bathrooms could have been cleaner

The staff were great, particularly Dawn at the bar and her trainee colleague.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

Enjoyed our stay, location and facilities met expectations

Random refil of supplies in room Spa facilities - not enough signage to stop children going in jacouzy and limited space so had to book a slot

The restaurant - excellent breakfast Room was comfy, spacious and clean Hotel had a spa

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

It's OK, but expected better from Holiday Inn

Fairly tatty room, mouldy black sealant round bath/shower area. Loose rattling door handles on bathroom and odd colours (silver one side, gold the other). View from room was of the car park and other rooms could see into the room because there was no net curtain.

All of it was just average

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

Nice atmosphere for a big hotel that's part of a big...
    • Standard Room

House keeping knocking on door then entering the room at 07:55. Although nice, the age of the hotel is noticeable in the fixtures and fittings.

Nice atmosphere for a big hotel that's part of a big chain. The sauna was good, as was the (very small) swimming pool. Good selection of drinks behind the bar.

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

Clean rooms, friendly staff, great location

The room cleaner was banging on our door 3 times, starting at 8 am, wanting to clean our room, event tho we were checking out in 3 hours. The only disappointment was in the evening when we came back from town, around 10:30 pm, there was no food available in the bar/restaurant apart from bags of crisps. We were suggested to order food from one of the local delivery websites.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, recommended places to visit and assisted with public transport. Room was clean, but furniture and bathroom were quite old. Good for 1 night stay. Great location!

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

The drainage in the bathroom was poor it took a while to...

The drainage in the bathroom was poor it took a while to drain away. The toilets in the reception area were also blocked leaving unsightly mess when entering.

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

Excellent service and very rich breakfast .

Excellent service and very rich breakfast . Everything was perfect for us and we will come back next time when we visit again Scotland . Thank you to all member of the staff were friendly

The beds were awefull.

The beds were awefull. too old.. they should replace the beds. The beds even have wheels which looks like extra beds which you can easily move around. Not good quality beds. The first night we were put in a room where the bed was broken.. awful that they had put us there. They should have had the bed already replaced.

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

Great atmosphere as always especially Xmas time.

Great atmosphere as always especially Xmas time. Fantastic choice for breakfast and always piping hot. Bed very comfortable, room spotlessly clean. Had meal as well plenty choice and variety

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

home from home. would be choice of accomodation the next time we choose to visit Edinburgh

the location was ideal. able to park car with bus into city running every five minutes and bus stand just next to hotel which was warm and welcoming. breakfast amazing

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

Huge food place food was nice but very expensive for...
    • Standard Room

Great that it was by the zoo but didn't realise how far out it was from the town centre so buses everyday but that was my fault for not researching in it. Had to wait ages for cups and glasses kept running out of stuff for breakfast and waited a long time to check in.

Huge food place food was nice but very expensive for breakfast. Xmas market was great that we visited but avoid Saturday as que was down the street luckily we went early Friday morning. Beds were comfy and rooms big and had everything we needed nice big hotel with friendly staff.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2018

Holiday Inn made my Christmas x

It was all good.

I arrived just after 10 pm Christmas eve and was given a free upgrade. I was travelling on my own and it made me feel special. The view was lovely.

• Reviewed: December 25, 2018

Shame about all of the banging upstairs
    • Standard Room

Didn’t sleep much as there was so much noise above us, so not to good after a 10 hour drive !! Random knock on the door too.

Good staff, polite and cheerful !

• Reviewed: December 25, 2018

My spouse and I choose the hotel due to its closes to...
    • Standard Room

My spouse and I choose the hotel due to its closes to Edinburgh Zoo as our main goal was to visit the zoo twice. The hotel fit our expectations, as it really close to Zoo (2-3 minutes) and easy reachable by public transport (bus stop exactly near entrance). I was pretty surprised by the price in the hotel restaurant as I expected it would be more expensive.

• Reviewed: December 23, 2018

Good Location, Great Gym and Excellent Staff,
    • Standard Room

The room lacked a bit... nice enough, but charging points were not near the bed. There was no fridge (although the wonderful staff let me use a municipal one). The bathroom was a bit claustrophobic and (one of) my water glasses were not clean. The bed was fine but the mattress was old and a bit tired.

The best staff anywhere! A waitress who took her time to help with my dietary requirements and made great recommendations. Receptionists who were incredibly knowledgeable and couldn't be more helpful, including Rachel who made phone calls on my behalf to help me navigate the city Excellent.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2018

Rooms were very basic wasn’t anything nice about them beds...

Rooms were very basic wasn’t anything nice about them beds were comfy tho bathroom wasn’t great either didnt want to wash in it me anf my partner are used to more luxurious stays so this place may suit other who expect less

• Reviewed: December 20, 2018

Comfortable, pleasant stay.
    • Standard Room

I missed the pancake machine at breakfast this time 😂 Had to wait for hot breakfast...not a problem to us, but did annoy other guests. Hotel was busy, not a problem. Food was hot and mostly fresh .

Friendly,efficient staff on desk on arrival. This carried on with everyone we met. Hotel busy, but quiet in rooms .

• Reviewed: December 19, 2018

Would of liked to be away from the lifts room 453, I asked...
    • Standard Room

Would of liked to be away from the lifts room 453, I asked for a quiet room, parents let children run up and down the corridor. Also no running jumping and what ever else in the pool these signs were clearly ignored by parents with small children one just missed me in the pool while jumping in, not impressed

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

It was really clean and the staff were really helpful in a...

I requested a room right next to the zoo but we were a little away from it

It was really clean and the staff were really helpful in a great location. This was our second visit and we would definitely go back 😀

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

The breakfasts were lovely and we didn't have to wait...

The room looked like it had recently been refurbished which was great but the bathroom was a little tired; basin was coming apart from the vanity and the bottom of the bathroom door had obviously gotten severely wet at some point as it was splitting/peeling. This was only an observation, not a complaint.

The breakfasts were lovely and we didn't have to wait long for a table, despite the restaurant being busy.

Excellent weekend at Edinburgh

Fabulous location next to Edinburgh Zoo, and excellent bus service to take you into Edinburgh, beautiful room for breakfast with lovely views. Lovely big bedroom with gorgeous views of the hills and very comfortable. Lovely swimming pool.

Poor food and poor room
    • Standard Room

Upon arrival we were allocated a twin room although I had booked a double room. My partner and I went back to reception to ask for a double room to which we were told the whole hotel was fully booked and there was no way we were going to get a double room. This is when my partner went on to booking.com to see if we could book another hotel. When he did this he found that this hotel was lying about having no double rooms because it was allowing him to book a double room online! After taking a screen shot of this we again approached the reception desk and they again said we don’t have any double rooms and said this is booking.coms fault. So we called booking.com who then blamed the hotel! After a very stressful hour we finally got a double room (funny considering they said originally they had no double rooms!) the room was basic and had hair in the shower and bath! The grout around the tiles was moulding and cracked. Wouldn’t stay again. Worst experience I’ve ever had!

The property was next to the zoo so at least it was close to something to do

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Ideal hotel for short stay in Edinburgh

Light bulb on bed lamp not working. Not enough milk in room.

Staff friendly. Clean hotel. Warm room. Facilities good. Breakfast good. Location ideal on bus route. Free parking.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Disappointing!
    • Standard Room

Food was of a poor quality. Chicken in the burger was very small and cold. Breakfast choice rather limited. Whole hotel rather tired looking, needing a major refurbishment.

Excellent location to get into Edinburgh. Bright sunny room with lovely view.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Staff very friendly and helpful, great location offering on...
    • Standard Room

Staff very friendly and helpful, great location offering on site parking and easy access to city centre. Great views of Edinburgh zoo's lantern show ws a bonus

This is no 4 star hotel

The dirty bathroom, the poor lunch on Saturday afternoon, the long queue both Saturday and Sunday morning waiting to get seats for breakfast, then queing at the hot plate.

Great location if your going to the zoo

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Excellent location just outside the city

Could have done with a few more toiletries as we travelled light on the train.

3 miles out of city centre, next to the zoo, bus stop conveniently just outside hotel.

The hotel itself was very clean spacious and modern

The breakfast was poor and cold also very big que There could be a drinking well in the leisure room instead of having to go back into the changing rooms for one

The hotel itself was very clean spacious and modern

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

It was ok but the room was expensive for what it was
    • Standard Room

The shower was rubbish no pressure when hot also there was banging and shouting all night from other guests and people trying our door handle afew times threw the night

The room was good and the breakfadt was excellent

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

Overall great hotel for the price and location and the breakfast is an added bonus!

Very noisy on a morning. Noise started from other guests in corridors around 6.45am, banging doors, suitcases etc. You can hear a lot of noise from the rooms and this woke us. Pillows are terrible, only way I can describe them is a small square seat cushion.

Very friendly helpful staff, fabulous breakfast buffet, great selection of food and drinks. Fab location, bus right outside of the hotel and 10 mins into centre. Numerous stops in the centre all very close to main attractions, we were visiting for Xmas shopping and markets.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

All right but won’t be back as breakfast was very poor for the cost.
    • Standard Room

The breakfast was awful...if I had paid the full price I would have asked for a refund. Even at half price it wasn’t worth it. Very very very poor.

The location and the staff. Very nice n friendly

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Disappointing in some areas

Bathroom needs a re grout & deep clean

Breakfast needs drastic re think . 1 coffee machine working on all 3 mornings ! Saturday morning hidous queues for tables and food . No cups !!

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Nightnare
    • Standard Room

The restaurant was a disaster. I arrived at 8.45 dropped my bags and went down to restaurant. It took a good 5/10 minutes for the waiter who greeted me to find a table! There were several tables free with not that many diners and I counted 8 members of staff. He finally found a table ( Big Deal) and then asked for my room number to which i replied that I was going to pay directly for my meal. He then asked for my name (God knows why) continued writing on this sheet and then asked for me to follow him. A further 10 minutes passed until someone came over to ask if I wanted to order. I did at this point ask for a beer as I was parched. They took my order and came back to take my food order. I asked about my beer and was told that the bar was 'having a few problems'. 20 minutes later my beer arrived AFTER my starter was served. I asked for a pint of Boddingtons which has a cloudy, creamy consistency. When it arrived it looked like a lager so had obviously been sitting on the bar for ages. No excuse here there were far too many members of staff who clearly had no clue or any direction. My Rib eye steak left a lot to be desired and my total bill of £40 for a pint, a calamari starter and a steak was way over priced.I also witnessed the couple on the table in front of me cancel their food order because of the length of time waiting. i saw them in the bar with drinks and a couple of bags of crisps each (this was dinner presumably). A lady dining on her own complained that her glass of wine appeared after her food and a table of 4 were complaining about their bill. Needless to say I will not be staying here again. No one was really interested and a manager did not even bother to come over and apologise. Disgraceful

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Adequate for one night but definitely wouldn’t stay for more than that.
    • Standard Room

Beds weren’t a full double and didn’t feel secure, mattress felt very wobbly, pillows were very lumpy and uncomfortable . Room was small and in need of a refurbishment as bathroom was dated and very worn. Bathroom door surround was swollen damp and mould. Stayed in many holiday inns before and sadly this was the worst.

How friendly and helpful the staff were.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Shocking treatment and will never ever use Holiday inn again.

I turned up at Holiday inn Edinburgh with a group of friends for what was supposed to have been a lovely weekend away for a rugby match. I took along with me supporting documentation of booking through booking.com & holiday inn and spoke to the reception about the possibility of changing 2 of the twin rooms to doubles, clearly the staff at Holiday in are incompetent to advise unaware customers in doing this that there could be additional financial consequences. I am in complete disbelief. I will be making contact with my solicitor on this matter and will endeavor to contact every social media platform around along with consumer rights ombudsman and will follow up complaints to the hotel complaints “RetailADR” furthermore I will make sure that negative feedback is left on the appropriate websites at the way I have been treated. The fact of the matter is 4 couples have collectively paid Holiday inn through Booking.com a total of £1240.66 averaging £310.16 a room for 1 night only, Hardly fair I’m sure you will agree? 4 of the above payments came of my credit card which was the card used to reserve the 4 twin rooms through booking.com £132.50, £132.50, £140.83 & £140.83. On arrival each couple including myself made their own payments (some inc breakfast) using different cards payments for the same 4 rooms albeit 2 of the rooms were then changed to doubles on arrival at the hotel. £175.00, £175.00, £185.00 & £159.00. Unbelievable!!!!!! I'm being told that holiday in aren't going to refund what has been over charged.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

It’s quiet far from all attractions although connected with...

The room are small with old facilities.

It’s quiet far from all attractions although connected with multiple transportation nearby, very close to the Zoo

Nice stay

Needs a refurbishment :)

Nice place, far from the city centre but quiet and confortable with a very good public transport to the main places including the airport.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Easy to get too on the airport bus and next to the zoo
    • Standard Room

The hotel was run down, dirty does not even come close to how disgusting this hotel was!!! It was falling apart literally!!

Easy to get too on the airport bus and next to the zoo

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Sufficient.

Breakfast needs organising a lot better!!! Seems like pot luck!!

Comfy bed, decent shower. Breakfast on first day was dreadful, disorganised and cold. Fine on day 2.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Clean and comfortable and handy for the zoo.
    • Standard Room

only decaff coffee in room and only several sachets of that and 2 teabags. No little biscuits.

Clean room and comfortable bed. plenty of hot water. Food in bar was good and staff in reception very good.

A good weekend.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Service in the restaurant was poor on Friday night and an error was made twice. It took three attempts to get one meal order correct. At 9am Saturday morning the staff were overwhelmed at breakfast and there were temporary shortages of bread, mugs and cornflakes. Self service at the hot buffet was slow. Despite this we will stay again and the lesson is get up early for breakfast on Saturdays.

Excellent location and friendly staff.

Amazing
    • Standard Room

Everything such an amazing hotel and we loved the fact we could see the monkey enclosure from our room and we could even here the animals from the zoo it was amazing!

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Excellent short break with great facilities with regular buses to the centre of Edingburgh

Bed gave sore lower back ... so would prefer a firmer mattress.

Free easy Parking, free WIFI, good facilities (pool/gym), good food and comfortable, clean, spacious room

Memorable
    • Standard Room

There was nothing we didn't like

Staff were very accommodating took a little bit of time to get booked in but gave us drinks vouchers for that, we stayed on our wedding night and they gave us the executive suite which was amazing.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

I would not use again until there is safe disabled access into and out of the hotel.
    • Standard Room

I have given comfort and facilities the lowest possible rating because the only route out of the hotel onto the main road and bus stop accessible to disabled people was a steep and badly lit road, with the pavement ending just before a sharp bend in the road. Quite simply, this wasn't safe.

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were excellent. Disabled access within the hotel was fine.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

Spoiled by the poor condition of the room
    • Standard Room

Room was grotty.. tired and badly maintained.. holiday Inn group weren't even interested enough to look at the pictures I had taken.. obvious to me they already knew the situation!! Oh, and the a/c didn't work either 😣

Location for Murrayfield

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

A nice hotel food and drink a bit expensive
    • Standard Room

I thought staff could do with more training especially on special offers food and drinks they seem to not been told about them and how they worked but they were lovely people

I liked the pool and gym rooms were very nice staff were friendly

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

Very enjoyable except for unable to shower.

Room ordered not ready, new room with bath and shower. Being disabled could not climb in and out of bath to shower. No biscuits with tea making facilities.

Bed comfy, breakfast delicious, staff very attentive.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Clean comfortable modern good breakfast nice swimming pool

Clean comfortable modern good breakfast nice swimming pool Handy for bus into city centre Parking , very helpful staff with pleasant attitude

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

The location worked well for our trip and it was nice to be...
    • Standard Room

We had a double room and although it was adequate it would have nice to have been a little bigger

The location worked well for our trip and it was nice to be able to use the swimming pool each morning.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Staff very helpful , lovely clean warm room , comfortable...

Nothing , very small detail , I need to eat porridge for a medical condition , the restaurant were very accommodating on this however the first morning it was made to perfection , not so the next morning , inedible . but like I say a very minor moan , other than that a lovely stay .

Staff very helpful , lovely clean warm room , comfortable bed , nice pool good value

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Clean and comfortable
    • Standard Room

Bathroom a little cramped Very busy at breakfast, so sat at a table I wouldn't normally choose

Fabulous view towards the zoo Very comfy bed Powerful shower

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

I would definitely stay here again.

Bathroom looked a bit tired.

Comfy bed, warm room, fantastic breakfast. Free and ample parking is available. It wasn't within walking distance to the city centre but there's a bus stop right outside the hotel.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Not the greatest
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

When we arrived in the room, although it said on the booking and I messaged and double checked that the sofa bed be made up, it wasn’t. Wasn’t expecting the sofa bed to be two single beds, with metal bars poking out. My daughter had a travel cot, which was unsuitable as had a rock hard mattress and the sofa bed was dangerous incase she fell in between the beds, we had to put pillows in between incase she rolled over to me in the night. You constantly heard children running up and down the corridors and heard noises from other rooms, even simple things like people talking. Other people have said it does need a refurb, the rooms and bathrooms are dated. The cooked breakfast was awful, luckily there was lots of other choices. One night we ordered room service, it came cold, we complained and to be fair the duty manger came and swapped our meals, but mine still came back cold. Ordered a taxi to take me into the centre, went to reception to wait for it. When it came to the time I was due to leave I asked at reception where the taxi was to be told that he had come in to find me but the receptionist hadn’t told me even though I was sat waiting.

Location to city centre was great, the bus stop is right out side the hotel and it took about 10 mins get into the centre. We had an evening meal in the restaurant, lovely views and the meal deal was lovely.

We Price Match