Reviews of Home Farm Hotel & Restaurant

Wilmington, Honiton, EX14 9JR, United Kingdom

#7 of 9 hotels in Honiton

Good, great, magic thanks to Richard and his family attitude

It was a single room, tight in the shower but I would get a double next time, :)

The service, the hospitality and the food menu and of course the position for my needs in business.

Lovely food, attentive owner and staff.

Previous guests clothes and make-up still there. Bathroom floor not mopped, vanity splashback not wiped clean from previous guests.

Lovely food, attentive owner and staff.

Very relaxed and a great base for the Jurassic coast

Room was booked last minute and was a bit small with a adolescent labrador so not their fault.

Excellent Breakfast unfortunately we didn't experience the dinner menu .

Lovely hotel, clean rooms and excellent food.

We have stayed at 'Home Farm Hotel' over recent years, to visit the fossil festival and it never disappoints. The food is spot on, the rooms clean and staff friendly. I'm sure that the Windle family will be back next year or earlier to appreciate the surrounding countryside during the summer months.

Fine for the 2 nights required

Invasive and loud TV in bar Staff in kitchen togs serving in dining room in evening Too much emphasis on Thai food

Warm welcome Stunning scallop starter! Newly decorated room

Thoroughly enjoyable - food and service were excellent

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Richard (owner) was very welcoming and lovely sense of humour. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and the Thai food was excellent. Beautiful views of Devon and excellent location for exploring.

Friendly & comfortable with good Thai restaurant. I will stay again.

There was no power socket by the desk in the room which was a minor inconvenience.

Very friendly staff, I had to leave early and a breakfast was put out for me. The room was very comfortable. There was a fridge which is great. The chef tailored the heat (spiciness) of my curry to suit my taste.

Good

The road was a bit noisy but that couldn’t be helped and the food choices were limited.

Very nice accommodation, clean but in need of a little updating which I understand the owner is on with.

The Home Farm Hotel far exceeded our expectations!

Totally delightful stay!

The room was spacious and very comfortable, the food was excellent, and the proprietors were extremely helpful. Richard, the owner, suggested nearby points of interest for us to visit and explained the history of the village and the hotel itself. (This lovely place dates from the late 1500s and has a thatch roof!) He also went out of his way to print local bus schedules for us, and went the extra mile to drive us to Lyme Regis, saving us a 1 1/2 hours for extra sightseeing! We had a truly lovely stay and enjoyed both the Home Farm Hotel and the picturesque village.

Spoilt by having to get up so early for Breakfast. Such a shame.

The owner should stay behind the scenes and not have ANY interaction with his guests. Let your staff do it they are far better.

I WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN....... Breakfast has to be taken between 7:30 and 8:30 with no flexibility. It caused a number of issues even during our short stay. Checkout is by 10:30 and if you are late you are fined. BEWARE DO NOT BOOK IF YOU WANT A LAZY RELAXING FEW DAYS AWAY!! Which is a big SHAME as the Hotel/Guest house was well located and easy to find. I stayed with my daughter for a few days break and the room was comfortable clean and well proportioned the bathroom was excellent. We only ate Breakfast but the food was superb. You could not fault it for variety, taste and quality and there was more than you could eat. However, we would not stay again and in-fact the whole stay was spoilt by the owners inability to adjust to his guests changing needs.

Fabulous food, great hosts and a home from home atmosphere..

Nothing really...but I can see that some folk might not be happy to wait their turn if the restaurant is full or they are in a rush. Richard & Nat have everything covered and at the end of the day maybe just chilling out and taking things at a slower pace, enjoying the interaction with the hosts and other guests should be higher up everyone’s agenda.

I really liked the fact that your room had its own entrance...more like a boutique style B&B. The bed was really comfortable and everything was clean...and it was quiet. A tiny bit of road noise but nothing compared to most places I’ve stayed even in the countryside. It’s perfectly placed for exploring the area too, easy and accessible especially as some of the tiny roads locally have been flooded in recent weeks. Richard & Nat are the perfect hosts, really welcoming and relaxed. They make you feel at home which as a single traveller is great. There is no fuss and nothing is too much trouble for them, it’s lovely to find somewhere that isn’t an anonymous branded hotel. Nat’s Cooking is fantastic, there are Thai, Chinese and English dishes...my Thai choices were generous and absolutely delicious. It’s a long time since I had Thai food of that quality in the UK with complex and deep flavours. I will be heading back there when I can...even if it’s only for a meal.

A small country hotel where guests can relax. Restaurant served excellent food with attentive ser

Drafty in the room until you closed the door and window curtains but once closed too the room soon warmed up. Also road noise but this was greatly reduced during the night and did not disturb sleep.

Well stocked bar, excellent restaurant serving superb Thai food. They went the extra mile to feed a child that has a very restricted diet both in the restaurant and provided food for off site dining and organised taxis which proved very difficult to obtain.

The owner is welcoming and friendly, there's a nice...
    • Suite

The owner is welcoming and friendly, there's a nice atmosphere, and anything you need is provided. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are spacious The bathroom is a good size with a nice whirlpool bath. The breakfast is nice quality. There's quite a few things to do within a 30 min radius, two beeches Lyme and beer within 20 min drive. And if willing to drive a hour or so there's unlimited activities to do.

Lovely hotel, good value for money, great location with easy access to the coast in East Devon

Richard and Nat are fairly new to the hospitality scene but you wouldn't know. They have a delightful hotel which is tastefully decorated and retains original features of the 450 year old farmhouse. Nat is from Thailand and there are lovely touches from her homeland. They are welcoming and friendly hosts. The bed was very comfortable, including the pillows (which in other establishments can let down the comfort of the bed). All that you need is provided in the room and the en suite shower room. Lovely breakfast, too.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Comfortable

The service charge which was added to our food bill without being consulted. It felt like a tax as only the owners were present - no additional staff to reward. In my opinion not good practice

Freshly cooked authentic Thai food

Nice and cosy location with charm and character, with interesting Thai twist on the food.

Room was a bit cold when I arrived, but I had booked late in the day, and Richard had not had a chance to get it turned up. It did turn out to be one of the coldest nights of the year, but was fine once it warmed up.

Nice, quiet, rural location, with charm and character. Richard and his wife were very helpful and nothing seemed to be a problem. Food was great and even though I did not have the Thai option, I was looked after and has no complaints. Rooms are spacious and well furnished, and very good value for the price.

Great customer service by Richard, a lovely hotel, I wish them every success.

Nothing I didn't like but as previously said a coffee table & a good reading lamp by the sofa in that room would be useful.

Reviewed yesterday Warm welcome by owner Richard Stayed for one night in November 2017. Arrived later than I had originally stated but telephoned hotel to inform them. On arrival,property looked nice. Through a lovely old door into the small reception area & was greeted with a warm welcome by one of the owners Richard. He asked if I would like to have dinner in the hotel restaurant, choices of Thai, Chinese or english, which was most welcome after a long day. He offered to give me a tour of the hotel which I accepted. There is a very nice bar lounge with a tv & comfortable furniture, whilst I didn’t use the bar as I was alone but it was a very nice room for guests. The restaurant was nice and clean. In the restaurant I chose a chicken stir fry which was very tasty if a little hot for my palette even though Richard had told me at the time of order it was quite spicy so I chose to take my chances. After dinner I returned to my room & as Richard had not seen me leave he came to check if everything was ok & if I would like anything else, to which he kindly bought me a drink to my room. He was busy as he was on his own other than chefs in kitchen but I felt he went the extra mile to offer great customer service. I had a little issue in my room & the matter was dealt with immediately to my satisfaction & handled in a very professional manner. The room I had was No 4, it’s a very pleasant room at the rear of the hotel away from the main road, which was very much appreciated. The room is a good size with a nice large sofa, one suggestion I would make to enhance the room would be to provide a coffee table as the room could accommodate it & a good reading lamp by the sofa. There was a comfortable bed with spotlessly clean white linen. Plus an Ensuite with bath. I had a very good night’s sleep.

Friendly welcome from Richard.

Friendly welcome from Richard. Good bar area. Good Thai restaurant as part of the hotel. Good selection at breakfast. The room I had at the back of the old building was very quiet and although alongside a busy main road A35 I had a good night's sleep.

Absolutely Fantastic don't need to say anymore, Thankyou

There is absolutely nothing to dislike !!

Richard and Nat and the other girls were absolutely amazing, it was my Husbands 50th and we had the best time ever, We stayed in the Junior suite, I had asked Richard to put Balloons in the room with Champagne, The room was decorated tastefully with Balloons and our Champagne was there waiting in Ice, We had an excellent Thai meal with Friends that evening and it was the Best ever, Richards Wife Nat does everything herself PERFECTION !! You really must try this place the Kindness and pleasantness is just fantastic. Thank you.

family hotel ,nice decent owners ...looking forward to a trip in the spring

all was good

have to say ,Richard ,the owner went beyond the call of duty on several occasions ...getting a taxi , late breakfast ...early check in ...will be back , willie and family from ireland

Lovely relaxed few days.

getting up early for breakfast, perhaps could have extended until 9

Loved the corner bath and the Thai food in the restaurant. The owner's sense of humour! Views if the countryside.

We had a great time staying here.
    • Suite

We had a great time staying here. Great hosts. The Thai evening meals were amazing. My bed was not the most comfortable, but my wife said she slept very well, as did my son ...you cant please every one can you! The hosts certainly go above and beyond to make you stay an enjoyable experience.

lovely location, had some incredible rooms available. very helpful and freindly

would have preferred to be situated within the hotel as disabled and had to walk short distance to main building difficult for me and my freind if wet other than that all ok. think customers should be informed if they are not within the main building

lovely breakfast

Absolutely wonderful.

Our stay could have been better if we had had more than one night. We will definitely stay longer next time.

We liked everything about our stay and the location was easy to find directly on the A35. Our room was superb, with a large comfy bed with quirky decor and a wonderful shower room. The bar was cosy and friendly and the evening meal we had in the dinning room was one of the best tasting Thai meals we have ever eaten as well as the prettiest. We started with Crispy Belly Pork, which not only tasted amazing but was decorated with carrot roses and vegetable leaves, absolutely stunning. We then shared a Red Curry and Beef Oyster for main, both were aromatic and delicious with the best sticky rice eaten. And the banana fritters with homemade ice cream for desert were very special. Breakfast was also wonderful and had everything you could ask for. However what made our stay exceptional was the staff, the friendliness and attention to our comfort made our stay a wonderful experience, one we hope to repeat in the future.

Look elsewhere
    • Suite

Hugely inflated price for both the location and time of year. Room need lots of work done and the odour, possibly damp is very strong. Wouldn't consider this place again.

I didn't want to leave!

I travel alone for work a lot. To be made to feel this comfortable, in lovely accommodation, eating jaw-droppingly good food is rare indeed. Richard, Nat and their staff go the extra mile and create a friendly relaxed atmosphere. Comfy deep sofas to sink into after a long day with a large glass of wine, and a cozy room to return to. But the icing on the cake ... Nat is from Thailand and her authentic food has to be tasted to be believed!

Excellent end to what could have been a disasterous one. Re our hotel ? the night before

It was all lovely.

It is a warm cosy friendly hotel, a lovely atmosphere, owner showed us around, we had lovely room and the lounge facilities were excellent, fires in winter, choice of breakfast was excellent, inviting place to stay, plenty of parking and near Honiton, we would stay there again and recommend it highly.

Nice rooms, friendly staff

There were large tip boxes at eye level with in your face lettering. My aunt was so concerned about them, she wanted to leave tips in them all When we left and settled up, the restaurant bill had a 10% service charge on it! In my opinion £16 for a Thai chicken curry was more than I would normally pay, but as the owner kept telling us it was made from scratch and were larger than average portions (we all thought they were average portions) we decided to eat there. Had we known he was putting 10% on top of the bill, I would not have given tips aswell Didn't like 10% service charge on top of meal bill, especially as the meal was on the expensive side (£16 Thai chicken curry)

Beds very comfortable. Food excellent apart from see below

Loved it, shame we only had time to stay one night.

N/a

The hosts were very welcoming and good fun, the food was great and the services excellent. Lovely and quite with a nice bar and restaurant. We loved the room, food and had a great stay. Would stay there again.

Basic accommodation which suits very short stays, expect better for the price paid.

The pictures on the website are very different from the actual room I stayed in. The room was dated but comfortable, however the bathroom was extremely poor. It was dirty, hot water ran out and was not cleaned.

Very noisy

Very noisy, right next to main road We had booked in part because there was a restaurant but this wasn't open the night we arrived. Fortunately there is a very good curry house in Honiton, about 10 minutes away

Good sized room

Pleasant but not fantastic.
    • Suite

There was a room above us and we were constantly disturbed by the noise of their feet banging on our low ceiling and we could hear them talking. The garden needed attention and weeding.

The room was cleaned every day but the decor a little dated.

Would recommend and we would certainly stay again next time we are in area.
    • Suite

Owner and staff very friendly and helpful. We stayed for five nights as a base for Travelling around Devon. Hotel is very conveniently located. Breakfast was very good as was Thai food selection in restaurant.

Character property with food and drinks available on site.

A drawn out check in process after a long day. No shower head holder in our room so had to hold the shower head by hand. We had 4 rooms, 2 by the road - traffic kept these folks awake.

Old style character accom, a neat place. Bar and food on site.

Clean, friendly and helpful staff

The Patron and staff were very helpful. There was a very good selection of food available and served quickly and hot. If I was in the area again I would have no problem with staying again.

Perfect weekend retreat

The whole experience was fantastic. Richard, the owner and his wife were warm and welcoming and a pleasure to deal with. Nothing was too much trouble. Other staff were very friendly too. Room was very clean and comfortable. Food was amazing, particularly the delicious Thai menu, though more traditional also available. Highly recommended.

A warm welcome is a beautiful place

There was nothing I didn't like

I was made to feel very welcome at Home Farm Hotel. The place is very nicely done and the food is excellent. A very welcome place to stay after a long journey

I thought the Manager/Owner was a bit too over familiar...

I thought the Manager/Owner was a bit too over familiar but to be fair, the place was clearly there for tourists. As a business person on a one night stop over, you dont need that level of interface etc

great weekend away,will recommend it to people,will go back.

the menu was mostly thai so could do with a more on the English menu.

on arrival we were met by the owner and daughter and got on very well, room was clean and a decent size,breakfast was excellent . we had no hot water I mentioned it to the owner who sorted it out straight away. it was a friendly happy atmosphere.

Warm cosy hotel with bundles of character - brilliant central location.

Shower could have been better but we know this is a work in progress.

We liked the meet and greet from Richard {the owner}. The location. The history behind the Farm House. The breakfast - everything really.

Lovely place to stay

Nothing to complain about .

Staff were very good, wanted to please all the time, the food was excellent. The hotel was clean and comfortable, and the bed was very comfortable. Will definitely stay here again.

An enjoyable 2 night break away from home with excellent customer service
    • Suite

Noise from traffic along main road, you need a car to visit all places of interest nearby.

English breakfast was lovely. Room was clean, light and airy.

Highly recommended

The whole experience was absolutely amazing. Richard the manager was a pleasure to deal with which made our stay a lot more special, the property was beautiful and has amazing history, the food was delicious, and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Definitely highly recommended

Won't be back

The food in the restaurant in the evening was awful. Breakfast was average.1 plug in room with a 2 plug extension lead for kettle, phones IPad etc.

The room was ok. Some cobwebs on the ceilings in bathroom and bedroom.

Great little find

amazing welcome at home farm by Richard cant fault the customer service. Room was lovely spacious and bed very comfy. Requested a bath which i got and then some (spa bath) Evening menu was hard to chose from; there was so much that I could have eaten, and it was delicious. as was breakfast with perfect poached eggs.

Characterful ambience

No hairdryer in rooms. Breakfast served from 7.30-8.30. I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel or B&B where breakfast finishes at 8.30am! It would therefore be better to make it optional with an extra charge, as with Dinner, and to have a room only rate for those who want a lie-in and aren't bothered about breakfast. After having a two course dinner, I couldn't possibly have eaten breakfast so early. I was awoken by noise from the kitchen/dining room directly beneath my bed (Room 2), I didn't appreciate the knock on my bedroom door at 10am to check I was up in time for 10.30 checkout. I was in the middle of doing my make-up. Embarrassing. I checked out at 10.20, but left with the feeling that I had somehow caused inconvenience! It is worth noting that this hotel has more the feel of a family-run establishment, and is really a B&B (with dinner option). If you like the personal touch, and you're an early riser, it's perfect.

The home cooking is excellent, especially if you like Thai food. Friendly, helpful owners.

The owner Richard is super awesome!

The owner Richard is super awesome! Continuously checks if everything is going well and if we need anything at all, and is extremely willing to help. He made our trip very enjoyable. The hotel has awesome Thai food, and the property and the area around it are lovely! We enjoyed walking around very much!

Excellent stay, would certainly go again if we were in the area
    • Suite

The road is very busy but the hotel is set back so not really a problem

Our pet dog was welcomed, staff were excellent, cooked breakfasts were very good, room was comfortable and location was great for touring in Devon, Somerset, Dorset and Cornwall.

Very welcoming and friendly

Very small room - but was only a standard room - only two small drawers but plenty of hanging space. Bar area possibly needed more relaxing areas. Felt a little cramped .

Friendly owner and really lovely staff

Homely

Would not understand why anyone would not like it here.

Very enjoyable stay. They put the "home " in home farm. Loved the lounge bar area. Food amazing . Staff charming . Very comfortable. Wish Richard and Nat all the best as they develop their business.

If you want a bit of Thailand located in beautiful Devon go here .......wonderful food!

Lovely welcome on arrival and in spite of being late the restaurant accommodated us with a wonderful Thai meal cooked by the owners .The location has lots of character reflecting its very old history and rural charm in abundance and is an excellent base to see Devon.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

6.0
    The Welcome, the look of the hotel, the English breakfast

The proximity to the noisy A35, the owner checking that his staff had done their job correctly,

The Welcome, the look of the hotel, the English breakfast

With a bit of effort this could be the perfect b&b.

The food: the dinner's crispy duck lacked crispiness, the breakfast failed the poached eggs test! When contacted the staff were perfectly friendly and accommodating, but were hard to summon. Any bell pushes were not working or being ignored. Without the help of old hands (previous visitors), who knew what door to bang on, we would have spent all night trying to check in followed by all morning trying to check out.

The rooms were comfortable, clean and spaceous.

Perfect place to celebrate our anniversary

Breakfast was served earlier than we would have liked, 7:30-830. 7:30 - 9:30 would have been better

wonderful Thai food and help to choose a dish which suited us. Richard and Nat were on hand to offer any information we might need

New owners work in progress

Reception should be open and a warm welcome at all times the same when you are leaving. The bathroom needs to be heated on a chilly evening/ morning.

Room very clean and comfortable,bed excellent. Good tea and coffee

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

A very memorable stay with welcoming staff, excellent food and a lovely period property.
    • Family Room with Bathroom

Very welcoming staff. Evening meal was superb - Thai food is their a speciality and it was excellent. Room was generously proportioned and hotel well appointed. Would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The hotel has been recently refurbished, the rooms were...

The hotel has been recently refurbished, the rooms were nicely decorated, clean and of a good size. All the staff was very welcoming, polite, friendly, always smiling and ready to help. They were even willing to change the breakfast's timings to accomodate our schedule. Very good freshly cooked food served at the restaurant, with ingredients that are locally sourced. Also, there is large (free) car park right in front of the hotel which is very convenient. It is evident that there is a lot of personal effort and commitment from everybody working in the hotel, especially from the owner. Overall a very good service and a very pleasant experience.

After reading reviews we were looking forward to our stay, our room was classed as a superior double, paid 205.00 for two nights. Personally I have stayed in better standard double rooms. Took 10 mins for hot water to come through, tap on bath did a 360 degree turn! Shower was over the bath and was a trickle. Breakfast was disappointing, tasteless. Our second morning we didn't have breakfast. Won't be returning

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Very good. Will visit again.
    • Suite

We only had one night to stop there.

This place is clean, quiet, comfortable, and all the plumbing works. On top of that the food was excellent, and the staff friendly. Would make a good base to explore the area.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Peace and quiet.

Not all the rooms have showers. Ours only had a hand-held shower over the bath.

Richard and Nat were lovely hosts. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Food was lovely and plenty of it. Bed was really comfortable.

Disappointing room and service.

On arrival we were informed our room had been changed!! The allocated room had 1/3 of the whole room space for the bathroom. The other 2/3 contained a double bed taking up most of the room leaving little space around, not enough for a single chair. A TV the size of a computer monitor was on top of a 1/2 height wardrobe, some small drawers for other clothes and a small table with 2 cups and 2 plates, tea/coffee sachets, with a kettle beneath. We were charged £10 a day for our dog to sleep in her basket in the room with us! Restaurant prices were excessive £16.00 for fish & chips. Car parking was 30 yards away down a steep slope. Critically we were not provide with any information about local road repair closures that the owners knew of as they had arranged for the workmen to fill their large hotel drive potholes. This caused us a 2.5 hours of driving trying to return to the hotel on an evening after 8pm. Eventually this also cost us £10 for a taxis to guide us to the hotel by the only available single carriageway back lane route. Otherwise we would have been stranded in our car overnight 8 miles from the hotel. To say the stay at this was disappointing would be an understatement!

The room had standard tea/coffee facilities. The Thai cleaning and catering staff were attentive and excessively polite.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

A unique experience.

Not much

Perfect location for what we wanted to do. The Owners were very friendly and helpful, as were all the staff. Breakfast was fantastic. We couldn't eat all the smoked salmon. Yes dinner is largely Thai and yes it costs more than you might pay in a high street Thai restaurant, but it is lovely and worth it. Nat was a complete revelation and she had us crying and laughing in turns. A unique experience. So real, open and friendly.

Lovely quiet old farm house

Very friendly and helpful staff. Food good and very clean and comfortable room. Lovely old farm house with plenty of history. The owners make you very welcome. Nice and quite location. We would definitely stay here again next time we visit Devon.

The Thai food is exceptional because it is cooked by a Thai...

The Thai food is exceptional because it is cooked by a Thai chef. Best Thai food I've ever tasted. The ingredients were fresh, the flavours were delicious and the service with a smile.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Superb hosts, superb food, just superb.......

Nothing at all - everything about our stay was superb. They have only owned it for 9 months, and have great things in mind.....I would like to go back in a year to see how they could possibly improve on such great service and food.

Richard and Nat were extremely accommodating and could not do enough to ensure our stay was the best it could possibly be. We could not have asked for for amenable hosts. Nat's cooking was absolutely amazing and they should definitely make it a selling point to guests.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Weekend stay helped to banish those winter blues

Food menus found to be sample menus - so some english dishes not available.

The Thai Food was superb - it is the hotel's speciality. Owner Richard very welcoming. Endless supply of hot running water. Log fire in bar area very welcoming. The local Otter beers were great. Great location to explore the Jurassic coast line and east Devon National Park. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Wonderful Christmas break
    • Family Room with Bathroom

We had a really wonderful time at Home Farm Hotel. Richard and Nat were solicitous, and very friendly. They looked after us with genuine warmth. The food was excellent, all locally sourced and fresh. The portions were generous too. The room was cosy and comfortable. Everything was clean and inviting. We found Home Farm to be a real gem of a hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Great place to stay if you're looking for a home from home

Wish I could have stayed longer!

Nothing was too much trouble. So eager to help in every way, including providing packed lunches every day and arranging breakfast earlier due to my early starts. So happy and friendly, it was like staying at my best mates. Super relaxed atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Very friendly staff.

Nothing. Really enjoyed our stay

Very friendly staff. Nothing was too much trouble. Room very clean and comfortable. Menu offered great choice and delicious too!

Does the job.

Didn't really like the carpeting in the bathroom. Doesn't seem too sanitary, and the carpet in the room could use a good cleaning. We were late getting in because of highway construction and driving at night. We ended up being charged a 10£ fee for arriving after 10pm. Feels like a bit of a money grab on bookings .com in England.

Charming old building

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Birthday weekend away!
    • Suite

There was nothing we didn't like. The only criticism we have was the food was abit over priced. Most main courses were £18 upwards!

The food was amazing! The Thai food was the best I've ever eaten and plenty of it!

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Charming farmhouse hotel in beautiful East Devon

The bedroom was a bit on the small side but we half expected that as it is a traditional farmhouse property.

Very quaint thatched farmhouse. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfasts amazing. We only ate one evening meal there as we were visiting family in the area but the one we enjoyed was lovely food.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Very good accommodation and excellent food

When we arrived the premises were locked up and we had to rely on another guest who had returned to let us in. When a member of staff did arrive after about 20 minutes we were given the key to our room but it was a frustrating start to our stay. The owner arrived later and apologised profusely for the problems we had experienced.

The room was very clean and quite spacious and the evening meal and breakfast were excellent

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Friendly, clean and good for a one night stay!

Very Quiet, recommended to book a table for our evening meal as they get very busy, but we were the only ones dining, no atmosphere, On the plus side our host billy was very welcoming.

Hospitality was excellent, helpful with recommending local walks. Made us feel welcome.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Great little hotel that's perfect for exploring the local area.

Breakfast finished at 8:30, and wasn't extended for the Bank Holiday we stayed on. However, this was mentioned to the owner and I think this has probably changed by now.

Food was delicious, bed was comfy and the room was cosy. The hotel is under new ownership and the new owner seems very keen to improve and listen to customer suggestions.