Reviews of ibis Rotherham East – (M18 / M1) 2 stars

Moorhead Way, Rotherham, S66 1YY, United Kingdom

#3 of 11 hotels in Rotherham

Excellent staff, shame about the noise of bedroom doors banging shut.

The noise of the bedroom doors banging many times and groups congregating on the corridor making far too much noise late at night. There was no air conditioning in the bedroom, it was a very warm night and too much noise from vehicles to leave a window open.

The staff were very efficient and friendly.

Usually a great stay but not this time unfortuately

Had a room at the side of the property. Heard a delivery van very early woke us up and doors slamming all night, not had this when stayed here before.

I like where it is and the price usually stay here a lot.

Due to smell and noise on first night the stay was no more than adequate

The drain in bathroom stank, we had to keep door closed otherwise room stank. We were offered a room change for second night but as we didn't get back until late we declined. We had room with an adjoining door and had no privacy, noise level not good on first night we could hear everything in other room.

Bed comfortable, excellent shower

Cheap, worn, but allowed pets (at a price) - breakfast ok, suitable for no more than 12 hours

The basic makeup of the rooms. We were charged £15 extra a night for the dog, and when we went into the room, the carpets overcleaned and you could smell the previous animal urine, which sent the dog mad and he wouldnt sleep. The doors are very loud, and many people stumbling in at 2-4am, with a dog and a small baby, there was no sleeping all night. I got what I paid for, to a degree.

Good area, right off the main road. They allowed pets, and a good area outside to walk in the evenings and mornings. Breakfast good, nothing to write home about, but I didnt leave hungry. Rooms ok, smelled like lots of animals had been in there, the dog wouldnt sleep with the smell.

Convenient stop over for a long cross country journey.

It was very hot and there's no aircon in the rooms so I had to have the windows open. Unfortunately the local youth descended on mass to the nearby McDonalds drive through, at midnight, which woke me up! There seems to be an issue with the key cards as for the second visit it didn't work, however I think this may be just a timing issue with the system as it did work after a while.

Staff very helpful and pleasent, good breakfast selection, clean tidy room.

Easy to get to, quick check in and check out. Basic but alright.

Banging of doors. The whole structure shook. Little bit of rubber in the doors would go a long way to minimize the noise.

Close to M18, services and Morrisons.

Comfortable Hotel

Toilet flush problems slow to resolve, key card had to keep getting it reprogrammed, tv remote batteries were never changed we did ask and not enough coffee choice was bland.

Was close to where we needed to be was nice and cool at night, the bed was comfortable so good night sleep. Quiet and friendly staff good dissabled parking.

Roadworks on a night when in bed banging the doors and stairs no air conditioning and it was very hot. Sir jacks was horrible. have to cross the road for the bus stop. Needs more benches outside in the shade.

Very nice staff helpful, young lady was nice and friendly, easy check in and on ground floor for the room and shower was good as had rail and nice temperature and WiFi was brilliant all the time Morrisons cafe was great for food. Very clean in our twin room had to ask for more teabags and toilet roll and key card wouldn’t work got new one. Beds were ok would stay again as bus 10 was good.

It is exactly what you should expect from a budget hotel

It is exactly what you should expect from a budget hotel Only thing I would say was should of had breakfast included

It is exactly what you should expect from a budget hotel

Staff amazing definitely stay again excellent value for money even offered to let me put all my tools in a room just in case van got broken into

Room very hot.

Room very hot. No air conditioner and even fan. No refrigerator. The bed not comfortable Breakfast not too good. Very good and secured parking spaces for customers.

Disappointing go to morrisons opposite if you want a breakfast.

The breakfast was inedible. We paid 17.89 for 2 pieces of toast and a bowl of cereal. The cooked breakfast I would have been ashamed to present to anyone. The bacon was all fat the rest dried up. It's not nice at that price to have to serve yourself especially when the food isn't worth eating. We use many hotels but would never ever return to this one or Ibis again.

I cannot answer that because we've never had such a disgusting breakfast.

Apart from the problems with the bathroom, my stay was comfortable.

I had trouble entering the room as the card was temperamental. The basin in the bathroom smelt when water was washed down the plughole and the toilet did not flush properly. Although the linen and towels were clean, they didn't appear clean as they were described as unbleached for environmental reasons.

The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable.

Convenient stop over for a long cross country journey.

The key card entry system wasn't working and I had to return 3 times to reception with all my bags. However the staff were very helpful and apologetic. Also on this occassion I found the bed too soft but then my bed at home is rock hard!

Very friendly and helpful staff. When I went for breakfast the lady took my room number and when she asked later how it was she did so using my name having clearly looked up the information.

Would definitely book again.

Not much could be improved for the excellent value given.

Carole Broad was our breakfast hostess and was so helpful,more than expected. We were on our way to a funeral, which she didn't know, and made our day more bearable. Many thanks.

did what it said on the tin.

We were given the wrong room key which meant just as we got into our twin beds (we had booked a double room) two people who we knew vaguely (we came up for a wedding) had to come in and get their stuff that had been left in the room. Other than that it was a decent stay.

The staff we came into contact with, were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious but basic.

no hot water in the wash basin unless tap was turned on fully . Pillows were hard and uncomfortable.

Location great for M18 supermarket fast food etc.

Pleasant and comfortable stay.

Stain on the duvet cover, but a lovely friendly and helpful member of staff changed it immediately.

Beds comfortable, room clean. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Fantastic, functional, budget hotel. We’ve stayed before & would return.

No particular negatives.

Fantastic budget hotel. Couple of mins off M1 (and only 20 mins from Sheffield) making it a great place for travelers; supermarket/petrol station opposite, so easy to stock up on supplies. Welcoming reception area (sofa, pool table, cards, connect 4, dominos, bar, restaurant serving basic meals & breakfast) and friendly staff. Comfy beds, dark curtains & essentials in rooms. Free fair usage Wi-fi.

Very convenient location, clean warm and modern and fresh.

It was a very cold spring day but if ibis were able to have done something about that I am sure they would have, so the answer question is nothing.

The room was booked for two nights for two exhibitors at a weekend exhibition. The feedback I received from them was that they enjoyed their stay immensely. As the card holder I had to be present on arrival and the booking in process was dealt with swiftly in a friendly manner. This hotel will be our first choice for next year.

a good place to stay on way to NE

A very well designed room for an overnight stay. We didn't eat there, the evening menu was not very comprehensive, but there was an excellent pub a few minutes walk and Morrisons too

The lift smelt of cigarette smoke.

The lift smelt of cigarette smoke. It was so powerful that we didn't realise the room also smelt of smoke. It was when I woke in the middle of the night that I could still smell old cigarette smoke - not very pleasant at all.

Good value budget accommodation in a convenient location.

It seems the Morrison car park opposite is used by the local boy racers in the evenings.

Conveniently located. Breakfast was enjoyable. Staff were friendly and polite.

Was exactly what we needed

The only thing I could complain about was the corridor doors before the lift. The close loudly when left to shut them selves so when people arrive late in night could hear the bang. Other than that was an excellent stay

Loved the rooms and the staff were excellent

Comfortable. Convenient for our needs.

Only 3 teabags and 3 coffee sachets. Maybe could have been more for 2 people. If both wanted 2 cups of tea we would have had to ask for more.

Comfy bed

Spoilt by poor hygiene

Disgusting cleaning standards. The water did not drain very well in the sink. When I pulled the plug out it was covered in hair and what I think was vomit. I have pictures. I did show this to a manager . It hadn’t been cleaned / remivedfrom the basin in a long time. I am considering ringing the customer relations . Not acceptable

Overall clean & quiet.

Unfortunately there was an unpleasant smell coming from the drainage in the room. Apparently they were having issues with the sink. Also the pillows weren't as comfortable as other Ibis hotels I've stayed at. Overall though, a good place to stay when on a budget so I would stay again

Overall clean & quiet. Very pleasant staff, friendly & attentive. Price is reasonable

The bed was very comfortable, the decor in the bathroom a...

The cleaning in our room especially the bathroom.

The bed was very comfortable, the decor in the bathroom a bit tired, the grouting needed renewing it made the bathroom look grubby. The cleaning wasn’t very good there was a lot of dust on the wardrobe. Apart from that the stay was good. Thank you.

Comfortable, relaxing and very chilled.

There was nothing we didn't like or felt could have been better. Ibis Rotherham East totally exceeded our expectations in every area.

The service for our evening meal was superb. Our chosen meal lovely and hot and super tasty. Beds were soooo comfortable we didn't want to get out.

Ok pay more on arrival if you have dogs.

Didn't like the fact that booking.com failed to inform on their site that there was a £10 surcharge for dogs.

Good location and accommodation acceptable for one night.

Enjoyable but restaurant needs updating drastically

The restaurant was a major disappointment. Hugely overpriced for everything and we didn't bother eating there, especially as there was a pub 20 yards away.

Bedroom basic but warm and comfy. No complaints.

excellent value, nice beds and rooms and staff very friendly and helpful. excellent location

I found the staff very helpful and friendly . We had never stayed there before as always stayed at another Ibis for sports events. This was recommended and despite a restless lack of sleep on the Saturday night as was right next to the door which kept banging with a 4.30 am this was addressed by staff very kindly and we would certainly be returning .

Location was perfect nice pub right outside Morrison's...

Nothing it is what it is budget hotel

Location was perfect nice pub right outside Morrison's across the road and a McDonald's all less than 1min walk

Very comfy beds clean hotel warm hairdryer and TV kettle with tv coffee

When you book in it was 2 twin rooms we booked . They give you what they have we were on 2 different floors which is ok because there is a lift .it would be better if you were on the same floor .

Thestaff very friendly . It's great for it's location Morrisons sir Jack's McDonald's and a Domino's across Rd

Great value hotel.

Not enough towels. Weak shower pressure. Not enough milk or sugar on the tea trays. Very expensive drinks in the bar.

Comfortable room. Lovely bed. Friendly staff

Nightmare!

Too noisy young people that were drunk on the room besides mine and kept me awake until 5 am. I told the staff and they didn't take action.

The fact I had a roof over my head

Excellent value for money,great staff,good location

Booked a night away for Valentines but had actually booked it for the following month..they were fully booked and so was everywhere else local,could have been a disaster but they sorted me a room out luckily that was on hold but the customers had not come back with a solid confirmation,so they gave it to me and saved my bacon lol,staff were brilliant,when i did return the following month,i.e this booking,they gave me free drinks vouchers and that was really nice so two large glasses of wine(good wine)was very much enjoyed on the house and they signed me up for their loyalty programme,beds are so lovely and comfortable,spotlessly clean,all that you could want on a budget,will certainly be using them again and recommend to others

It was in a ok area where there was shops and places to eat...

I had to sleep in my bed all week with chocolate on on. They didn't change them unroll the last day

It was in a ok area where there was shops and places to eat close by

Fantastic

The drains in the bathroom smelled which came into the bedroom so we had to close the bathroom door

Warm welcoming staff was friendly when we got there Friday evening Hayley one off the staff members on the friday night

Y family came from Ireland and the channel Islands for my...

Y family came from Ireland and the channel Islands for my mums funeral thy all were satisfied and booked more rooms for other family members thank you for a good service staff were very tentative when I said why we was there x

Just an overnight stay.

N/A.

Just an overnight stay. We didn’t stay for breakfast this time. The bed was very comfy slept really well maybe next time we visit will spend more time there and have breakfast.

I would stay again as in a good location friendly staff & has everything I need at the hotel

We were on the ground floor & on that particular night it was noisey above us from 12 midnight until 4am

Staff were lovely & very accomodating with my baby.

I will return again soon.

The weather on the Saturday morning!!! Nothing else I didn't like.

The location for me (family wise) is ideal and easy access directly off the M18. I have stayed here before and never had a bad experience. Carol has always made me welcome and it is nice to be recognised when I'm here again. On my last 2 visits I have not seen Carol and have missed that friendly smile. However, Hayley is another who has made me welcome here so a big thank you to you both and see you next time!!!

Another perfect stay.

Nothing you can't improve on excellence.

Bed extremely comfortable. I didn't want to get out. Breakfast would suit the most fussy people. A fantastic choice. Staff are welcoming and friendly. Can't wait to go back. Thank you all.

I reported the fact that the bed was creaking a LOT and that...

I reported the fact that the bed was creaking a LOT and that the hairdryer did not work twice during a two night stay and nothing was done about it. I apology offered either.

Amazing accommodation and amazing staff. I will be booking up again shortly for another stay.

The only thing that bothered me was a bit of grisle in my bacon and thought the bread could of been of better quality but that is literally it!

I loved absolutely everything! I’ve even sent an email to you’re company to share my amazement of ya hotel and to express my shock at the fact ya only 2star?!

This is an ideal “passing through” hotel. Its excellent value for money

We stayed for a convention held nearby on the night of the 24th February We had my elderly mum with us and I asked on arrival if she could be allocated a room next to ours with rails and level access facilities if possible The receptionist named Rachel replied she would see what she could do - and she did, all with courtesy, professionalism and a smile Pure service, so often not seen these days. The shops and pub around the hotel make it an ideal location and I happen to love a firm mattress!

Dated hotel with lovely staff

The drains in the bathroom smelt awful, there was cracked tiles and the whole hotel decor is dated

The staff were friendly, the beds were comfortable and the location is ideal

Good staff adequate room

Bar prices expensive , which reflects in itself as I was the only one in .

Free friendly and helpful staff on arrival , which puts you in relaxed atmosphere straight away .

Very good value overall with good service and good staff.

There was nothing not to lke

Easy to get to and close to arterial route. Very cost effective at only £40 per room/per night. The whole hotel was very clean, plenty of parking. The décor was good, staff were friendly attentive and helpful. This was the first time using the Ibis brand hotels, if there all as good as this one, then I would expect to use another in our future travels.

Staff great, room great,location great and overall stay great.

What we didn't like was the toilet was broken and we had to flush it over and over again to get it flush. There wasnt anything else we didint like everythign elsae was perfect

Staff was very friendly and nothing was too much for them. Toilet was broken and we had to flush it over and over again to get it flush. But overall we had a really nice stay

For the price as expected however would consider other locations next time

Room was very basic and 1 bed for 3 people so made the overnight stay restless, near by industrial estate was noisy with cars overnight

Location and price

All in all a very nice place to stay and I shall certainly look for Ibis again on my travels.

There were several issues with the bathroom: the plug hole from the shower was very slow to drain, the plug hole in the hand basin smelled and grouting on the bathroom floor could have been cleaner. I reported that the hot water tap was not working in the hand basin and they offered to move me straight away. A mini-fridge would have been a great addition.

Staff were extremely welcoming and very helpful throughout checkin, any contact I had and at the checkout. Convenient location and very quiet in the room despite proximity to motorways and easy walking distance to McDonalds and Morrisons. Free parking was very convenient. The beds and linen were very comfortable. The room had tea making facilities, hair dryer, individual heating control and a TV. I did think other guests were inconsiderate around mid-night allowing their doors to slam and speaking loudly in the corridors.

Everything about my stay was good

A friendly welcome when we arrived. Being able to relax in the bar area after a long journey with a drink & play pool. Comfortable bed Free parking

1 night stay totally enjoyed my stay

Only thing I could say that wasn't fully positive was the bed was quite noisy when moving or getting up or sitting down.

Everything was spot on and great value for money

excellent stay despite our circumstances, staff were amazing asked how we were

Police dropping off male who had slit his wrists, although myself&my husband work in this environment other people were scared, staff handled it well.

Friendly staff , clean, , extremely comfy bed

Location is excellent.

Room condition are very dated. Smell s bit like an old persons home. Not sure if it was the drains from the toilet

Location is excellent. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Great value for money but is def a budget hotel

Cheap!!!!!!

The room was not touched or cleaned the first day of our stay. We are awaiting a refund from ibis for this. The room was not clean when we arrived with a dirty carpet. The walkways to our room were also unclean with very damaged carpets that older people could trip over. There was also an incident on Saturday night that was not good when a drunk/drugged man came into reception and was abusive and also cut his wrists with a razor when thrown outside. We understand this is quite common on a Saturday night. A little worrying.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and tried to handle everything as best they could.

Motorway stop. Simples.

In the lift to the room there was litter and a broken cigarette. In the morning, after the cleaners had been using the lift.... the litter and cigarette were still there. Carpet in hallway was needing a good vacuum. Found 4 pubic hairs in our bed when we went to get in. Our room could also have done with a vacuum. I think their vacuums were not good enough, looked like they used the little ‘henry’ ones. We voiced our grieviences with the reception in the morning and the staff looked like they took it onboard. More like a hotel for construction workers that couples.

The check-in staff was very busy but was very nice and dealt with us quickly.

Fantastic value for money

warmth of room

Excellent value for money. Everywhere clean and tidy. Very helpful and efficient. Love the idea of a special phone with a link to local taxi's

Very good breakfast with lots of choice.

Heating controls/responsiveness.

Very good breakfast with lots of choice. Some difficulty persuading the heating to deliver a comfortable temperature.

Very pleasant and would return

No complaints at all

Check in and Check out is so easy to do. Room was very clean and comfortableand it was surprisingly quiet despite the hotels close proximity to the M18.

Alright stay

Couple of issues with card cause changed to late check in and hair dryer didnt work but staff fixed it by giving a spare one to use

Perfect near local amenities

okay hotel too stay

people shouting and slamming and banging doors when they was drunk , food is expensive ie alchol £4.00 ,crips £1.00 breakfast £8.95 per person and two hot drink £6.50 and cleaner entering my room without permission, cold room at first until the heating kicked in

the beds was conferrable and it was so clean and staff was helpful and friendly best hotel yet and free parking and Wi-Fi, it was value for money and it only a 2-3 star hotel but its more like a 4 star hotel

enjoyable stay

comfortable, well equipped rooms, well decorated with good quality fixtures and fittings. Some games available for children in bar area. Good value for money.

.My 5/6th visit to this hotel and probably my last. I need a change!!

Hotel not busy, asked for room on ground floor. Was given room with provisions for disabled person, I'm not disabled and found the experience somewhat disturbing. No explanation was given for the allocation of this particular room Were other standard rooms available, I really couldn't be bothered to ask!!!! The 'drain hole' in the tiny bathroom sink needs a good clean, its really filthy

Excellent bed, clean room

Very decent

No bath

First room they gave us wasn't made up from previous persons that stayed there but they gave us another room only a shower though no bath but apart from that it was a good place to stay

Exceeded expectations. Last stay in an Ibis was in a small grubby room, 2 years ago in Swansea.

Because we were later risers we found that the water was cold so it was a cold shower.

Late checkout time of 12:00 suited us as we like a slow start. The reception staff both day and night were very pleasant and friendly.

Friendly helpful staff, clean hotel in a good location. Very happy to recommend this hotel

There were only two medium sized towels in the bathroom and no hand or hair towel. The bathroom was well equipped and clean

The room temperature was great, usually rooms are too hot. Had a great night's sleep.

very good staff, always wiling to help. Except no Chillie sauce or tabasco.

Cooked breakfast should be hot and not tepid; bes ides tea in the room was vile, no drinking chocolate or biscuits. I would suggest English Breakfast tea and shortbread and Viennese biscuits. Thanks

Ideal for business and an overnight stay

The bed wasn't very comfortable it's too hard so didn't sleep well

Nice airy room and lovely bathroom and easy access to the hotel and very friendly staff

Really enjoyed our stay for the second consecutive Christmas. Will use this hotel again definitely.

Stayed with my work colleagues for a Christmas night out. Was very competitively priced, in a good location and room was comfortable. Particularly liked that the shower was nice and strong and hot.

Thank god it was only for 1 night.

Room was cold, hadn't been cleaned, shower soaps were empty, bed linen was full of dust and grass. Poor selection of beer in the bar.

It was somewhere to get my head down.

I will stay again as it was near to work and clean and comfy

The choice of food and too expensive for the quality. More cafe standard and so should be cafe price

Beds comfy, room clean and pleasant food only average but tasty

BAR PRICES !! OMG !!

BAR PRICES !! OMG !! Higher than central London hotels. £4.50 for a pint of Fosters!

Nice hotel, very modern, clean, staff really eager to help and offer advice.