Reviews of Huntingdon Marriott Hotel 4 stars

Kingfisher Way, Hinchingbrooke Business Park, Huntingdon, PE29 6FL, United Kingdom

#9 of 13 hotels in Huntingdon

5.1

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Overall the facilities were very good, nice room size and a very good breakfast. The desk manager was extremely helpful and we would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Though staff are great and friendly and obviously trying to do their best there is some hotel rules impossible to understand - very hard to check in and out, hidden staircase, weird breakfast - nobody meeting you and you can not understand where to find coffee for good 10 minutes. During dinner you are not able to have specials sitting in wrong area - does not look like a Marriott at all. But, again, stuff is trying to do their best.

Nice building, great interior.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The bed The meal in our rooms - over sweetened vegetables, pasta with very little taste. The room was very cold, air condition no option to turn to warm air, spent a lot of time feeling cold. The bed cause me a substantial amount of pain for the 3 nights we stayed. In fact at one stage we were about to leave before our booking. The bed was quite hollow therefore causing discomfort and affecting our stay. We cane specifically to celebrate 23 years of marriage and left with 3 nights of pain and agony.

We liked the breakfast buffet and the sauna and steam facilities.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Bar staff abrupt. Toilets in bar area a little dirty with no soap dispenser containing any soap!

Comfy room. TV channel choice. Easy check in and reception staff great.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Stayed one night for work. Room was spacious and clean. Gym was good and swimming pool fine. Towels are provided for the pool. I didn't have evening food or drink at the hotel but breakfast was really good with everything you would want. I had 'small' full breakfast, fresh fruit and waffle:-)There is plenty of parking at the hotel and it's easy to find from main road.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

What a lovely friendly hotel. The location was perfect for my son and I as we needed to be near to Hinchingbrooke School. Our twin room was really nice and big, we used the impressive gym facilities late on the Saturday night and the buffet breakfast the following day was perfect. Special thanks to Warren on Reception who made us feel most welcome and looked after us during our stay allowing me to have a later check out whilst my son was out for the day undertaking his Futsal Coaching Certificate. Lovely hotel and lovely customer service, thank you so much.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I would have preferred a higher room with a better view.

I especially enjoyed the indoor pool, steam room and hot tub etc. I found the spa area very relaxing which is what I was looking for. The variety at breakfast was good and tasty, the fruit was surprisingly good.

• Superior Queen Room

Drinks in the bar were not good. Coke flat and shandy flat. Sofa bed so uncomfortable like sleeping on an egg tray. Booked room for 3 only got towels for two. Had to ask to get sofa bed made up. No complimentary water in room.

Reception area beautiful to walk in to. Staff very nice.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I didn’t like the fact that the food there was quite expensive... hence why we ordered takeaway. And I feel the hot tub/jacuzzi could’ve been hotter. Also: their napkins weren’t very clean as there was a stain in ours, the shampoos and bathroom stuff that they had weren’t replaced from the last guests (so they were half empty), and there wasn’t anyone at reception when my husband wanted to request something.

I really liked the TV in our room. We were able to connect it to my iPad via Bluetooth and play music, which I thought was cool. They also allowed for us to order takeaway that was delivered to our room, free of charge (room service was £4 per round). Finally, the staff were very friendly and the hotel itself was nice.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Presumably you haven't started to train staff yet? Little things, like tables needing to be cleared and the food being served incomplete. Perhaps if they weren't so busy chatting and having fun they'd notice?

Can't think of anything.

Facilities like swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna etc are excellent. Hotel staff and staff in the restaurant are very friendly and most helpful. Spacious and comfortable rooms makes the stay enjoyable.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The bar was cavernous and empty apart from a couple of miserable reps staring at their mobile phones. Sign in the carpark from the police advising of thieves in the area. Sign in the carpark advising that Marriott takes no responsibility for the safety of guest vehicles or contents.

Plenty of parking. Breakfast was good. Bedroom window that actually opens.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Didn't receive my final invoice until i asked for it, and it wasn't available on the Tv to check before i left the room.

Generally a very relaxing stay. Restaurant and bar staff particularly friendly. Lovely that there was a garden; quite unexpected.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Kettle had to be positioned on the floor in order to reach the only available electric socket. No free bottles of water in the room.

The large screen tv

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Not much around so good for a business or one night stop over.

My mother and i stayed here for one night as a stop over on our way to a friends wedding. It was perfectly quiet and had everything we needed for an over night stay. We made use of the facilities which made it feel like a posh pamper before our family friends big day. The staff were very welcoming and couldn't do enough to ensure our stay was pleasant. The bar and food choices were suitably priced. The location for us was great as we could quickly jump back onto the A14 before continuing our journey.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The cooked breakfasts were not great. Mushrooms were 'dire', suspect they were tinned and tasted rubbery and strong; sausages were dry as they were overcooked; eggs were 'runny' as they were undercooked on top, toaster wasn't working properly - scrambled egg- were pale and appeared to be laying in water.

The hotel was quiet at night

• Superior Queen Room

Room was way to hot and could not open window air conditioning didn’t seem to cool room down. Was very sticky nights sleep.

Room was spacious and bed very comfy

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Only one lady - bar staff. She gave me a free drink. Very poor bar service. Poor quality staff. The meal was auful. My bathroom smelt of fesies.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Friendliness of staff and cleanliness.

We didn’t find the staff very friendly or helpful. Little things threw us off.. like asking front desk if they could call a taxi for us as we had a dinner reservation and had traveled a few hours to get there and we were running late, we were told they could only provide us with a taxi number to call ourselves. The toilet in the room didn’t flush. The shower curtain was stained from a white to a orange/red tinge. The sink counter had dried up old toothpaste all over it. Waited 40 minutes to check out in the lobby. The bed was actually quite comfortable and at breakfast the following morning there was (finally) a friendly and outgoing waitress who served us. She was great! Overall a disappointing and unpleasant stay. Wouldn’t recommend.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

In 2018 I don't expect to have to pay for internet when budget hotels provide this for free and I certainly don't expect the cost of internet to be £10 a day. I won't be staying at a Marriott again because of this reason.

The room size was excellent. The range of foods and quality of foods at breakfast was fantastic.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Not a big issue but there is a Lack of free Wi-fi in the room. This is a basic need of most and wouldn’t expect to pay, especially when free in the public areas of the hotel. Also, no USB ports in the room...another basic need nowadays!

Spacious and very clean. Staff are great and warm, friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The location for getting Into Huntingdon and local area. Great if it was for business meeting.

The staff and the facilities. Didn't use the gym or swimming pool. Breakfast was good.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

There was a party on till 2 in the morning all I could hear was banging screaming arguing all night stuff getting smashed.. heard a man trying to smash his car up, I fount a period stan on the sheets I brought a cheese and ham sandwich and the ham was black still got the picture

Loved the dinner burger was amazing brilliant in fact, lovely and quite for swimming,

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Breakfast excellent choice, but sadly cooked food cold and dried up. Look forward to cooked breakfast when away as treat from porridge.

The bed was very comfortable, couldn,'t fault the room, enjoyed a swim in lovely pool ,great snack in bar on arrival

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The restaurant was closed due to a private partyand the option to eat in the bar was impossible because a xmas party occupied the area, they were very loud and drunk. The staff managed as best they could and we ended up in our room with room service. There was a young family sitting next to the men and women in the bar and I thought it was appalling that they had to witness the language and behaviour of them.

Breakfast good

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The bathroom in our room was very dated, dirty shower curtain, the receptionist lacked communication skills, the room and bathroom on our second day wasn’t cleaned, bed wasn’t made and dirty cups weren’t taken away,

The breakfast was hot and plentiful

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Miserably that Marriott still asks money for WI-FI in rooms; and the price 9GBP per day that is basically for couple of hours in the evening??!. I have been traveling a lot and everywhere WI-FI was for free. Otherwise an excellent hotel.

• Superior Queen Room

The location is a bit inconvenient for go and about without your own car . In addiction , I found no mini bar inside the room .

We love it . My 9 old daughter would love to come back to stay again as the swimming pool so perfect for family . We had a great time there .

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Attended an evening event at the hotel so decided we would stay over but dog taken ill so asked hotel if they would allow us to cancel (in excess of 48 hours notice given) but never received a response! Would have preferred a "your not entitled to a refund so unfortunately we cant help you" reply however we were just totally ignored. Attended the event and had the additional cost of a taxi home.

See below

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I was surprised the bar was closed on our arrival at 2330 but I presume they know their business and the timing works for the majority. It was possible though to buy a beer from reception which was useful.

Just about everything

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Terrible fatty sausages ,dried up scrambled eggs,dead plants on breakfast tables.tired ,old ,dated inside and out.Very popular with buisness conferences.

helpful reception staff Jessica when mobile phone left at hotel.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

When I arrived they failed to acknowledge my request put on my booking and I was given the wrong type of room. I had to produce evidence of my request (as they claimed they did not receive this information from Booking.com) & they reallocated me to a disable double room. This was not suitable, as the sink was low; support railings were very evident. The room was not clean, stains on the bathroom shower curtain, dust around the door frames, marks on the door, the bath panel was deteriorating along the top edge & looked as though it needed replacing. The room was very cold & it took over 45-60 mins for the heating to kick in. I asked for additional duvet covers because the one provided on the bed seemed like a bed sheet and not a duvet. Given the price charged for my stay I was not impressed at all; this is certainly the worst Marriott Hotel I have ever stayed at and I will not use this facility again! I am going to make an official complaint, as the photos on their website do not match up with the actual room provided! I feel robbed, deceived and cheated!

The initial reception staff was very helpful & friendly. His colleague who got involved when I discovered we had been allocated the wrong room, was not very polite or understanding to the circumstances we found ourselves in.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Loved bagel + smoked salmon, and blueberry pancakes. Personally prefer less/no cream, so perhaps can serve as a side? Liked fact that on only three storeys, so rooms not too far from lift and amenities.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

At first I was charged for WIFI and also a random lounge service charge but when I pointed out these charges, they were taken off the bill. In this day and age Wifi should be free in hotels. Room was fine but decor a bit drab. More tea bags and milk needed.

Breakfast was very good - wide selection of food on offer. Staff very helpful and friendly - always smiling. Unusual and welcome snacks throughout the day while we were working - good idea. Dinner was ok as well. Nice bathroom.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Found the property hard to find and had to loop around twice following satnav as the business park it is in isn’t well signposted.

The room was a lot larger than we expected and was very comfortable. The room service for breakfast was delicious and was well presented. The lounge and other facilities were also of a high standard. Would definitely book here again.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The receptionist was not particularly welcoming, seemed negative and 'off-handed' from the outset. Pointing out that the restaurant was not available until 9p.m. due to an electric organ festival occupying it. She said meals were available from the Bar. So we decided to put up with that option. However we had only just finished bar meal when bar staff asked would we please move from our seats as they were rearranging seating in the bar into 'theatre-style' rows, and setting up organs at front to accommodate the festival audience after they left the restaurant. We felt it was rude to disrupt our attempt to have a leisurely meal and relax in the bar lounge as we felt we were entitled to as paying guests. We spoke to the Acting Duty Manager and told her of these concerns and our total disappointment at the way we were made to feel less welcome than the large festival contingent. She did agree with our concerns but could only offer us seating in the now empty dining room. We declined this as we would not feel comfortable in the now stripped restaurant with chairs stacked up around the room. She said she would pass on our concerns to the Manager after the weekend. We retired to our room at 9p.m. On leaving, again the same Receptionist was off-hand with us as we settled the bill, not asking whether we had enjoyed our stay.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Not sure what chloride was used in swimming pool , but water wasn`t as clear as should. No heavy blankets in bedroom . Would have used if so, as I was cold in bed during both nights. Breakfast was ridiculously expensive - thus decided not to commit myself to one.

Leisure facilities , bar and bedroom cleanliness, pleasant , polite and helpful staff.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

internet connection - need to pay for it in a room would improve breakfast a bit lack of bathrobes which you can use to come back from swimming pool a bit crowdy on the swimming pool lack of cutlery on the breakfast crowdy breakfast area

interconnected rooms - a great thing! clean and very comfy beds usage of swimming pool, sauna etc in the price great view all special wishes was done so great that Hotelier really keep attention and listen to Guests very nice and polite staff no problems at check-in

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Drinks very expensive in the bar and waiting on staff in morning take ages to bring tea and coffee to the table. Eggs weren't very good. Pizza from room service was so awful we complained.

Nice bed and good sized TV and lovely toiletrie.leisure pool and jacuzzi and facilities lovely.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

the room was not as clean as expected, cobwebs and stains on doors. the pool was closed. ordering from the menu at breakfast was a disaster on both days with members of our family not eating breakfast together due to staff getting orders wrong

The restaurant was good for the evening meal. The food was good and menu options were ok. the billing was unclear and timing of serving was non existent

Didn't find the reception staff very friendly !! Internet couldn't even access

Room was comfortable !!! Bar staff were lovely the restaurant were amazing

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Staff are nice and helpful but a little robotic (not their fault it's how they are told to be) They want you to pay an extra £50 deposit plus the cost of the room. They won't give your deposit back for 4 working days Internet was poor apparently due to a conference but I did a check and their download speed is only 3mb I'd certainly stay again because the good out weighs the slightly bad

Great A/C system (quiet yet effective). Bed is very comfortable which you will sink into and fall asleep T.V was amazing must of cost them at least £3000 Thick walls but you still hear a bit of movement outside the door Lightings not the best but is adequate Everything's generally a high standard

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Bed Not too comfy and the food selection was limited the burger was very dry with low quality ingredients and for the price of the burger you'd expect it to be better cuts of meat. This is our second stay here and it wasn't as good as the first time.

Good location, friendly staff, nice size room.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

We had a bar snack in the evening (8 of us, mainly sandwich-and-a-drink meals) and were horrified at the high cost of an unremarkable meal. We chose to eat elsewhere the second day.

Very comfortable bed, clean hotel, nice pool. Good breakfast. Staff were all friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Paying for wifi everyday is scandalous and I honestly saw free wifi on the booking. I would never have stayed if I knew it was £10 daily to use my email. Sadly this marred the experience.

Staff were very nice

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Such a weIcoming Hotel to visit with friendly staff. I stayed here the night before my wedding with my Bridesmaids and a couple of friends and the Best mans wife. We were looked after very well by the staff, Kim had organised in the bar area to set up a lovely table for us 8 ladies to enjoy a special meal. There was a great atmosphere and delicious food, thank you for making the night before my Wedding so memorable!!

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

No teaspoons for the tea cups (had to ask for some rather than the wooden stirrers). No fridge. No free or even moderately priced wifi (it's 2017 and we're in the UK, there's not really an excuse for charging). No pre-warning regarding the deposit on our booking confirmation.

Great TV and very comfy pillows. Nice sized room and good storage space.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Had to share a bed with my eighty five year old mother as the twin we booked was unavailable! This made our stay very uncomfortable and it was therefore disappointing.

Lovely staff! Great pillows and a good standard of decor

been more accomadating

The main problem with our stay was I booked two queen double rooms and paid your rate for this on arrival we were given a standard double and a twin and said that I had not been guaranteed a double queen room and pretty much take it or leave it

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

My only criticism would be the cost of breakfast. We choose to grab breakfast on the go as a continental breakfast which only consisted of pastries / bread really was priced at £9.95 per person. full english £15.95 per person - A little steep for me blood im afraid

Loved our stay - warm welcome from the staff. lovely spacious and clean rooms

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Fabulous hotel. Kids can swim until 11pm which is a rare facility. Most in the vending machine and chocolate wow. Food in the restaurant was beautiful. We will be going back.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

We had selected the Twin room option when booking but got a Queen room instead. The receptionist tried her best to change our room but they were fully booked. She did however get another bed put in our room instead.

The staff were friendly and hotel clean and well presented. We loved the leisure facilities included in the price. The server in the restaurant was great. She took our order by memory and was very attentive. Our Receptionist Louise was absolutely brilliant and helped to sort our room out when we didn't get a twin room.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

No fridge in room. Not as clean as I would have liked. For a 4 star hotel I would have expected spoons rather than wooden sticks. One packet of complimentary biscuits when two people in the room. Quite noisy when the windows are open at night.

Staff very pleasant.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Breakfast buffet somewhat limited and expensive relative to other hotel chains.

Room was very comfortable, plenty of space and all the usual requirements

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The bacon and the size of the cups. not much information of surrounding area, shops pubs etc not enough tea and coffee on arrival

Airy room. Comfy bed. Bit TV

Nothing, it was great :)

This hotel is really fantastic. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. All the facilities - Hairdryer, Iron, Air-Con...they have a Brilliant Leisure Centre. All the Staff are really helpful and friendly. We arrived late and they didn't mind at all making us dinner...the bar staff and restaurant staff are great...Would totally recommend The Marriott, Huntingdon if you are staying in the area.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

For the first time I was slightly disappointed with my stay. The cleaning of the room lacked attention to detail, it was just a bit grubby in places - black marks on the bathroom door, orange staining on the tiles and bath fitting - not show stoppers but should not be there. When I ate I ordered a burger which was quite substantial but came on the most stupidly small plate imaginable - once the chips were added it was impossible to eat without sending food off the plate. The use of unsuitable crockery ruins a good meal for no apparent reason and should stop!

Its a regular booking so I know what to expect. The location is very good as it sits on the motorway and is a good hub for all routes, also its just 10 minutes from the rail station. The leisure facilities are basic but good enough and never seem to be over crowded.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Wasn't impressed by the Recharge in-room snacks and drinks service, which should have been better stocked. Better use of lighting in the bar would improve the atmosphere considerably.

Breakfast was good and the dining room staff were welcoming and accommodating.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

We arrived late after a long drive from Europe and chose this hotel as a stop off before make the last leg home to Scotland, went to bar for a night cap before going to bed and it was clear we were in way of the staff setting up for next day event? Furniture was being never from one room to another and it was not the relaxing drink we planned so we took our drinks to room.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I had paid for one of the best rooms, this had not been cleaned properly after the previous occupants, long head hair stuck to the side of the bath, bits on the carpet, did not give the impression of a quality room, we were in room 23, were not informed before hand that this is next to the staff laundry, this is in use from 8am until 9pm, the spin dryer sounded as if it was going to come through the wall at times.

Reception staff were very helpful, always had a smile on their face.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The place was lovely I didn't realise you had swimming pool Or I would have taken stuff room was lovely but as above I hope some one will get back to me on this disappointed

The smell of perfume in reception was terrible I have asthma and could hardly breath, the toilet in out room was dirty in corner, the heating blew cold air all night didn't bother me but my husband as a real bad cold/ infection our bed was meant to be a queen bed if that is queen then the bed I have at home is 3singles together. The meals were lovely but not worth the money to expensive we were only on training course for work and it cost 58 pound.when I went out to my car it was cover over the back with hedge trimmings

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

There was nothing we didn't like, It would have been better if we stayed there longer,

We liked everything, the bed was comfy, food was lovely, staff was very efficient, hotel was very clean

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Located in a business park off the motorway so not scenic & reliant on own car/taxi

Quiet room, comfortable bed, good breakfast. Plenty of parking. Nice gym with enough equipment for a one off visit.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Nothing I didn't like.

Room was super clean, food was great, facilities couldn't have been better. Staff were really friendly. Had a great nights sleep, really quiet.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Reception staff were pretty poor. Booking.com error meant that we booked a room for two adults but were only allocated one included breakfast... hotel staff were incredibly unhelpful about it. Poor customer service experience.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Air conditioning in the room was so loud I couldn't sleep so had to turn it off. Reported to reception but they said this was due to the age of the system. The room did not get the tea tray replenished for the next day and dirty cups and glasses were not removed. Reception did offer to get housekeeping back.

Friendly staff and comfortable room.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The central Marriott switchboard was not very helpful, but once I managed to get in touch with the hotel itself I had no problems.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a local festival which kept them busy and they were very keen to ensure that guests were not disturbed. True to their word I wasn't. The bed was excellent and the pillows really comfortable. The hotel is on a busy road but must be triple glazed as I couldn't hear it even with the air conditioning off. The restaurant served really good food (rather to my surprise), but don't have 3 courses unless you are very hungry - the portions are huge!

• Superior Queen Room

The dinner menu could have been a bit better, but I have picky tastes, so this isn't the hotels fault.

Great breakfast and a very clean room. The pool is excellent. The family and I were very happy here.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Bar area had loud music and a TV on at the same time so there was nowhere to sit quietly

Reception staff were excellent, quick check-in and depart. Comfy and quiet room.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Restaurant very expensive, lacked atmosphere, staff did not care, child's meal was burnt couldn't find a waitress to complain to, when we did it was too late and I was expected to pay full price

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The manager was very unhelpful, the breakfast ridiculously expensive, the location rubbish, the shower falling apart and mouldy. Go to the Premier Inn half a mile down the road

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Access by foot not easy - without a car the location feels a bit isolating and we had to get cabs everywhere, although that helped us see more than just the town.

The swimming pool was very pleasant and the facilities were very accessible with pleasant staff on hand.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The wifi was free and worked well, the £50 was not taken as we paid cash for food and drink on site. Thought the lighting over the bath/ shower area could have been improved. Comfy bed and linen even on one night which is unusual.

A room full of feather pillows, mattress toppers and quilts which are not mentioned anywhere that I saw on the web site. When I asked for them to be changed I was made to feel I was being a nuisance and that I should have told them in advance. ( I haven't stayed at a Marriott before so I had no idea the hotel would be full of feathers.) I have stayed in many similarly priced hotels over the last few years and none of them have feather bedding. Feather pillows are often available but hey ho. the problem was sorted. Next time I will book a special hypo allergenic room.

spacious hotel entrance, friendly bar and restaurant staff, good food selection, good onsite parking. extensive looking fitness and health suites, if you want that.